ABowloFruit (EUNE)
: It's not the games fault for this problem your teammates had just bad connection or rage quited
> [{quoted}](name=ABowloFruit,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KEksHwAg,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-26T07:50:07.027+0000) > > It's not the games fault for this problem your teammates had just bad connection or rage quited never had so many teammates with this bad of connection before def the game ,especially in ONE day
Rioter Comments
Kei143 (NA)
: The purpose or automation is so that everyone can be judged the same and follow the same process. Now understand the system punishes people based on consistency x severity. Just becuase 2 players can have the same toxicity severity within the same game doesn't mean they have the same consistency. So it is possible that one player gets punished when the other just has that toxic game stored against them for the future.
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Ev4ElWTy,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-06-07T01:31:04.391+0000) > > The purpose or automation is so that everyone can be judged the same and follow the same process. > > Now understand the system punishes people based on consistency x severity. Just becuase 2 players can have the same toxicity severity within the same game doesn't mean they have the same consistency. So it is possible that one player gets punished when the other just has that toxic game stored against them for the future. So you actually believe toxicity in someone can only occur once? Like I said, if the company wants to remove toxic players it should NOT have a "toxicity count",instead it should just look and say "yes this person is toxic vs no they are not toxic". Chances are that if someone is toxic in chat once they are prone to do it again. Toxicity stems from a psychological perspective which results from a need to lash at someone because they are not playing "right" or are doing something they do not like, which does not change based on the person i.e. they are already "born" toxic or they are not. It almost like saying you can turn off someone's personality between games which is not really possible and most people that play this game have that "trait" and it will not change from game to game, For example, I have always been competitive in ANYTHING so when someone doe not do something I like during a game that involvves a win or lose ,it is in me to confront them about it, it is not something I will do one time and never do it again. So in summary, toxic players will be toxic always no need to keep count one time is enough to warrant a punishment.
TrulyBland (EUNE)
: > there should be no reason for someone to be 0 and 10 in 15 deaths other than dying intentionally Interesting choice of word here… "should". To me that suggests you know very well that there are other plausible reasons. You just don't want those reasons to be accepted.
> [{quoted}](name=TrulyBland,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Ev4ElWTy,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-07T00:08:33.430+0000) > > Interesting choice of word here… "should". > To me that suggests you know very well that there are other plausible reasons. You just don't want those reasons to be accepted. You sound like you do this...but since that is your argument for what other reason should someone be 0 and 10 that does not involve intentional feeding, please enlighten me. The only thing that "should" suggests is that RIOT, not ME, thinks they are other reasons why you would be 0 and 10 at 15 minutes .
: So sick of players not taking rank seriously and not understanding basic team work
: Snowflakes at Riot
I agree, the company is trash
: > [{quoted}](name=dantheman1325,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Ev4ElWTy,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-06T22:03:15.275+0000) > > I never said there was but if there is an option to report players for feeding then they should also face consequences for their actions. Is there an option to report feeders? Or is it intentional feeders? Because thats two very different things.
> [{quoted}](name=Telephone Booth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Ev4ElWTy,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-06T23:41:09.144+0000) > > Is there an option to report feeders? Or is it intentional feeders? Because thats two very different things. Intentional feeding should not be limited to running it down mid, if u are 0 and 3 and go back your lane and die as soon as you get there that is intentional, there should be no reason for someone to be 0 and 10 in 15 minutes other than dying intentionally. Even if they say they are "trying". Nowhere does it say that intentional feeding is only limited to running it down mid. If you are trying to fight an opposing who has killed you various times and has an item or 2 advantage over you and you think you can comeback to lane and somehow kill them but end up dying (to nobody's surprise) then yes that is INTENTIONAL feeding. No questions about it. If you know you are 0 and 3,5,10,or 20 etc and try to fight an opposing laner that you fed knowing you have no chance of killing them, then that is 100% INTENTIONAL feeding, whether you think so or not. So there is actually not much of a difference other than the person feeding will say they are "trying" just so they do not get reported.
: This was never an argument lol, but feel free to think that way! Have a nice day.
> [{quoted}](name=Quiet Dude,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Ev4ElWTy,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-06T22:01:50.996+0000) > > This was never an argument lol, but feel free to think that way! Have a nice day. noun 1.) "an exchange of diverging or opposite views" 2.) "a reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong." Yes it was, read a dictionary.
: > [{quoted}](name=dantheman1325,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Ev4ElWTy,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-06-06T21:45:42.280+0000) > > They should not be allowed to be in ranked no matter their rank. If they feed the team loses and if they constantly they clearly should be practicing in NORMAL games. > > "insulting them for their performance lol ... its only a game" > > So who plays ranked to lose ? I am sure you do not and most people would not agree with you saying its just a game. Why? If this was the case then people would have nothing to play for other than just be playing normals. However, the games sole purpose is for players to eventually play ranked and try to climb the ladder and reach the highest rank possible. That is why the ranked system is in place so to some people this is not "just a game " look at the popular streamers they may act like its just a game but they make money from views and from being GOOD not from being bad and losing every game. They have to be good to continue to make money and support their own needs so for them its not just a game , its their JOB. In other words, some people do not just look at this a just being a game, but rather a JOB, or even an escape from their everyday reality and for others its competition to be the best or to get better and eventually start streaming, not have trolls feed every game they play in and be okay with it. How many streamers have you seen that do not talk shit about other people on their team being bad ?, yeah they may not type it in chat, but they are not any different from those who do. Yeah but theres no rule saying you must play this game well. Some people cant help it even. Hence, we have an iron division. I know a guy whos still iron after 6 years of playing the game. He has some good matches against fellow irons. You may think that means heshouldnt play ranked, but i disagree. Meh. Not saying youre wrong, its just an opinion. You disagree with Riot and thats okay. Agree to disagree.
> [{quoted}](name=Telephone Booth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Ev4ElWTy,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-06-06T21:57:06.369+0000) > > Yeah but theres no rule saying you must play this game well. Some people cant help it even. Hence, we have an iron division. I know a guy whos still iron after 6 years of playing the game. He has some good matches against fellow irons. You may think that means heshouldnt play ranked, but i disagree. Meh. Not saying youre wrong, its just an opinion. You disagree with Riot and thats okay. Agree to disagree. I never said there was but if there is an option to report players for feeding then they should also face consequences for their actions.
: You don't have to like the rules, but you do have to follow them. It's obvious you're mind is set. So have a great day, and I'll see you on the rift. {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
> [{quoted}](name=Quiet Dude,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Ev4ElWTy,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-06-06T21:57:11.601+0000) > > You don't have to like the rules, but you do have to follow them. It's obvious you're not open to changing your mind. So have a great day, and I'll see you on the rift. Come with a better argument next time and maybe I will be open to any of your suggestions.
: > [{quoted}](name=dantheman1325,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Ev4ElWTy,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-06T19:42:45.030+0000) > > I also ONLY received ONE 14 day ban before getting perma banned LOL This is why something like this should be subject to subjection but rather automated and have everyone involved punished equally. Thats not how it works. You are responsible for your actions. What other people do are not your concern and they are held responsible for their own actions. The 14 day ban was your final warning, one which you chose to ignore. Now hopefully when you make a brand new level 1 account, you'll be more conscientious of your actions
> [{quoted}](name=Quiet Dude,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Ev4ElWTy,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-06-06T21:44:16.312+0000) > > Thats not how it works. You are responsible for your actions. What other people do are not your concern and they are held responsible for their own actions. The 14 day ban was your final warning, one which you chose to ignore. Now hopefully when you make a brand new level 1 account, you'll be more conscientious of your actions :-) "What other people do are not your concern" By this logic, then I should not be punished for talking shit to people in all chat because I am not talking to them but rather someone else so therefore it is not that persons concern so they should not report me because i did not say anything to them ? Please try to come up with more logical arguments before commenting these "white knight" comments. It is my concern because the player is on MY team; do not sit there and act as if you would not report me for trolling/inting every one of your games because me feeding the enemy team is not YOUR concern. Please get out of here with that BS. "they are held responsible for their own actions" No they are not lmao. The only reason people get punished is by other making it THEIR CONCERN and reporting the player otherwise NOTHING would be done. Reports are based on CONCERNS from OTHER people.
: The instant feedback report is notoriously unreliable. I guess its not meant to tell you everytime action was taken, because other people's accounts arent actually any of your business. Its just meant to remind people that their reports are being reviewed, they're not just useless placebos. So I've heard. And yeah, insulting of any kind is against the rules, whether its calling people bad at the game, or comparing them to waste. Also, the punishment for doing poorly in ranked is getting demoted. They should definitely continue playing ranked. They'll just end up playing in iron/bronze. Thats how its meant to be. They got matched against players a tier higher apparently, and you're sitting there insulting them for their performance lol come on man. From one dan to another, its only a game. Nothing wrong with being bad at a inconsequential leisure activity. Its not like theyre getting paid to be good.
> [{quoted}](name=Telephone Booth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Ev4ElWTy,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-06T21:20:08.093+0000) > > The instant feedback report is notoriously unreliable. I guess its not meant to tell you everytime action was taken, because other people's accounts arent actually any of your business. Its just meant to remind people that their reports are being reviewed, they're not just useless placebos. So I've heard. And yeah, insulting of any kind is against the rules, whether its calling people bad at the game, or comparing them to waste. > > Also, the punishment for doing poorly in ranked is getting demoted. They should definitely continue playing ranked. They'll just end up playing in iron/bronze. Thats how its meant to be. They got matched against players a tier higher apparently, and you're sitting there insulting them for their performance lol come on man. From one dan to another, its only a game. Nothing wrong with being bad at a inconsequential leisure activity. Its not like theyre getting paid to be good. They should not be allowed to be in ranked no matter their rank. If they feed the team loses and if they constantly they clearly should be practicing in NORMAL games. "insulting them for their performance lol ... its only a game" So who plays ranked to lose ? I am sure you do not and most people would not agree with you saying its just a game. Why? If this was the case then people would have nothing to play for other than just be playing normals. However, the games sole purpose is for players to eventually play ranked and try to climb the ladder and reach the highest rank possible. That is why the ranked system is in place. So, to some people this is not "just a game " look at the popular streamers they may act like its just a game but they make money from views and from being GOOD not from being bad and losing every game. They have to be good to continue to make money and support their own needs so for them its not just a game , its their JOB. In other words, some people do not just look at this a just being a game, but rather a JOB, or even an escape from their everyday reality and for others its competition to be the best or to get better and eventually start streaming, not have trolls feed every game they play in and be okay with it. How many streamers have you seen that do not talk shit about other people on their team being bad ?, yeah they may not type it in chat, but they are not any different from those who do.
rujitra (NA)
: What if those players are in a fully premade group with their friends? Should they still be punished?
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Ev4ElWTy,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-06T21:22:07.983+0000) > > What if those players are in a fully premade group with their friends? Should they still be punished? Yes they should not be exempt especially if they are not friends in real life but only through the game. If they do it to troll that is their own fault but if ANYONE considers someone to be toxic whether or not they are in a 5 man pre-made they should face the same punishments as everyone else.
: The Instant Feedback Report is rare, as it's only supposed to be a reminder that your reports matter, not some 100% accurate sign that your report got someone punished then and there. Look at it this way; the Instant Feedback Report only occurs if your report resulted in the player being punished - as in a mainline punishment, like a Chat Restriction or a Suspension. _But_, not every valid report will _result_ in a punishment, though it _will_ still push that player closer towards one. So, perhaps the largest part of that inconsistency is the expectation that valid reports will always result in a punishment, when in reality, the majority of our valid reports are only pushing players _towards_ that punishment, rather than triggering it. And, no; the IFS does not require multiple reports per game to result in a punishment. One report is enough. It doesn't matter if the behavior is extreme or mild, if you report them, the IFS reviews their behavior and applies punishment accordingly. The IFS doesn't care how many reports are filed, as long as it's a value greater than zero. So any number of reports from 1-9 will have the same result - review, flag if valid, and punish if necessary.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Ev4ElWTy,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-06T21:13:53.982+0000) > > The Instant Feedback Report is rare, as it's only supposed to be a reminder that your reports matter, not some 100% accurate sign that your report got someone punished then and there. > > Look at it this way; the Instant Feedback Report only occurs if your report resulted in the player being punished - as in a mainline punishment, like a Chat Restriction or a Suspension. _But_, not every valid report will _result_ in a punishment, though it _will_ still push that player closer towards one. > > So, perhaps the largest part of that inconsistency is the expectation that valid reports will always result in a punishment, when in reality, the majority of our valid reports are only pushing players _towards_ that punishment, rather than triggering it. > > And, no; the IFS does not require multiple reports per game to result in a punishment. One report is enough. It doesn't matter if the behavior is extreme or mild, if you report them, the IFS reviews their behavior and applies punishment accordingly. > > The IFS doesn't care how many reports are filed, as long as it's a value greater than zero. So any number of reports from 1-9 will have the same result - review, flag if valid, and punish if necessary. So then this accomplishes what ? The way I see it is if you respond to toxicity you are also toxic to the community , regardless of the number of reports your account has. That is like saying if 2 people committed a crime but one has done more than the other, then the other is automatically excused because they have not committed as many? That does not sound fair to me and neither does this system whose sole purpose is to get rid of toxic players. "We will get rid of the MORE toxic players but the ones who are less toxic get to stay ". How does that make sense? TOXICITY should NOT be looked at as a numerical value but rather as a categorical variable which aims to seperate ANYONE who has ever been toxic from those who have never said anything.
: they can't detect everyone , that's how AI works but that's their way to be sure the one they ban ARE 100% toxic players (very few exceptions are those TRYING to trigger the system) the only case i ever saw of someone unbanned was someone trying deliberately to test the system If you see extreme behavior : Screenshot, keep game score, report ,monitor op.gg. if he is still playing 1 week later, report him manually.
> [{quoted}](name=The Anivia OTP,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Ev4ElWTy,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-06T20:24:47.979+0000) > > they can't detect everyone , that's how AI works > but that's their way to be sure the one they ban ARE 100% toxic players (very few exceptions are those TRYING to trigger the system) > the only case i ever saw of someone unbanned was someone trying deliberately to test the system > > If you see extreme behavior : Screenshot, keep game score, report ,monitor op.gg. > > if he is still playing 1 week later, > report him manually. I understand that not everyone will be detected , HOWEVER someone who spews racial or homophobic slurs should be subject to automatic discipline without ANY chance of not being punished for it. I should not have to rely on a detection to decide whether or not a player like this may or may not be caught. I am sure, when compared to number of reports for "basic" toxicity, the numbers are much lower for those who use homophobic or racial slurs therefore, the system should be able to catch EVERY single player who exhbits this behavior in all chat. Also what if someone says "kys" in chat and the person actually does, but the perpetrator does not get caught because of a faulty system what will RIOT say " oh I am sorry your son/daughter died because of online bullying but our system was not able to detect who said that to them, so there is not much we can do about it " does the possibility of that happening not sound like a joke to you because it does to me.
: Well, that's the point. As The Djinn said, if you don't report someone, that's an indicator that you didn't find their behavior bad enough to merit the IFS looking at - and potentially punishing - them. If you want someone punished, you have to report them. Elsewise, the IFS isn't going to have any reason to assume that they broke the rules.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Ev4ElWTy,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-06T20:18:21.042+0000) > > Well, that's the point. As The Djinn said, if you don't report someone, that's an indicator that you didn't find their behavior bad enough to merit the IFS looking at - and potentially punishing - them. > > If you want someone punished, you have to report them. Elsewise, the IFS isn't going to have any reason to assume that they broke the rules. My point is that everyone should be punished accordingly which is what RIOT does NOT do. I used to report people for being toxic and from the few times that I did it, I never received an instant feedback report so I just assumed RIOT will only punish those who have been reported by multiple people in the same game, which is a joke to begin with. Someone who responds to my toxicity with their own should also be punished regardless if I am the only who reports them, but that simply does not happen because the system is broken. It caters to reports from multiple parties and ignores the ones with a single report unless it is for something EXTREME. I have also reported so many people for feeding/trolling and not ONCE did I ever receive an instant feedback on that so why even have that as option to report somebody for if nothing is going to be done about it.
: > [{quoted}](name=dantheman1325,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Ev4ElWTy,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-06T20:03:15.272+0000) > > I should not have to report them RIOT should read the entire chat log and send out punishments accordingly to all parties involved. It is from the same game. Nevertheless, that is how the system works. If you do not report someone, that is an indication that you did not find their behavior problematic enough to merit reporting.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Ev4ElWTy,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-06T20:05:11.950+0000) > > Nevertheless, that is how the system works. If you do not report someone, that is an indication that you did not find their behavior problematic enough to merit reporting. No, I am just not the type of person to try to get someone banned for calling me trash but I will attempt to do so when something more extreme is said, such as one of the examples listed above.
: > [{quoted}](name=dantheman1325,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Ev4ElWTy,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-06T19:58:26.308+0000) > > So what about the people that responded to me with similar tirades they don't get banned too ? Only me because I started it ? lmao So if I punch someone and they punch me back and we fight only one of us gets arrested ? Yeah that never happens both parties are always held responsible. If you reported them (or someone else on your team did) than their behavior will *also* be judged, and the system will give them a punishment or progress towards a punishment as appropriate given their past behavior and previous warnings.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Ev4ElWTy,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-06T19:59:49.317+0000) > > If you reported them (or someone else on your team did) than their behavior will *also* be judged, and the system will give them a punishment or progress towards a punishment as appropriate given their past behavior and previous warnings. I should not have to report them RIOT should read the entire chat log and send out punishments accordingly to all parties involved. It is from the same game.
: I had a very long discussion with the staff when i got banned 14 days 2 years ago , then another one few month laters but this one on sterile terrain ---------------------------- we agreed on a general rule of thumb for toxicity : #If you have neither something nice/neutral nore something important to say; #you might get punished if you talk. --------------------------- Calling people "trash" is no exception. ------------------------- 2nd thing : "It's not a matter whether they will be banned, if someone does something reprehensible he/she WILL be banned. Our system will tack some of them but we therefore need you to report them. If you believe an extreme behavior has been left unpunished, please consider sending another ticket" That's more or less what a rioter told me , and probably what they will tell you
"Our system will tack SOME of them but we therefore need you to report them. If you believe an extreme behavior has been left unpunished, please consider sending another ticket" This is actually laughable lmao
: >So Riot recently perma banned one of my account for calling people "trash" and what not in ranked games. Yep. That's against the terms of use, so if you keep doing it you'll eventually end up banned after several warnings where your behavior does not change.
So what about the people that responded to me with similar tirades they don't get banned too ? Only me because I started it ? lmao So if I punch someone and they punch me back and we fight only one of us gets arrested ? Yeah that never happens both parties are always held responsible.
Rioter Comments
  Rioter Comments

dantheman1325

Level 213 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion