Face it (NA)
: He already told you. He's already waiting 30 min for a good game. Do 1+1... If it takes this long he's ok with it as long as it's a good game, regardless, without auto fills and dodges it would be lower than this because theres a lot of support main in these elos... Jesus you are getting into the petty game right now. Pathetic.
> [{quoted}](name=Face it,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=X12pxYhg,comment-id=000d00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-05T05:02:26.030+0000) > > He already told you. He's already waiting 30 min for a good game. Do 1+1... If it takes this long he's ok with it as long as it's a good game, regardless, without auto fills and dodges it would be lower than this because theres a lot of support main in these elos... Jesus you are getting into the petty game right now. Pathetic. No he siad he is waiting that long to get into a game. He said nothing about the quality. I did some looking into the last 15 games on his account. Only one was close. The rest were either stomps or 10 pkus diffrent in kill counts. He is a mid/ adc player. He played support once and top once in those 15 games. I am goinf to assume that they were filled. Which is not that too far off from what rito said. 1 in 10 games are fill. The top fill he was the stomping team, the support he was stomped. So he is waiting 30 mins to gey into game, how long is he willing to wait to get a close game like the one i saw that was close. Stomps either way are not good games. A game that are close are. Like it ir not fill will always be a part of an game that you get too pick your position. The only way to combat dodging is strick penalty for it. Currently its -3 lp, which is way less then a loss. In other games it is several times what a loss is. If lol did that and then started taking action against the trolls, it would fix the issues we are having. It would suck for awhile, but it would fix them
Whiisp (NA)
: Alright listen... We are willing to wait a lot more than the current 30 seconds to 5 minutes. Constant Dodges cause of the auto fills makes the queue last 30 minutes already. Don't bring HotS into this lmao... Game is out of the portrait for a reason. Read what face it said. HIGH ELO PLAYERS AKA CHALLENGER don't even play the game right now. I don't know on what planet you live, but these players, the top 1000, play in houses, scrims anything to save them from SoloQ. ANYTHING. Ask anyone. I'm not taking this out of my butt either. I know wayy too many people who would rather not play league than play SoloQ at Master+. Thus why they camp LP and play amateur. Listen because this is the last reply... As Face it said it... You don't know what High elo is and it's not league games as you normally see it. At higher Rank it's pro players and upcoming talents etc. We're talking professional paid sport here. Things need to be different. As mentioned, if they tweak it and it works, perfect. It just needs to change. Period. Get to Master, try it out for yourself, and let me know what you think. Thanks.
Whiisp (NA)
: You are missing too many point and dumming down too many things / Interpreting things I said in the wrong way. No wonder it's hard to keep up with what you are saying... You don't play ranked or know how the system work... Let me make 1 point clear to you. I'm talking about game quality. Auto fill problems cause toxic problems. If it's remove and people dodge, the toxicity is removed because no one has to be mad at anyone for not having a role. Will they rage at comp ? Not more than they do now and now is not a problem that is even close to be big enough to even lay a thought over because dodges over comp never happen unless it's full ad. Which is once every 50 games (But you wouldn't know cause you don't play). When I say dodging is good for comp, I'm basing this on the fact auto fill is active. It's in essence not good. But HAS to be there to balance the bullshit caused by Riot system. Remove auto fill and remove dodges because you essentially don't need them anymore because no one will troll unless they decided to do so even before getting into champ select. That removes your toxicity factor right there. And by toxicity, just to make sure you are still following, means trolling as well. Listen, this thread is for diamond players, not someone trying to debate stuff he does not even play himself as someone pointed out earlier. Insight is good but when you start going over the classic bullshit of ''this is why the player base is like blah blah'' you just lose all credibility. I don't get why you try to spend your time on something that if it changes won't ever touch you or 99% of the player base... You are literally missing the first 2 lines of this post, in BOLD too... Like dude... lmao u make me think of a dude i went to college with and that's not a compliment...
> [{quoted}](name=Whiisp,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=X12pxYhg,comment-id=000d0000,timestamp=2019-11-05T04:34:53.639+0000) > > You are missing too many point and dumming down too many things / Interpreting things I said in the wrong way. No wonder it's hard to keep up with what you are saying... You don't play ranked or know how the system work... > > Let me make 1 point clear to you. I'm talking about game quality. Auto fill problems cause toxic problems. If it's remove and people dodge, the toxicity is removed because no one has to be mad at anyone for not having a role. Will they rage at comp ? Not more than they do now and now is not a problem that is even close to be big enough to even lay a thought over because dodges over comp never happen unless it's full ad. Which is once every 50 games (But you wouldn't know cause you don't play). > > When I say dodging is good for comp, I'm basing this on the fact auto fill is active. It's in essence not good. But HAS to be there to balance the bullshit caused by Riot system. Remove auto fill and remove dodges because you essentially don't need them anymore because no one will troll unless they decided to do so even before getting into champ select. That removes your toxicity factor right there. And by toxicity, just to make sure you are still following, means trolling as well. > > Listen, this thread is for diamond players, not someone trying to debate stuff he does not even play himself as someone pointed out earlier. Insight is good but when you start going over the classic bullshit of ''this is why the player base is like blah blah'' you just lose all credibility. > > I don't get why you try to spend your time on something that if it changes won't ever touch you or 99% of the player base... You are literally missing the first 2 lines of this post, in BOLD too... Like dude... lmao u make me think of a dude i went to college with and that's not a compliment... So answer my question. How long are you willing to wait for said quality game? It is what it all boils down too. I understanf all to well. You think lol roll que is bad. You should have tried hots when they still had max que. Whats that you ask? Its when after x ammount of time you get the next game no matter what. Imgaine being rank 1( the elo you are talkng about in this thread) and getting stuck in a game with 9 rank 40s( bronze) or in season one where you make gm( challenger) and get stuck in a gold 5 game. I have been at the extreme end of bad mm systems. What i am saying, is that autofill will always be part of the system if you get to select rolls. Removing it is not the answer, it will not work. Making it better is the only solution. I can think of 2 other 5v5 games that removed all player info until the game luanched. I did noy improve the game play, but in both cases it cut the draft dodges in half. Which ment que times droped to 40% of what they were. So once again, how long are you willing to wait?
Whiisp (NA)
: As much as Auto fill is a good concept on paper, it ruins too many games [Diamond 2+ (Diamond+)]
So lets play the what if game. Lets just say auto fill is gone, but the que times stay the same as it removes the autofill dodges. Now the limiting factor is the lowest played roll. How long will it take the player base to start dodging based ob the draft? Which means we are back at the same point we are at now. Its a player base issue. So what do we do when dodging based on match up( or even pick order) becomes the norm? Ask any diamond + player on rather or not they want 1st pick or counter pick. Like it or not, as long as we can pick our rolls, autofill will not go away. I am not saying the system works, becuase it clearly does not. Rather then re ove the system, we need to tweak it. There are lots of people in thus thread that do not understand that player based issues will not change. The best thing we can do is try and mitigate it. Removing autofill will just mean it goes to anothrr reason to dodge. Look, i get it, its frustrating too lose over something tjat is not your control. Yes, the mm sucks. Yes, autofill sucks. Niether if those things are going to change. Any mm based of the elo system will fail in any multi player game that does not have fixed teams. Autofill will always be a thing when you can select your roll. One roll will always be the limiting factor. This thread really has showed me alot about why lol is in the state it is in. Things like " dodging is needed to keep it competitive " think about that statment in reguards to the player base. It does not paint a pretty pic. What i am saying here, removing autofill will just lead to more problems that need to " be fixed" later. I wpuld bet $100 that with in 6 months of removing autofill, player base actually drops 20% and dodges still happen 50% as often as thry do now. Dodging is thr symptoms of the player base issue, not the cuase
Whiisp (NA)
: Dodging is necessary in a competitive environment like Diamond+ (D2+) because at this level, I don't want to have 4 support mains play vs on role players as at this rank, it's a guaranteed loss. And that just creates massive frustration within high elo that I personally can't handle anymore. There's a reason why so many people above Masters Create Smurf. Because at this elo, No kidding, you get your role way less often and therefore can't practice, especially mid laners. (That's excluding streamers because they don't want 20 min queue time on stream) I've also seen comments on previous post about Adding a 3rd role to choose from. Which IMO is way better than being filled on your 5th role and would reduce queue time if auto fill is removed.
> [{quoted}](name=Whiisp,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=X12pxYhg,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-11-04T23:57:10.767+0000) > > Dodging is necessary in a competitive environment like Diamond+ (D2+) because at this level, I don't want to have 4 support mains play vs on role players as at this rank, it's a guaranteed loss. And that just creates massive frustration within high elo that I personally can't handle anymore. There's a reason why so many people above Masters Create Smurf. Because at this elo, No kidding, you get your role way less often and therefore can't practice, especially mid laners. (That's excluding streamers because they don't want 20 min queue time on stream) > > I've also seen comments on previous post about Adding a 3rd role to choose from. Which IMO is way better than being filled on your 5th role and would reduce queue time if auto fill is removed. So once again it's a player base issue, not an autofill issue. How many lobbies does it take to get into game? Each one after the 1st is 99% becuase of a dodge. Wby not take the step of removing identifying plyers until in game 1st? While it wont stop dodging, it will help. It will also improve mmr as a metric of in game skills, rather then how good you are " stacking thd deck" The other side of that is if you deserve your mmr/ win rate you can do it by not dodging. I know that sounds harsh, but it's true. Same with otp that have a 60% + win rate on thier otp, but drasticly lower on anything else. You could have a 100% win rate over 500 games in lets say mid lane in korean challenger on your otp, but a 0% at the same elo on any one else. That does not mean you make faker look bronze, it means you are not well rounded in lol. You willnot be playing at the pro level, not matter how good of a otp you are.
Whiisp (NA)
: As much as Auto fill is a good concept on paper, it ruins too many games [Diamond 2+ (Diamond+)]
A better question is not rather or not it should be removed, but how long are you willing to wait for a game. It would not be hard for rito to run a simluation to see just how long it would add to the que time. The other side of that is now how does time effect the mmr spread. Ie after 5 mins we expand the allowed mmr range by 100 for every min in que. I don't know how lol handles extended que times, but all mmr based que systems do this to some degree. It's also one of the main reasons most games don't show mmr. They are afraid( rightfully so) that pthe player base can figure out the mm system and then abuse it. It's not that hard to do actually, just takes a decent sample size and time. Ranks don't really work that way as rank/=/ mmr. You are correct in that is not autofill that is the issue, but the player bases reaction too it that is. I would recomend cracking down on smurfs and multi account dodgers. I bet removing that would cut que times down by a significant margin. The sad reality is dodging can significantly increase your win rate if you are doing it correctly. It's been tested in many mobas and the ammount you can increase your win rate is shocking. I have seen numbers as high as 30% in win rate increase. One way to help combat dodging is to remove names and account info from draft lobbies and loading screens. That way people can not check on other players and then dodge accordingly. I don't like it, but it has proven successful in other games.
rayoli (NA)
: Why isn't a surrender vote accepted when 3 people vote yes?
When vanye is 10-1 at 15 mins and the other 3 lanes want too ff. That's why.
GankLord (NA)
: I'm Banning Senna
I always ban new champs... I dint8 care if they are op or up. I don't want to deal with them.
: I have (almost) 1.5 million on Miss Fortune. I was not aware that it was supposed to make me immune to having a bad game no matter how extreme. Please alert me to the logic as to why such a high amount of mastery points makes me incapable of having one bad game or even a streak of them.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jBoE4kvi,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-30T06:04:49.506+0000) > > I have (almost) 1.5 million on Miss Fortune. I was not aware that it was supposed to make me immune to having a bad game no matter how extreme. > > Please alert me to the logic as to why such a high amount of mastery points makes me incapable of having one bad game or even a streak of them. Bad games are one thing, when you don't even understand basics about your champ that is something else. That's like you not knowing your e slows people or that if your q kills a minion and then hits a champ it does more damage.
Yenn (NA)
: Shaco's win rate is continuing to climb after the nerfs. Please stop overbuffing champions.
Shaco support has to be the least Interactive lane in the game by a mile. You step up and get feared, there went half your health, from the back stab. You can't use hard engage as there are boxes everywhere. So at best you can poke. Even starting with a control ward and sweeper as support is not enough. Let's not forget he can take ignite and exhaust. So even if you manage to get past the boxes, you are not killing anything. Pair him with a late game dc and they get a free lane.
Rioter Comments
Skíns (EUNE)
: I AM that AFK player. And I have been that AFK player for about a month now, since the new client launched. It's hectic. I am not that AFK player because I choose so. I enjoy the game, and no, I am not tilted by it. I dont ragequit, nor do I give up on games. I am that AFK player because yesterday 4 games in a row my client crashed in loading screen - the client then attempted to repair itself which took roughly 5 minutes. I started all these games with at least one minion wave already gone, and the opponent laner being in a pretty important xp and cs advantage. I am that AFK player because the client crashes. It crashes a lot. Usually in the loading screen, sometimes mid-game. I reinstalled it, didnt help. I am not alone. It's come to the point where people arent even mad at me for AFKing anymore, since they've experienced the same issues. I connect at 2:45 as a Rakan support, apologize for it in chat, and Xayah politely answers with "Dude, its not your fault. It happens to me every few games aswell. It happens to everyone. Lets just try to win this". RIOT needs to do something about it; it's been going on for way too long, and there's way too many people experiencing these issues. And yes, I'm talking ranked. Regards, Skíns
Me too, been having lots of issues staying in games as well. Everything is fine, then zero fps for 30+ seconds. At 1st I thought maybe I was having some type of software or hardware issue. So I started monitoring my task manager and my resource usage. During these slow downs the only thing that spikes is one of riots programs. What's odd is I see zero change in resources used or in cpu/ gpu temps. I even went as far as to turn off all avs and inly use the standard windows fire wall. Still no change. Then I thought maybe it was my connection. Big nope there as well, zero fluctuations and I can still stream 1080 p video and play lol at sub 100 ping. Which I know is high for most, but even with out stream the 1080 p my ping is still in the 80s. When I play hots I have a ping in the single digits
: Improving matchmaking will probably improve player behaviour as well
Honestly, I think in leagues case is the game itself that breeds it. I mean it is a team game, only 1 person can snow ball the game. So in many ways it's a solo game with non npc in it. Last night I had a yas feed 7 kills to a Diana in the 1st 12 mins. Including a level 1 1st blood. Granted Diana does do very well vs yas, still not sure how you did to a Diana at level 1 that started w. At the end, no matter what I did, I could not stop her as she was always 2 levels a head and at least 1.5 items. I was playing ekko jg, I was the only one that killed her, and she was the only one that could kill me. Oh yeah at the end of the ~30 min game yas did 9k champ damage. Diana was not a Smurf and only had a 52% win rate on her. We just had a feeder. Now I could have raged at him. I could have told him to play safer. I did neither, I just focused on blowing her up and hoping my team could finish off the other 4. In the end we lost. Knowing that I could tilt, I logged off and did something else. That's the one thing most don't do. They keep playing getting more and more angry
: Did they also assume you were responsible? How did you get it resolved?
No, but I was in game, got kicked. Tried too relog on and was told some one else was logged in. So I started a ticket, got my pw reset, the other guy kicked( they asked me a bunch of account questions) I verified it was the real me. Then about an hour later I got an email saying I was banned. Went back and opened the ticket, they fixed it pretty quick. They guy activateted every one of mychamp rentals, changed all my settings and played 1 Aram game. They could not fix the champ rentals, but I did not care. I am pretty sure me being proactive and being able to answer all thier questions correctly is what saved me. What's scary is I only used that email and pw for league and after many scans, and clean ups( not to mention all the ones in the past 6 weeks ) never found any virus or malware. Given how often we hear about it, I wonder how secure league actually is. My pw at that time was 8 digit alpha numeric and case sensitive. Which is 9.8 xe^55 possible combinations.( I have a degree in math, just trust me on that number) Not exactly some thing you crack with brute force. My new pw is 7.78x e^97. So once again, not something you can brute force.
: Account compromised and now I'm banned
Had it happen to me about a month back. They fixed it in under an hour
Jun Long (NA)
: Rusty Blitzcrank is considered the rarest skin right? So....
I thought it was the black alstar skin that you only got if you bought the physical copy of lol way back in the day
: Can someone tell me why is Panth 100% banrate in worlds thx
Safe tower dives. Point and click stun. A moving damaging wind wall. Global ult. What more do you want in coordinated play?
: Please remove the option to ban your teammate's champion.
Ok there is this champ called " totally busted, broken op!" He has a global 70% win rate. You are last pick, you hover said champ... what happens? Either the other team bans him or they pick him. That is why you can ban team mates hovers.
: All Girl League of Legends Worlds and Series
Just like many professional women's sports. No one watches them. Let's not for get that boys and girls are still very different. There are differences in mind sets, reaction times, aggression. I am not saying one is better then the other, just that we are different. I don't know why that is such a hard concept for people to grasp. Both sexes do things better than the other. Also how long until they demand equal pay? Do you think any company wants to have to defend that pr let alone that kind of law suit?
Barso55 (NA)
: Galio's kit has too much utility for the amount of damage he does
Ever since he lost taunt flash, he pretty much just a rock. Hell, even lost his damage reduction on his r target.
: High Elo Junglers
Remeber you also need to think about how often that champ is banned. Right now kha is banned a lot. I think only yi is banned more. Ekko right now is strong and a great choice if you are lacking ap.
: Nerfing Jungle Experience... Again
As is now, unless you leach/ tax / get a kill you hit 6 just barely before bot lane does on most jungles. Mid and top are about a level up. if you don't take a jg that can gank/ hold there own at level 3 you are in for a rough game. Get invaded hard and you can be out of the game before level 4.
: Should Flash see changes?
The game has been balanced around flash so much it is not even funny. If it was changed at all it would mean system while nerfs/ buffs would be needed.
DalekZec (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Yboat,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JAijFXhk,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T22:40:42.162+0000) > > It was trash when it could damage them. It was not until min 38 in game it could even hurt the nexus shield. If it took no other damage it would destroy the nexus at 1 hour 17 mins. Which is about a the same as a 3 hour league game. It also ment you didn't have an ult until level 20. I had my own crew back in dorms. We loved prolonging games in HoTS and did just that until I could max my R. Although Napalm was...Interesting with its low cooldown but I didn't like it so much. Oh and also to add, I use to even go stealth with the E (siege mode) and later upgrade to be able to move while in siege mode! I use to use it to sneak in and attack. Oh the laughs XD
Napalm Strike was infinitely better, drive by wave clear and you could take nexus frenzy at 20. 25% attack speed and range was just too good. Now on towers of doom, if you were willing to die for it, you could set it up too kill all 3 forts in the same rotation. Which would mean guaranteed core damage. That was until people figured out you just let one fort fall, then destroy that right before the other 2 fall.
DalekZec (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=DartExplosion10,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JAijFXhk,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T21:34:42.060+0000) > > yeah but now they made BFG unable to damage structures Really? Well shit... I had so many great memories and plays from it XD
> [{quoted}](name=DalekZec,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JAijFXhk,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T22:13:32.057+0000) > > Really? Well shit... > I had so many great memories and plays from it XD It was trash when it could damage them. It was not until min 38 in game it could even hurt the nexus shield. If it took no other damage it would destroy the nexus at 1 hour 17 mins. Which is about a the same as a 3 hour league game. It also ment you didn't have an ult until level 20.
: > [{quoted}](name=Yboat,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LWYWz5cW,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-10-12T18:09:50.940+0000) > > What role did you prefer to play and which heroes did you like to play? I can at least give you some ideas on which champs line up well with those that you are familiar with So far i've been attached to ranged characters, more specifically Varus although i was mostly a Rag, and Varian player
> [{quoted}](name=Bye Blizz UwU,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LWYWz5cW,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-10-12T18:12:43.291+0000) > > So far i've been attached to ranged characters, more specifically Varus although i was mostly a Rag, and Varian player Fail blades, taunt or squesh? There really is no one like rag in lol, For ranged, ashe is like if jaina and valla had a love child. She is also very strong right now and is pretty much always useful even if you are behind.
: Hey, Im a HotS player who recently migrated to league of legends for *various* reasons...
What role did you prefer to play and which heroes did you like to play? I can at least give you some ideas on which champs line up well with those that you are familiar with
: Hey, Im a HotS player who recently migrated to league of legends for *various* reasons...
As a long time hots player, your team fighting should be very good compared to the average lol player. Learn how to cs and understand that damage is a lot higher in lol compared to hots. In both the ammount delt and the speed at which it comes out. Cs is by far the hardest thing you will have to learn.
wolvius (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Yboat,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hGeUJkk9,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-10-10T09:04:39.901+0000) > > I would like to see the wording. It could clear state something about political statements, or wearing a mask. We don't know. Then again he could have been told specifically not to talk about it and did anyw 2019 HEARTHSTONE® GRANDMASTERS OFFICIAL COMPETITION RULES v1.4 p.12, Section 6.1 (o) Engaging in any act that, in Blizzard’s sole discretion, brings you into public disrepute, offends a portion or group of the public, or otherwise damages Blizzard image will result in removal from Grandmasters and reduction of the player’s prize total to $0 USD, in addition to other remedies which may be provided for under the Handbook and Blizzard’s Website Terms.
> [{quoted}](name=wolvius,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hGeUJkk9,comment-id=0004000000000002,timestamp=2019-10-10T10:59:40.841+0000) > > 2019 HEARTHSTONE® GRANDMASTERS OFFICIAL COMPETITION RULES v1.4 p.12, Section 6.1 (o > Engaging in any act that, in Blizzard’s sole discretion, brings you into public disrepute, offends a portion or group of the public, or otherwise damages Blizzard image will result in removal from Grandmasters and reduction of the player’s prize total to $0 USD, in addition to other remedies which may be provided for under the Handbook and Blizzard’s Website Terms. What's in the handbook?
Destaice (NA)
: The Blizzard incident seems like controversy for the sake of controversy
So what's in the hand book? The wording you gave is very clear. Grandmaster is ran by/ for blizz. They have every right to ban some one from them. That being said they can not ban them from e sports that are not run/ ran for them. He did not just say they, he also put on a gas mask. That's a lot more then saying something. So that still begs the question, why did they fire the interviewers as well? It's like this line from the movie casino. Warning a couple f bombs. https://youtu.be/CIpRvBQ-dOU Here is the qoute "Listen, if you didn't know you were being scammed you're too x@#%#+#×' dumb to keep this job, if you did know, you were in on it. Either way, YOU'RE OUT!"
Destaice (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Yboat,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hGeUJkk9,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-10-10T09:04:39.901+0000) > > I would like to see the wording. It could clear state something about political statements, or wearing a mask. We don't know. Then again he could have been told specifically not to talk about it and did anyways. The hole deal stinks, but I am not sure blizz has all of the blame. I have never been at an e sports event, but I did compete in the pan American games twice and a went dozen or so international tournaments as a work out partner. Every time I had 100+ pages of documents I had to sign from each of the governing bodies.( 2-5 depending on the event) They had rules about just about everything. From when I could wear my usa gear, to what I could do or say in them. I won't even get into about how I still had too follow all us laws even though I was not on us soil. Hell, when I was in the ncaa, I had 900 and some odd pages I had to follow. > > I find it extremely hard to believe that he was not informed about what his responsibilities and thier expectations of him were. > > None of this is passing the smell test for me. They also banned two commentators. Which is the one thing that makes this really stink. Why fire them? Only 2 reasons come to my mind. 1 they knew what he was going to do and let him do it. 2 they knew he had stepped over the line and did not stop him. Both of which would be grounds for termination from any job that covers a high profile event. > > I will wait to cast judgment on any party here until I get more facts. All I have seen is sensationalized media coverage. I maybe wrong, I am just not buying what I have heard so far. I know blizzard has more then enough money to have a legal team that reviewed thier decision. Given the money and pr enovled it has to be more then just vague wording. The wording is “Engaging in any act that, in Blizzard’s sole discretion, brings you into public disrepute, offends a portion of group of the public, or otherwise damage’s Blizzards image.” You’ll have to keep in mind that in China what he did is extremely controversial as to us it seems like nothing.
> [{quoted}](name=Destaice,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hGeUJkk9,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-10T09:42:05.579+0000) > > The wording is “Engaging in any act that, in Blizzard’s sole discretion, brings you into public disrepute, offends a portion of group of the public, or otherwise damage’s Blizzards image.” > > You’ll have to keep in mind that in China what he did is extremely controversial as to us it seems like nothing. I am sure there is more then that, but if all there is that line, followed by a list of punishments. Then he did breach the rules and it's on him. I would still like to see the entire contract for the grandmaster series. I have a feeling like between the contract, event communications and etc, there were very explicit instructions given to him and all of the competitors. If you are told up front that you do x and your punishment is y. You have no reason to complain and you got what you had coming too you.
: > [{quoted}](name=Yboat,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hGeUJkk9,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-10-10T07:37:31.447+0000) > > One thing that I have not seen yet... did this guy have a contract that forbid him from doing what he did? > > If he did, that's his fualt. blizzard basically has a part in their tournament rules that reads vaguely that pretty much means ''if you say anything that we at blizzard do not like we have the right to suspend you and take back the money you won'' so yeah they can do it according to their rules but that doesn't make it any less scummy.
> [{quoted}](name=hhaavviikk,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hGeUJkk9,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-10-10T08:13:57.440+0000) > > blizzard basically has a part in their tournament rules that reads vaguely that pretty much means ''if you say anything that we at blizzard do not like we have the right to suspend you and take back the money you won'' so yeah they can do it according to their rules but that doesn't make it any less scummy. I would like to see the wording. It could clear state something about political statements, or wearing a mask. We don't know. Then again he could have been told specifically not to talk about it and did anyways. The hole deal stinks, but I am not sure blizz has all of the blame. I have never been at an e sports event, but I did compete in the pan American games twice and a went dozen or so international tournaments as a work out partner. Every time I had 100+ pages of documents I had to sign from each of the governing bodies.( 2-5 depending on the event) They had rules about just about everything. From when I could wear my usa gear, to what I could do or say in them. I won't even get into about how I still had too follow all us laws even though I was not on us soil. Hell, when I was in the ncaa, I had 900 and some odd pages I had to follow. I find it extremely hard to believe that he was not informed about what his responsibilities and thier expectations of him were. None of this is passing the smell test for me. They also banned two commentators. Which is the one thing that makes this really stink. Why fire them? Only 2 reasons come to my mind. 1 they knew what he was going to do and let him do it. 2 they knew he had stepped over the line and did not stop him. Both of which would be grounds for termination from any job that covers a high profile event. I will wait to cast judgment on any party here until I get more facts. All I have seen is sensationalized media coverage. I maybe wrong, I am just not buying what I have heard so far. I know blizzard has more then enough money to have a legal team that reviewed thier decision. Given the money and pr enovled it has to be more then just vague wording.
Destaice (NA)
: The Blizzard incident seems like controversy for the sake of controversy
One thing that I have not seen yet... did this guy have a contract that forbid him from doing what he did? If he did, that's his fualt.
: Does anyone else see champions and think "This doesnt belong in this game" ?
About half the roster. There are a lot of broken champs. I don't mean broken as in op, I mean just kits that should not be in the game
: > [{quoted}](name=ArtumisPrime,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qk6wNOxX,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-09T12:32:58.577+0000) > > Because Diana wants to burst you as quickly as possible, and also benefits from the extra movement speed to get close enough to Q R R. > > Cass might be better suited for the item on paper, but in practice she tends to be more of a skirmisher than a fully committing champion. This, coupled with Spellbinder's relatively short duration, make for it to be a suboptimal purchase on Cass. > > This is evidenced by Cass not having Spellbinder in her top 6 purchased items, but it is Diana's second most, at 53.8%, in the highest levels of play. > > https://www.probuilds.net/champions/details/131 > > https://www.probuilds.net/champions/details/69 Fair enough, but you'd think that it would take a while for Diana to charge that thing.
> [{quoted}](name=BLIGHTBRINGER,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qk6wNOxX,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-09T13:12:46.895+0000) > > Fair enough, but you'd think that it would take a while for Diana to charge that thing. Out side of the extreme late game, when it's off cd, it's charged. Any where past level 6 or so, as Diana you take camps, you roam, you push towers... remember she gets attack speed after a spell cast. So while attacking a tower to get a plate you can easily get 3 casts Edit, I would also like to point out that both components give you things you want on diana, one gives y oiu raw damage, the other gives you damage and movement speed. Both of which she wants. Also any where after level 6 in lane, a landed q, means you either die or you are blowing a Summoner spell to survive. Flash is wasted if she still has her second r
: What's the point of having Spellbinder and Spear of Shojin?
: Crashing
Still crashing out at 100% load
: > [{quoted}](name=Posui Gart,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xxOpXF66,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-07T12:48:54.014+0000) > > You don't care. Some other players do. I understand that but why always low elos and unranked players?
> [{quoted}](name=qIhMhHerman,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xxOpXF66,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-07T13:16:15.346+0000) > > I understand that but why always low elos and unranked players? Maybe because they thi k of that as thier ranked. I could care less about ranked, or even winning in norms, but that does not mean I don't want fair a d even games.
: Crashing
ESeTyRC (NA)
: Can We PLEASE Separate "DUO"s into FLEX.. and get a pure SOLO Queue?
Pure solo que fix so many problems. I have yet to figure out why mobas are so against it.
: so many scripters now O.O
I am sure there are scripts out there,.... my account was recently compromised. The guy played 1 Aram game before getting my account banned for using tools... I got it reversed in mins as it was clearly not me. I did watch the replay. There was clearly some type of aiming scrip used. In 3 years 1st I have seen.
: Ekko
He was buffed a few times recently, CD on w and r. Plus a 10 damage at all ranks on his e. Not exactly earth shattering. I think its more of he has been strong for a long time, just not popular
: Should there be a minimum amount of games required before you can take a champ into ranked?
Hots has a system I place where you have to have them to level 5. Which is 5-10 quick match/ unranked draft games played before you can take them into ranked. With hots games averaging about 20 mins, it works out to be about 2 hours of play. Now is this enough? I don't think so, but it does help stop the 1st time in ranked guys
FS Storm (NA)
: do you guys like autofill?
Trust me there are far worse things then autofill.... have you ever seen max que? It's when after a certain point you get the next game not matter what. You could be faker and matched with 10% win rate players. Personally I was ways pick fill. I find playing 1 lane borning
Yuiwara (EUW)
: killfarming instead of ending. its always the same. u often hear people say pls dont end shortly before the nexus/nexus towers are destroyed...
I fail to see how beating up on some one that can't fight back is fun. It's being a bully. Just end it and move on.
: I got a 75 kill game with katarina in a normal game?
How could you not finish the game?
Neriticc (EUW)
: Can you give HP onto Nashor Tooth and reduce the AP?
Let's see ap with health that morde would build. . {{item:3151}} {{item:3152}} {{item:3116}} here are 3 items that give him ap health, cdr and have useful traits/ active. Why would he need a 4th?
: Winning when your team got an afk,should give you more LP
Win traders would never abuse that...
Yuiwara (EUW)
: Midlane MAGE xD
> [{quoted}](name=Yuiwara,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OcPwbuje,comment-id=000f0000,timestamp=2019-09-30T15:07:59.256+0000) > > Midlane MAGE xD Rito says she is a mage/ fighter. I would say closer to a diver, if she had a way out she would be an assassin. I never understood the need for a way out when you can one shot some one. That's the trade off for being able to kill a carry.
Butt Pee (NA)
: Queue dodge penalty in aram
People dodge until they get a champ they want. People already do this with the timer, with out one aram games would never start.
Show more

Yboat

Level 262 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion