: Or just nerf her dmg, I was in a game yesterday, the guy using Leblanc was so bad, he was missing every ability, yet he managed to get fed just because you can't fail her q and w
> [{quoted}](name=Rodritron Yeah, I do think she is too strong right now. I don't like how Riot seems to take too long to nerf some champions that really should be nerfed. She does too much damage, has too much mobility on very low cooldown, and just too safe overall with her passive. Anyways thanks for comment.
Rioter Comments
: It's not a team game, it's a group game. Team implies that there's cohesion. But there isn't. Many times the level of preparedness, effort, and knowledge on a team is really lopsided. Too frequently, the ill-prepared are hoping those who've done their homework will show up.
> [{quoted}](name=RookPusher,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vEUmibyT,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-20T19:42:43.685+0000) > Team just means a group playing together, so doesn't it mean the same thing? And yes, the team/group that plays together more efficiently usually wins. This is more important than playing alone trying to get a lot of kills, its not worth it enough for the risk.
Rioter Comments
: > Ally and enemy ward should list the name of the player that placed that ward How about no? Enemies being able to see exactly who warded where and when would be giving up far too much free info
> [{quoted}](name=WhoIsThisDude,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=odpjhNEZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-14T23:27:21.884+0000) > > How about no? Enemies being able to see exactly who warded where and when would be giving up far too much free info Yeah I should've explained better. I meant just you and your allies can see your own wards. Enemy would only be able to see their wards as well.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Experiment: Community Patch Notes
{{item:3147}} Duskblade of Draktharrs blackout passive is too effective at destroying wards easily. We are making so you have to stay around the ward in order to disable it, as well as increasing its cooldown, since it is available too often. Passive: Blackout: When spotted by an enemy ward, ward location is revealed within a 100 unit radius circle. Standing in this circle for 2 seconds destroys the ward (120 second cooldown).
: Riot doesn't like their Frankensteins monster of reworked champs to get reasonable abilities
> [{quoted} Yeah I know what you mean. It's funny how many different things there are to 1 ability sometimes. I hate when they do that. That's part of the reason many of the new champions are released overpowered.
Rioter Comments
: I don't think such a system would work out well. There are some factors you didn't consider here. _____________________ **Some champions belong in more than 1 subclass** To give an example: {{champion:3}} Galio is best described as a mixture between Battlemage and Warden, meaning that he would fit in both, your mage and tank class system. How are you going to handle him, especially since Riot encouraged Galio building some AP instead of pure tank in the last time? _____________________ **AP vs AD** You say that all assassins should share that same passive encouraging them building AD. What about these: {{champion:105}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:245}} They want to build AP and they don't care for lifesteal. There are also some other weird cases: {{champion:126}} Artillery Mage building AD {{champion:60}} Diver (so: Fighter) building AP {{champion:68}} {{champion:8}} Manaless Battlemages _____________________ **Unique Playstyle Group** Some champions are no longer part of any of the subclasses Riot has defined, but are part of a new "unique playstyle" group. They all are playing completely different, what are you going to do with these? {{champion:41}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:104}} _____________________ **Different Early Game Impact** Let's make a comparison between Fighter and Assassin, for example. You state that Fighters should start with less AD than others to compensate the bonus AD they get from their itemization. Having less AD at the start is a pretty big disadvantage, it makes last hitting harder and especially since many fighters are auto attacking alot, they will be weaker in the early game. Meanwhile it doesn't seem like Assassins would lose any fighting power. You give them lifesteal and MS. Since many Assassins have tons of mobility in their kit already, it probably wouldn't be so bad if they have a bit less base MS than others. And champs start without any lifesteal anyway. So their early game disadvantage is smaller than for fighters. Sure, the stats in your system can be changed, but the point is: Unifying all these stats for all champions of a class is not as easy as it might seem. There are many factors to consider. And it would limit design options for Riot in a bad way, IMO.
> [{quoted}](name=SatomiKun,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=cfcyZEW1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-02T07:22:11.133+0000) > > I don't think such a system... Hi, thanks for your response. Yeah when I made this post, I didn't think through all the possible champions, I was giving a summary of how my system would work. Yeah, those hybrid class champions would need some other kind of scaling, your right. Also, it would make sense for assassins to have less MS at start, that makes sense. For the unique champions you listed (Gangplank/Azir/Heimerdinger/Graves/Rumble/Vladmir), yeah I'm not sure what stat bonus could be given to them, but I think one could be figured out. If you have your ideas, please say what you think. It's funny though, because Riot limits design as it is by forcing certain playstyles on certain champion (Galio for example, or Zyra only for support mage), and I don't think they should do that. I think it would be nice to have more than 1 or 2 classes of champions played in any of the 4 roles (which is kinda how it is now, but not so much since you still have almost all tanks/fighters in top, mages in mid, only support and jungle has more variety). Of course, there should be specific class champions where you can only play a certain way (like Brand is only useful if he builds mostly AP), but having other champions where you can play differently on is nice too. On a side thing, I also think cooldown reduction plays a huge part in balancing the game. This is because some champion abilities are inherently much more useful than others, and so having those on less cooldown makes a much bigger difference than other abilities (basically, some abilities benefit much more from CDR than others). This is why I believe cooldown reduction should be removed, as this would allow Riot to balance each champion better, based on the strength of the ability.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Elipo (NA)
: Most of the manaless champions you mention are assasins and don't offer anything for their teams besides raw damage, meaning they either feast or starve. That is their main drawback. When behind they are conpletly useless to their teams. A heavy cc or utility champion (most of them use mana) doesn't have this drawback. Even when behind their cc can still be useful for their team. I think that is a way of balancing. I do think, though that high damage plus utility plus no mana does become messy. But so far the only ones that go into that category that I can think about are mele bruisers aka as Garen, but you can counter him with range. ACTUALLY ALL OF THE NO MANA CHAMPIONS ARE MELEe. Imo costs on abilities is only one factor in balancing the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Elipo,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=GfQFbFzE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-01-24T02:53:08.474+0000) > > Most of the manaless champions you mention are assasins and don't offer anythung for their teams besides raw damage, meaning they either feast or starve. That is their main drawback. When behind they are conpletly useless to their teams. A heavy cc or utility champion (most of them use manan) doesn't have this drawback. Even when behind their cc can still be useful for their team. I think that is a way of balancing. > > I do think, though that high damage plus utility plus no mana does become messy. But so far the only ones that go into that category that I can think about are meke bruisers aka as Garen, but you can couNter him with range. ACTUALLY ALL OF THE NO MANA CHAMPIONS ARE MELE. Imo costs on abilities is only ine factor in balancing the game. Eight of the 22 champions manaless champions are assassins: Katarina, Akali, Yasuo, Zed, Lee Sin, Rengar, Tryndamere, and Riven. Assassins are usually vulnerable in lane because they don't have CC (usually) so that's why they aren't picked in competitive play in lanes. However, assassins can work really well in the jungle if you can get your other lanes ahead early game. Some of the best ones are Kha'Zix, Rengar, Lee Sin, and even Evelynn. You would need to have other sources of CC on your team though, like your Top or Support. Gnar is a bit overpowered I think because he has pretty good damage, moderate utility, no mana costs, and he is also pretty tanky. But he is probably one of the only champions like that. Shen and Rek'Sai (when he was stronger) were also really good for the same reasons. Yes I know there are many factors in balancing the game, but I was saying that cooldown on abilities is actually one of the important ones. Many of the overpowered champions over time have usually had either very high damage, too much CC duration, or too low cooldowns on certain abilities. Anyways, thanks for commenting.
Rioter Comments
: Can we rework Rylais into a healthier AP item? Pitch your ideas!
Here are my ideas for Rylai's Crystal Scepter: Cost: 2900 gold ------------------------------ - 400 HP - 50 AP UNIQUE Passive: Crystallizing Frost - Hitting an enemy champion with an ability grants a stack of crystal frost (up to 4 stacks), and applies a slow on the target champion based on stacks: - 1 Stack: 10% slow for 1 sec. - 2 Stacks: 20% slow for 1 sec. - 3 Stacks: 30% slow for 1 sec. - 4 Stacks: All stacks consumed for bonus magic damage, or 40% slow for 1 sec if Crystallizing Frost is on cooldown. Stacks last 4 seconds and fade if you do not hit the same champion with another ability. Acquiring 4 Stacks immediately consumes all stacks to deal 150 bonus magic damage (+0.10 AP) and makes the target vulnerable, granting you +20 magic penetration on that champion for 4 seconds. Cannot be used on the same champion for 30 seconds if Crystallizing Frost acquires and consumes 4 stacks. Allied champions abilities hit on the same champion do not add stacks to you.
: I'll stop banning Zoe when Riot reworks her Mario Kart W to not be wildly unpredictable.
I agree that Zoe's W is hard to balance. I actually am surprised a champion has such an ability. For the argument: Zoe's W is RNG based, meaning it can give her a spell that isnt useful - this argument doesn't work. In any situation, Zoe can only benefit from this ability. There are no drawbacks to it. Even if she picks up a spell shard that isnt useful verses the enemy champion she faces (even so which spell is really unuseful?), she can still use it against another enemy champion. Zoe's W is actually extremely useful no matter what. I think it's a very bad idea for an ability and should be changed.
Rioter Comments
Siyther (NA)
: you know what we need? Ill be blunt, a reason to keep playing this. Period. They fuck us giving us "craptastic rewards" for doing so and their promise of something to spend all this Blue essance on, is a shop with nothing in it worth a fuck. Id honestly be ok with if we could spend our essence on skins or something worthwhile. Since we own all the champs what the fuck is there to do. Unless u just want to grind out bronze there is literaly no reason to play anymore. We are not getting fairly rewarded for doing so. If you are a new player im sure it be a great experiance but as someone who has played since season 4 spent ip and rp to buy all champs and runes i feel duped. I feel like riot doesnt care what the player base is saying, i feel like quitting. I feel bad cause ive put so much time in.
Riot should do a system where things can be purchased by RP or Blue Essence, but making it more expensive to purchase using BE. For example, you can buy a 1000 RP worth using 1000 RP or 2000 BE. So, it would cost twice as much if you decide to purchase with Blue Essence.
: I think the damage is to high late game, and think riot needs to nerf it that way. Basically anyone that takes gathering storm turns a tank into a squishy.
Yes, and things get out of control too fast. They probably will nerf many of the Runes. Is gathering storm one of the runes?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: That was my point exactly! (Only sorta the other way around) Boards often times makes posts that start flaming about how a champion is busted or broken due to high winrate/playrates. So I wondered, are these champions oppressive in game? Or are the numbers more of an illusion. Are people just looking for something to complain about? Or do they genuinely find these champions oppressive, and the best argument they have is the winrate/playrate!
The winrate/pickrate/banrate of a champion is used as evidence to show that they are too strong. Why would someone just hate a champion just because of high winrate, that makes no sense. Also using the argument : this champion has already been nerfed several times actually goes to show that the champion was overpowered to begin with, or it wouldnt have been nerfed.
Rioter Comments
Mannny (NA)
: This is so incorrect it's almost sad. Let me give you a lesson on champion roles, and why some have mobility and some don't. Champions who fill the role of being a skirmisher or an assassin have the most mobility, they need it to kill people. That is their job. {{champion:103}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:164}} {{champion:157}} all fill this role. **it is their job to be mobile.** Champions that don't have much mobility are usually bulky juggernauts and tanks who are there to soak up loads of damage and have tons of CC, or are good at not dieing and can disrupt fights with their consistent damage. {{champion:57}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:111}} fill this role. Do you understand why Yasuo has his mobility now? If Yasuo had no mobility like the others I listed as tanks and juggernauts, he would get insta-bursted like an assassin and wouldn't have any CC to suffice for his lack of damage. Learn to counter instead of looking to nerf. It won't happen.
I guess I should have been more clear what I meant, my bad. I understand that skirmishers or assasins need to have mobility in order to get to enemies to kill them, I just believe Yasuo has a little too much, given how good his other abilities are. Funny enough though I do like him as a champion, its cool and all, but thats why it would be nice to have his dashes cut back a little, his reputation has been ruined because he is just too good of a champion. And also, it doesnt matter too much if he is squishy, if he can escape so easily. Notice I only mentioned his high mobility, I think his other abilities are fine like they are, so Im being very fair here, a lot more than others who just ask to remove Yasuo or remove all his abilities lol. Anyways thanks for the comment.
: "Malphite/Rammus are getting a VGU so they weren't picked for the tank update"
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: you get all the upvotes
Haha thanks for repley. Yeah I hate that sometimes you get into game and bam, you have bad connection.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments

XdistortionzX

Level 175 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion