Infernape (EUW)
: Yay point and click shields!
> [{quoted}](name=Infernape,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vjiNTI1G,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-15T00:16:13.560+0000) > > Yay point and click shields! Point and click what? I know I have abilities called shields but all they do is cause a graphical effect on the screen. Or at least that's about how effective they appear to be in the League of Instagibs. A typical support build for Janna creates a shield that pops if an ADC or APC so much as farts in her general direction, assuming she isn't instagibbed in the first place. Riot despises shields and heals. Always have.
: Assassins aren't supposed to be able to 100-0 someone 100% of the time. Assassins are supposed to have specific times that they are able to take advantage of an opportunity to pop maybe 1 squishy champ and then dip out. They most certainly have too much damage, because y'all can pretty much one-shot anyone at any time with little to no preparation. Basically buff up and take your enemy by suprise.
> [{quoted}](name=WAZZZUP500,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qAeELfWm,comment-id=00160001,timestamp=2018-12-14T13:07:12.193+0000) > > Assassins aren't supposed to be able to 100-0 someone 100% of the time. Assassins are supposed to have specific times that they are able to take advantage of an opportunity to pop maybe 1 squishy champ and then dip out. They most certainly have too much damage, because y'all can pretty much one-shot anyone at any time with little to no preparation. > > Basically buff up and take your enemy by suprise. Case and point: Pyke. A "support" who is really an assasin and is basically as broken as release Darius was. A damage item at level 6 and he can one shot just about anyone who isn't a tank, hence why he has one of the highest ban rates in the game.
: Remember when champs had 3 abilities, an ultimate, and a passive?
Teemo is another example of multiple effective passives. And his secret passive: Global Taunt.
: Everyone is building full damage today because, unless you're on a dedicated tank, defense is useless.
> [{quoted}](name=ßlended Fetus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=X53OfTWr,comment-id=00100000000100000000,timestamp=2018-12-02T07:14:49.550+0000) > > Everyone is building full damage today because, unless you're on a dedicated tank, defense is useless. Even on dedicated tanks building defense is questionable unless you're going for health. With the amount of armor pen, magic pen, true damage, DH and all other ancillary damage sources building resistances is pretty much pointless. The only thing that assures you don't die in a fraction of a second is having a huge health pool.
: "Do we want team voice chat?" should be put as a poll in the client. Same goes for any questionable
They can add it for non-premades if there is enough demand (though I'd rather them work on game balance). But for me personally, I'll never use it. I have better things to listen to than low self-esteem kids with cracking voices going on profanity/homophobic/racism laced tirades because I took a couple CS in lane as a support. Best chat mode is MUTE ALL for this game.
Moody P (NA)
: you want braum and taric and tahm starting the game with 70 armor?
> [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kB2J1o3E,comment-id=00020002,timestamp=2018-12-02T12:02:01.880+0000) > > you want braum and taric and tahm starting the game with 70 armor? Honestly, with the game as it is right now I don't think it would make a difference. Welcome to the league of instagibs.
: Honestly Lux with dark harvest has been making going any other enchanter supp vs her extremely hard. It feels as if she just needs to land 1 q to kill you because of how squishy you are. Every enchanter support got a shield nerf too so you can't really even stop the damage. It forces you to play super passive in a meta where early game plays win the game. Literally had a Lux 100-0 me level 1 by landing a q and 3 auto attacks and a little bit of minion damage as nami. Didn't feel good. The rest of the lane went like that so I had to win through roams and it made my adc upset. Overall just a toxic match up. Brand isn't as bad because his stun is much easier to dodge, but brand's mid and late game damage output is way too high for a support and too simple to pull off.
> [{quoted}](name=The Trent,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QX4Th18p,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-12-02T05:30:00.381+0000) > > Honestly Lux with dark harvest has been making going any other enchanter supp vs her extremely hard. It feels as if she just needs to land 1 q to kill you because of how squishy you are. Every enchanter support got a shield nerf too so you can't really even stop the damage. It forces you to play super passive in a meta where early game plays win the game. Literally had a Lux 100-0 me level 1 by landing a q and 3 auto attacks and a little bit of minion damage as nami. Didn't feel good. The rest of the lane went like that so I had to win through roams and it made my adc upset. Overall just a toxic match up. Brand isn't as bad because his stun is much easier to dodge, but brand's mid and late game damage output is way too high for a support and too simple to pull off. Probably the worst DH bot lane I've played against is Swain/Lux with DH. Substitute either with Brand and it would arguably be worse. One root or stun and you're dead. It snowballs stupidly from there.
: A LOT of people leaving League Of Legends.
So let's see if I have this right. You're claiming people are leaving in droves. However Riot is out inking major multi-million dollar deals. o_O Whatever. I've been here for years. You aren't saying anything new or original. You're not providing any solid evidence to base your claims on. We see people like you multiple times a year, and yet the game continues on. You don't like the game? Leave. Have fun.
RexSaur (NA)
: Support items are way too strong and need to be toned down.
1. Supports are useless and boring 2. Supports are OP So which is it?
NoPaxt (NA)
: As a sup main, I can only assume that it's because there is no "legendary" for assists, saves, and wards placed....
> [{quoted}](name=Stark of Wrath,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yEEPimtA,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-12-18T20:27:59.883+0000) > > As a sup main, I can only assume that it's because there is no "legendary" for assists, saves, and wards placed.... " Triple Ward" "Pentassist!" "You just saved your ADC's ass!"
Jon1174 (NA)
: Best way to scare people in normals
"So, what does a support do?"
: Zed would've lived if he hadn't been slowed from exhaust. The massive slow allowed Taliyah to setup in easy knockup against Zed because he was basically snared at that point so missing the ability was almost impossible. Zed tried to run away as soon as he got exhausted because he knew trying to fight 3 people while exhausted is suicide so he did no additional damage to Jinx after he was exhausted. All the damage he did to her was before he was exhausted and the damage he got from his ult was not affected by exhaust because it ended right before it popped. The damage reduction didn't even have to come into play in that situation. The mere fact that your damage is being almost cut in half because of the click of a button makes it pointless to continue with the assassination so your only other option is to run away which doesn't even work because exhaust basically snares you at the same time. If it hand't been for exhaust Jinx would have 100% died there, but because Zed got exhausted all of his hard work was thrown down the trash can. Zed played that perfectly, but it only took one click to make everything he did worthless. Exhaust is just stupid against assassins and shuts down an entire class of characters because it destroys everything in their kit that gives them the ability to assassinate. Assassins are supposed to be high damage and high mobility characters and exhaust takes both of those away at the same time. It's just stupid against Assassins and it's one of the reasons why Assassins are rarely seen in competitive play. Don't even get me started on teams running double exhaust against an Assassin.
> [{quoted}](name=Akali is SO HOT,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Kb6pOAOm,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2016-12-18T05:29:11.335+0000) > > ...Don't even get me started on teams running double exhaust against an Assassin. So, you're saying a summoner spell on a 3 minute cooldown completely counters an assassin with 60 second cooldown? Zed didn't play perfectly. He engaged in a situation where it was possible he was going to be exhausted. It was a bad decision, and he paid the price. Exhaust is perfectly fine. When you go to engage, you need to think of all the possible consequences of that engage. A low health target is always tempting, but you need to make damn sure that the tables can't be turned. And usually it doesn't take much to turn the table either. A missed skillshot, being out of position, a mistimed flash, so on and so forth. That's not an excuse for saying "OMG! Zed not instagib! NErf avryting!". In this case, Zed neglected to consider that he could get exhausted. That was a miscalculation, not "played perfectly". He paid for his mistake, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
: Why is it so hard to cimb at the beginning of the season?
Because every toxic troll and kid with anger management/impulse control problems tries to play, and everyone is grouped at about the same MMR due to the reset. You have to give it a while before people rise and sink to where they should be. At that point, most of the worst should have sunk down to low bronze and you should be playing more with people at around your skill level.
: Show me your main's (or any champ's) ult in a gif! (Inspired by robothax's post)
: When you start an engage as a support but your adc runs away
It doesn't just happen on the rift either. In a snowdown game yesterday it was so bad that the enemy team asked me in all chat if I was being trolled by my team. They would literally run away on every engage. :P But running away at least indicates they're paying attention. What pisses me off more is when I engage right in front of my ADC, and he/she just sits there continuing to farm until I die.
SirLapse (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Paroe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vlwvZbLN,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2016-12-15T21:22:58.620+0000) > > You know in dota 2 the towers are about as powerful as they are in league. Beefier for sure because of how dota defenses work, but they have two things that league doesnt; > 1) Dota 2 towers attack VERY fast compared to league towers, making them clear waves much faster and punish dives much better. > 2) Dota 2 towers have two ranges: Lock-on range which is about the size of league tower range and effective range which is TWICE the size of leagues tower range. What a coincidence, DoTA2 endgame towers are even more useless than League's endgame to the point where carries ignore them. Very much arguable to say that late game a tower is not meant to defend you. Thank you good sir. To the OP, towers dealing true damage doesn't solve a darn thing. Early game towers are still effective, the issue I'm seeing is that super minions are like that abusive boyfriend that gets away with beating his gf, the gf being nexus towers in this case. Since minions are HP tanks and don't really have high armor, that true damage buff would only serve to prevent tower dives, which we already had a (very) slow meta for.
> [{quoted}](name=SirLapse,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vlwvZbLN,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2016-12-16T09:07:39.602+0000) > > Early game towers are still effective... With a chainvest on a level 3 Leona, I can basically park my ass under the enemy's turret. I don't really call that effective.
: They are bastions of defense in the early game. After that though, its your job to protect the turrets.
> [{quoted}](name=The Big Piece,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vlwvZbLN,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-12-15T08:40:11.119+0000) > > They are bastions of defense in the early game. After that though, its your job to protect the turrets. Early game. Sure, if by early game you mean before level 3. Towers are not a bastion of defense, period. They are far too weak to be considered defense. If I'm solo support under a tower and I see three enemy champs heading my way regardless of level, I run because I know that tower isn't going to do squat to protect me.
Verdade (EUNE)
: Step 1: "insert support name in caps lock" IS OP, NURF Step 2: OMG SOMEONE PLAY SUPPORT, FUCKING AUTOFILL THX RITO
> [{quoted}](name=Verdade,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mbFKmAcJ,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2016-12-16T16:41:42.210+0000) > > Step 1: "insert support name in caps lock" IS OP, NURF > Step 2: OMG SOMEONE PLAY SUPPORT, FUCKING AUTOFILL THX RITO Yep. What do these people want? Do they want supports to be relevant and useful or be irrlevant, useless, and replaced by mages (causing even more whining)? The same people who hate playing support are often the ones crying to nerf supports. "Oh, Janna OP cuz she stopped my instagib!" No she's not OP. She's not stomping face. She's not going 24/0. Don't attribute lack of pick and play skills to a champ being OP. She does no damage, and is squishy as hell. All she has is utility. You take that away and she's useless.
: Contracts for more ip
This gets downvotes because anything with CS or kills automatically eliminates positions that don't get as much of either. In addition, such "contracts" would become toxic and stupid in short order: Team: "Lucian, are you EVER going to join the rest of us?" Lucian: "Farming for IP contract, sorry." Maybe based on game wins. Games played would be botted just for IP. Don't just think of the "awesomeness" of your ideas. Also consider how many ways they could be exploited. Yeah, it sucks but you have to do it because people suck. :P
Magus7a (NA)
: > When you try to solo Gromp and die, then team asks you how One-upped the one-upper
> [{quoted}](name=Magus7a,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=dXhjPTbu,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2016-12-15T18:11:14.965+0000) > > One-upped the one-upper When you try and solo a minion and die, then teams ask you how.
: Getting real tired of the 4 man tower dives bot lane.
The towers! They do nothing! I have to agree, the bot towers are very weak. There's almost no point in having them there. They're barely a speed bump.
: Why do people get so mad when I take Leona top lane?
The problem with Leo top is farming. If she's up against someone with even mediocre wave clearing/harassing she's going to be pushed back under her turret. Her stun isn't long enough for her to effectively trade unless she charges her shield before E'ing, and anyone with half a brain is going to know to back off when that happens. I play a lot of Leona as support, and she works really well in that role. Most tops are going to bully her out of lane if they have half a clue what they're doing. In modes where it's ham and high gold, she can be a non-trad nightmare. In the rift though, I can't really see Leona top working much beyond the low elos.
Zxyre (NA)
: 10 SKINS THAT NEED TO HAPPEN
Pumpkin King Ziggs Transvestite Trundle Yosemite Kled
Harut (NA)
: Reduce all ranged auto attack damage by 25%. Seems pretty easy.
> [{quoted}](name=Harut,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=v2E9TRpE,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2016-12-12T14:52:24.002+0000) > > Reduce all ranged auto attack damage by 25%. Seems pretty easy. As long as you don't think about it. Reduce all ranged auto-attack damage by 25% and Leona will shit all over any ADC you care to bring bot lane. Trundle support would quite literally club the shit out of an ADC. Even squishy little mage supports like Sona would be able to take them down. All ADCs have is their damage. That's it. Now while I do have issues with some late game damage balance, if you cut ADCs damage by that much they'd be less than worthless.
: League game wont launch after champ select
It's been happening to me as well. I just exit it and hit reconnect.
Zinezy (NA)
: Toxic Players don't lose games, poor skill does.
If people like you were to play any real life sport with that kind of attitude, you'd have a lot of people standing around as the ambulance took you away saying, "Dunno what happened, I guess he tripped or something."
: What's up with Sups lately?
If an ADC I'm supporting sucks, then I'll start picking up CS and kills that Mr. I'm going to just farm in the middle of a gank is not capable of getting. A support's job is to support the team, not babysit and kowtow to the ADC. If the ADC isn't pulling their weight, then as a support you should step up.
Hrd2H1t (NA)
: "Nononono Jinx don't towerdive the Ashe and Nautilus"
> [{quoted}](name=Hrd2H1t,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=zAn2Mln3,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-12-10T16:41:02.481+0000) > > "Nononono Jinx don't towerdive the Ashe and Nautilus" Draven sees low health Jhin with Leona that has ult and Q. I know what he's going to do. I red ping red ping red ping. Don't do it. You have so much to live for Draven. Think of all your adoring fans. Don't throw it all away! *speed buffs* Draven no! It isn't worth it! Stop! Turn back! "An ally has been slain!" Draven: "fckin worthless support" *sigh*
: THE PROBLEM WlTH YOU NERDS
He's bad and he wants you to feel bad.
: Placements really bring out the Scum and trolls of the Community silver woes
You never do placements when they open, and certainly not over/near school breaks. Your just asking for trouble. Wait until like 1:00pm in the afternoon on a Wednesday in the middle of February or something.
: > [{quoted}](name=Linna Excel,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=p8PKM08Q,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-12-08T01:06:34.252+0000) > > China would probably get involved on the NKorean side. They won't if they know what's good for them.
> [{quoted}](name=Sionnan69,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=p8PKM08Q,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2016-12-08T04:08:46.242+0000) > > They won't if they know what's good for them. China is one of the most populated countries in the world with a booming economy, a huge military, and an assload of ICBMs. Furthermore, China is the key production and manufacturing source for a ton of our domestic products. Any threats we make against them are hollow, and they know it.
: Love the support meta riot forced on us
Supports are utility/defense, not offense. If you could build serious damage on low gold, everyone would do it.
: support
> [{quoted}](name=Big Lincoln,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E5l7EHvJ,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-12-07T04:12:43.102+0000) > > support At low elo? No. Just no. Higher elos? You can, but it's not the easiest. I'd say overall across all the elos, top is probably the easiest. It's the most forgiving. You usually aren't dealing with the 100-0 crap everyone else is, so making a mistake or two usually isn't life ending. Top ganks are more rare as they are less rewarding (double kills and dragon bot). If we're talking about the BEST position to carry from, then it's jungle hands down. A good jungler will handily win games, but it's also a position where mistakes can be costly. That's why I didn't say Jungle is the easiest. You really have to know what you're doing.
: I Am Leaving League For A Bit (And The Assassin Meta)
I call it the instagib meta since more than assassins are capable of it. It really isn't fun. Basically, whoever can get their 100-0 champ ahead first wins the match. Whether it's Vayne coming in and tumble-f*@^&ing your team, or Syndra throwing balls of death from across the screen. You can't really counter-play instant death. You can only try to run aw...*tumble thwack YOU HAVE BEEN SLAIN*...nevermind.
: To the people who wombo minions from 100-0 when Im right next to them with 4 stacks of Spoils of War
This crap is why I'm sorely tempted to get the coin instead. Low health canon minion, I'm about to kill it and...*pew* the ADC kills it. Full stack of spoils, a line of low health minions and *pew* midlaner clears it. Thanks for gold starving me even more you douchebag. Whoops! Looks like I forgot to stun that diving Lucian and you died. Whoops! Didn't mean to secure that kill when you clearly could have gotten it. Whoops! Didn't mean to headbutt the enemy to safety. Whoops! Didn't mean to point my Braum shield in the wrong direction. If your support is carrying stacks of spoils, be nice and let them kill minions. It's our only real source of gold. Otherwise, don't be too surprised when your support mysteriously seems to be "bad". >:)
: Hey. Mage "supports"
You can play just about any champ as "support". However there are few support champs you can actually play in any other role besides support.
: Why Riot Do You Match Me With Such Awful Players?
It happens. As a support main, you're usually at a more significant disadvantage than other positions as far as carrying goes. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
Bamboo (EUW)
: ARAM: A game not about the luck of the drawn champions, but the luck of not having bots in your team
Dominion used to be nothing but bots. But I don't recall seeing any in ARAM.
Candoodle (EUW)
: If thresh/blitz manage to hit a hook on ulting Sion they should go along for the ride
1. Get hooked by Thresh 2. Flash past minions to your tower 3. Beat on him while he desperately tries to get past minion block and tower range 4. Enjoy sweet Threshy tears of rage
: Support role has lots of impact if you have competent allies. Then your impact becomes their strength which they get credit for and you get none 98%. While if your allies dont know what they are doing or cant exicute plays properly you have no choice but to sit back and accept your loss or split push with a build where you cant do anything and pray the enemy ignores you.
> [{quoted}](name=LordGeovanni,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gzgZmWTs,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-12-03T12:42:17.354+0000) > > Support role has lots of impact if you have competent allies. Then your impact becomes their strength which they get credit for and you get none 98%. While if your allies dont know what they are doing or cant exicute plays properly you have no choice but to sit back and accept your loss or split push with a build where you cant do anything and pray the enemy ignores you. This works in low elo. Enemy: "Someone's pushing bot!" Enemy: "Oh...it's just Leona." *Leona fires off zzRot and Banner while enemy is chasing allies around the map* Enemy: "How the hell did we lose inhibitor???" In higher elo: Enemy: "Someone's pushing bot!" Enemy: "Oh...it's just Leona. Someone head down there kill her."
: > [{quoted}](name=Sovekz,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8d6E1wxL,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-12-03T05:41:09.620+0000) > > Then they should fix the support role so more people play it, and not force others into it. Don't force players into a shit role (it's shit, just accept it). That's the long term solution. Not something that Riot can just do at the drop of a hat. I mean, how do you fix the support role? What's wrong with it? That's something Riot is going to need to research. Unless you insist that Riot should just take a more aggressive approach. (Like say Never nerfing a support, or their itemization. Not Sona, not Raka, not Redempion, etc.) Yet I'm pretty sure the support role would become Oppressive, if Riot just gave the role a lot of power.
> [{quoted}](name=Erockandroll,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8d6E1wxL,comment-id=00040002,timestamp=2016-12-03T05:59:10.177+0000) > > That's the long term solution. Not something that Riot can just do at the drop of a hat. > > I mean, how do you fix the support role? What's wrong with it? That's something Riot is going to need to research. Unless you insist that Riot should just take a more aggressive approach. (Like say Never nerfing a support, or their itemization. Not Sona, not Raka, not Redempion, etc.) Yet I'm pretty sure the support role would become Oppressive, if Riot just gave the role a lot of power. Remember the old FF games where you had the fighter, monk, black mage, and white mage? Supports should be like white mages (not necessarily the healing, but the in game impact), but in this game they're really not. Nor can they be with the current game mechanics. That's not to say the supports are useless. A number of people just feel like that they don't have the same impact as other roles. If you had to pick just one role that would AFK in any given game, which role would that be? Right. Every role is important but some roles are more important than others. The problem here is that supports are mainly just a subclass of mage with weaker scaling. Yeah, there's utility scaling but that sucks in comparison to say, Brand's flaming ball of death. No matter what you do, regular mages with higher AP ratios and long ranges will always have an edge in bot lane over normal supports. One way to address this would be to actually have a real support class complete with support items. Instead of support and support items being based off AP and AD, they use a new "utility power" (UP). Utility power affects skills like stuns, blinds, roots, shields, heals, etc. With a separate mechanic, you're now free to scale supports in ways that make them on par with other classes. You can also put the costs of UP items in line with the typical gold income of supports. Since UP based champs and items wouldn't be damage focused, there's little danger of a support becoming "overpowered" and going mid to try get an advantage. Conversely there's little danger of a mid mage going support as they wouldn't scale with UP and the gold they get from support would put them at a disadvantage. "Ha ha Brand! Your R can't even break my shield!" Unfortunately, this would require a fairly major rework and given Riot's past views I don't see anything like this ever happening.
Done25 (NA)
: The ten champion types and what they do.
You got the support class wrong. There's two subdivisions. There's the "Mid Mage Cancer Supports" and the "Now I'm Useless Because Mid Mage Cancer Supports Do My Job Better".
: GD recommend me some music
Amaranthe Icon For Hire Birthday Massacre Within Temptation
La Spork (NA)
: "Muh Global Warming"
> [{quoted}](name=La Spork,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=5IozG9bl,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-12-01T22:10:05.464+0000) > > Let's keep focusing our resources into something that doesn't exist. > > I swear this is like using hovercrafts to find the unicorn in a rainbow. You know, for something that doesn't exist, the bastion of liberals known as the US military and US intelligence agencies seem to be awfully concerned about it.
: If they can't accurately predict what the weather will be in a month why should I believe they can predict how the global climate will change in 20 years, let alone how much mankind actually effects it.
> [{quoted}](name=Hypochondria9,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=1A8tfzgT,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2016-12-02T00:36:40.268+0000) > > If they can't accurately predict what the weather will be in a month why should I believe they can predict how the global climate will change in 20 years, let alone how much mankind actually effects it. Because you're basing your argument on pure ignorance. You're conflating small scale chaotic events with large scale long term trends. Let's use a concrete example you can understand. If I asked you if it will be cold in January in Barrow Alaska, you're answer with 99.99999% certainty would be yes. If I asked you if there will be a blizzard in Barrow Alaska on January 23rd at 2:00pm in the afternoon, you're answer would likely be "How the fuck should I know?". Another example. If I handed you two 6 sided dice and asked you to tell me what the most likely value would be on any given roll, you'd say 7. Simple math. But if I asked you the value of the 27th roll would be, again you'd say "How the fuck should I know?". Regardless of the branch of science, the more accurate and higher resolution you try to model and measure something, the larger the errors get simply because it is physically impossible to know the exact state of a system. Hence any model you care to name, from aerodynamics to climate, has error bars and inaccuracies. That's why THOUSANDS of scenarios are run with perturbations of the initial conditions; they get the average "most likely" result. In regards to climate specifically, global warming was predicted in the 1890's based on what is now basics physics and chemistry that even a high school student can follow and derive. But once again, that is a general result. What scientists have been focusing on is higher resolution models in order to get a better idea of what the impacts will be. And if you think that's a load of crap, then you should tell the DOD and the US intelligence agencies since they are two of the largest consumers of climate research and results.
: > [{quoted}](name=Careful Ima Trap,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=1A8tfzgT,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-12-01T22:31:04.670+0000) > > I'm so glad we care about the opinions of knuckle dragging idiots like the OP meanwhile 97% of the most brilliant minds on the planet all agree Climate Change is real. Amusingly the remaining & opposing 3% are on the Oil companies payroll, but I'm sure there's no conflicts of interest or anything. Amusingly, scientists can easily be bought, but only the ones you disagree with.
> [{quoted}](name=Summoners Drift,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=1A8tfzgT,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2016-12-01T22:33:22.061+0000) > > Amusingly, scientists can easily be bought, but only the ones you disagree with. Amusingly, Exxon makes more profit in a quarter than the entire science budget of NASA. So if you're looking for "bought scientists", you should probably look where there is the most money (hint: Not government funded).
Enosetc (NA)
: i know damn well y'all feelin dis shit
> [{quoted}](name=Enosetc,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=wALiZ9HY,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-12-02T01:53:59.163+0000) > > i know damn well y'all feelin dis shit So...you're a proctologist?
darkdill (NA)
: Don't you hate getting MR, but your enemies bust through it unless you get 200?
I think he's talking about insta-gibbers. I kind of agree. Unless you're a tank there's practically no real reason to get MR items. They're still going to kill you in one or two hits.
: I'd really like to see something done about the early game snowballing. It's so easy to go first blood > first turret blood > first dragon with a divetrain on bot lane.
> [{quoted}](name=Great Muta,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LOcMZp6Q,comment-id=00000003,timestamp=2016-11-30T03:58:47.923+0000) > > I'd really like to see something done about the early game snowballing. It's so easy to go first blood > first turret blood > first dragon with a divetrain on bot lane. Just had that happen in a promotion game. The strat was dead simple. Camp bot and push the lane. We got 4 man ganked twice, hemmed in on both sides so we couldn't escape. The weak bot turret does jack. They dove right in a double killed both times. The tower was down, they grabbed the dragon, and that was that.
: > [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LOcMZp6Q,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-11-30T03:32:55.757+0000) > > Unanimous surrender (5/5) at 15 minutes is the version we were looking to test. That slipped as a priority relative to the new client and pre-season work. We'll be getting back to it soonish most likely though. Probably going to start off with a test on one region only, then assess whether it's working as intended or not and whether we should roll it out wider. yeah and can't you do something like if a guy is afk/dis for a certain amount of time you won't lose lp? or at least a little less or something?
> [{quoted}](name=Whorem0nes,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LOcMZp6Q,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2016-11-30T03:39:45.755+0000) > > yeah and can't you do something like if a guy is afk/dis for a certain amount of time you won't lose lp? or at least a little less or something? That would be abused, unless the person who went AFK received a huge enough penalty as to make it really painful to leave a game (-100 LP or something). But then, people with connection problems would complain that there in bronze 5 because "rito servers crap".
Show more

Zen Fury

Level 44 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion