: So let me get this straight?
This has to have been done intentionally. I can't think of a legitimate reason but it cannot be a mistake. Maybe they get more money through ad revenue when people watch live? I dont know. But there is no way they can be this stupid. The hide spoilers button didn't disappear by mistake.
Rioter Comments
TraakSC (NA)
: Blitz has a 57% winrate in challenger. You should tell the pros how bad he is because they clearly don't get it. Also how are you not gonna add Ali and Naut to that list.
I dont think you actually read my post. I never once said that Blitzcrank was bad.
TraakSC (NA)
: Sona has a 52% winrate right now which is way above most supports. Only less than Blitz and Janna. Btw Janna is considered the best support right now although I would argue Nautilis is. Not sure why you think Sona is garbage.
No CC except ult, heal is weak, MS buff is weak, insanely low base health, low mobility. I just personally feel like other supports can do what she does without as many weaknesses.
: Blitz doesn't even necessarily have to land a hook to start an engagement, he just needs to catch someone out of position. Should he be changed? Absolutely not, IMHO. I think more supports should bring this level of stomp, actually. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtNOonQ1oE0
I have to disagree, I think that the supports you see getting picked on a regular basis (Leona/Thresh/Braum/Morg/Annie/Janna) are all in good spots, but Blitzcrank is not.
TraakSC (NA)
: That goes both ways. People are just as bad at landing skill shots as they are at dodging them. Just tell your adc to stand behind minions and that will pretty much counter half the Blitzcranks out there.
I agree with you completely. I don't even know what we're arguing about. A bad Blitzcrank is overly useless which supports my one trick pony position.
TraakSC (NA)
: If you think every Bronze/Silver lands a grab... lol not even gonna waste time here. See ya nerd.
I didnt say that at all. What I said is that people in low Elo are generally worse at dodging skillshots. One way to put it is (especially in low elo) a good Blitzcrank is incredibly toxic and a bad Blitzcrank is incredibly useless.
Rioter Comments
Kelloggs (NA)
: LCS "Hide Spoiler" Button - Help & Suggestion
: Thanks so much for these new Juggernaut changes.
Yeah, I think all of these changes are pretty horrible to be honest. Except the ghost dragon on Mord, I think its kind of nifty. Everything else seems really bad.
: Gameplay update: juggernauts
Am I the only one who thinks Garens spin looks insanely stupid now? Wayyyy too fast. Also, Mord in the bot lane sounds terrible. I'd try and shift his kit more toward the mid lane. I actually like the ghost dragon idea though.
Rioter Comments
: Yeah... it seems to try and keep you at 50%. Whenever I play I can win 2-3 games easily, I win lane/get decent teammates. After that though, I usually end up facing someone who beats me 3/0 with junglers that die to blue, or teammates that can't be bothered to watch the map ect. Essentially it feels like there are two extremes. 1. You are doing poorly, here is a team that can work together/a lane opponent who tower dives at lvl 1 ect. 2 You just won 2 games, you must be plat level and can carry games solo, here is a plat level lane opponent and teammates who do worse than beginner bots in lane.
Thank you! Someone else who realizes how stupid this matchmaking system is. Finally, someone without Riots dick in their mouth.
Rcool64 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=apunasatapulobin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AuLmcEbA,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2015-07-29T13:10:18.159+0000) > > I never said they were messing with just me dumbass. I said their system is fucking rigged to keep your overall W/L ratio (in Ranked at least) as close as possible to 50%. AND when you start to go on a win streak, your teammates get worse and the enemies get better. Now I can't say for 100% sure that its happening to everyone (I assume it is) but it sure as shit happens to me. > > Also, if you think it isn't in Riots best interest to keep high Elo exclusive, you are fucking retarded. Anything is possible, if anyone really puts work into it, they can reach diamond (even though I never said that). The matchmaking system does not necessarily keep your W/L ratio at 50 all the time. Even if it did, pro players are happy to have the W/L ratio at above 50. If you get paired up with bad teammates, they could be having a bad day or have bad timing. Riot doesn't put them there on purpose to derank you. But like you said, maybe it's just happening to you.
Refer to my comment below. Yes, anyone can reach Diamond (and I'm not saying I'm Diamond worthy, I'm not) if they play enough. Thats why the Ranked system is set up the way it is; to try and encourage people to play as much as possible. The more people play, the more $$$ Riot makes.
: F**k you Riot.
I would love for someone from Riot to come to this thread and tell me that I'm wrong. Because I've been playing this game for 2.5 years and all the evidence supports my claims. Until someone from Riot tells me otherwise, I firmly believe that this game rigs certain matches for or against you, depending on your W/L ratio and how many games you've won or lost in a row. And they do this to make it harder for you to climb, so you spend more time playing their game. Edit: And I also believe that they use their report system to help skew games. So when someone AFKs and you report them, all you're doing is ensuring that that person ends up on your team when you've won 5 games in a row and you're in promos. (And to all you dumbasses out there who would take this literally, I'm obviously not saying that _exact_ person will end up on your team, I'm just trying to help you understand).
Rcool64 (NA)
: Oh yes, the system is so rigged! Because Riot has the time to mess with one individual player and screw him over from advancing ranks. Its totally not because of bad luck or lack of responsibility or even skill, it's all riots fault we can't climb! Seriously though, please don't make a public thread insulting riot, it's not like they did this on purpose. Everyone is going to have bad games, you either try to make the best out of them or play when you aren't on tilt.
I never said they were messing with just me dumbass. I said their system is fucking rigged to keep your overall W/L ratio (in Ranked at least) as close as possible to 50%. AND when you start to go on a win streak, your teammates get worse and the enemies get better. Now I can't say for 100% sure that its happening to everyone (I assume it is) but it sure as shit happens to me. Also, if you think it isn't in Riots best interest to keep high Elo exclusive, you are fucking retarded.
: Yea i just won 10 games in a row got to my plat 3 promos, got matched with complete idiots who did not even know how to play the game...... failed them lost 2 more so far down to plat 4 39 lp atm =[
Win streak/Lose streak. Thats how this game works. Its not your fault. Its Riots stupid fucking matchmaking system.
: F**k you Riot.
LOL the same people downvoting me are probably the same people who deny that duo'ing completely tilts the game in the enemy teams favor as well. Probably the same people that refuse to accept this game should have had voice chat and a replay function implemented 5 years ago. Riot fanboys are too funny.
: F**k you Riot.
Dude I swear to God this game is straight rigged. The system sets it up for you to maintain an overall 50% W/L ratio. And if you start winning more than 3-4 games in a row the game will start to skew the match in the enemy teams favor more and more until you lose. I swear I get an AFK or a troll or someone who just flat out fucking sucks every single time I start to go on a win streak. It literally happens every time.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
FooDang (NA)
: Hello, Mcfly...they still have a keyboard...
> [{quoted}](name=FooDang,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qPYEOth0,comment-id=0008000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-05-23T01:10:49.161+0000) > > Hello Mcfly...they still have a keyboard... ...lol I'm saying mute them on the keyboard...rofl
FooDang (NA)
: What if I get harassed for not using VoIP? Are you going to explain it to my therapist that it was beneficial to the betterment of LoL players at my detriment?
> [{quoted}](name=FooDang,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qPYEOth0,comment-id=00080000000000000000,timestamp=2015-05-23T01:04:42.057+0000) > > What if I get harassed for not using VoIP? Are you going to explain it to my therapist that it was beneficial to the betterment of LoL players at my detriment? How could you possibly get harassed? If someone doesn't like that you aren't using voice chat, just mute them. You didn't want to hear them anyway.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Elias1724,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qPYEOth0,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2015-05-23T01:02:15.057+0000) > > Ok. You are probably right since most people are likely not to be running this on a high end gaming rig. Fact is though, a mic is a luxury, not a necessity. You won't need a mic to play it, you can still communicate through text and pings. But if you choose to get one, you can communicate _while_ playing, which honestly every multiplayer game that requires the coordination that league does should have. ^This so much. Also, he said he plays on a 2007 Vista, which more than likely has a microphone and camera built into it. For most people the option is there without having to spend a single cent.
FooDang (NA)
: I grasp your concept fine...I'm saying I wouldn't use it...I don't get what's so hard to grasp about that...
That's fine. But can you at least see how it would benefit players? And wouldn't effect you in the slightest?
FooDang (NA)
: The main reason I wouldn't use Voice Chat... I don't want to talk to any of you... Or hear you...at all...
And you would have the choice to turn off Voice Chat so you would never have to hear anybody. I don't get whats so hard to grasp about this...
: ***
^BINGO!!!!!!!! Thats it folks! We have a WINNER!!!!!! *ding ding ding ding*!!!!!
: > [{quoted}](name=apunasatapulobin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qPYEOth0,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2015-05-23T00:10:16.823+0000) > > Here's what I don't understand...if you encounter harassment, why is it so hard to simply mute the person and then report them after? > > > Here's another thing: Almost every laptop/computer built after 2000 or so, has a mic and camera built into it. So unless you're playing on an ancient computer with windows 98 on it, you probably wouldn't even have to spend a single cent to talk over voice chat with your teammates. here is what YOU don't understand. If people are not muting dickwads NOW, why would people mute them after the voice chat? i don't give a damn about built in mics since those sound so horrible that you must be extremely desperate to even use them
I don't understand what you are complaining about. How does someone ELSE not using mute effect you in any way whatsoever? And if you don't want to use voice chat THAT IS YOUR CHOICE. But since most computers have microphones built into them, the option would most likely be available to you FOR FREE. And if you don't want to use the built in microphone, then you have the absolute freedom to buy a mic at whatever price range is comfortable to you. OR, again, you can just not use voice chat. So please, explain to me, what you are complaining about?
: > I've heard people argue that Voice Chat would bring more toxicity to the League community,** but I argue that the exact opposite would occur**. It is really easy to rage behind a keyboard, but screaming at someone over the phone or into a mic is entirely different. **Hearing a person's reaction to being belittled brings a more human element into the situation,** and I feel that most people would avoid raging because of this. However, if someone is yelling or cursing at you and you don't want to hear it anymore, the solution would obviously be as simple as clicking a button to mute them. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Are we on the same internet?
kanacho (NA)
: The real issue are the toxic players. Sure you could provide a "mute mic" button, but really, it's the same thing with text chat. Even if you mute a player AFTER they start acting toxic, they already had the opportunity to be toxic, and i feel like people would cuss/curse non-stop at their teammates.
I disagree with you that players would just curse and rage all the time. But its like you said, they can do it through a keyboard anyway, so what does adding voice chat change? They'll have the opportunity to do it either way before they get muted.
: You're looking at it the wrong way. Having your physical voice say something is less anonymous than typing out physical words that have no connection your physical you. I do believe having to verbally say things would intimidate one to become toxic.
> [{quoted}](name=Rootworth,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qPYEOth0,comment-id=0002000100000000,timestamp=2015-05-23T00:13:18.795+0000) > > You're looking at it the wrong way. Having your physical voice say something is less anonymous than typing out physical words that have no connection your physical you. I do believe having to verbally say things would intimidate one to become toxic. ^ On this point, I agree entirely.
: Adding voice chat would make the file size bigger and would be a waste. There's already skype, teamspeak, mumble, and curse voice. If you want to have better communication, just download those voice chat programs. I find less and less people using curse voice now a days, so skype would be a better program to download (if you don't already have it).
I appreciate the advice, but I disagree that it would be a waste. Also in Solo Q I highly doubt you would ever be able to set up a skype connection with your teammates before the game starts. AND you wouldn't be able to discuss a pick/ban strategy over voice either.
: > [{quoted}](name=apunasatapulobin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qPYEOth0,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2015-05-22T23:56:38.614+0000) > > You have a very low opinion of people. I play a lot of online games and I very VERY rarely get harassed. Again, it is one thing to swear at someone through a keyboard and an entirely different thing to swear and yell at them over voice chat. I also highly doubt people would spam noises to annoy you, but if it did happen you could end it in about a quarter of a second by clicking a button. > > It seems like League players are really behind the times. Almost every single online game released today has a voice chat function. i could care less about what every other online game has that this doesn't, i have had plenty of people spamming random noises in online games and being dickwads and yelling profanities just for the sake of being asses. Good for you if you rarely get harassed, i am not you and i have different experiences. Just like there are people who have a dick in their games pretty regularly in League while others rarely ever see one. It also then comes at the expense that you will be forced to get a mic and will be forced to hear other people talking even if you don't want to since now the team with the most people using voice chat is going to have an advantage over the team that isn't using it (assuming they actually use it for it's intended purposes and not to troll)
Here's what I don't understand...if you encounter harassment, why is it so hard to simply mute the person and then report them after? Here's another thing: Almost every laptop/computer built after 2000 or so, has a mic and camera built into it. So unless you're playing on an ancient computer with windows 98 on it, you probably wouldn't even have to spend a single cent to talk over voice chat with your teammates.
Krigjer (NA)
: Curse Voice exists. It was really popular when it first released but has lost steam. I still use it and link it when I play, but some people just aren't interested.
I installed CV but then I uninstalled it once Riot said that people shouldn't have it installed. I feel that a LOT more people would use voice chat if it was an official implementation from Riot.
: I think there is a reason why people disagree with your idea and even with your posts replying to me.
Their reasons are beyond me. In my opinion adding voice chat to League would do nothing but good. I stated my reasons and if they disagree that is their right, but I don't understand it a single bit. Edit: I honestly think it could be because a lot of people who play League are just anti-social and don't like talking to people, which is sad.
: if people don't mute players when they are literally insulting them in their face what makes you think that they will mute people now? you will now also add a brand new form of harassment and a brand new way of people being complete and total dicks by just spamming random annoying noises in voice chat and the instant you "disable" voice chat then you might as well not even have it anymore and it does nothing but make the file size bigger. Sorry but no, i rather not have dickwads get another way to annoy me
You have a very low opinion of people. I play a lot of online games and I very VERY rarely get harassed. Again, it is one thing to swear at someone through a keyboard and an entirely different thing to swear and yell at them over voice chat. I also highly doubt people would spam noises to annoy you, but if it did happen you could end it in about a quarter of a second by clicking a button. It seems like League players are really behind the times. Almost every single online game released today has a voice chat function.
: I play on a 2007 Vista. I don't have a mic.
So either: A: Buy one (a cheap one is like 10-15 dollars) or B: Dont. (And then NOTHING changes for you).
HyperWoIf (EUW)
: the reason it will never happen is because there is enough toxicity in the game as it is, imagine adding voice chat!....
Did you read my entire post? I propose to you that Voice Chat would NOT create more toxicity, but actually REDUCE the amount of toxicity among the League player-base.
: I meant quality issues with mics. And forcing players to purchase mics hurts the business of being a 'free game'.
There are tons of online games that have working voice chat functionality and "issues with the mics" doesn't ever seem to be a problem for them. And if someone's mic is bugging out or causing a problem for you, just mute them. And again, nobody is forcing you to spend money on a mic. You would still be able to use a mouse and keyboard to communicate with your teammates just as you do now. Adding voice chat would not change anything for you. Also, if you want to get super technical, you had to spend money on a computer, a monitor, a mouse, a keyboard, and internet to play this "free" game.
: Quality issues are a main concern and by the way, not everyone has a mic.
> [{quoted}](name=Rootworth,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qPYEOth0,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2015-05-22T23:32:11.985+0000) > > Quality issues are a main concern and by the way, not everyone has a mic. But no one would be forcing you to use Voice Chat. And you can buy a cheap mic for 10-15 dollars. I have a friend who uses the headphones that came with her Iphone as a mic on Playstation. And of course quality issues would be a concern to everyone, including the people working to implement the function. Obviously it would have to go through rigorous testing and some time on the PBE before launched live.
Rioter Comments
: Can't login?
having weird problems. cant find a match, can't close out the game.
Rioter Comments
: Dear Riot, So far I believe this "mastery" system has been a bust and will eventually be bad for business. I've been in several games where people have seen their scores, even in a winning game, and the harsh truth that they were carried and/or did poorly hurts them. So far I've played a few games as Sion in this system and have gotten a B, B+ and an A while others on my teams have gotten upset and/or raged to the point they needed to log off to cool down. It is my belief that getting bad grades on a regular basis is going to end up discouraging people from playing their favorite champions or discourage people from playing the game. Without giving names, a player I was in a game with ( she was on the other team ) got a "D" for her score in spite of putting up a valiant effort. She had put in a lot of work for her game, even seemingly holding off our entire team at one point. To come out of the game she put so much effort into only to see her contributions were ranked "D" was simply to much for her and caused a fight with her friend who had gotten a higher grade. I'm sure many more incidents like the above have and/or will take place and eventually contribute to the toxic attitude that many players have when it comes to their rank. While Grades are currently only visible to the person that earned them all it takes is a change of that to further divide the community. Comments like "STFU Bronze Scrub" might now be coupled with comments like "You're a shitty D+ [champion name] so don't talk to me" or the like. Adding onto this, the fact this is titled "Champion Mastery" is somewhat misleading. With no decay possible for absent/bad playing it seems that even AFKers, players bad with X champion or players who've left the game ( and would need to re-adjust to the game and their former champions upon return ) can be a "Master" simply by using the champion. I feel with how you've set this up there is little incentive to actually play with champions for the sake of self-improvement given you've made getting the master/mastery crest sound pretty easy. Finally, I would like to point out that upsetting players risks losing customers. While I doubt this new system alone will end the game it may be worth balancing this system so it not only functions more like a "mastery" system with decay and better rewards to work for in order to keep potential customers. Maybe a player who scores an average rank of "A" on a champion could gain access to a skin, Influence Point boost while using that champion, etc. By giving players something to not only work, but a reason to play 3-4 hours a week you keep potential customers engaged in spite of a potentially bad grade. If I'm missing something please let me know, Mr. Beane.
I would LOVE to be able to see other people's champion grades. That way if I get some scrub with a D rated Zed, I can dodge just dodge and not waste my time.
: And I am telling you your teammates are not getting worse and you have a real issue with thinking it is them and not yourself. MMR is not flawed your reasoning is. By trying to keep them at a 50% by matching them against harder and harder opponents you will eventually reach your correct mmr. This is all based on your perspective and not on fact. I explained how mmr worked and you want to live in your own little world of denial. You should go back to playing single player games. IT IS NOT YOUR TEAMMATES WHO ARE GETTING BAD. They are meant to be at that mmr. You however since you start losing CONSISTENTLY after a few wins should not be. I will not be responding to you again as you have no concept of reality and want to blame others while living in your world of denial.
I'm not the only one who's noticed it broseph. The fact that this video has almost 300,000 views and almost 6000 likes says something. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHW8oriCutE
: Whats funny is they do have a algorithm to try to make your matches as close to 50% as possible. This is called MMR. You have a hidden mmr that is matched against your opponents. If you beat someone with Higher mmr you gain mmr if you lose you lose mmr. This is called matchmaking. It is based on a ELO system. This is how they determine who you should be playing against. However they don't match you with bad players on your own team. They just match you against hard people on the enemy team making it hard to win. This needs to be done or you would see Diamonds pubstomping Bronze every game. Just because you want to be matched down so you can "carry" doesn't mean you should be. If you can't understand MMR then go play a single player game.
I don't think you understand what I'm even saying, so let me explain it to you like I would my kid brother. If I win 3 games in a row, all of the sudden, my teammates start to get really bad. Thats not fair. I should still be matched with teammates that are on the same skill level as myself. That way, I can still have a chance to win. If I'm winning a lot, then I should be matched against better enemies but my teammates should also be better. If I'm losing a lot, I should get matched against worse enemies but my teammates should also get worse. Not stay the same. Not get better. Thats not fair. I understand MMR moron, but MMR is not a good indicator of a players skill because the matchmaking process itself is fundamentally flawed by trying to keep all its players at an overall 50% win ratio. Your overall win ratio should have ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT in the matchmaking process, because when it does, really good players can have with a low a MMR if they keep getting matched with shitheads for teammates. Just like you can have a really bad player with really high MMR if he gets carried a lot (i.e. they lose multiple games in a row, then they get better teammates and worse enemies and get carried).
: > [{quoted}](name=apunasatapulobin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=O4MJkUcw,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2015-02-11T18:56:30.781+0000) > > lol dude, I was on my way to Gold last season. Easily. And I play with Gold/Plat players all the time. I know someone who was ranked Diamond (his 3v3 team was ranked Challenger) last season and I watched him fail to carry multiple games in Bronze. > > That being said, matchmaking is flawed. The system is set up to keep its players at an overall 50% win ratio which MAKES NO SENSE. Instead, it should be set up to give every player a 50% chance of winning every game REGARDLESS of their overall win ratio. I don't give a shit if someone out there literally wins 100% of his games, he should still have a 50% chance to win every game he plays. Does that not compute? Your argument is Match Making is Flawed. Your evidence: The more I win the harder it gets.... meaning it matches you against people, that win as much as you do, to keep matches balanced. How is that not evidence of match making working perfectly? Another post mentioned you are 6/10 in your last ten games... you're over a 50% win rate... but arguing that "match making is bad". No, an examination of your match history shows bad counter picking, bad team comps, and pretty even games. As a person who plays with Golds / Plats / "Diamond Challenger" I would assume they would help you or you'd learn something from them?
> [{quoted}](name=Arliden,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=O4MJkUcw,comment-id=00030000000000000001,timestamp=2015-02-11T19:00:30.955+0000) > > Your argument is Match Making is Flawed. Your evidence: The more I win the harder it gets.... meaning it matches you against people, that win as much as you do, to keep matches balanced. How is that not evidence of match making working perfectly? > No no no...you're not understanding. The more I win, the harder it gets, but not because I'm playing AGAINST better people (usually they are slightly better, but the skill difference is very small) its because I'm playing WITH worse people. It works the exact opposite way when I lose multiple games in a row. The people I'm playing WITH get slightly better, but the people I'm playing AGAINST get way worse.
Show more

apunasatapulobin

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion