rujitra (NA)
: Why does theft matter in a world with cameras, buzzers that go off if you walk out of the store, serial numbers... etc? Because it's still wrong, and other people shouldn't have to burden themselves because you can't avoid doing wrong things.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MuJkOV8Y,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-04-08T01:00:41.969+0000) > > Why does theft matter in a world with cameras, buzzers that go off if you walk out of the store, serial numbers... etc? > > Because it's still wrong, and other people shouldn't have to burden themselves because you can't avoid doing wrong things. You're comparing an actual crime to internet shit talking though, at the end of the day someone saying you're bad on an internet game or dumb shouldn't be a bannable offense in my opinion but i guess I think differently than riot.
Dionesus (NA)
: Games are not ruined by toxicity...they are ruined by bad players. The sooner riot realizes that...the better the player experience will be.
> [{quoted}](name=Dionesus,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MuJkOV8Y,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-04-08T00:17:37.974+0000) > > Games are not ruined by toxicity...they are ruined by bad players. The sooner riot realizes that...the better the player experience will be. I also believe people tilt too easily when it comes to what others say, if I fuck up and face tank a morgana q and my support says "what the fuck are you doing ape" I'm not gonna be super hurt and tilt off the face of the earth. I'm gonna look at my self and say "damn I'm an ape what the fuck am I doing" and try and prove them wrong
: Well, the former half of that example is not strictly forbidden, and generally counts as off-meta. Technically speaking, there's no real restrictions on who can be played where, so, Katarina Support isn't against the rules, provided they discuss their strategy to some capacity. The latter half, though, is blatant trolling. Supports haemorrhaging the bottom laner's farm is pretty much entirely trolling, unless both of the laners agreed to it beforehand. One thing that must be mentioned in regards to intentional feeding/trolling cases, though, is that reports must be accurate and concise; report for **Intentional Feeding** (it seems to be an umbrella category for all gameplay misbehavior), and write down in the Details a thorough and concise accounting of the misbehavior. The more accurate the report, the better, and the higher the likelihood that the troll will get punished.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MuJkOV8Y,comment-id=000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-08T00:11:19.867+0000) > > Well, the former half of that example is not strictly forbidden, and generally counts as off-meta. Technically speaking, there's no real restrictions on who can be played where, so, Katarina Support isn't against the rules, provided they discuss their strategy to some capacity. > > The latter half, though, is blatant trolling. Supports haemorrhaging the bottom laner's farm is pretty much entirely trolling, unless both of the laners agreed to it beforehand. > > One thing that must be mentioned in regards to intentional feeding/trolling cases, though, is that reports must be accurate and concise; report for **Intentional Feeding** (it seems to be an umbrella category for all gameplay misbehavior), and write down in the Details a thorough and concise accounting of the misbehavior. > > The more accurate the report, the better, and the higher the likelihood that the troll will get punished. I appreciate the explanation, my last question I have for ya is if someone adds me as a friend then their duo adds me as a friend and they both spam message me to kill myself over and over then unfriend me I have no way to report it or provide proof it happened although clearly these players deserve punished. I have a video on my phone of the messages but is there anything I can do to make sure something happens to them? Ironically enough they got mad I didn't report someone on their team for being toxic so they decided to add me and spam that...
: Quicker; it varies, but generally no; intentionally feeding (as well as trolling) is a fair bit harder to detect than chat misbehavior. That said, it _does_ result in harsher penalties when it is confirmed, with the first punishment being a 14-day ban (regardless of previous behavioral history), and the second punishment being a permanent ban (comparable to zero-tolerance chat misbehavior.)
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MuJkOV8Y,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-07T23:59:09.610+0000) > > Quicker; it varies, but generally no; intentionally feeding (as well as trolling) is a fair bit harder to detect than chat misbehavior. > > That said, it _does_ result in harsher penalties when it is confirmed, with the first punishment being a 14-day ban (regardless of previous behavioral history), and the second punishment being a permanent ban (comparable to zero-tolerance chat misbehavior.) And what is determined as trolling and not "off meta", IE I've had a katarina go "support" and proceed to try and take all my farm as I am adc then do better than me stats because I was underfarmed and forced into a lane that I was fucked from select in?
: Then the mute button is pointless. If the toxic comment in question already ruined the game, then that's it. Game's over. Pack up ya bags and hit that ff@15.
> [{quoted}](name=Wave Burner,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MuJkOV8Y,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-04-07T23:55:32.673+0000) > > Then the mute button is pointless. If the toxic comment in question already ruined the game, then that's it. Game's over. Pack up ya bags and hit that ff@15. Ahh yes but you can't tell your team to ff at 15 or say the game is over because that's negative attitude.
: It certainly can be, especially when you're doing your damnedest to win and it just isn't enough. Bonus points if the person who's telling you to "stop feeding" does nothing to help you. Yes, one comment can ruin someone's game, whether you like it or not. Muting does not magically undo that comment, and therefor the existence of the mute feature is not a valid argument in defense of allowing toxicity. > I don't think that the community should be that tilted by one comment on an online forum though. The game is not a forum. I'm not sure if this was just a mistype, but regardless, I'm pointing it out.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MuJkOV8Y,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-07T23:41:09.605+0000) > > It certainly can be, especially when you're doing your damnedest to win and it just isn't enough. Bonus points if the person who's telling you to "stop feeding" does nothing to help you. > > Yes, one comment can ruin someone's game, whether you like it or not. Muting does not magically undo that comment, and therefor the existence of the mute feature is not a valid argument in defense of allowing toxicity. > > The game is not a forum. I'm not sure if this was just a mistype, but regardless, I'm pointing it out. yeah that's my b on the forum part you're right. This is unrelated but does inting have a harsher and quicker path to punishment or is the same as toxicity?
: > ...when you can mute someone the moment they start being toxic? Your game would already have to be impacted by the toxicity for you to have needed to mute them. Muting doesn't magically rectify the damage caused by the initial toxicity.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MuJkOV8Y,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-04-07T23:24:34.788+0000) > > Your game would already have to be impacted by the toxicity for you to have needed to mute them. Muting doesn't magically rectify the damage caused by the initial toxicity. So let's say someone says "stop feeding", I mute them. You're implying one comment is enough to ruin someone's game? I don't think that the community should be that tilted by one comment on an online forum though.
: A mute button is to try and salvage a game already ruined by toxicity. Chat related punishments are to make sure no one else has a game ruined by toxicity.
> [{quoted}](name=Wilk Łucznik,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=MuJkOV8Y,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-07T23:09:03.856+0000) > > A mute button is to try and salvage a game already ruined by toxicity. > > Chat related punishments are to make sure no one else has a game ruined by toxicity. I guess my confusion comes from how can a game be ruined by toxicity when you can mute someone the moment they start being toxic?
Rioter Comments
: Kayle
I feel as though she would need a rework to be balanced, let's say they nerf her ability to out dps basically anyone. She'd just go from ulting herself to ulting someone with the highest dps at no mana cost and a 40 second cd I believe.
: Kayle
Also does anyone else agree kayle has been sleeper almost the entire time this game has been played?
Rioter Comments
: Kayle Balanced?
Alright well let me try and add some comments from my experiences. Yes, her E does auto-push in lane, however in my opinion since she does rely on items to achieve the dps if you concentrate on playing safe and farming until you have nashor's you will not do poorly. Also her mana pool isn't drained that quickly in my experience due to the fact early game you're essentially farming with a single ability that you end up recovering the mana from due to a doran ring start.
Rioter Comments
Arie (NA)
: Tell us your cheesiest League pickup lines!
Are you a Zac blob, because I'd absorb you any day.
Arie (NA)
: Just Noob Things
When I first started playing I only bought health items and stacked giant's belts thinking if I had a bunch of health I wouldn't die.
: The Doom Bots of Doom have come
I think there should be a different icon that you earn if you beat doom bots V
: One For All is back with a twist!

Wildstyle808

Level 109 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion