: > [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lFJz0Ekn,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-14T20:06:52.415+0000) > > Because his ult is the only thing that makes him good. > > If he had any other ult, he'd be a worthless champion. > > The problem with Ekko is that his W and E were buffed to absurd levels because he wasn't popular enough for Riot. > > ___________ > > Aatrox proved to be strong without the revive, still. He ended up less braindead, and significantly harder to use in pro play, but continued to be one of the most picked champions. > > You would have had a better argument with Anivia or Zac, btw. Anivia and zac have revives that you can stop and they don't drop turret aggro so there really isn't an argument there.
They're passives for those champions. Ekko's is his ultimate. It used to take a significant amount of his power budget, but Riot doesn't care about balance anymore so he's absurd now.
pwc2016 (NA)
: Why does Ekko get a free "revive" but Aatrox can't?
Because his ult is the only thing that makes him good. If he had any other ult, he'd be a worthless champion. The problem with Ekko is that his W and E were buffed to absurd levels because he wasn't popular enough for Riot. ___________ Aatrox proved to be strong without the revive, still. He ended up less braindead, and significantly harder to use in pro play, but continued to be one of the most picked champions. You would have had a better argument with Anivia or Zac, btw.
Keiaga (NA)
: I feel like conquerer is a lot weaker against actual tanks now that it doesn't have true damage
The true damage was weak as fuck anyway. It wasn't what was making tanks weak. Pre-mitigation healing was the main reason it was better vs tanks.
Yenn (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XEcj58am,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-14T04:43:56.538+0000) > > You make it sound like a 2 second 60% slow is too weak. That 1 second delay is too long. That the draw-in on her ult needs to be buffed. > > You aren't making it sound like she needs a bug fix. You're literally asking for straight buffs. I'm not sure if you're just completely missing the point or being willfully ignorant. When her ultimate works, the champions hit are pulled directly on top of her, no matter where they are. https://i.imgur.com/e65zGiv.gif[] **Her ult has this exact same bug that happens to Ashe.** As do all knock ups that move the champion in a direction. Instead of pulling the champions hit into her, the champion doesn't move or barely moves. This happens extremely often to Diana, while it's more rare with Qiyana.
> [{quoted}](name=Yenn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XEcj58am,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-14T04:45:39.743+0000) > > I'm not sure if you're just completely missing the point or being willfully ignorant. When her ultimate works, the champions hit are pulled directly on top of her, no matter where they are. I am not missing the point. Nowhere in your OP did you mention that an unintended thing is occurring. You phrase it in a way that implies the ability is just too weak. Edit your OP or make a new thread. Add some clarity so you're actually conveying what you're trying to say, rather than just sounding like you're whining that Diana is too weak. It happens with all radial displacements, btw.
: Suggested changes for Bone Plating to make it better for tanks
I would suggest having the reduced AD and AP go down over time. At level 6/11/16 (or linearly each level) the reduction should decrease, as often the people who aren't 'intended' to take it are people trying to get a free pass through early game, and later in the game its effectiveness drastically falls off on anyone that isn't a tank. Trade-offs are one thing; in the case I suggested, you'd trade early-mid game damage for survivability. Straight up penalizing you for taking a rune is another, and should not be a thing.
Yenn (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XEcj58am,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-14T04:22:05.079+0000) > > And what nerfs should she get in exchange? > > She's performing fine, especially considering the drastically altered power curve people are still adjusting to. That's not how bug fixes work. Her ult not drawing targets in is not intended. It's supposed to pull everyone hit on top of Diana. It often doesn't do this. If for some reason this can't be fixed (i.e. Qiyana has a similar issue with her ult, and it still hasn't been fixed), the fall time should be compensated to work around it.
You make it sound like a 2 second 60% slow is too weak. That 1 second delay is too long. That the draw-in on her ult needs to be buffed. You aren't making it sound like she needs a bug fix. You're literally asking for straight buffs.
: Discussion on the Sylas changes
I don't think giving sylas the highest base health in the game by a significant amount is going to be a good thing. Lol. And he has some of the highest base damage and ap ratios in the game now. This is going to do nothing but get him gutted...again. lol I'm happy. Seeing Sylas get nerfs always makes my day, and he's going to be getting a lot of them after this.
: Vlad
Vlad's kit is fine. If anything its numbers that need adjusting. Considering they removed his insane late game with a 20% nerf to his E, he doesnt have the agency early-mid to be a really good champ. He's just okay. Rather than buff him back toward a 100% AP ratio on his E, he should get an early game buff or a buff to his W if he gets anything at all. Like I said, he's okay. A relatively small change could make him one of the best champs in the game again, so be careful what you wish for.
Yenn (NA)
: Speed up Diana's ult or fix the draw in mechanic on it
And what nerfs should she get in exchange? She's performing fine, especially considering the drastically altered power curve people are still adjusting to.
: Mords kit (originally from a friend. Not my post)
Also, in whatvuniverse is 10% stats weak? Thats 40+ AD, 70+ AP, 350+ HP, etc depending on who you ult. Then you have resistances. With void you remove nearly 65% of their MR.
: Mords kit (originally from a friend. Not my post)
He's the best champ in the game right now. Nobody can argue any part of him is weak. Especially late game where you auto-win smite fights because morde can just R the jungler.
Yenn (NA)
: Diana's laning phase needs major buffs after these changes
Every high mmr diana rushed spellbinder. That is now changing to RoA so far. Its been 3 days and her power curve drastically changed. I doubt you know best, as you seem to claim, because nobody does. Nobody has enough experience with different builds yet. The only reason someone would build lichbane is to try to desperately cling to her braindead gameplay they were trying to get rid of.
: You keep thinking that then. Being loud about something doesn't make it true.
Oh, so you're saying the best way to play IS to mindlessly all-in every time you're in range? I never knew feeding was the best course of action. Thanks! That should up my gameplay! Honestly, you don't even have an arguement. You're just saying I'm wrong because you don't agree.
: U.GG adds up to 100%. And stat sites don't split game statistics into team statistics unless talking about blind pick. Ban rates add up to 100% as well.
I added it up myself. It totals 190% on u.gg and every other site that isn't champion.gg, which isn't accurate anymore.
: No. Diamond is 2% of the community, and reflects better equipment, quieter play environments, and often consistent one tricking. Games don't balance for health around 2%. They balance at least around the minor majority competent players (at least Gold). 2) Making excuses for trying to claim a low win rate is still broken. Can you be more biased? 3) Because Korea only has a player base of 300,000. It literally means they are over-representing due to hardcore gaming player base. North America has 21 games. Let that sink in. Our player base is over 5 million. 4) Actually 4 regions are positive with her out of 9. And they all have small sample sizes. Like 21 to 79 games, and Most of them are VERY LARGE COUNTRIES (Brazil/NA/Russia all have good win rates but tiny game volume). 5) White nationalists? WTF? You really will grab at anything lmfao. 31% of the US is black, 17% Latino, and the actual white population is shrinking into a minority. We have no more or less hate than any other region. We have it, but did that stop Grand Theft Auto and other gang-based games from being top sellers? No.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=22vaGYZE,comment-id=000100020000,timestamp=2019-12-13T12:03:08.235+0000) > > No. Diamond is 2% of the community, and reflects better equipment, quieter play environments, and often consistent one tricking. Games don't balance for health around 2%. They balance at least around the minor majority competent players (at least Gold). Its a strategy game at its core. You balance around players that play the game right, not the ones that play it wrong. > 2) Making excuses for trying to claim a low win rate is still broken. Can you be more biased? 49% isnt really a low winrate though? > 3) Because Korea only has a player base of 300,000. It literally means they are over-representing due to hardcore gaming player base. North America has 21 games. Let that sink in. Our player base is over 5 million. Riot doesn't balance based on region outside of very extreme cases. > 4) Actually 4 regions are positive with her out of 9. And they all have small sample sizes. Like 21 to 79 games, and Most of them are VERY LARGE COUNTRIES (Brazil/NA/Russia all have good win rates but tiny game volume). Brazil was one of her largest game volumes though? > 5) White nationalists? WTF? You really will grab at anything lmfao. 31% of the US is black, 17% Latino, and the actual white population is shrinking into a minority. We have no more or less hate than any other region. We have it, but did that stop Grand Theft Auto and other gang-based games from being top sellers? No. I was being facetious. Do you honestly believe that? Jesus you are dense.
: Better evaluation of "grades" given after ARAM matches
If the champion you got performs well in ARAM, generally, good luck getting an S if you win. If the champion you got does not normally perform well in ARAM, good luck not getting an S if you win. ___________________ Grades are dependent on the averages for the champion in question when played in the queue in question.
: The smallest ADC buff will make them perfectly balanced.
: > [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=El4FbbwM,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-13T07:26:22.006+0000) > > 49.18% Win Rate before on top 50 mains vs 50.11% Win Rate now on top 50 mains. > > Also, suggesting casuals/new players are what's inflating her WRs makes no sense...Unless you're suggesting that Yuumi is so braindead that experience with her doesn't matter, and I don't think that's what you're suggesting. Her pick rate hasnt changed in higher elos and her pick rate is a whoping 7% in bronze. it is absolutely low tier players influencing her win rate which the point should have been obvious with the fact that the Devs have to tell people to run Aery(something completely obvious to even a gold player). These changes are garbage, not entirely sure hy you are defending them when you probably don't even play her.
How is it low tiers influencing her winrate when any meaningful data excludes low tiers...? Unless you just mean players unfamiliar with her. I wouldn't describe them as "low tier" though, as there are high tier players among the people trying her out post-patch. #I'm not defending the changes. They're hopeless. I was just saying that statistically, she's doing a little better, even if she feels worse to play. Is it worth it? Maybe, maybe not. She needs a complete gameplay update already. What she has isn't salvageable if she's supposed to be balanced. A more extreme version of Taric's kits' interactions could keep her relatively similar while giving her more agency and having more interaction, for example. If her kit requires her ally to put themselves more at risk than they normally would to get the most out of it, it would make up for yuumi herself being immune to basically everything, as another example. If her kit required her to put herself at risk (mini-malph ult, for example where she leaves her ally and dashes to a targeted location and knocks up) to get the most out of it, that would be another, especially if she maintains her stat buffs while she's on an ally. There would be trade-offs in such a case for each action/lack of action, and she'd actually be vulnerable for periods.
: I called it since the start that Aphelios will be busted and everyone didn't believe me
Its been a few days and people aren't even familiar with him yet. Wait until there's some data before you judge. I hate his design as much as you, but FFS chill. 3 days isn't enough to say "I told you so" when he's sitting around 45% winrate.
: Rushing ROA gives you no early damage, where Diana can shine and snowball. It's personal preference on what you want to build.
Wow its almost like you aren't meant to try to all-in everybody the moment they're in range... Hmm.... Diana doesn't win lane. That hasn't changed.
: > [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=El4FbbwM,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-12-13T07:16:44.795+0000) > > No, its actually down in bronze. > > Don't know what that has to do with anything, though. > > The champ won't be allowed to be strong without a full rework, basically. They'll end up making her feel worse and worse to play so they can buff her numbers even more. The problem is that people who had a lot of exp with Yuumi aren't really winning more games but now she just plays worse for them. The people who casually play her/new to her are whats inflating WRs now. She's worse to play so scrubs have a less chance of costing you games if they pick her.
49.18% Win Rate before on top 50 mains vs 50.11% Win Rate now on top 50 mains. Also, suggesting casuals/new players are what's inflating her WRs makes no sense...Unless you're suggesting that Yuumi is so braindead that experience with her doesn't matter, and I don't think that's what you're suggesting.
: My biggest problem is with the Q and E(as well as W feeling awful now but thats secondary). Q effively does nothing but fluff damage with insane mana cost. To put it in perspective for you. Lulu's Q does 15 flat damage(Yes Lulu's normal Q does only 15 less base damage at max rank than Yuumi's empowered Q) BUT has higher scaling, can hit multiple Targets, slows for 80%, AND costs Less Mana. I am using Lulu as an example because every part of her kit does something and gives you decisions for different types of situations even the Q. Lets talk about the E now. Rank one Whimsey from Lulu id better than a Max E for a steroid because it gives you 30% MS and ATK Speed for the same duration. These changes just make her a worse Lulu.
Shield =/= heal, and on top of that, Lulu doesn't give you 20% bonus AP or 33% bonus AD or add forms of CC to champions that normally would never have them, and Taric and maybe Nami are the only comparisons there. Lulu is a generalist. Yuumi does one very specific thing, and Riot botched what she was designed around doing because anyone would. Its not feasibly balanceable.
: > [{quoted}](name=WoonStruck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=El4FbbwM,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-13T06:49:19.314+0000) > > They didn't hurt her. Her playrate and winrate went up significantly. > > She might feel worse to play, but she's better. > > Statistics don't lie. Her pick rate is literally trending down like her win rate but i guess her pick rate is up in bronze though lol.... https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/platinum/plus/champion/Yuumi/Support/
No, its actually down in bronze. Don't know what that has to do with anything, though. The champ won't be allowed to be strong without a full rework, basically. They'll end up making her feel worse and worse to play so they can buff her numbers even more.
: Give up CS to stay healthy. Your damage early on is literal dog shit, you do nearly nothing so there is no point in fighting. What I do is play really passively, using w to farm as much as I can for the shield, sometimes using Q to poke for potential ganks or to avoid them tower diving you. On the first recall get sheen and you will do a lot of damage with more mana for extended fights and poke.
Uhh, no you rush RoA now. Sheen doesn't help that much for the 1050g it costs. Catalyst will actually let you survive lane.
: Yuumi is just awful now
They didn't hurt her. Her playrate and winrate went up significantly. She might feel worse to play, but she's better. Statistics don't lie.
: Riot has not released a new tank in 28 months
If Riot released another tank it would be ornn all over, but worse.
Yenn (NA)
: Diana's laning phase needs major buffs after these changes
A melee champ getting dumpstered mid by a ranged champ early...hmm...since when is this new? Also, Mordekaiser is massively overpowered atm. Nobody should be put 'on par' with him. Sylas was gutted so he could keep his sustain. Do you want Diana to get more sustain and be nerfed further overall? #Welcome to being melee and not being completely broken. If anything they need to readjust her passive so she can actually farm under tower.
Yenn (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Bârd,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=B6BNGQ1Q,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-13T06:04:56.808+0000) > > First off, *the fuck are you talking about* with her attack speed? She has a pull and a 2 second, 40-60% slow, in addition to dash. She has no issues staying on top of her targets. Hell even if she *couldn't* do that it's god tier for pushing, since being an AP champion with high attack speed means towers just melt. > > Second, she does have survivability. 180 (+.6 AP) (+.2 HP) worth of shield, plus a disable, plus the fact that if anybody survives long enough to fight back you're doing something wrong. > > Third... so a champion with a long range dash, the ability to clear the jungle quickly, and tons of early burst damage is a bad jungler... ok sure buddy. > > [And then there's the idea that Diana does less damage for "80% of the game".](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLikP6BDH5w) > > Level 4 > > Old > > * 35 (+.8 AP) Passive > * 95 (+.7 AP) Q > * 66 (+0.6 AP) W > > 196 (+2.1 AP) damage. > Assuming 33 AP from stat shards and Dorans Ring (since apparently she's a garbage jungler, lul), that's 265 damage, with no gap closer to enable use of P or W. > If you put a second point in W instead of one in E, you can bump this up to 296 damage, but you still don't have a way to use it. > > New > > * 35 (+0.4 AP) Passive > * 95 (+.7 AP) Q > * 66 (+.45 AP) W > * 80 (+.8 AP) x2 E > > 276 (+2.35 AP) damage. > Assuming 33 AP from stat shards and Dorans Ring, that's 364 damage, and you have the means to use it. > > Level 6 > > Old > > * 55 (+.8 AP) Passive > * 130 (+.7 AP) Q > * 66 (+.6 AP) W > * 200 (+1.2 AP) x2 R > > 351 (+3.3 AP) damage. > Assuming 50 AP, that's 516 damage. Cool. > > New > > * 55 (+.4 AP) Passive > * 130 (+.7 AP) Q > * 66 (+.45 AP) W > * 80 (+.8 AP) x2 E > * minimum 200 (+.6 AP) R > > 531 (+2.95 AP) damage. > Assuming 50 AP, that's 679 damage. > > Level 11 > > Old > > * 120 (+.8 AP) Passive > * 200 (+.7 AP) Q > * 138 (+.6 AP) W > * 320 (+1.2 AP) x2 R > > 778 (+3.3 AP) damage. > Assuming 150 AP, that's 1273 damage. > > New > > * 120 (+.4 AP) Passive > * 200 (+.7 AP) Q > * 138 (+.45 AP) W > * 80 (+.8 AP) x2 E > * minimum 300 (+.6 AP) R > > 838 (2.95 AP) damage. > Assuming 150 AP, that's 1280 damage. > > That's basically the entire early game covered, and Diana just does more damage in the entire thing. > > Later than this, sure. A 1-man ult is going to leave you doing less damage than old Diana, but it is *really* easy to land 2-3 man ults, and if you can perform that basic task you blow old Diana out of the water even in later fights. Nice, let's compare the full damage (which is not enough to score a kill) without considering the fact that the new kit involves a 100 second cooldown. Good post.
You're literally like the Aatrox "mains" that were upset that they couldn't abuse his over-buffed state anymore when he got reworked. If you have half a brain you'll realize this direction, regardless of whether she's weaker atm (she's not), is healthier for her. She was basically point-click-delete before.
Bârd (NA)
: First off, *the fuck are you talking about* with her attack speed? She has a pull and a 2 second, 40-60% slow, in addition to dash. She has no issues staying on top of her targets. Hell even if she *couldn't* do that it's god tier for pushing, since being an AP champion with high attack speed means towers just melt. Second, she does have survivability. 180 (+.6 AP) (+.2 HP) worth of shield, plus a disable, plus the fact that if anybody survives long enough to fight back you're doing something wrong. Third... so a champion with a long range dash, the ability to clear the jungle quickly, and tons of early burst damage is a bad jungler... ok sure buddy. [And then there's the idea that Diana does less damage for "80% of the game".](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLikP6BDH5w) Level 4 Old * 35 (+.8 AP) Passive * 95 (+.7 AP) Q * 66 (+0.6 AP) W 196 (+2.1 AP) damage. Assuming 33 AP from stat shards and Dorans Ring (since apparently she's a garbage jungler, lul), that's 265 damage, with no gap closer to enable use of P or W. If you put a second point in W instead of one in E, you can bump this up to 296 damage, but you still don't have a way to use it. New * 35 (+0.4 AP) Passive * 95 (+.7 AP) Q * 66 (+.45 AP) W * 80 (+.8 AP) x2 E 276 (+2.35 AP) damage. Assuming 33 AP from stat shards and Dorans Ring, that's 364 damage, and you have the means to use it. Level 6 Old * 55 (+.8 AP) Passive * 130 (+.7 AP) Q * 66 (+.6 AP) W * 200 (+1.2 AP) x2 R 351 (+3.3 AP) damage. Assuming 50 AP, that's 516 damage. Cool. New * 55 (+.4 AP) Passive * 130 (+.7 AP) Q * 66 (+.45 AP) W * 80 (+.8 AP) x2 E * minimum 200 (+.6 AP) R 531 (+2.95 AP) damage. Assuming 50 AP, that's 679 damage. Level 11 Old * 120 (+.8 AP) Passive * 200 (+.7 AP) Q * 138 (+.6 AP) W * 320 (+1.2 AP) x2 R 778 (+3.3 AP) damage. Assuming 150 AP, that's 1273 damage. New * 120 (+.4 AP) Passive * 200 (+.7 AP) Q * 138 (+.45 AP) W * 80 (+.8 AP) x2 E * minimum 300 (+.6 AP) R 838 (2.95 AP) damage. Assuming 150 AP, that's 1280 damage. That's basically the entire early game covered, and Diana just does more damage in the entire thing. Later than this, sure. A 1-man ult is going to leave you doing less damage than old Diana, but it is *really* easy to land 2-3 man ults, and if you can perform that basic task you blow old Diana out of the water even in later fights.
I don't think people understand that the intent of the change is to push her in a more healthy direction where she doesn't 1 shot you with her "now basically targeted but with all the advantages of being a skillshot" Q if it lands. Old Diana was a ball of stats with no interaction outside of using some sort of escape to dodge Q, if you happen to have one. Due to Spellbinder, even if you used it, she could still usually 1 shot you with a single R if she missed Q, or even just keep chasing until Q was off CD and 1 shot you anyway. There was no real gameplay. Land Q? Free kill. Cool. _______________ Even if Diana turns out to be underpowered atm (She's not. People just need to adjust their builds to accommodate her new strengths.), the buffs she'll get will probably be in line with allowing her to function as a tankier AP bruiser that doesn't basically point-and-click one shot you. Considering she has over 3x the pickrate she used to, the 50%+ winrate that she's maintaining is quite good. And people aren't even using Conqueror on her; they're still trying to cling to their braindead gameplay using electrocute and building full damage in hopes of 1 shotting people instantly. Smart people have started building RoA, Zhonya's, and Nashors as her core. Diana isn't overpowered now. That's what people are upset about. Its like pre-rework Aatrox all over again. Was massively overbuffed prior to being reworked, then people were upset when they couldn't abuse it anymore.
Bârd (NA)
: Diana is supposed to be a diver, but has had such a confused identity for so long that people think she's an assassin.
Yeah, she was immediately a huge problem on release, so they gutted her, then after a while shoved numbers up her ass until she worked mid as a melee mage when she should have been balanced to top as an actual bruiser.
: Nope. She has 2 roles, and there are a lot of champions with a 20% "Popularity" (League of Graphs fudges numbers, btw) https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/builds In fact, 5 of the top 15 pick rate champions are ADCS who compete with Senna for a role. (just in the top 15 pick rate champs, adcs account for 116% of "Pick rate" which isn't even possible). (Jhin is 15.8% with 52%) (In Masters, Lucian and Caitlyn both destroy Senna in both pick rate and win rate) And that's using your own site. This is where Senna is as Adc when you separate her roles, considering your own site: https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/builds/adc/iron
Uhh, you do get that pick rates should add up to around 200% because there are two picks when considering both teams, right? This is the case for ALL sites. They should all be right around 190% total if you add everyone up in their respective roles. _______________________________________________ Why are you trying to tote around statistics as your argument if you don't even know how they work?
: https://u.gg/lol/champions/senna/build?role=adc&rank=overall Why don't you try querying "All Ranks" instead of a sample size of 1300 matches in Diamond. She's down to 48% in Support. Never mind 1/4 of ALL those games are Korea alone. 21 Matches total in NA EUW in Diamond is less than 50% ADC Brazil is the region weighting the win rate.
> Why don't you try querying "All Ranks" instead of a sample size of 1300 matches in Diamond. Because "All Ranks" doesn't reflect anything of value. The consistency of the playerbase diamond+ reflects far outweighs the bodies you get through "all ranks" "stabilizing" things. > She's down to 48% in Support. 49%. Not bad at all with her play rate, realistically. The goal is for her to be balanced, not necessarily 50%+ win rate. Balance is not "this champion should be broken so it can have over 50% win rate. " > Never mind 1/4 of ALL those games are Korea alone. That matters...how? > 21 Matches total in NA Matters...how? > EUW in Diamond is less than 50% ADC Matters...how? Every region except EUW is performing quite well with her. > Brazil is the region weighting the win rate. And Korea, and EUW. Does it matter if she's not popular in NA? Its probably got more to do with white nationalists than anything related to balance.
: Do you guys think Armor and Magic Resist need a change or rework?
Remove Void Staff and Last whisper+upgrades. Adjust armor/MR accordingly. Removing 30%+ of someone's gold value is never going to be balanced. _________________ There is no universe where both deathcap and void staff can be bought mutually and not be overbearing, even with significant MR. Same with IE + LW upgrades. ____________ On top of that, the fact that % pen champion passives stack with LW/VS is utterly ridiculous.
: Last time Nid was meta people were dying at the raptors around 50% of games...
> [{quoted}](name=Zeppelins circus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Pg7AnbYL,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-13T04:39:24.808+0000) > > Last time Nid was meta people were dying at the raptors around 50% of games... I dont understand how. You aoe amd pull with talisman and end up full hp on any champ. THEN you do the camp.
: Is it their balance team or their champion design team? Balancing CertainlyT champs sounds like a nightmare. Maybe a mix of both.
> [{quoted}](name=Worst Skarner NA,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PaHThqBN,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-12-13T03:57:01.026+0000) > > Is it their balance team or their champion design team? Balancing CertainlyT champs sounds like a nightmare. They balance basic champs horribly too.
: from all my heart. riots balance team is extremly extremly bad at their job.
Its the "bro culture" at Riot Games. You can't fire a bro, bro.
: Eq is strong, but that isn't an issue. The issue is his power to control the wave with ease and safety. His Q doesn't hit other minions unless they're marked with his E. This used to be balanced by the fact that his E only spread if it killed an enemy unit, or if it was used on an enemy already marked by his E. Now, it spreads to nearby enemy units on cast, which lets him do as he will with the wave. Putting the 2 second delay on this waveclear at least gives the enemy time to farm, or to back up. It consumes more mana, stalls his waveclear, disrupts his map pressure, etc. Its a small change, but a massive nerf that won't impact his damage (which is alright: high skillcap shouldn't be punished)
You can keep pretending Ryze is high skillcap with those numbers. He's not. The thing that holds most people playing Ryze back is his macro and in-fight positioning. His ult is almost never used well in lower MMRs as well. People act like they can stat check everything to death with him, and if people played more conservatively with him, his winrate would spike up. His waveclear is absurd, yes, but a large part of that is the numbers on top of the flux debuff change.
: Vayne and Kai'sa last a second. They cannot reach you from stealth unless they were *barely* outside of range. Akali has a defined, visible area where she is invisible. Not positioning like shit is **exactly** how you handle their invisibility.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=No1EHhQ1,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-13T00:01:04.830+0000) > > Vayne and Kai'sa last a second. They cannot reach you from stealth unless they were *barely* outside of range. Sneaking up on you is not what true stealth is powerful for. True stealth acts as a pseudo untargetability, with the benefit of being unseen at the cost of being hit by AoE. > Akali has a defined, visible area where she is invisible. Yeah, its only the entire lane. No big deal. Let me just leave every fight because akali is there. That'll win us the engage no problem.. > Not positioning like shit is **exactly** how you handle their invisibility. No its not, because thats assuming you're ahead and have no conceivable reason to be in range of them unless you're killing them. That's not the way this game works. Are you saying as a melee you just stay out of range of them? You HAVE to compromise your position to get anything done in fights.
iiGazeii (NA)
: Understand that the ability to go invisible soaks up a lot of power budget from a champion's kit. In virtually all cases, they are going to be significantly squishier or do less damage than a non-invisible counterpart.
Vayne, Kai'sa, Kha, and Akali are not significantly squishier than others of their class, and do not do less damage than their non-invisible counterpart.
Keiaga (NA)
: Stealth is countered by good positioning.
Yes, let me counter that vayne, kaisa, akali, etc with better positioning. Stealth is not countered with better positioning any more than %hp true damage, healing, or any other mechanic.
Süjo (NA)
: the bonus damage are " increased for each champion pulled beyond the first." please man don't come here to talk about what you don't know ...
You realize that barely changes the total and that the number are still absurd, right?
: I personally believe ryze's issue stands in his ease of waveclear
Look at his EQ damage. With a 2.25 second CD worst case. There's why ryze is an issue. Whether or not he has waveclear, the combination of dps and burst throughout the game makes me question if Riot hires from hope network or something.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=xALESIAx,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VvHJfldM,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-12T22:11:39.731+0000) > > Yeah. Only the top Akali OTPs make the champion look broken. If a regular player started playing Akali or a first time Akali, they will not be able to do anything because the champ is so difficult to play. It's just sad to see my main getting nerfed over and over again. There other champs like Talon, ekko who needs nerf but what is the solution nerf Akali. People like Hashinshin complaining about Akali. One pro player becomes fed with Akali then riot nerfs her. It's just sad. The rework was a complete failure. The intention of the rework was to make her healthier and to remove her outdated kit but ofc they had to overtune her. Its just sad tbh.
> [{quoted}](name=metroman450,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VvHJfldM,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-12-12T22:19:28.395+0000) > > It's just sad to see my main getting nerfed over and over again. There other champs like Talon, ekko who needs nerf but what is the solution nerf Akali. People like Hashinshin complaining about Akali. One pro player becomes fed with Akali then riot nerfs her. It's just sad. The rework was a complete failure. The intention of the rework was to make her healthier and to remove her outdated kit but ofc they had to overtune her. Its just sad tbh. She gets nerfed because she's op. And I'm sorry, but if you think Riot listens to Hashinshin, i have to laugh at you.
: Cloud Dragon is not an all inclusive Dragon and should be changed to fit the all champions better
Everyone absolutely hates all of those champions, barring shyvanna when shes actually built to be a bruiser. I see no problems.
loldudexd (EUW)
: Wandering around 48% win rate the last 10 patches (all ranks), and don't get me started on his win rate platinum+.
And...? Akali is one of the best champs in the game still with low wr
loldudexd (EUW)
: Can we get some Renekton buffs? He's in the worst state he has ever been at..
Oh no, renekton not being one of the best top laners in the game for once...the horror...
: Yes, but in almost all cases, reducing the duration of the slow is better than reducing the power of the slow. A slow of even as little as 15% still means the other champion will have a net velocity to catch/kite you. Reducing the duration is always better in 99% of cases.
Most of the powerful slows that are basically roots last .5-1 second, meaning that reducing the duration does very little overall, as the minimum CC duration is still .5 seconds. Slows are being powercrept like everything else in the game that enables low interaction kills. More and more of these soft-roots are appearing in the game, and alongside massive AoEs and stuns/displacements too now, apparently.
I3Iame (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Yenn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sIIEBNFk,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-12-12T10:22:50.694+0000) > > Her level 2-3 is still almost just as bad as it was before, unless you're playing against some weird off meta champion. If you Q + E pre-6, you'll just immediately eat CC and get hit their entire kit point blank as they back up to the turret. You no longer have any form of slow or CC to stop them from getting away and following up with auto/passive damage, and all of your damage is gimped, so you lose the trade. > > She still gets shit on by ranged champions poking her when she goes to CS, and her shield was straight nerfed, so she's even more vulnerable to being poked. I can agree about the level 2 combo not being that great, which is why I mostly only go in on them right when they use their spells on minions or if they miss it on me. I also have to mention that since I have less mana issues than before, and that I can actually pressure the map at earlier levels, that I end up taking ignite which does add some kill potential compared to before where I pretty much depended on the level 6 powers pike with teleport. So she definitely shifted from being a defensive champ pre 6 to being an agressive champ. Her early levels have to be played differently. > The team fighting aspect of her ult is also pretty pointless unless the enemy team is completely unaware and immobile, and you have a hard engage to follow up on (lmfao in solo queue), because you'll often just be disengaged or immediately killed before the damage drops. I do however 100% disagree on what you say about her ult. I consistently shit on people in a major way, especially in teamfights because I somehow always manage to catch multiple targets at the same time. How am I not supposed to catch multiple targets when I have a double dash??… You don't need a hard engage to follow up on. You are the hard engage that people follow up on. Or you can follow up it's up to you really. Idk, maybe you're really used to the older diana. Really, so far I'm doing super fine. And no it's not in bronze queue, it's in D4, and I'm currently running the promos for D3. There were some real benefits with older Diana. Especially on match ups like Katarina where being able to CC her would pretty much destroy her. But having an early double dash makes it so that targets can't escape if you do a stat check that's going to kill them. Same if you roam with your jungler. I also don't understand how you can say that ranged champs fuck her up, when the truth is that she does better vs ranged champs now than before, since she can actually jump on them, whereas before she would just get kited. Don't go telling me that you would go into them with an E with old Diana? Unless if as you say, you were playing against bronze mages… > Added bonus, you now get shit on by channeling/dashing champions, because you no longer have E to interrupt them. I still use my ult to cancel channels… I know it's at a 90 second cooldown, but I still do it… Yasuo tornadoes me, I R him and cancel the ult... Some of the stuff you say just seems pretty contradictory to me.
People hate effort. New diana doesnt point and click kill you instantly.
: New Yuumi is terrible in general. Enemy hates her because of her Heals and the player hates playing her now because she became way too 1 dimensional now.
They basically didn't change her kit, just numbers. She's always been 1 dimensional. Still is. They didn't fundamentally alter her kit so what did you really expect to change? _________ New Yuumi is obviously better in general, performance-wise since pick rate and win rate skyrocketed. She still needs a GU already though.
Show more

WoonStruck

Level 73 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion