: Patch 9.2 notes
F for Nexus Blitz
: If the emporium comes at the end of the year, that is 2 years from the last sale. Plus they said about boost sales & rune pages, not directly mention name changes. (though it typically comes together with rune pages & boost sales)
They had stated earlier that emporium would open more than once per year, so you should be able to expect it again before the end of the year. We don't know when yet, though.
: Still not a QoL buff. A QoL buff would be seeing how much total damage her W would do if it hit the same target. Since this would be about doing better performance wise/making it easier to kill someone, it would be a buff.
All they would really need to do to offset that would be to reduce the amount of damage consecutive hits on the same target do. I'd rather have a situational skill with clear use cases than an average skill that never does what is expected. I think having foxfire target a charmed opponent would be a nice (if small) reward for landing a charm.
: Everyone’s got to get over this “ugh support mentality”. Soups have a wide range of items to use now that make each game feel significant. Don’t fear the auto fill
I Wouldn't say everyone, but I am glad people have realized that Support is one of the best playmaking roles in the game--and it doesn't even require the commitment to farming. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: I agree to a point. That point being, Yorick is an absolute monster in team fights when he has his ult. But a lot of team fights are not sure things, your team not getting aced as 4 and getting objectives splitting is a sure trade if your team knows game. But most people are sadly clueless and just go fight with little to no risk assessment or situational awareness.
> [{quoted}](name=Dezus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Og7YnB0n,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-01-16T18:22:07.098+0000) > > I agree to a point. That point being, Yorick is an absolute monster in team fights when he has his ult. But a lot of team fights are not sure things, your team not getting aced as 4 and getting objectives splitting is a sure trade if your team knows game. But most people are sadly clueless and just go fight with little to no risk assessment or situational awareness. I agree that the general populace of solo queue doesn't understand how to play around a split push and will blindly rush in. However, the attitude of "I'm Yorick and therefore I will never join a teamfight for any reason whatsoever" is equally incorrect. Good split pushing (like that which Darshan became known for) includes evaluating the risk vs reward of the push and recognizing when you must group--because there _will_ be times that you _must_ group. If a good enemy team knows you'll never join to defend, they'll force a 4v5 10/10 times because the odds are so heavily weighted in their favor. No split pusher is straight useless in a teamfight-- even if that means applying pressure with a 15% current hp skillshot (in Yorick's E) or guaranteeing a disengage with his W. 15% current HP on a tank is a big deal in a team fight.
: > [{quoted}](name=M0rgana,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MgygRioI,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-01-16T14:06:29.583+0000) > > I never understood why is it hard to get to honor 5? I made it in 1 month last season. > Just play the game, you don't even have to be a nice person, just don't flame others. You are bound to get some Honor every now and then if you aren't being a complete jackass. last season getting honor 5 was easier, because they started the system halfway into the season. could be wrong, but this time its probably going to take longer to climb to honor 5. i think once youve been toxic and been punished, your honor would have been permanently set to 0 for the rest of the season. i dont exactly know how it works. never had to deal with a ban or chat restriction.
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MgygRioI,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-01-16T14:22:58.669+0000) > > last season getting honor 5 was easier, because they started the system halfway into the season. could be wrong, but this time its probably going to take longer to climb to honor 5. > > i think once youve been toxic and been punished, your honor would have been permanently set to 0 for the rest of the season. > > i dont exactly know how it works. never had to deal with a ban or chat restriction. Honor never permalocks for any of the tiers, but iirc they did state that the climb from 0-2 is much longer than the climb from 2-4. I believe you're correct in that if you receive a ban of any kind you automatically get set to 0, though.
: Yeah, he's right, you aren't a bright one.. You're stating they DON'T go on sale.. They do. Lol. Not regularly, but they do.
As I've already explained above, I didn't think it necessary to address early sales given that we're on the page for the regular sales rotation --especially when referring to a skin that released _two years_ ago. Forgive me for assuming people can apply logic/common sense to a contextual situation. Thanks for the necro.
: Haters gonna hate
He deserved the hate back then. I think somewhere in the transition between CLG and TSM he figured out the difference between cockiness and confidence. He still talks a lot of trash, sure, but I don't see the same attitude of disrespect anymore.
: Early sales are, by definition, a one time sale a few months after their release. The rest of Omega Squad came out a few months ago. Teemo came out a few years ago. Not sure what you were expecting?
Just looking for a reason to be a dick, I guess. There's no reason to consider OS Teemo for the early sale; I didn't see any reason to lump it in with the rest of them, either. But then again, I guess I'm not a bright one according to this guy.
: No Omega squad Teemo.. so close... :(
Legendary skins don't go on sale.
: Do you guys normally re-release holiday skins when that holiday rolls around again? Been dying for Sweetheart Sona, but wondering if I should bother saving my RP for her on Valentine's Day, or just buy stuff from my shop.
They used to bring back prior years' skins for the events, but it seems like they've only been releasing new skins this year. They didn't bring back any Snowdown skins from prior years for this winter, which is disappointing because the event sales are generally when I grab the skins I want. I don't think I'd bet on seeing it in a feature for Singles Awareness Day. That said, it's due for a sale anytime now, so I think you can reasonably expect to see it in February or March ([Preditction Schedule](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T5h1LKTRCVg3NU9XA3NSlrGS1dF5YO6KfEePIL893SU/edit#gid=0) for reference).
Sraeg2013 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=jama655,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E9Qcbi3T,comment-id=0023,timestamp=2017-12-19T14:12:45.405+0000) > > Wheres the year in review? You can either open your game client, check the news or google. For me the "game client" part doesn't fucking work at all though.
> [{quoted}](name=Sraeg2013,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E9Qcbi3T,comment-id=00230000,timestamp=2017-12-19T14:30:11.151+0000) > > You can either open your game client, check the news or google. > > For me the "game client" part doesn't fucking work at all though. Oddly enough, this is neither in my client nor on the League news page (after clearing cache and refreshing). However, you can pull the link from Surrender@20. https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/year-in-review-2017#/
: A "science"-driven prediction on who will win ASE 2017
I was enjoying this until the end. Tthen I just felt betrayed.
: Are we talking Overwatch style cosmetic boxes or weapons and character upgrades like... **that** game? Overwatch's style of loot boxes isn't _technically_ gambling because it entails a guaranteed result with no risk of being subjected to substantial loss; only that there is a chance to get something greater than what is guaranteed. EA SWBF2 loot boxes are as close as it can get to actually gambling loot, because they offer a chance to receive nothing of intended value.
> [{quoted}](name=DragonTroopBeta,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TJZPpIoF,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-11-22T18:38:57.196+0000) > > Are we talking Overwatch style cosmetic boxes or weapons and character upgrades like... **that** game? > > Overwatch's style of loot boxes isn't _technically_ gambling because it entails a guaranteed result with no risk of being subjected to substantial loss; only that there is a chance to get something greater than what is guaranteed. EA SWBF2 loot boxes are as close as it can get to actually gambling loot, because they offer a chance to receive nothing of intended value. IMO the only thing that Overwatch is doing wrong with their lootboxes is denying players a way to earn gold without opening more lootboxes. As long as they keep up a steady stream of low-value content (i.e., sprays and icons), it guarantees that players cannot consistently earn gold (and therefore earn the rewards they want). This would be perfectly acceptable, if the game had been free to play. However, If I'm paying an upfront retail price, there had better be a direct route to earning all of the in-game content.
CLG ear (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=coeurloyal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=U9yOAsh1,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2017-11-22T18:06:48.134+0000) > > To be fair, this is not a Trump issue. This has been a congressional issue from the beginning. I'm not defending Trump in any way or saying that he shouldn't be taking some form of affirmative action, but it's incorrect to point at Trump for this particular topic. > > ...That is until he tweets something dumb about it. Then it kind of becomes a Trump issue. For once I actually want to see the an executive order take place around this. It would be really nice to see somebody in the upper ranks standing up for what the public clearly doesn't want. it is actually because he appointed Ajit Pai whose mission from the beginning was to dismantle Net Neutrality. Under Obama Tom Wheeler, while not the greatest, at least understood that the FCC is a regulatory department and shouldn't cater to big businesses. Democrats were all for Net Neutrality.
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=U9yOAsh1,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2017-11-22T18:10:49.935+0000) > > it is actually because he appointed Ajit Pai whose mission from the beginning was to dismantle Net Neutrality. Under Obama Tom Wheeler, while not the greatest, at least understood that the FCC is a regulatory department and shouldn't cater to big businesses. > > Democrats were all for Net Neutrality. There were plans in place to expire and "re-write" net neutrality issues before Trump took office; there was talk of Obama attempting to push executive orders to counteract it before elections actually ended last year. Trump is just the guy that installed a figurehead on existing plans.
Rykagnar (NA)
: I just realized how serious Net Neutrality really is...
To be fair, this is not a Trump issue. This has been a congressional issue from the beginning. I'm not defending Trump in any way or saying that he shouldn't be taking some form of affirmative action, but it's incorrect to point at Trump for this particular topic. ...That is until he tweets something dumb about it. Then it kind of becomes a Trump issue. For once I actually want to see the an executive order take place around this. It would be really nice to see somebody in the upper ranks standing up for what the public clearly doesn't want.
Seen (NA)
: I don't really care. Doesn't affect Canada.
> [{quoted}](name=Seen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=U9yOAsh1,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-11-22T07:13:11.966+0000) > > I don't really care. Doesn't affect Canada. Wanna bet? If this passes in the US and companies are able to monetize it here, you can bet that Canadian companies will follow suit soon after. I promise you that this is a precedent with much larger ramifications than just the US market.
: > [{quoted}](name=coeurloyal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TJZPpIoF,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-11-22T15:49:56.795+0000) > > {{champion:48}} "But this is my chance to call people unintelligent! I _deserve_ to flaunt my superiority complex on the public forums!" Calling people unintelligent will get your thread closed.
> [{quoted}](name=Redcadaver,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TJZPpIoF,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-22T16:04:31.899+0000) > > Calling people unintelligent will get your thread closed. I think you're missing the parody here...
kurufal (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=coeurloyal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=I2B9VMJd,comment-id=00010004,timestamp=2017-11-22T15:52:17.307+0000) > > To be fair, I don't think they screwed them up for everybody. It was a collective effort by the developers; EA was just the big fat straw that broke the camel's back. I think that pressure has been mounting ever since Overwatch rolled out the non-optional lootboxes. non-optional?!?!?!? What are you smoking...
> [{quoted}](name=kurufal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=I2B9VMJd,comment-id=000100040000,timestamp=2017-11-22T16:45:39.966+0000) > > non-optional?!?!?!? What are you smoking... How exactly do you get OW content without lootboxes? If you're going to tell me that you can buy them with gold, I'm going to point out that you can only get gold through lootboxes. If you want to get cosmetic features, they are non-optional.
: Lootboxes should only be for optional, cosmetic features. Nothing that directly affects gameplay. That way you can prevent a "gambling" system while retaining the ability to allow whales to splurge on thr game. As well as retain the game's core value.
IMO it's important to make sure they're optional in general--not just for optional content. There should be a non-randomized route to obtain content in any title that we pay for-- F2P games being the reasonable exception because they're free.
: I love how EA just screwed up the lootbox goldmine for everybody in the industry. {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}{{sticker:sg-kiko}}
To be fair, I don't think they screwed them up for everybody. It was a collective effort by the developers; EA was just the big fat straw that broke the camel's back. I think that pressure has been mounting ever since Overwatch rolled out the non-optional lootboxes.
: Avast ye troll, back under the bridge with thee! {{sticker:darius-angry}}
> [{quoted}](name=Redcadaver,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TJZPpIoF,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-22T15:23:27.206+0000) > > Avast ye troll, back under the bridge with thee! > {{sticker:darius-angry}} {{champion:48}} "But this is my chance to call people unintelligent! I _deserve_ to flaunt my superiority complex on the public forums!"
: Channel 4, duh.
4/4 would upvote if you didn't already have 4
: .... This is why I both love and hate Jhin threads. The ceaseless FOUR puns.
Not ceaseless. There are four of them in this thread {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: I’m just gonna sit here and pray with all my might, against all odds, that Quinn’s somewhere in there. Otherwise, I must content myself with Vi.
> [{quoted}](name=Dokueki Kenshin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NW8IgVPp,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-11-04T14:54:09.657+0000) > > I’m just gonna sit here and pray with all my might, against all odds, that Quinn’s somewhere in there. > > Otherwise, I must content myself with Vi. I wouldn't count on too much for Quinn. She has a fairly low pick rate, which directly influences how often they receive skins. The more niche the champ is, the less they receive in terms of cosmetics. I know that's not great for a ton of players, but I also can't pretend like it doesn't make sense from a dev standpoint. Better to please more players more often than it is to cater to the minority regularly. I definitely agree that she's a better pick than Vayne for this, though. Hopefully she'll get something good next year.
: I really enjoy OW because it reminds me of league, but it's an FPS. I think Blizzard still does a good job of listening to players, not nearly as good as Riot, but compared to the current state of games, its not too shabby. However, I've never been on the boards, so I don't know. I just like playing Roadhog, the ultimate waifu.
> [{quoted}](name=WhiteUranium,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0zIfbL8l,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-11-17T01:57:14.733+0000) > > I really enjoy OW because it reminds me of league, but it's an FPS. I think Blizzard still does a good job of listening to players, not nearly as good as Riot, but compared to the current state of games, its not too shabby. > > However, I've never been on the boards, so I don't know. I just like playing Roadhog, the ultimate waifu. The balance team is pretty solid imo, but they really don't communicate or even acknowledge the community on the boards _at all_. Take, for example, the offline status that was promised to Diablo players back in 2013 that they mysteriously pulled from planning and never implemented. They expressly refuse to respond to any mention of said feature even though they promised players it was coming all that time ago. The same applies to patch questions and bug reports on the boards; they won't respond unless they get a massive amount of attention, and they won't respond more than once to a single thread. They also never acknowledge feedback or ask questions--they just read _some_ things and if they decide it's worth addressing we have no idea what the change is or when they plan to do it. They just suck at communication all around--especially compared to Riot. I really wish that Riot would get the recognition they truly deserve for just how much time they put into getting the game right and listening to/weighing feedback.
: Emote bundle sales are here!
Yeah... still not buying. Too expensive, and shouldn't be an RP product.
: http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/b1/b1029b7e44ca8cbe79ddb7e085be2ff2a8334e17f9987eaa093da2d6d99cb4f0.jpg
You do realize that these accounts are not the ones they use for playtesting, correct? These guys have to play and discuss basically every champ going through testing and any other champs associated with that; how can you blame them for going home and wanting to play something other than League/ playing one main that they like? Do you really believe that they're just playing one champ in test games all the time? I know that I certainly wouldn't want to come home and play League after spending 8 hours playing and discussing League. I'd rather play Shadow of War or Breath of the Wild in my personal time if my entire professional day is centered around League. Common sense should already tell you that having to play and understand every champ in the game makes it harder to climb anyway; nobody at the top of the ladder player more than 5-8 champs regularly in a given patch. I bet the balance team plays at least 60 of them throughout the month. If anything, seeing that they're Diamond and rarely playing should tell you that they're better than or equal to their rank. Most other players in Diamond have to play ranked daily to keep that skill level up, whereas the testers only need to put in a couple games to maintain their rank (as you so candidly pointed out) and don't need to put in a crap ton of games each week to maintain that level.
Sahn Uzal (EUW)
: There's always a ton of people who don't read patch notes and don't even realize there has been a hotfix. On top of that it takes a while for stats to update, longer for them to become a reliable source of information. you're grasping at ghosts here mate.
Also skipping the fact that he's banned primarily to dodge the long-range shield and engage, not whatever damage he may bring to the table in an AP build. I agree that there isn't any real reason to complain about AP Galio.
Odreiw (NA)
: You are literally making things up to try to make yourself look better. Have fun in life.
Odreiw (NA)
: Whether or not you are correct depends on how you mean that (actually, I never blamed the jg for losing my lane, I said he made poor choices by not ganking. Not at all the same, so that part's incorrect regardless). 3/4 of my teammates spent 10 of the first 15 minutes flaming me and I responded to that. If you mean it as, "I was toxic in literally any way," then yes. If you mean it as, "I was the one starting the toxicity," just no. I also did not blame my whole team at any point during the game. You have rather poor reading comprehension and are just seeing what you want to see.
I would argue that you are also only seeing what you want to see. From an outside perspective, you need to understand that A) We can only see your portion of the chatlogs, and B) the level of toxicity coming from the other members of your team is irrelevant. It doesn't matter who started it or whether they were worse--The fact of the matter is that at one point or another in the game you took part in that toxic behavior, and with an included history of punishment puts you on the block for further punishment. Nobody forced you to engage--that blame rests squarely on your shoulders. My reading comprehension is fine. My interpretation of the situation isn't perfect because I don't have complete information, but you did in fact blame your jungler for losing your lane when you said this: > Odreiw: because your jg has helped you Odreiw: and mine hasn't From the outside looking in, that you reject any criticism (as valid/invalid or toxic as it may be) of your gameplay in this chat log implies that you are blaming your team for the loss when you call most of them toxic and call for reports (which in and of itself is considered a punishable offense, btw). If it had been one or the other, that impression may not have been present. Doing both makes it sound like you are in fact blaming your team for the negativity (and therefore the loss, because the two are closely related). That impression isn't helped when you throw your winrate in your team's face--it makes you look arrogant. Whether or not it's true that they instigated or deserve most of the blame isn't something that we in this thread can determine; we can only give you feedback on your actions alone. For all we know those three players also received punishment and probably deserved it. If I'm honest, I see the fact that you aren't able/willing to defend your standpoint in this conversation without taking a jab at my reading comprehension is telling of your in-game behavior. I think if you start asking yourself (or others in the proper context) why people think/see what they do rather than just attacking the point, it would go a long way toward clearing up your toxicity problems. I get that it can be difficult to ignore it when stupid people say stupid things, but it's best just to automatically hit the mute button the moment somebody starts. The game is a whole lot more enjoyable to me that way.
: Urgot and Evelynn basically got all new skins because of their reworks.
Same with Shen, but I'd still like to see something tossed their way. Enough with Kat and Yi.
: At the time of this reply being posted, those three ekko jg players were also the only upvotes on this comment
As a former Ekko jungle player, I'm happy to bring the pool back up to 4
: Don't get me started... I can't even safely recall _behind_ my turret if there's a Twitch nearby{{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
IMO they should both lose some power/priority with Censer getting nerfed. Feels like they both benefited from that item more than other ADCs.
Odreiw (NA)
: Got a 15 day suspension for using the word trash once
I know you're going to disagree with me on this, but you flame 3/4 teammates in those chatlogs and then blame them your jungler for losing your lane. You also use your winrate to justify blaming the rest of your team. You may see that as true, and it may actually be true--but you still straight up flamed and blamed your whole team. If I were a mod, I would hit you with punishment for that.
Aeszarck (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=coeurloyal,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=39M1pXtw,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-10-16T18:37:52.399+0000) > > Other than no TP in ARAM. This would be fine with URF or Nexus Siege, though. Nexus Siege has no Teleport.
Oh, that's right. It's an item you have to purchase. Sooo... Urf or bust. Bummer. Frankly, I'd rather play 5 man tp than the last premade mission (all melee). These definitely aren't trending in a good direction.
Sukishoo (NA)
: Well it doesn't say SR on it, so any 5 man game mode will work.
Other than no TP in ARAM. This would be fine with URF or Nexus Siege, though.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: October 13
I know that the previous stance Riot has taken is that it's ok having champs that just aren't viable in pro play but still good in solo queue. Does that stance still hold? Most of my favorite diver champs (Wukong, Diana, Pantheon, etc.) need what seem to be minor tweaks to become LCS viable but sit low enough on the priority ladder that it seems unlikely they can ever get there. It's a bit disappointing to think about the belief that many of my favorite champions will never be good enough for high tier play. Because of that, I almost feel forced to play something else if I ever want the opportunity to climb past Plat.
: Or at the very minimum, $1 per emote. Especially if you plan to use them for actual expression, $4 for one or $10 for the bundle... but if you don't want those ones, you're looking at $20 just to fill the 5 slots. It makes no economic sense honestly. Even if you sold them at $1 each, you'd still make a good sizable profit off it!
I'm all for monetization of assets to get value for the time investment, but the only way I'm paying RP for these is if it comes out of a chest and I choose to spend some BE to enchant one. If there were team emotes bundled with the icons, I may shell out for those--but that's it. I would rather mute these altogether and pretend they don't exist than hand over RP for them... especially knowing they've already pushed a loot box system into the game.
Bârd (NA)
: Small R R Not R R insurance R Range increase An accurate description of Syndra.
> Spaceballs were thrown > An accurate description of Syndra. Fixed that for you.
: Probably not. I was trying to pick the team that would best perform, and I think Contractz is a better team player in the jungle.
I have to disagree. I think Contractz is the better ganking jungler but Xmithie is the better team jungler. Both good players, though. I'd be happy with either one.
: Looking forward to the NA reps: Top - C9 Impact Jungle - C9 Contracz Mid - TSM Bjergsen ADC - TSM Doublelift Supp - IMT Olleh
I wouldn't be surprised if Darshan or Xmithie got those top two spots instead (50/50 chance imo), but this seems likely otherwise
Dylpooh (NA)
: For me, the Bo3 format made my watch NALCS MORE because I wanted to see the outcomes of a series. Back when LCS was Bo1 format, I would just watch the games my favorite teams were playing in and leave.
Same. Also, I have no desire to start watching EU LCS after the change. The slower pace always made it less enjoyable to watch even before the switch to Bo3s, and nothing has changed since to improve that.
Dafnatar (NA)
: #boycott spring split 2018
Pass. I'd rather not tank the league for the sake of making a point. I want it to change, but I don't want it to die.
: I personally think Bo3's are far better if there are only going to be 2 Round Robins (18 Total Series), but if you're going back to Bo1's you really should increase the number of teams/number of Round Robins. I personally think 10 teams is good, but I think the League could plausibly expand to 12 teams for franchising. In comparison to Standard US Sports, most teams have to play quite a few games (Baseball and Basketball teams in the US play 162 and 82 respectively) with an exception going to American Football, who only play 16 games in the regular season. I think, for League, expanding to 12 teams and going to a Triple Round Robin format (Each team plays every other team 3 times, for a total of 33 games) would be a good place to set it. Alternately, I had an idea for structure that requires Bo1: 12 teams. Before the start of a split, the 12 teams will be split randomly split into 4 different groups, three teams per group. (To not stack one group, the top 4 teams from the previous split cannot be in the same group as one another. If it were to apply to Spring 2018, TSM, Immortals, CLG, and Dignitas could not be in the same group.) a team will play 4 Bo1 games against each of the teams within their group and 3 Bo1 games against each of the teams outside of their group. At the end of the split, The top 2 teams from each group move on to the playoffs. Each Seed 1 team from the Regular Split will play against a randomly selected Seed 2 team from a different group in a Bo5. From there, the winning teams are randomly chosen against each other for Semis, and the Playoffs continues as it always has. This format allows for enough games to be played (37 for every team) that each team can get 3 games per week for 11 weeks, then a single 4 game week. This format, since it's Bo1, requires only one stream, but still allows for a three day broadcast (6 games each day, 18 total games per week) Maybe I'm overthinking it or underthinking it (Depends on who you ask) but if we MUST have Bo1's, this is the format I'd like to see. Or, you know, even better idea, **keep Bo3 as it holds the best integrity for a competitive season and adequately allows new players to find comfort in playing on-stage as well as for all players in getting used to a meta that is ever-changing.**
From what I've read/heard in interviews, the teams and players that talked to Riot preceding this decision unanimously agreed that the league isn't ready for 12 teams yet. However, I do agree that we need to expand from the double round robin and have more games played. If we had each team play each other three times, it would get us up to 27 games and remove the possibility of a head-to-head tie. It would also give us more games from teams we want, and I don't think it would tax the players' schedule too much. Teams still get more globally shared exposure, and we still reduce the viewer fatigue from Bo3's by more than half. IMO a triple round robin is the best compromise.
: The NA team owners don't care about being competitive at international events they just want to make more money.
You and I both know that's not true. The teams at the top of the table want to win more than anything and have continually made sacrifices to get closer to that goal. As much as I preferred the BO3 format, I can respect the decision moving forward. I do find it likely that fixes to the practice schedule will be more effective at improving teams than more stage games will be. While I don't relish the idea of watching bottom 4 games again, I will admit that it was really hard to block out time to watch a bunch of BO3's given that the games are on during the workday and right smack in the middle of my Saturday afternoon.
: It has to be to... **fill the void**
I'm laughing at this but also silently condemning myself for it.
: Wait we're not talking about azir?
: They're sexual innuendos.
They're definitely sexual innuendos. Almost exclusively. Dunno if any straight male will be capable of playing an entire game as Evelynn and not be tilted. ...I mean, you know. Mentally tilted. I'm sure _something_ won't be tilted.
Show more

coeurloyal

Level 35 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion