qwerty19 (NA)
: theres two issues i see in this: 1) If you are auto locked into a champ and role the only way for this to work is for Riot to only autolock certain champs into roles that fit the meta, and riot doesn't want to admit having a strict meta that discourages creativity within playstyles. 2) They don't do 1) and you basically get full on random champ random role. Lets say you get nami top and garen support, who's to stop teams from just going in game and not going to their autolocked role? Also 3) because I can't count and don't want to go back and edit me saying two issues. Will all champs be available to get autolocked or is it just your champ pool + past 3 free champ rotations
> [{quoted}](name=qwerty19,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=ObuRLVR5,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-11-15T17:14:02.862+0000) > > theres two issues i see in this: > 1) If you are auto locked into a champ and role the only way for this to work is for Riot to only autolock certain champs into roles that fit the meta, and riot doesn't want to admit having a strict meta that discourages creativity within playstyles. > > 2) They don't do 1) and you basically get full on random champ random role. Lets say you get nami top and garen support, who's to stop teams from just going in game and not going to their autolocked role? > > Also 3) because I can't count and don't want to go back and edit me saying two issues. Will all champs be available to get autolocked or is it just your champ pool + past 3 free champ rotations well ok for your #1 it wouldnt be hard to do this if you notice once you get into a que at the top it will give you an option to pick a lane champ and that also would answer your #2 league of legends can classify where a champion should be sent so i dont know why you would think that at all. and your #3 LIKE I ALREADY STATED ITS AN ARAM STYLE SUMMONERS RIFT it would go by the same standards of champs you are allowed to get on there
: How are you suppose to lock a role? I mean even if im given the role "support" nothings gonna stop me from heading mid going dmg anyways
> [{quoted}](name=GrReaper96,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=ObuRLVR5,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-15T06:10:24.281+0000) > > How are you suppose to lock a role? I mean even if im given the role "support" nothings gonna stop me from heading mid going dmg anyways you dont lock your role at all league will auto lock you with a role and a champ for that roll
FilDaFunk (EUW)
: Fair enough. In that case, are roles even needed? I'm sure people would be able to organise themselves according to what champs they have. This already happens in one for all, for example.
> [{quoted}](name=FilDaFunk,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=ObuRLVR5,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-15T16:15:19.968+0000) > > Fair enough. > In that case, are roles even needed? I'm sure people would be able to organise themselves according to what champs they have. > This already happens in one for all, for example. yeah there would be nothing stopping you from running any lane. it would be more like a norm just do what sounds best for your team
FilDaFunk (EUW)
: That would work the same way as in drafts.
> [{quoted}](name=FilDaFunk,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=ObuRLVR5,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-11-15T15:09:03.859+0000) > > That would work the same way as in drafts. no not exactly. being aram style the game can make you play a champ you dont own making it not like blinds and more like an aram
: How are you suppose to lock a role? I mean even if im given the role "support" nothings gonna stop me from heading mid going dmg anyways
> [{quoted}](name=GrReaper96,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=ObuRLVR5,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-15T06:10:24.281+0000) > > How are you suppose to lock a role? I mean even if im given the role "support" nothings gonna stop me from heading mid going dmg anyways well it all depends on how you want to play. like every other game of league. if you get nami as support and want to go top noone is stopping you from doing that it would just hurt your team
Rioter Comments

c013235

Level 60 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion