: Please Don't Make the Poro Sakura Icons Japan Exclusive :(
Checked with the e-commerce team today and the plan is that these icons will make their way to regions outside of Japan "soon" (FORGIVE ME). I have no context on pricing or a specific launch date though.
Ørdeal (NA)
: I just got banned after 1 game of riven support. Not 2, not 3, 1. I played my best and we won the game. I have logs for proof
> [{quoted}](name=Ørdeal,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EtXQhs5J,comment-id=003d,timestamp=2017-03-27T23:31:11.767+0000) > > I just got banned after 1 game of riven support. Not 2, not 3, 1. I played my best and we won the game. I have logs for proof Your ban wasn't for Riven Support, it was by our toxic chat system; not any manual audit. This is coming after you just served a two week suspension for chat offenses, so you're high on the system's radar. I saw you wrote in a ticket so someone from PS will be getting back to you soon to review it with you.
: That's why there needs to be more clarification on what is acceptable and not; _Is support tied down to the bot lane exclusively?_, for example, needs to be clarified. Otherwise, I feel what you are describing and being frustrated with, are players who _intentionally troll/feed_, these players are **not** exclusively off-meta picking players. Off-meta does NOT equal "instant troll/feeder".
> [{quoted}](name=Bôôsted Bonobo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EtXQhs5J,comment-id=000700000000000000010000,timestamp=2017-03-27T21:06:40.272+0000) > > That's why there needs to be more clarification on what is acceptable and not; > > _Is support tied down to the bot lane exclusively?_, for example, needs to be clarified. > > Otherwise, I feel what you are describing and being frustrated with, are players who _intentionally troll/feed_, these players are **not** exclusively off-meta picking players. > > Off-meta does NOT equal "instant troll/feeder". This is the conversation that Meddler's discussion will cover more. One of the things that stood out of this whole deal early on is that there is confusion about things like what off-meta and trolling are, what roles vs. positions are, what is playing to win? This confusion was not just for players, but even Rioters as well. (We had a lot of the same debates that were going on in the previous boards/reddit thread internally) Hopefully game design's post will give clarity to this issue. In the short term we won't process any of these kinds of account locks until the community has a chance to see our thoughts and participate in the conversation.
: I think it's extremely important to note here the **limited range of automated messages a player can receive**. They may have their account "temporarily locked", but it is indistinguishable from any other manual permanent ban to the player until they've contacted player support. There really needs to be more options for clarity here; either a wider range of in-client and automated email messages (they should get a notification on the boards too tbh), or the ability to provide a player with customized in-client notifications.
> [{quoted}](name=Deep Terror Nami,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EtXQhs5J,comment-id=0020,timestamp=2017-03-27T19:47:30.931+0000) > > I think it's extremely important to note here the **limited range of automated messages a player can receive**. They may have their account "temporarily locked", but it is indistinguishable from any other manual permanent ban to the player until they've contacted player support. There really needs to be more options for clarity here; either a wider range of in-client and automated email messages (they should get a notification on the boards too tbh), or the ability to provide a player with customized in-client notifications. We agree! We're looking at ways to improve the in-client messaging so players can distinguish a "lock" vs a "ban". This will be helpful for a lot of things, even outside these audits; like the previously mentioned example of a compromised account.
: Ok, I appreciate the thought behind this, but what about those players who fail to reform? Is there going to be any sort of "repeat offender" policy where people who play so severely off meta as to negatively impact the game on a regular basis *do* receive some sort of consequence (especially in the circumstance of being warned that their play style is adversely affecting the community)? I am and always have been a proponent of meta-breaking (gotta love my AP Varus :D) and think it should be encouraged *within reason* but failing to communicate with your team about what you are doing (as is the case with the roaming support jungle Nunu feedbot guy) even after being contacted about it is no longer meta breaking or trying something because it is fun, it is applying an arbitrary handicap to your team for no other reason than to "break the meta". When I play AP Varus, it's because I find I am more useful to my team and have more fun with that play style than his traditional build. What that guy and others like him do is sacrifice their team's experience for something that is fun for ***only them***, and more often than not ineffective. *Basically what I'm asking is 1: **How do you track people who don't reform?** And 2: **What is your rubric for "Breaking the meta" as opposed to trolling?** (looking for specifics here, that's where my concern is).*
> [{quoted}](name=junglerboy16,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EtXQhs5J,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2017-03-27T18:48:11.190+0000) > > Ok, I appreciate the thought behind this, but what about those players who fail to reform? Is there going to be any sort of "repeat offender" policy where people who play so severely off meta as to negatively impact the game on a regular basis *do* receive some sort of consequence (especially in the circumstance of being warned that their play style is adversely affecting the community)? > > I am and always have been a proponent of meta-breaking (gotta love my AP Varus :D) and think it should be encouraged *within reason* but failing to communicate with your team about what you are doing (as is the case with the roaming support jungle Nunu feedbot guy) even after being contacted about it is no longer meta breaking or trying something because it is fun, it is applying an arbitrary handicap to your team for no other reason than to "break the meta". When I play AP Varus, it's because I find I am more useful to my team and have more fun with that play style than his traditional build. What that guy and others like him do is sacrifice their team's experience for something that is fun for ***only them***, and more often than not ineffective. > > *Basically what I'm asking is 1: **How do you track people who don't reform?** And 2: **What is your rubric for "Breaking the meta" as opposed to trolling?** (looking for specifics here, that's where my concern is).* 1) Because people who fit in this criteria are very few and far between we'll be keeping an eye on them manually. If they pop up on our radar again for the exact same behavior we wouldn't lock their account again if we assessed that they were not trolling or ruining matches intentionally. 2) Meddler is working on a follow up post to address your question gameplay and the meta; I believe it will help give everyone a better understanding how we distinguish intentional disruptions in game.
: How will this account lock interact with Hextech Loot eligibility? I am given to understand that getting a restriction/suspension/other punishment makes you ineligible for loot for understandable reasons (hextech loot is a reward for good behavior in a way). Will this type of thing make you loot ineligible categorically or will it be a case by case basis? EDIT: By the way, thanks for the update on this!
> [{quoted}](name=Hethalean,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EtXQhs5J,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2017-03-27T18:44:54.718+0000) > > How will this account lock interact with Hextech Loot eligibility? I am given to understand that getting a restriction/suspension/other punishment makes you ineligible for loot for understandable reasons (hextech loot is a reward for good behavior in a way). > > Will this type of thing make you loot ineligible categorically or will it be a case by case basis? > > EDIT: By the way, thanks for the update on this! By default an Account Lock will only prompt you to contact support upon log-in; there are no additional disciplinary punishments like hextech in-eligibility, leaverbuster, or chat restrictions. When the lock is lifted it there is no permanent mark on your record at all.
: >In cases where the lock is deserved due to intentional trolling it will be turned into a 14 day ban. This is good. I like this. That way if the changes to the system are properly communicated to everyone, people will be able to tell the difference between bans for trolling and the imaginary "off-meta" bans. Are the updates already in the behaviour articles or is it still awaiting localization?
> [{quoted}](name=LostFr0st,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EtXQhs5J,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2017-03-27T18:31:35.304+0000) > > This is good. I like this. > > That way if the changes to the system are properly communicated to everyone, people will be able to tell the difference between bans for trolling and the imaginary "off-meta" bans. > > Are the updates already in the behaviour articles or is it still awaiting localization? The support article is pretty old, we want to re-work the whole thing and change those examples/screenshots. It's not ready to upload yet though!
: The lock-out to force a 1 on 1 chat with support seems odd, but better than the current 14 day ban followed by talking to support to get it lifted a few days later.
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EtXQhs5J,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-03-27T18:19:49.242+0000) > > The lock-out to force a 1 on 1 chat with support seems odd, but better than the current 14 day ban followed by talking to support to get it lifted a few days later. Ya, something that gets lost in these discussions is that our manual audits uncover a lot of other kinds of behavior that we either don't want in the game, or that we want a player to contact us in the event that something is wrong with their account. For example, maybe the account was pretty normal behavior wise but all of a sudden went balls to the wall toxic because someone else snuck on and played games. By locking the account, support can sift through these cases and do an appropriate action. In rare cases like the one this post is designed for (with unusual meta picks), we'll unlock the account. In cases like a compromised account we'll do an account recovery. In cases where the lock is deserved due to intentional trolling it will be turned into a 14 day ban.
  Rioter Comments
: 14 day ban because playing Nunu Support with Smite is "stealing other people's roles"...?
Here we are again! The case of_ “Unusual Pick that Throws A Game on Its head”_ vs _“The Teammates going WTF Is Going On”_. [If you’re just tuning in we previously covered this topic with a similar case in December: “Support Singed isn't bannable, but that's not the point”. ](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/79aGu3wR-support-singed-isnt-banable-but-thats-not-the-point?comment=006b) We feel that the situation between these two edge cases are very similar. But it’s obvious we need to keep updating a few processes to smooth out any rare repeats in the future. And rare is what we’d call this; it’s a very unique edge case that seems to only present itself once every few months among thousands of audits that we process. Let’s re-iterate our stance from before: **Q: Can I get banned for choosing a champion or strategy that is outside the current meta?** A: 100% no. Choosing a champion or strategy outside of the current meta is not a factor we take into account when reviewing accounts. On any given day tens of thousands of players are making unusual picks in the game and they’ll never receive penalties in any form. **Q: So why does this issue keep coming up? What makes it different?** A: Riot Gromp said it best in the previous post when they stated: “...common sense and good sportsmanship say that experimenting players need to clearly communicate intent and win conditions to their teammates.” League of Legends is a team game and sometimes the biggest challenge can be coordinating with 4 other strangers who share a common goal; victory. If a player is going to rewrite the rules for the rest of their team then there is more pressure to properly communicate to everyone what they want the plan to be, and what they think everyone should do to achieve it. But wait! Communication doesn’t stop after you press the Enter button on your keyboard; and that’s where we saw a problem in this particular case. All of us need to be aware of the difference of communicating “with” someone vs. communicating “at” someone. _Telling your team what you’re going to do and then ignoring them isn’t really working with them it’s holding them hostage_. Telling your team what you want to do and actually working towards a common plan is a central part to playing any team based game. In this case what we observed was an expert Nunu counter-jungler throwing the meta on it’s head with a respectable win rate of 53%. While pretty impressive on it’s own, we also found that nearly 50% of their games were reported by teammates as frustrating and unfun. Keep in mind, this isn’t just teammates in losing games, this is teammates across all of his games; victories included. The message was pretty clear to us, this player is serious about_ Making Nunu Great Again_ but they are leaving a trail of dissatisfaction, frustration, and anger in their wake. Winning is not the end all be all of League. We want players to have fun but not at the expense of teammates. Ideally this means players will coordinate among themselves in a given match and react to the unique circumstances they end up in. If a player is consistently forcing “their vision” on the rest of the team **and **refusing to adapt to their needs we reserve the right to intervene. That’s what happened here (and before with the Singed case); players cried out how terrible the experience was for them and we intervened. Moving forward we’re going to keep updating our processes for these edge cases. We will still be on the lookout for situations where a player is creating a really negative experience for everyone else and we will intervene when necessary. In this case it’s undeniable that TakeTheDraw wants to win even if their approach leaves a lot to be desired. The effects on others in his games were enough for us to lock the account and we stand by that. But our agents were not properly prepared with a process to handle this edge case when they wrote in and that is on me. I will be working with the team to clarify an escalation process that emphasizes clearer feedback and opens the door for ban reductions if we believe that someone can make changes to their play style allowing them to continue crushing the meta but not at the expense of their teammates.
: Thank you very much for the thorough post. Does this mean I can use my strategy without fear of being suspended, as long as I communicate a lot with my team?
It’s a difficult question to answer directly because cases like this will always depend on a lot of factors. So hear me out. Communication is def key here. But keep in mind that there is a difference between communicating **AT** someone vs communicating **WITH** someone. In many games I reviewed you would inform your team mates of what your plan was but you failed to adapt to what was being said by your team mates in response. You can craft an innovative strategy but half of any plan to win a match of League will involve your teammates. If the team isn’t able to adopt the strategy at hand needs your help to recover the pressure falls on you to evolve your tactics and support them. An example of this is a match where you were filling the ADC role. Intent on fulfilling a similar strategy as when you fill your support role you left your support Janna alone bot lane. Much to her own confusion on what to do she tried to handle the lane solo but it’s clear it wasn’t working. A moment like this is a time to pivot on strategy; adapting to the circumstances that develop in a match. As bot lane begins to fall so does the team, eventually cascading to other lanes as the enemy gets more objectives and kills. Another example is one particularly unfortunate match where your team’s jungler was unhappy that you had killed friendly jungle creeps, starving him of XP he needed for his jungle rotation. Later in the match this led the jungler to going to mid lane to get some minions, which made the mid unhappy that they were now sharing XP. At one point they asked you to leave blue for mid, but you took it anyways; an important part of your strategy perhaps, but failing to acknowledge how the rest of your team is playing. The unusual strategy ends up backfiring; not because it may fundamentally be flawed, but because the human element of League wasn’t addressed and your team fell into disarray. The methods of communication within League are pretty limited to chat and conveying difficult plays or strategies can be tough. This isn’t a reason to not try something unusual, nor is it an excuse to ignore the thoughts of your team mates. But it is something that you’ll have to factor in when trying something new. If you are interested in trying crazy stuff I would encourage you to get like minded people together. 2017 will be the year of Flex Queue, finding and playing with players who understand your strategy, are excited to try it and are even willing to make picks that compliment it will never be easier. Queuing solo will always remain an option, but the difficulty of uniting 4 strangers to something unheard of is something you will have to be aware of and account for. We don’t have a specific system or feature that moderates this kind of behavior. Incidents like these are reviewed by Rioters only after they are flagged to us by a variety of possible variables we look at in League matches. We would never ban an account based off something basic like unusual picks, unusual builds, or weird roles. To be honest those kinds of things might get complaints from other players but they are not the kind of things that make a measurable impact on how painful a match might be for our players. However, players that feel ignored, disrespected, hijacked, or marginalized do report increased pain and frustration with League. In your case various factors we use to monitor pain in League were being set off in the matches you played. Your strategy was leaving a wake of discontent and frustration in a consistent pattern of games you played. If this happens again it’s possible your account may be flagged again. Should that happen; you (and anyone else who may be flagged in a similar way) are always encouraged to write us back. Since these are hand reviewed cases we will re-review the circumstances if you contact us. For my own part out of this, I’m going to talk to the team to see how we can communicate the issue better through Support. Our goal is to never permanently remove someone who’s honest desire is to try new things and aim to win their matches. But if the pursuit of **Science!** leads to measurable harm to other players (even if unintentional) then we may have to intervene. Not to punish (unless it is being done for the purpose of being a jerk) but to educate and find ways to mitigate the frustrating experience that is being created.
hypnoso (NA)
: If Intentionally Feeding is reportable, why not Intentionally Killing an Intent Feeder?
That kind of unsportsmanlike behavior is def reportable! He is clearly being an unsportsmanlike jerkoff. However, it isn't likely that the Darius would be banned for this one instance because at the end of the day he is merely killing an opponent who has decided to feed endlessly. BUT! Behavior like this is probably a symptom of being an overall jerk in his matches. It's always good to report people being jerks, because overtime our system builds a profile of that player and their behavior. If they're acting like this in a game where they have the upper hand imagine the kind of tantrum they're likely to do when the feeder is on their team?
Kygen (NA)
: KR GRAPHICS
ZeroPhear, you will be okay using KR voiceovers. I'm not quite sure what you mean by graphics though?
: > [{quoted}](name=WookieeCookie,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1iYWRJd7,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-09-24T03:09:42.532+0000) > > Hey Sickmind, > > Your account was locked temporarily because we saw suspicious activity on it after a long period of inactivity. Often we see less scrupulous people attempt to gain access to very old accounts which they then sell on the "black market" or use for botting purposes. Since your account was level 6 it seems to me like they intended to turn it into a "bot" and mindlessly play games till 30 before they'll sell it to someone else. > > Support will be able to recover the account for you once they reach your ticket. What's the company policy on things like this? Is it alright to buy and sell accounts? If not what is the penalty I came across this on eBay was wondering. http://m.ebay.com/itm/S1-NA-League-of-Legends-Account-All-Champs-206-Skins-Rare-Gold-70k-IP-/282178504902?nav=SEARCH
Buying and Selling is against the rules and if caught would result in the account being permanently banned. It can take a lot of forms, sometimes someone sells their own account, but often we see people level "botted" accounts to 30 and then sell to others. We take action on these accounts because it's a really shitty experience for the people who had to play games with these accounts. Usually the "bot" behavior isn't advance and just involves endlessly pushing a lane. We've seen Co-Op Vs. AI games go terrible because these "bots" have fed the enemy team of AI's with their poor play.
Suppanat (NA)
: randomly banned for no reason with no email
Hey Suppanat, Your account was locked because we detected some suspicious log-in activity. Be sure to send a ticket to support and they'll be able to restore access for you!
Sickmind (NA)
: Permabanned? I haven't played in years!
Hey Sickmind, Your account was locked temporarily because we saw suspicious activity on it after a long period of inactivity. Often we see less scrupulous people attempt to gain access to very old accounts which they then sell on the "black market" or use for botting purposes. Since your account was level 6 it seems to me like they intended to turn it into a "bot" and mindlessly play games till 30 before they'll sell it to someone else. Support will be able to recover the account for you once they reach your ticket.
: No email to tell me the reason I got perm banned
Hey ba choice, I double checked tonight and it looks like your account was caught in one of our waves targeting accounts that were botted to level 30 and then sold. Unfortunately this means it is permanently locked and can no longer be used.
Acidalia (NA)
: I DIDNT MEAN IT
Hey Acidalia, I can understand that you didn't intend to leave the game. Sometimes when you gotta go, you gotta go. And when you're in danger of spewing molten chocolate lava all over your chair I don't think anyone here at Riot would choose otherwise. However with that said we've purposely designed the Leaverbuster system to not take intent into account. This is because leaving, regardless of the reason still has a negative impact on all other players in the game. One thing to keep in mind however, is that it won't take action on your account until repeated leaves have been recorded. This is because sometimes life happens and we all need to leave unexpectedly. You mentioned you had left games prior so this is likely why the system was quick to take action on you for this one leave. Also if you continue to leave games Leaverbuster will leave longer and longer punishments on you account. The GOOD news though is that your standing with Leaverbuster is not permanent. It will improve as you play matches without leaving and eventually return you to neutral status. This means that in the rare circumstance that "life calls" you'll likely be able to leave without facing a severe penalty quickly.
: This could be you next..Please read
Hey LeChatlier, I took a look at your account and to clarify it was actioned on by a separate system then what my team did this week. Our test was only on the North American server, while your account is on EU-West. With that said, it looks like something may be wrong and you deserve a second look. The EU support team is separate from us here in NA, but I'm going to reach out to my counterpart in Dublin and we'll get to the bottom of this.
TaoWarYa (NA)
: Perm. Banned after two days playing?
Hey TaoWarYa, I've been experimenting with a few ways to detect "bots" in Co-Op vs AI and ARAM games. We have a few methods currently but one of the problems is that they can be slow, so by the time we find them the damage has already been done. It's possible your account got caught up in the ban wave and if so I'm deeply sorry. The good news though is that we can release the account if you contact Player Support! https://support.leagueoflegends.com/home
: Temp banned, can Riot email me my chat log
Hey AngryAnchor, Your account was a bit of an odd case that came to us after some manual review. What we found is that you and a group of friends would queue up for ranked matches and then intentionally surrender them despite actually being clearly in the lead. We've seen this before a few times and we generally don't have a problem with a full pre-made doing this as it's their own LP and MMR at stake. However, the two instances that brought it to our attention were times where you were a pre-made of 4 with a solo player on your team. These players were not bought into the novelty of surrendering a guaranteed win and didn't appreciate being forced into the joke against their will at the sacrifice of their own MMR and in one case leading to a player's demotion Please keep in mind for the future that as a group of 5 on the same team you're free to troll each other as you see fit (assuming you're good friends and everyone is fine with it). But when you play with strangers you'll be held at a higher standard then that of just playing with people you know.
: What are your thoughts about the current Taric rework?
> [{quoted}](name=Ichabod Kong,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=0080,timestamp=2016-03-02T20:46:05.743+0000) > > What are your thoughts about the current Taric rework? I'm excited. I don't play Taric right now because he's so outdated visually. But I like the idea behind his kit and I have a soft spot for tanky champions.
Vishra (NA)
: I have a question about the LeaverBuster, if you have like a WiFi or other personal problem, isn't it a bit too harsh? i have to wait 20 min. just to play 1 match! i got this "LeaverBuster" due to WiFi problems. if there's any way you can reply, that would be helpful. thanks
> [{quoted}](name=0Kiritokun0,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=0085,timestamp=2016-03-07T01:39:21.089+0000) > > I have a question about the LeaverBuster, if you have like a WiFi or other personal problem, isn't it a bit too harsh? i have to wait 20 min. just to play 1 match! i got this "LeaverBuster" due to WiFi problems. if there's any way you can reply, that would be helpful. thanks oKiritokuno! I'm sorry to hear you were leaverbuster'd. We do get this question a lot, and I can def sympathize with the fact that you're not intentionally leaving games. However, the effect on the game and everyone else in that match is the same regardless of whether you left purposely or not. If you're getting 20 min wait times in Leaverbuster Queue then it's likely this is happening more than once. (Your first offense is just a warning and you have to do multiples to get up to 20 minutes). We wouldn't be able to reduce or remove the leaverbuster punishment. But if you do send a ticket our Tech specialists will troubleshoot the issue with you. It may seem like there's nothing you can do about a poor internet connection but sometimes there are tweaks and tricks that may help out. Although, when it comes to Wi-Fi we really encourage players to switch to a network cable connection. League isn't the bets on Wi-Fi because of all the packets of data it needs to keep updated.
Elewd (NA)
: so this is a strange question, but have you ever banned a person and think that it was a mistake? and who is your favorite champion, and why is it Zyra.
> [{quoted}](name=Elewd,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=0086,timestamp=2016-03-07T04:31:31.175+0000) > > so this is a strange question, but have you ever banned a person and think that it was a mistake? > and who is your favorite champion, and why is it Zyra. There have been people banned by mistake in the past. But when that happens we'll immediately unban them. We don't want to keep a ban that wasn't deserved. Specifically I remember a time I was looking into players using a Sion exploit. It let them use Sion's ult and control their direction 100%. (They could essentially run figure 8's with his ult turned on). At the same time, there was a bug in our client that allowed people to "tap" his Ult, which created a stutter movement and allowed him to make sharp turns. I incorrectly banned him thinking he was using the exploit. Once we realized the mistake we undid. Plus side of the situation is it helped us distinguish between the hack and the bug! And to pre-empt any "can I get banned for using a bug?" questions, the answer here is it depends! In almost all cases we wouldn't immediately ban someone who engages or stumbles upon a bug. However, if a player is using a bug repeatedly to gain an advantage then it's likely we'll take action. An example would be a few years back when there was a Mejai's bug which allowed a player to start of with max stacks. It required a very specific process to do. Although it was a bug (that we ended up fixing) we were able to track players who were regularly exploiting it to get an advantage and took action on them. As for favorite champion, I already mentioned Soraka before, she's def my favorite. However, for other lanes I like Jungle Sion, Mid Anivia, Top Irelia, and Caitlyn ADC!
: Hey wookiecookie, It's my first time really post something online Riot page. I read one of the discussion that Dont purchase account because they were mostly botted to 30 and you guys can easily found out and ban it. This discussion scared me (I didnt purchase account). I want a new ID and I still love my previous ID; therefore I created a new account and then I play bot everyday. Most of the games were bot. Will my account be banned of you guys found out? I am a plat player last season and I really dont want to waste time on leveling my account. How can you guys make sure that isnt the player is playing bot everytime?
> [{quoted}](name=PandaTV Imp,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=0087,timestamp=2016-03-09T05:03:55.619+0000) > > Hey wookiecookie, > It's my first time really post something online Riot page. I read one of the discussion that Dont purchase account because they were mostly botted to 30 and you guys can easily found out and ban it. This discussion scared me (I didnt purchase account). I want a new ID and I still love my previous ID; therefore I created a new account and then I play bot everyday. Most of the games were bot. Will my account be banned of you guys found out? I am a plat player last season and I really dont want to waste time on leveling my account. How can you guys make sure that isnt the player is playing bot everytime? Hey PandaTVImp, Do you mean that you played Co-Op Vs. AI or that you used a bot service to level your account when you were AFK. Playing Co-Op Vs. AI games to level up your account is fine! Some players do it because it's usually easier then full PvP matches. But using any sort of "service" or program that plays the game for you would be against our rules. It's possible that an account found to have done that kind of behavior could be banned. I can understand that some players don't mean any harm when they use these programs. They just want to get to level 30 quickly! But on the other side, players who get queued with a "bot" do not have fun, and their experience is ruined. This is why we'll take action. On a more happy note, did you hear that we're going to adjust the XP neccessary to level an account from 1 to 30? I believe we're going to half the amount of total XP it takes to help reduce the overall grind it takes to level.
Mokkun (NA)
: Is the Tribunal essentially dead at this point? At least the form that involved players voting? And if so, has Lyte (or will he), publish a paper/information on the experiment in crowd sourcing acceptable behavior? I found the concept of having the community self-police fascinating, and it was interesting watching all the tweaks and evolutions of the system over time.
> [{quoted}](name=Mokkun,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=0065,timestamp=2016-03-02T04:38:25.101+0000) > > Is the Tribunal essentially dead at this point? At least the form that involved players voting? > > And if so, has Lyte (or will he), publish a paper/information on the experiment in crowd sourcing acceptable behavior? I found the concept of having the community self-police fascinating, and it was interesting watching all the tweaks and evolutions of the system over time. The Tribunal is def not dead! The system we have now are the first steps towards the new Tribunal. Lyte and the PB Devs are looking at ways to combine Machine Learning and Community Voting to create a system that can capture a lot of behaviors. For example, Machine Learning is really good for definitive toxic behaviors, but if things are in the gray area it can be hard for it to make a decision. At Riot we'd rather that the system doesn't make a hard determination on Gray areas in case it makes a mistake. That's the kind of role that we see community participation filling. Given a vote, players were pretty accurate in using the evidence presented to make a correct determination! I don't really have any timelines on when that aspect of our systems might return though. RIP. Soon. TM.
: I just have a quick question here and its this, if you have to give a guess or you have an actual answer, how many reports/complaints do you get in a day?
> [{quoted}](name=SDUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=0064,timestamp=2016-03-02T04:36:03.354+0000) > > I just have a quick question here and its this, if you have to give a guess or you have an actual answer, how many reports/complaints do you get in a day? In terms of reports (ie in game reports) we get a lot. But I can't comment on how many exactly. Everyone who's played League has likely been reported for something (even us here at Riot). We know that not all reports really matter (some are just to let off steam) so the systems we've created are built around that idea.
: how of the star wars universe do you know, if you don't mind a fellow nerd asking.
> [{quoted}](name=inyourgame,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=0063,timestamp=2016-03-02T04:01:04.229+0000) > > how of the star wars universe do you know, if you don't mind a fellow nerd asking. I read A LOT but slowed down after the New Jedi Order series of books wrapped up. I guess now that Disney acquired Star Wars all that Expanded Universe knowledge is pretty irrelevant now. {{sticker:zombie-nunu-tears}}
: How do you distinguish generally toxic people and people who may be going through bad times in their lives? For example, I was really depressed and sad about a friend of mine who committed suicide around July. The people I was playing with flamed me for a bad play and someone typed "kys" and i completely snapped and called him every cuss word and insult under the sun. Granted, my teammates had no idea the situation I was in. Regardless, my outburst was strictly an outburst constructed of pent up anger,frustration, sadness, etc.I was, in turn, reported and banned within 30 minutes. What I'm trying to say is do you immediately ban based on the chat, or do you take other life interactions that may drive the argument in a negative way into consideration? Also, this isn't some dumb attempt to get my account unbanned or anything; I was banned in July and I'm over it (actually needed to take a break from games, not just League and it actually helped me)
> [{quoted}](name=Beowulf678,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=0062,timestamp=2016-03-02T04:00:02.350+0000) > > How do you distinguish generally toxic people and people who may be going through bad times in their lives? For example, I was really depressed and sad about a friend of mine who committed suicide around July. The people I was playing with flamed me for a bad play and someone typed "kys" and i completely snapped and called him every cuss word and insult under the sun. Granted, my teammates had no idea the situation I was in. Regardless, my outburst was strictly an outburst constructed of pent up anger,frustration, sadness, etc.I was, in turn, reported and banned within 30 minutes. > What I'm trying to say is do you immediately ban based on the chat, or do you take other life interactions that may drive the argument in a negative way into consideration? > > Also, this isn't some dumb attempt to get my account unbanned or anything; I was banned in July and I'm over it (actually needed to take a break from games, not just League and it actually helped me) To be honest, our behavior systems wouldn't really be able to distinguish whether a person is having a really bad day or not. I'm really sorry for your loss, a loss of a friend can really fuck with our heads sometimes. But if poor behavior is found then a punishment will likely be given. With that said, it usually wouldn't result in a permanent ban right off the bat. So players would likely see a chat restriction or a temporary ban before any serious damage is done. The logic isn't the most comforting in the face of a serious personal loss, but the system interprets interactions all the same. So for example if someone had just gotten in an argument with their girlfriend and then played League (being terrible to everyone else) then the system is going to take action all the same if they were just a trolly person. This is because the effect is pretty much the same for the other players involved in the game. Regardless of what the intention was.
: Does the tribunal look at every report and do they review chat history and such to make sure they're using the right punishment? It seems I get reported a lot by my fellow summoners and I know that few times I have actually tilted. However it seems like most of the time I get reported because someone else gets mad that they aren't doing good or that i'm not doing good myself. I like jungle, but is it really my fault that someone on my team isn't doing good? Do I deserve to be punished for someones careless behavior in the rift?
> [{quoted}](name=RangerDanger689,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=005f,timestamp=2016-03-02T03:07:28.807+0000) > > Does the tribunal look at every report and do they review chat history and such to make sure they're using the right punishment? It seems I get reported a lot by my fellow summoners and I know that few times I have actually tilted. However it seems like most of the time I get reported because someone else gets mad that they aren't doing good or that i'm not doing good myself. I like jungle, but is it really my fault that someone on my team isn't doing good? Do I deserve to be punished for someones careless behavior in the rift? It's a good question, and a lot of players can focus too deeply on whether they've been reported or not. A better way to look at it: Have you been banned before? If not, then you're probably doing alright, even if getting a few reports. (we all get reported eventually!) If you have been banned or chat restricted then you'll get a reform card sent to your e-mail (and you can view it when you log into the client!). That will contain the chat logs of the games that helped contribute to the punishment. Realistically, would you say those games were because of other players being too sensitive, or because you might not have been acting your best in game?
flame67 (NA)
: i love you're work
> [{quoted}](name=flame67,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=003a,timestamp=2016-03-01T23:06:46.249+0000) > > i love you're work Your comment reminded me of this GIJOE PSA: https://youtu.be/kj802AGE9Bg?t=19s
Kinjishi (NA)
: Even if you get honor, you have to get it every game. You can receive hundreds of honor and never receive a ribbon. It'd be nice if they revamped the system.
> [{quoted}](name=Yasu Yoru,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=003900000002,timestamp=2016-03-04T06:53:28.642+0000) > > Even if you get honor, you have to get it every game. You can receive hundreds of honor and never receive a ribbon. It'd be nice if they revamped the system. Ya, I agree it's pretty tough to earn the ribbon especially today. Once you've earned a ribbon it can be easier to "maintain", as in you don't necessarily have to receive as much honor as you did to earn it. (But you DO have to still earn it) The easiest one to get IMO is the Honorable Opponent badge. The secret to doing it is to... be nice..... :D No really. When you finish your match of League be polite and fun to players in post champ. If you won, be humble and kind; make a compliment to the other team where they did well. Wish them luck next time. If you lose, be gracious and friendly. Remember there's always next game. Congratulate the other team and wish everyone luck for their next match. Everyone is just one more Queue away from victory after all. :D The fun part is that even if you don't really believe what you're saying, eventually it sort of sticks on you. "Fake it till you believe it" kind of thing!
: I suppose frustration wouldn't really have been the right term, but perhaps more like helplessness if someone is having a bad time, but you can't actually do anything about it due to the lack of a report. Although I suppose that's begging the question, do you actually need reports to action someone, or is there enough under the hood passive detection that people can be actioned even if no one ever reports them?
> [{quoted}](name=Mysticman89,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=002900000000,timestamp=2016-03-02T17:57:33.527+0000) > > I suppose frustration wouldn't really have been the right term, but perhaps more like helplessness if someone is having a bad time, but you can't actually do anything about it due to the lack of a report. Although I suppose that's begging the question, do you actually need reports to action someone, or is there enough under the hood passive detection that people can be actioned even if no one ever reports them? It'll depend on the system TBH. For example, if someone is in a game saying bad words but no one reports them we might not look into the game, because (from what we can see) no one seemed to be too bothered by the language. However, if someone was using scripts or hacks we tune our systems to look out for that, regardless of whether they were reported or not.
: Hey man, As player support do you get to interact with all of the other riot employees? From what I've seen, many of the riot employees are really tightly connected and it's so cool! Also what do you call Mr. Beck when you talk to him, do you address him as Ryze or just by his name? :D
> [{quoted}](name=BruhWhoYouThink,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=005d,timestamp=2016-03-02T02:28:38.604+0000) > > Hey man, > > As player support do you get to interact with all of the other riot employees? From what I've seen, many of the riot employees are really tightly connected and it's so cool! > Also what do you call Mr. Beck when you talk to him, do you address him as Ryze or just by his name? :D Ya! Unlike previous companies I've worked at Player Support has A LOT of access to areas of the company. That's pretty true for all of Riot though, it's not unheard of for someone from a completely unrelated department to provide feedback or share concerns with another area of the company.
: Hey Wookiee what is the stupidest(or most ridiculous) reason you have seen someone get banned for?
> [{quoted}](name=ZenWarlawk,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=005c,timestamp=2016-03-02T02:25:37.217+0000) > > Hey Wookiee what is the stupidest(or most ridiculous) reason you have seen someone get banned for? Hmmmm. I always shake my head when someone is banned because they shared the account with someone who went on to do terrible things. We make our rules pretty clear about account sharing, it's not allowed. It's terrible. It compromises your account and it compromises your log in information (and possibly other online services that you might use with the same password!). Worst of all, if that person you shared with cheats, becomes toxic, or screws with the game in any way then the owner is going to be held liable. So many times do we see players write in shocked and upset that they've been banned for scripting or hacking. They're POSITIVE they did no such thing. Then we take a deeper investigation into their account and it turns out they're right! They never did script. Except for those two weeks a few months ago where they used an MMR Boosting service and were no longer logging into the account. Turns out that MMR Booster guarentess great results... because he cheats. Oops! Getting legit compromised by a stranger (say from a phishing link) is one thing. We're always on the lookout for those cases and will over turn them when we see them. But if a player willingly shares their account with someone else they're very potentially throwing that account away forever. **TL;DR: DO NOT SHARE YOUR LOG-IN INFORMATION. ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT FOREST FIR.... I MEAN ACCOUNT COMPROMISES.**
: What are you thoughts on ranked Solo Queue 3v3? While I am completely aware that the champions are balanced for 5v5 play, it would be loads of fun regardless.... Plus, 5v5 is waaaaay over-done.
> [{quoted}](name=ChuckkN0RRIS,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=005b,timestamp=2016-03-02T02:23:24.654+0000) > > What are you thoughts on ranked Solo Queue 3v3? > While I am completely aware that the champions are balanced for 5v5 play, it would be loads of fun regardless.... Plus, 5v5 is waaaaay over-done. I'm the wrong person to ask. I have never played a game of Twisted Treeline in the 5 years that I've been playing!
Kotteb (NA)
: do you think the pbe bans for verbal are too harsh, no warning and perma banned, even if they were good testing wise? do you think it's unfair for people to have to sit in a game they dont want to play/have lost (down like 30 kills at 10 mins or somethin)/have an afk that's making them lose for 10-20 mins, especially if the 20 min mark rolls around and the whole team doesn't want to ff? if you leave you get a wait penalty, but at this point it's a waste of the players time... so it's 5 minutes idle on fountain or at turret, or 20 in queues. is that fair? (maybe i phrased this wrong){{summoner:13}}
> [{quoted}](name=Kotteb,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=0058,timestamp=2016-03-02T02:12:32.449+0000) > > do you think the pbe bans for verbal are too harsh, no warning and perma banned, even if they were good testing wise? > I agree with you that it is a harsh penalty, but I do believe it is okay in these instances. The PBE is something we offer to players to experience new content before it's released and submit feedback. It has it's assorted challenges that go with it and one of those are how do we support it? We can't necessarily give it the same level of moderation support as the Live servers because that will take a lot of resources. Since the PBE is an "extra" that players can access we think it's fair to hold them more accountable for their actions. Ideally I'd love to be in a situation where your PBE account can be directly linked to your liver server account; that way actions in one can affect the other. But spaghetti code, yada yada. > do you think it's unfair for people to have to sit in a game they dont want to play/have lost (down like 30 kills at 10 mins or somethin)/have an afk that's making them lose for 10-20 mins, especially if the 20 min mark rolls around and the whole team doesn't want to ff? if you leave you get a wait penalty, but at this point it's a waste of the players time... so it's 5 minutes idle on fountain or at turret, or 20 in queues. is that fair? (maybe i phrased this wrong){{summoner:13}} That's a tough one. If you're being specific about "fairness" then I think it's def fair to expect players to finish a game they start playing. That's a reality based around the type of game that League is and it's a social contract that binds all of us as players together. We can't expect to win every game, but if we're signing up to play then we can expect to play every game to the finish. There is nothing worse than being behind but still having an opportunity to win only to have a team mate lose all morale and become dead weight. What was once a chance for victory then quickly becomes nothing. On the other other hand, I can relate to the frustration involved with a losing match or a 4v5. No one likes to lose, especially if we feel like the loss was out of our control in the first place. Unfortunately adding a lot of features that can react to this situation is difficult and can be prone to abuse. With that said, I know Lyte and the PB Devs have been thinking through some options in the past it's just a really hard problem to solve. Personally, when I'm in that kind of situation I try to think of the situation objectively. A game may be lost, but I still have 10 minutes or so until an FF attempt. What should I do? Be upset and make the next 10 minutes miserable for myself and my team? Or, understand the situation, lose the pressure of having to win (by acknowledging a possible loss) and focus on my own play for the duration of the game. We might lose the game but there's no reason why I can't spend the rest of the game improving my own level of skill. I don't want to put those last 10 minutes to waste.
: Hi Ummm so heres a question! When will Elderwood Leblanc come out?? Specific date? Thanks. I really need to know cause this bronze trash needs that skin. Also add more Emoticons like these But Ahri ones. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
> [{quoted}](name=Lilieae,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=0057,timestamp=2016-03-02T01:59:13.339+0000) > > Hi > Ummm so heres a question! > When will Elderwood Leblanc come out?? Specific date? > Thanks. I really need to know cause this bronze trash needs that skin. > Also add more Emoticons like these > But Ahri ones. > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} I dunno when the skin's coming out! But I agree we need more emoticons.
: Are you able to just ban enimes or allys RIGHT after a game ends?
> [{quoted}](name=Dark snowElf,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=0056,timestamp=2016-03-02T01:57:16.031+0000) > > Are you able to just ban enimes or allys RIGHT after a game ends? Hmm, do you mean like, manually ban someone anytime I want? Technically, yes; we could manually ban anyone at anytime. But it's not something we do. If I'm in a game with someone I think is toxic, then my own bias may begin to show which can skewer my perception. If I meet a player that is disrupting the game or that I think should be banned I will report them at the end of the game. I have a lot of faith in the system to take action on that player within the next hour or so after a report. If I witness something incredibly toxic or dangerous to the game then I'll reach out to co-workers to take a look so they can make their own un-biased judgement call based off the information they see.
: Can you tell me how my report weight (in game) is doing? A lot of the time I will report people for even minor offenses ("you broke the rules, you get a report, no exceptions") or for offenses in champion select and/or post game chat. And since a majority of people probably do NOT do that, and the system is a machine-learning thing, sometimes I fear that makes my reports worthless.
> [{quoted}](name=That Evelynn,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=0054,timestamp=2016-03-02T01:56:22.362+0000) > > Can you tell me how my report weight (in game) is doing? > > A lot of the time I will report people for even minor offenses ("you broke the rules, you get a report, no exceptions") or for offenses in champion select and/or post game chat. And since a majority of people probably do NOT do that, and the system is a machine-learning thing, sometimes I fear that makes my reports worthless. I wouldn't worry too much about your reports being de-valued. One suggestion I would have after taking a look at the ones you've made though is to leave a brief example of the post game chat you're seeing in the comment. It will make the report a bit more clarifying at a glance then "post game chat".
: I have a question about when people report you... I mean like how does it work. I know you have to click up to 3 things that the player was displaying as well, "bad". But what happens if you don't give a description? Does giving a description to what happened in the game give the player a better chance of reporting someone? Or does it not. I really want to know because every game I play, whether it's ranked or not, there is at least one toxic person there that judges you on your every mistake. "OMG WTF MAN. WELL GG IM DUN" > Usually what they say and they just go mia/afk in fountain. To be honest, I'm not one to sit there and take all that crap. ಠ益ಠ ಠ益ಠ ಠ益ಠ ಠ益ಠ ಠ益ಠ ಠ益ಠ ಠ益ಠ ಠ益ಠ ಠ益ಠ
> [{quoted}](name=UnboundPRO,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=0052,timestamp=2016-03-02T01:20:35.659+0000) > > I have a question about when people report you... I mean like how does it work. I know you have to click up to 3 things that the player was displaying as well, "bad". But what happens if you don't give a description? Does giving a description to what happened in the game give the player a better chance of reporting someone? Or does it not. I really want to know because every game I play, whether it's ranked or not, there is at least one toxic person there that judges you on your every mistake. "OMG WTF MAN. WELL GG IM DUN" > Usually what they say and they just go mia/afk in fountain. To be honest, I'm not one to sit there and take all that crap. > > ಠ益ಠ > ಠ益ಠ ಠ益ಠ > ಠ益ಠ ಠ益ಠ ಠ益ಠ > ಠ益ಠ ಠ益ಠ > ಠ益ಠ A description when leaving a comment is completely optional. In my mind though, you should always leave a comment. If we end up reviewing a player by hand it's very helpful to get a sense of what went on in the game based off a description. We don't necessarily take it word for word (a comment could be completely bogus) but it does give us a sort of "witness report" for any investigations we might do.
: Do you know the release date of the new Chest and Keys system (Forgot the name :3)?
> [{quoted}](name=TheCleaner004,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=0050,timestamp=2016-03-02T01:03:39.602+0000) > > Do you know the release date of the new Chest and Keys system (Forgot the name :3)? I'm not sure, it's looking pretty cool though!
Kürama (NA)
: 1. Would you ever ban me for being positive? 2. Would you never ban me for being negative? 3. Did you like Dominion? 4. Do you love me? 5. Would you like some of my cookies? 6. Who is your candidate of choice in the upcoming elections?
> [{quoted}](name=Rineyy,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=004c,timestamp=2016-03-02T00:48:28.228+0000) > > 1. Would you ever ban me for being positive? Probably not? > 2. Would you never ban me for being negative? Seems like something that could happen > 3. Did you like Dominion? RIP. Will be missed for being so fast and so fun. > 4. Do you love me? I need an adult. > 5. Would you like some of my cookies? I need an adult even **more now**. > 6. Who is your candidate of choice in the upcoming elections? Gaius Baltar.
: how does it feel knowing that every Disney game you've worked on is dead?
> [{quoted}](name=RefurbishedIce,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=0049,timestamp=2016-03-02T00:43:40.198+0000) > > how does it feel knowing that every Disney game you've worked on is dead? Pixie Hollow Online may be no more, but it still lives on in my heart. Fly with you Pixie Pal!
: What are the best fresh spookiest dank memes you have seen lately?
> [{quoted}](name=SirPuncakes,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=0046,timestamp=2016-03-02T00:14:04.644+0000) > > What are the best fresh spookiest dank memes you have seen lately? IMO Kazoo Kid is my current favorite. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-sgw9bPV4A
: who thought it was a good idea to give zed 2 ults{{item:3147}} ? how could a item that gave you essentially a zed ult be balanced? Zeds ban rate will skyrocket any thoughts to how something like this got out of pbe? {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
> [{quoted}](name=thomasblod,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=0044,timestamp=2016-03-01T23:50:51.409+0000) > > who thought it was a good idea to give zed 2 ults{{item:3147}} ? how could a item that gave you essentially a zed ult be balanced? Zeds ban rate will skyrocket any thoughts to how something like this got out of pbe? > {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} I dunno! If it makes you feel any better I don't like Zed either!
Niddles (NA)
: Hey Rory. This is more of a personal question (and probably even a bug) but at the end of season 5 I placed g3 and I never once got demoted even in the postseason. I had the gold 3 border to show for it. Now in season 6 I'm playing with a g4 border and it wasn't particularly bothersome, but I would at least love to have the correct border for all of my efforts. Is there a way to fix this?
> [{quoted}](name=Braumance,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=0040,timestamp=2016-03-01T23:26:47.782+0000) > > Hey Rory. This is more of a personal question (and probably even a bug) but at the end of season 5 I placed g3 and I never once got demoted even in the postseason. I had the gold 3 border to show for it. Now in season 6 I'm playing with a g4 border and it wasn't particularly bothersome, but I would at least love to have the correct border for all of my efforts. Is there a way to fix this? Hmmm, that sounds kind of odd. That's something that may be able to be changed through a support ticket though. They'll double check the back end to see if something went wrong, if they can determine which border you were suppose to get they will update it!
: I was wondering what positive players (other than the honors system) could look forward to in terms of cool stuff, because ribbons are cool and all (And rare), but it's kinda got no incentive right now.
> [{quoted}](name=Fear the Zero,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=003e,timestamp=2016-03-01T23:12:31.116+0000) > > I was wondering what positive players (other than the honors system) could look forward to in terms of cool stuff, because ribbons are cool and all (And rare), but it's kinda got no incentive right now. Well, I mean.... ideally you don't **NEED** an incentive to be nice. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} But, in the past year there were some events like an icon and a mystery skin for positive players. Lyte is really interested in pursuing various options when it comes to promoting positive behavior, I don't think they have details yet to share though.
: i want to know how you allocate people that feed games and are clearly poor players in lvl 30 games and how the people that are skilled players get reported and bannedbeacause of people that aernt the same skill from the people that play at that lvl
> [{quoted}](name=hahafuntime,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=003d,timestamp=2016-03-01T23:10:38.323+0000) > > i want to know how you allocate people that feed games and are clearly poor players in lvl 30 games and how the people that are skilled players get reported and bannedbeacause of people that aernt the same skill from the people that play at that lvl There are a lot of specifics that we just can't share when it comes to detecting feeders in game. If we did, we run the risk of some players trying to "reverse engineer" the system and find ways around it. But if I had to explain it in more general terms: Imagine every game of League of Legends that has ever been played. Millions of matches completed since we launched. We have data on all of those games. This data contains all sorts of cool things but the part that is relevant to your question is we have a lot of data about playstyles. So over millions of games we can identify people who were feeding intentionally vs. people who were just playing poorly. The PB Devs run analysis on that data to look for the consistent patterns that bind trolls together. This helps fuel our detection of intentional feeding.
: Dear WookieeCookie, Please hear me out. Do you have any advice for someone who has played the game for over 4 years.. doesn't rage but loves to talk and say bad words to people online., its what i live for. Im probably by my 12th account, it doesn't seem to stop any time soon. i would like to play the game i love the way i want it, (but riot doesn't like that) i was just wondering is there anything in the works for people like me? maybe an option to completely mute myself. ( not others, MYSELF). even tho i love to talk i want to play the game at lv 30. FYI i never troll, afk, and always try my hardest. and if it wasnt for chat i would still have my main. any response would do . thank you for your time. Sincerely Venonat,
> [{quoted}](name=Lv100 Venonat,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=JLiGXn2u,comment-id=003c,timestamp=2016-03-01T23:09:13.963+0000) > > Dear WookieeCookie, > Please hear me out. Do you have any advice for someone who has played the game for over 4 years.. doesn't rage but loves to talk and say bad words to people online., its what i live for. Im probably by my 12th account, it doesn't seem to stop any time soon. i would like to play the game i love the way i want it, (but riot doesn't like that) i was just wondering is there anything in the works for people like me? maybe an option to completely mute myself. ( not others, MYSELF). even tho i love to talk i want to play the game at lv 30. FYI i never troll, afk, and always try my hardest. and if it wasnt for chat i would still have my main. any response would do . thank you for your time. > Sincerely Venonat, I'm a big fan of self-muting, especially if you have enough awareness of your own limitations. Unfortunately last I checked the "enter" key is one of those hard coded entries in League of Legends. It was explained to me that the key can not be unbinded. Spaghetti Code, RIP. BUT! I don't think that has to be game over for you. What drives you to type? When I want to say something snarky or unproductive I just say it out loud. I get the satisfaction of voicing my concerns without the problem of hurting the morale of my team mates. It takes adjusting, but anyone can do it! If you're really desperate though I've heard of a few people physically removing the Enter key from their keyboard.
Show more

WookieeCookie

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion