: > [{quoted}](name=XenaPhobiaFTW,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TllGET2y,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-15T06:26:50.791+0000) > > Your post has been downvoted, my post has been downvoted. There is no argument being made. This board is proving my point to the hilt. Maybe they were downvoted because you're wrong but people dont uave the time to argue why with you? My experience on the Boards has been nothing close to yours and it's too bad you've experienced what you have, but let's be honest: some things are boring and others are simply wrong and not worth posting in. Voting system working as intended in that regard.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TllGET2y,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-15T06:37:36.400+0000) > > Maybe they were downvoted because you're wrong but people dont uave the time to argue why with you? My experience on the Boards has been nothing close to yours and it's too bad you've experienced what you have, but let's be honest: some things are boring and others are simply wrong and not worth posting in. Voting system working as intended in that regard. The word of a paid shill is worth less than a crooked penny to me. I'm objectively not wrong. The flaw of Reddit and boards like Reddit boils down to something very simple. Popularity. This is not an anonymous board, reputation and popularity influence how people will judge whether someone is correct or incorrect and influence the way they view a post. Reddit with their beta bux gold and platinum and upvote system is a hugbox for egotistical degenerates who circle jerk over popular opinions. Upvote style boards work when the board is anonymous, but with an anonymous board upvotes lose meaning because there is no reputation and no credit to the individual making a post. So no. *you're* wrong. Just like with Reddit, this board is controlled by a small clique of popular gatekeepers whose opinions will be upvoted no matter what and everything else is left to the contrarian clique who will, for example, argue that Nubrac was wrong to do what he did without communicating but then downvote a post about bringing back the refusal to communicate report opinion. *you* are wrong. I could build a Rube Goldberg machine that leads to a boot on a spring bouncing up and kicking me in the nuts, it works as intended but the intended product is still a kick in the nuts. The Reddit style board works as intended, because the intended function is to pander to the lowest common denominator and suppress wrongthink or unconventional ideas in favour of the popular opinion, and I can see by your post and your downvote on my post that it is indeed working as intended.
: > [{quoted}](name=XenaPhobiaFTW,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rn83N0qd,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-15T03:43:28.807+0000) > > > > tl;dr. I agree OP I don't know a lot about the deeper science of it but I just had some feelings. I was trying to come up with some counter-arguments to my thought and I said "well isn't the beaver just following some natural evolutionary impulse to build a dam? It's not the same as human tool-making and use" That's when I realized this is a totally backwards way of thinking.
> [{quoted}](name=Giggle Physics,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rn83N0qd,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-15T05:59:45.609+0000) > > I don't know a lot about the deeper science of it but I just had some feelings. I was trying to come up with some counter-arguments to my thought and I said "well isn't the beaver just following some natural evolutionary impulse to build a dam? It's not the same as human tool-making and use" That's when I realized this is a totally backwards way of thinking. Join my discord if you want, this is mostly all we talk about. https://discord.gg/frcFKCA
: I agree 100%, as far as I can tell, it's a reflection of an unfortunate aspect of today's society. It's all about external validation. People are constantly discouraged from having any conviction in their own thoughts anymore unless they get some kind of positive reinforcement from someone else that "yes that is an OK thing to think / say!" I clash with people often because I don't give a shit what you or your grandma or your dog think, I have my opinions and if you don't like them you can take your objections and shove them somewhere moist.
> [{quoted}](name=Will of Noxus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TllGET2y,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-15T05:46:03.949+0000) > > I agree 100%, as far as I can tell, it's a reflection of an unfortunate aspect of today's society. It's all about external validation. People are constantly discouraged from having any conviction in their own thoughts anymore unless they get some kind of positive reinforcement from someone else that "yes that is an OK thing to think / say!" > > I clash with people often because I don't give a shit what you or your grandma or your dog think, I have my opinions and if you don't like them you can take your objections and shove them somewhere moist. Your post has been downvoted, my post has been downvoted. There is no argument being made. This board is proving my point to the hilt.
Callnopex (EUW)
: My account got hacked and now is perma banned.
This happened to me on one of my accounts. Just create a support ticket, riot will see the IPs are different and will most likely give you a one time reversal. That's what happened to me when my first account got perma'd for using 3rd party software when someone hijacked it.
Terozu (NA)
: ...Isn't this like, unironically what they tried to do when making Runes Reforged?
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8vyLpiKE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-15T03:33:41.252+0000) > > ...Isn't this like, unironically what they tried to do when making Runes Reforged? Unironically runes reforged was a terrible terrible move. All it did was allow fresh level 30s to jump into ranked. I liked the old system where people had to "farm" (aka... play the game... and get experience... and essentially practice) IP to purchase rank 3 runes to be viable in ranked gameplay. It was a positive form of gatekeeping and anyone who didn't do it ended up with like... a 72MMR lmao. Of course you could say something similar today but no... it's not like that... I see people in bronze (my second account is frozen in ELO hell, my main account is plat 4) with literally a million points on their champ (only one Kai'sa) and an average of about 50-100k points on their champ matched with people who have 4k points on their champ, or 0 points on their champ. People who are level 200+ matched with people who are fresh 30s, or against people who are unranked. The old system was better and Rito screwed the pooch by meddling with it... by homogenizing rune and mastery pages where people literally only play fleet footwork, conqueror and grasp except for a few niche picks like kayle top which sucks now that klepto has been nerfed.
Rioter Comments
: When was the last time you purchased a skin
I'm not giving Riot a single cent until they fix the dumpster fire that is ranked. Every skin I own is one I have gotten for free.
OccuIt (NA)
: Vayne: Has to do literal backflips in order to be a successful carry
Yeah the amount of lifesteal in this game means that adcs like kog, trist and twitch can sit there and facetank 1v1s and 2v1s most of the time once they're farmed and come out on top. Comparing ADCs in the current game is like saying "well a hydrogen bomb is better than a plutonium bomb", to a Hiroshima survivor.
: They have. You just somehow thought it was easier to ask the boards instead of google: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752954-Matchmaking-Guide
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QOo60fIA,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-15T04:40:55.849+0000) > > They have. > > You just somehow thought it was easier to ask the boards instead of google: > > https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752954-Matchmaking-Guide Yes and that's an obvious and demonstrable lie when I and plenty of other people have broached the subject of games that end 6 to 27. The matchmaker is *not* 50% +/- 1%.
: [Discussion]: Matchmaking
What is there to discuss? about 60% of my games are complete dumpster fires where 2-4 of my teammates feed 15 kills before I get my first death (top main) Doesn't matter if I win lane, doesn't matter if I out farm. I'm quitting until riot fixes this complete trash fire of an excuse for matchmaking if I get another game that goes 7-33. THAT'S NOT BALANCED. My winrate was 55% 3 weeks ago. it's now 47% purely because I promote once and then get 4 window lickers on my team. I'm not being dramatic when I say if I get another game in a row (it will be the 5th game in a row) I'm quitting and playing SC2 or a single player game until Riot fixes this asinine bullshit. *edit* "Learn to carry" used to mean something. You *used* to be able to carry 2-4 ass hats if you were good enough. Now, because of the amount of snowball in this game, it doesn't matter if I've got 300cs and 5 items built with only 2 or 3 careful picks and 0-2 deaths, I'll end up going 4/6 or 5/8 while the rest of my team is 1/12 or 2/16 Something is seriously wrong and I'm NOT having fun. Another thing I've noticed is that I am NEVER on the team that goes 30+ kills against the enemy's 5 kills. I have NEVER once been on the team where everyone completely face stomps the other team. I win my lane more often than not. I take my tower first more often than not. (Olaf, Tryn and Urgot are my go to picks unless I have to hard counter something stupid like quinn top) and I can split push ALL day long, I can't stop 3-5 fed enemies solo. Last game I literally had a jax who didn't know how his counterstrike worked. I've also noticed too, that I only get these games between about 7pm and 7am my time. All of my win streaks happen from around 9am to noon-1pmish and then it's feed city. Something is really going wrong when I'm being matched with people who have 200 ping and 26% winrates (like the morde jungle on my team) something is seriously seriously wrong.
: > [{quoted}](name=XenaPhobiaFTW,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QEXTNUVk,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-07-13T00:40:12.532+0000) > > Could be worse, your idiot teammates could feed for 15 minutes then 4/5 surrender in ranked during your promo game. You call this worse? Having feeders that actually fuckin surrender is called a great day.
> [{quoted}](name=FioraWillCarry,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QEXTNUVk,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-07-15T04:18:03.625+0000) > > You call this worse? Having feeders that actually fuckin surrender is called a great day. Not when you're a 250cs trynd who's literally split pushing the enemy inhib as they surrender.
: Riot needs to clarify how matchmaking works
It's really simple OP. If you have 2 wins your next game is going to be a shit show. If you have 8 losses, Riot will pair you with idiots against slightly worst idiots and expect you to carry.
: I doubt it tbh.
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rn83N0qd,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-15T03:52:23.624+0000) > > I doubt it tbh. You doubt what.
: Does anyone out there remember humans are animals?
I feel like this topic should get locked so I don't get banned from writing 30 paragraphs about human biological determinism, clustered genetic variance, and biological realism, taxonomical revisionism and refute the "out of africa theory" with the multi-regional hypothesis. Yes, humans are animals. There are approximately 16 different X chromosome haplogroups with different roots and origins and places of derivation, there are some 4-5 mtDNA haplogroups each with their own derivation and origins. The human "race" is far more nuanced and complex than social scientists and pop-science like Bill Nye want to lead gullible idiots into believing. In all of nature there is NO equality, there is *order*, there is the *order* of life, the Lion eats the Gazelle, the Gazelle eats the grass, the dead fertilize new growth to feed the herbivores, the herbivores feed the carnivores, and the cycle is complete. There is order and structure and perfect harmony. As Nasus says "The cycle of life and death continues", all organisms compete for survival, for space, for resources, for breeding and sustenance. "Human beings" need to be reordered on the taxonomical tree. There is a smaller biological divergence between Chimpanzees and Bonobos than between Native Sami people of Sweden and Sub-Saharan Africans. We recognize the differences in "lesser organisms" like lower order apes; IE... chimps and bonobos, but we WILL not turn the lens towards ourselves... There *are* distinct sub-species within the genus "homo" and they should be recognized for what they are. There are 14 different sub-species of brown bear classed, scientifically classed, as *races* of brown bear and we understand this and accept this. The "Human race" is no different. Even among Europeans, the structure of the foot can show from which region we're descended, Celts, Romans and Germanic descendants have different foot shapes and different phalanx (toe bones) structures. We adapt and evolve to thrive in a set environment, no different from the Kodiak and Grizzly, two subspecies of brown bear... it would be morally and ethically wrong to force the mixture of Kodiak and Grizzly bears by artificially introducing one to the other environment, and so... as an intellectually honest person I have to assert that human sub-species conservationism is an integral facet of any environmental protectionism. As Madison Grant once said; "No man has divine commission to pollute the streams with sawdust, to destroy the forest with axe and fire, or to kill every living thing within reach of trap, shot or poisoned bait. The mere fact that man has the power to destroy does not, in itself, confer a right" I find it morally reprehensible to disrupt the order of nature that has emerged through reproductive success for the sake of proving some arbitrary moral supposition. tl;dr. I agree OP
Rioter Comments
: Just for ONCE can we have a meta where ADC aren't the best champions in the game
Dunno what you're doing in S9 but in every game I've played, ADCs are basically peeling supports for whichever juggernaut roams the most, Garen, Darius, Nasus, etc. Nasus players be like "Hey ADC, play ashe so you can slow my meals for me"
: Can we fix solo q Simple solutions.
I have literally the opposite problem. Main account plat 4, my second account is literally permalocked in bronze 4. Every time I get matched, I get matched against people who are either win-trading (no evidence to support this but god damn...) or against smurfs who snowball by 5 minutes where the scoreboard is 2 to 17 by 10 minutes. I can't get my gimped account out of bronze, no matter what. The "Just learn to carry" argument *does not* apply to season 9. I honestly think the balance issues are the result of two things 1. Tencent and Rito want people to spend money on TFT stuff 2. The current lawsuit Both of these things have league basically sitting on the back burner. My main account was ranked gold 2 and I carried to plat 4 in 150 wins. My other account is stuck going 1 win 1 loss, 2 wins 3 losses, 2 wins 1 loss, 1 win 1 loss, etc. The level of imbalance in low ELO is *absurd* right now. Games are either kinda fun, kinda okay, or complete rofl stomps where my 4 "at elo" teammates feed 20-30 kills and I'm the last person to die, and the scoreboard ends 6 to 41 or something absurd like that. The problem exists across all ELOs. I'd like to report on silver, but I haven't gotten my alt there yet.
: Kind of a Rant
Yeah well, Riot would rather introduce more game breaking bullshit instead of nerfing Tahm Kench's shield.
: > [{quoted}](name=XenaPhobiaFTW,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lM96Fjk4,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-13T21:11:54.340+0000) > > You know what frustrates the hell of out me regarding people like you? So many people on these forums jumped to defend that teemo support who got banned for "not communicating with his team" and yet I get responses like this when I say "we need to bring back the refusing to communicate" report option. > > It's really frustrating and I wish you people could pick a lane, honestly I think you people just like to argue no matter what, you'll take any position making you contrarians. You'll argue one thing one day then flip your position and argue the opposite just because it gives you a sense of elitism. > > I want the game to be better. I want trolls and casuals out of ranked. I want people who refuse to communicate in a meaningful way banned from the game. Those who defended him naturally would...he didn't communicate either. I don't mind casuals in ranked (they're going to be in lower elo anyway, but at least they *are* trying when they play) but I'm in hard agreeance with the trolls. The problem regarding communication is already mentioned: most people used the "refusal to communicate" report as to say "this guy didn't fucking listen to me." The only way to combat a lack of communication is to attempt to communicate *more*, and hope that people are open to attempting to communicate back. I will agree that a large part of game quality failing is at least partially due to everyone deciding not to communicate anymore, but as I'm sure you know, that lack of communication is in large part a side effect of the fact that honestly, this community (including myself, if we're gonna go there...) is flat out toxic in-game. Nobody likes to hear that, and I'm gonna get downvoted, but I really don't give a shit, cause it's true, and to be blunt, fuck people who can't handle the truth. >.> But therein lies the problem: there's the people like me who wanna call out every fault and fallacy...and there are the people who cannot admit there's a problem with their gameplay. Both can be considered elitist in their own way, both are equally at fault for about 80% of LoL toxicity, and it's possible for the same person to encompass both halves of this (read: some people have a fucking god complex, and many of them are in gold thru diamond) and are literally impossible to communicate with in any way. Honestly, a lot of the playerbase doesn't communicate because (and this will also get me downvoted) they've given up. Nubrac included - he admitted he sees little value in or point in attempting to communicate in game due to this. I still think that's a shitty excuse...but it has validity. In order to fix the communication problem, the first problem that needs to be solved is that of acceptance. Acceptance that some players are newer, or better, or worse, and that you will need to adapt and play more around them than your bread-and-butter strat. Acceptance that sometimes, you can be the problem, and you need to re-evaluate and listen to your teammates more. Acceptance that though there are going to be errors in gameplay, sometimes it's simply better to stfu and focus more on covering those mistakes than it is bashing every mistake a person makes. Only after all of that can there be acceptance that certain people are truly beyond attempting to work with, and need to be banned. (None of the above pertaining to you in general, but to the playerbase as a whole. That accountability and acceptance *must* fall on *everyone* to make this community a better place...which is why we're totally fucked. >.> )
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lM96Fjk4,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-13T21:54:21.397+0000) > > Those who defended him naturally would...he didn't communicate either. > > I don't mind casuals in ranked (they're going to be in lower elo anyway, but at least they *are* trying when they play) but I'm in hard agreeance with the trolls. > > The problem regarding communication is already mentioned: most people used the "refusal to communicate" report as to say "this guy didn't fucking listen to me." The only way to combat a lack of communication is to attempt to communicate *more*, and hope that people are open to attempting to communicate back. I will agree that a large part of game quality failing is at least partially due to everyone deciding not to communicate anymore, but as I'm sure you know, that lack of communication is in large part a side effect of the fact that honestly, this community (including myself, if we're gonna go there...) is flat out toxic in-game. Nobody likes to hear that, and I'm gonna get downvoted, but I really don't give a shit, cause it's true, and to be blunt, fuck people who can't handle the truth. >.> > > But therein lies the problem: there's the people like me who wanna call out every fault and fallacy...and there are the people who cannot admit there's a problem with their gameplay. Both can be considered elitist in their own way, both are equally at fault for about 80% of LoL toxicity, and it's possible for the same person to encompass both halves of this (read: some people have a fucking god complex, and many of them are in gold thru diamond) and are literally impossible to communicate with in any way. > > Honestly, a lot of the playerbase doesn't communicate because (and this will also get me downvoted) they've given up. Nubrac included - he admitted he sees little value in or point in attempting to communicate in game due to this. I still think that's a shitty excuse...but it has validity. In order to fix the communication problem, the first problem that needs to be solved is that of acceptance. > > Acceptance that some players are newer, or better, or worse, and that you will need to adapt and play more around them than your bread-and-butter strat. > Acceptance that sometimes, you can be the problem, and you need to re-evaluate and listen to your teammates more. > Acceptance that though there are going to be errors in gameplay, sometimes it's simply better to stfu and focus more on covering those mistakes than it is bashing every mistake a person makes. > > Only after all of that can there be acceptance that certain people are truly beyond attempting to work with, and need to be banned. > > (None of the above pertaining to you in general, but to the playerbase as a whole. That accountability and acceptance *must* fall on *everyone* to make this community a better place...which is why we're totally fucked. >.> ) I agree with literally everything you said. The problem I see then is that there are so few roles and so few champions that can carry a game. This isn't dota 2 where a Lina can switch from being support to carry mid game, or a Lion, or a Skywrath or an Undying, etc. Itemization and, frankly, the AD/AP/AR/MR system rather than the STR/AGI/INT system of dota doesn't allow champions to switch their tactics up midgame and actually come from behind a feeding or incompetent troll "carry" to bust out a 1250 damage Laguna Blade with aghanim's scepter and follow up with a level 5 dagon clickie. In this game, if you're a soraka support, or a naut jungle/support you're at the mercy of your team. If, and I agree 100% with you, the problem is *that* then champs need to be buffed to dota 2 levels or the system needs to be brought to heel in some other way to make a 4v5 possible. These stats speak volumes https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/35in3r/4v5_some_statistical_analysis/ and I'd argue that a feeding team mate or even two is just as bad or worse than an afk meaning the stats are comparable. So then what is the solution to this problem?
: > [{quoted}](name=XenaPhobiaFTW,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lM96Fjk4,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-07-13T21:00:20.997+0000) > > If I'm the only player on my team with a positive KDA who has taken objectives then I am the default carry on my team and yes, in these situations, FOLLOW ME AND MY ORDERS TO VICTORY. If you want more control over your teammates then you're free to form a premade where everyone agrees to make you the shot-caller and follow your orders. But people don't have to follow your orders even if you have the best KDA.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lM96Fjk4,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-07-13T22:12:03.688+0000) > > If you want more control over your teammates then you're free to form a premade where everyone agrees to make you the shot-caller and follow your orders. > > But people don't have to follow your orders even if you have the best KDA. Team game. Carry is the shot caller, anyone who disagrees should be banned. Period. Go play normals with that attitude.
: 90% of the games i played the the last week i had
Yep. I've noticed this, inb4 conspiracy theory. I've noticed that I *never* get on the team that has 30+ kills against the other team. I've noticed that I am *always* the victim of this and never the beneficiary of this. I either have to play my ass off in a fair game to win, OR I may as well afk because bot and mid and jg have fed 25 kills by 10 minutes and I'm sitting top 2/0/0 wondering what the fuck is going on. Then my lane TPs bot, I'm pinging like crazy for them to pull back before he gets there, trying to CC him before he does... nope, nevermind DOUBLE KILL, now we're even, then I get 2 or 3 v 1'd and it's gg. I hate this game. I'd say about 30-40% of my games in the last 2 weeks have been like this.
LilJango (EUNE)
: losing almost every ranked game i play
inb4 "just play better" It's a lie. These people base the "just play better" bullshit on a few streamers they watch who are diamond 1s and masters and challengers. There is no "play better" when your team decides to feed 20 kills by 10 minutes and you're sitting in lane like "guys....? uhhh... guys? Oh god... why! NOOOOOOOOO" going 1/0/2 for the first 15 minutes with 150 CS and magically your enemy lane comes back with 3 kills that your bot fed him for some reason despite you pinging missing and watching him TP away, giving them the alert ping they decide "heh, we can 2v4 easily, we're only 2-7 and 0-6, this time we definitely got this fight, they'll never expect this therefore we'll take them by surprise and win" "An ally has been slain"
Accenix (NA)
: Riot's idea of playing with ranked.
inb4 someone accuses you of being a conspiracy theorist. For the record everything you said makes sense to me and I 100% believe it. Riot is a corporate entity, their a subsidiary of Tencent. Their ONLY goal is to make money and show quarterly earnings. They'll do whatever is necessary to guarantee those earnings to their shareholders. This is why "influencers" and "riot partners" get free skins and a limited number of skin codes to give away as prizes to their viewers. It's literally all one big marketing scheme. Of course Riot would probably handicap popular streamers and youtubers and give them better winrates. Anyone who believes otherwise doesn't understand capitalism or corporations.
: The Good, The Bad, and the League: 6/27 - 7/10
Are you going to fix the matchmaking problem that I and half the boards have complained about
: Fix your ass matchmaking
>crying about farming under tower... But.... I always freeze my lane just outside of tower range?
: 29-1........LIKE HOW THE FUCK......
I just ranted about this to my girlfriend actually. 1.I have NEVER been on the team that rofl-stomps. I am always the victim of it after winning a promotion, I get 2-3 games in a row that are complete shitstomps and then I demote and start getting normal games again. 2. The smurf problem is a *real* problem. 3. There are not enough report options and riot gives infinite chances to trolls but will instantly permaban someone for saying something "too toxic" 4. Matchmaking is broken. Literally every game I've played can be described as thus A. I come from behind after losing top lane as either Tryn or Urgot and end up with a positive score late game after pushing towers and farming B. I struggle but overcome my lane and roam, securing the win with my team C. The game is close and the last teamfight determines everything, 50/50 win loss. D. I my team gets their shit literally stomped, they never ward, they try to "rotate" through the enemy jungle solo and get 2v1'd to death every time, I'm sitting in my lane with a ward in the river farming and 1/0/0 or 0/0/1 or some such score, maybe 1/1/2 but not a bad score going even or better against my enemy laner in CS who then disappears and comes back to lane with 3 kills, stomps my ass by 20 minutes and we lose by 25 because everyone else has gone 0-6, 0-7, 2-9, 1/4 and I don't know what the fuck happened. It NEVER works in my benefit. I have **NEVER** been on that team that snowballs like crazy and everyone else on the other team sucks balls at the game. NEVER NEVER NEVER has it been me, it's always been *against* me.
Sukishoo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=XenaPhobiaFTW,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lM96Fjk4,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-13T20:59:41.462+0000) > > Do you people have a word doc where you can copy/paste the most non-sequitur responses to whichever thread you come into? No shit there are other ways to communicate. The problem is people DON'T ping missing. People DON'T ping dragon, people DON'T say a word. People don't do shit in at *least* 30% of my games, I am the only one pinging and communicating. Isn't there a rule about fruitful discussion on this board? How is your cookie cutter, nonsense, not really a response to my post-post a "fruitful" response? You literally just ignored the premise of the thread and made some stupid comment, you may as well have said "birds go tweet, the grass is green unless you're from Kentucky" Man are you a toxic one. Good luck staying around these parts acting like that towards people.
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lM96Fjk4,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-13T21:06:06.913+0000) > > Man are you a toxic one. > > Good luck staying around these parts acting like that towards people. You know what frustrates the hell of out me regarding people like you? So many people on these forums jumped to defend that teemo support who got banned for "not communicating with his team" and yet I get responses like this when I say "we need to bring back the refusing to communicate" report option. It's really frustrating and I wish you people could pick a lane, honestly I think you people just like to argue no matter what, you'll take any position making you contrarians. You'll argue one thing one day then flip your position and argue the opposite just because it gives you a sense of elitism. I want the game to be better. I want trolls and casuals out of ranked. I want people who refuse to communicate in a meaningful way banned from the game.
: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/rant Either way...I partly agree with this, but your presentation is very unbecoming of why I do. I want people to remember that this is a team game, and that winning generally takes a team effort. But that goes both ways - for every case of people ignoring my shotcalls and my pings, there's at least two games where someone else is trying to shotcall, and my ass is thinking to myself like "heheh this guy's a fuckin' idiot" and I will be that guy. Instead of trying to say "hey, your shotcalls are weak" (and they are, trust me...) I don't even bother giving them the acknowledgement, I make a different shotcall, I split the team, and then nobody listens to a fucking thing from either of us for the rest of the game. So yeah, I think my main point here is that it's less about communication, and more about the *distortion* of communication. For example... "? ? ? ? ? ?" Did I just spam ping MIA, or was I just watching that fight and thinking "wtf?!" "Group mid" And...what? This is half-assed at best. If you're gonna shotcall, at least shotcall *decently*. "Group mid, let's try and siege until we see Yi so we can turn on him." Like, you get this much, cause you've covered it...but it's those distortions that have led to this point. The way to reverse that is to keep making *quality* calls, and encouraging others to *also* make *quality* calls.
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lM96Fjk4,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-13T21:05:45.749+0000) > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/rant > > Either way...I partly agree with this, but your presentation is very unbecoming of why I do. > > I want people to remember that this is a team game, and that winning generally takes a team effort. But that goes both ways - for every case of people ignoring my shotcalls and my pings, there's at least two games where someone else is trying to shotcall, and my ass is thinking to myself like "heheh this guy's a fuckin' idiot" and I will be that guy. Instead of trying to say "hey, your shotcalls are weak" (and they are, trust me...) I don't even bother giving them the acknowledgement, I make a different shotcall, I split the team, and then nobody listens to a fucking thing from either of us for the rest of the game. > > So yeah, I think my main point here is that it's less about communication, and more about the *distortion* of communication. For example... > "? ? ? ? ? ?" > Did I just spam ping MIA, or was I just watching that fight and thinking "wtf?!" > > "Group mid" > And...what? This is half-assed at best. If you're gonna shotcall, at least shotcall *decently*. "Group mid, let's try and siege until we see Yi so we can turn on him." > > Like, you get this much, cause you've covered it...but it's those distortions that have led to this point. The way to reverse that is to keep making *quality* calls, and encouraging others to *also* make *quality* calls. My presentation is because I literally just lost a game where my team went 8 to 31 or something obnoxious like this and I keep saying "STOP RUNNING INTO THE JUNGLE PLEASE GOD STOP" and no one listens, no one cares. I honestly feel like I'm playing with bots half the time and that's why my presentation was so yell-y. I'm angry. I'm frustrated. I just want something to be done about this very fixable problem.
: So from what you wrote in your post it should be more like "make it reportable if a player doesnt do what i tell them to do".
> [{quoted}](name=Timethief49,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lM96Fjk4,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-13T20:54:50.888+0000) > > So from what you wrote in your post it should be more like "make it reportable if a player doesnt do what i tell them to do". If I'm the only player on my team with a positive KDA who has taken objectives then I am the default carry on my team and yes, in these situations, FOLLOW ME AND MY ORDERS TO VICTORY.
Sukishoo (NA)
: Not speaking isn't not communicating. There are many other ways that one can communicate.
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lM96Fjk4,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-13T20:53:44.697+0000) > > Not speaking isn't not communicating. There are many other ways that one can communicate. Do you people have a word doc where you can copy/paste the most non-sequitur responses to whichever thread you come into? No shit there are other ways to communicate. The problem is people DON'T ping missing. People DON'T ping dragon, people DON'T say a word. People don't do shit in at *least* 30% of my games, I am the only one pinging and communicating. Isn't there a rule about fruitful discussion on this board? How is your cookie cutter, nonsense, not really a response to my post-post a "fruitful" response? You literally just ignored the premise of the thread and made some stupid comment, you may as well have said "birds go tweet, the grass is green unless you're from Kentucky"
: CAN WE FREAKIN' PLEASE BRING BACK 'REFUSED TO COMMUNICATE' AS A REPORT OPTION
COMMUNICATE OR GET OUT OF MY RANKED QUEUE GOD DAMN IT. STOP LOSING ME GAMES BY NOT SAYING A FUCKING WORD
Rioter Comments
: How to improve lp gain
Your win rate isn't 50% if you're winning 16 and losing 21. My MMR is completely and probably permanently broken for this season; 86 wins 104 losses, and I win on average 20 LP and lose on average 17.
: > [{quoted}](name=Beerstein,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xtcX0eNT,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-07-13T06:15:01.084+0000) > > Revert to season 2 There was some problems with the early seasons, namely jungle champion diversity, doran blade stacking, double phantom dancers, sunfire capes, running out of mana constantly, supports were just aura bots, sieges leading to 60 minutes games regularly, DFG, gold gaining items, backdooring, laning was non interactive due to minions being really strong, graves and taric botlane, eve (good god why did she have a stun) and kassadin was op.
> [{quoted}](name=Xela Syab,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xtcX0eNT,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-07-13T06:38:24.997+0000) > > There was some problems with the early seasons, namely jungle champion diversity, doran blade stacking, double phantom dancers, sunfire capes, running out of mana constantly, supports were just aura bots, sieges leading to 60 minutes games regularly, DFG, gold gaining items, backdooring, laning was non interactive due to minions being really strong, graves and taric botlane, eve (good god why did she have a stun) and kassadin was op. Everything you just said, I miss and want back. Even then, if you *let* a Tryndamere farm up a double PD double BT you deserved the loss when he stacked on the IE. I *miss* HoG. I *miss* DFG on LB. I *miss* being able to backdoor and win from behind. I *miss* not being able to spam abilities. I *MISS* BUYING WARDS
: How would you balance the game?
I'd bring back stackable tenacity like cloak and dagger for start, since it's absurd how much CC is in the game with almost zero means (besides taking cleanse or merc treads) to counter it. I don't particularly enjoy being stun locked for 5-10 seconds (doesn't matter because I only live for 6 of them anyway, by amumu ults, braum knockups, jax Q and whatever else the other team throws out in the final teamfight. At a certain point I may as well just walk towards them, hit S and go make a sandwich because I wasn't going to be moving anyway. I'd add a melee/AD version of banshees veil. I'd scale back the early game damage on juggernauts so they can't automatically win lane and therefore the game unless I play something stupid like quinn or twitch top. I'd make minions and towers stronger and deal more damage. I'd nerf the fuck out of everything. Every item. Every champ. No one should have enough armor at level 2 to face tank a tryndamere to death. That's absurd, no one should do enough damage to casually walk up and three tap someone at level 1. Early game trades should be more about skill than "lol too bad I counter uuuuuuu" I'd nerf ALL abilities and have them scale more... Take darius's Q for example 50 / 80 / 110 / 140 / 170 (+ 100 / 110 / 120 / 130 / 140% AD) I'd make this bitch look more like this... 35 / 65 / 95 / 145 / 185 (+ 50 / 75 / 100 / 105 / 110% AD) Abilities shouldn't be the determining factor and no one should be able to face roll and win. Period. Everything should be weaker early game and stronger late game. Tank items should never be so powerful that a bruiser can't hurt them. A garen with cloth armor and boots shouldn't be able to afk kill someone with a tiamat, that's just absurd. Similarly a person with a tiamat shouldn't be able to just walk up and brain someone in the noodle who has chainmail + ninja tabi. It's just common sense. Farming and income should determine who is stronger. If I can farm a black cleaver before you can farm armor or health, I should win if I have the skill to duel you down. I shouldn't just be tinking down small tinks of HP... Similarly, if you get an item before I can farm up something, I shouldn't be able to safely duel you. A problem I see is, and this is coming as a top lane main... some champs, at a certain point, will deal so much damage even when behind on farm and down a kill or two that I end up against my tower hoping for a gank... this isn't how it should be.
Barkley (NA)
: Taking out buyable wards was one of the best decisions Riot has ever made. Please do not advocate bringing them back. As for the rest of your post, well -- I didn't read it. Because you said bring buyable wards back, so I just assumed the rest of it was nonsense.
> [{quoted}](name=Barkley,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dpAkjUNq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-13T05:45:24.723+0000) > > Taking out buyable wards was one of the best decisions Riot has ever made. > > Please do not advocate bringing them back. > > As for the rest of your post, well -- I didn't read it. Because you said bring buyable wards back, so I just assumed the rest of it was nonsense. Sounds like you're parroting back something you heard someone else say, word for word. Please explain why removing purchasable wards was a good thing. Please explain why having a ward limit is a good thing. Personally, I'd like to be able to drop a few pink wards in my lane to deal with shaco ganks or teemo shrooms, or twitch ganks. Frankly, I'd like to have my river warded 24/7, I'd like to be able to leap as jax at will. There is no argument you can make to validate your position, you're just contrarian.
: No one's watching the LCS but....
More people tune into the "toxic" streamers to watch them yell at a camera for 8 hours a day and rage about league. Tyler1, Hashinshin, NB3, etc. That's all people care about. GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT! THE MOB DEMANDS BLOOD! Call it GLS, Gladiatorial League Series. The amount of god damn money Riot would make off this is almost as obscene as the players in question, and that's the hook; come on Rito. Lets go.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=XenaPhobiaFTW,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=R70mU7lT,comment-id=0000000000010001,timestamp=2019-07-12T20:47:47.932+0000) > > It's literally impossible for you to say this, when at best, 4 roles can ask for something, usually one role asking for something, ADCs for example crying about their role and Rito changing it for them. The "community" doesn't exist. Jungle mains will never be okay with jungle nerfs, top mains will never be okay with the state of top, mage power-creeping only benefits mages and is a detriment to everyone else. The "community" doesn't ask for anything, a niche clique asks for something and then another niche clique has to ask for something else because Riot broke the game by spoonfeeding the first clique. > > Every single change has been for riot's benefit to try and make the LCS more exciting to the detriment of *real* league of legends, if you believe otherwise then you're naive. Rito wants money. The LCS makes them the most money, they'll change the game no matter how it has to be changed to make the LCS more appealing for people to *watch*, they actually don't care about the player base that plays actual league of legends. > > It would be like FIFA making the pitch an obstacle course because it's exciting no matter how obtuse and stupid it is for peewee football players to run around swinging pendulums and jumping over pits. Literally almost every single change was REQUESTED BY US. You can try to use your tinfoil hat conspiracy theories all you want. Go and look for past threads and of people literally requesting the changes that have been done. Nobody did anything back in the day to stop these people from making said requests. Just like nobody is stopping anyone from making insane and useless threads that will only hurt the game in the long run. Why? Because the vast majority of people here do not care at all about balance. They just want whatever it is they don't like to be nerfed to the ground. Just look at the many useless threads these days about "X champion needs to be gutted" and getting upvotes. If people actually cared about balance in this sorry excuse of a boards those threads would be downvoted to oblivion instantly. Instead you have a bunch of people upvoting and promoting this sort of worthless behavior. WE are the ones who asked for the current state of the game. Simple as that.
> [{quoted}](name=ZephyrDrake,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=R70mU7lT,comment-id=00000000000100010000,timestamp=2019-07-13T03:36:12.493+0000) > > Literally almost every single change was REQUESTED BY US. You can try to use your tinfoil hat conspiracy theories all you want. Go and look for past threads and of people literally requesting the changes that have been done. Nobody did anything back in the day to stop these people from making said requests. Just like nobody is stopping anyone from making insane and useless threads that will only hurt the game in the long run. Why? Because the vast majority of people here do not care at all about balance. They just want whatever it is they don't like to be nerfed to the ground. Just look at the many useless threads these days about "X champion needs to be gutted" and getting upvotes. If people actually cared about balance in this sorry excuse of a boards those threads would be downvoted to oblivion instantly. Instead you have a bunch of people upvoting and promoting this sort of worthless behavior. WE are the ones who asked for the current state of the game. Simple as that. That's why the LCS had the lowest numbers in the history of the game this year. That's why literally every thread about S9 is complaining about S9? Is that why everyone is kicking Riot in the kidneys for their stupid decision making? Yeah, we asked for the game to be a shitscape, you're so smart. It's all a conspiracy. Businesses doing what it takes to make money is alex jones tier rambling. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Nea104 (EUW)
: One sided matches are even increasing, I hope people will realize it soon.
> [{quoted}](name=Nea104,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QEXTNUVk,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-07-12T23:17:17.112+0000) > > One sided matches are even increasing, I hope people will realize it soon. I've realized it, most games I play are either kinda close and clutch wins, or we lose by 5 minutes because the score is 2 to 12. I don't understand how or why this happens so much but it's really disgusting tbh. Ranked is supposed to be a measure of my skills, my rank is supposed to reflect that. Being completely pubstomped by what feel like diamond smurfs by 15 minutes every 3-4 games being a guaranteed loss feels like my MMR is completely and arbitrarily fucked. I'm at 74 wins 82 losses, those 8 losses were these disgusting rofl stomps where my team is 20 kills behind by 15... OH and to add insult to injury, as a top main, I generally am the last person to die with pretty decent farm. and I think to myself "okay I got this" only to get completely melted by a fed mid or adc without even getting close enough to hit them. TBH; the fact that "there are some unwinnable games, just deal with it" is an excuse for this is proof that ranked is broken and matchmaking sucks. There should be NO unwinnable games if you're playing against people that are genuinely at your own skill level... But it feels like Riot picks two players at random per match and gives one side good players and the other side bad players, it feels like when I go 13 and 1 I am the "good player" carrying baddies, stomping people who aren't as good as me. When I'm 5/4/8 with a teammate who is 16/2/11 it feels like I was matched with him so he'd get his win, similarly, when I'm 1/0/2 and the rest of my team is 1/5/0, 2/9/2 etc; it feels like I was destined to lose that game, just because Riot wanted to feed LP to someone on the other team.
: People have scores like this and then tell me not to surrender.
Could be worse, your idiot teammates could feed for 15 minutes then 4/5 surrender in ranked during your promo game. I'd rather have 3 idiots who are too stupid to give up and give me time to (maybe) split push and farm to win than have 4 dipshits throw away my LP.
: > [{quoted}](name=XenaPhobiaFTW,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=R70mU7lT,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-12T16:19:51.877+0000) > > It's not really what the community wanted. The community never asked for any of this. You know who did want it? Riot. Do you know why? To make pro games more exciting to watch. It does nothing for *real* league of legends and no one asked for most of this crap literally most of the changes done were done at OUR request. I love how every single time riot does something instantly the answer from quite a number of people here is "nobody asked for this" yet there are countless threads asking for that exact same thing. Even better when those same people who say "we didn't ask for this" were part of the same people who were asking for those exact changes.
> [{quoted}](name=ZephyrDrake,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=R70mU7lT,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2019-07-12T16:46:41.696+0000) > > literally most of the changes done were done at OUR request. I love how every single time riot does something instantly the answer from quite a number of people here is "nobody asked for this" yet there are countless threads asking for that exact same thing. Even better when those same people who say "we didn't ask for this" were part of the same people who were asking for those exact changes. It's literally impossible for you to say this, when at best, 4 roles can ask for something, usually one role asking for something, ADCs for example crying about their role and Rito changing it for them. The "community" doesn't exist. Jungle mains will never be okay with jungle nerfs, top mains will never be okay with the state of top, mage power-creeping only benefits mages and is a detriment to everyone else. The "community" doesn't ask for anything, a niche clique asks for something and then another niche clique has to ask for something else because Riot broke the game by spoonfeeding the first clique. Every single change has been for riot's benefit to try and make the LCS more exciting to the detriment of *real* league of legends, if you believe otherwise then you're naive. Rito wants money. The LCS makes them the most money, they'll change the game no matter how it has to be changed to make the LCS more appealing for people to *watch*, they actually don't care about the player base that plays actual league of legends. It would be like FIFA making the pitch an obstacle course because it's exciting no matter how obtuse and stupid it is for peewee football players to run around swinging pendulums and jumping over pits.
: yes. they have. But that's what the community wanted.
> [{quoted}](name=BLACK REALM GOD,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=R70mU7lT,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-12T15:37:39.599+0000) > > yes. they have. But that's what the community wanted. It's not really what the community wanted. The community never asked for any of this. You know who did want it? Riot. Do you know why? To make pro games more exciting to watch. It does nothing for *real* league of legends and no one asked for most of this crap
: Who are your top 2 champs per position? Please comment
Top: {{champion:23}} {{champion:6}} Mid: {{champion:30}} {{champion:99}} Jungle: {{champion:254}} {{champion:5}} ADC: {{champion:51}} {{champion:18}} (I don't play this role) Support: {{champion:201}} {{champion:99}}
: Getting autofilled is the worst experience and should be removed!
: Too much vision in the game drags out game length, especially in pro play. I still remember back in season 2 when the crowd started cheering over ward kills because that was the highest point of action in the match, as the excessive vision had prevented any kind of play from happening beyond sweeping with oracles.
> [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aIELLikR,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-11T18:37:23.159+0000) > > Too much vision in the game drags out game length, especially in pro play. I still remember back in season 2 when the crowd started cheering over ward kills because that was the highest point of action in the match, as the excessive vision had prevented any kind of play from happening beyond sweeping with oracles. Yeah but I don't give a fuck about "pro" league of legends, I play *real* league of legends. I play with 2 good players (unevenly distributed) and 8 morons. I don't care about the LCS and according to the numbers and the fact that Rito is bribing people with BE to watch 3 LCS games, most other people don't give a shit either. GIVE ME WARDS DAMN IT. GIVE ME MORE THAN 3 WARDS AT A TIME.
kμrayami (EUW)
: Why is PD a thing?
LMAO who the fuck downvoted me.
kμrayami (EUW)
: Why is PD a thing?
Old phantom dancer was better. Movement speed and attack speed. PD is so rarely built nowadays. ADCs prioritize RH or Shiv. In the good old days PD was a core item, now it's basically garbage that no one builds because there are better MS items and better AS items.... /remembers building 2 PD and 2 PT on tryn with and IE late game.... Good times....
Naymliss (NA)
: They're not wrong.... like what do you want them to do, try to dive the enemy mordekaiser? It's generally more beneficial to focus other lanes in this sort of scenario. I love your rank shaming while posting on an unranked pre 30 account.
> [{quoted}](name=Naymliss,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XqtjhiK6,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-11T19:36:23.909+0000) > > They're not wrong.... like what do you want them to do, try to dive the enemy mordekaiser? It's generally more beneficial to focus other lanes in this sort of scenario. > > I love your rank shaming while posting on an unranked pre 30 account. I want them to secure top before running elsewhere. The earliest top can be ganked, preferably 2-3 times should be after the end of the first route. On dire side - blue -> wolves, wraiths -> red -> gank -> krugs -> gank -> scuttle -> gank -> mid -> top then off. Top is in such a bad place right now that top often determines the game, there "are other lanes" yes, but none is so impactful typically, on the end of the game than the top laners. Secure top for a snowball then move elsewhere. Whoever ganks top first tends to win the game unless your top laner is someone like urgot or tryn or another split pusher who can be relevant even if they're behind after the end of lane phase. This is S9, get with the program dude. Repeating the same shit from season past has nothing to do with the current season. If the enemy has a morde, top should be the #1 priority to gank, at level 3 at level 4 at level 5 and if necessary at level 6 to secure the lane. It should never get to that point with those tops you're thinking of, and the fact that you say what you're saying is proof that you're living in past seasons instead of adapting to the current problem top.
: Should Riot add phone authentication for accounts before they can play ranked?
I'm almost 30 and I don't own a cellphone. Stop trying to make me buy a fucking phone for everything, I already had to get my partner to use their phone just so I could stream on twitch. STOP TRYING TO DRAG ME INTO MODERNITY. FUCK OFF TECHNOCRATS. I'M SICK OF IT. NO, I DON'T HAVE CABLE. NO I DON'T WATCH TV. NO I DON'T HAVE A SMARTPHONE. NO MY CAR DOESN'T HAVE POWER STEERING. STOP. JUST FUCKIN' STOP.
Show more

XenaPhobiaFTW

Level 7 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion