Rioter Comments
Pika Fox (NA)
: You mean the flat armor that nearly everyone got added to their kit in preseason?
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1Ob7ywFA,comment-id=000600010000,timestamp=2018-09-25T01:26:15.235+0000) > > You mean the flat armor that nearly everyone got added to their kit in preseason? Not everyone. Most mages didn't got armor added to their base stats, they got HP instead.
Rioter Comments
Phridolin (EUW)
: If they want to buff his E I would suggest to make either the range higher or it’s Cd lower. It’s a pain in the ass to play vs range champions toplane especially Quinn. So I would appreciate to make E CD higher (already over 20 sec at early levels) but make the range higher so a Quinn cannot jump away before he he gets in hook range. And Q is the skill with the biggest autplay Potential sadly. That’s why I hate Garen cause they jump right into your face and you cannot dmg and heal with your Q. That’s where I loved old Darius were dudes could jump in his face, Darius didn’t care and just Q without heavy drawbacks - I mean even his castanimation was quicker. (But I like his new castanimation cause it feels more like he wields a heavy weapon)
> [{quoted}](name=Phridolin,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8NJUa3rv,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-09-20T14:23:44.697+0000) > > If they want to buff his E I would suggest to make either the range higher or it’s Cd lower. > > It’s a pain in the ass to play vs range champions toplane especially Quinn. So I would appreciate to make E CD higher (already over 20 sec at early levels) but make the range higher so a Quinn cannot jump away before he he gets in hook range. > > And Q is the skill with the biggest autplay Potential sadly. That’s why I hate Garen cause they jump right into your face and you cannot dmg and heal with your Q. > > That’s where I loved old Darius were dudes could jump in his face, Darius didn’t care and just Q without heavy drawbacks - I mean even his castanimation was quicker. (But I like his new castanimation cause it feels more like he wields a heavy weapon) If his E range was higher, he would consistently beat ranged champions, while being even more of a pain for melees, which would be zoned harder. It is already possible for Darius to have a chance to beat ranged champions, with Phase Rush and/or Ghost.
Hayaishi (NA)
: I just dont get how are you all afraid of Darius. That champ does nothing unless ahead, his impact in fights is so delayed, hard cc destroys him as he relies on Q healing to survive, he isn't tanky enough nor he has enouh utility. His playstyle is so limited. He is the worse of the juggernauts IMO. You know who you should be scared of? Jax, camille, Irelia the mobile tanky bruisers with tons of utility.
> [{quoted}](name=Hayaishi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8NJUa3rv,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-20T12:02:21.093+0000) > > I just dont get how are you all afraid of Darius. That champ does nothing unless ahead, his impact in fights is so delayed, hard cc destroys him as he relies on Q healing to survive, he isn't tanky enough nor he has enouh utility. His playstyle is so limited. He is the worse of the juggernauts IMO. > > You know who you should be scared of? Jax, camille, Irelia the mobile tanky bruisers with tons of utility. Darius is incredibly oppressive early game, peharps the most oppressive early game champion. He can beat and zone every single melee champion early game, while he has a chance of beating ranged champions too, when he uses things like Phase Rush or Ghost. Also, due to the fact that he can essentially ignore armor as I explained above, you don't even have the option to itemize defensively against him. For immobile champions it is even worse, as once Darius uses his E on you, you are dead, or at very least, he takes away a good portion of your life. The main counterplay against that is your jungler camping him and that is very unreliable, as most junglers in SoloQ aren't willing to even gank top. Also, Darius can freeze the lane better than other lane bullies because he isn't forced to push. Come later in the game, Darius does fall off, and it gets significantly easier to deal with him, especially for a good portion of his matchups. That said, his early game is so oppressive that people would rather not have to deal with him.
Moody P (NA)
: Black Cleaver LUL
> [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8NJUa3rv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-20T02:31:01.721+0000) > > Black Cleaver LUL It is still a viable choice against enemies that stack armor, especially because it can help your ADC with the armor penetration.
Rioter Comments
: that fact that it's 0 in competitive
> [{quoted}](name=AirKingNeo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4k0n8Z2F,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-18T22:22:10.321+0000) > > that fact that it's 0 in competitive Competitive doesn't even represent 1% of the playerbase.
BleKz (EUW)
: Making Kha'Zix mid an option without buffing him in the jungle at all
Another thing that could make him more viable mid was to make his W's cooldown scale down with level. This way you would have the option to max it if you wanted to have better waveclear.
: Riot really does try to keep champs in certain roles because that's what they're built around. Karma and Janna can't go mid any more, Lulu can't go top, Kled can't gain courage off jungle creeps, etc. Sure, they could do it, but they have no reason to other than to please a minority of people who want to do something they weren't designed to do.
> [{quoted}](name=Ionian Vulpix,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=H67XRT6O,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-11T23:19:36.064+0000) > > Riot really does try to keep champs in certain roles because that's what they're built around. Karma and Janna can't go mid any more, Lulu can't go top, Kled can't gain courage off jungle creeps, etc. > > Sure, they could do it, but they have no reason to other than to please a minority of people who want to do something they weren't designed to do. Actually, Kha'Zix was designed to be a laner, and a long time ago he was a mid laner. This is completely different from Janna or Lulu or Kled. With that said, Lulu can still be played mid, and she could be a better laner if they increased her Q AP ratio like they would do a long time ago (they reverted that buff)
Rioter Comments
: Account was hacked, contacted support for help to recover it, so they banned me
You need to post this on Reddit, and the player behavior boards. Call as much attention as possible. Unfortunately, most of time that is the only way to get such matters resolved.
: (Potentially) Unpopular opinion: Zed would be a much healthier champion if he was ap, not ad
> [{quoted}](name=Trap or a Trick,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GU21drly,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-10T02:04:18.673+0000) > > Less **one shots** from pressing R **auto** (duskblade and sometimes stormrazor) e then ult back to safety, you actually have to land your q now, wOAH, {{item:3100}} {{item:3146}} {{item:3152}}
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: September 7
Hey Meddler, what do you think of Hecarim? {{champion:120}} He seems very weak currently and has none of the tools that other bruisers currently have, and doesn't even have the option to top lane currently. He is also too reliant on snowballing but can't snowball as reliably as other meta junglers, despite the fact that he falls off late game.
: Katarina, despite what your late-night searches might tell you, has no testicles for a mosquito to land on. So for her the quote would still be accurate.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=9KQ1cO8X,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-06T20:15:06.602+0000) > > Katarina, despite what your late-night searches might tell you, has no testicles for a mosquito to land on. So for her the quote would still be accurate. What if the mosquito lands in her boobs then
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Senpanda (NA)
: Buffing renekton LMAO
There are a bunch of champions that are more opressive than Renekton
LeAnime (NA)
: See I believe that Guinsoo's has caused most of the problem. It makes on-hit balance around having that item because if you don't do that then on-hit with Guinsoo's will be absurdly OP because on the every other attack doubles on-hit effects.
They need to make on-hit itemization more like crit itemization, where multiple items are needed to achieve carry potential. This would force on-hit champions to build squishy if they wanted to do damage. Guinsoo currently doesn't allow that because it multiplies damage in an absurd way to the point that the champion will probably be able to build tanky after that.
: You should bring back scaling AP/AD/MR/AR runes maybe Lethality and MS. Maybe a third stat option being Utility offering a choice between CDR/MS/Health regen/Mana regen/Spell vamp/life steal. Now that runs into the problem that it may be "too complicated" for newer players. Also PLEASE consider reverting the TP nerf,it sucks not being able to interact with the map as much as a top laner... Or maybe test a randomised dragon spawn between baron pit and regular dragon pit.Where it's a 50-50 if a dragon will spawn top side or bot side.
I wouldn't mind the Teleport nerf, if only they reverted the Ignite buff
LeAnime (NA)
: 1. Interesting is there any chance that AP fighters will be getting an item? They lack itemization drasticaly and need some way to kill targets with high MR but building Void Staff on them is comparable to build Last Whisperer items on Darius. 2. Also I know tanks abuse Conqueror if it is adaptive, but why should that gate AP fighters? Maybe tanks scalings and damages need to be looked at. Edit: Formatting
Also, what about on-hit itemization? Can it be revised? Apart from Guinsoo and Blade of the Ruined King, every on-hit item is either weak (Wit's End), or good but restricted to certain specific builds (Nashor's Tooth) or building conditions (Bloodrazor, Titanic Hydra). I think on-hit champions could be better balanced if they were more reliant on item synergy, rather than either relying on a single item (Guinsoo in their case) or having so much power on their own kits that even Guinsoo is not necessary. Also, I think Muramana should be revised, this item is currently an Ezreal only purchase.
Norglics (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Guzergus,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QzLKosQc,comment-id=0022000000030000,timestamp=2018-08-30T09:02:26.000+0000) > > You seem to have some kind of PTSD towards assassins. They're not that strong. not that strong? there are usually 2-3 asssassins/team
> [{quoted}](name=Norglics,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QzLKosQc,comment-id=00220000000300000000,timestamp=2018-08-30T09:14:28.695+0000) > > not that strong? there are usually 2-3 asssassins/team In lower elos, and that is mostly because assassins are fun to play. Try to make a 2/3 assassin team after Diamond V and watch what will happen.
haenex (EUNE)
: Guys can we please stop hating on duskblade?
To be honest I would rather have buffs to the assassins themselves than Duskblade. At least that way, they would have to rely on their own kits, and their skillshots, rather than abusing an item. Not to mention, many of those champions could have potential alternative builds that are held back due to their assassin builds nerfs (because of Duskblade).
Reav3 (NA)
: Sure, current highest priority targets (Not including ones already announced) are {{champion:32}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:42}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:56}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:106}} This always shifts and changes of course, this is just our current thinking
What about Malphite, Hecarim, and Teemo?
: I feel like some people are calling Runes Reforged a mistake for the wrong reasons
Damage creep existed before the Runes Reforged were even a concept. I don't know why people blame them for the damage creep. Old masteries were already a type of damage creep. We used to not have things like Thunderlord's Decree, Deathfire Touch, or Grasp of the Undying, which were artificially increasing champion's damage.
: We talked about this a bit, and there's another post coming on Friday, but during preseason we're going to be splitting stats out from rune paths, and allowing you to select which ones you want. It won't be quite as extensible as it was in the past (like 25 different selections for each type of rune), but the system will support selecting offense AND defense, in likely varying amounts. This will get us back to a world where people that want to spec heavy into offense can do so, those who want to spec heavy into defense can do so, or those that want a mix can also achieve that. I'd be super super cautious of us looking at overall lethality beyond what we did on 8.16 given the risk of setting ourselves up for a really slow/boring meta moving into World's, and think that preseason will move us a fair way into what you and many others are looking for. We're fleshing out a post to go out on Friday that will get into a bit more of the details, but wanted to touch on it here in the meantime.
> [{quoted}](name=Maple Nectar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=00xirEwa,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2018-08-28T16:55:24.442+0000) > > We talked about this a bit, and there's another post coming on Friday, but during preseason we're going to be splitting stats out from rune paths, and allowing you to select which ones you want. It won't be quite as extensible as it was in the past (like 25 different selections for each type of rune), but the system will support selecting offense AND defense, in likely varying amounts. This will get us back to a world where people that want to spec heavy into offense can do so, those who want to spec heavy into defense can do so, or those that want a mix can also achieve that. I'd be super super cautious of us looking at overall lethality beyond what we did on 8.16 given the risk of setting ourselves up for a really slow/boring meta moving into World's, and think that preseason will move us a fair way into what you and many others are looking for. We're fleshing out a post to go out on Friday that will get into a bit more of the details, but wanted to touch on it here in the meantime. Will you allow us to get cooldown reduction from those stats? There are times where I want to reach 40% cooldown reduction on a certain champion, but I can't do that without either picking Transcendence (a rune that I don't always want to pick, and even then it takes 10 minutes to start working) or building in an unusual and not optimal way.
Antenora (EUW)
: An Anti tank champion melting a tank. Oh the madness!
> [{quoted}](name=Antenora,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PU7jmyjr,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2018-08-27T19:01:22.274+0000) > > An Anti tank champion melting a tank. > > Oh the madness! The problem is that Rammus is supposed to beat Yi as he does with every auto attacking champion. There was a time that if you tried to 1x1 Rammus with Master Yi you would completely lose, but that was back when things like Conqueror, Bloodrazor, and Phantom Hit (current Guinsoo's passive) didn't existed.
Rexxiee (NA)
: adcs that arent jhin and draven (if you main him) just blow right now. You're 200% reliant on your team to do anything at all stages of the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Rexxiee,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ni3JAbeE,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-08-26T17:08:23.097+0000) > > adcs that arent jhin and draven (if you main him) just blow right now. > > You're 200% reliant on your team to do anything at all stages of the game. Also Miss Fortune.
: > (18s with CDR) When does Yasuo get 40% CDR?
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Jq8HlQRv,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-08-25T14:56:47.457+0000) > > When does Yasuo get 40% CDR? And can Swain get 40% CDR either? If you are not going for a Tear build path, it is difficult.
Zoedorable (EUNE)
: What? Swain can use literally any hard CC spell in the game to get a stack. He can also get a stack when the ult is on cooldown. I have literally never have NOT been able to ult as Swain.
> [{quoted}](name=Misanthrope,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Jq8HlQRv,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-08-25T10:37:33.446+0000) > > What? Swain can use literally any hard CC spell in the game to get a stack. He can also get a stack when the ult is on cooldown. > > I have literally never have NOT been able to ult as Swain. I have found myself in quite a lot of times I have not been able to ult and that fucked me up so hard... I wish Swain's ult didn't needed stacks to be activated. hell, it could even cost 150 mana. As long as I was able to cast it without other obvious restrictions.
Rioter Comments
Sukishoo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=YumaS2Astral,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0YgbTFIJ,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-25T03:31:15.092+0000) > > The issue with his gameplay update is that Riot failed to solve Vlad's problems that make him frustrating to play against. Namely his virtually infinite sustain, damage that is too reliable, and the untargetability from his W. > > This GU surely improved Vlad, but it is not enough. > > It is like other GUs that Riot made especially in other class updates. For example, new Darius and new Katarina are improvements over their old versions. They still retain many of the problems their old versions used to have; Darius is still a mega lane bully that falls off hard late game, and Kat is still a champion with an incredibly high snowball potential but at same time still extremely reliant on her ult to do anything. Both are also very frustrating to play against. Nothing of this has been improved with their GUs. All their GUs did was to make them better to play as. I dunno about that. At least in Kats case, I find her better to play against cause she lost her damage reduction from her shunpo. That was a really ridiculous part of her kit previously that made it very frustrating cause she'd dive into a fight ult, end up with less then 100 hp and then shun po out granting her protection from most damage that was thrown at her. So she'd easily get away. At least now she has a better chance of dying when she does an all in.
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0YgbTFIJ,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-25T03:35:36.752+0000) > > I dunno about that. At least in Kats case, I find her better to play against cause she lost her damage reduction from her shunpo. That was a really ridiculous part of her kit previously that made it very frustrating cause she'd dive into a fight ult, end up with less then 100 hp and then shun po out granting her protection from most damage that was thrown at her. So she'd easily get away. At least now she has a better chance of dying when she does an all in. Yeah, but now Kat has a better early game (she actually used to have a strong early all-in before the nerfs, not sure nowadays). She also takes Gunblade as her core item now, giving her sustain, something that she used to not have before. Her shunpo nowadays also has a significantly lower cooldown. On other hand, the dagger minigame makes her somewhat clunky to play and also means her damage is delayed, which is significant in many situations when you want to kill someone. I still think Kat's rework failed to solve many of her issues, even if it made her better to play as.
Sukishoo (NA)
: Well his visuals need some major work, there's no way away from that one... His kit though still has some issues that even the mage update didn't really help. Some of it they kind of made worse
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0YgbTFIJ,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-22T16:02:17.813+0000) > > Well his visuals need some major work, there's no way away from that one... His kit though still has some issues that even the mage update didn't really help. Some of it they kind of made worse The issue with his gameplay update is that Riot failed to solve Vlad's problems that make him frustrating to play against. Namely his virtually infinite sustain, damage that is too reliable, and the untargetability from his W. This GU surely improved Vlad, but it is not enough. It is like other GUs that Riot made especially in other class updates. For example, new Darius and new Katarina are improvements over their old versions. They still retain many of the problems their old versions used to have; Darius is still a mega lane bully that falls off hard late game, and Kat is still a champion with an incredibly high snowball potential but at same time still extremely reliant on her ult to do anything. Both are also very frustrating to play against. Nothing of this has been improved with their GUs. All their GUs did was to make them better to play as.
Reav3 (NA)
: He is pretty high on our list. This is largely due to internal data we have that shows TONS of new player are drawn to Nocturnes theme and the idea of his kit, but then they drop him very quickly. Our theory here is that if we modernized his kit and gave him a full VGU then many more people would stick with him and he would be a extremely popular and sticky Champion. Currently I think his playrate is under performing based on how resonate his theme seems to be.
> [{quoted}](name=Reav3,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0YgbTFIJ,comment-id=000400100000,timestamp=2018-08-24T17:36:37.154+0000) > > He is pretty high on our list. This is largely due to internal data we have that shows TONS of new player are drawn to Nocturnes theme and the idea of his kit, but then they drop him very quickly. Our theory here is that if we modernized his kit and gave him a full VGU then many more people would stick with him and he would be a extremely popular and sticky Champion. Currently I think his playrate is under performing based on how resonate his theme seems to be. I hope when Nocturne gets his VGU, that you update his Void skin to actually have Void themed particles and effects. Make it a real Void skin, give him the Emerald Taric/Hyena Warwick treatment. He currently has nothing to do with the Void other than his name and some parts of the skin that look meat-ish (like Void Fizz's staff). He still has the darkness effects from his classic visual instead of Void effects. He also has no Void VO processing.
fcuk fear (EUNE)
: It would be cool if they made spirit guard his classic skin
> [{quoted}](name=fcuk fear,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GXP4NtYd,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-08-24T22:34:46.241+0000) > > It would be cool if they made spirit guard his classic skin They would need to create a new skin in place of Spirit Guard, and provide a compensation for everyone who purchased Spirit Guard Udyr (and possibly refund some people as this skin would probably be different). This is not happening, however. Riot shouldn't have created this skin to begin with, they missed a great opportunity to make this skin his new visual, and now due to this skin, it will be difficult to make a visual update that do not overlap with Spirit Guard Udyr.
: You get an extra 40% ap, which is insane, it also scales a lot late game.
> [{quoted}](name=lightwolf1030,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KuynwiNZ,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-08-18T20:24:09.168+0000) > > You get an extra 40% ap, which is insane, it also scales a lot late game. While this is true, Deathcap offers just AP. Generally, other items are better to buy early, since they have more utility or extra sources of damage.
mack9112 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Nhifu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WkpQAT0b,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-08-18T15:16:02.407+0000) > > Wow you completely ignored his post. > > Jhin fleet feetwork sustains him, without taking damage with his auto harass. You take hail of blades not fleetwork on him and in all honesty it's the synergy with HOB that is making him a little overbearing
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WkpQAT0b,comment-id=000000010001,timestamp=2018-08-18T17:31:35.054+0000) > > You take hail of blades not fleetwork on him and in all honesty it's the synergy with HOB that is making him a little overbearing Have you noticed that this is the second time in a row that Jhin becomes too strong because he is abusing his passive's synergy with something? Last time it happened, it was with {{item:3124}} giving him insane amounts of AD And now, it is this.
: > [{quoted}](name=Trauja,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Rm9lsiTJ,comment-id=000e0000,timestamp=2018-08-17T16:41:05.588+0000) > > This must be a not funny joke. > That guy has literally the best solo carry potential of the entire game, if you're not carrying with a fed Jax.. no other champ would have man That's extremely debatable, his carry potential isn't shit like kimchi870 said but he's not the best. There's a reason gold funneling was done with {{champion:11}} and {{champion:30}}
> [{quoted}](name=Auz the Ripper,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Rm9lsiTJ,comment-id=000e00000000,timestamp=2018-08-17T17:06:32.932+0000) > > That's extremely debatable, his carry potential isn't shit like kimchi870 said but he's not the best. > There's a reason gold funneling was done with {{champion:11}} and {{champion:30}} You could also do the gold funneling strategy with Jax. Master Yi was the strongest choice mainly because he can't be itemized against and has much better mobility and outplay potential plus his Q lets him dodge CC. Master Yi is arguably one of the strongest if not the strongest late game carry, but he needs a comp built around him to work (just like Kog'Maw).
Verxint (NA)
: Your entire argument up until now was that tanks can itemize best against him. Now you're saying the advantage is because they can beat him early. Jax does fine in a tank meta because his itemization is so diverse and his hybrid damage and synergy with lifesteal lets him sustain their damage and his ability to build up to 3 defensive items and still be a relevant damage threat means he can slug his way through cc and damage in a large brawl. Your argument basically boils down to "rush these 3 items and you might slow him down"
> [{quoted}](name=Verxint,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Rm9lsiTJ,comment-id=0000000100000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-08-17T17:26:50.699+0000) > > Your entire argument up until now was that tanks can itemize best against him. Now you're saying the advantage is because they can beat him early. > > Jax does fine in a tank meta because his itemization is so diverse and his hybrid damage and synergy with lifesteal lets him sustain their damage and his ability to build up to 3 defensive items and still be a relevant damage threat means he can slug his way through cc and damage in a large brawl. > > Your argument basically boils down to "rush these 3 items and you might slow him down" Also, Conqueror lets him deal with resistances pretty well
Meddler (NA)
: Noted. Agree the self slow could be a reasonable target if we have to nerf Rammus. He's being watched, but also very possible we don't end up having to do anything.
Why Rammus has a self slow? That just makes him feel bad and clunky to play. I get that it is to balance other areas from his kit, but isn't that better to just remove the self slow and nerf it in other ways to compensate?
: Currently AP Shaco isn't in the best of places. One of the biggest reasons for this is Red trinket hard countering his entire kit, outside of E. It "reveals" Q, reveals and activates his boxes, boxes being the biggest strength to his kit. Shaco is the only champion with traps that red trinket and control wards act in this manner, Jhin traps, Nidalee traps and Teemo shrooms are still activate able when revealed by these two items. Shaco boxes are activated by these items, losing it's stealth, fear and dying after 10 seconds. This being said, I don't know if this is intended or not. I don't know if I should report it as a bug, or post on the gameplay boards about it, due to it being in the game for the past year. Any input?
I think the biggest reason why AP Shaco is dead is due to his E being changed to physical damage (it used to be magic damage)
: Here's a clip of a 3/3 Lux support surviving a well executed combo from a 7/3 Zed who is 3 levels ahead. Lux played the encounter awfully yet survived the burst. Can you explain to me how this is fair? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F09no6bNj8
If anything it would be a problem if she actually died Plus, judging from what happened at the end, it is very likely that Lux died anyway.
: Funny thing is, it's not any more OP than Electrocute and even on Renekton Press the Attack is just as good as it. Face it, runes as a whole this season are a balance catastrophe.
> [{quoted}](name=Trollmanship,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PPrGHIIK,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-08-17T18:01:09.483+0000) > > Funny thing is, it's not any more OP than Electrocute and even on Renekton Press the Attack is just as good as it. Face it, runes as a whole this season are a balance catastrophe. In Renekton I would take Conqueror only against teams with champions that stack resistances. Otherwise Press the Attack would probably be better, especially with his W.
: In what world is champion that relies on attack speed good in tank fucking metas? There are 4 fucking items that counter basic auto attacks but there are 0 items that give you hybrid penetration. How is jax supposed to beat tank in tank meta when jax has to build trifoce for 3700 gold while tank can buy one full item and boots for that? Are you actually fucking dumb or what? Oh naaah those shit win rates in tank metas were just a glitch. Secretly jax can totaly beat someone who can rush tabi sunfire.
Generally, in tank metas, Jax himself tends to build tanky (with a Triforce as his only damage item). He is actually not too bad as a tank, since he has a reliable stun and decent defensive steroids.
Trauja (EUW)
: at least with nasus you can do something by denying him stacks early game, but what do you even try to do vs an illaoi? Strong in lane, almost immune to ganks ( if R up ) and best juggernaut ever lategame, one R and all will die. How do you even counter that?
> [{quoted}](name=Trauja,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wo6GtYYH,comment-id=0022,timestamp=2018-08-16T19:44:07.966+0000) > > at least with nasus you can do something by denying him stacks early game, but what do you even try to do vs an illaoi? Strong in lane, almost immune to ganks ( if R up ) and best juggernaut ever lategame, one R and all will die. How do you even counter that? I wouldn't say that Illaoi is the bes juggernaut late game when {{champion:36}} exists
Cloud273 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Weedlayer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wo6GtYYH,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-08-16T15:13:36.490+0000) > > I mean yeah, he's just a worse trynd. You can't 1v1 him, he's bad in teamfights, a bit stronger midgame but that's basically it. You counter him by forcing objectives like baron or 5v4 fights and if he shows up just keep him slowed or snared while your ADC kills him. The main reason he's worse than trynd is 0 mobility splitpushers just get 3-5 man collapsed and can't escape. Meanwhile half the time trynd can just run away from 5 people because of his ult and stupid spin. He's not comparable to Tryn in the slightest. Tryn is manaless, has mobility, and is literally unkillable when he ults. Nasus is none of these things. Tryndamere is actually able to sit in lane and farm all game if allowed to, and if anyone tries to punish him he just spins over the wall and lols at you. This isn't really practical for Nasus since he runs out of mana very fast.
Also, Tryndamere is squishy. That is his trade off for being mobile compared to Nasus.
: Not sure if it still works but I used to use Dr. Mundo as a counter-pick to Nasus. Mixed damage, percentage health damage and high durability meant that Nasus had a difficult time building against you and you scaled very well into the late-game.
> [{quoted}](name=EndlessSorcerer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wo6GtYYH,comment-id=0001000000000001,timestamp=2018-08-17T00:42:12.809+0000) > > Not sure if it still works but I used to use Dr. Mundo as a counter-pick to Nasus. > > Mixed damage, percentage health damage and high durability meant that Nasus had a difficult time building against you and you scaled very well into the late-game. For a time, Mundo used to not work against Nasus, due to the latter being buffed a lot and Mundo not having its ult buffs yet. However, he once again works well against Nasus, mostly because he can outsustain Nasus and the latter as you said, has difficulty building against Mundo.
saltran (EUW)
: Both statements are true: Nasus is too easily kited and doesn't matter that he murders any melee with 2 Q's becuse the enemy adc kills him first from range and also majority of the soloQ games dont reach lategame.
> [{quoted}](name=saltran,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wo6GtYYH,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2018-08-16T23:56:49.123+0000) > > Both statements are true: Nasus is too easily kited and doesn't matter that he murders any melee with 2 Q's becuse the enemy adc kills him first from range and also majority of the soloQ games dont reach lategame. So Nasus being weak late game doesn't matter that much when most games don't reach late. Thus, in theory, he should be strong in early-mid game metas, which is not the case currently
saltran (EUW)
: Nasus lategame is actually worse than his midgame if the enemy team has an adc imo. I dont think that he's broken but I have to agree that he's too outdated and needs major tweaks, not simple buffs or nerfs.
> [{quoted}](name=saltran,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wo6GtYYH,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-08-16T13:54:57.016+0000) > > Nasus lategame is actually worse than his midgame if the enemy team has an adc imo. > > I dont think that he's broken but I have to agree that he's too outdated and needs major tweaks, not simple buffs or nerfs. I don't undertstand this. People say that Nasus has a bad late game, yet people also say that the big majority of games don't reach late game.
: It wouldn't benefit top all that much either for the same reason that Okoia mentioned above. Just build a longsword in top lane for tiamat or get muramana and it switches over to ad. On a side note, I once had a jungle game on Taric before Sterak's was changed and my build was IBG, bloodrazor, and Sterak's but I was still getting adaptive AP for whatever reason.
> [{quoted}](name=AlienPrimate,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3nit9F9f,comment-id=0005000000000001,timestamp=2018-08-15T17:58:26.148+0000) > > It wouldn't benefit top all that much either for the same reason that Okoia mentioned above. Just build a longsword in top lane for tiamat or get muramana and it switches over to ad. On a side note, I once had a jungle game on Taric before Sterak's was changed and my build was IBG, bloodrazor, and Sterak's but I was still getting adaptive AP for whatever reason. If that was before Sterak was changed to give bonus AD instead of base AD, then it explains all. If your default adaptive stats are AP, they only become AD if you have more **bonus** AD than AP. Changes to your base AD will not affect adaptive bonuses.
Show more

YumaS2Astral

Level 9 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion