: I'm afraid that's just not possible. The balance team would have nothing to do but sit around and eat donuts all day.
> [{quoted}](name=OneMustFall,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vdGMRxuO,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-06T21:21:14.418+0000) > > I'm afraid that's just not possible. The balance team would have nothing to do but sit around and eat donuts all day. if that were truly the case, it would mean that they have too many people working on balance pretty sure that's not true early season tends to be more turbulent than past mid season though
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: October 31
Have the Corki buffs planned for 8.21 been abandoned?
: > [{quoted}](name=koochario,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vGqrRT1f,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-06-03T21:37:29.115+0000) > > It's probably a small sample since Rumble has a pick rate lower than 2%. I think Rumble's main issue is that the tops he faces (such as Irelia, Camille, Jax and the like) all scale very well and fit team comps better.. This depresses Rumble's late game win rate. However, Rumble has a strong early and is a totally different champion from Ekko. This doesn't really have relevance and I have almost never played Rumble.. I also can't verify your numbers. I'm seeing 49% for top and 70% mid in Diamond+ (clear sample issues). yes for the 8 people playing rumble top and the 3 people playing rumble mid in diamond. but if you have a champ drop below 40% at any point in the game something is truly wrong no matter what any champ can get fed and win the game early with lvl advantage and gold. so for you to say his win rate is better early is kinda stupid most diamond games last 23 mins. so that just proves my point even more.
> [{quoted}](name=Bazooka Blade,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vGqrRT1f,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-03T22:29:51.511+0000) > > yes for the 8 people playing rumble top and the 3 people playing rumble mid in diamond. > but if you have a champ drop below 40% at any point in the game something is truly wrong no matter what any champ can get fed and win the game early with lvl advantage and gold. so for you to say his win rate is better early is kinda stupid most diamond games last 23 mins. so that just proves my point even more. go make a Rumble thread lol
Meddler (NA)
: Supports are down noticeably more gold than the other positions as you'd expect. Breakdown looks roughly like this at 35 minutes: Top -325 Mid -260 Jungle -250 (though with the largest variance depending on the champion in question) Bot -250 Support -420
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=VA1W87yI,comment-id=00120000,timestamp=2018-05-23T17:55:39.905+0000) when are AS buffs for jg like Nunu, Ekko, Noct, etc.? they still coming in 8.11 or are we getting some back on machete? ik some, such as udyr are already doing well but many aren't
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: May 23
Remove the rng PLEASE!!! It feels so bad and 1 minute is not enough to path properly If you want people to contest it then make it a reasonable timer... so sick of enemy jg scuttler rng.... I'm at krugs and then it randomly spawns top... strategic role btw {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} MARK the ground for the next spawn like you do for dragon level 4 jg when lanes are 6 feels awful also
Yuvn Ti (NA)
: I'm a khazix main and I'm even surprised you didn't say hes bs
> [{quoted}](name=Yuvn Ti,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=M3FleK2F,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-05-22T19:53:57.305+0000) > > I'm a khazix main and I'm even surprised you didn't say hes bs probably because he's already on track to get changed
: That new jgl is terrible
I'm level 4 while laners are 6... ridiculous
Dragfin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Rylalei,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2LkJ67zM,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-05-23T16:55:11.891+0000) > > So here's a funny thing, most talks about balance on the boards, along the claims that Riot is all silvers and doesn't know how to balance are made by <plat players, aka, golds, silvers and bronzies. Now let's take a bit of questioning, shall we? > > In a post quite a bit back, the highest known rank of a Riot employee is Diamond 3 (if there are higher ones and I don't know, please inform me and I'll change this and give credit). Now, here comes the questions: (I'll let you know my opinions later) > > - If Riot doesn't know any balance, having their highest at D3, then subsequently, players who are bellow that rank, including both me, and all the forum criers, do not know balance, correct? > - If ranks don't matter, then all the claims that "Riot are silvers, so they don't know balance" are invalid, meaning there is a difference from the type of balance players want and the type of balance Riot wants, and nothing more, correct? > > Now let's change that perspective a bit: > > Considering that most players in lower elos have a mentality set in stone that is in the lines of the following 3 aspects, we can make some conclusions, but first, the 3 aspects: (Those 3 aspects are taken by considering all players in the match are overall the same skill, as a player, as we can't know someone's skill on the champ correctly, so keep that in mind) > - Enemy player has a bad game? LuL, you suck, I got zkillz > - Ally player has a bad game? Reprot, noob lost me game > - Player himself has a bad game? Reprot my team, noobs don't help > (they got no reply for when being outplayed, as they can never be outplayed, either the enemy is hacking, or the allies int) > > Now, why a player has a bad game is something that's game to game basis, maybe tilt that didn't wear off from a previous game even tho a break was taken (guilt of that), unknown match-up or faced with a good player in a match-up you used to win until that point, lack of knowing how to play when behind on certain champs (guilty of that), playing a champ you are not 100% confident on because your main was banned, being camped, having a bad game due to an ally suffering of the above, got outplayed, and many others (screw that, I'm guilty of all of the above). > > Why did I went on and said all that? To make it easier to understand what type of balance the majority of the player base wants: they (the majority) want to do the same things every game they always did, regardless of the way their team performs, and win. Many say they want a fair game, but most want a fair game where THEY win, not just to play a fair game. > > In my opinion, the last few patches, the game got more and more balanced, but with a twist, players are required to adapt and improvise, so doing the same thing over and over won't work. Which is a good thing for the game, because good players that can adapt and improvise will move up in the ladder, while the bad ones, well, I'll tell you a joke someone told me later, but take no offence, it's just a joke. > > Now, what did I mean with adapt and improvise? Think at the 1 scuttler, lower ranked players complain that they need to compromise their pathing to take it, and many do that, so what does that allow us to do? Say you are bot side, scuttle spawns top side, you got 3 options: > - If the enemy stops the clear and goes for it, clear his side for him, he will appreciate it. > - If he did clear and goes for it, gank the bot lane, most players will expect you to go and duel for the scuttler, not to abandon it and gank. Enemy jungler gets 1 scuttle, your team gets 2 kills and 4 assists (there are 2 enemies, so 2 kills, but the other 2 players who didn't get the kill will get an assists, and since's 2 time 2, it's 4, just in case someone was wondering where I got the number) worth of gold. > - Can't clear for him nor gank bot, gank mid, then collapse on the jungler along your mid laner. > > Will a lower rank player think of doing one of the above actively? No. Because they will say those things aren't possible, because XYZ and forgot to call No. 39 so they can't rank up. > > Yes, I get it, you can't do it every game, but you can abuse things that happen around the map. Many players who play early gankers will do a Buff > Scuttler > gank mid > Scuttle pathing, because Mobalitycs and other youtube vids said that that is the best pathing, so what you can do, is clear their jungle, since there will be camps for the taking. If they don't and play normally, what's the difference? > > Now, what did all that have to do with the title? Simple. Pointing out that the balance Riot wants is different from the balance the majority of the community wants, many of whom are lower ranks, and thus, most of the lower ranked players' opinion on balance should not be considered as good in the overall way Riot wants it to be balanced. The majority say they want to out play and win, have a fair game, even if they lose, but if they get outplayed, then it's broken, Riot wants the better player to outplay the other, be it you, or your opponent. What is a fair game in the opinion of that majority? A game where they carry and win or a game where they feed their ass off, but the team pulls off a win regardless. If they carry and the enemy team shut them down, push for the win in a long game, it's the team's fault for the loss, not their's for overextending or misplaying. If they can't carry and the enemy team wins, it's the team's fault for not being good enough. > > Yes, Riot does fuck up things many times, but this time, at least in my opinion, credits must be given where credit is due, as Riot did a fantastic job and the game feels a lot better now than it was a while ago. > > As for the joke: > Q: How many bronze players are needed to change a light bulb? > A: Noone knows, as they can't climb the ladder. *badumtzz* > > (I hope noone will take the joke as an offence, it's just a joke, if you feel offended, well, deal with it. Yes, I know there are players who got out of Bronze [raises hand] and I know many can do that if they try and stop blaming, but until then, I'll tell you use the same patch FromSoftware told people who were complaining Dark Souls is too hard to use: git gud) > > Let's try to keep it civilized, and as I said, I do not want to offend anyone, if you feel like I was poking fun at you, I wasn't, it was at the general concept of "bronze is bad", not at you personally, so again, keep it civilized and let's have a fun discussion. > > {{sticker:galio-happy}} {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}} Anyone who thinks rank has anything to do with knowledge about balance is ignorant. Gaming experience and understanding how the game actually works means alot more. League is based on team play and is balanced accordingly with tweaks here and there.. Most people whine and bitch about balance because they base it on 1v1. That's the ignorant part. That's my two cents anyway.
> [{quoted}](name=Dragfin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2LkJ67zM,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-23T17:05:47.159+0000) > > Anyone who thinks rank has anything to do with knowledge about balance is ignorant. Gaming experience and understanding how the game actually works means alot more. League is based on team play and is balanced accordingly with tweaks here and there.. Most people whine and bitch about balance because they base it on 1v1. That's the ignorant part. That's my two cents anyway. rank corelates highly with game knowledge
: Discussion: Does your rank matter when talking game balance?
yes, obviously how else can you claim to truly understand the game?
VvVVvV (NA)
: yes.....blue side team has lower mmr average than red side....so if you are blue side when you win you gain more lp and when you lose you lose more lp than you would on red side.
> [{quoted}](name=VvVVvV,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=39oh55XH,comment-id=00010001000100000000,timestamp=2018-05-22T05:13:19.186+0000) > > yes.....blue side team has lower mmr average than red side....so if you are blue side when you win you gain more lp and when you lose you lose more lp than you would on red side. lose less LP you mean? anyway, is this MMR difference on sides just likely or always true?
VvVVvV (NA)
: Just because you disagree doesnt mean I am wrong. You are ignoring what i said and putting your own twist on it to suite your argument. Again i told you "op.gg is not accurate, the mmr you see is not your actual mmr.... its just a estimate using their own formula... just to give you something to go by" Unlike you i will not tell you you are wrong for something I do not know exactly....I will just say i dont agree. I've actually had 3 remakes in a row before , i've never seen my mmr drop from a remake. Also, as far as LP gains.....you can be on a win streak and still see your LP gains fluctuate. If your team starts top side of the map...your team has the higher average mmr....so they are favored to win.......when you win a game and your team has the higher mmr average you will gain LESS LP than you would of if your team had the lower mmr average. So you can not just assume you gained less LP because you had a remake.
> [{quoted}](name=VvVVvV,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=39oh55XH,comment-id=000100010001,timestamp=2018-05-22T03:37:39.221+0000) > > Just because you disagree doesnt mean I am wrong. You are ignoring what i said and putting your own twist on it to suite your argument. > > Again i told you "op.gg is not accurate, the mmr you see is not your actual mmr.... its just a estimate using their own formula... just to give you something to go by" > > Unlike you i will not tell you you are wrong for something I do not know exactly....I will just say i dont agree. I've actually had 3 remakes in a row before , i've never seen my mmr drop from a remake. > > Also, as far as LP gains.....you can be on a win streak and still see your LP gains fluctuate. If your team starts top side of the map...your team has the higher average mmr....so they are favored to win.......when you win a game and your team has the higher mmr average you will gain LESS LP than you would of if your team had the lower mmr average. So you can not just assume you gained less LP because you had a remake. wait, really? top start = higher mmr confirmed?
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=VvVVvV,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=39oh55XH,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-22T03:13:57.790+0000) > > dont worry about it. op.gg is not accurate........the mmr you see is not even your actual mmr....its just a estimate using their own formula...just to give you something to go by. No you're wrong, OP.GG may not be accurate but it also doesn't lie. Remake and Loss Prevented drop your MMR, Riot just deny that it doesn't that's why they don't share Player's actual MMR. And also to prove why it does drop your MMR still is seeing how much LP you earn every game. Let's Pretend you are earning 30LP per win, and then all of a sudden you have 10 remake by your team and a couple of loss Prevented, you can start seeing the affect on your LP earn. It will drop. Happen to me last season but Riot refuse to believe it
> [{quoted}](name=Kamehaamehaa,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=39oh55XH,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-05-22T03:23:06.107+0000) > > No you're wrong, OP.GG may not be accurate but it also doesn't lie. > > Remake and Loss Prevented drop your MMR, Riot just deny that it doesn't that's why they don't share Player's actual MMR. > > And also to prove why it does drop your MMR still is seeing how much LP you earn every game. > > Let's Pretend you are earning 30LP per win, and then all of a sudden you have 10 remake by your team and a couple of loss Prevented, you can start seeing the affect on your LP earn. It will drop. > > Happen to me last season but Riot refuse to believe it that makes no sense... hope this is wrong
Zerenza (NA)
: So found a pretty good Jungle Path.
graves, shaco, udyr, xin all busted and super oppressive rn... actually really bad why would they be at the bot scuttler if they started bot? seems odd and inefficient
: I'm sorry am i reading PBE right?
they need to gut Zoe not Taliyah
VvVVvV (NA)
: dont worry about it. op.gg is not accurate........the mmr you see is not even your actual mmr....its just a estimate using their own formula...just to give you something to go by.
> [{quoted}](name=VvVVvV,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=39oh55XH,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-22T03:13:57.790+0000) > > dont worry about it. op.gg is not accurate........the mmr you see is not even your actual mmr....its just a estimate using their own formula...just to give you something to go by. sure but I'd rather not have my KDA and winrate affected for a game that doesn't count
: The F-ing New Guys at Riot are repeating mistakes from 7+ years ago.
zoe is def. bad design but the scuttler change bothers me more it should also not be rng... VERY BAD IDEA terrible design... 1 minute is not enough to adapt pathing.... the enemy jg can just take it by randomly being closer.... very unfair and stupid they could jus put a map mark for where he next one will spawn at ALL times... like a little drawing in the scuttler shrine area
: Scuttle Crab should be an optional choice, not a MANDATORY OBJECTIVE
it should also not be rng terrible design... 1 minute is not enough to adapt pathing.... the enemy jg can just take it by randomly being closer.... very unfair and stupid they could jus put a map mark for where the next one will spawn at ALL times... like a little drawing in the scuttler shrine area
: Long list of reasons why Riot's team does a bad job (personal opinion)
they get more and more aggressive with changes... early seasons didn't have this thus, they mess up a lot and make balance mediocre... can't balance something that has no stability
Verxint (NA)
: All they had to do was reduce the XP from camps so it was Buff-camp-buff-camp to get level 3 instead of buff-camp-buff. That would have been fine. Also, you didn't even have to die to the toplane gank. The enemy jungler just showing up was enough to give the other guy wave control and have your lane fucked over. If you were red side top you basically accepted that you probably lost the early game.
> [{quoted}](name=Verxint,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=klPaOMm4,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-05-19T02:44:18.467+0000) > > All they had to do was reduce the XP from camps so it was Buff-camp-buff-camp to get level 3 instead of buff-camp-buff. That would have been fine. > > Also, you didn't even have to die to the toplane gank. The enemy jungler just showing up was enough to give the other guy wave control and have your lane fucked over. If you were red side top you basically accepted that you probably lost the early game. Why? Jg was 3 camps for level 3 pretty much forever and most laners die even when hey know where the enemy jg starts.
: "League isn't dying and people telling so are wrong and toxic about the meta"
I still have a lot of fun but scuttler is too important and respawns way too fast.
: The good ole "report *blank* they are inting" when the guy is just getting camped and their jg and other lanes are not adapting and helping out.
> [{quoted}](name=webstar1108,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7u4EpGKk,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-14T18:32:46.875+0000) > > The good ole "report *blank* they are inting" when the guy is just getting camped and their jg and other lanes are not adapting and helping out. That at least you can see and always be the one to judge yourself. You can never see enemy team chat.
: > [{quoted}](name=RacerX4114,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=B3kWBlWr,comment-id=001f,timestamp=2018-05-11T16:13:22.546+0000) > > @meddler why do you always end your post with that ziggs picture? hes not even your most played champion in the last 2 seasons So it's confirmed the father abandoned his son =( Fun fact: Ziggs is the least banned champion out of 140 champions. He is sitting last at 140 (source op.gg). He is banned 0.03% of the time. Basically no one cares nor scared about Ziggs cause he has no real 1 v 1 threat. Players know they can bully Ziggs.
> [{quoted}](name=Ugly Alien,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=B3kWBlWr,comment-id=001f0000,timestamp=2018-05-11T20:49:01.677+0000) > > So it's confirmed the father abandoned his son =( > > Fun fact: Ziggs is the least banned champion out of 140 champions. He is sitting last at 140 (source op.gg). He is banned 0.03% of the time. Basically no one cares nor scared about Ziggs cause he has no real 1 v 1 threat. Players know they can bully Ziggs. Ziggs is still trash. Sub 2.5% pick rate and barely a 50% winrate. Even Lux is better now and she has 2x the pick rate as well as more utility. He needs better scaling on W in exchange for less turret damage from passive. I mean, who even cares about turret damage now? Regular APs slice through turrets too. I don't even need to buy Lich Bane anymore! Turrets are nothing but a free gold sink. I'd much rather have W scale another 25% AP in damage so I can all-in effectively. Or maybe 5% more AP on Q (but that's probably more annoying to face than W since it's so spammable). Idk, but his late game should be a lot better considering he can't solo-carry and one-shot like a Fizz can or even a Xerath can. The Liandry's change really sucked for him as a poke champion. He's also really vulnerable. His damage isn't even bad at all if he can hit consistently but that's not realistic. Maybe I'm just bad with his W as an escape but I get killed so much that even if I have the damage to carry, I can't do it.
Chermorg (NA)
: The phrase "kys" means, unequivocally and regardless of context, "kill yourself". If someone on their team had seen that, that phrase is almost universally used to suggest someone commit suicide - at least on the internet that is how it is used. Them "repurposing" it to be used in a non-toxic context does not eliminate the fact someone else will likely still interpret it as "commit suicide". Your own desire to use toxic and grossly inappropriate phrases as "banter" does not mean that is appropriate. Hate speech and telling others to commit suicide - *or saying things which are virtually universally intended to be those two things* - are never going to be acceptable "banter".
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WP7N9RU6,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-07T22:51:34.713+0000) > > The phrase "kys" means, unequivocally and regardless of context, "kill yourself". > > If someone on their team had seen that, that phrase is almost universally used to suggest someone commit suicide - at least on the internet that is how it is used. Them "repurposing" it to be used in a non-toxic context does not eliminate the fact someone else will likely still interpret it as "commit suicide". > > Your own desire to use toxic and grossly inappropriate phrases as "banter" does not mean that is appropriate. Hate speech and telling others to commit suicide - *or saying things which are virtually universally intended to be those two things* - are never going to be acceptable "banter". "Yourself" in the context of gameplay often doesn't refer to a person. Let's say I typed "Fiora killed herself under the enemy turret." or "Teemo, you need to buy yourself Chain Vest." Am I talking about the real life players behind the champion? Obviously not and the OP itself refutes this claim of context not mattering. I'll grant that you're right in 90% of scenarios though. Of those, probably 5% are said sarcastically or as a joke when dying in some really unfortunate/lucky way and there's nothing mean about it. Either way, I still think it's stupid to consider this worse than any other bad chat behavior. It must be some PR move because it literally doesn't matter to me or anyone I know if someone says that relative to just saying "you're complete retarded trash and the game's all your fault." It seems arbitrary. No one who is at all mentally stable would ever act on it anyway and those who would probably would do it regardless so it would just be some excuse that someone said it in a video game. They might have done it just because it rained outside or whatever other reason. I'm not making light of suicide but my point is that if someone is in any way influenced by someone typing "kys" in a video game, literally almost anything could influence them that way. Toxicity isn't about keywords or phrases. Inappropriate is purely subjective and there's nothing inappropriate about that in the context presented. Reasonable people, even those without a developed sense of humor, still realize there's no malicious intent. Stop this terrible and completely ridiculous mentality of labelling everything toxic just because in most contexts it can be. Neither language nor human beings work that way. At the very least acknowledge it's a shitty system and hope for better in the future. Don't ignorantly pretend that it makes sense and is good. You just seem like a tool doing that. It's so far from good that it's unclear to me if it doesn't alienate as many players as it helps - probably leading to about a neutral effect in terms of satisfaction.
Chermorg (NA)
: The act of telling someone to commit suicide, while it has become "common" on the internet, is not "funny" or a joke. He may have intended it to be clear that it was directed at the champion in game. However, the phrase itself really has no place in League - there are better ways to say it. Keep in mind that you and him are not the only players in the game - other players had to see what he said to you, and they may not be privy to the "inside-ness" of the joke of using "kys" in this context. They may very well have interpreted it as him saying to you that you should "kys" because you went "in the enemy team" - and that would not be an invalid interpretation, in which it would appear he was telling you to commit suicide. If you want to use inside jokes that are toxic, do so in private communication (DM/PM/discord) or voice chat. Not in public chat.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=WP7N9RU6,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-05-07T22:38:53.984+0000) > > The act of telling someone to commit suicide, while it has become "common" on the internet, is not "funny" or a joke. > > He may have intended it to be clear that it was directed at the champion in game. However, the phrase itself really has no place in League - there are better ways to say it. Keep in mind that you and him are not the only players in the game - other players had to see what he said to you, and they may not be privy to the "inside-ness" of the joke of using "kys" in this context. They may very well have interpreted it as him saying to you that you should "kys" because you went "in the enemy team" - and that would not be an invalid interpretation, in which it would appear he was telling you to commit suicide. > > If you want to use inside jokes that are toxic, do so in private communication (DM/PM/discord) or voice chat. Not in public chat. Frequent malicious statements are toxic, not words or phrases in a vacuum and just because someone quite possibly who isn't an English speaker submits a report doesn't make it so. Language does not exist without context. It never has and never will. Nothing is bad or good in all scenarios, not even the so called "worst" words in the language. Ever heard someone say "that was fucking great!", "dang, his damage is retarded" (referring to an enemy and clearly not being toxic), "%%%%% I love you" or similar and a million other things like it? Even after dying to a Teemo shroom at low HP, if someone says "kys Teemo xD" it's just banter and not mean spirited or malicious. It's a joke because of Teemo being the stereotypical "Satan" of League and ever-annoying. It's actually a compliment in this scenario because it was good Shroom placement and Teemo having presence in the game. Pretending context doesn't matter dwon't change that it always does and always has. In fact most of the meaning derived from language is heavily context sensitive not just in the words/ordering but in terms of the time/place/situation.
: I really dont give a damn about LCS balance
And unlike you, I want an objectively balanced game. Guess which view supports long-term game health... Having a well-balanced game supports my time investment and makes my experience better because I have no real excuses even if things aren't as I like. If a game was fun but terribly balanced, I might play it for a few hours here and there but certainly not long-term. It would feel like a complete waste to ever attempt to master such a game since you'd be slapped in the face by bad balance. League's actually not terribly balanced despite what some say. However, it's hard for weaker players to see the full picture, understand all counters etc. They see something in the time it's supposed to shine, often when they're behind and then they write a thread about it.
: Tahm Kench could be an ok Jungler, That is a waste of potential tho. If you compare Tahm to champions like Leona and Braum, He doesn't have the hard engage they do and if you compare him to other junglers, He doesn't have engage like they do either. Tahm Kench is great for top lane, Everything in his kit screams top lane.
> [{quoted}](name=ManWithNoBeard,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=m7mOQXvu,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-11-28T01:30:11.306+0000) > > Tahm Kench could be an ok Jungler, That is a waste of potential tho. > > If you compare Tahm to champions like Leona and Braum, He doesn't have the hard engage they do and if you compare him to other junglers, He doesn't have engage like they do either. Tahm Kench is great for top lane, Everything in his kit screams top lane. coolest thing about kench jg is his ult. (especially if your mid comes too) idk why he's bad exactly but i've been unable to win ranked with him despite feeling like i'm not feeding i think i'm just too irrelevant early without the scaling to fallback on like a Jax or Yi
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: November 17
I think Press the Attack needs a melee separation and scaling. Just like the adaptive damage scales on levels, the expose damage should start at half the value.
: Any one else getting stomped?
preseason isn't about quality games... more a sandbox for testing
Rioter Comments
: Saying "Avast ye, noob! I challenge thee to a duel!" is very different from saying "omg git gud you fuking noob"
> [{quoted}](name=TiltoverEnforcer,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Zf9dT05a,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-10-29T01:40:48.840+0000) > > Saying "Avast ye, noob! I challenge thee to a duel!" is very different from saying "omg git gud you fuking noob" I think if you just say noob by itself, it's enough for punishment if you do it over several games and people actually report you. Noob isn't even that bad but it is against the rules. All noob means is newbie/novice.
Chermorg (NA)
: There's no need to say that though - there's absolutely no reason to say the word itself. If you shouldn't call people the (n word), you shouldn't say the n word at all.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Zf9dT05a,comment-id=00000000000000020000,timestamp=2017-10-28T22:23:04.878+0000) > > There's no need to say that though - there's absolutely no reason to say the word itself. If you shouldn't call people the (n word), you shouldn't say the n word at all. Yes, there actually is. Imagine if language extended this to other words that people find offensive. Soon we'll be saying "the n word" and ask "which n word"? The idea doesn't generalize and is thus completely idiotic (similar to how Kant explained that the morality of an action is only valid if it generalizes). It's not the word itself. It's how it's used. People are just dumb to think that it's the word and not the person saying it or the context. That's a copout and ignorant. People will be offended by so many things and we can't just pretend said words aren't in the language - all it does is give those words more power.
Chermorg (NA)
: Very few words are inherently toxic. Hate speech, racist language, homophobic language, and the like are inherently toxic. The word "noob" is not inherently toxic or negative - it's how you use it.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Zf9dT05a,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-28T20:21:20.229+0000) > > Very few words are inherently toxic. Hate speech, racist language, homophobic language, and the like are inherently toxic. The word "noob" is not inherently toxic or negative - it's how you use it. That's not true. What if you are talking about the etymology of the "n word" (so stupid I can't type it as if it has some amazing power like Voldemort in Harry Potter)? It's certainly not inherently racist. I've seen someone banned not long ago for saying "you shouldn't call people (n word)" when someone was getting harassed. That's how the dumb this automated system is. It's a complete farce. Context always matters even if Riot doesn't want it to.
Rioter Comments
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=sanshaoye,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mUqXTE9m,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-10-24T22:09:55.276+0000) > > or you could be like jesus and let them slap you around without reply. wow, thanks for the max weber level advice Yes, after all, you have no right to calmly use facts or logic when being attacked by a flamer, right? You have to dance around like a clown and be his entertainment for fear of what his feeble ego would have him do. If being told by some G5 scrub how bad you are and you're ranked G1, pointing out that hypocrisy out would be a crime against humanity. The goal of every interaction has to be to appease and never potentially offend even at the expense of all ethics, truth or justice.
: Stop censoring %%%%%, %%%got, etc.
there are some really weird things that are censored in lobby... things that aren't even "bad" words too bad I can't think of an example
Rioter Comments
: wait, what the fuck. how is that supposed to work? lets say just in theory, he actually manages to build 500 stacks. is his w on a 0.5 second cooldown or is there a cap on this? even when he "only" gets 30% off, thats the most hyperscaly thing ive ever seen.
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=zlMVGlej,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-09-14T23:49:07.809+0000) > > wait, what the fuck. > > how is that supposed to work? lets say just in theory, he actually manages to build 500 stacks. is his w on a 0.5 second cooldown or is there a cap on this? might just be the normal CDR cap still
: She called me a "niggo" in champ select, and she said stuff implying she didn't care if we won. I can't remember the exact words, and if i had access to logs i'd post them. I think its messed up she gets away with doing basically what I got banned for, but honestly i'm here just to get my ban revoked/reduced.
> [{quoted}](name=Crown TSM,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=6Xq714Px,comment-id=000e000000000000,timestamp=2017-07-11T05:48:14.415+0000) > > She called me a "niggo" in champ select, and she said stuff implying she didn't care if we won. I can't remember the exact words, and if i had access to logs i'd post them. I think its messed up she gets away with doing basically what I got banned for, but honestly i'm here just to get my ban revoked/reduced. If your whole team is intentionally suiciding into enemy turrets and you say "you guys clearly don't want to win. let's just FF or open" they could report you and get you in trouble. Then you'd see people on these boards analyzing your chat logs and saying with confident smugness "you were clearly very negative here and I see why you're toxic." The chat is a trap in this game because of the draconian and undiscriminating policies. The "rules" are also so vague as to be utterly worthless except as a way to justify whatever punishment is issued through some blanket application. It protects only one party, and that is the one making the accusation. Those accused have zero protections in these rules. A rational set of policies would protect both parties. You just can't win. I'd like to be more social but I've learned that with how sensitive people can be and how much they want to find a scapegoat, there's almost no reason to ever use the chat in this game. The risk/reward just isn't there and some people on here are so brainwashed that they actually think this situation isn't wacky. Unless you're outright harassing people, you should not have to police yourself in a video game. The toxic players are a problem but they can be muted and this is much worse.
: Ivern is COMPLETELY BUSTED
Agreed. He might not feel that overpowered to play against but his kit overall is bonkers. His power is just less in your face. He should not exist in this state.
Rioter Comments
: Can no longer queue top/mid mid/top jg/fill?
hasn't been possible in what feels like a year
Muh boii (NA)
: Love is a Subaru
Muh boii (NA)
: Love is a Subaru
I like exploding my Package all over enemies.
: It's because League of Laggers is secretly a pay to win game. Some skins are engineered to increase skill level. *Takes off tinfoil hat*
> [{quoted}](name=ReshiKillim,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QKHFHEhJ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-12-25T01:31:28.530+0000) > > It's because League of Laggers is secretly a pay to win game. > > Some skins are engineered to increase skill level. > > *Takes off tinfoil hat* Ok, so what advantage does that skin have???
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
LaowPing (NA)
: No, but you can choose to not reward him for it.
> [{quoted}](name=LaowPing,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=MxL5p4nk,comment-id=0018000000000000,timestamp=2016-12-19T16:16:55.381+0000) > > No, but you can choose to not reward him for it. Yes and that's fine. No one was arguing he should be rewarded for it. He wasn't allowed in Scouting Grounds and isn't getting a Challenger Jacket. However, to remove him from the rankings is very dishonest.
: just had a d5 gragas flash e into minions then ulti the tower as my enemy laner walks away
Aeszarck (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=atomicwit,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=MxL5p4nk,comment-id=0018,timestamp=2016-12-16T06:56:46.345+0000) > > It's not fair to not list Tarzaned. This is actually disgusting. He may have been toxic but he still achieved superior results to anyone else. You can choose to not give him a jacket but you cannot ignore his performance. That seems very disingeous and flat out unethical to me. Is it not unethical to be a terrible teammate?
> [{quoted}](name=Aeszarck,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=MxL5p4nk,comment-id=00180000,timestamp=2016-12-16T20:39:34.513+0000) > > Is it not unethical to be a terrible teammate? Yes and one does not excuse the other. If Hitler came up with e= mc^2, you can still hate him but we can't pretend that the equation is incorrect and unimportant.
Show more

atomicwit

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion