Rioter Comments
: yes. that's my problem. especially the fact that they'd balance her around taking that only.
Because it is so fucking good with her kit
: great so now i'm forced to go a specific keystone.
Why would you not take AfterShock on Leona in the first place?
: Community Patch Notes
Mods, please Sticky this post.
: Duskblade is literally causing the same problems Deathfire's grasp did, yet it still exists.
Let's remove Infinity Edge and Triforce while we're at it since so many champions buy it as their core items DuskBlade is meant to be the Infinity Edge for Assassins to give them a proper power curve. Lately it has already been nerfed because it was proving too much of a power spike and compensated every champion who built it. Also Assassins are in a weak role so idk wtf you are complaining about.
CytheGuy (NA)
: The first thing that pops into my mind when I read this is a wise, black grandma. "Mmm child, mama will take care of *you*."
MILF SPRAYS UNDERAGED CHILD IN THEIR OWN HOUSE
: > Didn't want you to see If I was worried about people seeing them, I wouldn't have directly engaged players to talk about some stuff. There's some stuff coming to the PBE today most likely, and I'll be putting up a post soon with what's going on. It's been nice to get some early feedback from strict Ryze players before going broader first, mostly to talk through some options.
Damn Repertoir you've been feisty lately You're not putting up with the community's criticism anymore I like it
: 90% of toplane gets counterpicked by Gnar? Gnar has a 39% presence in pro in 8.6 and a healthy amount of losing solo queue matchups. I agree he's pretty annoying to play against for the champions he counters. So if this is a 'Gnar is annoying to play against' post, then I agree I guess.
: Something something shinigami.
: Yeah. Feels pretty bad. Not getting full effect from Conqueror has a similar feel. On the plus side, we've been testing a few new fighter items that hopefully don't need to have the 'melee only' flag on them, but it's hard to say if they'll make it to Live in that state. Recently I put in a change for testing where Urgot was just considered melee for the purposes of systems like these, but overwhelmingly got negative feedback on that. My personal preference would be that we have another split similar to how we have range / melee that describes defensive profile rather than range profile. In most cases they line up, but if for example, we had a light / heavy split, that might do good stuff for making champions like Urgot and GP more balanceable within the item system. Biggest immediate problem I can see with that, however, is that there's no immediate gameplay connection to that profile in the same way there is for AA ranges.
Have you thought about adding more Ranged Limitations to Fighter Items? Like with Conqueror?
: My problem with Kai'sa is that her lore suggests she should be covered in scars, sleep deprived and underfed, yet her appearence completely contradicts that. For someone who had to survive in the void, she shouldn't look like a victoria secret model. I understand sex sells, but there's just no reason for it to be there lore wise.
> [{quoted}](name=free software,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=o6rtIHba,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-04-09T00:39:17.908+0000) > > My problem with Kai'sa is that her lore suggests she should be covered in scars, sleep deprived and underfed, yet her appearence completely contradicts that. For someone who had to survive in the void, she shouldn't look like a victoria secret model. I understand sex sells, but there's just no reason for it to be there lore wise. Her Second Skins gives her vitality?
Arakadia (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Zepper,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E3yLIk4T,comment-id=000000000000000a0000000000000001,timestamp=2018-04-08T21:33:35.851+0000) > > Learn marketing fella Marketing for games actually encourages people now to broaden their demographic. A former Rioter has even said that Riot does this because you can't just aim at straight males any more. Marketing also doesn't excuse the poor character design.
> [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E3yLIk4T,comment-id=000000000000000a00000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-04-08T21:48:13.923+0000) > > Marketing for games actually encourages people now to broaden their demographic. A former Rioter has even said that Riot does this because you can't just aim at straight males any more. > > Marketing also doesn't excuse the poor character design. In other words, the #1 Moba in the world, League of Legends, who are praised left and right for wonderful character designs and backstory, has poor character designs. Okay, gotcha, no need to talk about this anymore. You are absolutely correct. Good day.
Arakadia (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Zepper,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E3yLIk4T,comment-id=000000000000000a00000000,timestamp=2018-04-08T09:30:27.974+0000) > > you have a very skewed idea of what variety is... What is variety than? I would think it isn't having the same hourglass shape and almond face copy and pasted on most females.
> [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E3yLIk4T,comment-id=000000000000000a000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-08T18:42:01.987+0000) > > What is variety than? I would think it isn't having the same hourglass shape and almond face copy and pasted on most females. Learn marketing fella
saltran (EUW)
: Reverse Shyvanna, she's a dragon and turns into a woman with her ultimate. Edit: Ignore this coment, was for other thread lul.
> Edit: Ignore this coment, was for other thread lul. NO
Arakadia (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Zepper,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E3yLIk4T,comment-id=000000000000000a,timestamp=2018-04-07T23:27:39.852+0000) > Hell, I can barely think of champions who are sexualized in this game. As for why they are sexualized. Profit for skins, variety in female champions, and because a majority of players are healthy, young men with a penis. Uhh making most of the females have the same face, body, and sexy features is the opposite of variety. Your explanation for why they are sexy is well known. However making most females sexy damages character design, overall uniqueness, and believably, etc. I can go on about the negatives of how uncreative Riot has been with female bodies.
> [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E3yLIk4T,comment-id=000000000000000a0000,timestamp=2018-04-07T23:31:02.211+0000) > > Uhh making most of the females have the same face, body, and sexy features is the opposite of variety. > > Your explanation for why they are sexy is well known. However making most females sexy damages character design, overall uniqueness, and believably, etc. I can go on about the negatives of how uncreative Riot has been with female bodies. you have a very skewed idea of what variety is...
Raoul (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Sound Voltex,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E3yLIk4T,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-04-07T17:33:32.571+0000) > > That's a heavy exaggeration Is it? Go through all the female champions, and just for once, try to not ignore the sexualisation. Then ask yourself if there is any reason that they look as sexualised as they do.
> [{quoted}](name=Raoul,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E3yLIk4T,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-07T18:03:13.808+0000) > > Is it? Go through all the female champions, and just for once, try to not ignore the sexualisation. Then ask yourself if there is any reason that they look as sexualised as they do. Annie, Taliyah, Irelia, Karma, Lulu, Poppy, Fiora, Camille, Zoe, Soraka, Illaoi, Kindred(Does dat ass count or no?), Jinx, Vi, Rek'Sai(duh), Sejuani, Lissandra, Plently of champions off the top of my head that aren't heavily sexualized compared to their counterparts like MF, Kai Sa, Sivir, Caitlyn, Ahri, Janna, Lux, Ashe, Tristana, Eve? Hell, I can barely think of champions who are sexualized in this game. As for why they are sexualized. Profit for skins, variety in female champions, and because a majority of players are healthy, young men with a penis. No idea what "problem" you see and Riot is very tame compared to other video games, *cough* World of Warcraft *cough*
Merlinez (NA)
: when jhin builds rageblade
: LOL Wolrd Map (Upgraded!!)
Where's Bandle City?
Zumo (EUW)
: Question for Riot's balancing team
They're Diamonds https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/4juB9T8l-quick-gameplay-thoughts-october-27
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Rayjay Redfang,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=g4eQcEXL,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-03-22T19:30:20.698+0000) > > I will use this emote often. It would've been even better if Soraka's eyes also had the burning embers inside of them. It all reminds me of this: https://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/this-is-fine-meme-625x350.jpg
That's literally what it's referencing
: Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the hair either, this is the kind of thing we really need the original artist to redo, this is just to show ideas of what it could look like. Thing about the original hair is that it looks too Shyvanna like as many have pointed out.
Honestly i don't think the Hair is bad at all. It's just the overall theme and how each portion fit with each other makes it looks awful. The Butt, the clothes, the pose, the facial expressions are all wrong and I think the hair is the last thing that needs changing other than the color.
: Frostblade Irelia Splash Tweaks
That angle makes it makes it look way better although I don't like what you did to the hair in Version 2.
Vei (NA)
: *i am so tilted right now* https://78.media.tumblr.com/c4df38fd853f840596506ca6879414f7/tumblr_inline_okrryk9EJ21symc6x_540.png
Toppien (NA)
: have you seen kai'sa's booty?
https://i.imgur.com/ykln641.png?1
: There's also Corki and Lucian, although Lucian isn't in a great spot right now.
: > [{quoted}](name=KempyreanPirate,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=LXAMJtEG,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-03-16T20:36:31.800+0000) > > As a Swain main, sometimes it turns out okay after a couple days. Have faith! I doubt she'll have a good rework like swain
IreliaCarriesU said the rework was amazing
Ampson (NA)
: Oh yeah! Just in case you missed it, here's a short video of some of the field recording and Foley performing we've done at Riot in the past few years. https://twitter.com/riotgames/status/930475408750919680?lang=en
I'm disappointed we don't get to see condoms filled with dog food being slapped around for Zac's noises.
: Yup. I was happy with the swain changes and I wasn’t able to win match ups I couldn’t asbestosis old Swain. But people complained and he got buffed and buffed. People need to give at least a month or month and a half to look at a new or changed champs winrates.
Swain is in a good spot right now though isn't he?
: Basically all the old spiderman cartoon
https://i.imgur.com/cowgvNd.jpg?1
: How in the WORLD the WOOORLD has draven NOT been nerfed yet?
ZJD123 (NA)
: ***
Do not waste your time writing an entire essay towards someone who is clearly stubborn and delusional. Jerking it to cat porn would be better spent than using the Socrates Method on these people.
: A goodbye letter
Will you still be posting on Reddit?!
ampheon (NA)
: If you're pushing mid after getting mid inhib, aren't you basically getting the nexus turret?
No because unless you're really fed or the enemy is really bad, you aren't taking anything
: But then he won't need the Mana from Manamune, and then literally no one would buy it.
Why do you remove items like Zephyr or DFG but not Ohmwrecker and Manamune anyway? Do you have plans in stored for them soon(tm)?
: I hope this doesn't awaken anything in me
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Hgph04rX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-03-12T21:51:24.569+0000) > > I hope this doesn't awaken anything in me I honestly wouldn't mind
: {{sticker:sg-jinx}}
I don't think that's the appropriate emote to use {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
: _Edit: For reference, I wrote a post giving detailed thoughts about Ahri almost a month ago, link here:_ https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/skin-champion-concepts/Y9BAB0Eo-thoughts-regarding-ahris-kit-since-riot-might-be-reworking-her-in-the-near-ish-future As someone who has played both the old Ahri and the live version with Q movement speed, I'm kind of disappointed with these changes. # Regarding Version 2's Ultimate (Spirit Rush) changes Giving 5 dashes on R seems to miss the mark IMO. Part of the problem with her R is that it's really safe, so I think that if they want her to have more dashes, it should be limited like Xerath Ult is limited, only granting additional dashes if she uses it offensively. Also I'm pretty sure that if you add more dashes you're just going to piss off everyone who already hates Ahri, so bear that in mind. # Regarding Fox Fires Both versions don't do much to address the one ability that is really holding her back from feeling better to play. Her W - Fox-Fires - doesn't feel skill expressive to use. Maybe the delay in casting and the lower cooldown will feel better, but it's still not as skill expressive as I would like to see from it. I'm still wishing they would do something more extreme, like move fox-fires onto a spellblade-like-passive (on spell cast, spawn fox-fires). Replace W with something more skill expressive. # Regarding Orb of Deception and it's movement speed Both versions take the extreme route of removing the movement speed from Q, instead of trying something more tame like making it more conditional to see how that works. I'd really like for them to at least test it with a more conditional movement speed to see if that is enough to address her safety in-lane. Here are a few ideas to test that I think would be much more limited and skill-expressive: * only rewarding her with the movespeed if she hits an enemy with the first half of the ability. Or... * only granting her movement speed while moving towards or perpendicular to nearby enemies (basically Volibear's Q but with a wider degree of effect). Or... * grant less movement speed the farther away enemies are, only rewarding her for using it when enemies are much closer.
> Her W - Fox-Fires - doesn't feel skill expressive to use > > Both versions take the extreme route of removing the movement speed from Q, What if you moved the movespeed from Q onto W? Xayah's W grants movespeed per auto for the next 4 seconds. Fox Fires could give movespeed per champion ability hit. So you'd only get the movespeed after landing Q when you activate your W, making it a "Do I use it now or later to land Q easier" scenario. Hit 2 birds with 1 stone.
: well, does it mean ahri should be like other mid laners? or bring a different playstyle ?
She should be what players want her to be, which is a burst mage. Putting power on her E when you land it makes it easier to burst while feeling rewarding. They want more burst and less safety.
JoeMG (NA)
: The skin should come with an added passive: "Freshness Guarenteed"
Fuck dude. A Pizza Sivir Ultimate Skin would have been so much better than Gun Goddess MF
: Of course, but not every change is this wide reaching, which is what the question was about.
Random question but do you ever vote on comments?
: We tend to refer to them as "neutral" or "power neutral" internally, that being said the term Berf (burf?) also get's thrown around a decent amount
Nuff sounds a lot better doesn't it?
: Perhaps they should be called nuffs.
"Nuff Said, Call Ed"
: but we ain't done yet, HOW ABOUT HANDS/FISTS?!? https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/5/55/Blood_Boil.png https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/0/0b/Brutal_Strikes.png https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/f/f6/Eternal_Hunger.png https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/0/08/Excessive_Force.png https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/1/12/Frost_Shot_2.png https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/c/c1/Ground_Slam.png https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/1/1e/Denting_Blows_2.png https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/7/7f/Iron_Will.png https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/9/98/Power_Fist.png https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/1/18/Pulverize.png https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/2/29/Sap_Magic.png https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/6/6c/Soul_Eater.png https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/2/2d/Stone_Skin.png https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/5/57/Thunder_Claws.png https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/2/27/Wallop.png
You know, at this point we should just make Exodia
: Yeah but that's not against what I said. I didn't understand the "counter" part.
: > And how can you say that Banner isn't already having a significant effect when, in NA at least, in games that 1 team built Banner and 1 team didn't the team with Banner won 100% of those games? I didn't say it isn't having a significant effect. I said it hasn't proven to be mandatory. Banner is an effect that helps teams secure a win. It would make sense that the winning team would be more likely to have one, because the team that is ahead is more likely to get baron, and banner is better with baron. There isn't reason that didn't exist in 8.3 that exists in 8.4 to pick Banner as a team that can't get Baron.
Can't the Boards show player ranks because it feels awful seeing you talk to people arguing balance yet he's Gold 5.
: My issue is that Tracker's Knife was removed, without providing a viable alternative, under the pretence that games would be less safe and therefore more entertaining. Instead, games have far less action because everyone is playing risk-averse, and the teams that are taking risks are being punished for it. The Banner of Command + Baron interaction has a direct impact on how passively this week's games have been played out because teams simply refuse to take risks before 20 minutes because they know the second baron spawns the enemy team will leverage any advantage they have to take it, and that the Enemy Top Laner already has Banner in their inventory waiting to be cast on a Baron Cannon Minion. Not to mention, Banner of Command in terms of raw stats is pretty damn efficient for a Tank and nobody else. So Top Lane's champion pool pretty much immediately stagnated because Jungle and Support don't have the gold income to rush it. So here we are back in 2017 watching Maokai vs. Gho'gath every single game.
> Instead, games have far less action because everyone is playing risk-averse, and the teams that are taking risks are being punished for it. Are you watching the right games?!
: How is that "counter argument"?
The longer it takes you to climb the ladder the more games you will play, and Riot wants people to play their game Simple as that
: > [{quoted}](name=IAintDarius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9pQ4Ecu1,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-03-04T04:33:07.406+0000) > > I'm not sure why everyone is reacting this hard. Riot literally said they expected her to be unplayably bad and plan to buff her accordingly afterwards. So, basically Kindred after they skipped throwing her in the dumpster and just slowly and gently dropped her off the face of the earth, for her to burn up in the ozone layer and die? To which, they followed with removing her health damage, making her crit based, and then still ignoring the fact her ulti is shit, her passive is basically the Eye of Sauron for everyone on the map, and is feast or walking ward without her first mark. Oh well, not like talking about it will matter. Lets just ignore her like everyone ignored the absurd damage Season 8 is just because it was "Pre-season". {{sticker:katarina-love}}
So, basically Kindred after they skipped throwing her in the dumpster and just slowly and gently dropped her off the face of the earth, for her to burn up in the ozone layer and die? To which, they followed with removing her health damage, making her crit based, and then still ignoring the fact her ulti is shit, her passive is basically the Eye of Sauron for everyone on the map, and is feast or walking ward without her first mark. Oh well, not like talking about it will matter. Lets just ignore her like everyone ignored the absurd damage Season 8 is just because it was "Pre-season". New Runes has her back in the meta...
: Thoughts on ADC balance
It would REAAALLY screw up optimal build paths and become too one-directional unfortunately.
Rude Name (OCE)
: It doesn't line up lol
I hypothesize that if they aligned the skins in the loading screen and here, Xayah and Rakan would be bought and used a lot more.
Show more

Zepper

Level 128 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion