: So calling people a r%%%%% is ok now?
So unless it has changed you have to say zero tolerance words or phrases twice for the system to punish you to prevent it from banning for typos or mashing keys (like if you forget to hit enter and having random characters in chat from trying to play with the chat bar up and then hitting enter to clear it all). If they did say it twice that match and were reported the first punishment they get would be a 14 day suspension. Most players reform after one punishment so they would still be playing now if that were the case. As for this company being american and needing to act less chinese, I find that ironic. America is the only country in the world that has free speech, meaning you cant be punished for what you say unless it is a call to action (like yelling fire in a theater and trying to start a panic), so china would be more likely the ones to ban more quickly for hate speech and such. Also, somewhere you commented that disaproving of appeals to emotion as an argument meant the person in question doesn't care. In my opinion, that is false. It is much more helpful to look at information and form an idea that will actually help rather than see a problem and immediately do something that ends up causing more problems. Basically, the best way to show you care is to devote time to the issue rather than get angry at it.
AQA473 (NA)
: Well, um, thank you for commenting and giving me your time, it's greatly appreciated, but I must ask you to read the whole post before reattempting to discuss it. Evelynn is definitely _not_ what I'm "looking for." tl;dr before you read my post in its entirety, this post is specifically to argue in favor of an asexual/aromantic reading of Nidalee. I'm not "looking for" anything. I want Nidalee to be ace/aro. Specifically Nidalee, specifically ace/aro. Evelynn's like an incorporeal misery demon that uses sex to highten her victims' happiness before killing them slowly and painfully. Whether or not she feels sexual satisfaction or gratification is, to my knowledge, unknown.
> [{quoted}](name=AQA473,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0GmEMgzE,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-09-21T05:32:34.082+0000) > > Well, um, thank you for commenting and giving me your time, it's greatly appreciated, but I must ask you to read the whole post before reattempting to discuss it. Evelynn is definitely _not_ what I'm "looking for." > > tl;dr before you read my post in its entirety, this post is specifically to argue in favor of an asexual/aromantic reading of Nidalee. I'm not "looking for" anything. I want Nidalee to be ace/aro. Specifically Nidalee, specifically ace/aro. > > Evelynn's like an incorporeal misery demon that uses sex to highten her victims' happiness before killing them slowly and painfully. Whether or not she feels sexual satisfaction or gratification is, to my knowledge, unknown. I reread it, your opening paragraphs are about how you want League to have its first ace/aro character, and that you think it could/should be Nidalee. Your closing paragraphs say that Nidalee is a good choice because she has been in the game for a long time and is considered to be sexualized but doesn't act that way in the lore. Evelynn is ace/aro. She uses her sex appeal and charm magic to attract prey and feeds on their pain as she tortures them, but isn't interested in them sexually or romantically. She is also a character that has been in the game for a long time and is considered to be sexualized. You say that your post "is specifically to argue in favor of an asexual/aromantic reading of Nidalee" and if it read that way I probably wouldn't have commented, but in the post itself you say "a desire to see more representation in a game I love." That is why I see it as "looking for" something. You already have that thing.
AQA473 (NA)
: Asexual Nidalee - An Argument
So, I am not at my computer right now and don't have time to double check myself as I should, but isn't Evelynn already what you want? Evelynn is canonically a virgin, I believe because she has no sexual or romantic interest in people and that is a reversal of expectations. Didn't give your post full attention due to lack of time but I think that was the gist of it.
: Another idea for a new tank item.
If the item had values that made it relevant it would make the meta revolve around the characters that abuse it best. If it didn't have good values it would be outclassed by locket of the iron solari which fulfills a similar niche and feels good to use right. But I might just be overly negative. I think part of the problem is that there are different types of characters that need different types of items that we are calling all of tanks. There are initiators which try to pick someone out and survive the enemy team retaliating (Maokai, Malphite, Nunu), the vanguards which try to keep the enemy from doing that (Taric, Braum), and juggernauts, which are more or less fine right now. Initiators could use a better first item version of Gargoyle stoneplate and Vanguards could use a better Locket or {{item:3025}} . (Were initiators called vanguards and vanguards something else? I am too tired right now to be typing stuff XD)
: How do people spend money on statues
It depends on what they are made of and such. Like, if you get something for $10-25 its probably made out of some cheap plastic and painted by a machine and sometimes it can be hard to make the parts where they go together not look horrible. Especially if eyes are painted by a machine it can be easy for them to be like looking in different directions or something. If you are getting a more expensive one it might be hand painted or made out of better materials or more and better quality joints if it is posable as well as extra parts like hands and faces so you can pose them differently or sometimes cloth clothing (instead of being part of the figure) depending on how much you are spending. I don't collect much, mostly cheap stuff and amiibos, but I would like to if I ever get a better job or something.
: Same reason yi was able to use is q while he was stunned in a game I just played. Before anyone says “he used q before you used your stun” the word stunned literally popped up above his champion.
> [{quoted}](name=Soul Dealer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=py40MZFZ,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-09-06T03:55:49.999+0000) > > Same reason yi was able to use is q while he was stunned in a game I just played. Before anyone says “he used q before you used your stun” the word stunned literally popped up above his champion. Almost every skill in the game has a slight delay between when you hit the button and when the skill goes off called a cast time (or at least I call it that). If you are hit by a CC during this time your skill still goes off, even if you can't start using that skill after you get hit by them. Also, because it takes time for the server to receive inputs from everyone and then send what happened to all of the players there can be slight discrepancies between what you see and what actually happens because the game is trying to predict what will happen in a few milliseconds.
: The real reason Twisted Treeline failed.
I really enjoy playing TT, the main reason I don't nowadays is because you cant finish missions on it. Missions that are stuff like "kill X minions" or "destroy X turrets" say above them in small letters "only available on Summoner's rift or ARAM". If I could do those on TT I would play it much more often, especially considering I usually play with two friends.
ßoro (NA)
: tryndamere ruins this game man
Wardens mail early into randuins omen later. Reduces the damage of his crits, slows his autos, and the active slows him so he cant run away or you can use it to peel for a carry.
: What Champions will be on Star Guardian 2019 Team?
Don't know how to make the icons on mobile. Kayle blue Morgana purple (I like the idea of them being put on the same team and arguing over how to do things) Katarina red (headcanon: Lux thinks her and garen are dating and is trying to protect her big brother from bad influences, kat isn't actually bad just misunderstood) I like the idea of a human being fused with anivia who would be the familiar (as a legendary or ultimate) for the pink one, maybe blue if not on this exact team. Then we really need a jungler star guardian, so for green a female jungle champ like Vi or Evelynn, but idk if either of those fit right. Eve could be a chance to have a darker take on the green theme, like how Syndra is a darker take on purple than Janna.
: PLEASE take mages out of botlane.
Brand and Zyra aren't in bot because they can't hang in mid. If that was the case they would be neither mid nor bot. They are bot because they do something well there that other champs can't so as well, which is keep the opponents from farming with poke over minions. If you just don't want them bot drastically cut their mana or mana regen and brand's W and Zyra's E and Q. However, I like the fact that there are more options to play as supports than just enchanters and tanks, even if I don't use them.
KuroCorbeau (EUNE)
: How do i get a racist banned?(With Prove)
Name and shame is against the rules on the boards, and if they said that kind of stuff and you reported them they will get a 14 day suspension for firat time offense or a perma ban if they have had a 14 day suspension already.
: Can we give tanks ONE good item?
I mean, besides reducing damage the user does knights vow is very similar to this. I don't think it would draw aggro to the player wearing it though, because the damage deallers of his team would still die faster and if the tank was initiating fights then his allies would probably be out of range of the aura. Generally tank items already reduce the damage the owner does by not having damage stats. If you build a Randuin's Omen you will do less damage than if you had a Deathcap. Some tank items have passives that do damage but it is still less than you would do with an offense item. EDIT: What eould end up happening with your item is enchanters with cc and heals/shields would be buying it since they are usually near the carries.
: the lux bot is a real sniper lmao guess we'll never know since i am one of the few people who actually play this mode
> [{quoted}](name=LuxButt99,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=58l39xHb,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-16T10:46:32.563+0000) > > the lux bot is a real sniper > lmao guess we'll never know since i am one of the few people who actually play this mode The bots always aim their skills directly at you, so if you are moving left/right of them and not right up on them then they will always miss you. Bots also play extremely aggressively so if you are 1v2 against them just sit under your turret until you have a couple levels on them. That is the main reason players only send one person top lane, if the single person that is against the 2 has a chance to out level them because they aren't sharing exp then they just win. Usually you can beat them at level 3-4 ish but if you are new you might want to wait till 6 for your ult. Also, they may try to dive under your turret, if they do just use a stun or snare or some other cc and often they will just die or have to go back giving you breathing room.
Nekorus (NA)
: all they gotta do is revert it to the old one and we good.
> [{quoted}](name=Nekorus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=u0QATrT4,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-15T04:06:43.229+0000) > > all they gotta do is revert it to the old one and we good. Nah the old one was worse. Thin walls so any champ without a jump was massively outclassed, random buffs could make or break a game, you could easily pull minions into the fountain at base so taking an enemy inhib was detrimental, could also easily pull players into fountain with someone like blitz or naut making games take forever to close out. There were other issues I can think of off the top of my head.
Barkley (NA)
: I feel like we should have seen some 9.14 notes by now?
Patches are every 2 weeks but if I remember right they do one 3 week patch cycle each year. Maybe a couple? But it isn't unprecedented.
: How come silence doesnt block all abilities?
I don't know anything about tft, but Gnar transforming in the actual game is a passive, which silence doesn't stop, so that is probably why that happens.
TisBis (NA)
: Yeah the Lost Chapter passive is really nice in lane. If I want to go tankier, I usually go Rod.
> [{quoted}](name=TisBis,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2lVxMjqT,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-06-17T02:16:38.687+0000) > > Yeah the Lost Chapter passive is really nice in lane. If I want to go tankier, I usually go Rod. The mpen from Morello's is really really good, especially early. I would say that that plus the Grievous wounds puts it above RoA, and again I usually don't need the mana. A lot of people cast way too many spells so often I will still have mana after my opponent is out even going Morello's first. The goal with morello's first isn't to be tanky, its just that the health helps more than most people thinks it does and it also has amazing offensive stats.
Rock MD (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Zezockary,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2lVxMjqT,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-16T20:47:20.806+0000) > > I rarely build Luden's anymore, the goal of a burst mage is to kill them with one rotation when you catch them with cc so you shouldn't need much cdr for most characters. The damage passive is nice but its better for poke characters, Morello's also gives nice damage and the grievous wounds passive is super relevant mid-late game. > > If you are mostly using your shortest cd spell in lane and only using your cc spells to finish them off then you don't need the mana either, especially with Ahri, not so much with the others you listed. > > Also, the health it gives you can help you survive enemy burst a lot as well. > > I build Luden's on aram though for the mana gain on level from lost chapter XD > > Also, cdr's effectiveness is mostly on long cd spells which you shouldn't be casting much. If your cc skills are off of cooldown your enemy has to respect it and play around it, but if you cast it even if you land it they will have a window of opportunity for a counterattack. > > Edit: I would definitely go Luden's if you aren't confident with managing your mana on your character or are playing long range poke/siege type of strat. And then the enemy builds Hexdrinker. What do you do now? Fact of the matter is mages can't oneshot most characters, and the ones they can there's enough counterplay to prevent it. You might as well just maximize your utility and CC and rotations.
> [{quoted}](name=Rock MD,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2lVxMjqT,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-06-16T20:59:27.347+0000) > > And then the enemy builds Hexdrinker. What do you do now? > I poke them. By "one shot" I don't necessarily mean from full, that comes after and if you get fed. You might have to wait until a jungle ganks or they dive you, or you land a few poke spells.
TisBis (NA)
: Why do champion.gg builds never have Luden's?
I rarely build Luden's anymore, the goal of a burst mage is to kill them with one rotation when you catch them with cc so you shouldn't need much cdr for most characters. The damage passive is nice but its better for poke characters, Morello's also gives nice damage and the grievous wounds passive is super relevant mid-late game. If you are mostly using your shortest cd spell in lane and only using your cc spells to finish them off then you don't need the mana either, especially with Ahri, not so much with the others you listed. Also, the health it gives you can help you survive enemy burst a lot as well. I build Luden's on aram though for the mana gain on level from lost chapter XD Also, cdr's effectiveness is mostly on long cd spells which you shouldn't be casting much. If your cc skills are off of cooldown your enemy has to respect it and play around it, but if you cast it even if you land it they will have a window of opportunity for a counterattack. Edit: I would definitely go Luden's if you aren't confident with managing your mana on your character or are playing long range poke/siege type of strat.
: lol that's so strange i thought it was supposed to be a chroma doesn't it say so in the crafting store? are prestige k/da also seperate skins?
> [{quoted}](name=Luther King Jr V,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEbbzXyW,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-14T05:11:54.592+0000) > > lol that's so strange i thought it was supposed to be a chroma doesn't it say so in the crafting store? > are prestige k/da also seperate skins? I am like 90% sure they are all their own seperate skins.
: how did u get it chests or crafted it?
> [{quoted}](name=Luther King Jr V,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEbbzXyW,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-14T04:53:40.060+0000) > > how did u get it chests or crafted it? I farmed tokens for it. Idk if it is available from chests, I am just saying that it isn't a chroma.
: How to fight against morde?
I mean, not getting tabi would be a good start. He does magic damage, not physical.
: prestige is a chroma not a skin
> [{quoted}](name=Luther King Jr V,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEbbzXyW,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-14T04:47:02.234+0000) > > prestige is a chroma not a skin I have prestige lux and not BA lux and i can use it so I can confirm it is not a chroma.
CD8 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Zezockary,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jAvngqZa,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-10T12:48:25.252+0000) > > When Blitzcrank grabs someone, it does magic damage. > > Honestly, if you think about it water, vines, and rocks are all physical things. wouldnt that mean that anivia, zyra and Taliyah would be AD?
> [{quoted}](name=CD8,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jAvngqZa,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-06-10T15:46:31.808+0000) > > wouldnt that mean that anivia, zyra and Taliyah would be AD? What I am saying is nothing in this game has ever made sense in terms of what type of damage it does.
CD8 (NA)
: Anyone else find it odd that Qiyana is AD?
When Blitzcrank grabs someone, it does magic damage. Honestly, if you think about it water, vines, and rocks are all physical things.
: Anyone else feel like Neeko's theme gets a little lost?
What do chameleons (or other lizards perhaps?) do that you would like to see Neeko do in game?
: Futile reworks
Basically, the playtesting they can do privately and on pbe gives nowhere near the amount of data they get from live servers. After they get that much data I would be aurprised if they didn't find a better way to take the character design.
Ada Wong (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Thaum1568,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EwitiUdv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-01T04:41:14.772+0000) > > The MSI tokens or the prestige points? June 2nd is when the MSI pass expires. Erm the trials pass tokens or whatever.
> [{quoted}](name=Ada Wong,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EwitiUdv,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-01T05:05:00.217+0000) > > Erm the trials pass tokens or whatever. The last day to earn tokens is June 2nd.
Kr1sys (NA)
: Yeah I don't expect a leash, I only want vision. Last game I had was some idiot that didn't want to until they were already in position so he face checks the brush. Gives FB, and then they invaded the jungle. Their jungler proceeded to get level 2 and then gank the mid lane again. 0/2/0 just a little over 2 minutes in, 'GG jg diff'. This was one specific instance, but it's like 50/50 on whether the mid lane is going to do anything helpful before their wave gets to lane.
> [{quoted}](name=Kr1sys,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AylVcfEg,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-25T12:55:19.939+0000) > > Yeah I don't expect a leash, I only want vision. Last game I had was some idiot that didn't want to until they were already in position so he face checks the brush. Gives FB, and then they invaded the jungle. Their jungler proceeded to get level 2 and then gank the mid lane again. > > 0/2/0 just a little over 2 minutes in, 'GG jg diff'. > > This was one specific instance, but it's like 50/50 on whether the mid lane is going to do anything helpful before their wave gets to lane. True, that happens, but another thing that I often see is junglers will be in base for a long time. Like, the enemy team and I will be playing footsies, minions will pass tower, and jungle will just be getting to their buff.
Kr1sys (NA)
: midlaners, could you explain why you afk under tower?
As mid you can't help leash anymore because if you do you will miss minions, causing you to start off behind in levels. That means they will hit the key levels of 2, 3, and 6 before you do and have an enourmous advantage. That being said as mid I am often instrumental in preventing invades and I cringe when I don't get mid and see my mid laner not being in position to do so. Something I have recently noticed is when your team starts red and you stand outside the bush where the enemy can see you they will often decide not to invade even if they were prepping one.
: Dear lux players
Why? You can use it to poke the shit out of melee champs at early levels since you can proc it with autos. You can auto, E, auto and get two procs with it as well. Also, it works thematically well with her star guardian skin.
Yuùmí (NA)
: Battle Academia Borders
Mine is working fine. Try relogging and if that doesn't work make a support ticket.
: They should keep this Yasuo "bug"
I think it should be the opposite of what op does. I think it should instantly block anything but not stay out as long as it does. As it is now even if you bait it out it stays there for like 5 seconds, meaning he is more or less perfectly safe to do whatever he wants. Early game the long cooldown makes him vulnerable for a while but he can just play super safe during that making the lane even less fun. I think it should function more like Fiora's parry or maybe Irelia's defensive skill (cant remember the button). In exchange maybe it increases his flow if he blocks something. If it is a channel maybe the wall could get wider as you channel and your flow can generate as you hold it.
tangoood (NA)
: Bring back Kiko icon on store please, I really want it so muchh
There is going to be a star guardian event this year, so they will almost certainly put it in the store at that time.
Arakadia (NA)
: I hope your right but it's weird for them to put small animations on and rush out the theme before the animation is complete. If they wanted the theme out so bad, which is weird as in the past they've waited a long time, they would normally release it without any animation so it is clearly not the login screen.
> [{quoted}](name=Arakadia,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=gBWqu3MH,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-05-03T16:49:20.620+0000) > > I hope your right but it's weird for them to put small animations on and rush out the theme before the animation is complete. If they wanted the theme out so bad, which is weird as in the past they've waited a long time, they would normally release it without any animation so it is clearly not the login screen. This could be diving into conspiracy territory, but w/e. I think they announced Yuumi earlier than planned because someone leaked it (they put something on their youtube channel before Yuumi was announced) so they released this earlier than planned so there wasn't a large span between the reveal of the character and the next content for it.
FâgLord (EUW)
: Never thought I'd have something bad to say about the design team in riot...
I believe that video is just to showcase the song, the animation will probably be improved by the time the character is released.
Tha1Mat88 (EUW)
: i got hackt and got band
First, change your password. If someone else was on your account then they would be able to get back on it after your account was unbanned. After that, go to this link, click the relevant options, and create a ticket explaining the situation. https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us
SxYxRx (NA)
: Which is better? a shooter or a combat fighter?
Every character has their own unique strengths. You won't know what is best for you until you try it. Plus it seems like you are building it up in your head to be this great challenge, you can win with any character in the roster.
: A 10% true dmg on infinity edge is way better than 25% extra physical damage
The 10% true does more damage to tanks meaning armor is more effective now slowing down teamfights some and allowing tanky champs back in the meta. (I haven't done the math correct me with math if I am wrong.)
Bangable (EUNE)
: I've got a debate where I'm supposed to be against oil. Please help!
If you are debating someone else it would help to also learn some of their talking points and prepare counters in advance. For example, air and solar power use large amounts of oil energy to be produced and compared to the energy used to make them are horribly inefficient. Also, they give varying amounts of energy meaning if you are entirely dependant on them you might produce too little one year and have to buy from outside sources or produce too much and have to pay outside sources to take it (as has happened to Germany).
: People are abusing the report system
Posting your chat logs would go a long way in backing up your claims. If every report = punishment many of my friends and I would have been punished in some form a long time ago.
: Can we address non-ranked players?
I am confused, I don't play ranked and I am not always matched against the lowest possible tier. If you mean when you do play ranked it is because the mmr of the queues are seperate, so your normals don't affect ranked. If it didn't work like that then it would probably be abusable.
: Like I said u can trust whomever you want...my main point is that automatic program bans are stupid solution.better don't ban anyone then to have program who decides it...
> [{quoted}](name=captaincomando1,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EevjFRbA,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-13T13:47:03.449+0000) > > Like I said u can trust whomever you want...my main point is that automatic program bans are stupid solution.better don't ban anyone then to have program who decides it... Punishments delivered by the automated system are more accurate than when they were handled by people and if you make a support ticket a human will always review the case.
: Right. I was just saying that there -was- part of hextech items that used to have Spellvamp. Also Spellvamp on Morgana was nice, too, since it stacked with her passive SV.
I used to get the spell vamp quints and mastery on malz and then rush the revolver which would give I think 21% spell vamp, then keep my E on something at all times to keep myself at full health XD
GFREEMEN (NA)
: Riot can you PLZ do something about the soft inters?
I haven't seen anyone doing this intentionally (so it is probably incredibly rare since I have been playing since season 2), and it sounds like it would take a lot of effort to do. Having a Tribunal for this would be difficult to easily determine something like this happen and have a high rate of false positives or never catch anyone.
: Difference between a fighter and a bruiser?
Bruisers are able to take damage like a tank and kill someone like a fighter, but don't have the ability to deliver that damage or tankiness to the enemy team reliably. If they do then that is an exception and not the rule, like Garen's ms buff. Riot likes to call bruisers juggernauts. Fighters deal damage over time and can deliver it to an opponent, but generally their defensive capabilities are in a skill with limited uptime like Yi's meditate or Fiora's parry/ultimate.
: I am fucking desperate.....
Sounds like you are trying to win by yourself. You have to keep in mind that most people don't know everything about every aspect of the game and you need to learn the most effective methods for communicating what to do or the best way to go help people who are struggling. Personally I have found that pinging the timers for dragon and baron about 1-2 minutes before they spawn helps my team out a lot, and simple concise words of encouragement towards teammates who start to fail early and then helping them when you can roam there help a lot too. Basically macro play > micro play.
: 'cheap mr' would probably go to {{item:3211}} or {{item:1057}}.
Celiorap (NA)
: Why Can People Who Build No Damage, Deal Tons?
Tanks have high base damages and low scalings, if you are losing lane against one play safe and build a cheap defensive item like chain vest or something mr (drawing a blank on names right now lol) until you hit a power spike or can roam.
: What do you know, Ahri back up to highest playrate AND winrate midlane in Plat+
First you say she is OP in the highest rankings, then call her easy to play? That is an odd leap of logic. So, you want to make her harder to play, which would lower her effectiveness in lower elos, but your problem with her is in higher elos? I am confused. Btw, I am not saying she isn't a strong pick right now, I just don't like your argument.
Show more

Zezockary

Level 103 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion