Rioter Comments
sethwa2 (NA)
: Hi, I press W and Q on squishies and they die. Who am I?
Rioter Comments
: It was fun while it lasted
Byee have a nice time!
: > [{quoted}](name=ZeroDChance,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pVbEg1iM,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-11-12T21:31:13.146+0000) > > You guys have literally had a day to use the new masteries relax... But anivia and all my mages are useless
> [{quoted}](name=LeviathanElite,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pVbEg1iM,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2015-11-12T21:34:15.990+0000) > But anivia and all my mages are useless I've seen another post about anivia being op, and mages have access to more % dmg than adc's unless the adc goes into the cunning tree so I don't think theyre useless.
: Whats a good build
{{item:3153}} {{item:3071}} {{item:3748}} {{item:3143}} {{item:3065}}
: Riot: The Truth about this Patch
You guys have literally had a day to use the new masteries relax...
: Ohmwrecker
I wouldn't say consistently, it definitely solidifies some of my builds though. Mainly because of the cd and hp regen. The stats aren't anything spectacular but are definitely good. In one sense it gives a huge power because you can turn off both nexus turrets, but generally if your at their nexus turrets you probably wont need it. Its more of a niche item though and probably will only have relevancy if someone comes up with a set up keeping the stats in mind.
: How do the following stats stack?
Armor and Mr don't reduce their stats it just reduces the damage they do, if you look at the stat in game itll show you the percent you reducing. I don't know the math exactly but attack speed has a cap so don't build too much or its pointless. For pen it does any percent based pen first im pretty sure and then the flat you have. For regen, say its 100% bonus, its like doubling your regen, but it only doubling your base regen or regen that isn't % based. Im not positive about the cass rabadons.
Mozhu (NA)
: More hybrid things..
Definitely needs more options, in general I think they need more items in league. So many stats to mix and match.
: How's this warwick build?
Technically its strong, but realistically I doubt youd be able to finish that build consistently in games. I'm sure its difficult to kill if they don't have enough cc but you could be pretty easily bursted. I think witts titanic instead of BT Essence and I think overall the build would be better.
Laraso (NA)
: Account sharing is against the rules, but...
I don't think they keep very good tabs on it lol
: > [{quoted}](name=ZeroDChance,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=jYiqwxun,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2015-11-04T21:26:02.171+0000) > > Low levels are going to use the low ip champions because they can afford them. Everyone hates on smurfs but really they just don't like being beat, how do you think you improve? Playing against someone better than you would yield better results for improving your gameplay. Also if someone is typing instead of playing just mute and ignore, logic is irrelevant most times. The idea that playing against people better than you makes you improve is only if they are a little better than you. If you play against someone WAY better than you, you barely get a chance to even play and you don't improve, you just get frustrated. Imagine putting a pro basketball player in a game against a bunch of people just learning. He would steal the ball and dunk on them every time. That's not a good way to learn. Honestly, the only way to level up in this game and have it not be brutally terrible is to do it with friends.
> [{quoted}](name=Hackulator,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=jYiqwxun,comment-id=000a0001,timestamp=2015-11-04T21:29:19.499+0000) > > The idea that playing against people better than you makes you improve is only if they are a little better than you. If you play against someone WAY better than you, you barely get a chance to even play and you don't improve, you just get frustrated. Imagine putting a pro basketball player in a game against a bunch of people just learning. He would steal the ball and dunk on them every time. That's not a good way to learn. > > Honestly, the only way to level up in this game and have it not be brutally terrible is to do it with friends. The margin of skill in this game isn't as much as everyone thinks. Your probably not playing a pro but I get what you mean. Unless im playing ranked I play completely different because im more interested in testing builds and having fun. I guess there aren't many players like me but just watching how someone destroys you can teach you. Don't just watch them kill you try to make it more difficult each time and pay attention to the objectives they go for, and think of the who what when and where, why. Don't just look at their build, pay attention to the order they got their items it matters. I'm sure I take this game alittle more serious than you probably do but after every game I play more so after a loss I look back and reflect on things and think what could I have done different. The people who probably piss people off the most are the ones who have "mains" and want you to think their sweet because they can play one champion pretty well.
NYA Yuka (NA)
: Get me out of silver
lol welcome to ranked. You should remember especially at the top of each league everyone there worked to be there and want to win. Also don't treat your team like your playing on a cooridinated ranked team unless they actually are. Generally if you want to keep moving up you have to find ways to win.
: Leveling 1-30 is a nightmare
Low levels are going to use the low ip champions because they can afford them. Everyone hates on smurfs but really they just don't like being beat, how do you think you improve? Playing against someone better than you would yield better results for improving your gameplay. Also if someone is typing instead of playing just mute and ignore, logic is irrelevant most times.
F03 (NA)
: I'm disgusted, pissed off, and feeling violated. Here is why
: why does riot not nerf urgot
: PSA to everyone who plays ranked
Use logic to keep drunk people out of ranked lmao. I'm assuming you've never been high either so have no idea how it effects gameplay.
: So I've been playing a whole lot of Shaco support in ranked recently
Good for you, the meta is lame. I like top shaco personally, multiple styles that you can play him there. My current favorite support is ashe.
: > [{quoted}](name=ME AM SMART,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=kjAUYwc3,comment-id=00020002,timestamp=2015-09-24T20:56:14.594+0000) > > Yeah you still do damage, you just do a fucking hell of a lot less damage... > > Also, 25 mr is *not* that much. Athenes is not really a defensive item, it's a mana item that happens to have a bit of mr. I'd consider chalice more of the defensive item as 20-25 MR means dick late game, but early-mid, it is significant. Once you've upgraded to Athenes, you can assume your laner (likely an AP champion if you're building Athenes) is completing a big ticket item of their own and your 25 MR starts to matter less. Honestly, if you can make use of its passive, for MR, abyssal is significantly better.
> [{quoted}](name=HateDaddy,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=kjAUYwc3,comment-id=000200020000,timestamp=2015-09-24T21:10:06.015+0000) > > I'd consider chalice more of the defensive item as 20-25 MR means dick late game, but early-mid, it is significant. Once you've upgraded to Athenes, you can assume your laner (likely an AP champion if you're building Athenes) is completing a big ticket item of their own and your 25 MR starts to matter less. Honestly, if you can make use of its passive, for MR, abyssal is significantly better. Its more about the mana regen to make up for the morello.
: > [{quoted}](name=ZeroDChance,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=kjAUYwc3,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-09-24T20:47:06.513+0000) > > Swap out morello for athenes, void for abyssal, iceborn for lich, rylais for ludens and wow your a tanky mage that can still do damage. Yeah you still do damage, you just do a fucking hell of a lot less damage... Also, 25 mr is *not* that much. Athenes is not really a defensive item, it's a mana item that happens to have a bit of mr.
> [{quoted}](name=ME AM SMART,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=kjAUYwc3,comment-id=00020002,timestamp=2015-09-24T20:56:14.594+0000) > > Yeah you still do damage, you just do a fucking hell of a lot less damage... > > Also, 25 mr is *not* that much. Athenes is not really a defensive item, it's a mana item that happens to have a bit of mr. Abyssal is in there as well, I mean I have more builds than that one lol. Scaling mr plus that plus abyssal would put you in a good spot.
Sìel (NA)
: I used to play ARAM with no flash at all. The only things it taught me were that I was unable to dodge a skillshot that had no possible way of being dodged without it, and dying, and I missed out on a kill that could've changed the game because I couldn't close the gap on the target because I didn't have flash.
> [{quoted}](name=Sìel,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=R6bFbQti,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2015-09-24T21:02:55.629+0000) > > I used to play ARAM with no flash at all. The only things it taught me were that I was unable to dodge a skillshot that had no possible way of being dodged without it, and dying, and I missed out on a kill that could've changed the game because I couldn't close the gap on the target because I didn't have flash. Aram is a single lane map so and usually no one takes flash there so its not the same as playing on SR. I'm just saying from my experience after I stopped using, I dodge many more skillshots and make much more intelligent plays because I know I have to use my champion abilities and skill instead.
: > [{quoted}](name=ZeroDChance,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=R6bFbQti,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2015-09-24T20:21:39.439+0000) > > So it would be a bad thing if they got so good at math that they didn't need a calculator, just like how I never take flash. No. If you get so good at mental calculations that you never need a calculator to do a sum then that's cool, throw out your calculator. But you'll never get good enough at dodging skillshots that you'll never run into situations where Flashing to dodge them would be necessary. This is before you even realise the offensive uses of the spell or even the defensive uses beyond juking a skillshot.
> [{quoted}](name=MotherTeresa1910,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=R6bFbQti,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2015-09-24T20:55:15.741+0000) > > No. If you get so good at mental calculations that you never need a calculator to do a sum then that's cool, throw out your calculator. But you'll never get good enough at dodging skillshots that you'll never run into situations where Flashing to dodge them would be necessary. > > This is before you even realise the offensive uses of the spell or even the defensive uses beyond juking a skillshot. How do you know you cant good that good at dodging? I know I can't prove it but im willing to bet I dodge way more skillshots than you. Mainly because all the haters come at me when they don't see flash.
Enosetc (NA)
: i'm going to take a break from my anti-mage memeing for a sec because > [{quoted}](name=ZeroDChance,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=kjAUYwc3,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-09-24T20:47:06.513+0000) > > Swap out morello for athenes, void for abyssal **who would do this**
> [{quoted}](name=Enosense,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=kjAUYwc3,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2015-09-24T20:48:39.644+0000) > > i'm going to take a break from my anti-mage memeing for a sec because > > **who would do this** Essentially this is similar to how bruisers build damage and tankiness which I think the people here are bitching about.
Enosetc (NA)
: i'm going to take a break from my anti-mage memeing for a sec because > [{quoted}](name=ZeroDChance,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=kjAUYwc3,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-09-24T20:47:06.513+0000) > > Swap out morello for athenes, void for abyssal **who would do this**
> [{quoted}](name=Enosense,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=kjAUYwc3,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2015-09-24T20:48:39.644+0000) > > i'm going to take a break from my anti-mage memeing for a sec because > > **who would do this** Me?
Baunjo (NA)
: Flash is not just for skill shots. It can be used very strategically to set up plays. Flashing over walls and away from enemies as well as toward them is very very helpful, I will never forget flash unless I am playing a champion that can be played better with ghost run
> [{quoted}](name=Baunjo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=R6bFbQti,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2015-09-24T20:45:30.687+0000) > > Flash is not just for skill shots. It can be used very strategically to set up plays. Flashing over walls and away from enemies as well as toward them is very very helpful, I will never forget flash unless I am playing a champion that can be played better with ghost run Yeah im aware of how you can use it. But that's kinda my point nobody can do anything good without it and that's just pathetic.
RexSaur (NA)
: Ppl like to circlejerk about how ''tanky'' mages are in a normal build.
Swap out morello for athenes, void for abyssal, iceborn for lich, rylais for ludens and wow your a tanky mage that can still do damage.
Sìel (NA)
: A better explanation would be... "It's like heating up a pizza with the sun instead of an oven. Sure you can do things to amplify the sun to heat the pizza just right, but it takes more work to compensate for the lack of an oven. So having the oven is great, and you can focus on making better pizza."
> [{quoted}](name=Sìel,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=R6bFbQti,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2015-09-24T20:36:51.147+0000) > > A better explanation would be... > "It's like heating up a pizza with the sun instead of an oven. Sure you can do things to amplify the sun to heat the pizza just right, but it takes more work to compensate for the lack of an oven. So having the oven is great, and you can focus on making better pizza." What are you basing that on when you probably always take flash. Have you ever tried consistently not taking flash? Ranked or not
: What 4800 champ should I buy?
Jbels (NA)
: I'm not going to stop taking flash to get better at dodging skillshots. I'll just dodge skill shots. That's like asking somebody in college to not use a calculator to get better at doing math in your head. You don't have to use the calculator for every single step to the problem, but you also don't have to flash every single skillshot.
> [{quoted}](name=Jbels,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=R6bFbQti,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-09-24T20:06:18.779+0000) > > I'm not going to stop taking flash to get better at dodging skillshots. I'll just dodge skill shots. That's like asking somebody in college to not use a calculator to get better at doing math in your head. You don't have to use the calculator for every single step to the problem, but you also don't have to flash every single skillshot. So it would be a bad thing if they got so good at math that they didn't need a calculator, just like how I never take flash.
: I hate when people play something only because it's not banned.
Rioter Comments
: Ap/atack speed on hit yasuo build. Seems troll, but need opinions, before try it.
If you tried going hybrid and instead of two more ap items went for I.E and static it could work. How well obviously depends on the aspects of that game and runes/masteries.
: Smite/TP top was the norm from march to june. Note it wasn't smite+flash. It was smite+TP, meaning flash was deemed inferior. Whining about "cinderhulk OP" got rid of that.
> [{quoted}](name=BluePolarizer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TM2rzuTa,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2015-09-24T18:57:41.143+0000) > > Smite/TP top was the norm from march to june. Note it wasn't smite+flash. It was smite+TP, meaning flash was deemed inferior. > > Whining about "cinderhulk OP" got rid of that. More like that was the fad at the time. Just like how people think they need flash.
HentRex (NA)
: True but cleanse is a complete counter already. I'd rather see barrier used on tanks for engaging fights with.
> [{quoted}](name=HentRex,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TM2rzuTa,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-09-24T18:45:15.837+0000) > > True but cleanse is a complete counter already. I'd rather see barrier used on tanks for engaging fights with. Barrier should increase healing for the duration.
HentRex (NA)
: Static Summoner Spells
I agree everyone is to consumed by flash. Delete it. I haven't used flash in atleast two months, even though before that I rarely would use it. I was still able to climb through gold and into plat. Most flashes are wasted anyway. Have you ever paid attention the stupid things people do with flash? Or how useless it can be when they fail flash or someone flashes right after them.
Copedium (NA)
: Help Me
Purearth (NA)
: My name is Purearth
I use builds like that in ranked.
Crett (NA)
: I am soooo MAD
I test out builds in ranked all the time, how else will you know what to improve on it. Normal games end up being boring most times because its too easy.
: What do you say when you can tell the enemy team is having a miserable game???
Say you might be having a rough game.... but I just saved a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to geico.
Balmor0 (EUNE)
: Aatrox
I think the reason they wouldn't do any of that is because they want him to have his own identity not something similar to another champion. Give him something like Viktor or Cass. People would not let that go and would call it recycling.
: Trick2g is crap
Tiger stance works well with sated too. Why not start tiger phoenix stance for the fastest clears.
: can sion be built like a juggernaught
Yeah maybe one aspect of the item would be better on someone with an attack speed steroid but its the overall stats and the active that are what make it great on sion. The active makes his combo after ulting that much more powerful.
: > [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aWEfp7gi,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-09-22T17:09:13.156+0000) > > titanic hydra should be a good lategame item on him. nop, he doesn't autoattack so much and has crap attack speed that's why riot made it on hit effect unlike atma, so not every bruisers build it
> [{quoted}](name=ZeusHasRefresher,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aWEfp7gi,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2015-09-22T17:48:33.019+0000) > > nop, he doesn't autoattack so much and has crap attack speed > > that's why riot made it on hit effect unlike atma, so not every bruisers build it If your not using your autos as much as possible on every champ your doing it wrong.
: can sion be built like a juggernaught
I take the shield first, usually q second unless they have range. At level 5 I like to have w and e rank 2. After that I would level one or the other based on how im doing vs my lane opponent. Winning trades? go e losing them go w. Maxing his q wouldn't be a terrible idea but the base damage is already pretty good when charged, so its still a useful tool for farming your hp.
: This leaves two key problems. The first is that inside of this toxic abyss more toxicity would just spread, which would actually make it a worse problem. The second is in doing this there is very little chance for reforming. Personally if someone is consistently being egregiously toxic, I believe a ban is the only way to fix the problem, as long as it has been proven that they are insanely toxic.
> [{quoted}](name=RawEchoes,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=sB6L7hej,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2015-09-22T17:14:31.311+0000) > > This leaves two key problems. The first is that inside of this toxic abyss more toxicity would just spread, which would actually make it a worse problem. The second is in doing this there is very little chance for reforming. Personally if someone is consistently being egregiously toxic, I believe a ban is the only way to fix the problem, as long as it has been proven that they are insanely toxic. Personally I think if they are a problem its their own personal problem. I didn't write this to be serious either there are just people like the guy who said I must be ass hurt that drag people down.
Asinine (NA)
: someone is ass hurt about something.
> [{quoted}](name=Asinine,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=sB6L7hej,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-09-22T17:04:11.477+0000) > > someone is ass hurt about something. lol I just thought it was funny
: can sion be built like a juggernaught
I like to build RoA first, then titanic steraks iceborn visage with what ever boots you like. I also take 15% scaling cd in runes with 5 from masteries so I only need 20 cds to max out which is important. Atleast in top lane this is the type of set up I would use. Roa can be changed late game but the hp mana and ap are good for sustain and power up his shield nicely.
Blyted (NA)
: A peek into the mind of the bronzie
Not hard to buy a cloth armor or tabi, but visage healing with second wind at low hp can change things.
: Kalista Passiv bug
I wasn't even able to get it to switch yesterday.
Show more

ZeroDChance

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion