: IP masking? VPNs? College dorms? Nothing based on IP will ever succeed because of those three things.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XeZ4ATFs,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2019-09-19T00:38:41.533+0000) > > IP masking? VPNs? College dorms? > > Nothing based on IP will ever succeed because of those three things. Then use DRM.
: > [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p28x5Rp4,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T00:15:56.057+0000) > > I'm afraid I'm not fluent in meme. Is that another watered-down attempt at making me hate my own existence, or are you stating yourself that _you_ were joking when you made the original comment? Either way, your proverbial knees are looking rather shaky. I suggest leaving this conversation before you embarrass yourself overmuch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxLEOcTrO_Q
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p28x5Rp4,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T01:06:22.518+0000) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxLEOcTrO_Q I refuse to believe you're capable of communicating with words anymore. You're finished talking now.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p28x5Rp4,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-09-18T23:47:35.188+0000) > > In a cruel twist of irony, the entire point of this post was a sarcastic observation that digital rights management software has existed for decades, yet League still has trouble with things like smurfing. Evidently you're clever enough to Google a meme to trash some random guy on the internet with, but not clever enough to detect sarcasm. https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/015/352/1348764844816.png
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p28x5Rp4,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T23:54:32.219+0000) > > https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/015/352/1348764844816.png I'm afraid I'm not fluent in meme. Is that another watered-down attempt at making me hate my own existence, or are you stating yourself that _you_ were joking when you made the original comment? Either way, your proverbial knees are looking rather shaky. I suggest leaving this conversation before you embarrass yourself overmuch.
: but the boards were saying that annie was gutted this patch. what do you mean she's unfair?
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3QHVtsem,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-18T23:49:14.091+0000) > > but the boards were saying that annie was gutted this patch. > what do you mean she's unfair? The boards are perpetually drunk, so I'd need to see the figures for myself.
: You are great at portraying there are no problems
If the boards are any indication, the biggest problem seems to be that a large portion of the player base refuses to believe there's a problem, and will attempt to viciously destroy anyone who says there is. With vehement partisans defending their garbage game, is it any wonder Riot doesn't want to clean house? Why spend man-hours fixing the game when they could sit back and collect cash while their sycophants convert the masses?
: "right" way is subjective. What you call a "selfish" support is an Offensive support. They protect their allies by being a constant deterrent with damage, but have little utility. You just said it yourself, "and get my carry kills." There are then defensive supports who focus on keeping others alive more than making plays. Finally, the traditional support tends to be a hybrid of both. Examples of such are {{champion:16}} {{champion:432}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:412}} now, back before the support items, very few champions could run support without taking a great risk or having to change up their summoner spells to very unconventional means. You would earn about 800 gold per 2000 of your team and have ZERO methods to sustain mana. It was by far the worst role on the team because even junglers could farm to get relevant, whereas meanwhile, you would have next to nothing to your name and do ZERO damage passed a certain point When the support items were introduced, this changed and made the support role much more manageable and fun to interact with. I loved the match where my enemies were absolutely terrified of me playing {{champion:16}} because I actually land my skillshots XD
I'm all for offensive supports, but it feels like that's not how damage-heavy supports are being played anymore. It seems every support out there these days brings Ignite and dives for kills.
: Congratulations, you have invented DRM! You're a https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/010/277/genius.jpg
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p28x5Rp4,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-18T17:26:14.218+0000) > > Congratulations, you have invented DRM! You're a > > https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/010/277/genius.jpg In a cruel twist of irony, the entire point of this post was a sarcastic observation that digital rights management software has existed for decades, yet League still has trouble with things like smurfing. Evidently you're clever enough to Google a meme to trash some random guy on the internet with, but not clever enough to detect sarcasm.
: > Multiple accounts in the house? You'll either have to **share** or use different PCs. That's forbidden, and for a good reason. Also, what stops someone from deleting old software key and just registering as new player to get another one for a new account? > This is the price of billing yourself as a serious competitive game Name 1 "serious competitive game" that does something like what you described.
> [{quoted}](name=Posui Gart,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p28x5Rp4,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-18T17:33:26.420+0000) > > That's forbidden, and for a good reason. > > Also, what stops someone from deleting old software key and just registering as new player to get another one for a new account? > > Name 1 "serious competitive game" that does something like what you described. I could name three if they had English names. It's not exact, but there are three games I can think of off the top of my head that link device footprints to competitive accounts to prevent multi-account abuse.
Arcade Lulu (EUNE)
: Except that you fixed nothing You just created more problems
> [{quoted}](name=Arcade Lulu,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=p28x5Rp4,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-09-18T17:34:41.426+0000) > > Except that you fixed nothing > You just created more problems Which ones?
: I have no idea why its so hard for people on the Boards to understand that **_you are not entitled to free stuff._** This is something that applies to virtually all facets of life. You never have been entitled and you never will be. Also, they made it _very_ clear that they will announce everything that’s happening on October 15. Please read before you complain.
> [{quoted}](name=Kairoptra,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cz4nA2zP,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-09-18T18:27:29.506+0000) > > I have no idea why its so hard for people on the Boards to understand that **_you are not entitled to free stuff._** > > This is something that applies to virtually all facets of life. You never have been entitled and you never will be. > > Also, they made it _very_ clear that they will announce everything that’s happening on October 15. Please read before you complain. When did I say I was entitled to anything? Who even said I was complaining? I was voicing a matter of legitimate curiosity, with a little facetiousness about Riot's fabled greed. You may want to avoid throwing accusations at strangers on the internet until you're 100% positive of their intentions, sarcasm is a little difficult to detect through text.
Mortismo (EUW)
: qiyana being broken isnt an opinion, riot isnt forcing nerfs on her for no reason
> [{quoted}](name=Mortismo,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9urVpPUj,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T20:40:00.306+0000) > > qiyana being broken isnt an opinion, riot isnt forcing nerfs on her for no reason Nerfs are applied for more reasons than just "it's broken". If you can't provide me with hard evidence in numbers that she's broken, it's an opinion. The only way I'd accept otherwise is if you record for me the potential damage output an CC uptime of every single champion in the game across an 8 second span (about the longest teamfight that happens these days) that shows her numbers are horrendously higher than literally everyone else's, I'll only ever accept it as an opinion.
: https://esportsflag.com/japan I'll trust multiple websites before believing anything a faceless nobody claims.
> [{quoted}](name=ChompyWulf,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=zWWxhIxW,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T22:23:41.951+0000) > > https://esportsflag.com/japan > > I'll trust multiple websites before believing anything a faceless nobody claims. Your singular "multiple website" is talking about western esports and which Japanese players compete in which games. I play a strictly Japanese game that doesn't fall under the official designation of an "esport". We don't have an "LCS" or "MLG" organization for most of the games we play. Like any Japanese game played for money, it simply considered to be a game like any other. It just happens to bring in a lot of income, which is given to players as a reward for drawing more players in through broadcast games. Why would you expect such a thing to appear on foreign websites? Just as our mobage websites don't mention Clash of Clans, I wouldn't expect an English language esports website to cover Tsukiten.
: https://esportsflag.com/japan I'll trust multiple websites before believing anything a faceless nobody claims.
> [{quoted}](name=ChompyWulf,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=zWWxhIxW,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T22:23:41.951+0000) > > https://esportsflag.com/japan > > I'll trust multiple websites before believing anything a faceless nobody claims. You're missing the point. It's not an esport as designated by the west. The only games noted on this singular "multiple website" are western games that officially designate themselves as "esports". I play a strictly Japanese game that generates a lot of income and gives it to players to put on good shows for paying viewers. In Japan, we don't have an LCS or the like. We simply have games that are played for money. Why would such a thing show up on an English language esports website?
Rioter Comments
: And what exactly are they supposed to do?
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XeZ4ATFs,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-18T15:21:04.979+0000) > > And what exactly are they supposed to do? One ranked career per IP. If your house has multiple accounts, submit a formal request to Riot that these accounts be allowed to share an IP for ranked. When the IP resets, link all accounts with joint IP permissions to the new IP. Provide software that registers a machine for League ranked through a single account, forcing that account and that account only to play ranked on that machine. If someone wants to smurf enough to go buy five or six computers for it, at least they have a deterrent. This way would also work for net cafes, because it's still the same machine, no matter the IP address.
: I don't get how this system works, like why does it seem to be stacked against one team every game?
What you don't see is that the other team has the same collection of people, only they happened to win the Snowball Roulette in that match. The winning team doesn't see a need to flame or play stupid, but it doesn't mean it's not in their heart. You see, League is _incredibly_ unbalanced. I liken it to a race car tuned with excessive amounts of oversteer. Each corner is a game of League. When you take any given corner, you might manage to keep it steady, even have a superbly smooth turn... or you might spin out horribly. The interesting difference is that League is a competitive game, so with such an imbalance, whatever happens to you will be applied equally and opposite to the other team. When you spin out, the other team does exceedingly well. When the other team spins out, you do exceedingly well. League is a game of chance. Whichever side happens to get the favorable game, the other side will unveil the side of them that wants to flame, spam surrender, and so on. This is why it seems every single game has one of these teams.
Mortismo (EUW)
: yea i went to bed and went to school. some of us have a real life besides these boards Qiyana is broken everyone knows it. stop acting smart and improve your gameplay. Really gives you insight on the game compared to sitting on lol boards sucking off the enchanter supports and hating yasuo and veigar COMPLAINING ABOUT VEIGAR XDDDD really shows how terrible people can be
> [{quoted}](name=Mortismo,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9urVpPUj,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T16:17:20.313+0000) > > yea i went to bed and went to school. some of us have a real life besides these boards Implication that a man with a career has no life. That's a mark in the "shallow reply" category. > Qiyana is broken everyone knows it. stop acting smart and improve your gameplay. Really gives you insight on the game compared to sitting on lol boards sucking off the enchanter supports and hating yasuo and veigar Pray tell, how does one "suck off" Janna...? Is my English slang incorrect, or did you just try to imply something that makes no sense purely to make me look petty? On the same token, I could accuse you of liking the "badass insta-kill look-at-me-carry" champions like Yasuo while hating Qiyana, who actually requires an incredible amount of skill to master. (She's the only Champion in the game who has to think about her exact positioning 100% of the time, and _all_ her utility is based on a reasonably short-range skillshot.) I could argue that perhaps you only hate Qiyana because mindless Yasuo play normally allows one to just press E -> Q -> R and win, and a skillful Qiyana can counter that with water Q and ult. But I'm not going to do that, because I know you as well as you know me. I don't know who you play, I don't know why you play them, and I don't know what your motives going into a match are. How could I possibly comment on the intent behind your balance complaints? I respect that you think Qiyana is broken. I also respect that it's an opinion, and opinions are only worth as much as the person hearing them thinks they're worth. Have your opinion, I'll have mine, and we can call it a day. > COMPLAINING ABOUT VEIGAR XDDDD really shows how terrible people can be I never complained about Veigar. I said that her stun was no more dangerous in a teamfight than Veigar's. In point of fact, it was a comparison drawn specifically to show how Qiyana _isn't_ broken. I have no problem with Veigar, it's easy to avoid his stun if you're ready for it. Likewise, it's easy to avoid Qiyana's stun if you're ready for it.
Mortismo (EUW)
: the reason people dont buy executioners is because you play in the lowest tier of league, where no one itemizes correctly. executioners is in no world the least built item in the game
> [{quoted}](name=Mortismo,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=U0wPcRyo,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2019-09-18T16:22:12.230+0000) > > the reason people dont buy executioners is because you play in the lowest tier of league, where no one itemizes correctly. > > executioners is in no world the least built item in the game I play in Silver, which is neither the lowest tier nor the least relevant, considering that it's literally the most populated tier in the game. If people still can't itemize at this stage, perhaps Riot is doing a bad job of balancing their items.
: Why is Fiora Getting Non-Stop Buffs?
Because Fiora is pretty but does nothing. That isn't a good look in 2019. Plus, pretty champions should be more viable so they can get more play.
Mortismo (EUW)
: ye its totally fair that someone that can 100-0 you at any stage of the game also has 2 stuns and invisibility ever 5 seconds. Flex icon more, your logic is terrible
> [{quoted}](name=Mortismo,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9urVpPUj,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-18T16:07:19.239+0000) > > ye its totally fair that someone that can 100-0 you at any stage of the game also has 2 stuns and invisibility ever 5 seconds. Flex icon more, your logic is terrible Flex icon? You waited 14 hours to reply and _making up a new term that means nothing_ was the best you could do? Come on, friend, this argument ended six replies ago. _On an entirely different thread._ Go play League.
Saezio (EUNE)
: Now, I dislike Riot's politic's as much as the next guy. But we do have an entire system that gives us free stuff. Hextech. You get like 10 free skins per year from that. Not counting any loot from events. I remember I had maybe 1-5(all free) skins in the first 3-4 years of league Now I have more than 140. And I have paid for like 10 skins worth of rp(passes mostly to farm the extra things for extra skins xD) What I would like is riot to reward people that have played since season 1 until now. I think those should be the real MVPs of that celebration. Not 2 year old accounts for example.
> [{quoted}](name=Saezio,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cz4nA2zP,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-18T15:54:52.805+0000) > > Now, I dislike Riot's politic's as much as the next guy. > > But we do have an entire system that gives us free stuff. Hextech. You get like 10 free skins per year from that. Not counting any loot from events. > > I remember I had maybe 1-5(all free) skins in the first 3-4 years of league Now I have more than 140. And I have paid for like 10 skins worth of rp(passes mostly to farm the extra things for extra skins xD) > > > What I would like is riot to reward people that have played since season 1 until now. I think those should be the real MVPs of that celebration. Not 2 year old accounts for example. Yes but gacha games also have a way to earn free things (for example, getting a certain number of crystals per day for logging in), so I still thing it'd be nice to get something free for the anniversary. :)
: What do you hate and love about League of Legends?
I hate everything about it anymore. I used to love how every match was different, because you never knew what builds or compositions you'd be up against. These days, that sense of experimentation and surprise is largely gone. Everything else about the game is _really_ quite bad... I wish I could be of more help, but this is my honest opinion. m(._.)m
Rioter Comments
: I normally don't shy away from any chance to rail against the extreme profiteering of Riot. For a company with ONE game still after ten years, a large company with multiple campuses produces content at a relative crawl, neglecting some champions while others routinely get spotlight treatment, and still creates and reworks champions to be a balance nightmare. Add in a LOT of teams in LoL esports failed because Riot had no profit sharing and the team icon income was laughable. Riot could be a lot better for the money they make. That said, there are issues here. First, no, lesser known athletes in traditional sports do NOT made hundreds of millions. The NFL league minimum pay is 125,000 last I knew. The best "lesser known" athletes would at best be on par with Faker's yearly income. Second, a simple Google search shows no game you name. None. Nada. Autocorrect wants a letter changed. Top result then is a Filipino company and nothing for a game. Tsukiten does not exist. Third, if this game is that hard to find, I don't believe for one moment it brings in that much money. For it to make the kind of sums you say, it would have to be easily found even through Google's infamously spotty translation tech. Finally, I actually just read an article today about Japanese Street Fighter pro Momochi Yusuke and his stand against Japanese laws which treat professional gaming as gambling and heavily limit the prize money that can be earned. Since only last year did an organization begin licensing players as official professionals so they can earn their full prizes, this goes COMPLETELY against everything you have claimed. Reading a little deeper, Japan has laws limiting the prize pools possible and the unreliable way around that is for sponsors to fill the pool and that can make consistent large numbers unlikely. Your story just falls apart.
> [{quoted}](name=ChompyWulf,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=zWWxhIxW,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-18T03:40:27.351+0000) > > I normally don't shy away from any chance to rail against the extreme profiteering of Riot. For a company with ONE game still after ten years, a large company with multiple campuses produces content at a relative crawl, neglecting some champions while others routinely get spotlight treatment, and still creates and reworks champions to be a balance nightmare. Add in a LOT of teams in LoL esports failed because Riot had no profit sharing and the team icon income was laughable. Riot could be a lot better for the money they make. > > That said, there are issues here. > > First, no, lesser known athletes in traditional sports do NOT made hundreds of millions. The NFL league minimum pay is 125,000 last I knew. The best "lesser known" athletes would at best be on par with Faker's yearly income. > > Second, a simple Google search shows no game you name. None. Nada. Autocorrect wants a letter changed. Top result then is a Filipino company and nothing for a game. Tsukiten does not exist. > > Third, if this game is that hard to find, I don't believe for one moment it brings in that much money. For it to make the kind of sums you say, it would have to be easily found even through Google's infamously spotty translation tech. For one thing, it's a contraction. For another thing, you need to search in Japanese. I'd show you the actual name in Japanese but I've been warned twice for putting Japanese into my NA posts in the past. I will, however, give you the roman characters if you want to try and convert them to the proper Japanese: 「 gesshoku no rokuri no kazoku ten 」If it's that important to you, that _should_ eventually get you where you going. Though Japanese is odd in that not everything is written in kanji, and there isn't any one accepted way to write a specific word for all its different meanings, so it'll... be challenging, unfortunately. I wish I could give you more, but it's not worth getting a boards ban over, considering I don't really care whether a random stranger believes me or not. > Finally, I actually just read an article today about Japanese Street Fighter pro Momochi Yusuke and his stand against Japanese laws which treat professional gaming as gambling and heavily limit the prize money that can be earned. Since only last year did an organization begin licensing players as official professionals so they can earn their full prizes, this goes COMPLETELY against everything you have claimed. Reading a little deeper, Japan has laws limiting the prize pools possible and the unreliable way around that is for sponsors to fill the pool and that can make consistent large numbers unlikely. You're talking about fighter tournaments. The legislation on that is its own thing, because fighting games like Tekken and Street Fighter were their own big thing for a while, and there's not a lot of regulation that goes into the actual gameplay, by necessity. A very skilled player can lose to a less experienced player simply by spamming or luck, as Kusoru showed when he set out to deliberately mess with Western tournament play by having fun with a couple of very specific moves. Games like Tsukiten are more rigidly regulated on the gameplay side, providing a more even playing field, which affords them greater freedom. Additionally, Tsukiten's prize pool is primarily provided by Senku, which as a private company has the right to provide "sweepstakes" rewards to users however they see fit. It's similar to the way a company can give out a free console to the first 1,000 subscribers, or the way mobile games can provide anniversary bonuses worth thousands of yen to those who climb the top of a competitive ladder. Technically speaking, pro Tsukiten players aren't even "pros". We're not licensed by any specific team, we're not part of a league, our teams aren't even rigid. We're just players that group together from year to year into squads and aim for top prizes. That was part of the point of my post; that some of our games have this system which allows players to thrive, while Riot insists on rigidly structuring its league such that players are forced to give up cuts of their winnings to third parties. As an extra step, Senku makes clear to players in their user agreement that any income generated from ingame purchases, subscription fees, viewership fees, etc. may be used to generate prize pools for tournament play. Any funds provided by Senku itself that come from such sources - which is the vast majority of its earnings - are thus free of gambling regulation, as private citizens have the right to give their money to whatever endeavor they deem worthy. Technically speaking, most of the prize money is coming from other players, with their express consent. Legally, it's no different than a few million people each donating 1,000円 to a common cause. It just happens that Senku awards this money to players who win tournaments and excel at their game. I appreciate that you researched this before weighing in, but with respect, please do not assume that a couple of foreign language articles can explain the depths of another country's law. I don't expect to know anything about American law just because of what little I hear in our media. You should probably not expect to get the full picture on Japan's state from yours, either.
: Qiyana terrain stun probably shoudln't exist.
It's a really short stun and it can be avoided outright, I'm okay with it. it's ugly in teamfights, but no more so than Veigar's.
: > [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EbQg2RAp,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T02:29:04.620+0000) > > My friend claims he might've been the Riot employee that made a mess at Blizzard too? Apparently there was a guy who caused a lot of problems for one or more of Blizzard's games that came to Riot, and friend says this might be him, memory is fuzzy. I think you mean Ghostcrawler.
> [{quoted}](name=Hayaishi2,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EbQg2RAp,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T02:31:56.979+0000) > > I think you mean Ghostcrawler. Ah, possibly. Wow, has Riot had that many unfortunate employees with a known name?
: [LORE] Rare art of Ionian workers harvesting Runeterra's #1 interdimensional export.
I case anyone thinks this is rice or something, it's actually salt.
: > [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EbQg2RAp,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T02:21:00.183+0000) > > I'm still not sure if that means he comes up with the mechanical concepts or the visual concepts, but... Either way, if Darius was his doing, he clearly wasn't very skilled. yeah, his other failures include {{champion:84}}'s rework, {{champion:157}}, {{champion:238}}, {{champion:142}}, and {{champion:143}}. When MoodyP said that other devs tried to imitate him that was a bull faced lie, most other devs work to avoid designs like the ones CT makes because of how volatile and unbalancable they are.
> [{quoted}](name=thefatlazycat,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EbQg2RAp,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T02:25:42.910+0000) > > yeah, his other failures include {{champion:84}}'s rework, {{champion:157}}, {{champion:238}}, {{champion:142}}, and {{champion:143}}. When MoodyP said that other devs tried to imitate him that was a bull faced lie, most other devs work to avoid designs like the ones CT makes because of how volatile and unbalancable they are. My friend claims he might've been the Riot employee that made a mess at Blizzard too? Apparently there was a guy who caused a lot of problems for one or more of Blizzard's games that came to Riot, and friend says this might be him, memory is fuzzy.
: How can a normal person not get pissed off at team mates?
Do not try to control your anger at your team. That's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth. There is no team. Then you'll see that it is not the _team_ that's bad, it is only the game.
: A critical error has occured..?
This contributes nothing, but I'm saying it anyway: The critical error that occurred is League of Legends. Ban me if you want, moderators. I could really use an excuse to get me out of having to stream this game.
Paroe (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EbQg2RAp,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-18T01:52:07.284+0000) > > So wait, he was a visual guy or a gameplay guy? CT was a champion designer. People hate him because of his "abominations" ~~like warwick and darius.~~
> [{quoted}](name=Paroe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EbQg2RAp,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T01:53:11.638+0000) > > CT was a champion designer. People hate him because of his "abominations" ~~like warwick and darius.~~ I'm still not sure if that means he comes up with the mechanical concepts or the visual concepts, but... Either way, if Darius was his doing, he clearly wasn't very skilled.
MagicLance (EUNE)
: Riot Games Going Downhill/// Season 10 /// Player Experience
> Could we make the game enjoyable. "We could. But we won't." - Riot Games
Moody P (NA)
: Very sad to see CertainlyT not influencing directly anymore
So wait, he was a visual guy or a gameplay guy?
: When you are 0 - 10 while the enemy is trash talking
Tends to go more like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnDiaRfTVyM
: I checked your match history and the game you went 2/6/5 in you were playing qiyana support with ignite cleanse and coin instead of relic shield. You went first item infinity edge, and your primary rune was arcane comet. The enemy team didnt have a jungler and half the players were iron. I wish I was kidding but your above average for the people that complain about pyke.
> [{quoted}](name=LightswornLance,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fq0B6mEf,comment-id=0005000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-09-18T00:57:02.414+0000) > > I checked your match history and the game you went 2/6/5 in you were playing qiyana support with ignite cleanse and coin instead of relic shield. You went first item infinity edge, and your primary rune was arcane comet. The enemy team didnt have a jungler and half the players were iron. I wish I was kidding but your above average for the people that complain about pyke. No one ever said anything about changing my ENTIRE playstyle. I was just told I was supposed to bring Ignite and push for kills. When in Rome, do as the Romans, but that doesn't necessarily mean picking up some javelins and marching with the hastati.
Rioter Comments
eyeguy (NA)
: Boot Camping
Hang on, boot camping? Like military boot camp? Setting aside the rather dire designation of that phrase to such a meaningless thing, this is actually something LCS players have to do? They don't... sort of, do this all the time just by playing?
5050BS (NA)
: Its a Chinese business so Im sure they already do just under a different branch/name
> [{quoted}](name=5050BS,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wX8zBREO,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-09-17T22:28:50.206+0000) > > Its a Chinese business so Im sure they already do just under a different branch/name Riot Games is an American company. Their holding company is Chinese. The holding company has zero involvement with the day-to-day of Riot's management, development, or business model. The only input a holding company provides is a binary choice: > IF (riotGames.isProfitable == FALSE) { stockAmount = 100%; riotGames.sellStock(stockAmount) } > ELSE { do.absolutelyNothing }
: Thoughts On Ballancing and why im probalby going to quit leauge soon
The game is beyond repair. I've said it six dozen times, at least, and others keep saying it as well. There's no fixing it. However, a good game developer would either at least _try_ to fix it (Riot is actively making it worse), or at the very least, retire the game and move on to a fresh project. I'm fairly sure Riot knows every single employee it has is incompetent. With the singular, tiny, nearly indiscernible shred of competence left in the front office, they've made the call that this team would never be able to make a good game from the ground up. Therefore, they continue to string this collection of broken bottles and tin cans along behind their sputtering van, hoping to get to the bank before they run out of fuel (the players). It's a sad thing, when they had so much potential. The truth is, League was never a truly good game. It was a _fun_ game, early on, but it wasn't a _good_ game. It had the potential to be something great. Rather than realize that potential, Riot went in all the wrong directions with their human resources and ended up squandering every bright spot in the game's future. If only my fans would let me stop playing, I'd never have to look at it again for any reason. Oh well, maybe these posts will eventually get my account banned or something... Most companies would have already banned such dissident speech, but Riot is notoriously good at ignoring the boards.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8mHs3lPU,comment-id=000c0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-17T22:45:24.635+0000) > > _You're_ talking about the surface matter of the logos. I'm talking about the conceptual matter of what the style of logo represents, using cars designed for different classes of people as an example. I'm focusing on both its design and contextual matters. You already know my complaints regarding its visual designs. You also know why I believe it's a contextual nightmare. Let's focus specifically on this point of yours where you say "using cars designed for different classes of people as an example". Do remember, League is a game intended for all players; it doesn't divide itself on the "class" of the client base. Think of it like Coca Cola; and you don't see them abandoning their signature font over something that's clearly of watered down and inferior design, now do you? If you think the old League logo is too clunky, we already have this https://oce.learnwithleague.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/logo-2.png or https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.698779386.0589/flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg Can't Riot work from this instead of redesigning this entirely new logo that's so bad if we view it from any distance it looks like some generic blocky font in yellow and nothing else with a desperate attempt at adding any semblance of design depth by adding some cheap engraving on the letter to pass it off as nuance (and fail at that too, because those engraving is horrible; and then the title is geometrically wrong)? > Though as long as we're using logos as an example, Jaguar's is literally the shape of a Jaguar with the word "Jaguar" written under it. There's the version where the logo contains the Jaguar face. But whatever the case, it's still leagues better (heh) than Riot's hypothetical version if they were to be the designer of the Jaguar brand. Since it would probably just be "Jaguar" in plain text in a blocky font, with maybe a few engraved dots on the side of the letters in a poor attempt to pass it off as design.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8mHs3lPU,comment-id=000c00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-17T23:05:00.329+0000) > > I'm focusing on both its design and contextual matters. > > You already know my complaints regarding its visual designs. > > You also know why I believe it's a contextual nightmare. > > Let's focus specifically on this point of yours where you say "using cars designed for different classes of people as an example". Do remember, League is a game intended for all players; it doesn't divide itself on the "class" of the client base. Think of it like Coca Cola; and you don't see them abandoning their signature font over something that's clearly of watered down and inferior design, now do you? > > If you think the old League logo is too clunky, we already have this > > https://oce.learnwithleague.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/logo-2.png > > or > > https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.698779386.0589/flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg > > Can't Riot work from this instead of redesigning this entirely new logo that's so bad if we view it from any distance it looks like some generic blocky font in yellow and nothing else with a desperate attempt at adding any semblance of design depth by adding some cheap engraving on the letter to pass it off as nuance (and fail at that too, because those engraving is horrible; and then the title is geometrically wrong)? > > There's the version where the logo contains the Jaguar face. > > But whatever the case, it's still leagues better (heh) than Riot's hypothetical version if they were to be the designer of the Jaguar brand. Since it would probably just be "Jaguar" in plain text in a blocky font, with maybe a few engraved dots on the side of the letters in a poor attempt to pass it off as design. The second logo you bring our attention to is literally what they did, only they matched the size of League and Legends and added some fancy gold to it. They literally just adapted a logo they already have to a sleeker, more premiere design.
Hotarµ (NA)
: > 1. He can build resistances. He _can_, but isn't going to do so until his 4th or 5th item. Building resistances any earlier significantly kneecaps his usefulness. When he finally does build those resistance items, it's pretty much never **pure** resistance items like Spirit Visage or Randuin's Omen, it's damage/resistance items like Maw or GA. None of which actually make him that tanky. > 2. He can heal with items just like any other champion. Assassins shouldn't have innate healing. _Support_-Assassin. The tradeoff is that his damage output is laughably low in comparison to other assassins and even regular Enchanter supports. > 3. He turns bonus HP into AD, so he has a passive, why does he need 2? The HP limiter and Lethality scaling act as a leash to keep him from thriving in other lanes. Both times when those leashes were circumvented (tank Pyke and solo-Pyke) they were quickly shut down. I see your most played champion is Garen. Why should _he_ get two passives? Surely if Garen already regens insane amounts of HP, he doesn't need the bonus armor and MR right?
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7Hl3arA4,comment-id=0002000000010000,timestamp=2019-09-17T20:50:08.564+0000) > > He _can_, but isn't going to do so until his 4th or 5th item. Building resistances any earlier significantly kneecaps his usefulness. When he finally does build those resistance items, it's pretty much never **pure** resistance items like Spirit Visage or Randuin's Omen, it's damage/resistance items like Maw or GA. > > None of which actually make him that tanky. > > > _Support_-Assassin. > > The tradeoff is that his damage output is laughably low in comparison to other assassins and even regular Enchanter supports. > > > The HP limiter and Lethality scaling act as a leash to keep him from thriving in other lanes. Both times when those leashes were circumvented (tank Pyke and solo-Pyke) they were quickly shut down. > > I see your most played champion is Garen. Why should _he_ get two passives? Surely if Garen already regens insane amounts of HP, he doesn't need the bonus armor and MR right? I'm sorry, but that ult isn't "laughably low" damage output. The rest of his damage, I can agree with. But given that his ult is basically handing him a wipe every time he walks into a teamfight, I'd say his threat level is at _least_ on par with any other assassin in the game.
Jesi Oni (EUNE)
: Yuumi is too safe as well... With Assassin meta we will be getting more and more 'too safe' champions. Member Kaisa with free invisibility? I wonder how safe will be new adc that is going to be released soon 😜
> [{quoted}](name=Jesi Oni,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7Hl3arA4,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-17T12:19:01.889+0000) > > Yuumi is too safe as well... With Assassin meta we will be getting more and more 'too safe' champions. Member Kaisa with free invisibility? I wonder how safe will be new adc that is going to be released soon 😜 Yuumi doesn't have near the impact on the game that Pyke does.
Akrid415 (NA)
: Stop blaming the jungler
I thought we were past the "blame the jungler" nonsense as of season 6 or so. Come on, players.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8mHs3lPU,comment-id=000c00000000,timestamp=2019-09-17T22:16:22.548+0000) > > I think you're overlooking the part where they're aiming for a sort of refined, prestigious look. They've been at the top for 10 years. To celebrate, they want their logo to reflect the fact that they're at the top. Compare the car of a wealthy banker to that of a hotshot 20-something who's making okay money with a mid-level office position. The elite car is an Aston Martin. A simple, elegant design in black, silver, or cream. A muted leather interior. Maybe some dark windows. A nice, steady hum to the engine. The kid's car is a Dodge, with added spoilers, tacked on neons, gaudy rims, and a really loud turbo. > > You see what I'm getting at here? The truly elite don't need to rub it in everyone's face. They're classy. Just a little gold to let you know, and move on. A coy smirk from across the room. That's what this logo conveys. Riot is suavely raising its glass to the competition. > > Now as for _how_ League of Legends has remained on top over the past six years... That's a question I couldn't answer if I tried. We're looking at logos. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Jaguar, Porsche, and ofc, Aston Martin, all elite cars and all have and are known by their fancy logos. This isn't restricted to elite and prestigious brands either. There is also a reason why Coca Cola maintain its fancy font choice for over 100 years, or why KFC still has the jolly KFC grandpa being the brand itself. This is NOT even a situation like Apple where its original logo that depicts Issac Newton was used for less than a year before it was changed to an apple with a bite mark which remain completely consistent to this day with the sole exception of its colouring changing to fit different times. The brand, the logo, is your face. It is what people know the brand for and it also represents your entirety. You don't just up and change the damn thing from scratch AFTER enjoying HUGE success. What is this, Riot admitting that they're panic rebranding because they've been hitting lows lately? Why would anyone do that as a method of celebration? League is rebranding itself after 10 years of its existence and its roaring success, and celebrating it by not just drastically changing the core design of the logo which is already bad enough but the new logo is also objectively downgrading it. What in the actual fuck. It's not prestigious, it's unrefined and unfinished and has a shit ton of design issues if you so much just enlarge the damn thing and look at it. Why couldn't they just improve upon the logo like any sensible person instead of replace it entirely with a derivative version that's full of design holes? I don't get it, personally. I actually don't get so worked up about on the Riot Game's logo change itself since I can see how the old one transitions into the new one; I do agree the old Riot logo may be to coarse (though I'd prefer they kept fist a bit "punchy" but eh). But THIS League logo? I don't buy it.
_You're_ talking about the surface matter of the logos. I'm talking about the conceptual matter of what the style of logo represents, using cars designed for different classes of people as an example. Though as long as we're using logos as an example, Jaguar's is literally the shape of a Jaguar with the word "Jaguar" written under it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8mHs3lPU,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2019-09-17T22:10:56.191+0000) > > Most underrated comment this week. Mods dprolly gonna delete me soon lol
> [{quoted}](name=Düff McWhalen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8mHs3lPU,comment-id=0004000000010000,timestamp=2019-09-17T22:23:42.722+0000) > > Mods dprolly gonna delete me soon lol Nah, I think you're good. I trashed to company directly in a red post the other day and I'm still here!
Saezio (EUNE)
: Because certain champions can't ever be strong in low/regular(anything up to diamond2) elo or they will be bonkers broken in pro play. Such as Kalista for example. On the opposite side of the spectrum, some champions like nasus, Yoric, Trynda, Darius, Yi will always feel super strong in low elo (up to plat) and subpar in high elo where people know how not to exploit their super obvious weaknesses. So, to answer you, Riot are not only balancing for pro play, If they wanted to make champions like Yi Trynda and Nasus viable in pro play these champions would have 70% winrates in gold for example. But at the same time, riot do not mind OVERNERFING for pro play reasons resulting in champions being straight up unplayable by the average player (cases like akali and aatrox)
> [{quoted}](name=Saezio,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dKhkBiXz,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-17T21:11:56.407+0000) > > Because certain champions can't ever be strong in low/regular(anything up to diamond2) elo or they will be bonkers broken in pro play. > > Such as Kalista for example. > > On the opposite side of the spectrum, some champions like nasus, Yoric, Trynda, Darius, Yi will always feel super strong in low elo (up to plat) and subpar in high elo where people know how not to exploit their super obvious weaknesses. > > So, to answer you, Riot are not only balancing for pro play, If they wanted to make champions like Yi Trynda and Nasus viable in pro play these champions would have 70% winrates in gold for example. But at the same time, riot do not mind OVERNERFING for pro play reasons resulting in champions being straight up unplayable by the average player (cases like akali and aatrox) In other words, the answer is to do away with LCS to make the game more competitive for the rest of us. Yeah... Yeah, I can get behind that.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Azir ate my ASS,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8mHs3lPU,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-09-17T21:20:56.423+0000) > > but its an objectively good logo. the current one the letters are all out of proportion and hard to read. Backgrounds on logos are generally a terrible idea since the 2000s unless you're using saturated primary colors which league doesn't. this one gets straight to the point, it's clean, and still contains league's iconic yellow shade all while fitting in a rectangle. the engravings on the letters provide interesting detail if the eye wants to look for it, while not taking away from the shape of the letters. > > yal litterally gonna cry about everything lol https://www.riotgames.com/darkroom/original/8555d01d04f01417a3841097d0e06634:1f5570fa1c7996228cfd110872dafb3c/lol-logo-rgb-small-copy.PNG Which part of this is "hard to read"? If you want "this one gets straight to the point, it's clean" so much you could just wish Riot use a black letter on white background with "League of Legends" written in Times New Roman. Lastly, "engravings on the letters provide interesting detail if the eye wants to look for it" is bullshit in the new one. Because E's engravings are different between words while L and G aren't, and they try to align "League" and "Legends" but don't commit entirely which results in a tiny offset that is nothing but rage fuel for anyone who actually looks at details; if anything, anyone would only say the new logo is good if you have no idea how details work or don't care about details at all, since if you do you'd properly be just as annoyed by the said details as I am. Lastly, the new title isn't even centered anymore like any title should be, but left-leaning (because the repeated and aligned "LE" creates an emphasis), like an unfinished draft document where the placeholder title is enlarged but still left-leaning that is waiting be formatted properly later.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8mHs3lPU,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2019-09-17T22:05:18.627+0000) > > https://www.riotgames.com/darkroom/original/8555d01d04f01417a3841097d0e06634:1f5570fa1c7996228cfd110872dafb3c/lol-logo-rgb-small-copy.PNG > > Which part of this is "hard to read"? > > If you want "this one gets straight to the point, it's clean" so much you could just wish Riot use a black letter on white background with "League of Legends" written in Times New Roman. > > Lastly, "engravings on the letters provide interesting detail if the eye wants to look for it" is bullshit in the new one. Because E's engravings are different between words while L and G isn't, and they try to align "League" and "Legends" but don't commit entirely which results in a tiny offset that is nothing but rage fuel for anyone who actually looks at details. The new title isn't even centered anymore, but left-leaning, like an unfinished draft document where the placeholder title is enlarged but still left-leaning that would be formatted properly later. I think you're overlooking the part where they're aiming for a sort of refined, prestigious look. They've been at the top for 10 years. To celebrate, they want their logo to reflect the fact that they're at the top. Compare the car of a wealthy banker to that of a hotshot 20-something who's making okay money with a mid-level office position. The elite car is an Aston Martin. A simple, elegant design in black, silver, or cream. A muted leather interior. Maybe some dark windows. A nice, steady hum to the engine. The kid's car is a Dodge, with added spoilers, tacked on neons, gaudy rims, and a really loud turbo. You see what I'm getting at here? The truly elite don't need to rub it in everyone's face. They're classy. Just a little gold to let you know, and move on. A coy smirk from across the room. That's what this logo conveys. Riot is suavely raising its glass to the competition. Now as for _how_ League of Legends has remained on top over the past six years... That's a question I couldn't answer if I tried.
: > [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8mHs3lPU,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-09-17T19:52:59.908+0000) > > it's actually pretty good, it can be put on a lot more things with less effort. ...Like the game itself? This logo is a reflection of what Riot and LoL is now; watered down, mediocre, borderline mobile gaming slop. Gutted of all care and attention to become a cash cow for gullible whales and nothing more.
> [{quoted}](name=Düff McWhalen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8mHs3lPU,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-09-17T19:58:40.801+0000) > > ...Like the game itself? Most underrated comment this week.
: This is literally Ohmwrecker's popularity https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/447130427078082561/621431667214516256/79453ce5-30bb-4b17-8ef4-e984015d1ea3.jpg
> [{quoted}](name=OhmwreckerAbuser,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=U0wPcRyo,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-09-17T19:22:10.344+0000) > > This is literally Ohmwrecker's popularity > https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/447130427078082561/621431667214516256/79453ce5-30bb-4b17-8ef4-e984015d1ea3.jpg ... Well damn.
Show more

Zero Shingetsu

Level 96 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion