: League of Legends playerbase has been dying over the past 5 years
10 year old game not being popular in 10 years who could of guessed o wait it is still very popular and is still of the most played games in the world. Like can we stop this league is dying crap, every game has its ups and downs and the with the battle royales being super popular league will lose players. If more and more games become live services that means players will have less time and many of them won't spend that time on a 10 year old game. The core of league has not changed much and many people are just burned out and would rather play something different. Also the modas has basically died and that fact league still has that player base is amazing.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: September 20
Any chance of a sol revert? His playrate has not improved much and most of his players don't like it. So there is no reason to keep it.
: > [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tgWTGwhx,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-20T12:30:58.240+0000) > > I think he is talking about top/jg tanks which those items are actually bad. Like he was talking about sion and mr items basically no nothing for him. > > Like all of them are not general items like you need to have healing, do ap damage and want to do it or counter a champion like cass. > > Also funny you don't list any pure mr items you list hybrid items that give both mr and armor which is pretty shit when you need mr. > > Like mr for tanks is fucking shit. Especially if you're a ad tank or a tank that doesn't want to do damage. It's only good if you're like ornn or nunu. There are no generalist _completed_ items in League of Legends. Everything that doesn't come with some very specific stats that are only useful to a small segment of the champion roster has a passive that makes it particularly good for a small segment of the roster. Riot's design philosophy is that each item should have a target sales demographic, so to speak. A particular champion, or group of champions, that it synergizes really well with. If I were on the design team i'd make a few more generalist options with low cost and no passive, just stats. Maybe only one per major champion class, but at least one. This would both make deciding on a build easier and allow for more variation in how each champion can be played. Only reason I can see that they don't already do this is because they want to keep things like Tank Ekko from popping up, so they restrict champions to mainly one playstyle by making itemization far less efficient if they step outside it. Which is pretty shit. Why do the rest of us have to be stuck with one playstyle per champion just because Ekko's designer couldn't figure out how to design a kit that isn't completely OP if the champion gets tanky?
> [{quoted}](name=Metal Janna,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tgWTGwhx,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-20T18:38:20.872+0000) > > There are no generalist _completed_ items in League of Legends. Everything that doesn't come with some very specific stats that are only useful to a small segment of the champion roster has a passive that makes it particularly good for a small segment of the roster. > Riot's design philosophy is that each item should have a target sales demographic, so to speak. A particular champion, or group of champions, that it synergizes really well with. > > If I were on the design team i'd make a few more generalist options with low cost and no passive, just stats. Maybe only one per major champion class, but at least one. This would both make deciding on a build easier and allow for more variation in how each champion can be played. Only reason I can see that they don't already do this is because they want to keep things like Tank Ekko from popping up, so they restrict champions to mainly one playstyle by making itemization far less efficient if they step outside it. > > Which is pretty shit. Why do the rest of us have to be stuck with one playstyle per champion just because Ekko's designer couldn't figure out how to design a kit that isn't completely OP if the champion gets tanky? Ummm no general items? Say that to sunfire. Like what is your definition of generalist items? Since my definition is items that the majority of a class can use almost every game.
: Fuuuuck no MR isn't bad. I main support. I can't count how many times {{item:3028}} has saved me from a pokey {{champion:101}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:117}} or {{champion:63}}. It doesn't make me invincible or anything... but I don't have to back after one combo and if I don't eat the CC I can regenerate off a ton of pokes. Grab a {{item:3091}}. Or {{item:3190}} or {{item:3050}} if you're playing him support.
> [{quoted}](name=Metal Janna,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tgWTGwhx,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-20T07:08:48.979+0000) > > Fuuuuck no MR isn't bad. > I main support. > I can't count how many times {{item:3028}} has saved me from a pokey {{champion:101}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:117}} or {{champion:63}}. It doesn't make me invincible or anything... but I don't have to back after one combo and if I don't eat the CC I can regenerate off a ton of pokes. > Grab a {{item:3091}}. > Or {{item:3190}} or {{item:3050}} if you're playing him support. I think he is talking about top/jg tanks which those items are actually bad. Like he was talking about sion and mr items basically no nothing for him. Like all of them are not general items like you need to have healing, do ap damage and want to do it or counter a champion like cass. Also funny you don't list any pure mr items you list hybrid items that give both mr and armor which is pretty shit when you need mr. Like mr for tanks is fucking shit. Especially if you're a ad tank or a tank that doesn't want to do damage. It's only good if you're like ornn or nunu.
: Poll, should League have the option to change the in game language.
Well basically every other game you can do that, soooo yeah they probably should.
: We need more healing reduction items
I would like one for support so I actually have a way to stop healing because NO ON MY TEAM WILL FUCKING BUY IT EVEN THOUGH IT'S ONLY 800 GOLD. Maybe a reverse redemption where it stops healing in a area.
: PSA: Crowd Control is NOT a valid argument for counterplay against champions
It's 100% counter play. Like counter play is just how you play vs champions and ccing them fits that. Like ccing kayle doesn't do much but ccing yi or nasus and they're dead. Ccing cait doesn't do much but ccing Darius does lot. Like according to sol most not have any counter play since jumping on him is using the same logic as ccing them.
: > [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=000100020000000000000001000000010000,timestamp=2019-09-16T15:00:56.348+0000) > > Pyke has a high banrate since people like you what want every game to be easy and not learn the game just die to him. > > You fight pyke after he goes in that LIKE MOST SUPPORTS that go in. Since he can't do anything then once he goes in he needs his team to help and even if they do he sometimes will die based on the champions. First off, I asked BECAUSE I'M TRYING to learn the matchup and how to deal with Pyke, your "don't want to learn the game" script is out of place here, so get off your high horse please. Second, goes in?? That's what bad Pykes that I'm having no trouble dealing with do. Most folk's problems with Pyke come from him having a better stealth than Twitch, complete with a grab that has almost as much range as Blitzcrank's, an execute that can be spammed like a Darius Ult in teamfights, and damage to get you to that execute's threshold fairly easily even on his own unless you're a heavy-duty tank or he's building incredibly poorly. All this, AND he gets to heal for atrocious amounts if you don't manage to kill him before he can ambush-kill you or he manages to slip away with a flash. He absolutely CAN do "anything" once he engages, which he will quite frequently on said non-tanks. Now that We've recapped the situation, let me ask again, and please, an actual answer instead of just copy-pasting "Oh WeLl ThAt'S EaSy JuSt LeArN tO pLaY ThE gAmE" would be appreciated (unless of course you're just trolling in which case this conversation's done, I got better stuff to do like keep looking for a solution to the Pyke conundrum). How would YOU deal with Pyke, as he is now? What have YOU ACTUALLY FOUND AND TRIED, that works on him, shuts him down, or otherwise counteracts him? I'll even offer one of my own solutions I've found, though it's not very effective if his team takes advantage of it to split-push or secure objectives; Group up with teammates who have CC, take the grab for them if you can and hope to god they land a stun/root and beat him down, zhonya's sometimes helps with the execute since if he misses it goes to cooldown. Your turn, Mr. People who don't agree with me just want the game to be easy so they don't have to "learn to play" (funny, you'd think that'd lead them to PICK top-tiers like Pyke, instead of actively avoiding him and calling for some balancing XD).
> [{quoted}](name=FUUUBAAAR,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=0001000200000000000000010000000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T05:23:06.360+0000) > > First off, I asked BECAUSE I'M TRYING to learn the matchup and how to deal with Pyke, your "don't want to learn the game" script is out of place here, so get off your high horse please. Second, goes in?? That's what bad Pykes that I'm having no trouble dealing with do. Most folk's problems with Pyke come from him having a better stealth than Twitch, complete with a grab that has almost as much range as Blitzcrank's, an execute that can be spammed like a Darius Ult in teamfights, and damage to get you to that execute's threshold fairly easily even on his own unless you're a heavy-duty tank or he's building incredibly poorly. All this, AND he gets to heal for atrocious amounts if you don't manage to kill him before he can ambush-kill you or he manages to slip away with a flash. He absolutely CAN do "anything" once he engages, which he will quite frequently on said non-tanks. > > Now that We've recapped the situation, let me ask again, and please, an actual answer instead of just copy-pasting "Oh WeLl ThAt'S EaSy JuSt LeArN tO pLaY ThE gAmE" would be appreciated (unless of course you're just trolling in which case this conversation's done, I got better stuff to do like keep looking for a solution to the Pyke conundrum). How would YOU deal with Pyke, as he is now? What have YOU ACTUALLY FOUND AND TRIED, that works on him, shuts him down, or otherwise counteracts him? I'll even offer one of my own solutions I've found, though it's not very effective if his team takes advantage of it to split-push or secure objectives; Group up with teammates who have CC, take the grab for them if you can and hope to god they land a stun/root and beat him down, zhonya's sometimes helps with the execute since if he misses it goes to cooldown. > > Your turn, Mr. People who don't agree with me just want the game to be easy so they don't have to "learn to play" (funny, you'd think that'd lead them to PICK top-tiers like Pyke, instead of actively avoiding him and calling for some balancing XD). Pyke is a champion that needs his team he doesn't do anything without one. Basically everything he has can be dodged and is delayed that a way to beat him, He dies very fast basically one cc in a fight and he should die unless your team is just afk or nothing but tanks, For pyke to be cc while ccing he has to put himself into danger, his hook has a good range but doesn't do damage, you can see where it is going before he uses it making it easy to dodge and it has a short pull. His hook is good to get a champion off a carry but alone is pretty bad, his stun will basically always put him behind a enemy making it really hard for pyke to run if a fight goes bad. Like all he can do after he goes in is auto attacks which for a assassin means they do nothing especially if pyke is behind in that case he is extremely do nothing like his cooldowns are too long, his q is the shortest and he can get off like twice maybe if you start with it, but again even if you go in with e and save q for damage it doesn't do much it's pretty low. Pyke is a good snowball champion he has a good early game and has the tools to make a snowball feel much worst but that's it. Pyke does fall off the most his ult can do is 30% of a champions hp and a low max health champion at that and you will he hard pressed to find a support that doesn't do better then him late game, and if pyke is behind then he is just fucked. I mean if you give a what you're problem is I can give you a better reason. Especially when your post is so exaggerated.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=TimeToTroll,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=0001000200000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000b,timestamp=2019-09-17T14:06:49.883+0000) > > Pay close attention to how I made so many points that actually make logical sense and all you wrote was "no, that's bullshit", all you did was repeat the words to me that I replied to in the first place, so no, you didn't disprove anything, if anything, you got proved wrong and couldn't make a proper counter argument, and my rank does indeed show that I have more experience, skill and knowledge, you didn't know how to answer back to that, so you did exactly what I said you would do, say that ranks doesn't matter and that my rank is probably bought, you also say I don't know how to make an argument, rich coming from the guy that has countless of dislikes, and constantly have people telling him how unintelligent he is, oh my, such irony. > > Your feelings are hurt, your opinion is based on objectively false statements, you are too arrogant and deluded to accept the perspectives of others and have your own changed, and you answer to people's arguments as if you had never read any of them to begin with, such as your replies to mine, are you sure you don't suffer from dyslexia? You aren't fit to argue or be in a forum, face it, nobody disagrees with that. Guy if anyones feelings are hurt it's yours. Like here: "Pyke's target would be the adc or any carry like champion meaning they will also have peel and also pyke doesn't and shouldn't go in only when someone is low since that is just playing a 4v5 like at most he can execute someone at 30% hp like wtf one his ult does like with a unrealistic build all lethality items and 3 IE does about 993 damage and cut that in half because of how it works that's about 500 damage not including armor as aoe damage and it will a most hit like one other champions that's is not a lot for late game and especially with a super unrealistic build." That's all a counter point. Do you want to me list more? Like again I have proven you wrong 100% you argument is bad. Like here is your counter point: "Your depiction of what a teamfight is and how it turns out, honestly made me puke" It's just you saying I'm wrong without ANY PROOF SINCE YOU HAVE NONE. I'm sorry you refuse to learn the game. Like stop replying if you aren't going to back anything you say.
: What if Aftershock was based on the user's % resistances?
I think it should be like that. It should be bad early then become good and that would also let others runes like grasp and guardian be played more especially in support. There also is a small amount of champions like pyke who take it making them have less weakness. Like also I'm sure the players of lux and liss don't like taking a tank rune on a damage champion.
Moody P (NA)
: Because wukong shouldn't be viable until hes reworked
> [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OQkiMu40,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-16T22:15:53.309+0000) > > Because wukong shouldn't be viable until hes reworked Mundo and a bunch of other champions who are way more toxic then wukong have been buffed this season and the reasons wukong got nerfed in the first place got nerfed or aren't in the game anymore. Like his last round of nerfs should be reverted.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=TimeToTroll,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=00010002000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000009,timestamp=2019-09-16T23:22:52.893+0000) > > Says I don't write more than "nope, you are wrong" while I give details, explain his options, what those options lead to, how he affair in teamfights, and all you write is "nope, you are wrong" hypocrite. > > And your first lines clearly admits that you didn't read what I wrote at all. You are a stubborn hypocrite who absolutely refuses to have his mind changed, you came into a forum with that mindset, and you are beyond help. > > You mentioned that all I say is bs while you spout your silver logic of what a teamfight is, and say I clearly don't know how to play league, only insulting yourself considering you are below this player you claim don't know how to play league, and at last, you say I shouldn't bring rank up to win an argument, well, ranked was brought up as a fact that my perspective of the game is superior shown by the fact that I'm higher ranked, the reason you don't want me to use that card is because using that card invalidates any perspective of a dude who's arrogant and how many divisions below me? Drop the attitude mate, you don't have a clue what you are talking about. > Your depiction of what a teamfight is and how it turns out, honestly made me puke, I probably thought the same thing when I was your rank, but I never tried to force my logic upon a much higher ranked player. > > And this is when you will come up with some bs excuse to how I didn't try to argue back again because I gave up or something, or that I'm probably so pissed or something, or even better, you are gonna say something about how me being 3 divisions above you doesn't prove that my game knowledge is much higher. > > And for any other person who reads this shit-show of a childish post that I had to write, I already tried the logical way, I think the only thing that gets through this guy's head is things that hit him hard, hence why I had to stoop so low. Ummmmm no I went over how everything you said about team fights is wrong but you know keep ignoring facts. Like fuck off AGAIN IF YOU ARE RIGHT PROVE IT!!!! I give a counter point to everything you said and all you give me is how your a higher rank like like you look anymore like someone who just buys elo to look good? Like what logic I HAVE PROVEN IT WRONG LIKE WTF. GIVE A COUNTER POINT!!!! But won't give any count points since you have done you are wrong and you need to accept that or actually learn how to write a argument. Since all you have none is just ignore everything that I have said.
: Literally all you've shown here is sheer stubbornness. Please don't argue with people until you can get rid of that.
> [{quoted}](name=FOWSHOWBROW,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=000100020000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-09-16T18:00:06.766+0000) > > Literally all you've shown here is sheer stubbornness. Please don't argue with people until you can get rid of that. How just me giving proof and asking for proof is stubborn lol. Like no the people saying pyke is op are just ignorant of facts and can't prove anything.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=TimeToTroll,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=00010002000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000005,timestamp=2019-09-16T15:02:22.648+0000) > > I will break this down nice and simple for you, and if this doesn't get through to your brain, nothing ever will. > > Pyke should indeed have been punished, different kit or not, does not mean he should be able to get away with doing things that are outrageously dumb, otherwise the only time Pyke would ever get punished is when he uses W E without a purpose, which is nearly impossible for a Pyke to do > > Nobody should be an exception to punishments this badly, if you are gonna say "that's his kit, so it's not dumb", then it's dumb that he has that kit. > > Pyke being an assassin with a cleanup ult, has lots of presence, even if he just peels for the adc, so you clearly don't know what you are talking about, killing a support is groundbreaking, because it allows you to force things you otherwise wouldn't be able to force. Syndra made the right decision, you just can't grasp the usefulness of the situation. > > My whole post being a response to the situation that happened above, Pyke not being punished for bad decisions that you are trying to justify, yeah, sorry for not sidetracking like you do. > I'll try to explain Pyke in a teamfight as well as I can without writing an essay to hurt your brain or something. Pyke peels for his adc or waits for a good opportunity, let me explain how both scenarios go. Pyke goes in when his teammates have gotten the focused player low, which is relatively fast, then ults that target, dealing high plash damage to everybody around that target as well, and with everybody having already used their spells prior to him coming, there's no response left for them with the exception of brawlers, but your team can't be dependent on 1 brawler to turn a whole situation, and if Pyke decides not to flank but rather pull a player, that's also lethal. If Pyke decides to use his kit to peel for the adc, Pyke will never have to worry about dying, because he is not a priority, and if they swapped priority to him, as I have said a billion times, he has 1 tank item, enough for him to survive long enough to get his E ready again, and use E W and come back after barely any time because his healing is so quick and extreme. Also tenacity renders cc practically useless. > > Your post is just about Pykes playing bad vs people. > > Let me explain your logic in a way even you can understand, though this might feel like an insult, bear with it. > This example is a bit extreme, but focus on the point of this example. I make a champion that instantly explodes himself, having the text (kills any champion non-invulnerable, global range), you can counter it with banshee, zhonyas and edge of night, your logic is "well, that's his kit, it's what he can do, you just don't learn the game and play around it", whereas our logic is that, "that may be his kit, but it's still not a justified kit". > > We shouldn't have to play around something that isn't justified, and no, there's not really any way to play around it in the first place. > > 1 last thing, you really love telling people they don't know how to play the game and such, and I REALLY hate using this card but your arrogance is somewhat forcing me.... you are silver mate, while I'm diamond, I clearly know the game way more than you do. Love that you still don't UNDERSTAND CHAMPIONS DO DIFFERENT THINGS pyke can do stuff like walk up and almost die before his kit lets him and it's supposed to do that it's not supposed to be a weakness. I'm sorry you refuse to accept a simple fucking fact and your only argument to it is "NOPE HE SHOULD NOT DO THAT" like can you give actual argument and not someone a child would say? Like wtf is this bs "Pyke being an assassin with a cleanup ult, has lots of presence, even if he just peels for the adc, so you clearly don't know what you are talking about, killing a support is groundbreaking, because it allows you to force things you otherwise wouldn't be able to force. Syndra made the right decision, you just can't grasp the usefulness of the situation." Umm you can't force anything. Like o boy the soraka is dead time for baron nope that is not a thing. Pyke kit is 100% based on his team meaning he doesn't do anything. Like I even went over this and you just chose to fucking ignore it. Like you get 0 map pressure from killing him. Like again it seems like your only argument is " nope your wrong" and nothing else. Like I give examples of what happens and you just ignored them. Like you part about how he team fights just shows you are just talking out of your ass. 1: You say said your post was about the situation above like wtf? Are you talking to two different people or something? If my point is that pyke should be able to do that, you then talking how pyke can survive makes no fucking sense we already know pyke can survive that. 2: You respond is nothing but bs like you saying "when his teammates have gotten the focused player low, which is relatively fast," like what? When talking about champions you put them in a generalization but you make it sound like he is playing with nothing but assassins. Pyke's target would be the adc or any carry like champion meaning they will also have peel and also pyke doesn't and shouldn't go in only when someone is low since that is just playing a 4v5 like at most he can execute someone at 30% hp like wtf one his ult does like with a unrealistic build all lethality items and 3 IE does about 993 damage and cut that in half because of how it works that's about 500 damage not including armor as aoe damage and it will a most hit like one other champions that's is not a lot for late game and especially with a super unrealistic build. If actually think killing someone at 30% hp and doing less 500 damage around then makes up for pyke just afking until then then you clearly don't play league I'm pretty sure having a thresh just stop who ever was trying to dive the back line is doing way more for his team then pyke. Pyke's pull is not a kill for basically anyone in a team fight since it's so short. And he really can't peel well since everything he has is delayed. Also his e cooldown is longer then most team fights so what makes no sense why you think he can get it up twice. This is just sad to read especially when you bring up ranked showing you can't argue.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=MkLBR,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=00010002000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000004,timestamp=2019-09-16T05:14:22.891+0000) > > Wow. I don't think I can put into words how stupid you are. Everything that had to be said has been said (multiple times mind you), and you just don't want to accept it. Wow no counter points lol. No you have said nothing but "I don't want to learn the game" like can you stop ignoring facts and just deal with the champion correctly? I just explained how you fight him. But you are not saying anything but you're wrong and nothing else. If you were right you would of proven it but you can't since you don't even know how he works. Like you give this bs example of him getting caught were is so fucking stupid and just shows you clearly don't play since YOU SHOULD NEVER TRY TO KILL THE SUPPORT.
: I've seen people refuse to admit something before, but this is ridiculous. "It's part of his kit" over and over, no explanation WHY part of one single champion's kit should completely ignore a game's power balance (likely because even they can't think of a reason, they just don't want to see the champ nerfed). Mate even in higher-than-you tiers of play, Pyke is seeing a LOT of bans, and usually stomping when he doesn't. This is a pretty good indicator that something's up when even by your own logic people who HAVE "gotten better at the game" are identifying him as overpowered. Better yet, you want folks to "play around it"? Ok then; How would YOU do that? Part of "getting better at the game" is learning new tricks from players who manage to outplay you, right? Well then, since you're CLEARLY so much better at the game, care to demonstrate? {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
> [{quoted}](name=FUUUBAAAR,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=00010002000000000000000100000001,timestamp=2019-09-16T08:29:59.775+0000) > > I've seen people refuse to admit something before, but this is ridiculous. "It's part of his kit" over and over, no explanation WHY part of one single champion's kit should completely ignore a game's power balance (likely because even they can't think of a reason, they just don't want to see the champ nerfed). Mate even in higher-than-you tiers of play, Pyke is seeing a LOT of bans, and usually stomping when he doesn't. This is a pretty good indicator that something's up when even by your own logic people who HAVE "gotten better at the game" are identifying him as overpowered. > > Better yet, you want folks to "play around it"? Ok then; How would YOU do that? Part of "getting better at the game" is learning new tricks from players who manage to outplay you, right? Well then, since you're CLEARLY so much better at the game, care to demonstrate? {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}} Pyke has a high banrate since people like you what want every game to be easy and not learn the game just die to him. You fight pyke after he goes in that LIKE MOST SUPPORTS that go in. Since he can't do anything then once he goes in he needs his team to help and even if they do he sometimes will die based on the champions.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=TimeToTroll,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=00010002000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000002,timestamp=2019-09-16T01:12:27.612+0000) > > It's not about learning the game, Pyke made a misplay that Syndra took full advantage of, but Pyke gets out of combat too easily and recover it all, Syndra is left with her ult and ignite on cooldown and Pyke was not punished for making a misplay, now Pyke is fully capable of forcing a teamfight as if nothing had happened with the exception that Syndra lacks cooldowns, and all that is made even more impossible to play around when Pyke builds 1 tanky item that allows him to survive any champion's kit no matter how little health he has left, and comes back with nearly full health. > > You see, the thing about this is how his survivability works. > He gets caught > survives it > he uses a very long dash that follows up with an AOE stun, after his Q slow, it's nearly impossible to dodge as a melee and nearly impossible to walk around as a ranged and catch him again > then he presses W which instantly puts him out of combat, and speeds him up tremendously also letting him get boots of mobility active again, on top of this his vision circle is very small so he can easily work around you, and all this allows his healing to kick in which heals for a crazy amount, not even reduced by grievous wounds because the health bar has an objective, to get to the end of the grey bar no matter what, so even if ignite reduces healing, the grey bar will still sit there waiting for the health to catch up sooner or later > Pyke comes back and punishes you for trying to punish him for a misplay he made. > > And now you might think, well yeah, all options of offensive are eliminated, how about not going in on him at all and just save your spells for a teamfight or something? Well, that's where your one and only Pyke comes in, the dude has a pull, so you are punished for grasping at straws but also punished for playing it smart. > > And none of this has included the fact that for an assassin, he's really too good at multi-kills, and the dumbest of all is that not only does he have that edge over ("MOST" NOT ALL) other assassins, but he grants too much gold around his team, and they haven't even removed the infamous double gold on himself yet, have they? > > His kit is overloaded, there's nothing to play around, you lack the ability to visualize every possible outcome where Pyke survives your kit ( because he will, and if he don't, he will make sure to buy an item that will let him, and because of the situation written above, only he will benefit from that. ) Again pyke shouldn't be punished there because of his kit DIFFERENT CHAMPIONS HAVE DIFFERENT WEAKNESSES AND STRENGTHS. LIKE YOU MAKE NO SENSE. No one should focus the support at all syndra was dumb to do that even if she got the kill since that means pyke will be up for the next team fight and she will have things on cooldown meaning its a negative. You get nothing from it the gold is pretty pointless at that stage and he is a support meaning you get no map pressure from him being dead which is the main goal of getting a pick. You whole post is about pyke getting caught showing you don't understand his kit or league. Like you're supposed to kill in a team fight where he can't escape since everything will be down like pyke jumps into a fight then he can stun maybe two champions at most but unless his team follows up he is dead and even when his team follows up if he gets hit by one cc he is pretty much dead. Your post is just about people playing bad vs him.
: > [{quoted}](name=Rαy,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=000100020000000200000001000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-15T23:11:38.716+0000) > > ? > > https://i.ibb.co/1n2rZ6m/20190916-011515.jpg LOL you are just proving that your wrong since AGAIN IF YOU WERE RIGHT YOU WOULD PROVE IT BUT YOU HAVE NOT. You only bring up rank when you are losing and also again you clearly buy elo.
> [{quoted}](name=Rαy,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=00010002000000020000000100000001000000000000000000000006,timestamp=2019-09-16T01:47:17.901+0000) > > Buddy, he's my third most played champ in general, the first champ that got me to Diamond and my most played on my support only account, which is D3. > > But whatever dude, it's meaningless arguing with you. Yes, you know how the game works and I don't. See ya. And you don't respond with any count points since know you're wrong. Like I show explained why rakan lives and nothing from you lol. Cut the shit you don't play rakan at all. Love when people get called out then just like it's "pointless to argue" that proves to me 100% you are wrong. Like you act like I'm unreasonable WHEN ALL I HAVE DONE IS SHOW PROOF.
: > [{quoted}](name=Rαy,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=000100020000000200000001000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-15T23:11:38.716+0000) > > ? > > https://i.ibb.co/1n2rZ6m/20190916-011515.jpg LOL you are just proving that your wrong since AGAIN IF YOU WERE RIGHT YOU WOULD PROVE IT BUT YOU HAVE NOT. You only bring up rank when you are losing and also again you clearly buy elo.
> [{quoted}](name=Rαy,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=00010002000000020000000100000001000000000000000000000004,timestamp=2019-09-16T01:06:55.494+0000) > > I answered using my experience. 30 MR or 200 HP don't mean jack shit in that scenario. You would still die. > > Syndra overkilled Pyke, but he outhealed Ignite COMPLETELY. Which is utter bullshit. > > Your judgement of ingame situations is seriously flawed. Guy you're just showing you don't understand the game. Syndra didn't overkill pyke if she did pyke would have died lets say pyke didn't have his passive the thing that would of killed him was ignite which would do about 300 damage at that time like if your definition of overkill is 300 damage you much think damage is really low. If you have to ignite someone to kill them that's the definition of not overkill since it was needed. So rakan has a passive that is about 200 at that time and if he builds redemption a common item on him that's another 200 meaning the ignite will not kill him. But GUESS WHAT I CAN LOOK YOU UP TOO AND GUESS WHAT YOU NEVER PLAYED RAKAN this season and last season you had a 0% winrate on him I wonder why. Like so you fucking flat out lied about the champions you play whyy just to make it look like you know what you're talking about lol when in reality you basically never play them. You played him in season 7 he was your 6th most played still NO WHERE CLOSE TO 3TH MOST PLAYED CHAMPION. I'm just saying I can do math to prove I'm right but you're using made up experiences lol.
Rαy (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Rαy,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=000100020000000200000001000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-15T23:11:38.716+0000) > > ? > > https://i.ibb.co/1n2rZ6m/20190916-011515.jpg LOL you are just proving that your wrong since AGAIN IF YOU WERE RIGHT YOU WOULD PROVE IT BUT YOU HAVE NOT. You only bring up rank when you are losing and also again you clearly buy elo.
Bevdog101 (OCE)
: Please do. I have seen other people actually do the maths and give valid reasons why Pyle is busted throughout the discussion. All you have been saying "It's a part of his kit." Or "Work around it" or "Have you seen other supports?"
> [{quoted}](name=Bevdog101,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=0001000200000002000000010000000100000001,timestamp=2019-09-15T22:13:26.621+0000) > > Please do. I have seen other people actually do the maths and give valid reasons why Pyle is busted throughout the discussion. > > All you have been saying "It's a part of his kit." Or "Work around it" or "Have you seen other supports?" Rakan builds more hp and mr then pyke meaning if pyke lived though the burst and the ignite was what would of killed him rakan would of lived since he would of taken less damage and had more hp. Like his passive shield at that level would be 200. Like if I knew the actual amount of hp and damage pyke took I could easily show in numbers but I can't. Please show me the people using math to say he is broken since they're not here.
OHminus (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=OHminus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=0001000200000002000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-15T22:15:00.063+0000) > > That's funny, I have a masters in math, working towards my doctorate. I could tell you all about Algebraic graph theory and its applications to coding, but I'm guessing you would be too busy drooling over yourself and your dumb ideas to listen. > > Also looked deeper into your account, 2 games in season 9 does not mean you've played and understand rakan, idiot. Yeah keep lying. Like if pyke didn't die from the combo and the thing that would kill them was the ignite damage that means rakan would life since he has more hp and mr. Ignite doesn't do 400 damage at that level. Funny that you STILL HAVEN'T PROVEN ME WRONG and you call me dumb lol. If you were right you would show proof but you didn't since you know you're wrong.
OHminus (NA)
: Did you buy elo for that silver 1 46 percent winrate account too? Its clear that he knows more about Rakan than you do, you don't even fking play the champ.
> [{quoted}](name=OHminus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=00010002000000020000000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-15T21:25:24.624+0000) > > Did you buy elo for that silver 1 46 percent winrate account too? Its clear that he knows more about Rakan than you do, you don't even fking play the champ. Cool, did you fail math class? since anyone that can add would know pyke would of lived and also I have played rakan.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Serpentine Queen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=00010002000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-15T21:42:45.427+0000) > > You're silver 2 with a NEGATIVE win rate. I dont think you have room to really be talking about someone needing to learn the game and get better or anything of the sort. > Also he is known to be oppressive in high elo. As well as pick/ban. > This was embarrassing to read. Hit gold with a 50% wr before speaking on who should get good Nope im right. You not giving a counter point is proof you are just mad.
Kkasawin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-15T11:56:49.019+0000) > > Do you want me to list the other supports that can do that to? dude, just stop making everyone on the boards downvote you
> [{quoted}](name=Kkasawin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=00010006,timestamp=2019-09-15T20:52:49.704+0000) > > dude, just stop making everyone on the boards downvote you well they are all wrong and no one has proven me wrong so far sooo.
: >ITS HIS FUCKING KIT not something that is free Could you explain how this sentence makes any sense?
> [{quoted}](name=iwanttobebronze5,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=00010002000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-15T18:50:32.925+0000) > > Could you explain how this sentence makes any sense? Funny since nothing you said made sense. Nothing is free in league and saying something is free healing or damage just means you don't play the game.
: A Nontank champion facechecking bushes risk themselves to most certain death. In the specific clip from this thread, he would have actually died from the ignite if invisibility didn't deny ignite's vision (which isn't true vision, that's why) healing up while ignite was ticking. So he made a play that any other squishy champion would have died for, but he was instantly forgiven due to the nature of his kit (and no, Rakan is not a squishy champion, no matter how many times you try to bring him up in this thread), but that's not the worst part. The worst part is he's back up closer to full health ready to go battle again without having to back, and yes, I'm fully aware that's how his kit works, and that's the issue that you keep ignoring.
> [{quoted}](name=Ðeviruchi,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=0001000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-15T18:38:49.203+0000) > > A Nontank champion facechecking bushes risk themselves to most certain death. In the specific clip from this thread, he would have actually died from the ignite if invisibility didn't deny ignite's vision (which isn't true vision, that's why) healing up while ignite was ticking. So he made a play that any other squishy champion would have died for, but he was instantly forgiven due to the nature of his kit (and no, Rakan is not a squishy champion, no matter how many times you try to bring him up in this thread), but that's not the worst part. The worst part is he's back up closer to full health ready to go battle again without having to back, and yes, I'm fully aware that's how his kit works, and that's the issue that you keep ignoring. You are clearly not aware of his kit. Again champions have different weaknesses and strengths stop ignoring facts. Stop comparing him to others he is a assassin support meaning he will play differently then basically every champion in the game most assassins would of killed syndra but pyke can't do that.
Nhika (NA)
: Frustrating to be a TRYHARD player in ranked...
Riot needs to just ban people and take away the ability to play ranked. Like if you get punished once you should lose the option of ranked for a season. Riot needs to put fear into people.
: If his kit lets him go unpunished on plays that should have made him die, yes that is an issue. If a single champion has the pressure in the game to make the entire enemy team not attack him and punish him because his kit will deny that and telling people to play around it, you're either completely biased or blind if you don't see the issue there.
> [{quoted}](name=Ðeviruchi,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=00010002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-15T18:10:17.884+0000) > > If his kit lets him go unpunished on plays that should have made him die, yes that is an issue. If a single champion has the pressure in the game to make the entire enemy team not attack him and punish him because his kit will deny that and telling people to play around it, you're either completely biased or blind if you don't see the issue there. AGAIN HE SHOULDN'T HAVE DIED BUT YOU KEEP SAYING HE SHOULD like wtf. Like you make no sense that was not a situation where you punish pyke. Like that was one person on enemy team but you're acting like it was the everyone. Boy hope you never see rakan or you're going to cry. Since he is much safer then pyke. The problem here is that it's your fault you refuse to learn the game different champions are punished for different things.
Rαy (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=000100020000,timestamp=2019-09-15T16:56:48.757+0000) > > {{champion:497}}, basically every single tank support,{{champion:37}} . Rakan would have died to Ignite, Tank supports would have to walk away while Syndra spams additional Qs and Ws under their feet and Sona would have been fucking obliterated right there. No other support can do this crap.
> [{quoted}](name=Rαy,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=0001000200000002,timestamp=2019-09-15T17:42:56.559+0000) > > Rakan would have died to Ignite, Tank supports would have to walk away while Syndra spams additional Qs and Ws under their feet and Sona would have been fucking obliterated right there. > > No other support can do this crap. Ummm no. You clearly don't play league. Rakan is just q and w then is out and sona is r and done.
: But that's the issue. People want that changed so he's not so forgiving. That's like giving a champion instant 3k dmg and telling everyone that's just how the skill works, play around that instead of seeing the issue. And that Pyke would have actually died if he didn't regen while ignited because its vision doesn't work on invisibility. He took a risk face checking a bush, got punished for it and then instantly forgiven and ready to come back for more.
> [{quoted}](name=Ðeviruchi,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=000100020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-15T17:26:20.315+0000) > > But that's the issue. People want that changed so he's not so forgiving. That's like giving a champion instant 3k dmg and telling everyone that's just how the skill works, play around that instead of seeing the issue. And that Pyke would have actually died if he didn't regen while ignited because its vision doesn't work on invisibility. He took a risk face checking a bush, got punished for it and then instantly forgiven and ready to come back for more. That should not be a issue that is his kit not a weakness he should have ,people should just learn the game instead of refusing to get better.
Kovorix (EUW)
: > Like lot of supports would of lived and sona probably would of heal more. Yeah they might live but they won't get a magical "get out of jail" card for a second try. And sona would not even closely heal as fast as pyke.
> [{quoted}](name=Kovorix,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=000100020000000000000001,timestamp=2019-09-15T17:28:00.310+0000) > > Yeah they might live but they won't get a magical "get out of jail" card for a second try. And sona would not even closely heal as fast as pyke. This perfectly shows you have no clue wtf you're talking about. Like ITS HIS FUCKING KIT not something that is free you can play around it, it's called damage him constantly. Also sona can easily heal that showing that you don't play support.
puśsý (NA)
: Is it just me, or does build diversity suck?
Assassins have limited items and mages have good items that over shadow over others. Bruisers are different in builds but jax builds close to the same every game and irelia builds different then jax but builds similar items every game. I want more items that do less general we need more stuff like {{item:3152}} and nerfs to general items.
Kovorix (EUW)
: Still can't see any champion you mentioned that gets from 1% HP to aroudn 60% in that time.
> [{quoted}](name=Kovorix,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=0001000200000000,timestamp=2019-09-15T16:59:58.427+0000) > > Still can't see any champion you mentioned that gets from 1% HP to aroudn 60% in that time. Yeah that's his passive he should do that and people should play around that. Like lot of supports would of lived and sona probably would of heal more.
: > [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-15T11:56:49.019+0000) > > Do you want me to list the other supports that can do that to? That can take that much damage and come back to tell the tale after regenerating 50%+ of their health within 5 seconds? Be my guest.
> [{quoted}](name=Shieda Kayn,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=00010004,timestamp=2019-09-15T16:27:04.081+0000) > > That can take that much damage and come back to tell the tale after regenerating 50%+ of their health within 5 seconds? > Be my guest. Guy that is his passive YOU PLAY AROUND IT. It's not omg pyke is op it's Syndra was dumb for using every on him. Like rakan could of live, every tank support could life, sona probably could of healed more then pyke depending on gold.
: Sure, I want to know. Name another support that can do that.
> [{quoted}](name=concert clown,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2019-09-15T14:55:30.567+0000) > > Sure, I want to know. Name another support that can do that. {{champion:497}}, basically every single tank support,{{champion:37}} .
Rioter Comments
Barso55 (NA)
: Cinderhulk needs to scale to the same damage as sunfire cape, or we need another tank jungle item
Name me the bad tank jgs since there are actually a small amount of tank jgs. Like {{champion:32}} and {{champion:154}} are pretty bad but not because of items. {{champion:20}} ,{{champion:113}} and {{champion:33}} are good or ok.
Jamaree (NA)
: Watch Ducktales 2017
It has been really really good so far and now I'm hoping for a darkwing spinoff.
: > [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-15T11:56:49.019+0000) > > Do you what mean to list the other supports that can do that to? No, I don't. I personally am unbothered by Pyke (I'm one of those who never bans a champ unless requested because I prefer learning how to play around the rough matchups instead of skipping them). I was merely pointing out that he had completely missed the point of the OP.
> [{quoted}](name=Ice Weasel X,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NcyYFg5E,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-15T12:05:19.126+0000) > > No, I don't. I personally am unbothered by Pyke (I'm one of those who never bans a champ unless requested because I prefer learning how to play around the rough matchups instead of skipping them). I was merely pointing out that he had completely missed the point of the OP. Ummmm what? You're talking as if I responded to you not the op. "I was merely pointing out that he had completely missed the point of the OP." Who are you talking about or at? Are you trying to say I missed the point? I don't understand.
l MrD l (NA)
: Oh no pyke got caught ....
Do you want me to list the other supports that can do that to?
: Would you say there are any items that need reworks?
{{item:3025}} this fucking item has caused more balance problems then any other item in the game and has caused champions like vik to get nerfed for a play style his players do like. Idk how it has not been reworked, it suppose to be a tank item but it's not a core item on any tank it a situational item for like poppy or ornn. Ezreal is really the only champion in the game that will be effective heavy by it getting reworked maybe ornn. Like its basically just a item used for ezreal and bs tank champions like ekko or vik.
: literally everyone is saying there is way too much damage, multiple high up vote discussions how defense is pointless, and yet when I make the argument I get downvoted lol.. gotta love the boards..
> [{quoted}](name=KnightLakega,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mfodwAPk,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-09-14T04:22:34.850+0000) > > literally everyone is saying there is way too much damage, multiple high up vote discussions how defense is pointless, and yet when I make the argument I get downvoted lol.. gotta love the boards.. I don't care if other people are hypocrites. You getting downvoted has nothing to do with anything I talked about. If you got upvotes you are still wrong, if you got downvotes you are still wrong.
: > [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iTKJMryp,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-14T00:28:48.529+0000) > > Ummm maybe thresh and somewhat naut but pyke wtf. They do basically the opposite like one dives and the other doesn't. Blitz is tankly has MUCH better lockdown then pyke THEY ARE PICKED FOR DIFFERENT THINGS. Pyke at least can kill both adc and supports, blitzcrank bring literally almost no damage and will most likely get his ADC kill with a free gapcloser to them.
> [{quoted}](name=taleofsonata,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iTKJMryp,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-09-14T17:23:11.568+0000) > > Pyke at least can kill both adc and supports, blitzcrank bring literally almost no damage and will most likely get his ADC kill with a free gapcloser to them. What? Game are you playing since it's not league. Pyke actually doesn't do much damage he requires follow up if he doesn't get that he doesn't do anything. For both the adc and support to die his adc has to do basically all the damage. Also blitz IS A FUCKING TANK THEY'RE NOT PICKED FOR DAMAGE!!!!
: Hey Riot. Where's the "counter play"
Please tell me the nerfs to defense, like a better defense crit item was added, towers last longer, tank items have been getting nerfed, conqueror get nerfed. It sounds like you are just mad at losing to a fed zed and instead of blaming yourself or your team you for some reason think it's unfair that a fed zed should kill a tank fast or a champion fast like no if a champion is fed they will do lot of damage.
: Pyke has lower cooldown, mana cost and a higher base mana pool meaning Pyke has an easier early lane phase with more reliable engages, unlike blitz who can fire his hook a total of 3 times with his 270 Base mana pool and has a 20 second cooldown between each shot.
> [{quoted}](name=King Braum,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iTKJMryp,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-14T00:35:33.197+0000) > > Pyke has lower cooldown, mana cost and a higher base mana pool meaning Pyke has an easier early lane phase with more reliable engages, unlike blitz who can fire his hook a total of 3 times with his 270 Base mana pool and has a 20 second cooldown between each shot. Blitz is supposed to pick one person off with a hook, he is not a engage champion SO WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ENGAGE. Also blitz hook is better in every way then pyke hook meaning it should be limited.
: Keep buffing Blitzcrank. Just because he can't do his job right anymore
Ummm maybe thresh and somewhat naut but pyke wtf. They do basically the opposite like one dives and the other doesn't. Blitz is tankly has MUCH better lockdown then pyke THEY ARE PICKED FOR DIFFERENT THINGS.
Raoul (EUW)
: When a role is less popular than support, you know you messed up RIOT...
Really since everytime I put fill I get adc which sucks since I'm bad at it.
: Please rework Yuumi instead of nerfing her
Ummm no the w is what makes her different and having different champions is good.
: 9/12 PBE changes
The fucking xin buffs like wtf that came out of nowhere and I would say they're actually the biggest buffs out of all of them. Xin wasn't even bad.
Show more

boricCentaur1

Level 162 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion