: Personally I've always wanted a candy Illaoi with a jawbreaker and giant gummy worms. I'll never get it, but you know. A guy can dream.
> [{quoted}](name=Carnival Knights,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=vEl2L4AA,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-19T19:45:03.008+0000) > > Personally I've always wanted a candy Illaoi with a jawbreaker and giant gummy worms. > > I'll never get it, but you know. A guy can dream. I'v been wanting surprise party Evelynn for awhile, i'm tempted to just draw it and hope it becomes a skin someone wants to make like the papercraft skins.
Rioter Comments
: just wanted to show you http://prntscr.com/nds52a
> [{quoted}](name=letsfeedtogether,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HzFIbPIK,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-04-18T16:19:50.130+0000) > > just wanted to show you http://prntscr.com/nds52a Yeah i posted a similar thread in client discussion only to find out it went out 5 minutes after lol
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: See the problem with being the only person extremely fed is your team is probably behind and not only that but if you manged to get fed while your team didn't then chances are they aren't very reliable to begin with. So the only way to win is to split push and hope to draw some attention so you can rotate yourself to your team and win with a numbers advantage.
> [{quoted}](name=PrismalDawn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2WP5NwmE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-02T09:13:34.528+0000) > > See the problem with being the only person extremely fed is your team is probably behind and not only that but if you manged to get fed while your team didn't then chances are they aren't very reliable to begin with. > > So the only way to win is to split push and hope to draw some attention so you can rotate yourself to your team and win with a numbers advantage. Alright, so let's say our fed Mid laner is splitting, the rest of this mid laner's team is behind but only 2 of them inted really hard. Our fed mid laner succeeds in drawing one or two of them to them, but here comes the problem, what are they going to do against an enemy that's more than likely more fed than they are. Now if you took 1 from the enemy team you made it a 4v4 but here's the other kicker, remember that 2 people on this mid laner's team inted really hard, 1 of them went after the mid laner and the other is with their team. So you have 2 people that just didn't feed but are probably really far behind and 2 people that are much further behind against a team of 3 relatively okay player's and 1 fed player. This is why the whole "i'm fed let me split" thing doesn't work unless you have more than 1 fed person on your team, because your team will just lose every fight since none of them are of equal strength to the enemy. Don't get me wrong, splitting every so often is fine but to often i see my fed ally that i want to carry my ass out of here split for literally 10+ minutes at a time completely ignoring Objectives, Teamfights and The Team when they do this they just make the gap even wider between their team and the enemy thus making them all too heavy to carry but if you just grouped initially your teamates could have just played around you, without you there's nothing they have to play around. It's a game by game thing, yes, but in general i think it's probably worse to split when your the only person who has any strength on your team.
: New ways to earn Prestige Points
Have you guys looked into giving player's Prestige Points from Mastery milestones? Not mastery 3,4,5,6,7 but a number of mastery points on the champion, Maybe a little bit at 50,000 then more at 100,000, so on and so forth. I'm sure you guys know a lot of people who have a ridiculous number of mastery points on a champion but after that mastery 7 you don't get anything for it, prestige points would be kind of nice for those player's who have pored countless hour's into 1 champions and don't get Chests for their hard work either.
Rioter Comments
: I feel as though making support gold factor into this is another step in the wrong direction for player satisfaction and ends up resulting in unnecessarily making the best Spellthiefs supports, such as Brand, Bard and Vel'Koz worth more gold for no other reason than they were able to make better use of their support items.
> [{quoted}](name=Toþykachu,realm=EUW,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=BQEfgyrs,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-14T16:08:24.778+0000) > > I feel as though making support gold factor into this is another step in the wrong direction for player satisfaction and ends up resulting in unnecessarily making the best Spellthiefs supports, such as Brand, Bard and Vel'Koz worth more gold for no other reason than they were able to make better use of their support items. I'd argue that due to the actual power of some "Support" champions like Brand and Vel'Koz it only makes more sense that they get factored in the bounty system as well. The enemy brand can, in many cases, be a key factor towards the enemy doing really well and that means that the enemy brand is a key player and a target, the thing that i hate though is that if i'm playing against Soraka, Janna or Lulu, they tend to die alot and only get assists so they aren't worth my ultimate or my flash as an assassin and i sometimes don't get but maybe 100 gold for killing them despite how useful they tend to be.
BigFBear (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=BigFBear,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HATeiXEi,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-03-14T03:34:32.342+0000) > > I have disabled sight myself. > There are cursor add-ons which works great with LoL. > I could link it here but maybe it's not a good idea because I don't know Riot rules. > You should just Google it. > You will find it. > It starts with Y. It's best not to use any add-ons at all because the anti-cheat system could pick up on them and you'll get banned for "Hacking/Cheating."
Rioter Comments
: Inspiration Secondary for Junglers?
I'm a jungle main and while i won't take Inspiration Secondary all the time i take it very frequently on Neeko. Cosmic Insight and Free Boots are just so useful on her in the jungle and not very many other runes would give you as much mileage in the jungle on her, since she's not really supposed to be one, not having to spend money on boots and getting a free 5% CDR bonus is pretty nice(puts your ultimate on a 40s cooldown when you cap your CDR). On other jungler's i definitely see the benefits of taking Free Boots/Future's market and Cosmic insight especially. Free Boot's is my favorite though in the jungle, i don't like future's market personally though.
Rioter Comments
RJay123 (NA)
: So I love Evelynn, and I'm just wondering...
Void Staff is my man...in reference to her qoute...
Floupi (EUW)
: Why are rune trees necessary at all now that stat shards exist ? Letting us choose freely our 6 runes (just one keystone of course) would feel way funnier, and would allow more creativity. Right now for a said champion, the "meta rune page" is too easy to find, there is no freedom because the trees are limiting things too much. All runes are already pretty balanced with each other (otherwise you would see everyone going the same secondary tree etc. ), and if that makes some runes too redundant you could remove some of them...
I think that if you want to take X Keystone you should have to sacrifice Y runes. If you could take Aftershock but also go down the Domination tree and get Sudden Impact+Tast of Blood and Ultimate hunter and then still go down another tree to get Magical Boots and Future's market that would be a bit silly. To add to this imagine that Ezreal didn't have to sacrifice anything by getting klepto and could just take all the runes that are the best on him, it's pretty strong and a bit ridiculous.
: Play her jng. She have to get her passive power spikes, but can't fight in lane with anybody and I mean ANYBODY so just play solo jng and stack up for late game and item/passive spikes. Try it. It will work. I just don't know which rune to use yet. Fleet footwork feels like a safe pick. Kayle is completely trash in early game and early game wins you most of your games. Just try to be useless in jng, until u can 1v5. When jng gets reverted, wait for it, she will be trashing everybody. Or if she gets buffed early game, she might be even good in lane.
To add to Boulder's comment, she doesn't do well in the jungle for the same reason a lot of champions don't. If she struggles to win trades/1v1's in lane she'll struggle in the jungle to. To add to this point her clear is primarily single target because her Q doesn't do enough damage and has to high a cooldown, add that to the fact she's Melee and can't kite camps early along with the fact that AOE camps offer the most EXP(Krugs is the best camp for champs that can get it second) and your basically forcing yourself to fight the enemy jungler at scuttle, which she also can't get easily because she has no CC. Like, if i see a Kayle jungle while i play as any champion i'm 100% going to invade her and probably kill her, at the very least, if she's lucky, i'll only set her so far behind she'll never reach 11 because i'm going to kill her so much in her own jungle. This is coming from someone who play's Evelynn and Neeko in the jungle, two champions that are considered to be pretty bad level 1-5 in the jungle because they can't fight 1v1's and are vulnerable to invades, i'd still invade her with both of them because she's so much worse than them.
: There was actually a really funny moment on RiotAugust's stream yesterday where he encountered the invisible Nunu bug. "I'm fixing that shit on monday personally."
https://streamable.com/cwon4 Part 2 https://streamable.com/8chk7 Part 1 Yeah, the original vod was removed but i found it for the people that didn't get to see.
LankPants (OCE)
: He reveals himself when he roars, which tells you that he's there, not where he's coming from. You can't target anything based on auditory information unless the only thing that matters is the timing. So you can use the roar to queue up something like a flash or Ezreal's E, but not something like an Ashe arrow, Zyra snare, Condemn or Cocoon. As for ascertaining his general direction and using that, there's niche cases where it's useful. If you have a spell with a wide arc which covers a fairly large area to ensure you can hit the general direction can be good enough, but these spells are typically fairly rare in the first place. The few I can think of not tied to ultimates on someone Rengar is likely to target are Syndra's E, which often isn't going to be used to knock back without a stun anyway, it's really a last resort to do that and Annie's W, which is a conditional stun. Generally speaking reacting with anything other than a mobility spell via sound alone isn't an option. >and i think that .7-1 seconds is pretty okay since you probably also have about 2 seconds to prepare for it before hand when his R gives you that mark on your head. That literally only matters if you're casting a mobility spell, if you're not then you still have to find and target Rengar in all but niche cases. >Also i should add that Rengar's jump takes .5 seconds to complete .5 is still just above human reaction time. That means if you don't react instantly Rengar kills you. It's also worth noting that by flashing before his jump he can actually make it unreactable. I think a majority of players would agree that this isn't OK. The punishment for reacting 0.2 seconds too slowly shouldn't be instant death. This is why Rengar is so overwhelmingly hated by pretty much everyone who doesn't play him and why he's honestly one of if not the worst designs in the game.
I don't play him and i don't hate him, i think you have ample time to get away if you have the necessary tools to do so. At this point i think your just trying to give yourself a reason to "Debunk" all counterplay to a champion you hate, Rengar is an assassin, if he doesn't kill you he's worthless. Having to burn flash to get away is acceptable, if he burned flash to kill you, that's also acceptable. If you were in a poor position and even with flash you failed to get away, that's your fault. If you miss timed your skillshot when he leaped, again, that's your fault, if i can land an Ahri Charm on a leaping rengar, so can you and so can anyone else, i'm Iron 1 and i'm not complaining as much as you are.
LankPants (OCE)
: Nice theory, but Rengar doesn't give auditory warning of which direction he's coming from. There's no way to use the audio queue to align your mouse over him in order to react to him at all. The roar is only useful for allerting you to him, in order to actually react properly to him in any way other than a pre-mediated flash in a random direction, IE to do something like Condemn him as Vayne you actually need to wait the full visual reaction time. Also worth noting, .185 is a very quick visual reaction time, the last time I took one of those tests I was at about .2 and I'm still well above average. The average reaction time is .28, add your 63 ping to that and you're looking at .34 seconds before you can make a meaningful reaction to Rengar. The issue is he can be on top of you in less time than that and burst you in fractionally more time.
He reveals himself the second he roar's, i can understand having to target him, as with vayne condemn but i don't play champions that have targeted abilities so i usually just point my mouse and click a button. Though i will add that you can kind of deduce what direction he's in because of the fact his R puts a marker on the nearest enemy and it does have a limited range, i think that's pretty helpful to prepare for him jumping on you since if your prepared for it you can react a lot faster. Also i should add that Rengar's jump takes .5 seconds to complete, during which he is completely unable to perform any action(except prep his Q) so even though the burst itself will come out in .2 seconds(give or take based on how fed he is or isn't.) and i think that .7-1 seconds is pretty okay since you probably also have about 2 seconds to prepare for it before hand when his R gives you that mark on your head.
: Who has .2 seconds reaction time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzIuZudzESo Visual Reaction Time and Auditory Reaction Time are different from eachother. In this video there's a tiny test for your reaction time inside of it, here's what i got. .185 MS Visual and .083 Auditory. In league of legends there's a large number of sounds you can listen to that would help you react to a multitude of things; for example, rengar's Roar when he leaps at you, comes out at the beginning of his jump almost the exact millisecond that he reveals himself. I'v gotten pretty dang good at flashing that shit, or landing a skillshot before he even finishes the jump because all i have to do is press 1 button right after i hear that roar. There's more examples but i feel like Rengar's is the most helpful. I should add that my ping is 63 usually, so we have to add 63 to 185 so 248 with visual and .146 with auditory. My mouse and keyboard have almost no delay so i'm gonna go with it's negligible but i think i have plenty of time between rengar's jump and the damage portion of the jump in order to prevent myself from getting popped, assuming i have the tools necessary to do so.
: Gameplay/Client Feedback Megathread: One +, One -
**Positive** I'm still able to have fun playing my favorite champions in normal games, i feel like in most cases the game hasn't really pushed any of them out, i can still build effectively on them, take runes that feel good on them and still do well. (Ahri, Evelynn and Neeko) **Negative** Some champions seem to be obviously better than other's though, i remember when i started playing the gap between a high tier champion and a mid tier champion wasn't as high. It feels like if i'm playing a jungle champion that's not meta and the enemy picks a top tier jungler i almost always have to deal with that champion being fed. It also seems like champions that are high tier tend to stay there for a long time before someone finally nerfs them, and that a lot of champions tend to be affected by recent inclusions of new runes, items and mechanic changes a lot more than other's. All the new items, runes and mechanics since pre-season has made the rate of change feel really fast and some of these champions have been really strong for a really long time with nothing done to fix them because of a lot of these changes, it feels like riot can't keep up with the changes they've been making.
Riot Jag (NA)
: Teemo changes temporarily on PBE for early feedback
I still think he maintains a core issue, he has low range in comparison to other ranged champions and he lacks any real escape. From the looks of it your not really buffing/changing him so much as making him less of a pain to play against for people that do poorly against him and these changes will more than likely feel like nerfs for mains. In terms of his Poison being moved to his passive, cool that's great, buuuut making his Guerrila warfare an active effect that's effectively worse than the original is kind of not cool. If i were to do something i'd probably make his W have the same passive movement speed but the active would be a small dash, and this dash would immediately activate his Guerrilla Warfare if he dashes into a bush, in addition i thought it would be cool if teemo could dash onto a mushroom and it would make him bounce. I also like the other player's suggestion to make Guerrilla Warfare be Camo when outside of a bush and full invisibility while inside of one. In my opinion keep his toxic shot on his passive, that parts nice, change his W because it's his worst ability(preferably to the dash i mentioned above) and change his E so that he has to level it to get his old Guerrilla Warfare but the active would be something new.
: Not being able to attack while Kayle is ulting one of her teammates feels awful
I'm gonna be real with you, they wanted kayle to keep her iconic ultimate but not be unfun to play against because of it. Tbh i hate kayle now when she hits late game, ults herself and shreds my whole team into ribbons, because there's not much you can do about it since she's invulnerable. 1. You can't make yourself helpless while being invulnerable, your invulnerable, you cannot die. 2. I don't want to have to deal with a Kayle ulted Yi diving my team while kayle casually helps him rip apart my team in 3 seconds. 3. The damage on the Pacify portion makes up for the damage you'd be missing out on because you can't auto attack, this is called "Back loading" damage. Basically Riot decided that they didn't want the kayle player to just be able to ult themselves to save themselves from burst while also being able to attack back, this way the player that tries to kill her lost out on killing her but didn't die themselves, which happened very frequently with old kayle and tbh it's super frustrating when your job is to kill the carry and you can't kill the carry because she's invulnerable. To add to this, when kayle reaches late game she's an absolute monster, the only way to stop her is to kill her but she has invulnerability, the fact she can't attack you adds a lot of counterplay and outplay potential because if she ults the second she see's an Evelynn she has a higher chance of dying since evelynn can chose not to attack, on the other side if kayle ults when she starts to take damage or, she's about to die, evelynn misses out on all her damage and more than likely the kill itself. Current kayle does not have this counterplay, because kayle can immediately ult and prevent all damage while simultaneously being able to dish out damage herself, by backloading her damage with an End Effect you also punish player's that over committed to killing kayle and failed to do so. If i run at kayle, miss out on all my damage and stay to try and kill her anyway, her ulti is gonna kill me and tbh i probably deserve it.
: What are these weaknesses?
She only has a few really, her Early Game kind of sucks, she tends not to be very strong until she get's her core items and unfortunately there are plenty of champions that don't need their items to deal damage. {{champion:6}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:80}} She losses to these champions for that reason, it takes a lot of skill on the riven's side to not come out behind in these match ups and a lot of screw ups on these champions side to not come out on top. With all of these champions if she messes up just 1 time they get a really quick and hard to counter all in or trade that will usually shave off about 75% of their HP at levels 3-9. In my opinion the best champions to play against High Skill cap champions like Riven or Yasuo are champions that punish them and do it hard, 1 misuse of your Q's as Riven, one misuse of your shield and you probably lose lane against any of them. This is without mentioning that Kennen is a hard match up and so is Teemo(for bad rivens.) Edit: I should note that Riven struggles when behind, sure she's good once she gets her items(Black Clever, Deaths Dance and Spear of Shojin) but until then she's pretty garbage in comparison to other mid-game focused champions such as the juggernauts and fighter's i listed above. If she get's put to far behind she's basically a cannon minion, this is true for a lot of champions so picking champions that are just flat out stronger than her early on makes her life a living hell.
: Oooooh, ok. I thought you talk about the actual AD par of the auto atack damage and not the on-hit effects. My bad. Does it really include true damage, tho? I thought true damage can't get reduced.
True damage cannot be reduced with Armor or Magic Resist, but because Ninja Tabi reduce all Auto Attack damage by 12%, ninja tabi can reduce True Damage from Auto Attacks.
: Since when does Adaptive Helmet reduce the damage from autos? It just works against spells, doesn't it?
It says taking magic damage from a spell or effect will reduce all subsiquent damage from that same effect by 20% for 4 seconds. Because it says "effect" it also includes Nashor's, Wit's End and Guinsoo's along with On-Hit auto attack effects that deal magic damage such as Kayle's.
: Plus % missing magic damage. Building mitigation versus her is going to be a real chore.
Thorn Mail+Adaptive Helm+Tabi's+Randuins/Frozen Heart should do the trick though i'm sure she'll still shred you but with this you lower damage from her On-Hit Magic Damage(such as Nashor's, Her Passive and Guinsoo's) due to Helm, You take -12% from all auto attacks(including True Damage) you inflict Greivous Wounds and cause her to damage herself and finally you take -20% damage from Critical Strike's if you go Randuins or Reduce her attack speed tremendously if you go frozen heart. Edit: Cut Randuins share Cold Steel with Thornmail(I often don't get to buy Randuins) I actually like Thornmail+Adaptive Helm a lot against Hybrid Auto Attacker's like Kai'sa, Yi and Jax.
: Diana click
Sincerely, no.
: > [{quoted}](name=Bioluminescence,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=5OELPcAJ,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-02-17T02:16:27.188+0000) > > You have no idea how much I love the fact that this is a question. I adore Zaun (good Summoner name, btw). > > Unfortunately I cannot give you an _extensive_ answer, but I will point out that Zaun has a lot of brickwork - most likely imported from Mudtown (it had been on my mind during the creation of the Medarda Heirloom - where they got their bricks). Tesla Effect has a good few references too, and the teaser vidoes mentioned are good - don't forget that the [The Climb](https://youtu.be/3Eu7NzzHC84?t=48) (Season Start 2018) has a few moments of Zaun visible too. > > Ugh I love Zaun - cultivairs in particular. I, clearly, love zaun too haha. Ive been trying to make a 3d scene to do it justice since i started doing game art. The trailers are kind of hard to use as a reference (warwick's isnt in the city, and ekko's has a different artstyle and architectural style than post-warwick rework zaun, where zaun got a more unique look) But i think The Climb is a very good reference. I speculated with a fellow game artist that the walls are often reinforced or decorated with strips ane bars of iron along the walls. And that where in real victorian architecture you would find elaborate stone sculptures and detailing on stone reinforcements, zaun reinforcements get a frilly or cog like feeling due to the amount of rivets and bolts and how they are placed. Would you agree? Zaun's got a very unique architecture and material usage so drawing parallels with the real world is hard, but i feel the victorian era is a good guideline. I hope to at some point have enough modular pieces to make a bit of zaun that contains a cultivair. But for now im sticking to an alleyway due to wanting to fill up my portfolio.
I think i would liken Zaun to a darker SteamPunk style, Piltover has a lot of "Steam Punk" aesthetics but they often use Gold's, White's and lighter color's in contrast to Zaun which seems to prefer darker color's. If my memory is correct, weren't zaun and piltover made at the same time? And it wasn't until long after that the city of Zaun became the way it was today. If that was the case then places in zaun might be similar to rundown places, especially in reference to Zaun using a lot of brick, i think of places like Detroit, Brooklynn and Downtown Los Angeles but you add a Steampunk aesthetic to it, lots of cogs and gears but their rusty and don't work correctly, a lots of Steel and rusted metal. We can't forget that it looks like a lot of Homes in Zaun are built from Sheet Metal and pieces of Scavenged wood. The streets looked really dirty too, covered in trash, dirt and ash. I hope this can help you think of it a bit more, maybe get an image going in there.
: Please put Morgana's wings back on her shoulder blades
Some depictions of Angels and Fallen Angels(Which i believe is what they were going for) have the wings placed on the Lower Back instead of Upper Back. It's a pretty common trend to distinguish the two, i don't really see the problem in them doing it.
iGwenXD (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Zerenza,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=AKGEKLMT,comment-id=000300000002,timestamp=2019-02-14T12:37:45.375+0000) > > I quickly became a Neeko main after her release, i think it's just that her Passive is good for Baiting someone but isn't really rewarding and her W Active is useful for a lot of things(You can block skill-shots if timed correctly, dodge AA heavy champions for a bit ect) but overall it doesn't do much for her and these two things do feel a bit gimmicky. > > These two parts are the parts where i feel like your not really rewarded for using them, and also a couple bugs. > > Neeko does not have Runaan's yellow orb when transforming into a champion that does have Runaan's. Her Passive does not work on tower's, her W Clone will sometimes sit in place and do nothing. When attempting to block certain abilities with her Clone the timing for it seems random, it's unclear at what point the clone becomes Solid, in a sense. If you copy someone with Runnan's Hurricane you(Neeko) won't have that floating sun thing next to you. So its pretty obvious :/
Neeko does not have Runaan's yellow orb when transforming into a champion that does have Runaan's. That's what i said isn't it?
Meddler (NA)
: We're aiming to have a small Neeko buff in soon. More likely to be in 9.5 than 9.4.
I quickly became a Neeko main after her release, i think it's just that her Passive is good for Baiting someone but isn't really rewarding and her W Active is useful for a lot of things(You can block skill-shots if timed correctly, dodge AA heavy champions for a bit ect) but overall it doesn't do much for her and these two things do feel a bit gimmicky. These two parts are the parts where i feel like your not really rewarded for using them, and also a couple bugs. Neeko does not have Runaan's yellow orb when transforming into a champion that does have Runaan's. Her Passive does not work on tower's, her W Clone will sometimes sit in place and do nothing. When attempting to block certain abilities with her Clone the timing for it seems random, it's unclear at what point the clone becomes Solid, in a sense.
: One small thing. I'm not doing this to avoid "a fighter to run into me". I'm doing this to maximize the amount of EXP, Gold and Action time that I have to make my impact on the map. And try to push the enemy jungler behind, while at the same time trying to defend my own position to not end up behind. I'm mostly comfortable doing this on Eve because at least blue side, I know her good pathing really well. But, this is something what all junglers should do during the loading screen. Set-up a game plan to help them reach their goals. Actually, a similar thing happens when you plan in lane too. Unless you go on auto pilot. 1v1 face to face, ofc Eve in the early game will lose to Lee or Xin as an example. But, since you can "manipulate" the scenarios in which you face each other, you will be able to win a 1v1 even against a fighter, bruiser or anything else in the early game if you engage on them after they use their cooldowns. Ie: you can go on Lee after he misses his Q, and you get a full charm. Or Xin already having used his knowck-up, so easy to engage on him after that. And he will often use that doing camps or, well, SCUTTLE, which we usually fight over :) Likewise, Eve will usually use her charm and everything on crab too. And if you know that the enemy will be doing xxxx (ie: scuttle) at exactly what time, you can be there, and then engage in a favorable situation
...Like, i know the match up at this point it really does feel like your just trying to make it seem like i don't know the match ups or the jungle. I already know all of this, your completely ignoring every point i made and just belittling me.
: that's for telling me your pathing. I'll tell you mine now. First off, I highly prefer a certain rune on Eve especially. And that's "ghost poro". Which works great with Electrocute, sudden impact, and the movement speed from the red rune tree. The first thing I do when the game starts is go to my top side and put the ghost poro in a brush. On blue, in the brush right besides the blue buff, and on red either in the brush right near red or the one behind it. In case the enemy doesn't invade right away my top side, The ghost poro gives me coverage that my buff is safe. And even if I don't pay attention to the minimap 24/7, if I look on the minimap when I'm about to go top side and I notice its gone, obviously, the enemy has been there. I do pay attention at it tho before the camps start, to make sure it doesn't just dissapear from a random walk in at like 1 minute. Next, if I'm blue side. I go Red, pick E, go golems, smite big golem after a bit of time (I wait to take some damage to heal it with smite). Then I go raptors. And now finally I go to check for scuttle. At this point there's 2 scenarios: 1) someone took it 2) nobody took it. If someone took it, I simply back out and move towards the other scuttle. Then blue, wolves, frog and then look to gank top or mid or recall. If nobody took it, I take the crab and then I got 3 choices: 1) invade enemy bot side for vision and to check if their buff is still up (mainly doing this if I don't know where they started) 2) gank bot 3) gank mid And after this, move to my top side. (and check scuttle first). If at any point, my ghost poro catches enemies and I notice it, I move in to invade the enemy jungle and take their stuff. Which makes it really great for counter jungling. Also in the case above, if the enemy still has blue up I still have my ward from the start. I can ward (behind the camp) and take their buff, or just ward around there and see when the enemy jungler goes for blue and gromp. Allowing me to track them and then either counter gank them or safely gank the other side of the map. As for when I'm starting red side. Then yes, I'm going blue into frog into scuttle into wolves into raptors into red into golems. I got way less variety for this side and need improvement. Then again, I do somethings just do blue, frog, scuttle and invade their red for vision and knowing what camps they did, and even taking their raptors every now and then. Still, I rarely had issues in the early game as Eve as far as me getting attacked (i've seen lanes feeding and being unable to do anything afterwards but not me hard losing early game unless i went for greedy invades with no vision or knowledge of enemy jungler. You should have an easier time if you figure out where the enemy jungler is and how to play around their pathing, invading for vision really helps :)
Okay, now i want you to take into consideration how complicated this got for the sole purpose of avoiding a Fighter running at you. This post was not because i needed help but to prove how easy it is for them versus how hard it is to avoid them, and the crucial fact that if you don't you give up a huge amount. I appreciate the attempt at help, don't get me wrong, but that's not why i posted this.
: What pathing you usually take and what runes? I honestly don't remember when was the last time I encountered what you are describing. But I also don't go out of my way to contest enemy junglers pre 6.
Ward top side pixel brush at 1:10 Start bot-side because it's faster, take raptor's or wolves then move towards scuttle crab and attempt to take it as fast as i can. If i saw the scuttle was missing from my ward at 2:00 minutes, or that the enemy jungler showed top side in any way, i move into their jungle. If i didn't see them top side, then i take the scuttle as fast as i can, hope the enemy jungler doesn't find me and run topside to either Raptor's or Blue Buff then to the second scuttle. There are three times that i find the enemy jungler, when i take the first scuttle, when i'm trying to do my raptor's and when i'm trying to take the second scuttle. Sometimes they don't fight me, but sometimes they do, i most often get invaded when i start Bot-Side red which is where i go Red,Raptor's, Scuttle and straight to my blue, i'v found i get invaded nearly 60% of the time and have learned to be extremely cautious of my own blue buff because of it. It doesn't happen as often when i start Bot-Side Blue. Again, i understand pathing is important, i understand that reading the enemy jungle pathing is important, all i'm saying is that it's too easy for them to force you into a bad spot because every action they can take doesn't have a consequence. If they invade me and i'm not there, they don't get a kill but they still end up with the same farm, if they invade me or meet me at scuttle and i get away, they still forced me to back so they can take a camp and be up in farm. If they invade me and i die then they get a kill, all three of my camps and can still gank with pretty high health. If they chose not to invade me at all and farm normally the only thing their missing out on is the opportunity to put me behind, because as i'v explained, there's a lot more benefits to fighting a non-fighter jungler than there are drawbacks if you don't kill them because of it.
: As someone that is playing eve. I don't think it's that important to have red buff. I do enjoy the exp and gold from it tho. And in higher elo, people are starting to move towards tank to deal with the jungle changes anyway. sure, there's two strong fighter junglers in xin and Jax, but that's about it. And as far as ap goes, there's not a lot of ap junglers. Eve, Elise, gragas, maybe sylas. Oh right and khartus, which is only a jungle because dark harvest exist and it's current for.
As another person that is playing Eve, i find it very annoying that in order to prevent myself from dying from an Invade by a fighter(Which does happen) i have to either skip the EXP and Gold, Flash and hope to get away, hope that my teamates are more reactive than their's or die. That's what i call a lack of counterplay, sure it doesn't happen every game, but the vast majority of my jungle games are spent against champions that have better 1v1's than me and tend to invade me quite often as well. It's not that there isn't any counterplay at all, as another commentator has said, there is some but it's the fact that regardless of what the enemy does if they are a fighter it's a lot harder to punish them for this because they have such a powerful 1v1 against non-fighter's. To add to this the reason i think it's kind of unfair is because they seem to have a Guaranteed way to put you behind, get red buff, invade and reap the benefits of that champions just not being able to fight you. Sure, if your a good jungler you can still avoid this by pathing but in general they can do the same thing, and again, at any moment if you come in contact with Udyr, Jax, Lee Sin or Xin Zhao as Evelynn(for example) your very unlikely to win against them, so the risk involved in trying to play around them is a lot higher than the actual reward itself, which is why there's a gap between those champions and champions that have weaker 1v1's in the jungle.
: They used to give bonus percent ap from blue. However this wouldn't help your point (worthless on first clear) and it was OP when given to mid laners (if one got it and the other didn't, mid was basically over). I don't think it's a huge deal that red is stronger, at least early. Mana Regen and CDR are still important for many. You get 2 scuttles so you can play around your opponent and take the one opposite them (you just need to be aware of where they are). You can vertical jungle if they're invading you. Your team can collapse if they're invading you. You can gank the opposite side of the map if they're invading you. You can start red if you're worried they'll invade your red and feel you need it. Or you can clear your whole bot side + scuttle and recall to buy so you have an item advantage (and maybe level) if they went to your red side and waited hoping to ambush you. Jungling is a lot about predicting what your opponent will do. I'm as tired of the fighter dominance as the best guy (albeit moreso in top), but it's not like they can't be beat.
Team can collapse if their paying attention. Vertical jungling only works well if you have lane priority and you know for a fact that the enemy jungler is already doing the same to you, there are ways to try and spot it out but in general it's still very risky because if you run into that fighter while trying to vertical jungle, you lose anyway. When it comes to getting a scuttle you can only do that if your sure the enemy jungler won't, if you start blue with a botlane leash and decide to take scuttle the enemy jungler could easily show up and kill you. If you chose not to and decide to take the top one, well the enemy jungler will show up and kill you. This is the problem i have with it, there's so many different things that they can do that you can't do anything about. They can be beaten, yes and yes i myself have done it as well(I like to ward Pixel brush at 1:10 to circumvent invades so i know if i'm being invaded or not.) but the sheer number of things they can do VS the number of things you can do to stop them and the crucial fact that any of those things they do won't really punish them is what makes me dislike it, like it feels like if mess up predicting their pathing and end up running into them i either die or have to give up EXP and Gold but if i just don't run into them they simply play normally. There are plenty of ways to bridge the gap between jungle champions but i felt blue buff was the best thing to point at because in comparison blue buff is much weaker and not everyone can use Red Buff like fighter's and AD champions can.
: What if they removed rylais and made it blue buffs passive instead of the cdr.
Possible, though, removing Rylai's isn't necessary and at Max Level, the Red Buff slow is actually still higher. (rylai's is 20% slow.) A slow on Blue Buff would be nice, to a point but it doesn't need to be the same buff as red buff just for mana, it can be slightly different.
: Had my 6th game of AFK URF tonight.
There's actually a system that automatically puts you in Low Priority Que(Leaver Buster) when you AFK too often...but yeah sure riot doesn't care at all and there's certainly nothing they've been doing over in Dev Corner to help fix Alternative Game Modes, nothing at all. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
Rioter Comments
Navillus (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Lil Homie busta,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9LiOhZFw,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-02-08T19:45:16.115+0000) > > Who picks conqueror on singed when there's aery, aftershock and grasp? Aftershock: you can proc it easily, but as Singed you don't just want to stand there to get the dmg portion. Aery: better for enchanters and it scales with AP, and the 2. row in Sorcery has only bad runes for Singed. Spellbook: good but the tree is overnerfed and the 1. row is bad without good options, boots are late at 10, you don't upgrade Stopwatch. DH: overnerfed, the other 3 rows are really good and synergizes well with Singed. Predator could work, but your poison on minions stops it. Nothing is pretty solid at the moment for Singed.
Aery is really good on a lot more champions than enchanters. DoT abuse it pretty easily, such as with teemo I and Singed.
Rioter Comments
: The burst offered by this Conquerer is probably higher than Electrocute. Why? Because 4 Q's = 12-60 AP, which subsequently charges her E prematurely into a higher % damage rate. It's about a .3 - 1.2% increase in E's Max HP damage, on top of the already puffed Q damage from the 2nd-4th hits. After that her R has a full charge, will convert 10% of that ~ 1300 ish damage to true damage, and heal her on her R. You're really talking about a reliable up to 450-500 damage increase here, outstripping electrocute when it's all added up.
Yes! I posted this at work then got home and thought about it more. If her Q's orbs also apply the stacks of Conqueror then it's a done deal, you won't even need 4 Q's to do it. The issue i had with it though was(Initially, though i do think it's much more viable now.) that i don't often use all 3 of my Q's because there is a delay between them and i can usually kill them without them. I just think that Conq, while definitely viable will not be her designated rune like it will be for other champs such as Ryze or Cassiopeia. They like the Ramp up in damage, evelynn not so much, it might not be worth trading off Kill Time for Damage but we'll see.
: Holy Bejeesus. This is a serious problem. That's actually stronger than the only one, even if it is now adaptive. For example, that's going to be {{champion:13}} core Keystone Rune. Champions who can spam abilities are going to get up to 75 AP off this, and it's going to heal/true damage on top of their already existing domination. Imagine {{champion:69}} spamming with this rune. No other rune even comes close to this..... It's literally flipping from being a Bruiser rune to being a mage/spell casting AD rune. {{champion:420}} this is a HUGE buff. {{champion:6}} Huge buff. {{champion:143}} Huge buff. It's also legitimate on {{champion:28}} , who gets to cast Q 4 times, E once, etc.... Yup. New meta entirely.
Evelynn could use it but I'd only use it against tankier teams. Otherwise electrocute is probably better, is rather have the burst than the true damage after my full combo.
: Champion Weaknesses in 2019
Well, i'll give you this. Neeko is great, i wish her W Active did a bit more(Maybe worked similarly to Leblances R+R before her revert, without the global part.) and her passive had some sort of reward when you use it succesfully but otherwise she feels great to play as and against so good job!
: You obviously have just built her cookie cutter mage, because of what you said about her W. Try a {{item:3124}} build with it and {{item:3115}} , and you'll sing a different toon about W being worthless. On hit AP uses it and her ult FAR better than a pure AP, because when you W, her next auto is almost guaranteed to reach its target. If you prime it to attack 3, it's a big harass hit, and your opponent can't really even trade you because of the invisible and clone. It plays a trick on your brain: always be wary of the closest object.... which in many cases is the clone. Furthermore, On hit Slaughters a LOT of meta top champs, like {{champion:86}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:62}} {{champion:75}} . These champs are pretty much forced to lose over half their CS to survive.
Fair, it's useful for that, but i'm mainly speaking of the Active for the W.
Rioter Comments
Gilgayu (NA)
: Who is your favorite champion?
{{champion:28}} She run's around making happy people miserable, ruining their lives and destroying families({{champion:67}} ) how she came into being is interesting since we didn't really know much about Demon's until her rework, she's just cool, she looks amazing too. {{champion:103}} Sort of a similar story, except Ahri feels bad for what she did, i love how she looks as well. {{champion:518}} There's a pattern here somewhere. Neeko's story is the longest, i think the other two need to be more fleshed out, especially Evelynn's since, i mean, she killed Vayne's family but i digress. Neeko's story is sad at first but afterwards it's the story of someone primitive trying to survive in a world that isn't anymore, she joins up with Nidalee for awhile(has a crush on her) and then moves on but is always looking for something interesting, ironically she has voice lines for both Evelynn and Ahri and i main all 3 of them.
: {{champion:83}} {{champion:10}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:17}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:6}}
I'd probably remove Vayne and Teemo from that lol They die the second he touches them.
: Counterplay should extend past champ select.
Very few Matchups have differences in winrates above 10% so a champion might have a 45% winrate against lee sin and Lee SIn has a 55% winrate against that champion. It's extremely rare that a champion has even that when it comes to "Counter's" as with most skill based games, counter's really only apply at the highest levels of play(Diamond+) and even then they definitely aren't impossible. Most of the champions in the game have Items that counter them or specific ways of playing that help mitigate them, my general plan in games i get countered is simple "Don't Feed" and then i do my best not to feed hoping that either my team carries me or i bounce back because they picked someone who falls off and i didn't.
Show more

Zerenza

Level 126 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion