Morrisen (NA)
: Grades sometimes not showing in Match History. [CLIENT]
I know this is an old thread, but this issue is still relevant.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: The exact issue is this. They don't fix tank items, they just give tanks damage.
Sad truth. Though I don't think fixing tank items is going to fix things ironically. That's because we already experienced Tank {{champion:245}} and {{champion:105}} Fizz. Since that's already been made evident, the buffs should be isolated to the champion itself rather than something generic, that any champion could get. I don't get why damage was buffed when tankiness seems to be more obvious buff.
: Can Armor actually mean something again?
I don't think people get it. Armor as a mechanic isn't a problem, it's the fact that there is so much armor penetration and shredding that it isn't viable. {{item:3071}} The Black Cleaver alone is an issue since it's a rush item for the wrong reasons.
Rioter Comments
: [Fanmade Champion Concept] Phallas, The Shrinewarden (Serious replies ONLY)
There are a myriad of flaws, so instead of berating these issues I will begin by highlighting the parts I like about Phallas. So first of all, I'm guessing Phallas is supposed to be a reference to Pallas, aka Athena. Having a strong Targonian connection is fitting for such a goddess. I like the idea of having an establishment that is connected to the history of the World Runes with an association to the divine. It gives a connection between the celestials and the World Runes which is a much needed justification for their crusade, which went as far as leading to the mess that made the Darkin. As for her kit, the one unique trait that stands out to me is her ability to ignore shields. That's is an incredible utility that alone is worth revolving everything around to take advantage of. {{champion:92}} Riven and {{champion:77}} Udyr were considered issues in the past due to how well their shields mitigated damage output. Even shielder supports were nerfed due to how oppressive it was. Circumventing shields altogether offers an existing tool to deal with these issues even if they were to ever become significant again. I would like to see the shrine explored in depth. A color story to express her emotional turmoil as well as the history of the World Runes that the shrines provide would be a compelling piece. This would make her situation more relatable and human while giving a chance to explore the awe that Mount Targon provides. As of now, it is difficult to understand the weight of her folly which is creating a disconnect with her lore and her kit. It's difficult to see her as a dark individual, in the same way as we see {{champion:25}} Morgana. One way to make Phallas's kit more personal to her character is to use her abilities in her lore to create a connection between legend and reality. If it isn't possible to clearly express a mechanic in a seamless way within storytelling, then it is most likely extraneous and should be removed as it runs the risk of leaving the champion overloaded. Currently, her kit has too much going on and can benefit greatly with simplification in design--aka removing unnecessary mechanics. One example of an unnecessary mechanic is the ability to ignore grievous wounds. This only serves to minimize methods to balance her and doesn't feel good playing against as a level of counterplay is stripped away without any compensation. *** These are troubling issues that even I had issue with when creating my custom champion. I fortunately had a strong theme and lore-to-kit basis which made adjustments quite easy while maintaining personality. I empathize with the desire to create an AP Bruiser that actually has powerful AP ratios rather than simply _significant_ ones. So, I hope that during an extensive lore based build, you are able to think of ways to achieve this in a grandiose, intuitive manner rather than an overloading of mechanics. As aforementioned, ignoring shields is a quite unique and useful point Phallas has so try to highlight the use of this mechanic. Even so, any mechanic that has personality is worth considering. Grounding this character in reality as much as this character is grounded to the shrine is my suggestion. Shedding light into how she ended up that way, as well as the evolution of her emotions, is the way to go. {{item:3174}} Athene's Unholy Grail is a good place to start. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: So basically once you hit 6 you get free gold? Those are ridiculously high ult numbers and what do you mean he attacks instantly? Is the damage applied before the animation? Also what's to stop him from just buying a tear going manamune and smurfing top with his 600 auto range and insane base stats hell be like kayle but only need like lvl 8.
Zara is designed with excessive level scaling in mind. Theoretically, he is able to rush mana and go buck wild with excessive base damage. However, there is one flaw: health. His base health follows {{champion:14}} Sion at 542.64 - 1783.6 health, but unlike Sion he has no ability to innately raise his health. While this doesn't change the fact that Zara can go for his mana build, it does mean that during the time he rushes mana, he will be squishy as balls. It wouldn't be a problem for Zara if it wasn't for the fact that his early game is already really abusable by any kind of poke. Not addressing this innate problem just makes it unmanageable when he reaches those high levels. Another point is that while his burst damage is high, his DPS is actually pretty depressing. Zara has only 0.25 attack speed so even if he has a ridiculously large autoattacking range, he can only autoattack the enemy a few times. It is definitely powerful during laning, but when multiple people come to take him out, say in a casual gank, he's a sitting duck during the fight. When it comes to teamfighting, he relies heavily on fighting alongside other allies for this very reason. It's not easy for him to flee due to his innate 35% slow and capped 400 movement speed to make sure he stays sluggish so positioning is of ridiculously great importance for him. In general, playing with him is essentially a do-or-die scenario most of the time which is precisely why his numbers are so massive. Escaping is not an option. *** As for the instant autoattacking, quite literally it just means that the attack occurs on the first frame of the attack animation. Think of how {{champion:8}} Vladimir's Transfusion works as an example or even {{summoner:11}} Smite. So yes, you can say that the damage applies before the animation.
: Look great,but there is one person who has a complaint about the name of his E: {{champion:83}}:Why did you steal the name of my E?
Oh shit man. I would have never noticed if you didn't point that out. I'll have to think of a new name, but I will say the reason I thought of the name initially is because Dark Procession on Zara is actually strongly related to {{champion:83}} Yorick lore wise. If you got any ideas for a replacement, let me know. For now, I'll rename it to Unbound Umbrage.
Pakushy (EUW)
: I made an Animation about Earth Dragon
Did {{champion:92}} Riven and {{champion:432}} Bard [transcend](https://youtu.be/fES-gmukobE?t=240)? {{sticker:sg-ahri-1}}
: Hmm I love the lore standpoint and the art is on point BUT this seems just slightly overpowered unless you remember the slow movement speed- then you can kite him out. Really cool, nice job!{{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
**True.** {{sticker:sona-playing}} Tbh, this is what Zara is like in his lore as well. {{sticker:sg-kiko}}
: [Champion Concept Rework] Zara, The Cryptic King
Going to drop this disclaimer since I don't want to be that guy who doesn't give credit where it's due. This art is official artwork made by Riot. You can find it on the League of Legends Universe from the Shadow Isles Region. It's called, [**Like Attracts Like**](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/region/shadow-isles/?mv=image-gallery-1) under Entities of The Shadow Isles. This art piece truly was the first inspiration I had to make Zara. A headless revenant with only one arm, a broken soul who stands firm. I figured an undead like this would be pretty unique in the game. With how The Ruined King met his end, this picture embodies what I imagine he'd look and feel like if he were to return. So I use it to preface any post regarding him.
: Super cool concept, I'm not sure if I completely understand the part about "Killing a minion with an autoattack will reset his autoattack animation". If his auto attacks hit instantly, what animation would there be to reset? Maybe adding something like {{champion:429}} passive where you can't cancel auto animation would make last hitting more critical and would allow for these two things to function together. This would also allow for more chance to punish him for getting caught in his .25 attack speed animation. Overall very cool concept, astonishing that people can still come up with concepts like these that Riot hasn't already covered. Every time I try to think of something I always end up copying another champ's ability in some way or another. Good job, great art too!
Thanks! I'm doing my best to make this guy as epic as possible. Can't make a dude like the Ruined King lightly. {{sticker:galio-happy}} Over on the League of Legends Wiki, saying the autoattack animation resets is just the official way of saying you can autoattack again without waiting. So, the fact that his autoattacks are instant means he is ingrained with the inability to cancel his auto animation. If he kills the minion, his next autoattack will be ready immediately instead of needing to wait around 4 seconds. Since he autoattacks instantly, it means that the period of time between autoattacks is extremely small when killing minions, much like a ridiculously fast version of {{champion:39}} Irelia's Bladesurge. If Zara messes up, then there is a huge period to punish him. Though to be honest, this kind of punishment isn't very reliable. Rather, kiting him around and pulling off a combo after he pulls off his one big autoattack is more reliable. Doesn't work too well when he bought items, but before his first back it's quite effective. Also, {{champion:17}} Teemo, {{champion:24}} Jax, and {{champion:98}} Shen can do quite a number on him in regards to stopping the autoattack so he's fine on the counterpicking department.
Rioter Comments
Seal Bot (EUNE)
: Is no one going to talk about the fact Sivir received a MASSIVE nerf??
It's official. Rito prefers ints over floats. **Rito supports inting conformed.**
: the idea behind the cdr on cleaver is that bruiser/fight champions NEED cdr as they are ability based even if they can auto to fill the gaps this is the reason why "ap bruisers" dont really exist, because there are no good health+ap+cdr items really available and as a result they are forced to build full tank or full burst and be balanced around that (or to be massivly overloaded in their kit)
I agree about the significance of CDR. It's definitely a stat they want. Unfortunately, it's become CDR > armor shred when it comes to getting {{item:3071}} The Black Cleaver with the health and AD being the buffers that makes it reasonable. It's arguably the most desirable part of the item, greater or equal to in significance to the armor shred. Yet it is that very aspect that also makes it too generalized. When you have {{item:3071}} The Black Cleaver in nearly every single game, it devalues the significance of armor which makes the tanks suffer. Its to the point where even though it doesn't have lethality, you see AD Assassins getting it so you get someone like {{champion:91}} Talon doing higher damage than you should expect to a heavy armor tank. While this change wouldn't affect the effectiveness against tanks for AD Assassins, nor their inclination to get the item, it would change the fact that lower CDR would make it harder for them to kill squishies as they build the item. Currently {{item:3071}} The Black Cleaver is the best of both worlds where you get both the CDR and the armor shredding. It muddies the classification of the item. Is this item supposed to be the armor shredding item or is it supposed to be the ridiculously high CDR item? What justifies this item having both? Is it ok for there to even exist a case where people are only getting this for the CDR? All it does is it solidify the fact that armor will be ridiculously difficult to justify having by having armor shredding exist in scenarios where it isn't even warranted. **** 10% CDR and 0% CDR are both fine. In either scenario, {{item:3161}} Spear of Shojin exists and definitely fits the high CDR style item. I fear though that with 10% CDR, it can't justify the strength {{item:3071}} The Black Cleaver would have with both % penetration and % armor shredding if it builds from {{item:3035}} Last Whisper. For 10% CDR to be balanced, the % armor shredding would have to replace the % penetration rather than both existing simultaneously. I wouldn't be surprised if it was shipped into game like this then, with 10% CDR and The Black Cleaver's % shredding being named **Last Whisper** while building from the item. However, can you see that as anything but a nerf? I don't know about you, but I would rather have {{item:3071}} The Black Cleaver be a full fledged armor obliterator rather than this 10% CDR nerfed mediocrity. At least there are other CDR alternatives even if The Black Cleaver falls to 0% CDR. As a heavy armor shredding item with no CDR that has both % penetration and % armor shredding simultaneously, you'd feel the enormous impact against tanks like {{champion:33}} Rammus and {{champion:54}} Malphite that you expect. It's a harsh compromise, but imagine how beautiful an item with both % penetration and % armor shredding would be, despite its anti-synergy.
: I wonder if it has anything to do with {{item:3071}} being a great item regardless of the existence of tanks on the enemy team....(seriously, this item is busted when paired with lethality) Ad casters and assassins are harder for me to deal with as a tank because of this item, while adcs on the other hand I can just build {{item:3143}} and {{item:3110}} since you cant really build an item to ignore my purely defensive attack speed slows and crit reduction passives.
It's kind of weird how great {{item:3071}} The Black Cleaver is in general. It really doesn't look like it should be a general type item, more of a niche item if anything. Yet with the type of stats it gives, it became a standard item to get. Imo, what's really overkill is the CDR. It just doesn't really make sense for this item thinking objectively. Sure there is the "spamming abilities more allows more physical damage," but simple autoattacks pull that objective off more reliably than CDR. If The Black Cleaver is supposed to be that armor shredding item, wouldn't it make sense for its CDR to be replaced with Lethality? While sure, it sounds like, "Well shit, that would just make the tank problem even worse." The thing is, most people get {{item:3071}} The Black Cleaver to cap CDR rather than shredding armor. It's really kind of silly when thinking about it. A niche armor shredding item is better used to cap CDR than its intended purpose. Heck proof of this is the fact that {{champion:122}} Darius and {{champion:86}} Garen switched over to {{item:3078}} Trinity Force. They would rather have the CDR and extra damage over that armor shredding lol. Assassins would definitely still rush this item with either CDR or Lethality since they are simply designed to deal high physical damage with their abilities. However, it wouldn't be that default rush item for fighters unless if they were up against someone that would rush huge armor. Heck, even the loss of CDR on this item doesn't really affect fighters at all given {{item:3161}} Spear of Shojin now exists. **** Unfortunately, It is counterintuitive to increase penetration to help fix this problem, but an alternative is making the armor shredding portion even less significant than it already is. Removing the item altogether is a mistake cause it removes a vital tool to combating tankiness. So how could {{item:3071}} The Black Cleaver possibly become more niche without encroaching on beating squishies? Well isn't it obvious. Build it from {{item:3035}} Last Whisper instead. Have you ever found it odd that despite being % armor based, both {{item:3071}} The Black Cleaver and {{item:3035}} Last Whisper are completely segregated? Is there really a good reason for it? The benefit of having them segregated is to have the benefit of having both {{item:3035}} Last Whisper and {{item:3071}} The Black Cleaver being built simultaneously. However if you think about it, doesn't that just exacerbate the issue of Assassins instagibbing high armor tanks? When was the last time you saw {{champion:240}} Kled have both {{item:3036}} Lord Dominik's Regards and {{item:3071}} The Black Cleaver? Never? That's right, cause he doesn't really need both. Wouldn't it be neat for {{item:3071}} The Black Cleaver being the fighter's variant of {{item:3035}} Last Whisper while {{item:3036}} Lord Dominik's is the ADC variant? We expect both to slay tanks after all. It might seem like {{item:3036}} Lord Dominik's Regards and {{item:3071}} The Black cleaver still would overlap a bit too much. You'd be right to think that, there really isn't a reason to get {{item:3036}} Lord Dominik's Regards if it was just a % penetration boost when {{item:3071}} The Black Cleaver could have % penetration and % shredding simultaneously. So how could this possibly be made into an ADC variant in such a way that it wouldn't be abused too easily by assassins? Well, there is a way that was already implemented, but failed because of what it tried to replace: {{item:3031}} True Damage Infinity Edge. **** Removing crit chance from {{item:3031}} Infinity Edge was a mistake. How do you remove crit chance from the item that is supposed to make crit chance viable in the first place? Thus it was rightfully reverted. Of course, the fact that it could deal true damage gave it a strong late game element, but to try and replace such a vital early game item wasn't the way to go. Yet what if largely the same effect was transferred to a late game item instead? Imagine if {{item:3036}} Lord Dominik's Regards gained the ability to deal true damage on crits. Not the doubling crit portion and no crit chance. Just the true damage on crits. It's not like you rush {{item:3035}} Last Whisper on ADCs anyways. If not that, increasing the penetration significantly. An AD assassin wouldn't really use this since it doesn't affect their abilities and building {{item:3086}} Zeals instead of {{item:3134}} Serrated Dirks is a bit too much. Maybe on Skirmishers like {{champion:11}} Master Yi and {{champion:157}} Yasuo, but that's normal. Plus they actually have high % penetration already since one deals true damage already while the other has it in the ult. {{champion:23}} Tryndamere is the one with the most benefit, but that's kind of expected. Since its % armor based, it still doesn't stand a chance against the big burst champions. {{item:3036}} Lord Dominik's Regards still has no health. Also let's not forget that building crit and Lord Dominik's Regards gets in the way of building lifesteal so either ADCs would be squishy or {{item:3036}} Lord Dominik's Regards would be pushed to late game. **** It just makes too much sense really. Amplifying the necessity of {{item:3035}} Last Whisper is the way to go to make sure these tank shredding items aren't amazing in every single scenario. I'll admit, this does mean overkill on tanks. However, the fact is that squishies would remain largely unaffected for most of the game. This creates the necessary divide of either prioritizing taking down tanks or taking down squishies. Ways to ensure this fact would be to do things like make the crit penetration affect only bonus armor so that the base armor of squishies aren't affected. By forcing these items to fit into their intended role, rather than being items you get just for the hell of it, the strength of the items are limited but significant. Thus it becomes situational and isolated, minimizing targets to focus on, easing up macromanagement. Easier management means the situation can be handled and handling the situation better means a more balanced game.
: Trials Standings: Week Two
{{champion:202}} The face of your killer, is Faceless.
Tiger58 (NA)
: Since you should basically never be dying (or else you've already become more than useless) a {{item:3041}} is a 1400g 100+ AP and then {{item:3050}} and {{item:3174}} are strong choices.{{item:3089}} is theoretically a good choice, but unless you just scored an 1000g shutdown, it just costs way too much.
{{item:3041}} Mejai's is a god send when you get those early kills. I just don't like sitting on it when the ADC is pathetic and can't manage to get any kills. I do like having it in the mid game since there should at least be one person you can attach to who can get a kill somewhere while the roaming happens. Even then, I don't think {{item:3041}} Mejai's changes the necessity of {{item:3089}} Rabadon's Death-hat. Mejai's certainly is something you'd want to build before Rabadon's, but it's in the same way as how {{item:3086}} Zeal and {{item:3031}} Infinity Edge works. It's not really a one or the other, you want both.
: Try rabadons first/second item. Makes wonders
Talk about Cat in the Hat. {{item:3089}} {{champion:350}} {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
Saezio (EUNE)
: Yuumi Thoughts
She really needs a lot of early game damage buffers to be threatening in the laning phase so I use: Summon Aery > Manaflow Band > Absolute Focus > Scorch > Shield Bash > Revitalize Absolute Focus is a controversial pick I decided to go for. While she can easily overcap CDR, I actually don't think CDR is as important to her **WHEN COMPARED TO** other supports. Since she can easily not take any damage at all, I find Absolute Focus to be quite reliable with its laning phase power. I tried many strange builds, but I can say this one thing for certain: {{item:3174}} Athene's Unholy Grail is core. Her E is almost useless without it. A generic AP Healer build is quite good for a support all the way into the mid game, but it's quite difficult to carry with and doesn't scale that well late game. One strange thing I did find with trying various items is that {{item:3030}} Hextech GLP-800 is more useful than even {{item:3285}} Luden's Echo on her. I discovered this while trying Glacial Augment (which sucks btw, don't even bother) and found that the {{item:3145}} Hextech Revolver actually proves as a strong incentive to use her passive. The slow makes it an optimal choice for when your team dives the enemy since {{champion:350}} Yuumi can jump on the diver and use Hextech GLP-800 to slow them. Being extremely blunt, I seriously believe {{champion:350}} Yuumi requires {{item:3089}} Rabadon's Deathcap for supportive purposes. Now I know how the meme goes that the support builds literally only damage and the support somehow has more kills than the ADC, but Yuumi's W literally transfers her own AP as damage for whoever she connects to. I don't like the idea of a Yuumi rushing {{item:3285}} Luden's Echo since that makes her E useless for laning phase, but I do find that in the AP Healer build, she is a much better support if she has {{item:3089}} Rabadon's Deathcap as one of her final items. As for boots, Interestingly enough, I think she could use boots. I don't think {{item:1001}} Boots of Speed is useful, but I do find that {{item:3020}} Sorcerer's Shoes helps her damage output quite a bit. Another thing is that her Zoomies heal is still largely good for its ridiculously high AP ratio on a movement speed haste. Having larger base movement speed would scale with well with AP in that regard when she's not attached. **** I don't know about you but I get very sad when I see I'm up against {{champion:53}}, {{champion:412}}, or {{champion:555}}. When the ADC gets Yoinked, it's just such a bad spot that Yuumi can't really do anything to save them. Which is double yikes since she is most likely attached as well. I know this sounds unprofessional, but I feel that if the ADC got {{summoner:21}} barrier instead and Yuumi has {{summoner:7}} heal then that situation wouldn't be a problem. However, everyone would just think that's a fucking meme, even though it's a very real concern.
: > [{quoted}](name=Wrathful Chicken,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zMEWfLjP,comment-id=00100000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-21T22:50:28.036+0000) > > I mean, you kinda did the same yourself. > > I only said that I'm not gonna let people enjoy intentionally feeding. Then you go and mention something about **"enjoying murder."** Like wtf? I never, ever, ever mentioned "enjoying murder". You must be pulling from a commenter. My intent with this was to point out that being a dick for no reason is not cool. Obviously people who enjoy hurting other people or intentionally feeding or something else that negatively affects those around them are not who I am talking about here.
> [{quoted}](name=ApothNinja,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zMEWfLjP,comment-id=00100000,timestamp=2019-04-16T20:28:19.223+0000) > > Pretty sure you know that's not what I meant. In fact, you can find me refuting other nonsense references in this thread such as "well I enjoy murdering people!". If someone has a hobby or interest that in no way harms you or anyone else physically or emotionally, don't shit on them for it. Or just "don't be a dick". I'm sorry then. I didn't want to be associated with something like that. I just wanted to make a funny one line comment tbh. While I still don't like that procrastinating example, I must agree that critics like that exist. People that find flaws for the sake of pointing them out. Some of them are honestly trying to get the logical truth out of something for the sake of clarity and logical sense. However, quite a lot of people just do it just to fuck with people. The kinds of people that just want to fuck with others is what I mean by griefers, people who spoil the enjoyment of others. It's frankly annoying. People already have enough stress in their lives, now there are people who want to ruin that small piece of enjoyment? I'm pretty sure this is what you are getting at. Let people enjoy the things they like, because there is enough strife to go around even without these griefers.
: > [{quoted}](name=Wrathful Chicken,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zMEWfLjP,comment-id=001000000000,timestamp=2019-04-20T22:27:40.568+0000) > > Oh I know what you meant alright. You don't like griefers. Which is fine. > > Unfortunately, what you are also saying is not to punish people for something as arbitrary as "something they like." I'm just here to say that "something they like" may be griefing. A person who should be doing their work, and just might be the bottleneck that is ruining your workflow, that is purposely not doing their work the entire day is a griefer. > > In other words, the person you say should be excused for their enjoyment may be the very same person who ruins the enjoyment of others. > > Griefers should be punished in any context. They suck out the happiness from everyone around them. Just because someone might like intentionally feeding, > > **I'm not going to let people enjoy intentionally feeding.** Dude, I'm just talking about not making fun of people for liking Lord of the Rings and shit like that. You're reading too much into this.
> [{quoted}](name=ApothNinja,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zMEWfLjP,comment-id=0010000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-21T03:02:09.253+0000) > > Dude, I'm just talking about not making fun of people for liking Lord of the Rings and shit like that. You're reading too much into this. I mean, you kinda did the same yourself. I only said that I'm not gonna let people enjoy intentionally feeding. Then you go and mention something about **"enjoying murder."** Like wtf?
: > [{quoted}](name=Wrathful Chicken,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zMEWfLjP,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2019-04-16T20:23:05.606+0000) > > I'm not going to let people enjoy intentionally feeding. Pretty sure you know that's not what I meant. In fact, you can find me refuting other nonsense references in this thread such as "well I enjoy murdering people!". If someone has a hobby or interest that in no way harms you or anyone else physically or emotionally, don't shit on them for it. Or just "don't be a dick".
> [{quoted}](name=ApothNinja,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zMEWfLjP,comment-id=00100000,timestamp=2019-04-16T20:28:19.223+0000) > > Pretty sure you know that's not what I meant. In fact, you can find me refuting other nonsense references in this thread such as "well I enjoy murdering people!". If someone has a hobby or interest that in no way harms you or anyone else physically or emotionally, don't shit on them for it. Or just "don't be a dick". Oh I know what you meant alright. You don't like griefers. Which is fine. Unfortunately, what you are also saying is not to punish people for something as arbitrary as "something they like." I'm just here to say that "something they like" may be griefing. A person who should be doing their work, and just might be the bottleneck that is ruining your workflow, that is purposely not doing their work the entire day is a griefer. In other words, the person you say should be excused for their enjoyment may be the very same person who ruins the enjoyment of others. Griefers should be punished in any context. They suck out the happiness from everyone around them. Just because someone might like intentionally feeding, **I'm not going to let people enjoy intentionally feeding.**
: LET. PEOPLE. ENJOY. THINGS.
I'm not going to let people enjoy intentionally feeding.
: "Ranked is about skill and not at all a coinflip"
That is into you reach Iron IV. Then you need to seriously consider the case where everyone goes AFK and the match ends with a draw.
: Is YOUR name OFFENSIVE???????
Oh crap, I'm busted for violence and animals. {{sticker:sg-ahri-1}}
: What if we removed runes and masteries?
Then this would be DOTA2: balanced. But seriously, what this essentially does is remove flexibility from champions, especially at level 1. It effectively isolates champions from a complex system that can potentially break them. This forces all balance changes to affect the champion alone and the only influence on flexibility is itemization, which is limited by gold income. (Which is pretty much the reason why DOTA 2 early game is farmville) I'm certain the sheer isolation of complexity that runes gives would make champions balanced, but it obviously comes at the cost of flexibility. Another thing is that certain (dis)incentives that runes offer will be completely gone which would likely need to be replaced with even more complex kit synergy. (Which is pretty much what DOTA 2 is known for) I'm certain that wonky builds won't go away, but they will come at the prerequisite of in game performance since these builds would be completely dependent on gold income. Since you specifically stated no buff compensations, I'm certain that there will be an imbalance that causes champions with strong synergy to be superior. Synergy with abilities to make good combos. Synergy with items to scale better. Pretty much all kinds of synergy would be raised up while those that struggle due to weak synergy would falter. Those being champions that have good kits theoretically, but in practice, those premises never actually come in game to give them the good performance you'd expect. **** To avoid this issue, I think it would be more fair to support the min-maxing ideology by forcing champion bonuses based on the lane role they are supposed to fulfill. Though to be honest, lane role might not even be necessary, I'm just thinking a unique bonus that can only be claimed by one player. Like for example, each of the 5 players need to fill one of the 5 roles: Brute, Tank, Visionary, Apocalypse, Adept * Brute: Has a buff that gives a powerful start, but lets you last longer as the fight drags on. 15% damage boost that transitions to a 15% damage reduction boost that changes by -1% damage boost/+1% damage reduction per second over 15 seconds. * Tank: Incentivizes disruption with survivability. Starts with +100 health. Soft CC gives +5 armor/mr. Hard CC gives +20 armor/mr. Both stack within combat and refreshes while in combat. * Visionary: Rewards assists with utility. Assists reduce ward cooldown and death timer by 20% maximum cooldown. * Apocalypse: Promotes chain killing. Gives +5/10/20/40/80 armor/magic penetration on a chain kill i.e. 5 for single, 10 for double, 20 for triple, 40 for quadra, 80 for penta. Gives +4/16/64/256/1024 gold when the chain kill timer times out. * Adept: Guarantees safety with resourcefulness. Minions give twice the experience. Deal 20% more damage to epic monsters and structures. Not the best example by any means, but the gist is that the players should have a purpose and should fulfill that purpose. Not exactly cookie cutter, but that's the point. Players should choose which role they want to fill, not which lane they want to go. I think a no rune/mastery system could be replaced with role based buffs. No multiple roles in a single game. All 5 roles must exist on the same team. All 5 players can only choose 1 of those roles.
: Rage of a Ruined King: Zara [Echoes in the Deep]
Oh I'm liking where [this](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/story/the-echoes-left-behind/) is going. {{sticker:sg-jinx}}
: what 3? 32+8=40 and total is 42 which means only 2 armor is missing, which can be gotten from a rounded 1.6
Logically there isn't a 3, but inside the first picture given, it clearly shows Magic Resistance Gained: 8 (+3) Same with armor.
: the 5% part doesn't affect the 8 bonus armor you get from conditioning
Which is even more strange. 5% of 32 is 1.6 Where the hell is 3 coming from? {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
: 32+8 doesn't make 42 :)
5% of 40 doesn't make 3. {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
UniSect (NA)
: When you know the loss was genuinely your fault...
: Brooo amazing :D a very intricate and ambitious Lore and setting + journey ( hoping to be trilogy ? ) story . i just scrolled and momentarily observed the writing and without even reading i know its going to be a blast :D , ill follow your journey wherever it may take me xD ( this gives me such a Dark souls sombre vibe )
Glad I met your expectations. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} And yes, it's going to be a trilogy. The final arc being where he reaches The Shadow Isles. There he interacts with {{champion:30}}, {{champion:236}}, {{champion:412}}, {{champion:429}}, {{champion:57}}, {{champion:120}}, {{champion:82}}, and {{champion:83}}.
Rioter Comments
Vıvıd (NA)
: His punish window is when he messes up early game He misses a hook He messes up by dashing His coolowns are insanely long early game, so take advantage of that Not sure why everyone bans and bitches about him, he is weak against most other supports in the game pre level 6, and even after that, the fact that he heals a bunch is what offsets a HUGE factor.... He cant build any health. Other supports can. They can survive burst. Pyke cannot. Like have most of you even played against pyke or what lol? I don't see the big issue with him Ive had the easiest time killing pykes especially when I play aggressive supports
Well admittedly, while he can't survive burst, he's incredible at taking harass. Even so, I do agree that he's a lot squishier than people make him out to be.
: Seriously though, Where is Pykes punish window?
Think about it a different way. His punish window is simply being powerful enough to take him out when he goes stealth. That's what makes his stealth safety window not really that safe at all. It's hard to tell when Pyke is ahead, but it becomes blatantly obvious when he is behind. I think one of the most important things to note is that his defense from burst is mainly in his enormous innate armor and magic resistance. If you penetrate through it all, he becomes fairly squishy. His innate health levels are merely what you'd expect from most of the squishier bruisers, so it doesn't take much to eat away at it once you've taken care of the armor/MR.
Rioter Comments
: Daily reminder that 15-90 scaling hp is a meme and needs to be buffed
As a refrence, the olden 9 seals of scaling health gave 12-216 health.
Rioter Comments
: Rage of a Ruined King: Zara [Chapter 12: Madness of Man]
As an update, given my terrible habit of thinking up chapters beyond the linear order the story should progress, I am no longer going to work on the chapters in Chronological Order. I will be publishing chapters out of order on the [League of Legends Wikia](https://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Double_Slap/Zara,_The_Cryptic_King) and then transferring them to these boards when I get them sorted out. This absence in writing has got to stop, it's ridiculous, Ludacris, truly truly truly outrageous {{champion:44}}. It's been years now. This guy needs his story published, no matter what the order. As of now, I have added the final chapter to Zara's journey in his new life, aptly named **FINAL.** Let me know what you think. This being said, spoilers are inevitable. Comment wherever and however about this story. I'll even divulge my current plans for how the story is going to play out on demand.
Deneviel (EUW)
: All focused on his R ... few noticed he has a ranged slow in his kit and 3 gap close. {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} Surely lol has no mobility creep issue. {{sticker:sg-lulu}} Lux should be deleted from the game for this next champ >_>
> [{quoted}](name=Deneviel,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7XR79EmZ,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-01-08T21:17:26.401+0000) > > All focused on his R ... few noticed he has a ranged slow in his kit and 3 gap close. > > {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} > > Surely lol has no mobility creep issue. > > {{sticker:sg-lulu}} > > Lux should be deleted from the game for this next champ >_> This mobility creep needs to get grounded, in a literal sense.
: > [{quoted}](name=spookiskeletun,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7XR79EmZ,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-01-08T19:33:53.284+0000) > > I Wonder when Riot will make an champion that can steal items {{champion:516}} slips them out of the shopkeeper's inventory all the time!
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7XR79EmZ,comment-id=00070001,timestamp=2019-01-08T20:45:17.789+0000) > > {{champion:516}} slips them out of the shopkeeper's inventory all the time! I call it forgery. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: If Sylas is busted, annoying, or frustrating in any sort of way, remember - Riot isn't to blame
Terozu (NA)
: So Blast has said that the champ is not Sylas.
It's Sylas, you can't be serious. Rito plz With the way he draws from what others already have, might as well be called Stylus.
: Vet player https://sill.armymwr.com/application/files/5614/9335/6566/vet_puppy_doctor_appointment.jpg
> [{quoted}](name=Summonah12369,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=I5jWYB9e,comment-id=0015,timestamp=2018-09-12T21:17:42.545+0000) > > Vet player > > > https://sill.armymwr.com/application/files/5614/9335/6566/vet_puppy_doctor_appointment.jpg Taking care of baby Nasus. {{champion:75}}
: Legends of a Fallen King: Zara [Chapter 6: Pain and Pride]
Now that {{champion:13}} Ryze has officially been placed in Noxii territory, this part of the story is now unofficial. {{sticker:zombie-nunu-bummed}} As much as I'd like to retcon this part. The fundamental groundwork of this story relies on the Runic Cataclysm occurring on Piltovian/Zaunite soil which serves as the catalyst for how Piltover/Zaun becomes a trade giant in my story. I am also not about to abandon this Zaunite section of Zara's story just to drop him into Noxus. As much as that would help give background with his inevitable confrontation with {{champion:82}} Mordekaiser, I have a scene in Piltover coming where Zara will redeem his nightmarish actions in Zaun. What nightmarish actions? Read Arc 2 to find out. My story will diverge from what is official as eventually champions die in this story. Though even if inaccurate, I still pursue this train of thought to display the potential of this perspective and to create a reference to what a convoluted story with many interwoven major characters would look like. I am still just a novice writer with this being my first story I've attempted to write and offer to the public. Yes, if it wasn't clear, I don't even write as a hobby. However, I will still do my best to make Zara's story as grandiose as possible. I would greatly appreciate any criticism and praise over how to improve my story in a reasonable fashion. The person who reviews my work, I want you to be that person.
: I appreciate the effort to add more items to the game. The item pool has been extremely stale for a while now and more effort to put even more items into the game will allow a great deal more player choice. Also nimbus cloak seems way too niche. Vandiril made a great video showing how some of the interactions on many champions just don't quite work. For example, does the nimbus cloak buff start before or after Fiddlesticks ult channel? It's not made clear at all.
There is a 1.5 second delay before getting the speed boost.
: Can we please make armour feel impactful again?
I rush 500 armor on {{champion:44}} Taric and it feels perfectly fine, even against mages which is terrifying. The main reason why armor/magic resistance falls short is due to its reliance on sustain, shields, and health for it to be useful. If your champion has no impactful form of sustain and shielding, then armor/magic resistance will always be less impactful than raw health early game. This is why the damage resistance boost on {{champion:19}} Warwick might feel more impactful than the damage resistance boost on {{champion:201}} Braum, on top of the fact that it has obviously higher values. Soaking up damage is only useful if you can sustain a lot of it in the first place.
: In-game shop not working properly
This bug is sickening. Wastes a whole minute of our time just to try and get it working again. A minute that could have been spent preventing a turret from being lost. Imagine if you had this bug on {{item:3157}} Zhonya's Hourglass against {{champion:238}} Zed. You find you can't buy it for no reason whatsoever so you walk back into lane, proceed to get Death Mark bursted. Then woopty-do, while you are dead you see that you can suddenly buy it now. {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
: Rage of a Ruined King: Zara [Chapter 12: Madness of Man]
Rereading this myself, I found it quite confusing why exactly Zara had such an explosive reaction. {{sticker:sg-lux-2}} So I added a couple paragraphs narrating Zara's imagination. Being that this is the chapter that expresses the climax of Zara's wrath, this insight is too imperative to pass up on.
: > [{quoted}](name=Wrathful Chicken,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=wayGANoG,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-05-03T11:09:11.786+0000) > > I'm creating an epic for [The Ruined King](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/skin-champion-concepts/LTQox2md-legends-of-a-fallen-king-zara-chapter-1-a-distant-memory), which inevitably needed me to define the almighty {{champion:82}} Mordekaiser's lore. I'd like to know what you think of how I defined his lore, which is mostly interpretation and not canon. > **** > > Those closest to Mordekaiser were so stricken at his death that they sought methods to give honor to his name and desire. Why does a man who simply wanted to become strong killed for his desires? Is he not an inspiration for others to become strong themselves? The method they decided upon was to simply bring him back to life, since he did promise that he himself would return to kill them. While it may have been an unbelievable statement at the time, they made it a reality through necromancy. Mordekaiser gifted them with undeath. While they didn't necessarily want to be in such a state, it was reasonable to sustain Mordekaiser's life. > > Thus began Mordekaiser's campaign against justice. However, Mordekaiser was much more cruel now as he believes that he was not terrifying enough to prevent an uprising. So he felt the need to be more ruthless by killing anyone who would not follow him. If they would not follow him willingly, he would enslave them to do his bidding. > > His belief during this time was that people need to submit to strength and then his subjects will naturally be humbled by the splendor of his successful campaign. Yet, the means of enslaving individuals only brought frustration and sadness. In their disbelief, a flame a rebellion, the very thing Mordekaiser wanted to snuff out in the first place. > > Thus it came as a surprise to him when his Immortal Bastion was besieged by numerous warbands. He understood that there were those who would not submit, but it was quite jarring to see so many. An enormous amount of wasted lives just to defeat Mordekaiser. Yet when he resurrected, he realized that centuries have passed. His efforts in all those lifetimes, and his Immortal Bastion a mockery laid intact in the middle of the enemy kingdom of Noxus, the warbands that defeated him in the first place. > > Fortunately for Mordekaiser, he was reborn in a land of the undead, so he essentially gained a free empire to rule. However, he was well aware that he would need to reevaluate his approach to conquest. Both military wise and strategically as he was in the middle of an island and he would need to somehow change from his previous tactics in order to find success. > **** > To those who did not submit to the Immortal Bastion, lies the infamy spurred by Noxus. However, to those who did, lied an inspirational form of strength. A king to those who were stuck in the Dark Ages. Villages that were weak would be pillaged relentlessly. Yet Mordekaiser, in his conquest of strength, came to these weak nations and accepted them and murdered the strong that would not accept Mordekaiser's regime. Those who would tolerate Mordekaiser's strength would become his economical forefront while the strong who would not would become his undead army. > > The Ruined King is an individual who intervened in the fall one of the nations from Mordekaiser's Iron Empire. The Ruined King is a magnanimous individual who is stubbornly straightforward. This nature reminded the crumbling nation of Mordekaiser and thus they crowned him the new king since Mordekaiser was gone. Eventually, The Ruined King would cause the cataclysm to give birth to The Shadow Isles, which directly causes the birth of Demacia out of fear of magic. > > The Ruined King will eventually rise again and go to the Shadow Isles, humbled with the desire for redemption. Yet, his strength is incredibly valued by Mordekaiser as he actively sends ghosts to seek him out. Individuals like Kalista and Mordekaiser reach out to The Ruined King to rebel against Mordekaiser, but The Ruined King is not swayed until he faces off against Hecarim. > > Hecarim's parents submitted to Mordekaiser and witnesses his subjugation of the bandits who pillaged the kingdom. When Mordekaiser died, his parents were killed for being supporters to the heinous Mordekaiser. Hecarim followed The Ruined King because he was essentially portrayed as an ideal version of Mordekaiser, and even had the excessive strength to match. Yet his belief in The Ruined King waned when he showed weakness after the queen died. Thus when Hecarim found himself in the domain of Mordekaiser, it was like a dream come true. > > Yet even he knew that Mordekaiser was struggling to make his impact on the world. Just like how The Ruined King seemed hopeless to save his wife, Mordekaiser seemed hopeless on his methods to create an effective revolution. Yet, being the straightforward individual he is, The Ruined King knew exactly what was wrong. He confronted Mordekaiser with an entire rebel army alongside him and squared off against Mordekaiser in epic combat inevitably leading to the The Ruined King's delayed death and the complete obliteration of Mordekaiser's castle. > > It was then that The Ruined King explained to him that Mordekaiser lacked purpose. All that Mordekaiser wanted was fleeting, and relevant to time when he was essentially timeless. He had all the strength in the world, but nothing important to strive for. Yet with the nature of Zara's power and the state of The Shadow Isles, that purpose was clear. The purpose he gave Mordekaiser was Life. A conquest to bring life to an undead nation. While it seemed like a preposterous prospect, The Ruined King's monumental sword was plunged into the dead soils and ascended everything around it into a state of flourishing life. This was The Ruined King's final resting place. > > When everyone learned of what The Ruined King had done, they had turned to Mordekaiser and followed him in devotion to the cause. Great rebels like Kalista, Yorick, and Maokai and his own army joined seamlessly while all the low level ghouls were drawn to the life of the sword. Mordekaiser was confused about how his enemies spurred by justice would so easily join his side, until Hecarim explained that it was a justice inspired by Mordekaiser's very own regime. While people could not agree with his ideals of strength and weakness, some found great value in what came out of Mordekaiser's pursuit of it. > > Now Mordekaiser rebuilds a castle for his inevitable resurrection of The Ruined King so that he may rule over the Shadow Isles while Mordekaiser personally rides out to give Runeterra a Harrowing to remember. Eventually his campaign will bring enough mana from pillaged World Runes to open the gate of heaven, the domain where {{champion:10}} Kayle and {{champion:25}} Morgana reside. A few things to Note. Mordekaiser is Several thousands years old. He was a Mortal man during the Darkin wars ( living weapons attempting geoncide on humans). We don't know his involvement in the Darkin war just that the vacuum of power left in its aftermath allowed him to form a kingdom and Build a Massive fortress. (Did he do it out of pride. Self protection or to protect his people from the Darkin) LeBlanc was there and was using the exiled clans to stage a coup. Imagine her surprise when Mordekaiser walks out onto the field of battle Dies. But comes back as an immortal Undead. He ruled for several hundred years before she figured out the secret of his immortality. So when writing Please Bear in Mind Mordekaiser is an Ancient Evil. He doesn't Know anyone. Noone knows of him other than from Myth ( except for Swain who Riot decided to give plot armor too which actually pisses me off alot) Also your way off base with the Ruined king
Well then, I knew he was old, but I didn't know he was actually living in the Darkin Wars. Mainly because I didn't read {{champion:7}} Leblanc's story yet. Huh. I'll have to revise their viewpoints in a perspective of time. Obviously a couple centuries of wait would definitely lead Mordekaiser's name to becoming legend. Damn, I wish someone told me this sooner. It's such an obvious mistake. {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} The only ways I could see of salvaging the foundation of this story is to have the kingdom as a legacy to Mordekaiser's reign, as in also lasting a couple centuries. It would not make its mark on history for the simple fact that it only lasted that long. The idea being that they tried to manage their own land, but found themselves failing and thus was aided by The Ruined King. Let's be real here, we know that The Ruined King ruled over a kingdom obviously, but there is absolutely no information on anything that came before such. Him making the kingdom his own and it being simply passed down to him generation by generation is equally as likely. Fortunately, I am nowhere near the encounter with any of the other shadow isles champions so that part of the story can be changed to anything else. I'm going to read up on Darkin lore and LeBlanc's history to find a way to fix this travesty. Though, I do believe having a legacy lands would at least be sufficient enough to make this work reasonably. I mean, they don't need to remember anything about Mordekaiser to have a desire to manage their own land. Unless there is something else that you find to be an issue with The Ruined King's lore.
Show more

Wrathful Chicken

Level 204 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion