: If you can not devote 30 to 40 minutes for a game, do not play at all.
This thread made me realize at 25 I'm to old to be playing this game.
: Welp, That Killed Jungle Diversity and any Interest I Had Playing This Game
I was a Xin main before the patch and even I hate this patch despite it pretty much making Xin a god tier jungler now especially with the phase rush buff. It is literally just terrible design and maybe the dumbest change I have ever seen made to this game. I'm glad it takes years for them to fix how busted ADCs are but takes them one patch to destroy the jungle.
Rioter Comments
Naalith (NA)
: I'm gonna say you shouldn't have been banned for this. I think it shouldn't be against the rules to defend yourself in the first place (however mild the defense may be) but you didn't flame them at all. Even myself who is generally positive has a few sarcastic quips at flamers from time to time, you've done literally nothing wrong besides the moron comment potentially. But honestly if we're banning for the word moron now in an entire game of messages... that's just stupid. Soon I'm gonna get banned for saying "ty for leash" whenever I steal a Baron or Dragon in all chat if this is the rate we're going.
> [{quoted}](name=Naalith,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-05-11T04:56:28.111+0000) > > I'm gonna say you shouldn't have been banned for this. I think it shouldn't be against the rules to defend yourself in the first place (however mild the defense may be) but you didn't flame them at all. Even myself who is generally positive has a few sarcastic quips at flamers from time to time, you've done literally nothing wrong besides the moron comment potentially. But honestly if we're banning for the word moron now in an entire game of messages... that's just stupid. > > Soon I'm gonna get banned for saying "ty for leash" whenever I steal a Baron or Dragon in all chat if this is the rate we're going. Have we really become that soft as a society that calling someone a moron results in being removed from a community? No wonder why people have so many problems today. Everyone has giant egos made of glass.
: The system matches you with what it believes is also your MMR. In this case, while you may be gold, the system calculated that you are a indeed a silver. If you keep wining, the system will change it up and match you with better players
> [{quoted}](name=xJLx MCHammer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eEMxGOh5,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2018-05-07T01:45:42.004+0000) > > The system matches you with what it believes is also your MMR. > > In this case, while you may be gold, the system calculated that you are a indeed a silver. If you keep wining, the system will change it up and match you with better players That isn't how it works at all. He didn't calculate I was a silver. I was still climbing and winning games. It also isn't just my rank to take into consideration but everyone else in the game. The entire enemy team had gold 2s and 3s on their team. I believe all of them had slightly above 50% win ratios meaning they win more than they lose and should slowly climb. Meanwhile the silver 2 who is an entire division below some of the enemy players has about a 40% win rate with barely any games played.
Leonerdo (NA)
: The Silver 2 player in question was Gold 3 last season and hasn't played much since. Placements dropped him to Silver 2, but he's probably still got roughly Gold 5 MMR. But since he doesn't play much, he's rusty and losing a fair bit. He won't make it out of Silver, but it will take another 10 games for his MMR to drop the rest of the way down to that level. Even if this example weren't easily explained, one bad match out of 100 (or even 10) doesn't make matchmaking terrible. Players are just too damn inconsistent; even with perfect matchmaking, 1 out of 10 games would still be mess because of players having good/bad games and teams having uncoordinated compositions.
> [{quoted}](name=Leonerdo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eEMxGOh5,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-05-06T17:14:43.689+0000) > > The Silver 2 player in question was Gold 3 last season and hasn't played much since. Placements dropped him to Silver 2, but he's probably still got roughly Gold 5 MMR. But since he doesn't play much, he's rusty and losing a fair bit. He won't make it out of Silver, but it will take another 10 games for his MMR to drop the rest of the way down to that level. > > Even if this example weren't easily explained, one bad match out of 100 (or even 10) doesn't make matchmaking terrible. Players are just too damn inconsistent; even with perfect matchmaking, 1 out of 10 games would still be mess because of players having good/bad games and teams having uncoordinated compositions. Which is terrible design. Why would they place someone in Silver 2 but then give them a gold 5+ MMR? Right after placements your MMR should be exactly where you placed. MMR is were the game thinks you're supposed to be at. So if the game thinks he is supposed to be at gold 5 then why would it place him in silver 2? Literally makes zero sense. Also I believe from that game everyone on the other team was gold 2 and 3. So the multiple gold 2s they had are an entire division ahead of the one of my teammates. Yeah great system.
: Enlighten us Rito, we need the smite lord to come back.
> [{quoted}](name=I Love Roses,realm=OCE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=001f,timestamp=2018-05-11T09:59:17.859+0000) > > Enlighten us Rito, we need the smite lord to come back. No we don't. That guy was a total idiot trying to way over complicate easy solutions and constantly bragging how he's right because he has a PhD. If you get fired from Riot you must be doing a pretty terrible job. He didn't quit. He was fired. It's just more professional to say he resigned. I also find it funny the guy "smiting" people and who was supposed to be the pinnacle of player behavior was cheating on his wife with like 3 other women.
: > [{quoted}](name=GodCarry,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-11T04:44:24.961+0000) > > Why someone thinks that a person shouldn't speak up for themselves because they just got off a time-out is beyond me. I wasn't aggressive or abusive towards this person who chose to turn the whole lobby against me and make my game a toxic cesspool for 30 minutes. I insinuated she was a moron for her actions and that one single message was perma-ban worthy. That is not acceptable. I gotta agree with you man. i've seen a bunch of people getting SLAMMED with penalties lately for non-worthy games, one dude got banned for just being mildly annoying and saying he muted people. honestly, best option is to just mute chat from everyone every game or dont respond in ANY toxic fashion, impossible as that sounds. People will be apes and abuse your own words against you, and since the game's too huge riot gave up on fairly moderating it. If you're pissed at a game, just say what you would type aloud to yourself and don't press Enter once.
> [{quoted}](name=AetherArising,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wauyY0e2,comment-id=00020000000000000001,timestamp=2018-05-11T05:02:18.521+0000) > > I gotta agree with you man. > > i've seen a bunch of people getting SLAMMED with penalties lately for non-worthy games, one dude got banned for just being mildly annoying and saying he muted people. > > honestly, best option is to just mute chat from everyone every game or dont respond in ANY toxic fashion, impossible as that sounds. People will be apes and abuse your own words against you, and since the game's too huge riot gave up on fairly moderating it. If you're pissed at a game, just say what you would type aloud to yourself and don't press Enter once. Lmao I just got my first 2 week ban for calling people 12 year olds when they are mid tantrum. Meanwhile they int, troll, feed on purpose, and walk around and try and steal your camps because they died level 2 in lane and scream NO GANKS! So in their minds their trolling is justified, but if you say stop acting like a 12 year old moron you get banned. Meanwhile nearly every single game I see some sort of racist clan tag/ summoner name. How ironic that the kid with clan tag "n*gger" is reporting people and actually causing them to get bans.
: Unpopular Opinion: Yasuo is not broken. You need to learn how play around him
I don't think most people think he is broken. Most people just think he isn't fun to play against at all.
Akaash (NA)
: People who think League is dying have never played a dying game.
I think people confuse "declining" and "dying." The game is losing players and past its peak but isn't anywhere even close to dying.
Rioter Comments
: I am completely demoralized by the levels of trolling in low elo
Lol I was called a "%%%got" because I woulnd't gank for a pre 6 Diana who was 3 levels down vs an ezreal. Why was she 3 levels down? Oh because she was AFK. I said " well you were afk that's your fault." She tells me its my fault. lol okay.
: What also doesn't make sense is the matchmaking. I don't understand how players can be getting matched up based on their "skill" level and go 0-5 in 10 minutes.
> [{quoted}](name=KoolDood69,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=J6VEpbOz,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-04-01T01:07:52.672+0000) > > What also doesn't make sense is the matchmaking. I don't understand how players can be getting matched up based on their "skill" level and go 0-5 in 10 minutes. Lol I just got out of RANKED game where there were 2 plats in the game. A mixture of golds and silver 2 who averages over 8 deaths a game and has like a 42% win ratio. Now the silver was obviously a duo but why that is even allowed is beyond me. 3 different tiers all in one ranked game. You can imagine how well it went for the silver 2. NICE RIOT!
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
kaironen (NA)
: Silver might be a terrible elo to be at. But diamond V though, is that high elo silver. Go in that elo and you will see boosted players, people who don't care, people who pick whatever and don't play their main champions, and the few people who actually tryhard (those exists, I swear). However, there's no doubt that silver is a mess too, it's 1 of the elos with the biggest difference in skill. silver 3 and under are usually the meh to bad players, few good ones but those are rare I think. silver 2+ is usually decent ish since it's getting near to gold, which Imo is the average elo for competitive players. source: the demotion from diamond V genius
> [{quoted}](name=kaironen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wQE23O6Z,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2018-03-25T06:04:27.791+0000) > > Silver might be a terrible elo to be at. But diamond V though, is that high elo silver. Go in that elo and you will see boosted players, people who don't care, people who pick whatever and don't play their main champions, and the few people who actually tryhard (those exists, I swear). However, there's no doubt that silver is a mess too, it's 1 of the elos with the biggest difference in skill. silver 3 and under are usually the meh to bad players, few good ones but those are rare I think. silver 2+ is usually decent ish since it's getting near to gold, which Imo is the average elo for competitive players. > > source: the demotion from diamond V genius Which brings up another interesting point. The ranking system is pure garbage. People troll so much in diamond 5 because they assume they won't ever make it to masters and they already made diamond so they mine as well just do whatever they want at this point. That sucks for people who actually want to climb and make a push for masters. For me personally it isn't about losing elo, it's the fact that people who choose to troll have all the power and control. They can deliberately waste your time and you can't do a damn thing about it. If you say something you get banned.
kurnubego (EUNE)
: Because snowball Because they might end up in match up they do not know how to play against yet Because they got screwed over early by a good play Because you fail to recognize how map pressure works and push blame and player who is getting the receiving end of it. Because you don't understand how to counter trynda split push. You do realize that sometimes you are the 'retard' you've describing the eyes of others, rite? People screwing up in game does not mean they do not belong in the same league as you, dear. I find your post to be pathetically arrogant.
> [{quoted}](name=kurnubego,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wQE23O6Z,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2018-03-25T15:13:43.885+0000) > > Because snowball > Because they might end up in match up they do not know how to play against yet > Because they got screwed over early by a good play > Because you fail to recognize how map pressure works and push blame and player who is getting the receiving end of it. > Because you don't understand how to counter trynda split push. > > You do realize that sometimes you are the 'retard' you've describing the eyes of others, rite? > > People screwing up in game does not mean they do not belong in the same league as you, dear. I find your post to be pathetically arrogant. I think you're drastically missing the point. I didn't say I played perfect but you legit have people who play like total retards. I have had a legit fair amount of people with between 5 and 10 deaths before the 10 min mark who are actually not even trolling. They really are just that bad. When you die 4 times in the first 5 minutes. It is typically not a good idea to continue to shove your wave and try and duel the guy you just died to 4 times.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Narzal (NA)
: You could just lose all your games, so you stop playing some good players near your skill level.
> [{quoted}](name=Narzal,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=67flzd6Y,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-07-29T20:42:07.360+0000) > > You could just lose all your games, so you stop playing some good players near your skill level. It doesn't have anything to do with "skill level". I have been plat before and half the people there belong in silver. It has everything to do with the fact I'm at a disadvantage because I don't have access to all my runes and masteries yet.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments

WillSmiteforfood

Level 60 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion