Kai Guy (NA)
: Ita possible that some folks may have beef with you or metal. However My assumption is some of the shit posters around here wanna quash things asap in new as they don't want to have to put effort into their posts so they need anything not low effort to be buried. Would ruin their upvote farming ways if they had to provide quality or content.
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BWEuaOEt,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-05T06:16:05.726+0000) > > Ita possible that some folks may have beef with you or metal. > > However My assumption is some of the shit posters around here wanna quash things asap in new as they don't want to have to put effort into their posts so they need anything not low effort to be buried. Would ruin their upvote farming ways if they had to provide quality or content. nah people seem to like Metal, and I doubt I've posted enough to make real enemies, people just seem to like downvoting content like this
Kai Guy (NA)
: I see clear effort poster? Better bump and thumbs up
> [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BWEuaOEt,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-04T23:39:05.813+0000) > > I see clear effort poster? Better bump and thumbs up Why in the world do some people hate content like this, any time I post things like this it immediately gets downvoted and ignored. Thanks for trying to help
Rioter Comments
Cetri (NA)
: They kinda associated green with necromancy in general even before this, as Pyke has a similar palette.
: Ironically this was his de facto old lore. An evil scarecrow someone summoned that they didn't know what to do with, so they just kinda left him in a closet. He ended up being an execution tool, as the Institute of War would tell people they didn't like to go grab something from the closet and then Fiddlesticks would come to life and kill them. I imagine that conversation went like this: SUMMONING COUNCIL: you have been found guilty of breaking the laws of the institute. your punishment... is to grab us a broom from the old closet on the second floor. DEFENDANT: the closet people have been vanishing in for, like, three years? SUMMONING COUNCIL: nobody vanishes from that closet. we don't know what you're talking about. DEFENDANT: you send people in there all the time. just last week you sent a guy in there for a doran's and we all heard him yell, "Oh no, please don't murder me in this closet!" then he got murdered. SUMMONING COUNCIL: sounds like a janitorial issue. DEFENDANT: it's not a janitorial issue. SUMMONING COUNCIL: we said it sounds like one, not that it was one. you should pay attention to the way we say things. DEFENDANT: i'm not going in the closet. SUMMONING COUNCIL: GUARDS, PUT THE DEFENDANT IN THE MURDER CLOSET.
please, for the love of all that is right in the world, please do your very best to get the murder closet into the game in some form or fashion, be it a joke line of someone referencing fiddles or and emote or recall or even a ward I don't care, this needs to be a thing
: Happy to surprise :)
So a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one
: My biggest issue is the potbelly king of clubs morde now has :/
Eh that's actually pretty appropriate for the style of armor
: i prefer it as it was. morde doesnt seem the type to use a full cape rather the banner like he already has.
> [{quoted}](name=Rowanstar,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=2AYieWLK,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-30T04:10:20.385+0000) > > i prefer it as it was. morde doesnt seem the type to use a full cape rather the banner like he already has. Ok but that was the entire appeal of the skin and largely why people bought it. With the previous Morde this was the only skin that didnt have the iconic giant shoulder armor, instead getting a glorious large cape. Skins are supposed to evoke an alternate version of the characters., and this is King of Clubs Morde after all, a big fluffy cape fits the playing card theme way better than a banner. Heck even in the splash art they still have him with the biggest of capes, yet the in game model doesn't accurately represent it.
: Is it just me or does the club look... well idk terrible? Like a nerf toy? Hahaha any way you could make a edit and sharpen/ thin it out more like a muskateer cross?
> [{quoted}](name=inuitmailman,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=2AYieWLK,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-30T02:09:02.001+0000) > > Is it just me or does the club look... well idk terrible? Like a nerf toy? Hahaha any way you could make a edit and sharpen/ thin it out more like a muskateer cross? I was gonna add some gold to it but the shape just makes doing so annoying
Rioter Comments
: Morde is simply perfect.
I just want King of Clubs to have his giant cape back
Rioter Comments
: Jup, and the reworks too. Pantheon has me really excited actually.
> [{quoted}](name=Malicious Metal,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=7kBuKkB7,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-28T02:09:19.100+0000) > > Jup, and the reworks too. > > Pantheon has me really excited actually. I just want bread puns on baker Pantheon, I petitioned a bunch to get that skin made, I need my puns like a baker kneads his buns.
: Here are Morde's updated skins
I'm actually super disappointed with this. King of Clubs looks way worse, which feels pretty sucky as it was one of Mordes best skins previously. Now the 2 skins which previously were basically chromas are badass looking. I really wish Riot would let players exchange skins on rework for equal or lower priced skins.
GenoXx (NA)
: Do roads exist in Zaun at all?
no roads, just looooooooots of dank dark alleys
: morde removes himself from the fight too. making it a 4v4 if the adc kills him and returns, lets assume both teams are low from the 4v4 teamfight and the adc returns and makes it a 5v4 clean up
> [{quoted}](name=Akali Prime,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pqUbiJHa,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-05-27T23:56:23.777+0000) > > morde removes himself from the fight too. making it a 4v4 if the adc kills him and returns, lets assume both teams are low from the 4v4 teamfight and the adc returns and makes it a 5v4 clean up ok but most would agree that with the way the game plays currently, certain roles are just more valuable than others, especially at pro level where gold is funneled towards the carrys, plus it's always been cheaper to buy tank stats vs damage, and morde steals stats as well
: He will either be gutted or insanely OP and stay that way. Morde can even waste more time by building some tankyness combined with zhonyas. He can also take out the jungle at a baron fight, pratically removing smite from the enemy team. It's just insanely busted alone for the fact that he can ruin the one player who is solo carrying his team just because he can. I am probably alone with this but I hate the new ult.
> [{quoted}](name=HopeStartsWithU,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pqUbiJHa,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-05-27T22:14:30.695+0000) > > He will either be gutted or insanely OP and stay that way. Morde can even waste more time by building some tankyness combined with zhonyas. He can also take out the jungle at a baron fight, pratically removing smite from the enemy team. It's just insanely busted alone for the fact that he can ruin the one player who is solo carrying his team just because he can. > > I am probably alone with this but I hate the new ult. ooh yeah ulting the jungler at baron would be insane, the stolen stats plus the baron debuff would guarantee you win.
: You mean like, any form of CC? Dang, so problematic
> [{quoted}](name=Jimmy Rustles,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pqUbiJHa,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-27T17:12:58.284+0000) > > You mean like, any form of CC? > > Dang, so problematic The ult seems to have a decent cast range, is on click, and lasts 7 seconds. short of possibly spell shields it doesn't seem avoidable and you can't cleanse out of it. Most hard cc last at most maybe a second or 2.
: Update in Client Skin Bios
I'm still waiting for a Real World Jobs universe, you know for the likes of Corporate Mundo, Pizza Delivery Sivir, etc... I'd probably put Baker Panth here too it just gets tricky because a part of me would say K/DA would be in the same universe but then Akali has a chef skin and is in K/DA. I think mainly I just want an excuse for Fast Food Manager Azir (THE ORDER IS GIVEN!) and Car Saleswomen Illaoi (wavy arm men)!
Ratatouka (EUW)
: so we're punished for finishing the mission early? we got the finisher from the mission, but it's being removed from the game, so we basically got nothing from the silver mission and the only good thing we get from it is a 'chance' to maybe get rewarded for playing the game more than other people?
You'll likely be given a mission that's like play 1 game or something to unlock it, and if they're smart it will have no completion time limit.
Rioter Comments
: Players are already leaving. How are a few minutes of logs annoying? Or are you really that impatient that if you cant open the game and IMMEDIATELY queue, you won't play it at all. To be honest just from your attitude in this comment i would bet you're one of the players who would probably benefit from seeing their chat logs when they log in.
Wow, now you're gonna insult a persons character because they disagree with you. You ever driven a care per chance, or watched television? 3 minutes of waiting, especially when the reason for waiting is viewed as annoying or pointless, can feel SO LONG if done at the right time.
: So then a better idea, if the player scrolls to the bottom of their logs they can close the window.
Cool, now you've just implemented a system that makes players scroll as fast as they can every time they long on. Like you really don't seem to get how people work if you think this would do anything other than annoy people. Like sure there may be a small minority that would find this beneficial, but that is vastly outweighed by the overwhelming majority that's now just pissed that Riot is trying to control their behavior and that they have to waste their time scrolling every time they log on. Learn to read people my man, these ideas of yours don't seem to get how the majority of people work.
: Can We Discuss What Is Ruining Game Experience
This is a very naive and poorly thought out solution, for a number of reasons. Not the least of which being that nobody cares but also simply that it wastes everyone's time. I'm not a toxic player, in fact most aren't, plenty don't even use chat. So now tons of people are just wasting time doing nothing. Time is one of league's big selling points, compared to a lot of games league can be a rather short investment, with arams taking around 20 minutes start to finish. Adding an extra 2-3 minutes is huge here. This doesn't even begin to address why showing someone what they wrote through force is a bad way to change people's actions. Honestly the fact that you believe this would have any merit makes me think you are probably very naive when it comes to how people work.
Mortdog (NA)
: ARAM Balance Update Thread
Can we PLEASE give Kayn passive passive gain already, with the focus towards getting poke champs that a lot of people have in aram all too often I'll get Kayn only to have no opportunities to fight and thereby get my passive and become a real champ, unless I want to just feed my ass off. Combined with blue gain being pretty crap in a gamemode where there aren't real flanking options and the fact that I have to walk to base or die to transform all put Kayn in a super rough spot for aram.
: Overgrowth was and will still be incredibly garbage. Your average player might have got 150 hp out of it by end game and that's on a high hp tank. Meanwhile some of these other rune options readily give out 30 adaptive force (14.4 AD or 24 AP if I'm not mistaken). The gold difference in value there is staggering, adaptive force gives ~504 gold value for an AD user and the overgrowth gave 400 gold value... Now it will give 470 ish. Still under powered unless you've got over 4k hp. Which at that point few champs need 180 more hp. I should mention we're comparing 500+ gold of value from some runes available 10-15 minutes sooner than the 400-470 gold value you get from overgrowth around the 30 minute mark. It is a back end loaded rune that adds very little value to any situation for any class.
ME CHO'GATH, ME ONE SHOT TOWER
: Except, you know, for the April fools event? Get over it, it's one big joke. If you can't handle having 2 less BE I feel sorry for you.
: they get 2 BE less. Big whoop.
You should NEVER give players less of anything for doing more, it leaves a bad taste. Maybe not for you, and that's fine, but it was a poor move on Riots part. Especially since to a player who hasn't checked ahead what all the missions were they now feel like they've missed a mission line. And before you say they should check ahead or something remember that they literally changed the missions BECAUSE people didn't check ahead and felt screwed by it.
: anivia is literally an ice phoenix
notice I never mentioned Anivia... #Iamnotdumb
Flemman (EUW)
: Is there something different for doing the nunu one now or not? I have not start it yet and was planning to do it for the icon but what is the point now. It sould have a small reward for doing it instead of the ward ( like some be) because now it doesnt feel rewarding anymore :s
if you do the nunu one you get one less mission and feel tricked because riot handled this poorly
: Update at 4:41 PM PST: We've heard your feedback about missing the Nunu objective but still wanting to do the other Impossible Missions. We're pushing an update that will unlock the 2nd Impossible Mission for you regardless of how you completed the first one - meaning if you placed 3 wards, you will still get the 2nd Impossible Mission. This will be live shortly. Sorry for the frustration and thanks for giving us your feedback!
now the people who do the nunu mission get less... rito plz
: probably raven for swain, eagle/hawk for quinn, Azir gives off serious Horus and thoth vibes(Egyptian gods) so those birds are the falcon and ibis... probably the falcon. As for xayah and rakan, I am thinking tropical jungle birds cause dancing and bright showy plumage.... as for specific ones... well generally females of this variety are boring visually and don't do funny dances so I couldn't guess a logical equivalent for xayah, . As for rakan I am thinking macaw cause they got that super yellow underside.
Yeah agreed after digging deeper that's basically what I got, except Rakan's more peacock/rooster, and xayah's just unknown, maybe crow hard to say... Oh and Valor is specifically an Azuirte Eagle according to lore. Still, especially for Xayah, if a Rioter comes across this hook me up!
Rioter Comments
: and 0 fun to play against
I mean whatever, I just like the option to play tank mages top. They're like normal tanks, but more zoning oriented and so it becomes less of throw your body into enemy and more protect team by being a threat.
Oh Sadly (NA)
: lol nice downvotes buddy
Byrden (NA)
: thoughts on making {{item:3025}} for melee only?
no, that'd fuck up stuff like tank karma and viktor, which are super fun to play
: Riot Games hires its first Chief Diversity Officer
The big things here are how much control over the process this person will have and what they consider a necessary amount of diversity. Personally, I am not a fan of positions like this in the first place, as the job only really should exist when there's a problem, in a perfect world nobody needs to "enforce diversity" because diversity isn't an issue. Sadly this is not a perfect world and at Riot from what we've heard it has been an issue, thus such a position makes sense. Now that being said I hope to god that this doesn't become a case of good hardworking people getting passed over because they aren't diverse enough, as that in and of itself is racism, sexism, and the like. Honestly the whole concept of enforcing diversity walks a very thin line between helpful and really fucked up, especially if you're talking in a group, since theoretically you run into situations where someone may indeed be passed over simply because they're white and you've got too many white people, since hey it's not their fault they're white, why should they be passed over simply because the first few people were white. Now of course when you have people getting hired because they're white or men or whatnot that's also wrong, hire on ability, but if the people who do get hired all happen to be one way it'd be a shame to not hire the next guy for that. I've probably restated myself at this point I ramble but my point is I hope this is a good thing, I hope they can just act as a fair and impartial third party to see when things are going down a bad path and help to correct them, and not just make things worse by forcing things. Because whereas yes, Riot does seem to have a "bro culture", just throwing in some females or lgtb or whatnot and being like accept this person on it's own will just make things worse. Also for the love of everything, please, PLEASE don't go the fake diversity method of being like everyone on our team is a person of color/female/lgtb therefore we're diverse, cause that's not. But hey this could also be an amazing thing, if Riot has indeed been prejudiced in their hiring than this could lead to a broader range of talent leading to new and awesome things. Diversity at it's core should just be hey, we hired people for what they're good at and since this world is made up of all kinds of people a large enough group of professionals will naturally reflect that, that is true diversity.
: Because "good" and "evil" are relative, and we're not trying to create those kinds of 2-dimensional tropes anymore.
I mean sure, sometimes good and evil can be relative, but there is also just good and evil, like those are terms for a reason. It's pretty universally agreed that Hitler was evil, sure the man might have had some redeeming features somewhere but none of that mattered when compared to the atrocities which he committed which have led to him being known as unequivocally evil. Similarly whereas I'm sure to be the first to tell you that no man is perfect Fred Rogers was as far as we know about as close as they come, and as such anyone you ask will tell you he is good. Honestly I think people shy away from writing such characters after a point because it can be difficult to present them in a way that doesn't seem flat, but honestly that's on the writers.
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot cottonfxn,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=hnMdTIE1,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-22T22:13:11.682+0000) > > And all the Camille mains adamantly disagree with you. {{champion:164}} I like to think of the entire event as {{champion:202}} 's test to see if {{champion:164}} could endure all the way through to the final act. Camille closes in for the finale and Jhin bows in admiration as he prepares his 4th shot. The final clash could go either way, but Jhin is satisfied with the overall show they put on together and doesn't mind dying to an opponent he now respects. Of course at the very last moment {{champion:36}} crashes through the wall Koolaid man style, preemptively ending the fight before either champion could claim a mortal strike. Why? because Mundo goes where he pleases!
: And all the Camille mains adamantly disagree with you. {{champion:164}}
meanwhile I'm just over here wondering what level everybody is before we argue about who kills who
Zeus xD (EUNE)
: Gatekeeper Yorick / yes or no?
It's not that different from normal Yorick tbh, just a different color scheme mostly
Rioter Comments
Shaylau (NA)
: Male Kpop Skins???
Said it before I'll say it again, we need a boy band group, sure kpop style would be cool or maybe like 90s boy band who knows point is guys need some loving. Also Battle of the Bands Crossover Event. Boy Band vs K/DA, Pentakill crashes it because that's how they do. Oh and I keep saying boy band but come on folks, we know they gotta be called _ACE._ ooh ooh no wait, there's 8 memebers, and they're called _8CE_ yeah... that's dumb enough that it'd be perfect.
: Skin Universe Lore in 2019: Alt Fantasy, Multiverse Theory, and You
I'd love to see a sort of weird multiverse truly emerge, like put some of those skinlines against each other, you know give the star guardians a real enemy. Odyssey already kinda connected dark star and cosmic and whatnot, push it further. Take all the hextech, steel legion, mecha, battlecast, project, program etc... (I'm missing a ton here) but all those robo metal skins and make something there, I for one kinda view it as a story where the world slowly was consumed by tech with various freedom fighters along the way that rose to oppose it. So Full Metal Jayce and the Steel Legion were probably fighting back against Viktor and his Battlecast Legion, and somewhere along the line the Yordles built the Mecha (although I'm pretty sure Sion just did what he wanted and rebelled) and then years later after all the fighting we're left with this sci-fi techy world, but some remnants remain in the project champs, that fuels a new rebellion, this time not against being machine, for that fights already lost, but about simple freedom, freedom from the system of the program that would keep them all in line. Or like mix together like the medieval and the D&D skins, maybe through Elderwood and stuff into the bunch. Or how about a real world skinline where people have actually careers and stuff, Culinary Masters, Corporate, Pizza Delivery, whatever Galio is, etc... (and then finally make us Car Saleswoman Illaoi and Fast Food Manager Azir). I could also see Academy be it's own universe with Star Guardians and Brolaf probably thrown in somewhere, or maybe a BATTLE OF THE BANDS universe with Pentakill, K/DA, Popstar, DJ (don't tell the rest of Pentakill she covers her face for a reason XD) and the dear god please make it at some point inevitable boy band skinline. I would put those all as real world but Olaf would have 3 jobs than so... maybe he's just a weird dude. A space universe would also be nice, and of all of them it's already the most canon in a way, thanks to Odyssey Kayn. I could also see you bridging different universes for crossovers, which again Kayn already kinda started. So like Maybe the "School World" or "Real World" Universes have Dark Stars waaaaay out in Space, but that opens potential future crossovers in future. And thrown stuff like Gun Goddess, Super Galaxy, etc... in those, maybe some are in Odyssey and some out in "Real World" I don't really know and I'm probably not gonna take the time to figure it all out but you get the point. But like I'd love to have some set Universes for some of these skins to go in that we could then maybe see stories and content made that is set in these Universes, that would effect the different skinlines within. The biggest benefit here is just that there's currently a lot of random skinlines that are similar enough to the more fleshed out ones that we won't see say Project Camille since we already have Program, which means we have to choose between fleshing out the world of Program or Project, and if I'm a Camille main I can then feel more invested when I see Project content. Because as it stands too many things are just not worth getting addressed, and like you said time constraints. So sorta put them all in the same room so we can play with all the different toys. Plus it would add some much needed harmony to know this goes here that goes there. Not to mention it makes for stronger narratives if you ground the skins in different universes that are more well established rather than making a new universe each time, because as it currently stands I don't care about most of these universes outside of the ones with cinematics or gamemodes, but I want to be able to. The only big problem I see here is potentially limiting things as far as who can have what skin due to the universe they already have one in, but generally this shouldn't be a big problem as most champs (looking at you Olaf) wouldn't have new skins close to existing themes anyway.
Meddler (NA)
: Nothing in testing yet for Voli. For Yorick we're also trying a pretty experimental alternative to the ult changes where the CD instead isn't lowered but there's no limit on how long Yorick can keep the Maiden around him (permanent maiden unless killed effectively). There are plenty of issues that might create, so just an experimental thing for now, but looking into it.
The thing is for plenty of us Yorick players this doesn't change anything, we already can pretty consistantly pull her out of lane after a winning fight (and than heal her at nexus) so all this really does is nerf cd and damage. I like the ideas here but in practice you're just removing skill expression while weakening the champ.
Larriet (NA)
: Now that you mention it, Neeko actually would be a good choice if they wanted to expand that line. And I didn't think it'd be possible to do it justice outside Udyr.
the big problem I see with Neeko is that half the time you wont be seeing your skin, so you'd need to do something pretty unique to stand out in the moments where you don't look like your teammates.
: To clarify. Neeko is better, faster at shapeshifting. Most Vastaya have some ability to change shape. Most arrive a shape that is comfortable, reflects the animal spirits connected to their tribe, and their own personality (needs wants). So it might take Rakan a few minutes to change the color of his cloak-- or a few hours to give himself stylish new horns. But he will always be kinda flashy looking -- because subconsciously he wants attention, and vaguely griffon like because that is what family and tribe reflect.
Ooh ok, this gives me ideas. Like, this seems to imply that their form is largely based on their subconscious mind, and that most could theoretically change their appearance to a much higher level than they currently do, but that it'd require either an deep deep understanding of ones own mind or some other sort of mental training. Now if this is the case what would a Vastayan with split personalities or some other similar mental condition look like. It'd be really neat to see a champ who could like form swap between two personalities, sure Kayn and Gnar sort of already touch on this but I feel like there's still plenty of room here for something really neat. Like maybe have some sort of in game conditions that would trigger the change outside of what we're used to. Maybe they could have something like a fear of groups and so being around more than one champ causes them to shift into a different form, sure Kha'zix kinda already plays around this but make them a laner and it could be really cool. Maybe they have like tank disengage qualities in groups, and more fighter/diver qualities solo, could be fun to try and balance around top/support as their main roles and would make them a really unique flex pick. Ok I'm gonna work more on this thought I like this.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jhins Girlfriend,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Y9UyER3H,comment-id=003400000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:04:31.462+0000) > > I'm not into them personally, but look at Liss's splashes. > https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/f/f3/Lissandra_BladeQueenSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181021095106 > https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/0/03/Lissandra_CovenSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181108210012 > https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/a/aa/Lissandra_BloodstoneSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181021093555 > That is quite a lot of boob, just because you don't like her doesn't mean she's not sexualized. > > And Nami has quite a bit of boob in her skins as well as the button-nose big-eyed look that most champs in this game have lmao > https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/7/7e/Nami_DeepSeaSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181021192059 > https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/e/e2/Nami_RiverSpiritSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20181021044339 > > I love them as characters and they're fun to play, but they're still sexualized. > ALL of the stuff I wrote and that's your only response? {{sticker:sg-zephyr}} Ok wait, are we really saying Nami, _a fish_ is over sexualized? who next? Ori?
That's kinda the point, it's not about whether or not it turns you on personally, it's about the fact that they stuck a pair of tits on a fish and shoved it in your face for the sake of tits. Like her base design literally has a giant v neck to her naval made of skin. Now sure she's based on mermaids so personally I'm a little more ok with a level of sexualization but from a design standpoint it is a little silly. Now sure you may be ok with all that, heck I'm ok with all of that, but some people may not be, and that have valid reasoning behind their objections.
: This thread is great, and I agree with OP, but I think people are missing the mark when it comes to "but there are hot dudes / not all the ladies are hot!" when it comes to numbers. The list of male characters _specifically meant to be_ attractive is as follows: Rakan, Varus, Jayce, Ezreal, Taric, Kayn....and I think that's it? Champions like Lucian, Yasuo and Talon are cute but I don't think that was what their main design was going for, so we can put them in a grey area. Not being counted for or against the count. Non-conventionally attractive male champions: Aatrox, Alistair, Amumu, Aurelion Sol, Azir, Bard, Blitzcrank, Brand, Corki, Mundo, Fiddlesticks, Fizz, Galio, Gangplank, Gnar, Gragas, Hecarim, Heimerdinger, Ivern, Jax, Karthus, Kennen, Kha'zix, Kled, Kog'maw, Malphite, Malzahar, Maokai, Mordekaiser, Nasus, Nautilus, Nocturne, Olaf, Ornn, Pantheon, Pyke, Rammus, Renekton, Rengar, Rumble, Ryze, Shaco, Singed, Sion, Skarner, Tahm Kench, Thresh, Trundle, Twitch, Udyr, Urgot, Veigar, Vel'koz, Volibear, Warwick, Wukong, Xerath, Yorick, Zac, Ziggs, and Zilean. That's **61** champions. Sexy lady champs - as in focused on their bodies, especially waists and breasts, in their main splashes? (old) Akali, Ahri, Ashe, Caitlyn, Cass, Elise, Evelynn, Janna, Kai'Sa, Katarina, LeBlanc, Lissandra, Morgana, Miss Fortune, Nami, Nidalee, Shyvana, Sivir, Sona, Soraka, Syndra, Vayne, and Zyra. That's not counting the grey area champs, where they are still conventionally attractive but have less attention placed on their bodies with a varying degree of sexualization: (new) Akali, Camille, Diana, Fiora, (new) Irelia, Jinx, Karma, Kayle, Leona, Lux, Quinn, Riven, Sejuani, Vi, and Xayah. So, what is left are the female champs who aren't _conventionally_ attractive OR coded as children: Annie, Anivia, Illaoi, Kalista, Orianna, Rek'Sai, Taliyah, Zoe, and the three female yordles. That's **eleven** non-conventionally-attractive lady champs, compared to sixty-one male champs. Do you see the discrepancy here? There is NOTHING wrong with having sexy characters, and I'm not saying that. I LOVE Miss Fortune, she's my most played champion and I have almost all of her skins. I LOVE Evelynn, she's the first assassin I made myself learn. And that's not accounting for taste, either - I think Illaoi, Jhin, Viktor, and Thresh are smoking hot, and I think Taliyah is beautiful, but those champions aren't supermodels when it comes to Western beauty standards. I also don't think amount of clothing counts, either. Jinx doesn't have very much clothing in her base, but she's not as sexualized as other champs either. Kalista has a plunging neckline but she's also not sexualized. On the flip side, champions like Tryndamere and Braum aren't wearing very much but they aren't sexualized. Once again, there's nothing wrong with sexy ladies! I love sexy ladies, I really do. But I would like the gap between the non-"hot" ladies and non-"hot" men to be smaller. We have Gragas, but no fat lady champs. We only have one cool void monster lady, Rek'Sai, compared to the handful of male void monsters. More to the point of this specific thread though, I'd really like appearances to fit lore. (This goes for male champs too but there isn't as much of a disconnect. Put Tryndamere in a coat!) Caitlyn's design and some of her quotes are just awful. She's a sheriff, why does she have a weird minidress thing on? Nidalee's breasts are gonna be popping out a lot without straps, at least give her straps. Sivir is from a desert. Do you know what happens when you wear tight clothes like that in the desert? You get heat stroke :( Other champs like Cass, Elise, and Nami feel like "safe" designs that are more of a missed potential than anything. Cass could be a really cool snake monster instead of a hot lady with a snake tail. I'm not saying all champions need to be like Taliyah, because that would get stale. But having ladies who all basically have the same facial features and body type get boring too, especially compared to the wonderfully varied faces, species, and body types male champions have! I don't think it's unreasonable to make male and female champions as varied as each other, you know?
Ok so whereas I don't necessarily disagree with your general points, I will say that I've got no clue where you're getting your numbers from. Like you're missing quite a few champs here in your examples, and like have you looked at Aatrox's splash art, dude need to be included. Also I'd add that more then being sexualized a bigger problem is the lack of variety in female champs, with most being generally human as opposed to space dragon, bears, whatever bard is, or living trees! Like come on Riot where's the Entwives?!? Now honestly you could argue this lack of diversity goes back to a desire to sexualize the characters, which it probably does, but still. Also Zac is naked.
: I just hope she's not lesbian for the sake of introducing a homosexual character into the game... There's a thin line between making a homosexual character and making a character homosexual. The first one is fine, the second one isn't.
Of course that's why she is. Riot doesn't really give a crap about sexuality for the majority of their characters, it's just not important compared to things like motivations or goals. Like League only has so much of a window in which to portray a character to someone, so unless it's really core like with Lucain wanting to avenge his wife or Xayah and Rakan being a flirty couple they just really don't care enough about it to do much. So maybe they decided it'd be fun to make her a lesbian because they thought it felt right for the character, but honestly it's much more likely they wanted to fill a role, so they threw in some voice lines so they could say they've done it. And that's not bad necessarily, they make characters for the sake of having that type of character all the time, I mean Gangplank was literally just pirate fore the sake of pirate. Hecarim was a horse because hey we don't have any horses. A Sol because not enough dragons etc, etc, etc...
Show more

Xenos von Faneli

Level 189 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion