xelaker (NA)
: If turrets are gonna be worth a bazillion gold can they at least be less awful?
i prefered the 40-50 min long games. new games end too quick but the game is so massive that it always feels like a stomp.
: Was it a mistake calling them Star Guardians?
In my head i call them the Acolytes of NOVA. Now granted, a NOVA is the birth of a star, and Supernova is the death of one but calling them Supernova would make them seem.... heroic? So i just stick with Nova? And they use "Pulsar energy" this is all my head canon. take it or leave it
: No, it's the easiest to come back in. Just farm some camps. It's the only role that can farm unmolested by the now stronger than you opponent. If they invade, even better. Go farm somewhere else and your lanes aren't being ganked.
> [{quoted}](name=WalkingInACircle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=n2bEcvLB,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2019-09-03T20:02:45.872+0000) > > No, it's the easiest to come back in. Just farm some camps. It's the only role that can farm unmolested by the now stronger than you opponent. If they invade, even better. Go farm somewhere else and your lanes aren't being ganked. you're joking right? Camp Exp scales per clear, not per game length. So if i fall behind lets say i overhganked or something then im behind for the rest of the game until teamfights. Jungle exp is awful asnd the speed at which camps respawn further hinders it. Lets say I decided to farm back into the game, I clear my entire jg. Im still behind and ganking still isnt the best option. what now? oh and god forbid the enemy jg decided that my jg is his now.
: Aatrox’s lifesteal, not his revive, is what gives him identity.
Try this: Make Aatrox's revive work like Sion's passive mixed withg trynd's ult. When he dies, he gets 4 seconds. His HP starts at 0 if he can lifesteal his way back to 70% of his HP he comes back to lifeimmediately That way his lifesteal gimmick and his Revive passive work in direct Unison. It requires skill and focus to get the revive working properly. and Now you don't have to die sit there defenseless for 10 seconds and then revive into death. I look forward to seeing new Aatrox build {{item:3812}} {{item:3080}} {{item:3153}} {{item:3230}} {{item:3065}} I'd even make it more adventurous. No limits on how many times this can happen per fight. ______________________________________ I'm really getting Tired of Riot balancing the game around the LCS, and I'm starting to think that torunies need their own Megapatches seperate from the main game. Pro Lol is NOT in any way shape or form the same Game as Normal LoL. I still despise how short games are. You can almost tell they were made to be 10 minutes long so that non-lol playewrs can casually tune into LCS or something. I despise how much damage and mobility is in the game. I despise that Tanks cant tank anymore but instead have to be good brawlers too. One of the reasons I quit a few years back was because of this horrible balance and rework cycle. It seemed like the game pandered to 2 demographics. Casual players, and the LCS players And it seemed like the things for the more dedicated players was an occasional skin consolation prize. But frankly the game is in a horrible state. it's doesnt feel fun to play anymore. Every game is a shit stomp thats decvided by 10 minutes. I've had my base completely run into by 20 complete with a toplaner so tanky base turrets do nothing... Back 4-5 years ago this would be UNTHINKABLE. I really miss my hour-long games.
NoPaxt (NA)
: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.......... All URF does is reinforce bad habits...
Having actual fun in this game is a bad habit lol
Zed genius (EUNE)
: It's been 4-5 years since 2016?
Turret lasers were a mistake and those are from 2015 - 4 years ago. Ever since then towers just became paper.
: > [{quoted}](name=blacknerdtaku,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=O1yfm10x,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-12T00:24:43.944+0000) > > Turrets have been useless for like 4-5 years now. Ever since season 6 Since when? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vr7WAxRLMU LOL
I remember those lasers.... COUGH. they sucked even then. https://youtu.be/SQWNunKcfqY?t=60
Tiamek (NA)
: Turrets are useless
Turrets have been useless for like 4-5 years now. Ever since season 6
: Riot there's too much cancer in-game to allow double bans anymore, champs should be banned once only
I throughly disagree. Maybe im a bronze/Silver idiot and have no clue what Im talking about, or maybe I just unlocked the secrets of life with this post. I pray for the latter, but: I dont think the solution is in allowing bans. Across the board the damage is far too high, and measures to prevent nonsense early have been nerfed to shit. My solutions > Buff towers both HP and DAMAGE. lower damage ratios across the map for champions, Jungle exp needs to be reworked into the mid-game. Mobility needs to be reworked. Standing mages need some serious love. Bring back boot enhancements already. Get rid of that god awful speed boost at the beginning (seems like that shit is only there for pros to start fighting earlier so the LCS loving massess can have a hard on for ALL DAT EARLY AKSHYUN.) revert Dragon to a team gold thing, or better yet instead of giving just team gold, or some obnoxious stat (DAMAGE done in x amount of time) buff grant the team that slays it shared gold for 1 or 2 minutes. > > I dont see much of a reason for Rift Herald anymore, the damn thing is there to wreck towers way too damn early, which is a part of the reason of feeling STOMP-META for the past 2 years - Delete it from the rift, and make it into a champion since the model already exists. > > Decrease the health and dealt damage on Super Minions. Make it so that 2 or more have to be clustered to do any real damage to objectives. Yes you can scale up their damage by proximity to one-another. > > Over the years champions have received nerfs when they find themselves used outside of Riot's self-proclaimed meta. I honestly think we need a return to old philosophy. And I could see this being done by way of runes, or masteries. basically Return to the older rune system (but less egregious with the prices) and allow for runes that can actually transfer ratios from one stat (Think hp) to another (lets say damage, or movement speed, or even AOE AP) - NOW the players can decide where they want to take their favorite champions, and with the right-rune set it becomes viable. Grant each individual champion up to 3 or 4 rune pages to automatically swap between. > > UI update: players need to see when a ratio has been changed. Allow IN-GAME (Loading screen) the ability to see the champion's stats with their runes and masteries.
: Ever since season 6 the game is going downhill. First they released DQ (literally cancer all in itself) Then slowly but surely, each and every season it gets worse and worse. Eventually they need to get their heads out of their asses otherwise there won't be a League anymore.
Midseason 5 was the final hurrah for this game. And then the fucking JUGGERNAUTS happened. And it was a broken, unfun mess from there. And yes, I am still very salty about "Dynamic Queue" Completely fucking over solo/duo players. I actually took a brief break from the game to play overwatch. After getting chat blocked for singing an offensive song in chat, I sold my account, and picked up Palidins. I came back to LoL for old times sake and then immediately after a SINGLE game didnt want to play the game anymore. It was just a complete snowball. And every game is a complete snowball. The games just arent fun anymore. and it (In my bronze opinion) all started when They turned those towers into complete garbage.
Raeyxx (NA)
: Hate to say it, but I'm starting to feel this big time. Just had a game when Sion ulted my support and I under tower with nothing but the jungle starting item. He basically killed us both. (The enemy botlane threw in the last hits, but Sion did the vast majority of the damage.) Maybe it's time to sign back up for WoW and try again next season.
Overwatch has a shit development cycle too. Im making the switch to paladins and Smite
: I hate the report button so fucking much.
Just ran into a hell of a game. I was on Yasuo top. Jinx got pissy didn't communicate, decided to start Inting top lane. (and somehow failed at that). Then Jax who seemed Alrighty at first, started speaking in a bolivian language all game, never once returns to speaking english after the fact. next thing I know, brand (the Bolivian) is calling me a bitch and telling me my mom sucks his [bolivian explative] and now im being told im being reported for trolling. what? I miss the tribunal. People reading the logs had context. And so innocent people being set off by asshole trolls wouldnt get hit too badly
: As a {{champion:96}} & {{champion:7}} main, I can't decide which side of the fence I should be on for this... Getting 1 shot as Kog even though you're doing everything in your own lane properly because a fed {{champion:105}} or {{champion:157}} will come down & shred you a new asshole isn't very appealing. But at the same time, 1 shotting someone as LB when you play her _properly_ feels amazing, because she's an assassin that's not completely braindead & you have to plan everything before going in ~~(unlike a certain danger cat who leaps from a bush as part of his passive & smacks you w/ a Q that crits for 1500 but I digress)~~ I think Riot just needs to nerf overly strong champs more often instead of buffing the underwhelming ones.
So on one hand, frustrating, and somewhat broken game design, but on the other hand It "feels" good when YOU partake in said frustrating game design
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Ulanopo (NA)
: >I'm NOT going to argue this one wasnt deserved - it totally was - probably more-so, hence why im only showing 2 of the 3 chats i was given. I really don't get it. You're aware this is a legit punishment but you're wasting your time arguing that the other stuff in your reform card wasn't the most toxic thing ever. That makes zero sense to me. >Im not here to debate my punishment, I'm here to debate the fairness of your flagging system. People reported you in those games or else they wouldn't have shown up. Their opinions are no less valid than yours. Your dismissal of them is the problem here.
> People reported you in those games or else they wouldn't have shown up. getting reported by a 4man that threatened to report me literally the entire game - ACTUALLY before the game even began for calling top first and them not getting it. I believe their opinions ARE less valid. a 4man shouldn't be able to bully a player like this and get away with it. Meanwhile my counter report goes completely ignored. > You're aware this is a legit punishment but you're wasting your time arguing that the other stuff in your reform card wasn't the most toxic thing ever. Im questioning the validity of **the system** when things that outwardly ARE NOT toxic get thrown into a report for a chat ban. _I have a question: for you is this toxic?_ Player 1: lol dude you're such an asshole for that dive XD Player 2: XD and you're a %%%% for staying there. Player 1: lol It's banter, but it's not toxic - unless you remove what player 1 said. which happened in this report. Im asking if the system even botheres to put context into account. Because the one that reported me (as well as everyone else) was Xin - the man who threatened to feed because we asked him not to run top and dive/charge his already fed toplaner in a ranked game.
: This game just is not good anymore.
1. overloaded kits, and reworks 2. absurd changes to gameplay that make RNG way too prominent a factor 3. Stupidly absurd snowballing nowadays 4. Towers made of paper allowing for 4 man dives on bot to insta take it in under 10 minutes 5. Top tower can also go down in under 10 minutes 6. Absurd amount of mobility makes choices matter less because of less committment. 7. Community shrank thanks to the mistake that was season 6 and dynamic queue throwing queue times through the roof Despite all the changes to put more shit in kits, all it really did was make the game like watching a Michael Bay movie rather than playing a strategic game of chess with the occasional explosion making them feel special. And the worst offence of all, pandering to the newbies tastes in gameplay over the tride and true experienced fandom. Add in Riot's tendancy to lie about things, and what you get is a game that i haven't actually invested money in in damn near a year. when before Id buy a new skin like every 2 weeks. dont mind hanging around nowadays but honestly it's really not worth it. only thing keeping me here is familliarity but with so many new and better games (yes, even fucking overwatch) i dont have much a reason to stay for longer
Ulanopo (NA)
: >blacknerdtaku: i can smell your bleeding twat from across the map, Darius >Long story short: This chat log was beyond tame. I was flagged for language with no context behind it. I went on a silly witty banter rant with an enemy (and we were cool the entire time) Just because you thought it was funny and acceptable doesn't make it so. Had I been asked to review this case in Tribunal, I would have voted to punish. >The problem, I see is that one of these things I got flagged for a raunchy conversation, and the other for what was a 4-man beatdown mob report. That doesnt feel fair, or like it belongs there. I'm sensing a flaw in your logic here. You acknowledge that your behavior was out of line in the chat you choose not to show, but you're upset that the other examples aren't _worse_. The IFS doesn't always just show you at your absolute worst. It shows a spectrum of problematic behavior.
> I'm sensing a flaw in your logic here. You acknowledge that your behavior was out of line in the chat you choose not to show, **but you're upset that the other examples aren't worse.** The IFS doesn't always just show you at your absolute worst. It shows a spectrum of problematic behavior. Im arguing that these are tame. Not that "the other examples aren't worse" Im arguing that these have a context to them and should be accounted for. Im not arguing against the restriction, Im arguing that a conversation with no....anything around it can paint a black and white picture, when there is a world of grey inbetween - it comes off as indiscriminate and unfair. this isnt an issue in direct application of me, hence why i said I actually did deserve it. Theres no leap of logic here. > Had I been asked to review this case in Tribunal, I would have voted to punish. Had you reviewed this on the tribunal context would have been applied as you would have seen the logs of all parties involved in these events.. You see that's the biggest issue. These arent bad (especially the discussion copy-paste) because there is a context behind them. Nothing about the first copy/paste is problematic. Foul language, asking a guy not to feed (pleading with him to hang near the man with the R that procs off Xin's Q) and _then encouraging him when he does take a tower_. The worst part is, nobody even flamed the guy. You're calling it a "spectrum of problematic behavior" But nothing about it was problematic. It was a typical ranked game with a super stubborn guy that we won. The report was asked because he threatened to feed when people asked him to stop stubbornly charging to fight the guy he fed alone.... and I quote: > blacknerdtaku: you're feeding so please > Xin: Im going to feed them if you dont stop [paraphrase] > blacknerdtaku: yes... that thing youre doing now? > Just because **you** thought it was funny and acceptable doesn't make it so. You? nobody was bothered by it, and when somebody asked us to stop (joke got old) we did, and went on. Is witty banter unacceptable? Context means everything. -Playing Warwick with a crossmap smell ability? make a joke about smelling him from across the map. -He calls me a pussy? nope, im a Dog (Alpha Bitch) not a cat (pussy). Nobody Hurt. Nothing, so why is that re portable, or even really unacceptable? There is a reason nobody reported him for it. You cant just white and black behavior like this. I mean technically you could, but this comes off more as draconian than anything else. Again, because the tribunal was a jury of peers, votes went down a little more fairly. The only serious issue with the tribunal system was how long it took for events to hit it. Why couldn't that have just been sped up? > The IFS doesn't always just show you at your absolute worst This seems more like a Flaw than anything good. Why not simply present the player with them AT their absolute worse? why is a spectrum required? if a player is getting flagged should they not be presented with them at their worse? It would give no excuse to debating a chat restriction or ban, wouldn't you say? Especially if the person remembers what events flagged them. It would also give nobody any reason to make the argument that the system is absurdly indiscriminate. Also I got hit with this chat restriction IMMEDIATELY AFTER being mob reported by the extremely toxic 4-man in my second example, so now, instead of letting context be the arbiter, I'm stuck feeling like **I was wronged,** not the other way around. Your system for punishment is flawed. Back when The tribunal was still around I had a really good record on it, something along the lines of 96% correct. and I was using it like every day for months. Came across chats like this all the time, never once did the guy get hit for it, as peers we took into account the surroundings and context of it. Was it a joke? we paid attention. was he being an actual toxic ass? we looked out for it. and we could usually tell when somebody was getting flagged for banter and didn't punish, vs when he was't and actually deserved the punishment. I'd much rather reports go through delineation via something that breathes than a machine. **So yeah, I miss the tribunal. ** Im not here to debate my punishment, I'm here to debate the fairness of your flagging system.
: tame to you, maybe sounds alot like harassment in both also called for report is punishable by itself
This is my deal. There is no other chat log to show what really happened. as said previously, the back and fourth was just a witty back and fourth (the fact that it's back and fourth means that I wasnt the only one) and I harassed Xin, how? by asking him to stop soloing (which he did 3 more times after the first asking?) First one was me vs an "infallable" 4-man. They spent the damn game harassing and greifing me - but you wouldnt know that becauyse only my logs got caught. **THIS** is why i miss the tribunal. there was context with the chats. there's no context here. I deserved the chat ban definitely for the unseen second game, but for these? really?
: ***
I didnt even vote I stayed out of the actual election, because I didnt like either - but remain a firm critic of the mainstream media since they threw us under the bus during Gamer gate.
Rioter Comments
GoleBilon (EUNE)
: People that tell you to commit suicide.
dude, no offence but it's in-game shit talk. it deserves a ban, sure but shit talk is shit talk
: DynamicQ doesn't exist any more. And what the actual f is the problem with support?
Neo Champ select* Support in lower elo is the absolute worst place to be. If you know how to set up plays, then the last thing you're going to want is to get the role that nobody respects. On top of that after waiting 2-3 mins for the role you assumed was - lets say top or jg, it's tilt inducing as all fuck to be thrown into a role you dont feel like playing seemingly arbitrarily, again this takes power away from the player, and it's bad enough he has to deal with 9 other random factors, now he gets thrown into a role he's not willing to play. I absolute love support in norms, but in ranked it's shit tier, especially in lower elos, where people dont follow up on plays, pay attention, add support to my wards (and then act like i dont ward when all three are out, and the only ones on the map). On the flip side of this, not everybody in lower elo are like me and can play every role. It;s a direct smash in the face to the integrity of the game when anybody gets hit with a role they cant play effectively. Some people only have 1 or 2 champs in a specific role and this happens way too often where their only real choice pick gets banned or picked up. this also ignoring that team communication doesnt exist in bronze/silver. Honestly, I miss pick order, if ~~dynamic queue~~ *NEOCS is going to be the case.
: There is absolutely 0 reason to troll. If you feel miserable people will understand, but just because you feel miserable you want them to feel miserable as well? That's just stupid. On top of that, if you tell them it's not your best role and they still flame you for it they're just as bad.
but you seriously cant expect 100% of the playerbase to abide by that can you? putting in such an anti-fun "mechanic" is bullshit It's 100% out of your hands and that takes the feeling of power away from the player. especially after a millennium long wait-time anyway I play all 5 roles with at least 5 champs effectively and i absolutely despise being autofilled
: PSA: People that troll because they got autofilled...
No, Autofill is fucking tilt-inducing. It is so infuriating to be thrown randomly into support. All this talk about how "responding to arguments makes things worse because of tilt" well, Dynamic queue is the ULTIMATE tilting mechanism.
: Good idea http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/610/825/eec.jpg
They get {{champion:8}} PUTIN your mouth
: You can tell who is an old school player and who isn't by how much they hate autofill
No. i despise Autofill. Id much rather wait 10 minutes for a game to start than i would to get tossed into a game for 30+ minutes with a role Im not in the mood to play. I know all my roles doesnt mean i want to get forced into shit i dont want to play. The reason i dont want to play support isnt because I cant play it, it';s because i cannot stand the fucking role in low elo ranked. This is the gangbang botlane meta so if my adc isnty the sharpest tool in the shed then im sitting there not getting any decent gold. in short support relies on the sucess of your teammates a bit too much, and frankly they need to fix that. Seriously a support's impact on a game is usually minimal. you can be the best support ever and your inability to push shit makes the game absolutely AWFUL if you're on a teamof people who cant group or push properly. the job is thankless. and frankly it's a boring role to play.
: So are you saying this is a way out of ELO hell for each individual? Or are you saying this would end ELO hell because there are no more toxic players? IMO, it's not called ELO hell because everyone is toxic. It's called ELO hell, because everyone sucks, and it's kind of difficult to carry games when there's 5 people on each team, in the case that you are actually better than bronze/silver. Either way, you should change the title, because it implies you're gonna tell us how to get out of bronze/silver ELO. If this post is your advice on getting out of bronze/silver, then you totally missed. So I down voted (not that you should care, but incase you do I figure you should know why) because I think you're pretty much trying to get people to read your post by using a misleading title.
> [{quoted}](name=Telephone Booth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mu06EqNd,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-01-12T04:16:52.557+0000) > > So are you saying this is a way out of ELO hell for each individual? Or are you saying this would end ELO hell because there are no more toxic players? > > IMO, it's not called ELO hell because everyone is toxic. It's called ELO hell, because everyone sucks, and it's kind of difficult to carry games when there's 5 people on each team, in the case that you are actually better than bronze/silver. > > Either way, you should change the title, because it implies you're gonna tell us how to get out of bronze/silver ELO. If this post is your advice on getting out of bronze/silver, then you totally missed. > > So I down voted (not that you should care, but incase you do I figure you should know why) because I think you're pretty much trying to get people to read your post by using a misleading title. The title isnt misleading. Id argue that most lost games arent due to bad play as much as bad behavior. people with weak dispositions dont win games and bring others down. remove the extreme cases and you're out. Otherwise i dont actually believe EH exists
: ELO Hell doesn't exist. It claims you lose because your teammates are low-ELO. But there are 4 slots on your team for bad players, and 5 slots on their team for bad players. Statistically speaking, if you are better than your current MMR, you will rise. If you play 100 games and you're still Bronze 5, guess what: _you're a bronze 5 skill player_. The next step is to stop blaming your teammates and figure out what you're doing wrong. I did this; it works. I took one paid one-hour lesson, and I went from bronze 4 to bronze 2 in about 3 weeks. I had been stuck in B4 for months. {{champion:51}}
bad behaviour exists beyond elo, m8. this applies to all elo, as ELO hell is really just players with busted dispositions in the lower ranks. Did you only read the title?
nerak23 (NA)
: > Riot is a shitty company This company is the same one your asking to change things! I agree to report players that break the rules! Yes! However I personally believe your just trying to cause trouble. This is My opinion ! ___ Odd, that if you would cool down, we actually agree in some things ;) > But onto you: Don't accuse me of things you have no proof of pal!! What does this mean Your quote OP ...."And I'd bet money that you're one of the people im talking about " You'd lose $ because no such thing happens and I'm offended that you say this! And what are you Really saying about me or anyone else eh?
> This company is the same one your asking to change things! Yes. Because 1: im a consumer. 2: im a part of the playerbase - an overwhelming part as a matter of fact. the majority who did not like Dynamic queue and the numbers werent on Riots side either. so thank you very much - but that's still absolutely irrelivant to THIS thread, so id like like you to stay on topic or leave the thread. > However I personally believe your just trying to cause trouble. This is My opinion ! 1: Your opinion is irrelivant. This is the definition of an ad hominem argument. "Scott says we should report players" John says "but scotts's a jerk" John's argument does not invalidate scotts. 2: You now hold the burden of proof. What makes you think im trying to cause trouble when my posts thus far that you've linked are a dissappointed customer being upset with horrid buisness ethics , and a guy asking the community of a game to act accordingly to help remove self-destructive trolls from the game? both of these are in regard to fixing the quality of the game FOR THE PLAYERS! the first paragraph explains this. though I need remind you it's still ireelivant to my post here. You have no proof. You have no facts. you dont even have an argument. you only have a blank accusation that anybody with a smidgen of critical thought could debunk as a matter of fact... 3: you are _projecting_. Here are your direct quotes in this thread. > "Don't accuse me of things you have no proof of pal!!" > "I feel like your being a bit hypocritical" > " I personally believe your just trying to cause trouble." > You've just given me all the proof i need. Again, coming at me with accusations and and fallacious arguments to try and **cause trouble**. Your arguments come with an accusation of hypocrisy, but at no point are you able to connect the two because to force your point you've had to quote mine and take a previous topic completely out of context. Ive called you out on it, and you've yet to defend yourself. You continue to levy accusation after accusation. I've called you on this nonsense and your response is to not accuse you of things you have no proof? I dont care that "we agree with some things" My issue with you is simple. you've levied some bullshit accusation and now im asking you a very simple question: Where is your proof? Is your proof a comment from a completely different topic? is that all of your proof? What reason would you have to throw this comment around? Or did you fuck up and wont admit to it? ____________ And finally, here's a much better question: What does any of that distraction, have anything to do WITH THE ORIGINAL TOPIC? This, and the evidence i have amassed proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are full of shit, and simply here to distract - aka causing trouble. You are derailing the conversation with non-issues for absolutely no reason. **Get out of my thread** if that's all you're here to do. Im here to have a discussion with the community about tocivity in the player behaviour discussion tag. not debate business ethics with a company I've made more than an essay about on these very boards.
nerak23 (NA)
: > This is Just Sad. > blacknerdtaku (NA) submitted 7 months ago in Gameplay >Riot, I've always thought of you as a shitty company. You make one game and manage to royally fuck it over a lot, and this, i have to say is a great way to put the final nail in the coffin Try, Just try to understand not everyone is against you. Your better then this and everyone should be get better about it. > I implore all of you if you're guilty of this "but he did well" nonsense, to think of a time when the guy was on your team. when the dude who wouldnt stop flaming did well and you hated his gutas but "hey at least he did well" I don't do this. Friend!! I'm not sure what you really are saying here, I put up a part of your previous comments, yet I still feel like trying to help. I feel like your being a bit hypocritical EDIT: Also I report those breaking the rules regardless of what they may do in game...in theory your right about Reporting...more should if they encounter players breaking rules !!!
> Try, Just try to understand not everyone is against you. Your better then this and everyone should be get better about it. **Riot is a shitty company** - if you were t bother and read where that came from instead of quote mining you'd know this was in regards to their policy. there is a reason so many people LEFT in season 6. it's called dynamic queue being shoved down the player's throats. it's not fun. this is of course after riot LIED and said there would be a solo queue. This isnt their first lie, it's not their last, and this was also in the midst of a bunch of unnessicary changes. Remember the tribunal? Still missing been about 3 years. they said they would bring it back, and never did. Then dynamic queue came in. we got a new champion select, which i really liked, and we were all under the impression there would be a soloqueue as DQ was inherently a broken replacement. then to hide their asess they had lyte dishonestly play around with some numbers to create a picture that was contrary to what was actually going on. this is another of my quotes from those threads: > Blacknerdtaku (NA) > 7 months ago in > The Boards need to read this article by Riot's Tryndamere. > Gamers who are representatives of a multi-billion dollar company, who fail at communicating, tell flat out lies and half-truths, and fail at keeping the people happy by force-feeding them something they dont want to play - all the [while] slowly removing player choice, and methods of play over the last 2 years. That comment was in the wake of a LIE from a company that is known to LIE and be silent. it was an attack on Riot's business and has absolutely bugger all to do with "player behavior". when they said they would bring back solo queue I returned. I still refuse to buy any skins until they prove themselves as a company. **But onto you:** Pulling up old comments from a completely different topic to try and forcibly call somebody's argument hypocrisy is one of the most FALLACIOUS things you could do. You're a walking logical fallacy, and your attempts to derail the conversation to be had is transparent. Also, I'd bet money that you're one of the people im talking about simply by how defensive you're getting about the topic. you've added nothing to the topic aside from a random quote mine to supposedly prove im wrong, or something. > "I'm not sure what you really are saying here," > if you want to climb, if you want to see less nonsense in your games start reporting toxic players regardless of their performance. not hard. not difficult. and has nothing to do with random comment you pulled from 7 months ago in regards to dynamic queue.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Rebonack,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A6EXmrUA,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-09-07T23:20:19.856+0000) > > There's an easy way to fix this problem. > > Stop watching LCS. > > Stop watching professional streamers on Twitch. > > Totally ignore the existence of eSports and turn it into a giant festering monetary sinkhole that Riot can't afford to put any effort into. Actively sabotage it by refusing to buy RP until it is gone. And then, maybe, Riot will balance the game around the people who play it. I completely agree, but I seriously doubt you'd convince millions of other players to do the same. Personally I don't give 2 shits about the eSports scene, but apparently some people are really into it. No idea why...........I mean, why waste time watching someone else play a game when you can be playing it yourself?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRQ0VxMVnGU Maddox shall handle this comment.
: > [{quoted}](name=OxyPoro,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nPWsUrNX,comment-id=00110000,timestamp=2016-08-27T10:29:45.991+0000) > > Dynamic Queue has nearly 0 effect on you if you play in high elo. There, I said it. I agree.
looool. Yeah that's why High eloers have been upset with the system and people near challenger dont want to play on DQ anymore, right?
Vistha Kai (EUNE)
: And the funniest shit of it all, is when, >_"11% of the **global player base** is really pissed at us because of switching Solo Queue with Dynamic Queue"_ Which makes up for up to 7 million people, while the number of all ranked accounts across all servers - Garena and China excluded - is under 11 millions. Vocal minority, my ass.
Riot using dishonest numbers again? Well Stop the fucking presses. figures they would try and forcibly shrink the impact, by making it seem like no big deal. I also love how that still doesnt account for people who arent vocal in their frustrations with the system, and eiher quit, or simply play norms, as well as indifferents. Can I get the sources on those, btw?
: > [{quoted}](name=blacknerdtaku,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nPWsUrNX,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2016-08-27T01:45:04.441+0000) > > DQ was a sucess? Literally every time it was brought up, riot flat out says "We know this sucks" "We know that sucks" :"we'll work on QoL changes for this" "We know this sucks" > > And now they're even talking about just saying fuck it and reverting back to Soloqueue. > > Dynamic Queue **FAILED** > It cost the game a lot of players and community trust, I'm curious. Where did they say that? I can't find any info on this on the boards.
The video posted below and even the comments made by Rioters promising to bring back soloqueue for everyone, as well in the orifinal "the future of ranked" discussion that made me actually quit the game, and watch the fallout from here. > It's a team game and people like being able to play ranked games with their friends. Bullshit on that too, BTW. Ive said it a million times before and after I quit LoL, Fuck your friends. If you want to play around and have a good casual time go to normals. If you want to play cometitively with friends get a 5-man ranked squad, and play 5 man ranked in a seperate queue. DOnt bring in 3 or 4 friends and then make plays around eachother while the two solos are just SOL. thats why I hated the ranked system. Dnyamic queue was infuriatingly bad, and made a complete mockery of ranked integrity it's not an exxageration to say LoL season 6 is probably the WORST season to date and most of it is because tank "assassains" ADCs everyfuckingwhere and Dynamic queue. For a system that supposedly "was a sucess" it sure did give rise to a ton of boosting, smurfing, and it got so fucking bad anybody playing in Higher Tiers had to get soloqueue back altogether. Probably because You know, Solo queue is much better at determining actual rank than DQ? That's actually exactly it! DQ absolutely failed as a system, and as I said it cost LoL a lot of players. Now that I hear it may come back I want to see Riot actually grow some balls and ADMIT they fucked up. EVery Time they fuck up they just pretend like it was no biggie. That's horrible company policy.
: Diamond is where people actually know how to play. Of course it makes sense they would give special consideration to them on this matter. You think it really makes a difference if a bunch of B5 players were on Skype in a premade. Even a lowly Silver player like me would still stomp the shit out of them solo. DQ only helps low elo players be bad together, and that includes myself. Get over it guys. DQ was a success for the most part. It's a team game and people like being able to play ranked games with their friends.
DQ was a sucess? Literally every time it was brought up, riot flat out says "We know this sucks" "We know that sucks" :"we'll work on QoL changes for this" "We know this sucks" And now they're even talking about just saying fuck it and reverting back to Soloqueue. Dynamic Queue **FAILED** It cost the game a lot of players and community trust,
Dextix LT (EUNE)
: Not enough, even with voicechat problems arise. Most of the time, the premades will know each other, they will still have their knowledge of their weaknesses, strenghts, characters. They will again, have better organization, than 5 randoms with voicechat. Solo players are still in a bad position, while being premade gives special advatages.
Overwatch has a dynamic queue and a voice chat.... (on top of all the other game's problems like horrid FPS drops, and the game crashing entirely, or freezing out and being unable to join and losing a rank) Yeah doesnt help much. need pure solo.
: > [{quoted}](name=Bagguette,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Z9zpLmPt,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-07-04T13:19:27.244+0000) > > we lost the game cause the enemy killed our nexus first. I hate to break it to you, but that's the whole point of the game.
Well this one time, i died because i ran out of health. Crazy right?
: Riot has already definitively said they will not bring back Solo Queue, **JUST LET IT DIE!** People could, instead, you know, **offer suggestions that would actually allow Dynamic Queue to have more protection for Solo Players**, like not allowing Premade 4s or LP Loss Protection for people Queueing Solo (reduced LP Loss if your team loses and you had been mixed up with a premade)
You know what?** NO! we will NOT let it die.** We are the consumers. we are the people who give this game good reputation, we are the people with time that can be spent elsewhere. We are the people that have been lied to repeatedly. and you want us to "let it die" passively? Fuck that. Riot's decision has pissed people off for good reason: it has been discussed a MILLION FUCKING TIMES Dynamic queue is an inherently broken mess, that shits on ranked integrity. Whats the point of an individual ranking when all your games are played with a premade? Imagine if your ranked 5's score from previous seasons determined your solo ranking as well? What is so damn hard about rolling back the queue? even if it has "protection" for solo players (which it never will - unless it lets solos queue up with other solos ONLY which will never happen as long as 4 mans exist) you will still never be able to address the fact that youd have to do MMR trickery just to get anything close to a fair game, and im talking a team of gold 1 solos vs a team of silver 3 premade - in which case whats the point in that rank? it still wont fix the abhorrent amount of smurfing and legal boosting thats happening - because as long as they're "playing with friends" they're not breaking any rules it still wont fix the fact that your performance on a premade ladder is infinitely different than performance on a ladder with other solos.. in other words with premades you can make it to places you shouldnt be, and then play solo, feed, and ruinb other people's games. Also it means that you dont even need adaquate skill to reach that ranked milestone. just get 2 smurfing players or more and you're set. It still wont change the fact that it's designed solely to get casual players into a competitive enviornment - which results in it being nothing more than a slightly more glorified normal. Dynamic queue isnt just broken to the solo player it's a broken, backwards mess. It cannot be fixed and it should not exist in place of a solo queue. even worse they flat out LIED to us. Wanna know why? because if solo queue returned **NOBODY WOULD PLAY DYNAMIC QUEUE** All the solo players would leave, and all the 3 and 4 mans would be waiting in really long queue times, so they would leave. Dont just roll over and be told how to act to a company that relies on you for their money. This shit here is why people get taken advantage of by large gaming companies (EA, Activision, Capcom, Konami) they just let horrible buisness slide. No be an angry consumer. You can be fair, no doubt , but after being lied to your face about something the community clearly fucking hates (hell the pros even bounced out of the servers) You'd think that people would be a bit more pissed. Guess not.
MrPharmD (NA)
: He probably means the errors they make? https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/85mHJYIs__p80RQxXMMkUafjy2nngqVZbTVUmHsoWif5pOfeh-3_LetG2eoupw69QZ2PojmOMaWelZ4k_7HkJC7P9LeEUAAIdWBkVPf5sE0ebBGA1dhgLxpuBoaUuNPo9e5wjHc
http://media1.giphy.com/media/6OWIl75ibpuFO/giphy.gif
: > [{quoted}](name=blacknerdtaku,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8tXHpFTI,comment-id=000d000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-23T18:10:54.736+0000) > > So you're just going to ignore that a solo player should never be placed on the same ranked ladder as a PREMADE group of players? No, I'm going to disagree with it. I don't think the concept of dynamic queue is inherently broken. The current implementation has lots of major flaws that make it broken and less fun to play in, but in the end I think the concept itself has merit. > The two play-styles are completely different, one requires full use of skills to climb, the other has teammates supporting and compensating for potential lacks in skill. Teammates who support each other and compensate for each others' weakness are good teammates, regardless of queue. You get matched with them as solo players, too, and they tend to lead to enjoyable games. >whats the point of MMR, whats the point of that _ranking_ if the system forces you to play against/with super far above or super far below it? The matchmaker deems you to have more overall skill (MMR) when playing in a premade, so it adjusts your opponents appropriately. It already does this. What that means is that the teams have to be able to beat harder enemies in order to achieve a rank than they would if they were playing solo. So, for example, to reach, let's randomly say Gold 3 as a premade, you have to play against opponents who are something like Gold 1. If you were beating those opponents as a solo player, you'd find yourself at Gold 1 instead of Gold 3. (I don't know the exact different values here, this is an example.) > And if one of those solo players plays on a ranked team lets say from bronze to gold, and gets carried for all of his non-bronze games. You now have a person that can queue up alone in gold with a bronze skill set, and mindset - who is also a one-trick-pony because he played one specific role to a specific group's specifications walking into a game he's not supposed to be in Okay, here's something else I disagree with. People keep talking about people being carried (or boosted) in dynamic queue. That is not an experience I've ever had in ranked games with unmatched teams. A below-average player has a much better chance of losing/throwing a game than the above-average player they are queueing with. If they are seriously playing that far out of their league, then they are going to end up dragging the higher-level player down, rather than the other way around. (I still think they should reduce the tier difference that players are allowed to queue within, to +/- 5 divisions rather than +/- 1 entire bracket.) Also, a lot of solo players (in season 6 especially) are also one-trick ponies. You usually get your preferred role now, only sometimes your secondary. Couldn't you also argue that the new champion select allows people to be one-trick ponies who only play their main champions in their main roles, and don't belong at higher tiers when playing other champions? (Champion mastery-specific MMR adjustments could help resolve this problem.) > No seriously Im asking you how you fix an issue like that? - Give the solo players decent abilities to communicate so that they are not outclassed by the premade players, which in turn allows the MMR handicap to be reduced and makes the games more balanced and fairer. - Reduce the maximum rank difference (as above.) - Remove the ability to queue as 4 players altogether (only allow 1, 2, 3, 5) - 4+1 is the most toxic. - Show indicators as to which players are premade to all players right on the loading screen / scoreboard, to allow solo players to make use of that knowledge and predict which players are likely to work together. > Finally, and here's the all important reason, ready?: > **I AS A _SOLO_ PLAYER DO NOT WANT TO PLAY WITH OR AGAINST A PREMADE TEAM OF 3,4, OR 5.** I don't see any problem with being matched against a team of 3 as a solo player; I agree on the other two. Teams of 4 shouldn't be allowed at all, and teams of 5 should only be matched against other premade teams (either teams of 5, or 3+2). In the future, if the gap between the two groups can be reduced (e.g. by improving communication tools and so on), then maybe this could be revisited, but right now those kind of matches shouldn't be allowed. > the charts that riot themselves have shown have proven the system is broken and unfair toward solo players If you're referring to the charts [in Riot's announcement](http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/dynamic-queue-and-future-league), then you're misinterpreting them. Those charts are specifically about teams of 5 being matched against teams of 1-3. They are *not* about cases of solos vs smaller groups.
> No, I'm going to disagree with it. > I don't think the concept of dynamic queue is inherently broken. This is really All i need. your argument is dismissed until you give me a CONCRETE solution to balancing this. What you gave me isnt concrete > Give the solo players decent abilities to communicate so that they are not outclassed by the premade players, which in turn allows the MMR handicap to be reduced and makes the games more balanced and fairer. how does this solve the group mentality? I for one have offered many times to let the solo player in on a curse call and have been told no, because who cares about them - by MULTIPLE premades. Even when they're in chat they're still shit talked to. doesnt solve the rest of the problems either. Improving communication is fine but it's not the main reason people dont like Dynamic Queue. > Reduce the maximum rank difference (as above.) Boosting via smurfing still doesnt get fixed. > Remove the ability to queue as 4 players altogether (only allow 1, 2, 3, 5) - 4+1 is the **most** toxic. you said MOST toxic. However they're all just as toxic 3 +2 and 2+3(solos) is just as toxic. If you hated Duos before (which I sure as hell did) it's still just as bad and even WORSE. And again You can get boosted with 2 or 4 premade teammates. so what problem gets solved? > Show indicators as to which players are premade to all players right on the loading screen / scoreboard, to allow solo players to make use of that knowledge and predict which players are likely to work together. http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/youre_serious_futurama.gif It'll be used the exact **OPPOSITE** way. * 3-5 man see's you're alone * 3-5 man targets the fuck out of YOU. You know they will and no amount of playing safe will save you from coordinated 3-5 man gank. * Your team also made of premades ignores YOU and uses this to push. * You now feel even WORSE than before. because even if you're a solo laner, you're a glorified meat shield with a great global taunt And still 0 mention of ranked integrity. Why should I have a solo ranking when the quickest and most effective way to climb is to use a premade of friends? AND THEN that premade of friends can get me to places that i should not have gotten to alone, play at that place alone and RUIN THE GAME FOR OTHERS. I dont Know how many times this needs to be spelt out **RANKED INTEGRITY IS GONE** it's the reason people played ranked. People want it back and rightfully so. What is the point of an individual rank when it means absolutely NOTHING. this is what people mean when they say ranked is a joke this season. you have casual fuckwits who are TERRIBLE getting boosted to places they shouldnt be LEGALLY. All the while increasing toxicity of that group mentality. it's bullshit. It's inherently broken. You're not fixing these problems. the only way to fix the issue is to just scrap it. If the idea's only merit is "well it has merit" then it's a BAD IDEA. Take communism or Marxism for example. has merit, fails every time, results in lots of death. and it wont ever be fixed because of some very inhernt issues that are overlooked - people's behaviour. > Teammates who support each other and compensate for each others' weakness are good teammates, regardless of queue. In solo queue those teammates support each-other, yes, but in Dynamic queue premades will play EXACTLY to your specifications, why? because they know your playstyle before the game begins. A solo teammate who does that well is a person who's trained and BETTERED himself to look for it in others - a skill you lose when you're used to playing with the same people. **THEY ARE NOT THE SAME** > I don't see any problem with being matched against a team of 3 as a solo player Cool, then go to normals. There is no reason to have such a major discrepancy in a RANKED match. > A below-average player has a much better chance of losing/throwing a game than the above-average player they are queueing with. Only in a situation where the above average player is a completely random factor - where he may wind up with a myrid of roiles he isnt as proficient at, and with uncooperative bad players. If the above average player, is queued with the lower player KNOWINGLY, then the tables turn. > If they are seriously playing that far out of their league, then they are going to end up dragging the higher-level player down, rather than the other way around. Again - they wont. if they're a coordinated premade team the bad player knows to leave it to the higher level player - they give the higher level player the role he's best at, and lets him do his thing, all the while supporting his needs. Aforementioned player, if they have voice chat can also tell you WHEN and how to position in a mere couple of seconds - again the low level knows that he's knowledgeable and abides by his strategies. The high level player also will compensate for the low level's weaknesses and take advantages of his strength after playing a series of matches together. That's how it works. Until you can account for all of Dynamic queue's inherent follies I'm afraid we have nothing more to talk about. You're deadset on believing it can be fixed, but how can you fix the biggest problem of all - that being ranked integrity? You haven't answered that question. And seem to be ignoring it altogether. Either answer it or admit you're wrong and being willfully ignorant.
: People are saying that solo queue was entirely about individual skill, and dynamic queue is not, and I'm saying that's a fallacy, it is a bad argument. Solo queue wasn't some flawless system. A lot of games were decided by the randomness of which players ended up on which team, rather than any one player's individual skill. Does the same apply to solo players in dynamic queue? Yes, of course it does. In solo queue, you were one player trying to do your best with a team of 4 unknown people that you had no control over. That's exactly the same in dynamic queue. I'm actually going to argue that playing with a somewhat consistent team (of people that you know are at least somewhat reliable) will help you develop and make use of your individual skill *more*, since you're not so focused on trying to carry 4 players that you don't know if you can rely on. Note that I'm just talking here about queueing with people that you meet in your games and who seem to be good players (e.g. other players at the same rank as you, and not friends / using voice comms.) In my eyes, the main issues with dynamic queue are: 1. Teams with voice communications have an unfair advantage over teams who don't. This includes premade groups using it vs premade groups not using it. Premades without voice comms are at an even bigger disadvantage because they are matched as if they are using it. 2. Skill disparity in team The players on teams can often be very different in terms of skill, e.g. Silver + Platinum. That leads to very uneven games. 3. MMR handicap This one's odd. Teams with better communication win more, so the matchmaker gives them a significant MMR handicap. What this actually seems to do in practice is make for very uneven games, where a team's communications will let them get an advantage early on (with well-coordinated ganks, for example), but then the fact that they are all less skilled than the solo players on the other team tends to mean that they slowly lose anyway in the late game, because they are simply worse than the solo players. > With these teams individual input means nothing. You could get raped in lane by a surprise 4 man gank bot, and you will almost always die . If you're the solo player there is NOTHING you can do to alert your team to react in time. these factors being COMPLETELY out of the solo player's hands - and there is nothing you can do about it. Here you are getting to one of the main issues that I see with dynamic queue. Being 4-man ganked isn't fun, especially since as a solo player, you'll rarely have your team doing that, and, as you stated, you often can't alert your team because when you see it coming, there's no time to type. Here, I'm going to argue that you're approaching the problem from the wrong side. The problem there isn't dynamic queue as such, it's that the premades have much better communication available (if they are using voice chat.) The solution there is *to give all players better communication systems* so that solo players can also organise these types of plays or organise responses to them.
So you're just going to ignore that a solo player should never be placed on the same ranked ladder as a PREMADE group of players? The two play-styles are completely different, one requires full use of skills to climb, the other has teammates supporting and compensating for potential lacks in skill. Communication isnt the only problem here. In order to even attempt to balance this shit, youd have to place premades against a group one whole tier higher. tell me something - whats the point of MMR, whats the point of that _ranking_ if the system forces you to play against/with super far above or super far below it? that's the problem right there - it makes the concept of the individual rank WORTHLESS. Whearas before the team was ranked as a team, now you have a team ranked as a bunch of solo players. And if one of those solo players plays on a ranked team lets say from bronze to gold, and gets carried for all of his non-bronze games. You now have a person that can queue up alone in gold with a bronze skill set, and mindset - who is also a one-trick-pony because he played one specific role to a specific group's specifications walking into a game he's not supposed to be in - again not a problem with the previous ranked 5s, your team ranking and solo ranking were separate. Now everyone in that game may as well have an AFK, because of how busted this system is. Why do you think people are complaining about "boosted players" This system fully allows for it What's the point in putting in all that effort when Joe Schmoe can do that if he has a good enough premade? **How can you not see this very serious problem?** And more-so how come you cannot see that this problem exists BECAUSE OF DYNAMIC QUEUE?? How do you fix these issues? No seriously Im asking you how you fix an issue like that? This is what you seem to fail to understand. no amount of balancing could fix a system thats so inherently broken. It relies on grouping 2 different required skill sets together, and does nothing more than add toxicity. Communication is one issue, but it's not the only one. You still need to address that the skill sets of the 2 queue styles are not mutually exclusive. Finally, and here's the all important reason, ready?: **I AS A _SOLO_ PLAYER DO NOT WANT TO PLAY WITH OR AGAINST A PREMADE TEAM OF 3,4, OR 5.** I should never be playing with these people, unless im in a normal. We had ranked teams for that shit, revert these bullshit changes. and while we're at it, you keep using words to cushion the blow as "your opinion" meanwhile the charts that riot themselves have shown have proven the system is broken and unfair toward solo players and this is a major reason why.
: Well queue times which is your only solid evidence is probably best explained by their being less of a pool for each role due to pick intent. It causes a bottle jam in certain roles. Primarily support. So now their are a lot less potential supports. Before DQ every one was just match with similarly skilled players. Now every one is paired with similarly skilled players of different roles. Which makes queue times longer.
Queue times, Google Search interest Graphs, Korean game interest charts. people nonstop announcing that they're leaving - and yes, i am one of them, and Support mains getting 3 minute wait times? Yeah something is up, and It's not hard to guess what is up. people are tired of Riot's shit and are leaving. I certainly did.
: While putting his harshness aside, I sympathize with part of his point. It's one thing to bring a concern forward. This dead horse has beaten to a pulp, but it's at least *almost* tolerable when someone rehashes one of the few decent arguments in a clear way. But simply spamming the frontpage with a sentence condemning the system for points (every. damn. day.) is infuriating, and yes, we could have been looking at a productive post instead.
The point has to get across somehow. This is needed
: Making an observation fit your opinion is a dangerously way to look at the world. To find out truly what is going on you need to look at all the facts objectively. Which we don't have the methods or the resources to do. What is much more likely is that dynamic queue limited the amount of players in each role thus slowing down matchmaking. This idea can be supported by the fact that blind pick still has extremely low queue times.
Do you understand the deductive process? it's quite similar to scientific method. Observe > 2 things: > 1: Dynamic queue comes out to horrible response > 2: As the season progresses more players show frustration by announcing they quit, and queue times get longer Form an educated Hypothesis "The growing player frustration has probably caused people to quit and make queue times longer. This may also be an indication that the playerbase is dwindling" Test Hypothesis/ currenty circumstantial evidence * Riot hasnt released their daily active list since 2014 * The community continues to announce quitting the game * Queue times get longer and longer * Dia+ smurfing causes more player frustration * Boosting also causing player frustration * LoL's numbers begin to nosedive in Korea, an area which takes E sports quite seriously. * Riot has openly been caught lying about Solo Queue's existence making their integrity null * Riot has also dishonestly tried to mask people's opinions of SQ over DQ by polling players on SQ but never DQ * Riot still refuses to release the solid numbers We're missing the exact definitive proof, but the community reaction along with those other factors is enough to make an educated It's purely conjecture, of course but that doesnt make it wrong. And there is evidence to support it.
: I wasn't quite saying that there's no solo skill involved in solo queue, what I was saying was that people seem to be claiming that your solo skill was the only thing that mattered in solo queue. That part is a fallacy, at least in short-medium term, until you play a large number of ranked games. In the end, yes, it's a factor, and if you are consistently good (as you said), you will slowly rise. But that's working on the law of averages. You often win or lose games not because of your skill, but because of factors very much outside of your control, usually related to the fact that you are matched with totally random players who may have vastly different skill levels, playstyles, and levels of toxicity. A player with significantly lower skill will still win more games if they are on a team who work well together. If you are a careful player (who avoids taking too many risks), and the rest of your team are larger risk-takers, you can have less chance of winning because your team just don't work well together, they don't react as expected to each other (the risk-takers expect the careful to take more risks, to follow up / engage, while the careful players expect the risk-takers to back off, etc.) Also, if one team has one extremely toxic player, then it becomes much harder for them to win. All of those are significant factors in deciding the outcome of the game, and as such they devalue the player's individual skill. What I was wondering was: imagine if there was a system where you could always have like-minded players on your team? Suppose you were a careful player, with good map-sense / teamwork / rotations and who never flamed, and *all of your teammates were too* You'd have a huge advantage, sure, but also your games would be much more fun and much more dependant on your individual skill. As an aside, people who flame and aren't bothered by flaming could choose to queue together with others like-minded individuals, where the flaming wouldn't affect those who don't want it, and the flamers could do what they wanted with much less fear of being reported. I'm not even really talking about premades here as such, but something like a clans concept, where like-minded players join up to play together, not necessarily as friends, nor with voice comms, just with a group of players who share a playstyle and mindset. I'd love to see a system like that. Unfortunately, I haven't quite worked out how something like that could work without making the queue times even more diabolically long. As a primarily solo player who just wants to play the game without worrying about any social aspects, this concept really appeals to me. It doesn't have the whole social angle of making friends, using voice comms, etc., but instead would allow solo players to play with like-minded solo players and make the game much more enjoyable.
Stop calling things a fallacy - you seem to not know what it is, a fallacy is a BAD argument the argument for soloqueue is about solo skill, feeling like YOU the individual has input with the team. It's not a fallacy. It's not here in DQ so guess why people - solo players are upset? Take that feeling of individual achievement coupled with other issues and it makes a perfect argument. Imagine if somebody said you could never play a basketball game with 5 random people and you HAD to either make your own team, or play with other teams? Why? because "fuck you that's why" this is what dynamic queue is. a horrible toxic experience to solo players and the reason i REFUSE to continue playing LoL till it's fixed and Riot confesses their incompetence in the issue. > In the end, yes, it's a factor, and if you are consistently good (as you said), you will slowly rise. But that's working on the law of averages. You're exactly right but what does this have to do with anything being discussed? > > You often win or lose games not because of your skill, but because of factors very much outside of your control, usually related to the fact that you are matched with totally random players who may have vastly different skill levels, playstyles, and levels of toxicity. consistency is what makes one climb. Average consistency. The best players adapt well to their teammates and are able to handle toxicity well. Yes we're aware that random people's nonsense can in fact cost games completely, and i campaigned against the bullshit - but saying "it was kind of lame before too" doesnt help as an argument when the issues ARE STILL THERE AND WORSENED IF YOU'RE SOLO. This system made things WORSE! > > All of those are significant factors in deciding the outcome of the game, and as such they devalue the player's individual skill. That's a half-truth. At the end of the day even when things are more difficult for you you still hold chances of winning if you're good enough. everybody in the game is in the exact same position as you, therefore even if it's broken there is still a fairness to it. With these teams individual input means nothing. You could get raped in lane by a surprise 4 man gank bot, and you will almost always die . If you're the solo player there is NOTHING you can do to alert your team to react in time. these factors being COMPLETELY out of the solo player's hands - and there is nothing you can do about it. In previous seasons if you were behind you could still play back into the game properly - now with added voice chat a la Skype or Curse that's no longer an option because they're coordinating plays properly while you're a solo player who has to rely on pings or risk getting killed while typing out "hey guys cover me im gonna fla-". the rest is talking about social circle stuff which i really dont care about
Veraska (NA)
: I don't play a whole lot of ranked no, only when I really feel like it, and I mean like, solo Q is so different from like LCS or 5v5 because it feels like it's more about your individual mechanics carrying games despite your teammates instead of working together if that makes any sense? Like, I remember reading so many posts about how you're supposed to just ignore your teammates and focus on getting yourself fed so you can carry, that's not how a team game should be played. And gaming the system is what a rioter said when they realized that the support pool was to thin in the queue, like I'm guessing they thought more people would pick support secondary or fill but all those people stopped because everyone else was going top/jgl or mid/bot so they would never have to support, that's what I meant when I said game the system (I can definitely see how that wasn't clear)
FALSE: It's about learning when to carry despite yur teammates and when to let somebody else carry, and work around them... in other words it's about ADAPTABILITY. And even in team games you sometimes have to ignore your teammates playing poorly. Dont hinder them, but dont let them become a burden to you either. that's the point of saying it. If you let THEIR bad play Burden you then you become a second brick on the team that needs to be carried. The support queue is thin indeed but then again Dynamic queue has clearly lost players. hence the bump in queue times. I reckon bringing it back will improve QTs significantly.
Show more

blacknerdtaku

Level 44 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion