rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=blindasleep,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=diy0Hx5I,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-04T01:31:01.143+0000) > > TCG's are greedy as hell. There is some chance to recover at least some of your money from physical goods though. Unless you sell a whole account there is not really any chance to get back anything from virtual goods in many cases. The amount you can recover, unless you get *extremely* lucky and have a good condition card after years of use, is next to none. But at least someone finally admits that for someone to think these surprise eggs are greedy, one must also consider TCGs greedy. Whether I agree with your opinion or not is another discussion to be had - but it's both or neither.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=diy0Hx5I,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-04T01:32:22.195+0000) > > The amount you can recover, unless you get *extremely* lucky and have a good condition card after years of use, is next to none. > > But at least someone finally admits that for someone to think these surprise eggs are greedy, one must also consider TCGs greedy. Whether I agree with your opinion or not is another discussion to be had - but it's both or neither. I've played a few TCG's. They are business designed to make money. MtG has obsolete dates for sets built into it's competitive frame work. Every card does still have value even if very little. There is also the chance you stumble across a piece of cardboard that might as well be a gold bar. As long as someone remembers the game fondly you have a chance to get your money back or if it's deemed culturally important enough and in some cases just pleasing to look at. People's big issue with virtual items being obtained in the same way is that if league were to shut down it's just gone. Or FIFA when a particular edition is depopulated or just on a console that is no longer supported online. I don't care as much about it in something like League because it's how they keep the lights on. Don't much like it in a full price or subscription game. Even for something like League there need to be some boundaries. That pretty much all skins can be obtained without spending money on the randomized boxes is possible and most are for sale directly is better than some companies do.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=diy0Hx5I,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-04T01:21:02.157+0000) > > And that is why it's greedy, because you shouldn't have to buy multiple to get the one you want. Which means TCG's should be considered greedy as well. > Because there are options to buy the one you need if not from them, then from a 3rd party. At a ridiculously high price that makes it virtually nonexistent. Seriously. Buy the one you want for $500 or pay $100 for enough packs to get it.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=diy0Hx5I,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-04T01:24:10.750+0000) > > Which means TCG's should be considered greedy as well. > > At a ridiculously high price that makes it virtually nonexistent. Seriously. Buy the one you want for $500 or pay $100 for enough packs to get it. TCG's are greedy as hell. There is some chance to recover at least some of your money from physical goods though. Unless you sell a whole account there is not really any chance to get back anything from virtual goods in many cases.
: Anyone else having DC issues in the loading screen?
TakaDama (NA)
: This is an incredibly silly reason to me as the AD Grievous wounds item is nothing but AD and grievous wounds for 800 gold and builds into an item with 25% armor penetration and 5 more AD than a BF sword. By comparison, this is more AD than both Black Cleaver and Titanic Hydra, doesnt require any build up for the armor penetration, and provides a bit more damage and utility all of Kled's abilities. Not saying Mortal Reminder should be core on him or anyone, but it literally makes no sense why one can't counterbuild.
> [{quoted}](name=TakaDama,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=K3Zx6Tvq,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-23T18:55:09.210+0000) > > This is an incredibly silly reason to me as the AD Grievous wounds item is nothing but AD and grievous wounds for 800 gold and builds into an item with 25% armor penetration and 5 more AD than a BF sword. By comparison, this is more AD than both Black Cleaver and Titanic Hydra, doesnt require any build up for the armor penetration, and provides a bit more damage and utility all of Kled's abilities. > > Not saying Mortal Reminder should be core on him or anyone, but it literally makes no sense why one can't counterbuild. My point was simply that Kled shouldn't need nerfs just from this because he can still be countered and that the reason it was added is because a lot of players simply refuse to build based on the game state. It's a band-aid like a lot of Riots "fixes". I could be wrong and he may end up needing nerfs, but they shouldn't be done as a knee jerk reaction if he has a spike in the short term.
: > [{quoted}](name=blindasleep,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=K3Zx6Tvq,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-23T18:33:27.910+0000) > > You can get GW 100% uptime through items. It's not as strong at base, but more reliable. So there should be no reason to nerf Kled when he needs items (loads more gold) to get the same uptime. The only reasons they added it to Kled is because his pick/ban isn't super high because he has counter play and room for power in his kit because of that, while people who should be building the GW items won't adjust their builds to included them because "but I won't have as much damage". then where are Shaco buffs?
> [{quoted}](name=GrãñðmãstêrShãçø,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=K3Zx6Tvq,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-07-24T14:34:21.923+0000) > > then where are Shaco buffs? Unrelated.
: Please don't nerf Kled around having GW on Q. Nobody who plays Kled wanted that shit.
You can get GW 100% uptime through items. It's not as strong at base, but more reliable. So there should be no reason to nerf Kled when he needs items (loads more gold) to get the same uptime. The only reasons they added it to Kled is because his pick/ban isn't super high because he has counter play and room for power in his kit because of that, while people who should be building the GW items won't adjust their builds to included them because "but I won't have as much damage".
Buuzuu (NA)
: loading screen is black
I can't even get the loading screen to try to pop up.
Rioter Comments
Kanzler (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=blindasleep,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EPIERmVn,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-25T17:11:15.408+0000) > > I have 56 keys and have only gotten 1 chest ever, but I don't play a lot of games that you can get chest from. Ugh, I wish I could get keys. I'm sitting on 5 chests because the keys don't come in quick enough.
> [{quoted}](name=Kanzler,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EPIERmVn,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-25T18:48:41.893+0000) > > Ugh, I wish I could get keys. I'm sitting on 5 chests because the keys don't come in quick enough. To be honest, play some bot games. Most of the people in them are pretty chill and will give honor if you aren't super greedy and trolly. Just be helpful when you can and don't ks a lot. Move around the map when you can and just have cooperative play style. I get a fragment pretty regularly.
: Key Fragments
I have 56 keys and have only gotten 1 chest ever, but I don't play a lot of games that you can get chest from.
: > [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J9Td4dap,comment-id=000a0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T19:34:34.195+0000) > > The only one who said I was trolling was you,the burden proof is on YOU not me since YOU made the claim, and I didn't present my example like that what you said is a flat out lie, I presented it was a reason to why I am trying to have a discussion and that's all it can be taken as. > > Funny that you used a strawman ("people who already pointed them out to you and left" no one else is claiming this but you) then you say this is how you have a proper debate while breaking the rules by not supporting your claims and not understanding that the burden of proof is on the one making the claim. Then you just flat out lie and made up a reason that makes no sense unless you TAKE IT OUT CONTEXT. > > > I have given proof,I have responded to everything unlike you but yet you still hold the idea I'm not trying to have a discussion lol. > > Guy one the biggest parts of a discussion when someone makes a claim is proof if you can't show proof then you should not bring it up. You haven't given any relevant proof though. Just clusters of opinions and statements that don't prove the opinion. The decision of whether or not playing off-meta will be bannable has already been decided completely by the only source that matters. Riot And they deemed that suffocating the game by setting rules that ban players for experimenting is not going to happen.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J9Td4dap,comment-id=000a00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T19:45:18.454+0000) > > You haven't given any relevant proof though. Just clusters of opinions and statements that don't prove the opinion. > > The decision of whether or not playing off-meta will be bannable has already been decided completely by the only source that matters. > > Riot > > And they deemed that suffocating the game by setting rules that ban players for experimenting is not going to happen. Don't get trapped in the loop with me. I've seen your post around the boards. You seem well reasoned and logical. Don't descend into the madness.
: > [{quoted}](name=blindasleep,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J9Td4dap,comment-id=000a000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T19:17:00.675+0000) > > You know no one in their right mind is going to go through the pointless process of rehashing things you already have first hand knowledge of, your trying to frame this as if I have to prove these things to other people who already pointed them out to you and left because they realized that it was pointless to continue on with you. I responded to the specific example that you gave because you presented a specific example that pertains to the original statement you made in the thread. That is how proper debate and discussion works. I'm not trying to argue to a audience, I'm pointing out the tactics you've used to you. Aside from the one example you gave and the derided me for responding to all you've done is work your way through the Youtube pundit's playbook. The only one who said I was trolling was you,the burden proof is on YOU not me since YOU made the claim, and I didn't present my example like that what you said is a flat out lie, I presented it was a reason to why I am trying to have a discussion and that's all it can be taken as. Funny that you used a strawman ("people who already pointed them out to you and left" no one else is claiming this but you) then you say this is how you have a proper debate while breaking the rules by not supporting your claims and not understanding that the burden of proof is on the one making the claim. Then you just flat out lie and made up a reason that makes no sense unless you TAKE IT OUT CONTEXT. I have given proof,I have responded to everything unlike you but yet you still hold the idea I'm not trying to have a discussion lol. Guy one the biggest parts of a discussion when someone makes a claim is proof if you can't show proof then you should not bring it up.
> [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J9Td4dap,comment-id=000a0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T19:34:34.195+0000) > > The only one who said I was trolling was you,the burden proof is on YOU not me since YOU made the claim, and I didn't present my example like that what you said is a flat out lie, I presented it was a reason to why I am trying to have a discussion and that's all it can be taken as. > > Funny that you used a strawman ("people who already pointed them out to you and left" no one else is claiming this but you) then you say this is how you have a proper debate while breaking the rules by not supporting your claims and not understanding that the burden of proof is on the one making the claim. Then you just flat out lie and made up a reason that makes no sense unless you TAKE IT OUT CONTEXT. > > > I have given proof,I have responded to everything unlike you but yet you still hold the idea I'm not trying to have a discussion lol. > > Guy one the biggest parts of a discussion when someone makes a claim is proof if you can't show proof then you should not bring it up. The proof is present in the tread, therefore, no reason to rehash what is present, as it would be a huge waste of time. Something I already said and explained , which you summarily dismissed. We can keep having a circular conversation, I really don't care. Have to go to work soon though so I may not respond for a few hours. Have to sleep later too, so that might also cause a break. Also I said you might be trolling, based on how you responded to others, maybe that really wasn't your intent. You responded to that by using tactics that trolls use to "win" debates though. I could try to contact the people who left I guess, but then you could do that to support your position as well, pretty sure neither of us is going to bother with that though. Eventually I'll get bored of this as well and you can pat yourself on the back for a job well done.
: I was wondering how support would work. How about tanks? Can tanks reasonably build QSS for mord?
> [{quoted}](name=Hethalean,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vsdKYAvw,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T19:25:25.061+0000) > > I was wondering how support would work. > > How about tanks? Can tanks reasonably build QSS for mord? If Morde ults the support, they are using one of a select few supports, Morde is bad, that support is the only player doing well on that team, the support is not really a support, somebody got caught out, or maybe they are running smite with unsealed spellbook.
: > [{quoted}](name=blindasleep,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J9Td4dap,comment-id=000a0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T18:44:24.572+0000) > > Dear, Mr. Shapiro > Now your attempting to make an unreasonable demand that I quote all the places that you have done the things stated, and taking one small piece of a statement an presenting it as the whole statement. I will not waste my time trying to meet an unreasonable demand. As for the example you gave, you should be playing normal games to learn a champ so that you have at least a baseline understanding before going into ranked, so there would be no reason to care if the if the example you gave came to pass beyond the frustration within that game, and you should take what you can learn from that game and apply it later if you run across such a situation at a later time when you have gained an understanding of that champ. Yes my unreasonable claim demands THAT YOU BACK UP YOUR STATEMENTS lol then you don't understand why I give the quote since me giving it shows that I don't ignore people or there points like WHY DID YOU RESPOND TO IT, IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING all it is was proof that I don't do what you said. Like don't accuse someone if you're not going to back it up then try to change the topic.
> [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J9Td4dap,comment-id=000a00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T18:58:30.234+0000) > > Yes my unreasonable claim demands THAT YOU BACK UP YOUR STATEMENTS lol then you don't understand why I give the quote since me giving it shows that I don't ignore people or there points like WHY DID YOU RESPOND TO IT, IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING all it is was proof that I don't do what you said. > > Like don't accuse someone if you're not going to back it up then try to change the topic. You know no one in their right mind is going to go through the pointless process of rehashing things you already have first hand knowledge of, your trying to frame this as if I have to prove these things to other people who already pointed them out to you and left because they realized that it was pointless to continue on with you. I responded to the specific example that you gave because you presented a specific example that pertains to the original statement you made in the thread. That is how proper debate and discussion works. I'm not trying to argue to a audience, I'm pointing out the tactics you've used to you. Aside from the one example you gave and the derided me for responding to all you've done is work your way through the Youtube pundit's playbook.
: > [{quoted}](name=blindasleep,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J9Td4dap,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T17:59:16.424+0000) > > Most of your replies are straw man, referring back to your original post without adding anything and just dismissing and insulting others outright without defending your positions or refuting theirs with any kind of logic. You've basically been using a strategy of trying to get other to abandon engaging with you so you get the last word. Basically the Ben Shapiro method of debate, which is not to debate in good faith with logic, but frustrate your opponent into walking away through blind obstinance and derision and then proclaiming victory. Most of my post are strawman ummm no there not and I can't defend myself since you give no example. I have been referring back to my original post since I make this responses in between games and a lot of them are just " what about stuff in pro play" " what about sona taric" which in my post the system I suggested would let people play off meta if the team was ok with it so yeah I'm going to recommend them to go back and read my post I also have explained it when they come back and say similar stuff. Also you're just wrong about me adding and dismissing things like here this was in a recent post "If someone tries to learn Aatrox and the enemy team has two top laners you learn basically NOTHING adapting only works if you have a base line if you are learning you don't have a base line. There again I give a example UNLIKE YOU. If I play poppy I know how to play vs two people since I understand what poppy needs to do in a game whereas if I play olaf I will fail since I don't understand what olaf needs to do well and when the game is over I will still not understand since the next time I play olaf I will be in a normal top lane." This was in response to someone saying I was wrong about off meta hurting learning and the guy basically responded to it by dismissing the main point of it and when I said he did that he basically just give up. Do you want to me give more since I have more and If you think any of that is trying to kill a discussion then we have different idea of what a discussion is. Also I asked for proof not accusations but I will say that I could be nicer.
> [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J9Td4dap,comment-id=000a000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T18:25:27.579+0000) > > Most of my post are strawman ummm no there not and I can't defend myself since you give no example. > > I have been referring back to my original post since I make this responses in between games and a lot of them are just " what about stuff in pro play" " what about sona taric" which in my post the system I suggested would let people play off meta if the team was ok with it so yeah I'm going to recommend them to go back and read my post I also have explained it when they come back and say similar stuff. > > Also you're just wrong about me adding and dismissing things like here this was in a recent post > "If someone tries to learn Aatrox and the enemy team has two top laners you learn basically NOTHING adapting only works if you have a base line if you are learning you don't have a base line. There again I give a example UNLIKE YOU. > If I play poppy I know how to play vs two people since I understand what poppy needs to do in a game whereas if I play olaf I will fail since I don't understand what olaf needs to do well and when the game is over I will still not understand since the next time I play olaf I will be in a normal top lane." > This was in response to someone saying I was wrong about off meta hurting learning and the guy basically responded to it by dismissing the main point of it and when I said he did that he basically just give up. > > Do you want to me give more since I have more and If you think any of that is trying to kill a discussion then we have different idea of what a discussion is. > > Also I asked for proof not accusations but I will say that I could be nicer. Dear, Mr. Shapiro Now your attempting to make an unreasonable demand that I quote all the places that you have done the things stated, and taking one small piece of a statement an presenting it as the whole statement. I will not waste my time trying to meet an unreasonable demand. As for the example you gave, you should be playing normal games to learn a champ so that you have at least a baseline understanding before going into ranked, so there would be no reason to care if the if the example you gave came to pass beyond the frustration within that game, and you should take what you can learn from that game and apply it later if you run across such a situation at a later time when you have gained an understanding of that champ.
: > [{quoted}](name=blindasleep,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J9Td4dap,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-06-24T16:53:04.199+0000) > > At this point it seems that OP could just be trolling as they have not actually debated anything in a competent manner, been throwing out obviously flawed statements, and even self contradicting. Proof since I have not and you are just lying since you disagreed with but you can't give a real argument so you have to lie.
> [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J9Td4dap,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-06-24T16:57:35.826+0000) > > Proof since I have not and you are just lying since you disagreed with but you can't give a real argument so you have to lie. Most of your replies are straw man, referring back to your original post without adding anything and just dismissing and insulting others outright without defending your positions or refuting theirs with any kind of logic. You've basically been using a strategy of trying to get other to abandon engaging with you so you get the last word. Basically the Ben Shapiro method of debate, which is not to debate in good faith with logic, but frustrate your opponent into walking away through blind obstinance and derision and then proclaiming victory.
: Unpopular opinion off meta picks should get you banned no questions asked.
At this point it seems that OP could just be trolling as they have not actually debated anything in a competent manner, been throwing out obviously flawed statements, and even self contradicting.
: Just adapt. He's still strong. You're letting a mechanical change blind you to the actual decent damage he still puts out.
> [{quoted}](name=Mavëríck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dququfBj,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-24T15:25:22.041+0000) > > Just adapt. He's still strong. You're letting a mechanical change blind you to the actual decent damage he still puts out. This here. He's actually weak to burst now, but out right destroys champs reliant on sustained damage.
klin537 (NA)
: does anyone else think that karma is op?
Weak scaling by comparison, so early OP, late UP, unless your team works well together.
: > [{quoted}](name=SigTauInfinite,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J9Td4dap,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-24T15:09:32.161+0000) > > Although I do agree that blatant unreasonable unwanted off meta picks should be banable.. 1) only if it fails..and 2) only in ranked. Norms shouldn't matter. Well off meta never works it only works if the opponent doesn't know how to play against it that's why it's called off meta since it is not good. So failing or not it should be banned. Also no it should not only be ranked since again off meta hurts learning and that should be the point of normals
> [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=J9Td4dap,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T15:21:59.412+0000) > > Well off meta never works it only works if the opponent doesn't know how to play against it that's why it's called off meta since it is not good. So failing or not it should be banned. > > Also no it should not only be ranked since again off meta hurts learning and that should be the point of normals Off meta means that it doesn't fit the current meta which is the meta because everyone expects the other team to play that way as it is generally the most effective method known to influence gold income. If income influencing items and mechanics were removed from the game the meta would be forced to change drastically. There may in fact be a better method with certain setups, say one team picks a comp that is more level and less item dependent, then shifting to an off meta strat could be optimum. If everyone meta sheeps there will never be any reason to pick anything other than whatever champs are statistically strongest at the moment. This is why Riot goes through the nerf/buff cycle that sees changes that a lot of players think make no sense. So many people just meta sheep to get wins because they can only thing linearly so the same hand full of champs get picked in every game in a lazy paper, rock, scissors fashion. If a player wants to do something off meta they need to communicate what they are doing and why they think will work, the team should try to work with or around it, and the player should be willing to shift to a more meta strat as much as possible if their idea starts to put the team behind. If there is never any innovation the game will get stale and die.
: But that's a good thing his ult can take the enemy jg out it makes the game have more fun since it changes the way team go about going objectives which is good since makes the game interesting. Like there is no down side unless you hate adapting and idk why you're playing league if you hate that.
> [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xTBFWkpf,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-24T00:56:20.526+0000) > > But that's a good thing his ult can take the enemy jg out it makes the game have more fun since it changes the way team go about going objectives which is good since makes the game interesting. > > Like there is no down side unless you hate adapting and idk why you're playing league if you hate that. The adaptation is that the jungler has to pay to QSS tax, take cleanse, or someone else goes spellbook and hopes to be able to have smite at the appropriate time. That is the adaptation. Limiting those options would mean that a team could in theory build a comp around Morde that doesn't allow the other any option because they would have sacrifice too much in other areas or just give up any objective when Morde gets close.
: > [{quoted}](name=blindasleep,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oxsEWMPl,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-23T04:22:20.279+0000) > > Then just pass over those post. Ah yes let me just ignore half the fucking boards.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oxsEWMPl,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-23T05:44:20.936+0000) > > Ah yes let me just ignore half the fucking boards. Yes, it's really easy.
: Not playing your assigned position
It should go without saying, but using the fact that you have a stack to try and force someone into letting you do what you want could and should hit you all if enough people go through the trouble to report you all properly.
HeartVine (OCE)
: Thought up a new start! Guaranteed best strat ever or your money back! So OP!
It's 1 way to deal with it. Kind of trolly, but if you really think the other player is doing it maliciously I can't really say it's wrong. If they are legit trying to do something that they think might work they should also be willing to abandon that plan at a moments notice for something the team can possibly work better with before things get out of hand should the expected advantages start to slip away. It's a team game. If it's working the team should probably try to roll with it. If it's not that player should defer to benefit of the team.
: > [{quoted}](name=Tahminatrix ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oxsEWMPl,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-06-23T04:08:42.417+0000) > > Nb3 wasn't the adc, he was the jungler. > > He was khazix jungle, mid was irelia, adc was sivir against taric and sona botlane. couldn't sivir just keep lane through poke ability or does sona/taric just out do it?
> [{quoted}](name=SurrealTheHusky,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oxsEWMPl,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2019-06-23T04:18:19.368+0000) > > couldn't sivir just keep lane through poke ability or does sona/taric just out do it? They could probably out sustain, at 6 they could dive, possibly earlier with the jungler, eventually they would have been an issue. Nubrac should have communicated. He could have gotten the mid way ahead really fast and then gone with jungle to help the should be over leveled Sivir push them off and catch up gold wise, or roamed top to get the other lane ahead. NB3 and the others that went AFK never even considered the possible ways to play it out before flaming and giving up though.
: > [{quoted}](name=afmghost,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oxsEWMPl,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-23T03:33:19.395+0000) > > The fanboys found it quick lol Not a fanboy, just sick and fucking tired of seeing the same shit again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again. It's kinda annoying when the boards are half made up of basically identical posts.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oxsEWMPl,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-23T03:51:12.395+0000) > > Not a fanboy, just sick and fucking tired of seeing the same shit again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again. > > It's kinda annoying when the boards are half made up of basically identical posts. Then just pass over those post.
afmghost (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=blindasleep,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oxsEWMPl,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-23T03:38:59.923+0000) > > It's damage control only. He can still jump on the PBE, or other accounts if he wants too. His main wont even be locked out long enough to start decaying from not playing. The only thing he got locked out of was honor related things. That's a good TL:DR
> [{quoted}](name=afmghost,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oxsEWMPl,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-06-23T03:41:38.735+0000) > > That's a good TL:DR Don't even think he was kicked from the LPP.
afmghost (NA)
: Thoughts on NB3 and Nubrac (as if nobody else is talking about them)
It's damage control only. He can still jump on the PBE, or other accounts if he wants too. His main wont even be locked out long enough to start decaying from not playing. The only thing he got locked out of was honor related things.
: Nubrac himself, supposedly the best person in the game with his super awesome original strategy, has a 48% win rate with it so....
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=f9T8Aa98,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-06-22T23:41:02.280+0000) > > Nubrac himself, supposedly the best person in the game with his super awesome original strategy, has a 48% win rate with it so.... 48% with Teemo overall, closer to 80% with the specific strat in recent games. He was wrong for not communicating what he intended with his team before or really in the game, but he didn't just give up on the game. NB3 was wrong to flame, AFK, threaten to and abuse being able to reach Riot directly by calling down the hand of god and requesting a ban because he refused to try to work with or around a strat he didn't like. Both were wrong. This just ended up being one more example of Riots unequal application of rules that the community had to beat them over the head with so they couldn't sweep it under the rug when one of their pet streamers threw a tantrum. Nobody ever started playing League because they watched NB3, they started watching NB3 because they played League. He and other streamers get way more direct benefits out of the relationship than Riot does and Riot should recognize that there will always be a replacement for someone like NB3 instead of babying streamers. “ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL / BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS.”
mack9112 (NA)
: If you wanted any real punishment against him you all should have rallied and pushed twitch to issue a ban on him but instead you all screamed at riot so they did what they could with the tools they have.
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IhE43Ehm,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-22T04:26:11.045+0000) > > If you wanted any real punishment against him you all should have rallied and pushed twitch to issue a ban on him but instead you all screamed at riot so they did what they could with the tools they have. Honestly was a thought. Twitch's response would most likely have been that it is a Riot issue though since they have even more of a financial reason to let him act however he wants as they benefit from his presence directly and being an entitled %%%% isn't a violation of their rules.
: > [{quoted}](name=blindasleep,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IhE43Ehm,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-22T02:03:42.489+0000) > > To be absolutely honest, making all bans temporary ID bans is the only way to actually punish most of the trolls and people that do things like what NB3 did. Most of them have multiple accounts anyway so that if they get banned they just go down the list to the next account that isn't banned and continue as if nothing happen. Effectively nothing did. Do you know how an ID ban works? It's a shit ton of work and monitoring by live people. We can't do that for every person.
> [{quoted}](name=General Esdeath ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IhE43Ehm,comment-id=000000000002,timestamp=2019-06-22T02:23:01.158+0000) > > Do you know how an ID ban works? It's a shit ton of work and monitoring by live people. We can't do that for every person. Someone further up covered that. I get that it would be too labor intensive and complicated to be feasible as things are now. There still needs to be way to have meaningful consequences or at least work towards that end.
: In the purest context no. He probably lost his representative streamer of riot status he gained about 8 months ago, and he might get a small rank degen from not playing for 2 weeks, but yeah.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IhE43Ehm,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-22T02:10:35.924+0000) > > In the purest context no. > > He probably lost his representative streamer of riot status he gained about 8 months ago, and he might get a small rank degen from not playing for 2 weeks, but yeah. Unlikely that he really lost anything aside from time on his main account. Riot is really bad about thinking that details will never get out even though they have plenty of disgruntled employees that will gladly leak info and the idiots that they let get away with things usually have such massive egos that they will sell themselves and Riot out just to brag.
: Do you understand what trolling is? My opinion (something we're all entitled to) is that internet celebrities are idiots. These pissing contests and bans and everything they've all had in the last 2 weeks have gathered them even **more** attention. They're shitty people.
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IhE43Ehm,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-06-22T02:13:33.981+0000) > > Do you understand what trolling is? > > My opinion (something we're all entitled to) is that internet celebrities are idiots. These pissing contests and bans and everything they've all had in the last 2 weeks have gathered them even **more** attention. They're shitty people. They are, no disagreement there. My issue is that if there is zero real consequence and it starts something like this that they can just consider free publicity then something needs to change. There is no reason for them to change behavior if the punishment is meaningless, and it promotes the mouth breathers that love them to act the same way. I'll apologize for the troll comment as that doesn't seem to be your intent here. I do get your frustration with seeing this driven into the ground. I'm personally of the opinion that you have to beat Riot over the head with something if you hope for anything to change.
: > [{quoted}](name=blindasleep,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IhE43Ehm,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-22T02:03:42.489+0000) > > To be absolutely honest, making all bans temporary ID bans is the only way to actually punish most of the trolls and people that do things like what NB3 did. Most of them have multiple accounts anyway so that if they get banned they just go down the list to the next account that isn't banned and continue as if nothing happen. Effectively nothing did. With the exception of popular streamers that often stream most of their online presence, ID bans are practically an impossibility. It's also something that must be manually done, so it literally takes up constant man-hours just to keep an individual banned. I believe it should be reserved for those that have shown that they have a willful disregard for the rules and that no number of accounts banned will deter them from continuing extremely disruptive behavior. Before Tyler1 got his ID ban he had dozens of accounts banned for various things including chat behavior, intentionally feeding, and purchasing accounts. All while encouraging his fans to hold getting banned in high praise.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IhE43Ehm,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2019-06-22T02:10:10.894+0000) > > With the exception of popular streamers that often stream most of their online presence, ID bans are practically an impossibility. It's also something that must be manually done, so it literally takes up constant man-hours just to keep an individual banned. > > So I believe it should be reserved for those that have shown that they have a willful disregard for the rules and that no number of accounts banned will deter them from continuing extremely disruptive behavior. Before Tyler1 got his ID ban he had dozens of accounts banned for various things including chat behavior, intentionally feeding, and purchasing accounts. All while encouraging his fans to hold getting banned in high praise. A reasonable response. Still think there needs to be some way to have a punishment that actually means something, but I get what you're saying.
: It is a behavior issue he's 2 week banned for. However, his PBE account is a different account than his main, resulting in a bypass.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IhE43Ehm,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-06-22T02:05:57.297+0000) > > It is a behavior issue he's 2 week banned for. However, his PBE account is a different account than his main, resulting in a bypass. Which means that in effect nothing happened to him.
: Because he's not ID banned?
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IhE43Ehm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-22T01:57:51.492+0000) > > Because he's not ID banned? To be absolutely honest, making all bans temporary ID bans is the only way to actually punish most of the trolls and people that do things like what NB3 did. Most of them have multiple accounts anyway so that if they get banned they just go down the list to the next account that isn't banned and continue as if nothing happen. Effectively nothing did.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=blindasleep,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TojtmiPu,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-21T06:45:41.925+0000) > > So trying to force 1 person to play how you want them too, even if it means they can't enjoy the game, because you can't adjust so you prefer to just meta sheep is okay? 4 > 1. You want to do off meta stuff? Either communicate with your team and have their support or make q premade group with people who would be ok with that sort of strategy. I could care less what the 1 person wants. If he is going to create a NEGATIVE experience for the rest of his team then he deserves to be banned. Simple as that. You can say whatever you want means absolutely nothing. A singular person isn't greater than the rest of the team. If your team doesn't want you to do something and you just give them a middle finger and do it anyways cuz "I wants to play this way!" Then you deserve to be banned. There are hundreds of champions and strategies that are/were "off meta" yet people accepted them. Why? Because people COMMUNICATED with their team and had their team support instead of going "whatever you want I could care less I'm playing this and that's final"
> [{quoted}](name=ZephyrDrake,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TojtmiPu,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-21T22:27:13.868+0000) > > 4 > 1. You want to do off meta stuff? Either communicate with your team and have their support or make q premade group with people who would be ok with that sort of strategy. I could care less what the 1 person wants. If he is going to create a NEGATIVE experience for the rest of his team then he deserves to be banned. Simple as that. You can say whatever you want means absolutely nothing. A singular person isn't greater than the rest of the team. If your team doesn't want you to do something and you just give them a middle finger and do it anyways cuz "I wants to play this way!" Then you deserve to be banned. > > There are hundreds of champions and strategies that are/were "off meta" yet people accepted them. Why? Because people COMMUNICATED with their team and had their team support instead of going "whatever you want I could care less I'm playing this and that's final" Should you communicate your intention, absolutely. Should 4 people be able to force 1 person to play a certain way, no. By your reasoning if a duo decides they are going to play the rolls they want to regardless of where the system put them they can bully their way to that because they basically out vote any 1 other player and will probably be able to get the others to take their side just to avoid being penalized for dodging or returning to a long ass wait. Leaving the other player who got screwed over to take the penalties or likely get reported for not bending over and saying thank you.
Foe (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=blindasleep,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2bb28xra,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-06-21T17:02:54.361+0000) > > That would be enforcing a meta, and forced stagnation of the game. It shouldn't be banable in and of itself. If it is done with specific malicious intent that is something completely different. Do you believe FamousNubrac should have been banned for his decision to "Support" mid lane in this specific instance? Also, it's already forced stagnation and an enforced Meta except for the random variable for "Support" There is 5 players on each team, One role says TOP,another role BOT,another role MID,another role Jungle. Then there is "support" the undefined role variable.
> [{quoted}](name=Foe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2bb28xra,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-06-21T17:04:47.581+0000) > > Do you believe FamousNubrac should have been banned for his decision to "Support" mid lane in this specific instance? Possibly. I am really not trying to dig into it too deeply, like watching the game vids to compare and all that. I'm speaking generally. You should communicate your intent to the rest of your team in a timely manner. If you intend to do something that could be generally unexpected or off meta that needs to be made known so the team can work around or with it. That's not to say that NB3 is right either, as he made no attempt to work with or around how Nubrac after it became obvious how he intended to play, and immediately started flaming and acting like an entitled spoiled child. One needed to communicate and the other needs to grow up. Doing something off meta should not be banable unless you can prove malicious intent behind the choice to play that way. Other servers from different regions experiment all the time, NB3 plays off meta things all the time and expects others to meta sheep so he doesn't have to think about how to work around a different strat. Either way both did something wrong. Nubrac probably should have gotten some kind of warning because refusal to communicate is negatively impactful to the team especially in high elo games and maybe a ban if that was already done before. NB3 should probably have gotten a ban before this, and was likely shielded for being a bigger streamer, he should also be removed from the LPP and basically cut off by Riot from contacting any employees outside of the paths available to general players.
Foe (NA)
: Then Riot should specify what role support should go to in their in game client, simply rename the role Support to : Support Bot lane. This would make it more clear as where the support role should be. Otherwise, it should not be bannable.
> [{quoted}](name=Foe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2bb28xra,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-21T16:56:57.683+0000) > > Then Riot should specify what role support should go to in their in game client, simply rename the role Support to : Support Bot lane. This would make it more clear as where the support role should be. Otherwise, it should not be bannable. That would be enforcing a meta, and forced stagnation of the game. It shouldn't be banable in and of itself. If it is done with specific malicious intent that is something completely different.
Foe (NA)
: #unban FamousNubrac . Nightblue3 and FamousNubrac debate
> [{quoted}](name=Foe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2bb28xra,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-21T16:45:23.533+0000) > > @FamousNubrac Hello, I did not yet view the entire video of the debate over your ban with NB3. However, I wanted you to know an important detail. I believe you should argue the fact to Riot that there are specific roles, TOP,JUNGLE,MID,BOT,SUPPORT. Where does it say SUPPORT BOT as a role? The role support than is assumed for the team. Therefore Support does not specify which lane they are forced to be in, therefore there is no communication required by your part to tell your team your game play intentions or play style. Hope this helps. Have a nice day. [](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCKNjZAaXPk) > > P.S.: I personally would love a member of Riot to message their response to this. The general expectation through conditioned learning is that support goes bot lane. If you plan to do otherwise you should communicate that with your team, preferably in champ select. In the end both of the players were wrong. Riot initially handled it poorly and didn't communicate well on an issue they should have known from past experience could go very wrong and would likely get much larger than just the players in that game. Doing something off meta is fine and shouldn't be punished in itself and players shouldn't think they can enforce a certain meta on others. You adapt and work with who you get matched up with or expect to lose.
: That's all well and good, but to me it's a useless post presented as another rant in a long line of rants about internet celebrities. They aren't worth our time.
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=fKotEyYK,comment-id=0000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-06-21T15:48:15.521+0000) > > That's all well and good, but to me it's a useless post presented as another rant in a long line of rants about internet celebrities. They aren't worth our time. {{champion:48}} lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol
: > [{quoted}](name=blindasleep,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nzjeMvPs,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-21T07:04:17.605+0000) > > Double standards are a real bad look, and he didn't report the other guy through the normal system either. This is essentially Riot letting a streamer personally wield the ban hammer. Yeah, but if there wasn't a report against him, whether it was submitted through a support ticket, or the normal system, why should he get punished? Apparently no one in his game thought it was a big enough deal to report him for what he did.
> [{quoted}](name=Nik Nikerson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nzjeMvPs,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-21T08:20:10.494+0000) > > Yeah, but if there wasn't a report against him, whether it was submitted through a support ticket, or the normal system, why should he get punished? Apparently no one in his game thought it was a big enough deal to report him for what he did. He may have been reported. We have no way to know. In truth the community calling him out for this is effectively the same as reporting him the way he reported the other guy. Not the normal system, but reported to Riot none the less. He's a streamer though, so him calling in the hand of god like he did affects people outside of that particular games enjoyment of the game. Why bother trying to climb if someone can just ring up Riot and have you banned because they don't like the way you play. To be perfectly honest the Riot employee that ordered the original ban should be have that ability taken away from them as well. Dude may have deserved a ban, but the way in which it was done is wrong. All the pros and streamers siding with the original ban are just entitled children that think they deserve special treatment for being a well known figure. They don't make Riot money just by their presence, they are only well known because of the presence of Riot. That attitude is not going to serve them well once they are out of esports and statistically that is going to be the case for most of them one day. They are well known among a certain community and the rest of the world doesn't even know who they are.
: > [{quoted}](name=SovereignMammal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nzjeMvPs,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-21T06:46:30.391+0000) > > It's funny.....whenever you get a chat restriction for responding to someone flaming you, you get told context doesn't matter. > > But when nightgarbage3 does it, he gets excused because nubrac was "trolling" > > Does context matter or not? Did NB get reported?
> [{quoted}](name=Nik Nikerson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nzjeMvPs,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-21T06:48:11.212+0000) > > Did NB get reported? Double standards are a real bad look, and he didn't report the other guy through the normal system either. This is essentially Riot letting a streamer personally wield the ban hammer.
: > [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TojtmiPu,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-06-21T03:16:28.750+0000) > > And thats not how it works. If i wanna support mid, guess what? Yall have to deal with it. Or are you saying if im the ADC and i tell the support to fuck off out of the lane, i can do that? The support is stealing my xp! Guess what? If you get banned you cannot come here complaining about it! If your team doesn't want you to play a certain way you are a singular person trying to force your will on 4 others. You want to play your off meta strategy? Find like minded people. I don't have to deal with anything. I'll just report you and open a ticket and laugh as you get banned for going against the summoner's code.
> [{quoted}](name=ZephyrDrake,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TojtmiPu,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-21T03:48:45.066+0000) > > Guess what? If you get banned you cannot come here complaining about it! If your team doesn't want you to play a certain way you are a singular person trying to force your will on 4 others. You want to play your off meta strategy? Find like minded people. I don't have to deal with anything. I'll just report you and open a ticket and laugh as you get banned for going against the summoner's code. So trying to force 1 person to play how you want them too, even if it means they can't enjoy the game, because you can't adjust so you prefer to just meta sheep is okay?
: @Riot - AFK at fountain isn't punishable anymore?
This here is more my issue than anything. Regardless of what Teemo was or wasn't doing, these things are at least as bad. One got a ban for trolling. The other should have gotten a ban for threats and AFK. He should also be removed from the LPP because he basically used it as a threat in order to try and force another player to do what he wanted. He then used it to punish him for not backing down. You can call the guy a troll and ban him for not letting the team know what he was doing, but he has a decent win rate on the champ, which means he is playing to win. Not playing the way a streamer wants you to should not be the catalyst for a ban, and they shouldn't be able to just order one up from Riot. All the streamers and pros that are lining up behind him are just entitled pricks who think they deserve special treatment for being well known. A newer streamer would be brushed aside and possibly IP banned for it if they tried to do something like this and it got out, and if a Riot employee approved it they would probably be fired for potentially opening the company up to legal action.
Rioter Comments
Paroe (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Der Lindwurm,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kJwuA4Ea,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-10T23:45:08.108+0000) > > We all agreed she needs to be reworked again anyway. > > And that someone other than CertainlyT needs to do it. I hope you people realize that Akali is far more balanced in her current iteration than she ever was in her previous iteration, and that prior to the last round of nerfs (a triple nerf at that!) She was properly balanced? All this bias and blind hatred is disgusting.
> [{quoted}](name=Paroe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kJwuA4Ea,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-02-10T23:50:52.843+0000) > > I hope you people realize that Akali is far more balanced in her current iteration than she ever was in her previous iteration, and that prior to the last round of nerfs (a triple nerf at that!) She was properly balanced? > > All this bias and blind hatred is disgusting. {{champion:48}}
: the game feels way to grindy right now
Maybe Riot is trying to force everyone to get good at all parts of the game if they want to play ranked and do well instead of just getting good with 1 or 2 champs in 1 or 2 roles. Or if you want all the rewards that you can only get by playing and getting better your own greed will make you improve in all facets of the game. Could be a misfire. Only time and the number crunchers will tell.
Swegmec (NA)
: Burst Mage Item Concept (Scepter of Skirmishing)
Maybe if it cost almost as much as a {{item:3078}} . Even then you'd have to remove or change {{item:3157}} .
Show more

blindasleep

Level 150 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion