Rioter Comments
Shädäm (EUNE)
: Acquiring Champions is way too slow
I mean.... do you really need them all? I don't play most of them. I just have them because I'm a legacy account holder who had a lot of champs before the change from IP to BE. You would have hated the IP system. It took a lot longer to get champs under the old system.
Rioter Comments
Diävolo (EUW)
: Dude, these supports are the most useless supports. Because if they miss Q. They are afk. What needs nerfs is Brand/Zyra/Swain(support)/Lux/Veigar/Teemo...
I would respectfully disagree. From what I've observed lately, two types of supports are popular. Poke to death and CC to death and I think it's due to the more interactive nature of the types of support. Heal support, although still successful, it's not as exciting because it's been the meta before and it's probably just gotten stale to support players. EDIT: Additionally I think because it's something people aren't used to, it might just be more frustrating to deal with until they learn the strats to beat these comps.
HàrrowR (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2uYEQyEh,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-07-26T14:25:46.097+0000) > > *plays normals* > > *Expects rank to matter in normals* > > Thats not how matchmaking works. Tell me one reason why it shouldn't work like that? lvl 23 plays with lvl 23, those who frequently afk and leave get put together so they can enjoy their shitty company, hell i just had 3 leavers in my team https://gyazo.com/39f26224038b2b61e5fc6d11aae67ccd just the level since riot doesn't allow names on the boards
" those who frequently afk and leave get put together so they can enjoy their shitty company" Riot has addressed this in the past several times. What you are requesting is what is called "Prisoner's Island" and they said they do not like it and so they aren't doing it now or in the future. Back in the day when Lyte was still around, he addressed it and then even a few years ago when they did the Ask Riot thing about Prisoner's Island again after Lyte's departure.
: Permabanned for Botting
Did you buy your account?
: Is there truth to the "Never gank a losing lane" strategy?
Errr.... there's some truth to it, but the thing is, it's kind of hard to really give you a yes or no because it's so dependent on the situation. Is the player going to be totally useless if they get the gank and you get the kill anyway? If the answer is yes, then don't gank. Like if someone goes soraka top, she isn't going to be a powerhouse hypercarry and she can still contribute once she hits 6. There are just certain situations where it works out and certain situations where it doesn't work out. So for example, if you have a lane that doesn't know how to CS and a lane that doesn't know how to trade, then yeah, you're probably better off not ganking that lane. However, if it's that the enemy is only slightly ahead and winning but the gap can be closed, totally gank that lane.
Rioter Comments
Brakøn (NA)
: Chill out on the Item rng Riot.
Agreed... item RNG is really really bad right now. It basically feels like "if you win RNG, you win this game" instead of trying to get strats in with comps and what not.
: Why Do People Support Toxic Players?
Some people support toxic players because they themselves are toxic and find it reassuring and comforting that someone else is doing what they're doing. Some people support toxic players because they find it funny to watch melt downs or streams filled with insults. I don't watch any streamers who use racist language or say bigoted things. I don't want them to get views, let alone any financial support from me.
: About bans
That's something Riot has to explain to you because we, as forum members, don't have the knowledge to explain why it's not.
: Some one tell me what I did wrong because I dont see it with my Teemo Silver 3 Main Eyes!
Ok.... first, let me say you use all chat waaaaay too much for personal vendettas against the enemy team. You're trying to tilt the enemy team by taunting them but it's actually really annoying to read even as someone who is trying to help you understand what you did wrong. I would have blocked you even if I was your teammate. Second, you said you "mid is open," which means you gave up and intentionally created a situation to try and have your team lose. Third, you are kind of harassing your teammates in both games. Fourth, as you have said, you are permabanned. This means you got a 14 day temp ban prior to this AND got the warning that your NEXT infraction will lead to a permaban.
: Why Do People Lie Though
Lots of people try to fake the reports and it actually does nothing. All you have to do is report the liar for trying to bait fake reports and move on. There is a constant misconception that people think numbers of fake reports actually does something. People have kept spreading the idea that mass reports does something. All it does is create a more toxic environment because the person has just made a hostile comment and planted seeds of discord and ultimately if they keep doing anti-social things like that, it will piss their teammate or teammates off enough to just stop wanting to help them.
Hocker (NA)
: Re-Implement The Tribunal For "Soft Trolling" Report Reviews
I don't think the tribunal is a good idea again, at least not how it was implemented. It had a lot of flaws and even though I had a high accuracy rate for punishments, I don't think it was the best thing. The trolling thing really needs eyes on the game. You have to sit there and watch the game and I have a hunch that people would just auto punish and not watch the game, which defeats the purpose of the Tribunal. The Tribunal was supposed to be help from the player base to decipher toxic chat but ended up having way too many people automatically hit punish and hoping for points. I don't mind the idea of opening up more player behavior review methods, but not like this.
Rioter Comments
Guðr (NA)
: Can a support member PLEASE tell me how any of this is toxic/unjustified. Thanks
You are really negative and you kind of harass your teammates. What's the point of it? Rather than adding to the toxicity that you experienced, why not try and build a cooperative environment that fosters teamwork and can help win? You can help turn the tides.
Apriccot (NA)
: The benefits of banning toxic people would only outweigh letting them stay if they actually left. You're ignoring the glaring fact that league is a super addicting game. Every single person I know who got permad went back soon after. Permabans create new problems and solve none, because the players return and they're even more disgruntled than before, giving even fewer fucks this time, making the community even more toxic. Also, riot doesn't just ban hyper toxic people, they ban anyone who has a streak of even mildly toxic behavior. Player's who've been great for years are getting permad because riot likes to pretend that good people suddenly become toxic, and that it's not the shitty community, or temporary circumstances in their lives. Worst of all, the discipline system makes kids think that anyone that hurts their feelings is "toxic" and big brother riot will come in and drop the hammer, instead of them developing thick skin and working on being tougher emotionally.
https://gal.patheticcockroach.com/_data/i/galleries/humor/thread-necromancy/thread_necromancy_2-me.jpg
: Permaban reversal Request
The forums cannot help you get your account unbanned. We can only help you understand why you got permabanned. If you want to appeal the decision, you have to submit a support ticket. You'll get the blitzcrank bot but that's just like a "did you read your reform card first?" response. If you click that it didn't answer your question, it'll continue the support process.
: what that i said would of offended you, remember the person i'm talking to is calling their support truly horrible things and the most i do is point out bad decision, trying to open said persons eyes to the hypocrisy of yelling at someone with same score as you who took same fight as you. if you cant type that much in a game your wpm must be horribly low, i would understand if they were longwinded sentences but its easy to type 5 words still have time to drop pings before next camp. Fyi the thing i did that got me banned was making a joke when someone else asked for a report on my feeder so i made a joke about free 1v1's if they reported, then second game in post game i was talking to my team but still asked for a ban. which unknown to me is against the rules but the did you knows in load screen have educated me on such useful things as how demacian silver steel is special and that normal ice melts but magic ice is different. i like how i can say i believe that to be an encompassing thing of silver players we are bad its why we are silver. so not to troll others of simple mistakes cause if you believe you havn't made similar mistakes you are wrong or you wouldn't be in my mmr cause i know i'm here cause i suck and make mistakes. sorry i wish more people in the world would reflect on their own mistakes instead of yelling at strangers and dropping racial slurs. If you think clogging chat to support someone who is being called a useless n word and a moron is not being cooperative with my team mates cool man. I would rather that support leave the game with some faith in humanity then me leave with a W.
> [{quoted}](name=IgnorantJamoke,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=6y8dWAnM,comment-id=0006000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-31T18:05:51.473+0000) > > what that i said would of offended you, remember the person i'm talking to is calling their support truly horrible things and the most i do is point out bad decision, trying to open said persons eyes to the hypocrisy of yelling at someone with same score as you who took same fight as you. if you cant type that much in a game your wpm must be horribly low, i would understand if they were longwinded sentences but its easy to type 5 words still have time to drop pings before next camp. Fyi the thing i did that got me banned was making a joke when someone else asked for a report on my feeder so i made a joke about free 1v1's if they reported, then second game in post game i was talking to my team but still asked for a ban. which unknown to me is against the rules but the did you knows in load screen have educated me on such useful things as how demacian silver steel is special and that normal ice melts but magic ice is different. i like how i can say i believe that to be an encompassing thing of silver players we are bad its why we are silver. so not to troll others of simple mistakes cause if you believe you havn't made similar mistakes you are wrong or you wouldn't be in my mmr cause i know i'm here cause i suck and make mistakes. sorry i wish more people in the world would reflect on their own mistakes instead of yelling at strangers and dropping racial slurs. > If you think clogging chat to support someone who is being called a useless n word and a moron is not being cooperative with my team mates cool man. I would rather that support leave the game with some faith in humanity then me leave with a W. This thread is not about you. Your thread has all the comments it needs to explain why you were punished.
Hotarµ (NA)
: >they actually did start things... Yeah, I've been here for a while and I've seen it happen before. In this particular scenario though, what OP is saying fully lines up to the situation. There was no reason for him to say "scared of saying f--got so you dont get banned?" out of the blue. It just doesn't make any sense. Could he have tried to bait someone? Maybe. But in my response directly to OP I still didn't condone usage of the word, told him that his punishment may not be lifted, and that there's no logic in repeating a bannable phrase. It probably wasn't an unwarranted response but still, I wasn't trying to justify it.
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=13EEEIM5,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-30T17:44:32.229+0000) > > Yeah, I've been here for a while and I've seen it happen before. > > In this particular scenario though, what OP is saying fully lines up to the situation. There was no reason for him to say "scared of saying f--got so you dont get banned?" out of the blue. It just doesn't make any sense. > > Could he have tried to bait someone? Maybe. But in my response directly to OP I still didn't condone usage of the word, told him that his punishment may not be lifted, and that there's no logic in repeating a bannable phrase. > > It probably wasn't an unwarranted response but still, I wasn't trying to justify it. But f-g is still a zero tolerance policy word just as f- - - - t is and does get someone punished... which begs the question, why would one have to respond with: flex q abuser: scaring of saying %%%%%% so you dont get banned? There's a chance that the person on the receiving end of the above comment was using different language and it honestly appears more like a bait for zero tolerance policy language rather than a response to a zero tolerance policy word.
: Perma Ban
The NA permaban experiment has ended. Paying for access to skins and champs does not mean you are allowed to be toxic to people. It's a harsh lesson to learn but hopefully you take this seriously from now on.
Hotarµ (NA)
: The OP stated that Player 1 called him a "f-g" first. He _then_ responded by saying "scared of saying f--got so you dont get banned?" Not saying it's justified but OP didn't start this one.
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=13EEEIM5,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-12-30T17:19:00.752+0000) > > The OP stated that Player 1 called him a "f-g" first. He _then_ responded by saying "scared of saying f--got so you dont get banned?" > > Not saying it's justified but OP didn't start this one. People claim they don't start things and then when Riot looks at the full chat logs, they actually did start things... many times I've seen on the forums, Tantram comes down and smites them and calls them out on their lies in trying to garner sympathy on the forums. It has been futile because the forum does not have the power to undo any punishments, only to help people understand why they got punished. Only player behavior has the power to undo or lighten punishments. People always downvote the warning of lying to the forums but out of all of the warning posts I've made about false proclamations, only ONE person has actually gotten their punishment reversed. Every other post has gone dead silent afterwards or the OP has complained the punishment wasn't removed and called them BS or Tantram has come down and smote them in the thread.
: Players flipping on the troll switch mid game
Unfortunately, mute, report, and move on. That's really the best option.
wolf jade (EUNE)
: do you think i can make it?
: Unfair Ban System
Two things: 1) based on your side of the chat log, it appears that YOU were the one who started with that %'ed word and was trying to bait them into saying it so that you could get them punished. flex q abuser: scaring of saying %%%%%% so you dont get banned? If you open up a support ticket and this indeed is the case, you may get a harsher punishment because Tantram has escalated things based on his own review of someone's chat logs and had player behavior follow up on it. I distinctly remember a case where the person had tried to bait others into saying zero tolerance policy words and falsely claimed that a person had called him that word and that did not end well for the person who falsely claimed that. Riot has access to full chat logs, both sides, not just what you see in your reform card. 2) If this is not how it appears, and it is a false positive, then you can open a support ticket and appeal the decision and request a review. You may get your punishment removed, however, you must be polite and courteous to them because they have no obligation to remove your punishment.
: > [{quoted}](name=YerroFever,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2OfAEdgI,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-12-27T05:37:38.832+0000) > > I've played since season 2 and it has gotten better IMO. I have see it get better in Aram but not in Summoners. I've been around since season 2 as well, so I have accrued quite a few games and seen a lot. It's not like I'm just experiencing "a" bad game and basing it on that.
> [{quoted}](name=MashedTatorz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2OfAEdgI,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-12-27T05:48:12.704+0000) > > I have see it get better in Aram but not in Summoners. I've been around since season 2 as well, so I have accrued quite a few games and seen a lot. It's not like I'm just experiencing "a" bad game and basing it on that. I think it's better on SR as well as ARAM. Both our experiences are anecdotal evidence so I don't really know for sure if your experience or my experience is the average or if your experience and my experience are at the edges of the bell curve.
: toxic player reporting (poll)
I always tell people that the code to review games is boolean and that their report is sufficient and there's no need to ask for reports.
: Agree with most, this gaming community is pure toxic IMO
I've played since season 2 and it has gotten better IMO.
: "Easy"/"ez" at the end of a match should be a zero-tolerance phrase
I think it's really unsportsmanlike but I don't think it's on the same level as racial or homophobic slurs...
: i read this and i get why he was banned, i got banned for saying the word BAD cause its supper offensive when you tell bot that going in 1 by 1 cause they are typing to each other is bad.
> [{quoted}](name=IgnorantJamoke,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=6y8dWAnM,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-12-23T21:22:02.215+0000) > > i read this and i get why he was banned, i got banned for saying the word BAD cause its supper offensive when you tell bot that going in 1 by 1 cause they are typing to each other is bad. I read your thread and I strongly disagree. I do not think that you got banned for saying "bad" I think you got banned for flaming and harassing your teammates and clogging team chat with toxic chat instead of playing the game and trying to be cooperative with your teammates.
: I'm not buying this biased crap. The only reason it is so easy to get banned, because of greed and nothing else, otherwise RIOT would introduce permanent CHAT ban. I have friends that "behaved even worse" and never have been banned, because they haven't spent a dime on this game. And I really was banned by a bot, because it was immediately after the game. Whatever, steal my money, but no more. I'm not investing money in this game anymore and will encourage the others to do so. Oh boy, will be fun, once SJW will influence this company.
> [{quoted}](name=MorphiumCZ,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HUY7JJe1,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-22T22:05:04.517+0000) > > I'm not buying this biased crap. The only reason it is so easy to get banned, because of greed and nothing else, otherwise RIOT would introduce permanent CHAT ban. I have friends that "behaved even worse" and never have been banned, because they haven't spent a dime on this game. And I really was banned by a bot, because it was immediately after the game. Whatever, steal my money, but no more. I'm not investing money in this game anymore and will encourage the others to do so. Oh boy, will be fun, once SJW will influence this company. I don't think you have been playing league for long, otherwise you would have known Lyte did implement permanent chat bans and it made those players more toxic with in game behavior like inting, afking, trolling, abandoning teammates, and other forms of griefing. There's actually no profit gained from permanently banning someone. It's just the tired rhetoric of the permanently banned to make themselves feel better about their wrongdoings. There's no proof and also no reason for someone to spend more money on a game that has already permanently banned their account. Why would you re-buy skins when you know you're already at risk of being permanently banned again for your behavior? It's not reasonable but it sounds like a great excuse to throw out there because it demonizes Riot and conveniently places a halo on top of your head. You are proof that it's not about greed because you already said you are not going to invest money in this game anymore. If it was about greed, they wouldn't permanently ban you and they would let you keep buying access to more skins.
MisterGay (EUW)
: Is that ban really justified?
Just so you know, there is absolutely NO reason to ever repeat someone's words. This is a false positive on the zero tolerance policy word, HOWEVER, those insults you threw at the other player.... oh my.... I think you will still be punished for those words. You may get a removal of the zero tolerance policy punishment, but you may still have an underlying punishment stay on and you might end up with a 14 day punishment anyway because of the way you talk to people.
: 14 day ban for this? lol
Here's some of the stuff I thought was negative and could contribute to why you should have gotten a punishment > [{quoted}](name=Inting KhaZix,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=AXOezAsU,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-12-22T16:18:46.439+0000) > > Game 1 > In-Game > Inting KhaZix: your'e gay > Inting KhaZix: shut the hell your mouth > Inting KhaZix: i hope your have cerebral palsy > Inting KhaZix: lux noob kappa > Inting KhaZix: i have more cs > Inting KhaZix: NOOOBO > Inting KhaZix: XDXD > Inting KhaZix: lux > Inting KhaZix: cvome mmid > Inting KhaZix: or gay > Inting KhaZix: haha noob > Inting KhaZix: you aer not in m > Inting KhaZix: so gay > Inting KhaZix: root > Inting KhaZix: next plsase > Inting KhaZix: LOL NOOB > Inting KhaZix: TROLLED EPIC STYLE > Inting KhaZix: what does vore mean > Inting KhaZix: ur agay noob > Inting KhaZix: shut your hell mouth > Inting KhaZix: gg > Inting KhaZix: ez > Post-Game > Inting KhaZix: 2 ezx > Inting KhaZix: you are noobs > Inting KhaZix: LOLOL > Inting KhaZix: noobs > Inting KhaZix: asdfdgfgs > Inting KhaZix: gay > Inting KhaZix: i bet you have two moms > Sadly there was nothing in your chat log that I could delete that was not negative. Your whole chat log is nothing but negative interactions with other players. If any of the in game was in all chat, you would most likely have gotten reported by the other team. That post game chat is guaranteed to have gotten you reported because everyone sees that. > To be honest, I don't actually see the issue here. There's nothing I see that's either a zero-tolerance word or homophobia? In addition, this was from 2 days ago, and it was clearly a troll. I was in a 5-man, and none of them reported me. Can someone help me understand? I'm not seeing the ban here, but okay. It's easily seen none of the chat was actually serious. You were harassing people and being homophobic. I'm not sure how you don't think saying "i bet you have two moms" isn't homophobic. You are using it as an insult based on the orientation of the parents. You also call someone or some people gay as an insult. That's homophobia. "so gay" "ur agay noob" (sic) etc... It's baffling that you don't see your homophobia.You are using an orientation as an insult. It doesn't matter if the person is or is not gay and it does not matter if their parents are lesbian or not. It's like calling someone a n - - - - r. It does not matter if they are actually black or not. You are being racist because you are using a race as an insult. You are harassing players and calling them noobs in addition to being homophobic. Based on this sole chat log, you may have had a prior history. If you did not, I don't necessarily think it's wrong that they 14 day temp banned you. This is clearly an attempt to avoid calling someone a f - - - - t but still trying to harass and flame them using sexual orientation. It's easy to avoid the zero tolerance policy words to harass someone but still convey the same message. The message is really what zero tolerance policy is about. They are cracking down on the message as a whole. It's the same as someone telling another person they should "commit suicide" rather than saying "kill yourself"/"kys." You're not saying the exact phrase that is in the list of the zero tolerance policy words, but you are conveying an identical message.
: Bring Back the Tribunal #innocenttillprovenguilty
You don't want the tribunal back. Based on their reports and statistics, many players participated in the tribunal and just auto-guilty clicked in hopes to get rewards. I didn't participate that much but I was close to the max of extra cases you could review within a few months because my punishment accuracy was high. There were many people who had the minimum number of cases review-able because they just auto-punished people without reading the case file.
: I honestly wish 50% of the players in this game, that I have ever played with, were perm-banned.
I don't ask players in my games if they've been premabanned before so I don't know. I can tell you that I THINK that about 20-25% of the players I have played with have had some history of punishment based on their behavior in game and what they type in chat pre game, in game, and post game. However, I cannot confirm it because I just don't know and honestly it's really not my business.
: already submitted, still don't agree with the ban and how can anyone think this is a strong BM? I have hardly said a word for past two months. These two games were exception although, again, this cant be counted as BM. I hope someone reviews my case.
> [{quoted}](name=MorphiumCZ,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HUY7JJe1,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-12-22T02:09:26.397+0000) > > already submitted, still don't agree with the ban and how can anyone think this is a strong BM? I have hardly said a word for past two months. These two games were exception although, again, this cant be counted as BM. I hope someone reviews my case. To me, your chat logs indicate negative behavior and possibly warranting of punishment. After a 14 day ban, your NEXT punishment is elevated to a permaban while your account is in bad standing. That means something that would have gotten you a 10 game chat restriction gets turned into a permanent ban. While you are in bad standing, the permanent ban does not need to come from a severe and extreme action on your part. This isn't a 100% clean account that gets punished for such a severe and extreme action that warrants a permanent ban after one infraction. You have a history of negative behavior and that's what is taken into account and why your punishment is getting elevated for what would have been a chat restriction for a clean account. Looking at other replies, like i sona i's response, someone has already indicated some of the problematic text that you have typed out. > [{quoted}](name=MorphiumCZ,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=HUY7JJe1,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-22T14:38:04.655+0000) > > BOT, how is this bannable? This was just taken out of context. That cannot even be considered as harassment as in both cases I haven't started it. Where is harassment, I got harassed, but you or your other BOT colleague ignores that, he just banned cause the harasser(s) reported me. How on earth can I be banned for this? Why no one sees my progress throughout last months? Why only two games were picked? You shouldn't be looking for ANY reason to ban me, as I am actually contributing to your salary. Now I cannot invest money into this game, as you are just lurking in every corner, looking for reasons to ban after I invest money in my account. This is just outrageous. RIP freedom of speech. I'm also responding to this as well to help you understand what's going on. First, you said that you did not start it. Riot has repeatedly stated that harassing someone back is still harassment. Fighting fire with fire only burns the whole house down. Just because someone else started it doesn't mean you are immune from punishment and can do and say whatever you want. The logic behind this is actually quite reasonable. When one person flames or harasses someone, if the target ignores and mutes them, the flamer or harasser doesn't have anything to reply to which means there's nothing to escalate the situation except their own frustration. That means the other 3 people on the team are only experiencing negativity from one player. If you flame or harass back, the other 3 players now are experiencing negativity from two players, which overall reduces their gaming experience. Even though they aren't the target of the flame or harassment, being in the same room and hearing and reading the text is still a negative experience for teammates. This is why Riot punishes everyone who engages in negative chat. Riot has given you the means to mute their text and pings and emotes so you don't have to see or hear their harassment. In the eyes of your teammates, and Riot, you should have muted and moved on, but you did not. You were choosing to participate in harassment and that is why you are being punished. As for the last few months and progress, your progress clearly wasn't enough. For only two games to appear, it means that you've had a continued history of negative behavior that wasn't severe enough to get you a punishment individually, which is the slack Riot has given you to not punish you at the first sign of negative behavior. Riot has determined that you've had enough of a pattern to show that you aren't progressing and aren't reforming. To be honest, your replies in this thread are indicative that you don't see anything wrong with your behavior. Particularly with the faulty claim of freedom of speech. Not only is this the repeated cry on the forums by toxic players trying to justify why their punishment is not warranted, it's also a faulty argument. In your private home or private place of business, you are well within your rights to eject anyone who says or does anything that offends you. This is what Riot is doing. You are on Riot's private property (you are on Riot's gaming platform and forums on Riot's servers). Your claim to freedom of speech is null and void here. When player behavior responds to you, I HIGHLY suggest that you not bring up freedom of speech as it's an invalid argument. I would also highly suggest you look at your own behavior before responding to the player behavior specialist. Really take in that participating in harassment back at someone is still negative and is not a good way to handle the situation, however justified you feel. Sure they will look at the situation with sympathy if indeed you were harassed and you have a history of just brushing it off and those were off days. However, if you have a pattern of continuously firing back with the expectation that you will not be punished, the behavior specialists will not look well on that. Be apologetic, be polite, and be sincere to the player behavior specialist and they may give you a second chance. If the player behavior specialist deems your support ticket and interaction with them worthy of another chance, this will extend the time your account stays in bad standing and you will continue to be on thin ice. You will be scrutinized harder because you not only have had this thread up where people explain things to you, but also that you were already given an additional chance. You have no inherent right to play Riot's games. It's a privilege they extend to you and you have to recognize that.
: permabanned by bot
Just an FYI, the forums is not the proper place to ask for an appeal of your punishment, the forum can only help you understand why you got punished by reviewing your reform card with you. As for 14 day bans, Tantram has said that on average, a player will get out of bad standing in 3 months. This means that you're on thin ice during the whole time. If you had slightly negative chat that wasn't punished prior to this, it'll extend the time of you being on thin ice. So depending on your chat, you could be on thin ice for less than 3 months or longer than 3 months. You were given a warning on your 14 day temp ban that your next punishment will be a permanent ban. Also, permabans are not done by bots. To my knowledge, based on what reds have said, a person reviewed your file and agreed with the IFS and permanently banned you. As for your request for an appeal, if you want an appeal, you have to go to the support section and open a support ticket. Those of us on NA go to support.riotgames.com but since you're on EUW, I don't know if it's the same. Best way is to hover over the drop down menus and go to the support link.
JulzFTW (NA)
: One game = 14 day ban
Zero tolerance policy words are going to get you on 14 day bans because Riot wants you to know how serious they think your offense is. Remember, this is Riot's game and you're playing on their property. If they don't want you saying something that is %-ed out, then don't say that word. Things that are typically %-ed out are things like racist slurs and homophobic slurs and what not... Also that three letter acronym to tell someone to end their life is also zero tolerance.
PSTAR (NA)
: Someone is sending friend request throughout my accounts?
It's probably a bot that is spamming requests and then leveling/elo boosting ads. Just block them.
: someone threatened to track me and hurt me
As long as you submitted the unedited screen shots of the conversation to player support, they'll look into it. However, just an FYI, you shouldn't accept friend requests from people you think are going to be salty and harass you. Just block them and move on. You add people at your own risk.
: So first off, there's no obligation on your end to purchase RP. You can progress through this game without having to spend a dime. You can buy the champs you want with free currency and obtain cosmetics without buying anything Further, if they just give back money you spent on the game, there's no incentive to permaban anyone. You spent $100 on a permabanned account, here's your money back, now you can spend it on another. This also drives incentive for players to return to the game after being permanently banned, which is not what they want. They do not want permabanned players returning to the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=bT9iu7Ea,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2018-12-18T20:35:12.010+0000) > > So first off, there's no obligation on your end to purchase RP. You can progress through this game without having to spend a dime. You can buy the champs you want with free currency and obtain cosmetics without buying anything > > Further, if they just give back money you spent on the game, there's no incentive to permaban anyone. You spent $100 on a permabanned account, here's your money back, now you can spend it on another. > > This also drives incentive for players to return to the game after being permanently banned, which is not what they want. They do not want permabanned players returning to the game. I would disagree that there's no incentive to permaban anyone. The point of the permaban is to encourage behavioral change. Not to obtain money. If there was a refund, there would be no incentive for players to improve their behavior after a permaban because there is no consequence to their action and would ultimately lead to a significantly more toxic gaming environment.
: Hail Mary
You paid for instant access to a skin and champion, all of which you could get for free through playing the game and opening hextech chests. What's unethical is you treating human beings horribly and being allowed to continue to do so without consequence. What you consider unethical isn't really seen as unethical by most people.
: Sexism in League must stop
Mute and report them. Standing up to them in game only lets them know they got under your skin and they'll just harass you more to try and distract you. Don't let them win this shitty head game. Keep your cool and wreck their face. If you want to address it at the end of the game, you can but I suggest just ignoring it and reporting them only and moving on. It almost never ends well when engaging with trolls.
BradNo (NA)
: No one honors when they lose. How can I fix that?
Reds have posted that you only need to be neutral to get progress out of dishonorable. Just remember that if you type out stuff in game, if it's slightly negative, it will halt your honor progress. You won't get punished, but it'll extend your stay in dishonorable. (Reds have also stated this). A lot of people have said that just not responding or typing anything has been one of the fastest ways to get out of dishonorable. I don't know if this is true or not because I have no personal experience in it and it's all kind of anecdotal evidence on the forums but what I have seen is a pattern of players complaining that they get honors in post game and they are still in dishonored for months, which makes me believe that what the reds said about being slightly negative in games does halt your honor progress regardless of whether or not someone gives you an honor post game. Anyway, best of luck and hopefully you'll get out of dishonorable soon!
: The Toxic Players In-Game
1) "Anivia is that all you got ?" So the quote above to me is considered "trash talk" as it's adversarial but not hostile. The devs have talked about this and they have said that "trash talk" by itself isn't punishable, BUT if it turns into harassment, YES IT CAN BE PUNISHED. What a lot of people don't understand is that what they consider "trash talk" isn't the same as what the devs consider "trash talk" and some people think that calling someone a "n-----r" or "f----t" is "trash talk" because they just don't understand the difference between "trash talk" and harassment... or try to claim it's "trash talk" just to get out of a ban. It's enough of a problem that the EUNE site had to put up an explanation so you can read it here: https://eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/trash-talk There are always pros and cons of it, but IMO, trash talk is stupid because it's not about being a better player, it's about trying to tilt the enemy team through your words. So when players trash talk, it shows me that they're so bad that the only way they can win games is by insulting and taunting the enemy. Sure it's a viable tactic, but to me it just shows that you're worse at the game than the person of an equal rank that doesn't trash talk. 2) "mass report" You are concerned about mass reporting, however, Tantram, the dev who wrote the code for the new report system, has stated it's boolean. 1 report triggers reviews, so it actually doesn't matter if 9 people report you in 1 game or if 1 person reports you in 1 game. That game is going to get reviewed. Now if 9 people report you in 9 separate games, that's a different story. You're getting mass reported through multiple games and that's not the same as 9 people reporting you in that single game. Based on what Tantram has stated about the reporting code and in general, it's much worse to have a pattern of 9 games of toxic behavior than 1 game of 9 people reporting you for an isolated incident.
: I know it was probably a bad idea to goof on him/her, but quoting someone shouldn't get you banned. Usually quoting is used to hold people accountable for what they said or believe in whether good or bad. I looked up videos after I got banned and realized, oh, I probably got banned for quoting "kys" as where everything else I said was pretty much equivalent to child's humor. Which I believe a 14 day ban and chat suspension isn't a fair trade for such an act. I believe the automated system is why I got this ban. I'm not trying to report the player, I'm more curious as to if this punishment is legit or if issued due to an automated system punishing a quote, Basically my form of retaliation was to do kid like trolling. I have submitted a ticket, another player has helped out with how to do that. As of now, I received Blitzcrank Bot as a reply which doesn't sit well with me, due to this probably being a punishment issued by a automated system for a out of context quote.
> [{quoted}](name=SoulDraxios,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2YFHPU6u,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-12-12T17:45:48.805+0000) > > I know it was probably a bad idea to goof on him/her, but quoting someone shouldn't get you banned. Usually quoting is used to hold people accountable for what they said or believe in whether good or bad. I looked up videos after I got banned and realized, oh, I probably got banned for quoting "kys" as where everything else I said was pretty much equivalent to child's humor. Which I believe a 14 day ban and chat suspension isn't a fair trade for such an act. I believe the automated system is why I got this ban. > > I'm not trying to report the player, I'm more curious as to if this punishment is legit or if issued due to an automated system punishing a quote, Basically my form of retaliation was to do kid like trolling. > > I have submitted a ticket, another player has helped out with how to do that. As of now, I received Blitzcrank Bot as a reply which doesn't sit well with me, due to this probably being a punishment issued by a automated system for a out of context quote. The first reply is a stock automated reply which basically has the same info as the reform card to make sure people read their punishment card. If people didn't read it in the client and went to the support tickets, it's actually an efficient way to curb unnecessary reviews of punishments with players who just needed to read the card to understand why they were punished. If the repeat of the reform card didn't answer your question, you can proceed to a player behavior support specialist. They will be able to manually review everything. As for your question about why you got the punishment, yes, it's because you used the zero tolerance policy phrase in reference to something someone said to you. Based on your side of the chat logs, it's a false positive. However, there's seriously never any need to repeat what other people say. People will get you on false positives because it is a machine learning system and it's still not the best at catching false positives. It's learning so it's not 100% accurate, which is why they allow appeals of the IFS. They're just trying to be as time efficient as possible. There have been enough times where people just go straight to support and the time would have been saved if they just sat down and read the reform card. The blitzcrank support bot basically like a captcha of "did you really read the reform card?" kind of thing and not the end of the player behavior appeal process.
: Is this a truly bannable offense or a false positive
First, there's no reason to repeat anything someone said. It's already in the chat log for the game. Just mute and report and move on. Repeating it only just makes things worse for you and most likely will end in an escalation between you and the person who you are having a problem with in game. Second, if it's truly a false positive and you aren't making it up just to try and get people banned by claiming they said it (this has happened and people tried to claim it on the forums and Tantram came down on them hard and escalated the situation with player behavior because of this habitual behavior) you can open up a support ticket and ask for a review of the chat log because player behavior gets to see the whole chat log while you only get to see what you said. If indeed this is a false positive, you will most likely get your punishment reversed. You should be very polite and respectful in your support ticket and in subsequent interactions with them. They have no obligation to reverse your punishment.
: why are you required to be honor level 2 to recieve a ranked border?
It's an incentive to NOT be toxic. The purpose of the rewards is to encourage a better gaming environment. Riot clearly stated this a long time ago.
Dr Dog (NA)
: this board just feels..
Yeah, it would be nice to have some reds come on the PB side more often. There are a lot of people spreading misinformation regardless of whether or not people quote red posts to try and combat the misinformation :-(
: Riot Fuckin Games
Post your chat logs. There's a slight misconception that asking for a report is harassment. Reds have posted that asking for a report is slightly toxic BUT if you use asking for a report as a springboard to harassment, it gets bundled together into the harassment. Because the code is boolean, there's no reason to ever ask for anyone to report another person. Your report is sufficient. Ultimately, asking for reports tends to cause people to become hostile and it usually escalates in chat, which means it's best to not ask for reports in general.
Show more

YerroFever

Level 154 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion