: > [{quoted}](name=Teh Song,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=a50RE2Il,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-14T16:16:58.517+0000) > > Can we maybe give it more than less than a day before such major judgement -_- > > And of course everyone is trying to build hextech right now, they're brand new. > This is going to happen with every new class/origin they add. More than one day? One game is all it takes to tell that Hextech is garbage game design.
: Hextech is awful in every possible way. Combined with the item lottery and the annoying carousel, I'm just done with this nonsense. At least until they drastically change things.
: Naw, it's fine. The only situation where hextech fucks someone behind is when there's a single item. What this does is instead makes it that corner comp hypercarries now have a more steady counter than "hope you can cut through the meatwall to get to the gooey Draven center". The ideal situation will be that people who rely heavily on a single itemed-up hypercarry to win the game for them are hardcountered by this. It'll also mean the game becomes less about who has more/better items and who has the better comp. Players will also flock to hextech but considering the confusing mix of units to run (Brawler/gunslinger is about the best combo you can get), hextech will likely lose more games while good players who know how to position and deal with the hextech bomb can thrive.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=a50RE2Il,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-08-14T17:03:56.511+0000) > > Naw, it's fine. > > The only situation where hextech fucks someone behind is when there's a single item. What this does is instead makes it that corner comp hypercarries now have a more steady counter than "hope you can cut through the meatwall to get to the gooey Draven center". > > The ideal situation will be that people who rely heavily on a single itemed-up hypercarry to win the game for them are hardcountered by this. It'll also mean the game becomes less about who has more/better items and who has the better comp. Players will also flock to hextech but considering the confusing mix of units to run (Brawler/gunslinger is about the best combo you can get), hextech will likely lose more games while good players who know how to position and deal with the hextech bomb can thrive. Sorry but you are wrong. The bomb so far aims for front line... tries to locate the closest item to it... basically what it does is removes the front line GAs and nullifies players who may be using alternative tank methods... basically a lot of builds do this. Basically my dude... any comp that relies on items in any shape are completely hosed... be that a GA off meta "tank" set up to shock block the initial damage burst... to possibly a singular item loaded champ.... now you will "decoy" item your bruisers, and still load up a champ and hide out behind bruisers. But yea: have fun with that meta. It's not for me. I'm sitting this one out.
: It's amazing how Riot managed to take one of the best games i've played in years and make it unplayable in just 2 months Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
I agree - this was honestly a really fun experience for me - I've really enjoyed my time in the last 3 weeks I think it's been. What I felt the game really needed was some sort of "wildcard" that allowed you to pick a certain champ --- even if they did it like "bruiser wildcard" or "sorcerer wildcard" to limit it that way... I felt that would have been amazing A similar system set up for items too... What that would have done would have been to ENCOURAGE build diversity, and push people to try different layouts. What this change does is the OPPOSITE of that - for me it's very clear your option.... SINGULAR OPTION.... stack 1 damage dealer with 3 damage items... stagger singular items on your very front line... and run 2 Hex + 6 Bruisers. Period. Full stop. They fully nullified this game's diversity AND FUN in this patch. I won't be playing this garbage. Waaaaaaay too many games out there that are so much more fun to sink my time into.
Teh Song (NA)
: Can we maybe give it more than less than a day before such major judgement -_- And of course everyone is trying to build hextech right now, they're brand new. This is going to happen with every new class/origin they add.
No - we can't... and here's why: 8 seconds of no items is so easy to fully nullify like 80% of the builds out there builds that rely on items to keep them going. When you EASILY nullify 80% of the builds then you would actually be really stupid to not be running that build. Even if I'm being overly dramatic here, adding just 2 champs to your line up to fully nullify even minimum 3 full items from 1 champ is so broken OP that you would honestly be stupid to not include those 2 champs to any line up. Full stop. Even non ranked you would be stupid not to. Now that you can ramp up to 6 bruisers for that juicy 1k life on basically all your champs in your line up... that makes even non built up level 1 champs viable even for the last rounds... and silver bruisers GODLY... able to sustain all the damage you used to be able to mitigate using Guardian Angels on weaker, non tanky options. It's CLEAR that if you want to be successful in this game now you VERY CLEARLY use 2 Hex to wipe out any GA non bruisers from existence within 2 seconds wiping them out... and then using 1 damage dealer in your back rank to basically stand there through your wall of health 6 bruisers in front of you... (or throw 3 items on your Rengar - which is broken AF already) I have NO SYMPATHY for anyone who doesn't use the above strategy because that's literally the exact paved pathway that this development and test team just laid out. You would be a literal IDIOT to not use the above strategy since it's singularly the only viable option now moving forward in any ranked game. This has nothing at all to do with "snap judgement" or being overly, kneeejerk reactionary posts... it's LOGICAL based on what they just did to this game dude.
Amonarok (NA)
: Yeah, TFT is pretty much ruined for me now. Riot very well may have just flat out removed items from the game. I'm not sure what the hell they were thinking, I swear the Hextech passive is just Cursed Blade 2.0, it just goes so much against the grain of the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Amonarok,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=a50RE2Il,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-14T15:44:29.058+0000) > > Yeah, TFT is pretty much ruined for me now. Riot very well may have just flat out removed items from the game. I'm not sure what the hell they were thinking, I swear the Hextech passive is just Cursed Blade 2.0, it just goes so much against the grain of the game. This so much for me. So: yes - I do try to follow a specific build of champs that work for me... and I do rely on a few items... however I have won a bunch of times going so far off my initial specific build by using weird combinations involving items and champs... What this GUARANTEES you is that those weird off meta champ + item layouts are NOT POSSIBLE now... Moving forward YOU HAVE TO match the meta - so YOU HAVE TO build bruisers + hextech + 1 damage dealer loaded with damage items sitting in the very back... with "throw away" item on the front line just to decoy. This is so literal TRASH for this game... I have no interest in this style of game now. So if that was the point of this change: congrats Devs and Testers: you did it!
: I've tried to play a couple games, but everyone is running hextech pretty much, which really ruins the fun of this autochess version. The main thing that really stood out tft from others was that items played a pretty big part of it compared to the others I played. I really loved it! Now, with hextech it just feels like it took that out, so now it is honestly a less enjoyable verysion. Its just like, "yes!!, I got some items that makes a certain champ work..... oh, now I am facing hextech". It honestly makes it feel like it don't have any option except not run things that don't work with more than one item. Just not enjoyable at all.
> [{quoted}](name=VorpalKitsune,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=a50RE2Il,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-14T14:44:22.555+0000) > > I've tried to play a couple games, but everyone is running hextech pretty much, which really ruins the fun of this autochess version. The main thing that really stood out tft from others was that items played a pretty big part of it compared to the others I played. I really loved it! Now, with hextech it just feels like it took that out, so now it is honestly a less enjoyable verysion. Its just like, "yes!!, I got some items that makes a certain champ work..... oh, now I am facing hextech". It honestly makes it feel like it don't have any option except not run things that don't work with more than one item. Just not enjoyable at all. This exact thing. I've run 4 DIFFERENT builds now in my run to Gold ranks and sometimes I shift my strategies around what I get NOT ONLY CHAMPS BUT ALSO SPECIFICALLY ITEMS... because of that, now losing items completely makes items essentially a situation where you will be using 1 item on a "decoy" champ, and then the rest of your items on someone in the very back. What I see happening really quickly here is something like a fully item loaded Rengar or Assassin + 6 Bruiser wall + Hextech - if you aren't running 6 bruisers + Hex then you are done and done. This doesn't seem like fun to me - so I'm genuinely sitting this patch out and watching patch notes. Not even a threat. I may actually just lose interest in this game now because of this change. What I don't get is how something this huge makes it out of testing... how the testers thought this was good for the game... even the dev who designed this? Like... it really boggles my mind. Nullifying 6 items for so long basically may as well not even have items in the game.
Rioter Comments
azazxer (NA)
: Doesn't impact me xd impacts me that bad players q ranked, but hey, its whatever, i can't do anything about it, just gotta play for me
That sort of leads me to thinking about Italy in my main post... I wonder if Italians ever are like "how the actual F did we get here" when looking at their lineups... people pushing little old ladies and children completely disrespectful, rude... I wonder if they ever think about it. Why should we just sit here and then years go by we are the world's most toxic community... why is that? because we didn't speak up about it and just played? tried to ignore trolls and then eventually seeing how impossible it is to let it impact us so we turn troll or toxic ourselves?
azazxer (NA)
: Doesn't impact "YOU" though, when people queue ranked, it bothers me, because they aren't good at the game, despite years of playing, i'd prefer if they didn't q, but hey, its whatever
> [{quoted}](name=azazxer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3gw0WmET,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-21T21:04:54.637+0000) > > Doesn't impact "YOU" though, when people queue ranked, it bothers me, because they aren't good at the game, despite years of playing, i'd prefer if they didn't q, but hey, its whatever I can tell you with complete certainty it impacts me.
Kenneky (EUW)
: I'm sorry that I'm not able to play all champions. Why can't people understand that people can't play all champions, It's not "less effort", but I guess doing bad with a champion I play for the very first time is "lazy" sorry it's my fault. If you get that low to flame people for going bad on a 1st time champ, you are part of the problem. I go to ARAM to relax, not to get flamed at again. Trolls and AFKs are problem anywhere, the only thing you can do is report them after the game ended. People should not take ARAM that seriously, when I go in a ARAM game, I do not expect people to play good.
I don't expect you to be S - I'm ok with your C performance as long as you engage with the team, at least ping when you want to take the health so others can join, don't afk at any point of the game, don't over ping... in general be a good team mate.... I would LOVE to play with you as your C rating under the above conditions. <3
: Because it _is_ just ARAM. It's a non-competitive environment (for the most part...) just like normals. It's not meant to be taken **very seriously**, although there are individuals who play it a lot who do play it in that way. It's more on the laid back side (as far as pvp goes...) And having said that, it doesn't excuse afking at the start of the game. If you have to afk, go empty your bladder/grab a drink/change your diaper before you start the game. You're wasting other folks' time. The only way I could see this getting a fix is if they were to add an ARAM ranked, but then there'd be a lot more of what we see in the **serious** environment of ranked... But regardless, it'd be better for what you want.
> [{quoted}](name=Schoenberg,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3gw0WmET,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-04-21T19:39:18.998+0000) > > Because it _is_ just ARAM. It's a non-competitive environment (for the most part...) just like normals. It's not meant to be taken **very seriously**, although there are individuals who play it a lot who do play it in that way. It's more on the laid back side (as far as pvp goes...) > > And having said that, it doesn't excuse afking at the start of the game. If you have to afk, go empty your bladder/grab a drink/change your diaper before you start the game. You're wasting other folks' time. > > The only way I could see this getting a fix is if they were to add an ARAM ranked, but then there'd be a lot more of what we see in the **serious** environment of ranked... But regardless, maybe it'd be better for what you want. Some days i think I'd love a ranked ARAM... other days no. I wish there was a way to queue for complete airhead, absolutely zero Fs given ARAM and another variation that wants to take it more seriously. It really irks the poo out of me that 90% of the games have AT LEAST 1 player moving up only when the creeps move. I would like to think in a semi competitive ARAM that ALL players would move up to Bush for first team engage.
: > [{quoted}](name=YEG CapeMakeFast,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3gw0WmET,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-04-21T20:26:01.583+0000) > > When it's said, it is very rarely said in relation to how good someone is playing. > > It's almost exclusively said in a sort of aggressive, trolly way to justify really bad player behavior. (Example: going AFK, or hijacking heal packs solo, or engaging in a clearly unwinnable 5v1 - just overall really bad player decisions as opposed to say under performing on a tier1 damage dealer) > > "Bro - why engage 5v3? Did you miss we had 2 players running to rejoin?" "LOL it's only ARAM!!!" The context is always an argument when it comes to this phrase. It's used as a response to what _you_ likely said to him/her, not so much to justify their actions. I mean, who enjoys putting up with someone whose being an asshat over a bad play in ARAM? He/she knows what he/she did wrong and questioning him/her, putting pressure on him/her, ain't going to do anything.
I think the issue for me is a few things... first: "lol it's aram" fully ignores whatever issue someone just brought up. A simple "my bad" does so many things here: 1) acknowledges a bad decision 2) it doesn't apologize, but it is respectful that a mistake was made 3) it implies that since you are aware of said issue, you will work towards trying to correct the issue. vs LOL it's ARAM. This is a fully dismissive, zero acknowledgement, zero responsibility, and in fact: I'm not the peoblem: YOU are the problem attitude. It also implies your behavior will NOT be corrected because you don't even see there was a problem to begin with. Because this is a TEAM GAME every issue should be quickly dealt with and move on as a team. While you may disagree, doesn't it make sense to even acknowledge whatever issue someone may have brought up? Its clearly important enough to someone to even lightly discuss it... not essay style but a super 5 second reply could reset the teams morale?
azazxer (NA)
: Who cares about everyone else though? Should just do what you want to do, if you want to troll in an aram then go ahead and troll
Mostly because your choice to troll impacts 9 other players.
: ***
I think it's very important to differentiate where low performance isn't what I'm talking about here. "LOL it's just ARAM" is used to justify bad player behaviors (afking, jumping in 5v2, taking health packs solo when 3 players need it too, pinging everyone and everything that moves for no reason, etc...) non competitive, laid back damage is fine as long as you are playing as a solid team mate and not using inappropriate behaviors.
Anatera (NA)
: There are people who want to justify their laziness. That's it. If you don't want to try in a game, then don't bother playing it. You're ruining it for everyone else.
I fully agree with you. I also respect bad games... I've had them... where I just feel off with plays I try to make. I zig when I should have zagged. I see someone having a bad game, I refuse to jump in them because I personally know how bad it feels... that said I don't think it's ok to justify afk or zero effort or bad team mate decisions with "LOL it's ARAM" I also don't expect you to output 40 to 60k damage on Heimer... I'm ok if you play as a good team mate, play as best as you can, engage with the group, wait on health packs, don't afk... I'll adore your 27k damage just the same.
roughvan (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=YEG CapeMakeFast,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3gw0WmET,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-21T16:49:26.576+0000) > > I, personally, think it's ok to lose. (I actually expect a 50% win ratio in ARAM) I also feel it's ok for players to learn or underperform. I also ONLY play ARAM. I feel it's the very best mode for a long list of reasons. I've only played it since inception. > > That said, I think the players using the phrase "lol it's just ARAM" are almost knowingly doing things to troll... perfect example is a player who moved away from a team engage at enemy tower.. > 3 players at 40% life... solo takes the health pack with players obviously moving towards it to try to get in on the health. "bro - next time could you ping or wait for us?" "lol it's only ARAM" > > This is just the latest example... I see the phrase every 5th game I play on average. I just can't wrap my head around you deliberately playing poorly or trolling or even if you make a legitimate mistake instead of "my bad" instead it's "lol it's just ARAM" > > I just don't get it. There's no good explanation, people just troll for their "fun" even if it ruins games for others. It happens in ranked quite often, there are a lot of inters that int softly and never get punished.
I think partly we just accept the behaviors. If you say something, even in a non rude, open dialogue way... inevitably someone pounces and white knights those behaviors... it really compounds the issues when a player says "lol it's only ARAM" instead of saying "my bad, bro" - one of those statements is fully dismissive assumes absolutely zero responsibility and says "I refuse to even try" while the other acknowledges team mates exist... that a poor decision was made... and assumes that they will try a little harder the next time. Guess who I want to play with? Not "LOL it's only ARAM" guy.
Kazekiba (NA)
: Because ARAM takes the majority of strategy out of League, and thus requires a bare minimum threshold of skill. And also because youre not likely on a champion youre good at, and thus cannot and should not be expected to play well.
When it's said, it is very rarely said in relation to how good someone is playing. It's almost exclusively said in a sort of aggressive, trolly way to justify really bad player behavior. (Example: going AFK, or hijacking heal packs solo, or engaging in a clearly unwinnable 5v1 - just overall really bad player decisions as opposed to say under performing on a tier1 damage dealer) "Bro - why engage 5v3? Did you miss we had 2 players running to rejoin?" "LOL it's only ARAM!!!"
roughvan (EUNE)
: Its not only aram but normals or any mode that isn't ranked. There are often 3 types of people: 1.The ones that will use excuses as "it is only aram" but it is a question if they could actually play any better. 2.People who only play for rewards/missions or daily win as they don't have time to play a summoner's rift that day maybe. 3.People who want to relax after ranked game. Lets be honest aram or twisted treeline don't get any significant updates. Most of the playerbase just plays summoner's rift for this reason. Few seasons ago i really enjoyed playing twisted treeline but the map/champions just feel so limited. I mean i do say "its only normals" when my teammates want me to put 100% effort into the game when we are behind/losing and have a chance of coming back.I will still play up to standard, but maybe im learning a new champion or i just wanted to relax after a ranked game that i lost, i may not feel up to putting 100% into a normal game. Most of bronze players never put that much effort into the game, why should you feel pressured in a normal or aram game? I understand that other players may try to win, if they have first win of the day or just don't like losing but its to be expected to find people trying out champions in normals and aram for the first time quite often.
I, personally, think it's ok to lose. (I actually expect a 50% win ratio in ARAM) I also feel it's ok for players to learn or underperform. I also ONLY play ARAM. I feel it's the very best mode for a long list of reasons. I've only played it since inception. That said, I think the players using the phrase "lol it's just ARAM" are almost knowingly doing things to troll... perfect example is a player who moved away from a team engage at enemy tower.. 3 players at 40% life... solo takes the health pack with players obviously moving towards it to try to get in on the health. "bro - next time could you ping or wait for us?" "lol it's only ARAM" This is just the latest example... I see the phrase every 5th game I play on average. I just can't wrap my head around you deliberately playing poorly or trolling or even if you make a legitimate mistake instead of "my bad" instead it's "lol it's just ARAM" I just don't get it.
Rioter Comments

YEG CapeMakeFast

Level 45 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion