: This game is going in the toilet because of champion balance being so bad
The game's also going down the drain because Riot refuses to just let something functional be. I.E Jungle was fine in seasons 2, 3 and 4. Then suddenly it became about smiting specific camps for buffs, smite swords, and a bunch of other stupid shit. Then they make the jungle not worth farming because "We want junglers to gank more and not afk in the jungle farming." Then they immediately nerf the xp in jungle because junglers are now ganking "too fast and too often." Then the Rift Crab change solidifies they have zero fucking clue what they're doing with the game.
NotSid (NA)
: What troubles me is that at the beginning of the article the person mentions wanting to hire specifically a female leader. For.. what reason? Why does the position need to be filled by a female, specifically? Does the job posting call for females only? Does the person toss out male resumes immediately? This affirmative action stuff does nobody any good. It does a lot of harm to hire someone just to fill a quota if you could have hired a more qualified person for the position. A position should be filled by the most qualified *person* available. Man, woman, other, it doesn't matter. Hire someone that can get the job done. Their genitals don't matter.
> [{quoted}](name=NotSid,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4HrFkVeO,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2018-08-08T09:08:18.129+0000) > > What troubles me is that at the beginning of the article the person mentions wanting to hire specifically a female leader. > > For.. what reason? Why does the position need to be filled by a female, specifically? Does the job posting call for females only? Does the person toss out male resumes immediately? > > This affirmative action stuff does nobody any good. It does a lot of harm to hire someone just to fill a quota if you could have hired a more qualified person for the position. > > A position should be filled by the most qualified *person* available. Man, woman, other, it doesn't matter. Hire someone that can get the job done. Their genitals don't matter. My precise thoughts on the matter. Hilariously too if you really think about it. Affirmative Action is an indirect way of saying "Unless we rig the system a specific way to favor certain people, they will never have the merit to ascend to the position by their actions." "Women are just as good if not far better than men for these positions. We also have to give women preferential treatment in hiring because if it was left solely up to merit it they would be underrepresented." People also really need to start accepting the reality that gender discrimination happens on both sides for different things both small and large. Must be nice though. "Oh well you're a man so any grievances you have are irrelevant because you're a privileged piece of shit who never earned anything of their own merit." meanwhile "Oh, you failed at something as a woman? It's not your fault, society is just rigged against you to favor men!" "Oh, and because you're a guy your car insurance is a lot higher because men are destructive and you can't drive without it otherwise you get a nasty penalty and fine."
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=TiG Trashbag,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AIuBRIT5,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-29T16:17:20.693+0000) > > Once again it sounds like you just do not like the concept of being partnered with 4 other summoners. You seem incredibly bitter. If you hate it so much then go play a different game. No one is stopping you and no one wants to hear people complain about their 'deadweight' teammates when you yourself probably fill that role in a lot of your games as well. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} You're sub 50% winrate in gold tier. Your stats on your main champion (Nidalee) are terrible. 6 kills average with 5 deaths a game? Please. The only other champions you seem remotely capable of playing are ones that you seem to play in flex 5s. Where you still only maintain a 51% winrate despite you being supposedly gold 3 quality. Those games should be just as easy to win. Contrast that to the last season I somewhat seriously played on this account being Season 6 and I was Plat before decaying out of it. Though even then I decayed to only gold but here are my 2 main champs that season: http://prntscr.com/jca0zr So yeah, let's talk about deadweight, shall we? I actually perform with my main champions, you just. . . average even on your main. Pathetic.
: {{item:3070}} sated devourer {{item:3070}}
Sated Devourer was a good idea. Can't remember what iteration it was exactly but the one that gave you the phantom attack that procced on hits was perfect. Though they removed it because laners were losing their minds that junglers were farming and not ganking. A large reason for that being junglers who never farmed the jungle in their time playing were doing it poorly. It's funny. You have the jungle being changed constantly on the whim of laners who change their minds every season about what they want. "We want junglers to take objectives more!" Sated Devourer encouraged that because dragon and herald were 5 stacks each, with crabs being 2 each. I would solo dragons early and often into games for the stacks. Then suddenly "JUNGLERS FARM TOO MUCH, WE WANT THEM TO GANK!" so Riot creates the current meta, and now the laners are all crying because junglers gank their lane 3 minutes into the game and do only that until their second round of buffs comes up. Junglers don't gank early enough for them? They buff the XP on jungle camps to facilitate that happening. Junglers ganking too early? Experience nerfs and usually but not recently a buff to jungle camp damage to discourage ganking without backing. It really is not hard here, Riot just needs to gut the catch up XP to discourage spam ganking when it's not working out. They need to reduce the downtime between the non-buff camps so junglers aren't sitting on their hands for two minutes if they're farmers. Seasons 2 and 3 had a good balance where a jungler could power farm, or power gank, and failing to do either effectively made them fall behind, but both playstyles worked well. A power ganker would push their team ahead to snowball their lanes and pretty much become a secondary support. A powerfarmer would become another solo laner in terms of damage output and become a menace late game and offer their team more damage. We need that again.
Jaygo41 (NA)
: Essentially what you're telling me is "I only want to see a couple junglers ever"
No. What I am saying is that junglers should have to farm in order to succeed in the game. I am quite frustrated and disapproving of this current mentality that your main objective is to only clear buff camps and gank aimlessly. You will always have the case of seeing a couple junglers ever, no matter what you want to tell yourself. Even right now, your safest bet is to pick something that is capable of ganking early and often. Season 2 was probably the most farm focused the jungle ever was and it had a wide range of champions capable of jungling. It even allowed for one to solo carry if they were very efficient at doing their farming and ganking on top of it. It took a lot more skill to jungle effectively in seasons 2 and 3 compared to now. The game refuses to let you fail as a jungler and it should be like any lane. If you fail to farm effectively, you will be useless come late game unless you have a very strong utility mechanic for a teamfight.
Darks (NA)
: @junglers who are upset about the up coming changes.
Jungle needs to have its experience toned down, the catch up experience needs to be removed, the respawn time on the normal camps needs to be decreased. Jungling should be about efficiently farming the jungle and ganking when possible. Not this stupid "clear buff camps and spam ganks like a brainless monkey for 5 minutes." meta of it. Counterjungling needs to be far more impactful, maybe make it award bonus XP. If you don't farm the jungle well, you deserve to fall behind. Plain and simple.
Zullar (NA)
: Stop Balancing For The LCS Already.
If you balance around the playerbase, you're in for a far bigger mess. Also, win rate is a dumb way to determine a champion's strength. I can think of a number of champions who are really strong with bad win rates because morons play them and suck horribly but in the hands of a competent player they're absurdly broken. One that comes to mind is Nocturne who has flown under the radar for two seasons now and soon to be another. Though is Nocturne actually broken? Not really, he's strong for solo queue for sure when people have no clue how to deal with him appropriately which is stacking in a cluster and when he goes in, cc training him. If you balance around the playerbase who a majority of them are in silver tier or lower, he'd be nerfed into the dirt because they think the problem is his damage. Not the fact they're not countering him correctly and he continuously catches isolated people out of line and eviscerates them. You can also run hourglass and use it before he collides with you and you negate almost all of his burst damage because his damage output is mostly centric around his combo proccing electrocute. End of the day, you can't balance around the playerbase because then you have to account for player skill, or lack thereof which is just an unnecessarily disastrous course of action. It's no secret that depending on your ELO there are completely different sets of "overpowered" champions. In Bronze, Blitzcrank and Amumu are more destructive than in higher elos where people know how to deal with them. Likewise, Nocturne is incredibly busted in that ELO and is a free ticket to Plat tier, probably even higher. He'll always do well where the enemy team doesn't know how to stack, or peel properly. Or say Tryndamere where in Bronze and Silver he should never lose his lane. Any decent ELO player knows how to deal with him and he's not a threat. Singed is another. When you have no idea how to deal with him he's going to wreak havoc. Higher elo knows how to deal with his antics and he doesn't shine as well. In Gold or lower you start proxy farming and the enemy top laner immediately tries to fight you and you just run away giving them a face full of gas which causes them to fall drastically behind.
HarrowR (EUNE)
: PSA: Practice tool is not to be used as evidence of a champ being OP.
This thread is about as stupid as saying: "This champ isn't OP because you can have bad games with them! Nothing is proven!"
VI Radio (EUW)
: Riot destroying Jungle role once again
> YET ANOTHER xp nerf to the jungle, you get level 3 after 4 camps/ 3 camps if you include krugs AND ALMOST NO ONE does krugs early game and heres the thing >>> 2 camps and a scuttle. Because this brainless shit of "Buff > Camp > Buff > Gank" is dumb. Riot needs to step away from junglers being a bunch of morons who can't farm but spam ganks for 5 minutes until buffs come back. It's encouraging a horrible playstyle. Also, when I jungle I always clear all of my camps on the first clear unless I got cheesed by some solo queue Godyr moron, or didn't get a leash. Skill as a jungler should involve actually killing the things in the jungle in a timely manner then utilizing your downtime effectively to keep on track, not killing the buff ones then sitting on 9 CS at 7 minutes. Especially since if your ganks don't work, you're useless late game if you don't get spoonfed kills by the team. Jungling needs to be as it was in seasons 2 and 3, where you have to farm your jungle if you have any hope of being effective. >HOW WE DO THAT? LETS MAKE SCUTTLE WORTH 170 XP INSTEAD OF THE ORIGINAL 10 XP AND NOW THERE WILL BE ONLY ONE SCUTTLE AT A GIVEN TIME. You're not required to kill the crab. I almost never kill the crabs early and it's likely post change I won't either unless I'm in a secure position to do so. I'll likely just persist clearing my jungle and still outscaling solo laners and the other jungler by a mile. Worst case scenario, you require junglers to actually have to plan their route, oh god the horror making them have to think! What's more than likely going to happen is idiots are going to play a bunch of early game cheese champs like Khazix, Udyr, or Lee Sin to try and over value the crabs. Meanwhile anyone with a brain who just farms their jungle is going to drastically outscale them mid game.
Ayzev (EUNE)
: So how do you want to stop it? You want 99 LP to be enough to get into promos instead of 100? That will just make 98 LP become the new 99. And then we can keep going like that, one point at a time, down to a point where we'll ask "What's the point of LP again?" Or maybe you're just shitposting and I'm not seeing the funny in it.
> [{quoted}](name=Ayzev,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ap4EbudU,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-04-28T11:16:31.984+0000) > > So how do you want to stop it? You want 99 LP to be enough to get into promos instead of 100? That will just make 98 LP become the new 99. And then we can keep going like that, one point at a time, down to a point where we'll ask "What's the point of LP again?" > > Or maybe you're just shitposting and I'm not seeing the funny in it. Or you could just make it so if you enter a series with a surplus of 17 points it gives you a free win. That way if you're really good/smurfing and getting like 22 LP a game. If you get stuck at 99 LP you can get a win out of it. However if you're a bad who gets like +14 a game, it won't apply because you don't deserve it. I mean, if you get into a series and lose it gives you a free win which honestly shouldn't exist because it defeats the purpose of climbing. Alternatively, make it give you a buffer on a loss.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=TiG Trashbag,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AIuBRIT5,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-28T12:38:06.576+0000) > > Sounds like you do not enjoy team based gameplay. Can I recommend Fortnite? Please. Team based gameplay in the context of League is just like doing a project in high school or college. You have five people, one or two doing any amount of work. The rest are deadweight who often are either bickering, or trying to lead the others off a cliff instead of contributing in a meaningful manner. However because you got assigned with them, you have to cover for their slack otherwise your grade suffers. Oh, and even if you do all the work, they're entitled to a fair share of the reward because reasons. I will admit though, League has taught me one valuable skill in life. "Presume everyone around you is useless and learn to work five times as hard. Be entirely self sufficient and you'll get better results than relying on other people."
Proxy345 (NA)
: Dear Millennials:Why? Just why? lol
Because our generation is fucking stupid and gets dumber with each year. We inhale raid, eat tide pods, snort condoms, drink bleach for youtube views, take vodka shots through our eyes, among other dumb trends. Then people act like our generation should be allowed to make decisions on how the country should be ran. We'll claim to hate awful people, but if they have the right political ideology it doesn't matter what they did and we'll worship them as a hero. Like Fidel Castro, stand up guy, same with Che Guevara. If we want to try something that's not only been tried before, but NEVER succeeded in history, rather than take the hint we'll just assume it was done poorly and try again. Surely it'll work right after try number 82. Just like in top lane. I may have died 8 times to that Riven, but I'll get him next time I engage him! I hope in the future we have NO millennial politicians and it just skips over us entirely. We were raised in a stupid safe space and "everyone gets a trophy!" mindset so it's just a bunch of entitled brats. We were never taught how to think critically so if your viewpoint differs from ours, rather than debate you with facts or reasoning, we'll call you "literally Hitler" and demand you not be able to speak. Oh, and even though there are laws against pirating music, movies, doing certain drugs, and drinking before a certain age, we choose to ignore them. However then we'll act like if we ban guns that everyone will follow the rules and we won't have any problems and if you notice hypocrisy, it's because you're a racist Southern hick and not educated enough. My four year degree in Feminist Dance Therapy means I'm a genius clearly.
: The wheel of age and pinning blame on Ghostcrawler
It wasn't a vocal minority throwing a fit on the forums because they no longer enjoyed WoW. It was the veterans of the game were being pushed out because the game they fell in love with was drastically changed in order to accommodate a vocal minority. This is why there's such a massive decline in players compared to Vanilla and TBC. It was little to do with Ghostcrawler and people blamed him because their classes got nerfed and the balance made little to zero sense, it was nothing to do with gameplay with Ghostcrawler. WoW had carved out its own style and redefined the MMO genre from 2004 until 2008. After Wrath hit and it suddenly became socially acceptable to play WoW, you had a large influx of players who had no clue why the game was successful begging for dumb changes to accommodate their casual behavior. This is why raiding went from a ladder you climbed through the tiers and progressed through as a guild, to being "normal mode is a joke difficulty, clear heroic if you want to progress." This is also why if you look at a subscriber chart, while the game did peak during Wrath, it stagnated for the entire expansion. That's something people fail to take into account when they preach "WRATH HAD THE HIGHEST SUBS IT WAS THE BEST!" because Blizzard was losing their older fans in favor of a bunch of newer players. It made sense in TBC when they actually kept attunements in the game on how raiding worked. You cleared tier 4, you got to do tier 5. You cleared tier 5, you got to see tier 6. Aside from how alt unfriendly it was, and how vague some attunements were, it worked quite well. For example, you needed to kill Nightbane to attune to SSC. Well, summoning Nightbane in itself was an attunement with literally no indication on how to do it. You just followed a very vague questline to get a journal and run around the world, do some dungeons and now you could summon Nightbane. Now the game is only as big raid-wise as the latest tier and it has four difficulties. Two of which are a complete joke, one of them literally buffing you for failing to kill bosses and cutting out half of the mechanics of the fight so monkeys can do it. Normal isn't that much harder than Loot For Retards difficulty, Heroic has a bit of a challenge comparatively but ultimately isn't that much harder. Now the game is literally pushed into "If you want a challenge, it HAS to be Mythic." While League isn't making their game easier as time goes on because it's already an oversimplified game, their main problem is they insist on doing stupid gimmicks every season when they don't need to happen. Seasons 3 and 4 were near perfect with how everything played out in lanes and jungling as well as itemization with maybe a few balance tweaks. Season 5 they decided for no real reason to scrap Spirit / Razor items for junglers in favor of gimmicky smite swords and making you have to smite specific camps for specific buffs. Or adding flowers to the jungle for no actual purpose other than making getting caught out less risky because you can bomb plant over walls. Dragons are another change that made no sense. They were fine being an objective that rewarded everyone global gold. Then they suddenly decided that wasn't good enough and made them a stacking buff system, and now they're what we have now where the game boils down to RNG on what dragon decides to spawn. No reason a competitive game should cater in part to some RNG because Riot decided "We want to see more fights over the dragons!" Baron Nashor used to be a buff with good stats if you took it and it was almost a guaranteed game ender. Now they shifted the buff to the minions to the point Nashor for a large part doesn't matter and mostly is a "Well we can get this and pressure them I suppose." rather than a game decider. Champion design is senseless because you have half of the champions with simple kits from older designs. Like for example Hecarim and Nocturne. To champions like Zed where it's about being flashy and for some reason he's not only able to deal a load of damage, he's able to escape unscathed generally unless you stunlock him. Or Fizz. Too many assassin champions have the ability to be way too safe for their damage output, too many tanks are capable of dishing out unreal amounts of damage for how beefy they are. Hecarim is a prime example of this where he's way too tanky for how much damage he's able to deal late game. Then to top it off, I mean Hecarim is my main and favorite champion, but they BUFFED HIS SELF HEALING because "Hecarim players tend to build squishy assassin." It's like THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT. THEY TRADE DEFENSE FOR OFFENSE, YOU'RE GIVING THEM BOTH!
Urgotted (NA)
: Tips for getting out of Bronze
Climbing as an ADC requires your team to be remotely competent otherwise you'll be primary target number one in every fight and not peeled for which means you'll be useless pretty fast. As much as I hate suggesting cheese or even encouraging it, Thunderlord's Nocturne can carry a pretty bad player to at least gold since he's basically autopilot and the community hasn't caught onto it yet. Farm to 6 which for him is really easy. After that, you just come through lane, ult onto a squishy and right before you collide, hit them with Q. You'll get the three attacks for Thunderlord's near instantly and against most ADCs that aren't fed at level 8 you'll guaranteed kill them if they don't have flash. Sometimes they don't even get time to react if you get it fast enough and they're at a quarter HP just from you alone. Lot of Nocturne players suggest Tiamat, I suggest Warrior + BOTRK. Around level 11 if you have max CDR your ult is like 1:30, at level 16 it's every minute at which point you just pick off their squishies if they are alone. It's incredibly hard to not get fed with Nocturne if you're remotely competent and playing against idiots and he isn't like a crazy high skill cap champion to learn. He only really would fall off in elos like above Plat where people don't avoid grouping at all and allow themselves to be easily isolated. Basically, against people with brains who can group, Nocturne falls off pretty hard which is why he excels at low ELO. (Bronze through Plat) If all else fails: Annie Mid/Top is incredibly dominant, just farm and burst them at 6. If they play a tank, they won't play aggressively against you and you can free farm, if they play a squishy that isn't Pantheon or something with great all-in ability, you'll destroy them. Although these are smurfs so I would trash this elo by default, these are two smurfs I put into Gold Tier this season, the bottom one I seeded into Bronze for lulz and stomped games hard until I realized I still hate this game and quit for 10 months: https://prnt.sc/gwvhv3 https://prnt.sc/gwvi2o
: > [{quoted}](name=Latitoast,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iU6ROELE,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2017-10-13T04:58:40.534+0000) > > post something conservative in his twitch chat and watch shit hit the fan Is Hashinshin conservative? Haven't hear any political discussion from him, he mostly bitches about the awful state of top lane.
> [{quoted}](name=Just Jangle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iU6ROELE,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2017-10-13T07:57:27.958+0000) > > Is Hashinshin conservative? Haven't hear any political discussion from him, he mostly bitches about the awful state of top lane. If he was conservative he wouldn't be annoyed by someone posting something conservative.
: Do I still get rewards if I was banned from 10/aug - 24/aug ?
"Players issued a ban of 7 days or more after Aug 22nd, 23:59 Pacific Time." Should be fine considering you were ISSUED the ban before the date.
GemCrash (NA)
: XJ9 just made a long vent on facebook
>This is probably pointless to explain to a blind fanboy. Especially somebody as sad as you. But here goes. Says the guy who literally just said "how XJ9 acted on the forums" then decides to cite his Facebook. Consistency clearly is not something you are gifted with. If you want sad, it's somebody like you who's incapable of reading what I've typed and giving me a real response past claiming (incorrectly mind you) that I'm strawmanning. When ironically the thing you claim I'm strawmanning, IS SOMETHING YOU EITHER DID IN THE QUOTED POST OR ARE DOING NOW. >People hate XJ9 because he doesn't take responsibility for his actions. Just reading his Facebook post gemcrash posted is enough to convey this to you. No, people hate him because of his actions. Whether he accepts responsibility for them is none of their concern because they don't care. The guy could come out and publicly apologize for everything people feel he's done and they'd STILL trash him. They hate him as a person, either for his actions or because everyone else hates him and their first impression of the guy is somebody linking the Destiny videos. >Nearly everything that is bad that happened to him was a result of his own actions. Choosing to do things that he knows were wrong and not accepting the consequences. Except he has acknowledged what he's done. He's not in some crazy denial about why he was banned from League. He knows precisely why he was banned. What he doesn't understand is why Riot then took that and instead of letting him just move on from League, decided that "Oh well we'll just have Twitch permaban him too." The guy would be completely fine if he was allowed to stream Runescape or Dota 2. In fact for the longest period he was streaming on hitbox as himself playing Runescape, DOTA 2, PayDay 2, Borderlands, just about anything he felt he would enjoy playing. Hell he even was streaming Hearthstone when he got a beta key. >Blaming others and lashing out to help him cope. Blaming riot, twitch, other streamers, his GF, and the community for what has happened to him. Considering Riot specifically had Twitch ban him out of the blue, he's within his right to blame Riot for his current situation. There was absolutely zero need for them to attack his ability to stream on twitch after he got banned from League. Especially since Twitch allowed toxic asshats like Tyler1 to still exist when he got permabanned as a player and he's made the community significantly more toxic by existing than XJ9 did. He doesn't blame other streamers, he simply says they're terrible people because all they do is act for money and sell out into people who blindly spam memes because that's what their audience wants. That is one thing I will always give XJ9 credit for, he did what he wanted to do. He didn't pander to an audience because he didn't believe in selling out. He didn't turn on League when he was playing Sonic All Stars Racing and his chat was spamming him to play League because that's what they wanted. He did his own thing because he viewed streaming differently. Most people view streaming as you having to pander to an audience. XJ9 believed in streaming his gameplay and felt he wasn't there to entertain an audience, they were there to watch his gameplay. Sometimes the two things aligned perfectly. He doesn't blame his ex-GF for what happened either, he says she's just as guilty as he is in the situation and is annoyed he's being the only one targeted by everyone. I would say that's a very fair claim to make because she was just as guilty in the drama as he was. In fact if you actually were following the drama with Destiny, she flat out said on his stream "That girl in those pictures is me on XJ9's page" and the pictures went from a couple hundred views, towards ten thousand in just a couple hours. That is her being guilty in promoting the drama to the mainstream. Why are people not dragging her across the coals? >Complaining that it isn't fair and that nobody understands. But we all understand perfectly well. It's XJ9 who doesn't. Considering you've been wrong about a lot of things in this interaction, clearly you don't understand. You THINK you know what you're talking about but in reality you're horribly uneducated about the matter and horribly uneducated in what you yourself even say considering you contradict yourself multiple times. "I'm not saying this!" when you do just that in the post I quote from. Meanwhile here you are "People hate him because of his actions on the forums" then start talking about his Facebook. Then again, if you knew a thing about consistency your highest played champion wouldn't have only a 50% win rate. >He's even gone as far as to attack his fan base in this Facebook rant. I wouldn't really call them a fanbase if all they do is bitch at him and demand he play League when he clearly doesn't feel like playing the game anymore and now feels obligated to play it. That's pretty much the whole basis on the post is him being annoyed at feeling forced into playing a game he doesn't like because people keep demanding he play it, even when he's going through his depression episodes. A fanbase is supposed to actually interact with him, they don't really do that. It's mostly just people asking him what he builds on champions on every post he makes. None of them ask him how his day is going, or how he's feeling or offer any words of encouragement in depression filled posts. Another reason he's upset for being banned off Twitch because when he could stream, his fanbase would actually cheer him up in chat, or try to. Now he's mostly left with people that don't care about him as a person as much as him as a player, and by player, somebody who just feeds them information and builds because they don't want to figure it out themselves. If anything they're more like that friend who is around you when they want something but when they dont wan't something, nowhere to be found. >As CLG Ear best said. He needed therapy. Yeah and it isn't helping his case when people like you who don't know a damn thing about the situation he's in feel like they can weigh in with misinformation. The guy reads things like this always, every reddit post about him he's usually commented on with some account to try and correct the record. I'm pretty sure that really helps him and his depression. . .
Cynicatt (NA)
: well if this thread doesn't get locked, I just don't know...
> [{quoted}](name=Cynicatt,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=3jX5Ai2E,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2017-06-05T04:53:20.745+0000) > > well if this thread doesn't get locked, I just don't know... It won't. Verbal abuse towards XJ9 is allowed to stay indefinitely and I've seen some threads trashing him stay open to this day that have fortunately dropped off the front page and are towards the pages with other threads from months ago. Dare to say anything like this about ANYONE else and the mods will have your head. I had a post removed earlier about the London attacks because I posted a picture making fun of people who are afraid to attribute acts of terrorism directly linked to a specific faith that seems to have these attacks in their name daily in fear that will be what radicalizes them to do these acts themselves. I wasn't even saying anything negative about the faith itself as much as the people afraid to call a spade a spade. If Christians did this I would be chastising them for it too. Odds are this post gets removed too because I dared to explain myself, or because I'm defending XJ9 which is apparently taboo.
Destaice (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=XJ9lol,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=3jX5Ai2E,comment-id=000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-05T04:32:27.190+0000) > > "Nobody is making" > > You literally fucking said: "That awkward moment when you type an essay to strawman people in an attempt to blindly defend somebody that **everyone already dislikes due to seeing his behavior first hand**." > > I am telling you why you are incorrect. This is not "nobody making" because YOU YOURSELF FUCKING SAID IT. How about instead of trying to sound smart you read what you fucking type. Again you're strawmanning. Most people on the forums don't like him after the behavior he displayed on the forums. I never once said he was toxic in games. Come back when you can act like an adult and are done being a massive tool.
> [{quoted}](name=Destaice,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=3jX5Ai2E,comment-id=0000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-05T04:40:41.494+0000) > > Again you're strawmanning. > > Most people on the forums don't like him after the behavior he displayed on the forums. I never once said he was toxic in games. > > Come back when you can act like an adult and are done being a massive tool. Except he wasn't toxic on the forums past the single death threat he made towards Gem. At most he was blatantly annoying, like a LOT of the people who frequently post here or spam the same topics day in and day out. I don't see why you're chastising him on his forum conduct when people here say and do things of the same magnitude of annoyance.
: tl;dr boo hoo video games A few centuries ago this kid would've died by now, oy gevalt, just gotta toughen up and move on
> [{quoted}](name=Trolosaurus,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=3jX5Ai2E,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2017-06-05T04:25:21.558+0000) > > tl;dr > boo hoo video games > > A few centuries ago this kid would've died by now, oy gevalt, just gotta toughen up and move on A few centuries ago we likely all would be dead. A majority of the people on this forum have that as the only thing in life going for them. Some people are on these boards so frequently I wonder if they actually work. Could you imagine if they didn't have that?
Destaice (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=XJ9lol,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=3jX5Ai2E,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2017-06-05T04:26:08.797+0000) > > Except a majority of them haven't seen his behavior. Anyone who watched his stream will tell you he very seldom raged in games and for the most part hardly spoke. > > I imagine most people in this forum thread posting literally only know the name "XJ9" from the Destiny videos, or have heard people say he was Tyler1 level of toxic because they themselves are uneducated. Are you just going to keep throwing out counter-arguments against points that nobody is making until you get lucky and actually land one?
> [{quoted}](name=Destaice,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=3jX5Ai2E,comment-id=00000001000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-05T04:30:40.736+0000) > > Are you just going to keep throwing out counter-arguments against points that nobody is making until you get lucky and actually land one? "Nobody is making" You literally fucking said: "That awkward moment when you type an essay to strawman people in an attempt to blindly defend somebody that **everyone already dislikes due to seeing his behavior first hand**." I am telling you why you are incorrect. This is not "nobody making" because YOU YOURSELF FUCKING SAID IT. How about instead of trying to sound smart you read what you fucking type.
: Can someone give me a rundown of his recent situation to make this rant?
> [{quoted}](name=IAintDarius,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=3jX5Ai2E,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2017-06-05T04:22:25.814+0000) > > Can someone give me a rundown of his recent situation to make this rant? He got permabanned from League. He then tried to become a DOTA 2 streamer and Riot told Twitch to ban his twitch account so they complied even though his stream never had anything worthy of a ban past Riot saying to. Like had Riot just let him move onto Dota 2 or another game he'd be perfectly fine though they had to bring Twitch into it. He's mostly faded into obscurity and doing boosts privately. He had a private stream for a bit he charged 20 dollars for because any account he touches is instantly banned by Riot. He recently quit doing that for the reasons he posts and is mostly depressed that people don't see him as a person. They mostly just ask him what he's building on champions and feels like people legitimately do not care about his existence. It's so blatantly obvious to see he's crying out for a legitimate friend yet nobody wants anything to do with him past asking for builds and guides.
Destaice (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=XJ9lol,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=3jX5Ai2E,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2017-06-05T01:48:22.791+0000) > That awkward moment when you type an essay to strawman people in an attempt to blindly defend somebody that everyone already dislikes due to seeing his behavior first hand.
> [{quoted}](name=Destaice,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=3jX5Ai2E,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2017-06-05T04:21:03.735+0000) > > That awkward moment when you type an essay to strawman people in an attempt to blindly defend somebody that everyone already dislikes due to seeing his behavior first hand. Except a majority of them haven't seen his behavior. Anyone who watched his stream will tell you he very seldom raged in games and for the most part hardly spoke. I imagine most people in this forum thread posting literally only know the name "XJ9" from the Destiny videos, or have heard people say he was Tyler1 level of toxic because they themselves are uneducated.
: People like to post hypothetical conversations with toxic carry mains
>Being bad at the game in and of itself isn't toxic behavior, I hope you know. It's unpleasant. It's not fun. It isn't "generally douche bag-ish behavior", though. I'm talking about people who KNOW they're shit (and a lot of them do because I'm certain they are constantly reminded of how awful they are) yet still insist on playing ranked instead of normals. At which point you are INTENTIONALLY gimping your team. Over many games, a toxic player will be muted by most and likely ruin the game for very few people, mostly just people who are too incompetent to hit the ignore button. A bad player consistently will ruin the game for 4 other players and turn them into ragers likely going into their next game depending on how poorly they played. We've ALL seen that guy "I just had the worst Sona ever" in lobby. At which point any unpleasantness that raging person creates, can be directly related to the poor performer who put them in that mood in the first place.
: > [{quoted}](name=XJ9lol,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=3jX5Ai2E,comment-id=0002000000010000,timestamp=2017-06-05T02:39:13.456+0000) > > **-edited by mod- **Get over yourself. At least MLP is tame in that regard, anime intentionally sexualizes its characters. MLP just has creepy fuckers in the fandom who do it because they have shitty morals and must corrupt everything they see because they're depraved sacks of flesh. Holy crap my sides reading this
> [{quoted}](name=2nd Chance,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=3jX5Ai2E,comment-id=00020000000100000000,timestamp=2017-06-05T02:47:43.188+0000) > > Holy crap my sides reading this Name me one instance of MLP sexualizing their characters. I'll wait. About the only time anything came close to the norm for anime was when Twilight had a wooden bar press against her flank and give her the appearance of an ass.
: > [{quoted}](name=Trezno,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=X4i08tnQ,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-05T03:37:08.561+0000) > > The mic will pick up anything it can unless you have a noisegate (I think that's what it's called), but even then it'll still pick stuff up that you don't want if you're playing games. If you're dead-set on using a standalone mic, get some headphones that are nice to go along with it and you won't have to worry about the issue I brought up. My whole goal is to save my ears by avoiding headphones. Sounds like that isn't an option though. That's a shame Edit: this isn't completely true, you can just have the audio go through your speakers while wearing a headset if you want. This was more for just avoiding headphones to be honest. Which is what my friend wanted.
> [{quoted}](name=The MechE,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=X4i08tnQ,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-05T03:46:06.590+0000) > > My whole goal is to save my ears by avoiding headphones. Sounds like that isn't an option though. That's a shame Earbuds are a nice alternative. Though I've used headsets for about 15 years of my life and I've never once had a problem with them. Especially newer ones that are more comfortable. For a bit I was using earbuds for sound, while a headset over my ears because I had two layers of suppression vs the outside world. Could not hear a thing said to me in real life. Was kinda nice actually. Those shitty 10 dollar logitech headsets I used to buy where the ear cup is literally a flat piece of something akin to leather so my ear was basically smashed against my head were the fucking worst. Now I get headsets that cover over my ears and are comfortable to wear. Razer Kraken 7.1 v2 is my current headset and it's incredibly comfortable and only ran me about 100 dollars which at least for me isn't too terribly much.
: Which is better: headset or stand alone mic?
Quality standalone mics are always going to be more superior for voice clarity and just more effective in general. A headset is typically used for gaming and as such isn't really designed with needing perfect components so long as they can hear you. Some try to have quality microphones but a top of the line headset microphone will always come behind a top of the line desktop microphone. Especially since top of the line ones are aimed more at streamers or people who frequently speak into a microphone for a job. This of course comes at a drawback, without anything to mitigate it, a desktop mic will pick up a lot more than a headset microphone will. This is especially bad for people who insist on using "voice activation" settings because unless they live in a very quiet house with only them and nothing else around, you'll hear everything. This is why I even had a push to talk system set up on Skype (button to unmute my mic whilst pressed) because my brother sperging out elsewhere in the house could be heard. This problem is 90 times worse if they're using speakers for sound too. We have a guy in my guild who I let slide about using speakers because he at least uses push to talk. Though when I'm trying to call out something and he does it too, the feedback is enough to make me want to punch him through the internet. Basically: If you're using top of the line, desktop microphones will offer superior voice quality, though you likely are paying for something you won't get enough of a use out of to justify it. Unless you're a youtuber who does commentary, or a professional streamer. Though I suggest a headset because if you're going to use them anyway for gaming unless you're fine with being the dude everyone in comms hates because of feedback through speakers when they speak.
: > [{quoted}](name=XJ9lol,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=3jX5Ai2E,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-06-05T02:03:41.385+0000) > > I always love seeing people look at a humanized form that looks very little from their pony form and people shitting on MLP despite knowing precisely who the character is. Yeah the purple skin and exact same hairstyle really makes it difficult. I dont even hate the show but any grown-ass man using a picture of a high school human form horse girl as their Facebook picture is a bonafide knob
> [{quoted}](name=Social Justice 1,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=3jX5Ai2E,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2017-06-05T02:08:02.293+0000) > > Yeah the purple skin and exact same hairstyle really makes it difficult. > > I dont even hate the show but any grown-ass man using a picture of a high school human form horse girl as their Facebook picture is a bonafide knob **-Edited by mod-** Get over yourself. At least MLP is tame in that regard, anime intentionally sexualizes its characters. MLP just has creepy fuckers in the fandom who do it because they have shitty morals and must corrupt everything they see because they're depraved sacks of flesh.
: I didn't even have to read the post the mlp icon told me what I needed to know
> [{quoted}](name=Social Justice 1,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=3jX5Ai2E,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-06-05T01:59:47.281+0000) > > I didn't even have to read the post the mlp icon told me what I needed to know I always love seeing people look at a humanized form that looks very little from their pony form and people shitting on MLP despite knowing precisely who the character is.
: You're on your 1st date and they ask to look through your phone
Most a bunch of adorable pictures of Twilight Sparkle. Nothing as far as internet history or text history that could be viewed as questionable. If anything it might be the fact I have a lot of pictures making fun of Hillary Clinton and women tend to be blue pilled as fuck in real life because they blindly believe not supporting the Left automatically means you hate women.
CLG ear (NA)
: that guy should see a therapist 5 years ago
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=3jX5Ai2E,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-06-05T01:23:44.601+0000) > > that guy should see a therapist 5 years ago Or it might have something to do with the fact the guy has seen nothing but verbal abuse from the League community and he interacted with the community at a fairly young age. What was it, like 15 and he was playing League getting people abusing him because "YOU'RE NOT REALLY A GIRL! YOU'RE FUCKING WEIRD! KILL YOURSELF!" Then when he climbs to rank one, everyone shits all over his jungling style that made him rank one because he didn't give blue buff to Scarra and Scarra on his stream threw a fucking hissy fit and his chat spam reported XJ9's stream and got it taken down for a day. Ironically this jungle style everyone said was bad, was the exact same one that Meteos ripped off and everyone was riding his dick in Season 3 about "how good of a jungler he was." Literally if XJ9's name wasn't attached to that jungle style everyone would have praised it. Though this proves more that people just hated XJ9 blindly because everyone else did. Then he interacts with the "Princess of GD" and once she convinces him to boost her to Diamond ELO even going as far as to pretend to be in a relationship with this clearly vulernable person. She kicks him to the curb and talks about how "crazy" he was after she got a free boost to Diamond tier and maintained having her rewards despite overwhelming evidence dropped on the forums showing she was boosted. Most notably a picture of her at 1700 ELO playing Hecarim in Season 2 and carrying in the postgame. Though it was posted on XJ9's account, hmmmmmm interesting. As well as multiple replays of various champions all jungling the same way XJ9 did. Yet because she was buddy buddy with Rioters they let it slide. The biggest indicator of her being boosted? The fact she consistently carried games as jungler with the highest farm in the game until she hit Diamond. Suddenly she goes to being a feeding support main who lost 80% of her games. Hmmmm. Then there's the whole Sarah thing where she'd pick fights with him, ignore him then just to spite him talk with people she KNEW he hated and spam him with "Oh I'm playing with X, Y and Z!" That whole picture of her tits thing or the three of her in her underwear (weren't even nudes) was literally the last thing that happened out of a two week long shitshow. Then proving how uneducated everyone is, they thought SHE was underage when in reality he was underage. **-edited by mod-** So it was a two way street, but you'll never hear about the other side of it. What's even worse is he was 17, she could have been in deep trouble for possession and distribution of what was essentially child pornography given he was under 18 at the time. So let's see, now everyone remembers/knows him solely because of that single thing and as such says "Oh wow what a psychopath!" especially because they know nothing past the Lee Sin remark, even though there was context to even that. "If you ever wanted to hurt me, this is the one thing you could do to really hurt me." She was clearly intending to hurt him by doing that and even spammed his skype saying "LOOK WHAT I'M PLAYING!" She was actively prodding him into depression. So yeah, guy who is 15 who likely was bullied/hated in school. Drowns himself in online games to find some enjoyment in life and gets verbally abused there for a lot of things out of his control. The one thing he actually does of his own to provoke any hate pretty much costs him any chance at making money with the one talent he has in life. Then people STILL verbally abuse him after he's faded into irrelevance. Gee, I fucking wonder why he's so bitter about everyone else in life considering he's never been shown any form of compassion by anyone.
: People like to post hypothetical conversations with toxic carry mains
>Intentionally bad play is already reportable in the first place. Yeah if they flat out say they're intending to lose. The problem is the actions to intentionally lose a game are pretty much the exact same that a bad player could make. Things like them relentlessly sitting top they can turn around and argue "I was just trying to farm up!" or "I just happened to get caught in our jungle guys, sorry." This is why I said it's impossible to report a person for playing bad because Riot is so worried about banning someone who is just legitimately bad instead of someone intending to feed that they often just let it slide unless that person declares an intention for you to lose. >Things like ignoring team mates to just power push a lane because you're frustrated, randomly diving enemies because you don't want to listen to your team or you want to force your team to play at your pace...stuff like that is already a reportable offense, although it's admittedly hard to track and what-not. You can report for them, doesn't mean anything will get done because as you said, it's hard to track. Riot is afraid of false positives regarding banning players for playing poorly. They even said the "unskilled player" report on the old client did nothing actually and was more a way for them to identify toxic people who were report happy. >Still, if we're talking about just GENUINELY having bad games or large losing streaks, and we're comparing that to people that have shitty sportsmanship and intentionally ruin people's fun and progress in this game for selfish reasons...why would we say the latter is somehow LESS toxic? Not every capable player who is raging is intentionally trying to ruin the game. I even said: "The case you describe is a person who is toxic for the sole purpose of being toxic." There are plenty of raging people who are competent players and are just venting. I myself can at times be one of them. I'll get in moods where I can be incredibly frustrated and yelling at everyone, however I'm still trying 110% to win the game. I don't go to the point of just sitting out of fights or screaming "MY TEAM IS AT BARON GUYS!" So you have somebody who's frustrated that you can mute and never deal with again. Vs somebody who even if you mute them still is feeding gold and free teamfights to the enemy team. How you can somehow see the former as being more toxic than the latter is beyond me.
: People like to post hypothetical conversations with toxic carry mains
> Toxic is toxic, and whoever is more toxic isn't based on "Who started it" or "Who's worse" more than "Who's toxic" Toxic is toxic yes, however there is severity and I strongly believe in the idea that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. So I always look for what causes the most toxicity. Which is why I say people need to start looking at players who CONSISTENTLY perform poorly causing other people to rage at them. This idea we have currently of "Players can be as awful in ranked as they want to be. However you're banned if you even dare to point a finger at them." Evidence of this being I've been chat restricted for telling people to "quit getting caught out of fucking line and stay with the team" however nothing happens to them for being 1-12 unless they intentionally run down mid to give them a kill. Though Riot is totally fine with them "overstaying" in a fight that ends up with their death because it's poor judgment. Riot is so afraid of banning people for playing poorly in the event it's a false positive that it's so easy to intentionally feed so long as you don't make it obvious. Back in Season 4 when I got forced into supporting I would just auto attack the minion waves and when my ADC raged about it, report them. Even though in those interactions I was clearly the instigating party and should have been punished. >The notion of "I'd rather have a rager that's good than a feeder that isn't too good" is actually blind to logistics. Feeders that aren't that great are still trying to win. Ragers that are good can up and decide to force you to lose over things like taking drag without them, blue buff, red buff, A FUCKING PINK WARD, and so on. Toxicity isn't that static. If a raging person had no intention to win the game, they wouldn't be raging because they wouldn't care. The case you describe is a person who is toxic for the sole purpose of being toxic. I'd rather have the rager who performs well because I can mute them and they're at least competent. That's why in games when someone shows any signs of competence, I immediately begin focusing on them even if they're raging because I'll infinitely trust them to do better than the feeder. As for players who just decides you should lose the game, THAT isn't static because it will depend on the person and whether they care more about being petty than actually winning. However I'll just have you know, I've had more problems in games with bad players than raging competent players. Simply because the raging competent player I can solve by babysitting and handing them kills because either they'll stop raging at being behind, or they'll continue raging but will be in a position they can carry, at which point all I need to do is play around them. Babysitting a player who is absolutely terrible at the game and giving them kills is like encrusting a hunk of shit with jewels. Sure it will look nice but at the end of the day it's still just a hunk of shit and will do fucking nothing for me past look pretty.
: People like to post hypothetical conversations with toxic carry mains
Honestly, I used to think toxic people were a mystery but instead what I find even more curious is bad players. Let me explain that here: A toxic player is pretty simple to understand, they are frustrated and choose a poor way to vent their frustrations. A lot of the time in League the frustration you suffer is not at your own hands but instead the hands of other people. Initially this is what I couldn't fathom since I figured "If you're aware it is beyond your control, why get angry at the situation?" It's League reverts us back to our most primitive instincts. Something where communication falls by the wayside for more quick things such as simple and broken sentences, or pings which can be basically a primal grunt. So for a person to tackle the hurdle of thinking "Maybe it's beyond their control and maybe that is influencing them to play poorly so I shouldn't rage at them without knowing for sure" is a bit much. Especially when in their state they are likely feeling helplessness more than anything else. Which is what feeling will cause the most frustration of someone who doesn't like failure. School projects for example, if your project in a group is severely lacking and the deadline is the next day, odds are you aren't smiling and saying "It's okay guys!" Contrast, we have bad players who as of a couple years ago have become such an interesting topic for me. Not speculating on why they are bad, but their mannerisms are hilarious. For example, they'll preach about teamwork however don't actually incorporate it into their gameplay. Since to them, teamwork means "I'll throw you a heal every so often." and for them it doesn't expand much more past that. So when they're feeding excessively or performing really poorly, somebody is going to be justifiably upset. The bad player instead of being capable of thinking "I'm playing poorly, he's angry." Instead they just scream "omfg toxic, muted!" and instead just shut down entirely. Then it comes to any criticism towards them as being toxic. I have an earlier game as an example. I told my Lucian and Olaf: "Guys, I'm Zac outfarming you, can you please pick up your CSing?" and immediately our Rakan is screaming "OMFG THIS GUY IS SO TOXIC JUST MUTE HIM EVERYONE!" Ironically when we were pushed to the inhibs at 15 minutes I tossed up a surrender vote. Rakan declines and says "You're going to suffer for this Zac because you're toxic." As if he's somehow unable to fathom that his actions that game are far more damaging to the team and more toxic than my criticism of our carries being unable to farm properly. TL;DR - Bad players by performing poorly are infinitely more toxic than someone having a really bad game and raging about it. I get angry and vent in my one game, the next game I'm perfectly fine. The bad player is going to continue being bad in every game they play until they get better on their own. Potentially ruining hundreds of games vs the one game a rager will ruin. Hell you can even mute a rager. Especially since they're the ones provoking the hostile behavior. Very seldom is someone actually toxic just because, it's mostly because people on their team are excessively feeding and making the game impossible to win. Yet oddly are unable to make that logical connection, probably due to a lower level of intellect, in order to fix it. They instead just assume the world is out to get them and don't use it as drive to improve so people don't rage at them. It's kind of like a fat person saying "I don't want to be skinny, I just want everyone else around me to be fat." because to these people it's easier in their minds to force everyone else to act a way, instead of them having to put forth the effort to rectify it themselves. I began playing League and played poorly, got verbally abused. Eventually decided "I'm sick of this" and played custom games to figure out how to effectively maximize my farm. Noticed a lot less verbal abuse towards me, and a largely increased rate of performance.
Arduno (NA)
: How long would u stay sane?
I basically live in the same day over and over. I go to work, do the same boring routine. Come home and sleep. League even repeats itself so much to the point I can tell if a game is lost within 4 minutes based on how it's going.
: > [{quoted}](name=Burger and Fries,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=81z9fBX2,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-06-03T09:33:11.482+0000) > > Is Nunuman a person who doesn't want their face to be exposed online? Or is there a horrible joke I'm not getting? > > Either way, I apologize for failing to see the bigger issue here. Nunuman is Phane. Riot Damiya comitted suicide and those guys tried to turn it into a meme. it still in, amongst themselves. They figure it's funny to, instead of telling eachother to "kill themselves" they instead say...
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=81z9fBX2,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2017-06-03T09:35:32.316+0000) > > Nunuman is Phane. Riot Damiya comitted suicide and those guys tried to turn it into a meme. it still in, amongst themselves. They figure it's funny to, instead of telling eachother to "kill themselves" they instead say... I understand it's a high point of contention for you and I'm not exactly calling you wrong, though when you react like this, it's blood in the water to people like that. Something should be said and done yes, but not in this kind of state.
: I hate smokers. They don't care about themselves or others with their harmful smoking habits. Not to mention poor people who are homeless or have hardly anything still chain smoke when they could have saved their money to actually afford stuff but instead they waste it on like $18 a pack on cigarettes.
> [{quoted}](name=How Do You Meta,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=bJPzzZgo,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-06-03T13:43:10.839+0000) > > I hate smokers. > > They don't care about themselves or others with their harmful smoking habits. > > Not to mention poor people who are homeless or have hardly anything still chain smoke when they could have saved their money to actually afford stuff but instead they waste it on like $18 a pack on cigarettes. Yeah, they're about as obnoxious as kids with the biceps of a ramen noodle who sit behind a computer screen and bitch about how awful other people are concerning something entirely of their own choice. The audacity of smokers though. Like I don't even like smokers but I at least respect their right to ruin their lives. I'd also rather the company of a smoker than some 19 year old cuck virtue signalling about how great they think are because someone else opted to have self destructive habits.
Ahri Baka (EUNE)
: What to do if end up being in Bronze ?
Playing a ton of normal games before ranked really helps. If you get placed in Bronze I'd suggest normals and find your two roles you'll play. Once you focus on a role, focus on three champions and just spam games with them until you are performing well very consistently. At which point proceed to curbstomp Bronze into silver. Everyone always asks where one can improve and usually it's: Attitude, and Farm. Attitude is simple, I personally just dragged my chat bar off my screen and focused on my performance. Each loss was me still trying to improve the averages of my CS in an uphill battle. Focus on last hitting as a laner. Just go into a custom game and CS without contention until it's second nature. As a jungler, focus on maximizing your farm. Don't run yourself into uselessness by spamming ganks that do nothing. Make sure your jungle is always cleared. Make good calls for dragon (usually either double killing bot lane with no losses your end, or when you're in the area and kill their jungler. You can also push dragon when you see their jungler top.) Most of my games won (Peaked d3 on my main and was climbing really well in season 4 in a short period.) have been solo carried by me as jungle. Games in Platinum I'm able to solo carry just because of how dominant I become late game because I have equal to, or more farm than my solo laners. Usually end the game highest gold generated unless someone on my team got just spoonfed kills from a bad laner.
: Does it annoy anyone else when they see youtube channels with a ton of subscribers
It's the same as streaming. You need to have some crazy gimmick that gets people to you immediately like when Bjergsen came to NA and was riding a massive hype train of popularity for about two weeks straight. If you don't have that, then you need to start selling your soul and dignity by degrading yourself down to low-grade meme spamming and clickbait. I do feel really bad for the people who genuinely put in great effort to videos that are very comprehensive with about 30 minutes of quality content. Only to be outshined because some Youtubers who will commentate on a single match they played and consider it as "content". It honestly shouldn't come off as surprise why so many people ELO boost when the alternatives are hardly worth it. Not to mention it's significantly less stress to just trash low elo than to have to make content that appeals to people and then have to micromanage their individual feelings otherwise everything you build can be over in a night due to some petty drama.
: "Kills don't win games"
Kills or not, I'll end up with more gold than everyone else in the game because solo laners in every ELO I've played in (Across my seven different smurfs they range from B3 to D3) are either trash and can't farm or I'm just that much better at farming my jungle than other people.
: You know what's worse than Ez's that indescriminately rush tear?
I'unno. I just had a Shen on my smurf who never once ulted me in fights despite them not only focusing me, I was our strongest source of damage. After telling him he needed to figure out how to use the single ability his champion is ever picked for correctly if he wants to climb ELO. Immediately get the "LUL IM HIGHER RATING (than your smurf you intentionally keep in low silver to just pubstomp games on)" line of thinking ever so common in low elo. Decided to point out the fact his build was not only horribly wrong, his CS was incredibly low for somebody who had free farm for 20 minutes about. After spending three minutes outlining every little thing he did wrong that game that I was aware of to deflate his obnoxious ego. He instead just leaves the game after swearing in all chat. TBH, I really wish Riot would put in something that allows me to link my smurf and my main accounts so they can clearly see when I go from an account with 89% winrate on Nocturne over 30+ games to one where I'm building derp items like Bloodrazor against nontank teams that I'm not in that elo for any reason other than personal choice because low elo stomping is fun/ Actually Bootie, I recall you played with one of my accounts at the beginning of the season, you were I believe a Lulu. I probably played Hecarim or Nocturne, maybe Vi.
: What you're seeing is the new malzahar. - Gave sej a kit that reflects a fantasy nobody asked for - Overtuned raw numbers in order to make the new kit seem appealing - Introduced in a meta that heavily favors it - Given tools to survive in a fucked up meta (banshee's veil for extra security in mid lane for mal, tons of armor and MR for sej to survive jungle) It won't be long until sej gets nerfs in every part of her kit until she's not even the same playable champion she used to be (and yea, she wasn't bad pre mid season, her clear was just shit off raptors and krugs alone.)
Golems and wraith camp are one of the biggest problems for a ton of junglers. That's why wraiths are the most skipped camp this season. Golems have been historically the most ignored camp for junglers until this season. Now I see so many junglers in solo queue skip wraiths because unless you're Shyvana or something with a strong aoe, you'll take way too much damage from the camp. Even Nocturne who has a cleave with a heal built into it (weak heal to be fair) takes absurd amounts of damage because he can't consistently cleave them dead.
JMoormann (EUW)
: It's not like the jungle was much more balanced back in S3 and S4 though...
Except you could deviate from the meta and do very fine in season 3. I could jungle Zed and I did it often. Now it's you're pretty much bent over if you play something non-meta because the new jungle crushes everyone except five people. Those being champions who have ridiculously strong clear like Graves and are tickled by mobs. Jungle in season 3 was pretty much the best iteration and since then each season has gotten progressively more retarded. Also I can't think of many flaws about season 3 jungle. You could play anything without worry about the jungle abusing you until level 9. Dragon was global gold and xp so you weren't obligated to get it because it's free stats (dragon buffs are autistic as fuck), Rift Herald wasn't a thing. Jungle flowers weren't a thing. Spirit of the Elder Lizard is infinitely better than autistic smite sword + warrior enchant.
: if nerfing lee wouldn't stop lee players from palying him they would've nerfed him a while ago. they know that lee getting any real nerf would essentially cut his playerbase into pieces.
Remember that Lee Sin rework that was proposed back in 2014? Would have buffed him but put a bigger reliance on hitting his abilities. The response? People screamed it would break him into uselessness so Riot avoided it. Really pisses me off that Lee has had significantly more time in the jungle spotlight than anyone else. Not to mention if half of the shit happening to other champions happened to Lee, you know it'd be reverted in virtually no time. Zac got gutted in season 4 and was basically left there. If this was Lee he'd have been compensated. Kindred was built around the old jungle, this new jungle wrecks her too hard. She has hardly seen any help. Lee since release has had a grand total of half a season where he wasn't a dominant pick. No champion is allowed in the spotlight that long without tons of nerfs. Zac, Elise, Shaco, anything else in this stupid game, all get nerfed hard. Lee and Graves apparently are allowed to stay busted because his playerbase is mostly too retarded to play him correctly and abuse his strength. If Lee had the amount of people playing him as Hecarim in seasons 2, post nerf season 3, season 4 before he got popular and it was mostly just dedicated mains, his winrate would be much higher.
: I can't wait to just not have a health care plan instead
> [{quoted}](name=Social Justice 1,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=oi80JAZy,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-05-05T07:43:39.236+0000) > > I can't wait to just not have a health care plan instead Well given skyrocketing premium rate s, you'd have been there under Obamacare. Only difference is now you don't get anal'd on your taxes because you can't afford health insurance.
: Demon Hunters were a mistake
Yeah, demon hunters were a really terrible addition to WoW despite being something desired for so long. If Blizzard was going to release them it should have been during TBC where they could have actually fleshed the class a bit more. Right now it's literally Blizzard making something that combined the strong points of rogues, monks, and warriors then trying to roll it into a single class because they never really had a design goal in mind for them. There clearly wasn't anything during creation guiding them to a specific purpose. For example rogues in WoW are built around CC, or damage. Demon Hunters were something they desperately wanted everyone to like but it ended up being just a more retarded fury warrior that was given stuns like a rogue and the absurd mobility of a monk. >No it wasn't and he was never dead. Illidan is dead throughout the storyline and he gets resurrected by Gul'dan in Nighthold. Unsure of the full details but they take Illidan's imprisoned body out of the Vault of the Wardens, Gul'dan rips the soul from the body and during the fight is doing some ritual work for Illidan's body to be used as a vessel for Sargeras. It ends up backfiring and instead Illidan is resurrected and kills Gul'dan.
: TL;DR: Statists going to state. I can't wait till you and your ilk overplay your hand. Passed time the tree of liberty was refreshed. There's nothing more to say except that I hope I'm there to see it happen. No gods, no masters.
> [{quoted}](name=Incognonymous,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=LLNNWAGF,comment-id=000700010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-05-05T05:03:39.151+0000) > > TL;DR: Statists going to state. > > I can't wait till you and your ilk overplay your hand. Passed time the tree of liberty was refreshed. There's nothing more to say except that I hope I'm there to see it happen. > > No gods, no masters. Actually, if you knew anything about me as a person you'd know I'm the exact opposite of a statist and want as little government as possible. I merely stated what the government technically does have the authority to do as well as the legal standing to do. If you think for a second that's me being a statist then you're an idiot. Also lol, you couldn't have phrased that to sound like some edgy 15 year old anarchy advocate if you tried. Also hell, if people like you are my opposition politically, I think I'll be just fine. It's like when the 0-10 enemy ADC gets a shutdown, I'm not in any threat because you're too incompetent to pose a real threat. You're mostly just an annoyance. I don't say you're an idiot because of your viewpoint, I call you an idiot because you somehow managed to find it applicable to call me a statist despite everything I've said showing a strong dislike for centralized government and how corrupt it gets. Now do yourself a favor and actually understand what people are saying before responding. Better to let people think you're an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. In addition to this, I personally don't care what politics you maintain in your mind, even if you agreed with my views perfectly I'd call you an idiot. Simply because your education of your own stances, as well as the stances of others is so horribly lacking are shown to be less than par. You're about as informed as the morons thinking Russia hacked the American election instead of Hillary being the worst candidate to ever run for the presidency ever.
: Why is WW disabled?
I'd say Warwick is retarded, not disabled.
: > [{quoted}](name=XJ9lol,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=LLNNWAGF,comment-id=000700010000,timestamp=2017-05-05T04:10:58.171+0000) > > Unless you're going to employ that logic to its natural conclusion, you might want to drop that point otherwise you'll look like a hypocrite. Stop using words you don't know the meaning of. > Also, it may be your body, but it's their soil in which these goods are being sold. They could ban these things if they wanted because it's within their domain. They choose not to ban them in favor of allowing them, but heavily regulating their sales. They choose not to ban them because prohibition does not work and never will. But also because profit margins on vices are huge tax boons. > I mean yeah, it is your body, you could swallow cyanide for all I care. Though you need to be at least capable of grasping that "even though it's your body, it's their country where these goods are sold, therefore they can be regulated as they see fit." And I'm their constituent, they're supposed to be representing me, not their own fucking interests. This is America, not Soviet Russia.
> [{quoted}](name=Incognonymous,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=LLNNWAGF,comment-id=0007000100000000,timestamp=2017-05-05T04:32:18.430+0000) > > Stop using words you don't know the meaning of. No, using the "my body" argument is a two way street. That's why I said "Unless you're going to employ that logic to its natural conclusion, you might want to drop that point otherwise you'll look like a hypocrite." assuming you actually follow that logic thoroughly and not only when it benefits you. I guarantee you'd ditch the "my body" argument if it was a negative for your cause. You'll realize "my body" is a terrible argument used by morons when they don't have anything to back their points. It's my body, but I'm still required to get mandatory vaccinations and other various shots to be allowed to do most of anything. Though I'm willing to wager you support vaccinations being mandatory. > They choose not to ban them because prohibition does not work and never will. But also because profit margins on vices are huge tax boons. Doesn't matter if prohibition works or doesn't, the very fact that they're allowing these things to be sold in stores makes the point for me because that's all that's relevant. Now instead of trying to bring in irrelevant facts as if they apply, how about actually reading what I say and seeing where I am going. > And I'm their constituent, they're supposed to be representing me, not their own fucking interests. This is America, not Soviet Russia. They're also representing other people. They're not representing you specifically, the very fact you seem incapable of accepting that reality worries me. I personally think teaching evolution in schools should be banned unless you're going to allow kids to choose between either learning evolution, or creation because then it's fair regarding a very controversial issue. However I'm capable of accepting other people who are represented by the same people I am feel differently. My representative has to also represent them. Also keep in mind, you're not playing with all the cards here. Mostly you're just a dog that wants a bar of chocolate. You have no idea what you're referencing, or what will happen, all you see is "me want."
: No age restriction should go above 18. What should happen is disincentivization via sin taxes, and educational campaigns about the effects. That goes for alcohol, tobacco, weed, etc. This is America. You should be free enough to decide you want to do something and educated enough for that decision to actually be informed.
> [{quoted}](name=Incognonymous,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=LLNNWAGF,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2017-05-05T02:46:24.578+0000) > > No age restriction should go above 18. Fully disagree. Especially on things that are proven to be disastrous to your development until your mid 20s. Also, what's to stop them from bypassing this brainless logic based on nothing more than your opinion by making the age of legal adulthood whatever they feel the minimum age should be? > What should happen is disincentivization via sin taxes, and educational campaigns about the effects. Right, because that whole DARE (Drug and Alcohol Resistance Education) campaign shoved down the throats of kids in Middle School is clearly working out favorably. . . We already have these educational campaigns, the problem is people monopolize the education to push an agenda. This is why in DARE kids are told idiotic lies like marijuana is physically addictive (has a substance in it which makes it addictive). If we could be guaranteed there being a legitimate education then maybe it'd be worth having more drug education. However the more bullshit lies they tell kids that they'll find to be fake, the more legitimate risks and concerns are ignored as being just another lie. >That goes for alcohol, tobacco, weed, etc. This is America. You should be free enough to decide you want to do something and educated enough for that decision to actually be informed. If you think America's top priority is keeping people informed about the truth, you must be in a weird bubble of reality. America hasn't been intellectually honest in its education for decades. This is primarily due to certain people in power who have a lot to gain by keeping people uneducated. "Oh, welfare was the single most devastating thing to the black family? Well we can't really tell people about that or they won't support it. . . WELFARE HAS NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS EVER ANYONE!" I mean hell dude, I graduated in 2012 and in my final year we had a teacher who had such a blatant hard-on for socialism. Any time I tried to question him in class about the negative things caused by socialism (venezuela) he would go off on how it's a perfect system and all the racist republicans tainted its name. He even tried to argue that Democrats were the ones to abolish slavery when that's well known as being false. These are the kinds of people teaching kids and who would be the primary educators. You honestly think your kids would be given a fair education on anything? Whatever side was in power would twist what information they receive to suit their own needs. Marijuana is a big thing I could easily see under one party being the worst drug ever and it will kill you, then the other party saying it's the perfect drug and has no drawbacks whatsoever when they get into power. If power is to be gained by you being uninformed, or informed only with deception, better believe people will abuse that.
Show more

XJ9lol

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion