: It's worth noting: Riot doesn't discriminate between non-neurotypical people and neurotypical people when apply chat bans. I have 5 Perma Bans, and I'm as least Asberger's.
> [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uTmQOUEu,comment-id=001d0000,timestamp=2019-05-21T02:46:20.941+0000) > > It's worth noting: Riot doesn't discriminate between non-neurotypical people and neurotypical people when apply chat bans. I have 5 Perma Bans, and I'm as least Asberger's. Right. And to be clear, that's my point: how could they fairly enforce rules depending on the private details of the players? Barring unrealistic invasions of privacy, they *couldn't*.
: It is just me or does Riot prefer we watch rather than play the game ?
> Is it just me or does Riot prefer we watch rather than play the game ? Briefly put: yes. It's "their" safest source of revenue. On paper, "they" can earn quite a lot without having to invest virtually anything in e-sports. The game inspires enough players to waste their early adulthoods gaining sufficient skill to produce games that a small audience worldwide finds entertaining to watch. (That small audience is pretty large in absolute numbers). Most of the total capital is fronted by other people: for free in the case of players (human capital); and as ordinary business, in the case of partners etc. I mean, they even selectively open up special game modes to pro play during events with large audiences. The community may gripe ("why open URF to LCS but not to everyone else?"), but the loss of real goodwill isn't detected or recorded on the balance sheet by anyone at Riot/TenCent.
: Can I have LP back if riot acknowledges someone threw my game?
Short answer: no, there's no call for that.
: I ban her so it's a non issue, tired of 100% loss rate with Yuumi as an ally. It's like playing a 4v5 and not cause yuumi is bad but because idiots are qing ranked with 0 mastery on her. Yuumis don't advertise that they're picking her either so gotta play it safe and 100% ban her.
> [{quoted}](name=Beerstein,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1f3pcBdY,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-05-20T03:18:27.771+0000) > > I ban her so it's a non issue, tired of 100% loss rate with Yuumi as an ally. It's like playing a 4v5 and not cause yuumi is bad but because idiots are qing ranked with 0 mastery on her. Yuumis don't advertise that they're picking her either so gotta play it safe and 100% ban her. Honestly, people need to stop downvoting this opinion just because it's being expressed and it bothers them. There is a clear population of people who feel they're having a certain experience with non-communicative supports who choose the new champ. It deserves attention; talk about why (beyond the usual "it's the fault of the person complaining") instead of downvoting.
: Retroactively releasing borders for legacy skins feels scummy
> [{quoted}](name=Ahri Body Pillow,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eZAAP8ye,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-20T18:41:09.039+0000) > > feels scummy Because it is.
: > I mean generally I won’t have a problem with it but when you give me a 1350 or higher skin I expect a 1350 or higher skin which includes new animations, new lines, new interactions, new emotes and dances None of these are something that 1350 skins have. These things are for legendary/ultimate skins, which are even more expensive due to the cost of having to animate a bunch more shit and hire a new voice actor for the skins. Some 1350 skins have special back animations(all of Jhin's skins do, for example), but that's normally it. RGMs were removed because apparently they make people quit because they aren't fun/interesting, which I honestly think is bullshit, but whatever.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vEelWZM4,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-20T16:16:11.049+0000) > > RGMs were removed because apparently they make people quit because they aren't fun/interesting, **which I honestly think is bullshit**, but whatever. Because it is.
: Question: should you have to play games to actually post on GD?
: > [{quoted}](name=AIQ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OjjEabBM,comment-id=000e0000,timestamp=2019-05-20T21:29:44.982+0000) > > It's snowing in Mexico. > However this is nothing new in the Great Plains every year around May-ish we get crazy tornadic weather. It has to do with the heat/humidity/cool fronts the transition from spring to full fledged summer. It can cause hail? I know about the tornadoes from the conflicting temperature winds, but does it cause hail?
> [{quoted}](name=AngusBoomPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=OjjEabBM,comment-id=000e00000000,timestamp=2019-05-20T22:00:38.263+0000) > > It can cause hail? I know about the tornadoes from the conflicting temperature winds, but does it cause hail? Conditions for hail are in some respects more complicated, but many of the conditions generally required for the occurrence of tornadoes are also observed to contribute to hail formation. (E.g., strong updrafts and cumulonimbus clouds).
Vacus (NA)
: I would estimate 85-90% of Riot earnings come from microtransactions. They have merchandise and tickets and so on, but the vast majority is MTX.
> [{quoted}](name=Vacus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uE6cEQ6d,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-20T21:35:45.385+0000) > > ***I*** *would estimate* 85-90% of Riot earnings come from microtransactions. Why?
: Fuck ARURF, bring beck normal URF. My fave thing is picking champs i want to play and see them unbound.
> [{quoted}](name=Clockwork Mouse,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=i4UY178k,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-20T14:53:12.667+0000) > > Fuck ARURF, bring beck normal URF. My fave thing is picking champs i want to play and see them unbound. Personally, I like them both. But people have their opinions.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uTmQOUEu,comment-id=00000003,timestamp=2019-05-20T21:19:29.343+0000) > And if someone admits to it when it's not even true, then they're definitely stupid enough to warrant a ban anyway. That literally makes no sense. Weed is hip and it can be a funny and relatable thing to mention as a result, especially to lighten the mood if they're not playing well and happen to be high. Everyone who smokes knows it doesn't really matter for most people, so the anger/frustration on your part is just ignorance.
> [{quoted}](name=Adsolution,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uTmQOUEu,comment-id=000000030002,timestamp=2019-05-20T21:54:50.498+0000) > > That literally makes no sense Right, it's similar to the kind of fallacious reasoning that the Inquisitions used. [\*\*N.b. moderators: this comment should not be construed as containining any political content or any comment whose object is a person or group of people. This is a comment about a kind of reasoning observed in this thread, and its parallels to something historical (not contemporary) for which reference material exists.]
: Except I am still the 1 with the best stat on the team even if I drink before playing :P
> [{quoted}](name=OP Garen Support,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uTmQOUEu,comment-id=001e,timestamp=2019-05-20T21:47:43.562+0000) > > Except I am still the 1 with the best stat on the team even if I drink before playing :P {{sticker:garen-swing}}
: explanation
I feel we need much more context to understand what happened here. Personal posts to PB tend to be unreliable with respect to providing all of the relevant details.
lpjPrød (NA)
: ARAM players
> [{quoted}](name=lpjPrød,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wAqnEBkT,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-19T16:12:48.704+0000) > > I personally start an ARAM because i don't have much time and it takes 7 min and a half to FIND the game that is not dodging. Huh? Seven-and-a-half minutes sitting in ARAM queue? I've never had that happen, even during *URF events. Personally, I doubt this happens very often, and I really doubt it's even close to the average. > > So, I may have some ideas to prevent those things that just makes me want to intentionally feed every single game of ARAM. > > 1. When you start the queue of ARAM theres a little tip somewhere in the client saying **ARAM dodges are more punishable than normal queues due to the ridiculous amount of dodges.** Aren't they already?
: Playing High/Drunk in Ranked should be bannable
> [{quoted}](name=XXXMurderPenguin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uTmQOUEu,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-20T09:24:50.902+0000) > > Playing High/Drunk in Ranked should be bannable > > If they admit to it in chat and are 2/15 it should be taken as Prosperously Feeding. What about people who, for clinically-recognised reasons, take medications which are psychoactive (as a side-effect or otherwise)? What about people who are impaired by neurological conditions (e.g., those which can be observed following traumatic brain injury)? What about people who are afflicted by psychological conditions of any kind, whose public manifestations depend (however you look at it) on physical processes occurring within those persons' brains?
Crocele (NA)
: who uses manamune?
> [{quoted}](name=Crocele,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=udmplFx4,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-20T20:59:45.488+0000) > > who uses masamune? Cyrus, IIRC. Frog, too.
Anl0rian (NA)
: > It's a dirty tactic used to unbalance you, and from your post it sounded like it worked. So you admit that it's only intended to tilt and "unbalance". Why BM someone period when you're ahead? Trash talk is toxic, are you serious?
> [{quoted}](name=Anl0rian,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1GEm1sLA,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-04-10T18:59:26.790+0000) > > So you admit that it's only intended to tilt and "unbalance". Why BM someone period when you're ahead? > > Trash talk is toxic, are you serious? And here we arrive full circle, the closed loop and cycle upon which Riot sets us. What do I mean? I mean this: - In the beginning, there was chaos. - And Riot said, let there be peace. - "All seemed well pleased, all seemed but were not all." [Some people complained that 'trash talk is part of competitive play'] - Riot asserted that "trash talk is allowed" and "there is a difference" between "trash talk" and "toxic behavior". - Flaming became cleverer, disguising itself so as to seem like 'trash talk' or otherwise. "Yet from those flames/ No light, but rather darkness visible." Riot maintains that it is entirely possible to discern 'trash talk' (which, Riot says, is 'in good fun') from toxic behaviors. (There is even a tip to this effect that sometimes displays during the game loading screen). Moderators in PB have reinforced that assertion. But **there are players on both sides of this argument who find Riot's position vexing**: - people who antagonise other players verbally (or people who *enjoy watching* that antagonism, which they call 'trash talk'), with the express purpose of causing a negative experience for their targets *by means other than gameplay*, who dislike being punished for that - people who experience 'trash talk' [whatever that is] as overwhelmingly negative, who recognize that negative social behaviors **propagate and compound** (i.e., permissive rules serve to _encourage_ negative behavior in a population over time, without that behavior having ever been especially prevalent or natural to begin with) *** To be clear, due to its vacuity, I'm generally neutral on this point. I consider Riot's stated position on 'trash talk' basically meaningless, and all arguments over whether something is or isn't 'trash talk' vacant. It's not a court of law, it's Riot; I'm disappointed, **but not surprised**, that the rules are made such that their enforcement is needlessly arbitrary. I'd rather argue whether a specific behavior is or isn't toxic (i.e., negative and propagating-compounding). And although they're far from the perfect arbiter, that's nearly what Riot does already, in the end.
AvaBabii (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=AvaBabii,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=TjwVmV4m,comment-id=0001000000010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-10T21:21:58.403+0000) > > Says the kid that just came home from school so decided to jump on his computer and type another ridiculous response. Don't tell me about the world kid, you probably haven't even left your mothers house yet. You don't know what the rest of the world is llke. Do you not realise what you've just done? I'm honestly asking. If you don't, then you are probably doing it all the time IRL. Being anti-bullying is one thing. But I don't think that's your motivation, as most of your comments in this thread are personal in nature.
: That is why you read the Terms of Use before you agree to them.
> [{quoted}](name=Zombie Gerbil,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Mpuv4v0d,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-10T19:59:33.187+0000) > > That is why you read the Terms of Use before you agree to them. Always, *always* read the Terms of Use. The [**whole thing**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/cH8AqoAp-riots-long-term-plans-to-establish-a-yordle-call-center), in its entirety.
: This is more feedback for Riot: ARAM feels better
IMO, this demonstrates that [quantifiably!] *most* champions should have always had at least one ranged ability. Crazy talk, I know, but don't even worry about arguing against it. The time for testing my crazy ideas came and went a long time ago, and they will probably never again see the discussion of day. (OTOH, is there a trend in newer champions' kits over time?)
: The toxicity of this community astounds me.
What always gets lost in the mix is that the community's behavior is directly tied (albeit in ways that most people will consider obscure) to the design of the game. (**N.b.**, I did not imply *causation*). I'm tired of reading posts about how toxic **the people** are, without any mention of **why that happens to be the case**. By all means, start a dialogue on the complex topic of how the game affects people over time. Otherwise, IMO, this sort of post belongs in [/Rant](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation).
: > [{quoted}](name=dnsup,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iZHUEZaP,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2019-04-03T23:12:22.260+0000) > > Tell me: what do I do, **today**, with the 100k+ BE I **currently** possess? Keep it in the bank and let it accrue interest. Seriously, even if you can spend it on the couple of rare cosmetics that will use up that much BE... eventually you will return to this situation. I don't disenchant my champion shards - if I did I then I would have over 200k BE, and I only been playing about 18 months. (I still have 80k "liquid" BE.) I think that actually Riot is secretly working on something new to spend BE on... I think that I did notice some rumors... You might benefit from this liquid loot next season.
> [{quoted}](name=True Garen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iZHUEZaP,comment-id=0001000000010001,timestamp=2019-04-06T00:39:47.976+0000) > >I don't disenchant my champion shards - if I did I then I would have over 200k BE, and I only been playing about 18 months. (I still have 80k "liquid" BE.) Oh yeah, just forget about champion shards. I have dozens and dozens of those sitting in my inventory, too (because somehow the loop of ***clicking and waiting for the flashing lights to stop so that I can click again*** failed to be a rewarding enough experience, after the BE became meaningless). I also stopped bothering to even *open* champion capsules (including the "glorious" champion capsules), so who knows how many of those are sitting in my inventory. *** > I think that actually Riot is secretly working on something new to spend BE on... I think that I did notice some rumors... You might benefit from this liquid loot next season. If they're paying attention (and have the right people working for them), then that's what they'll do. Certain people will counter, "it's free stuff, stop complaining" (or my favorite, "you know the game didn't even originally have a loot system?"), but that is missing the point. There is a "long-term no-no" in the game's loot system as it stands. It's counterproductive (wrt monetisation) to give players something "for free" if it demands mental fatigue (clicks, animations) without "meaningful payoff". And it may not be green, but, much like [**the big yoshi**](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWu5X4jcvv8&t=63), all of this stuff is "just sitting there".
Rioter Comments
AIQ (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=dnsup,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iZHUEZaP,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-01T18:22:34.043+0000) > > I just want **a reason to want BE**. It's absolutely useless to me right now. Wait is the BE event not something? Free Chromas/ Icons and even a WW skin + some Gemstones? I'd personally like a conversion of BE to OE. Maybe at a 3rd or 4th of the BE value so 1 OE for every 3 or 4 BE.
> [{quoted}](name=AIQ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iZHUEZaP,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-04-02T21:42:35.707+0000) > > Wait is the BE event not something? Tell me: what do I do, **today**, with the 100k+ BE I **currently** possess?
: considering the OP doesn't really have a better way to reach a large portion of the playerbase, I'm not sure why he's being picked apart for it... this isn't supposed to be a dead-on representation and was never presented as such what did you expect? He said to take it with a grain of salt...TY OP for the effort
The people who attacked OP are mostly people who don't like the result.
: The 52 looks like a lot, but the sample size is way too small to determine anything.
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GJwadhqB,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-01T20:38:45.732+0000) > > the sample size is way too small to determine anything. No, it's not.
: > [{quoted}](name=dnsup,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iZHUEZaP,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-01T18:21:26.914+0000) > > That would be easier for me to believe if I had a link to the actual message. Replying a second time to make sure you're notified since it has been a bit. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/x6n9Mb05-my-opinion-regarding-runes-refund?comment=0006 > [{quoted}](name=Riot Cactopus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=x6n9Mb05,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-09-05T20:12:55.211+0000) > > I'm really glad to see this post, because a lot of other boards posts have been a sort of mishmash of feedback about all the other changes (rewards/leveling) and this is a great opportunity for us to focus specifically on the rune rewards. OP has a fair question here, and it's basically this: **We're giving rewards to players for buying runes in the past, but it's not a FULL refund for all runes purchased since the beginning. Why?** While we're not intending to change the reward amounts that we've already announced, I do think we owe you guys a serious explanation, so here it is: > > To understand this you have to understand our business model. We use the money we get from sellings things to make the game better. Giving away IP means we make less money, because it cuts into future sales of champs for RP (and that's a big part of the business model for our game). It's how we get money to reinvest in the game with new features that make the game better for everyone. > > So what we're doing with the rune rewards is giving up a portion of our revenue. Why, then, are we giving back some blue essence for each tier three rune you ever bought? Why not give _nothing_ in exchange for runes, if it hurts revenue? The answer is that we understand that it feels bad to have something you paid for suddenly become free for other people. Given the broader context of how positive the upcoming runes changes are for the game, we think that giving a little something back is the right thing to do for players and for the long-term health of the game. > > The goal with the rewards we've announced is to recognize the time you’ve spent getting Runes and reward you fairly for it, without going overboard and hurting ourselves financially. That's the most straight and honest answer I can give you. While the topic itself was on Runes Reforged. Runes Reforged was still part of the overall BE update so it still applies. This isn't even taking into account how much Riot lied to us about what we would get after the total rework. EDIT: Added the post itself, kept the link.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iZHUEZaP,comment-id=00000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-04-01T19:22:48.669+0000) > > Replying a second time to make sure you're notified since it has been a bit. > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/x6n9Mb05-my-opinion-regarding-runes-refund?comment=0006 > > While the topic itself was on Runes Reforged. Runes Reforged was still part of the overall BE update so it still applies. > > This isn't even taking into account how much Riot lied to us about what we would get after the total rework. Sorry for making you dig. Thanks for sourcing :) {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: Can we just go back to earning 50-80 Blue Essence after finishing each match?
I just want **a reason to want BE**. It's absolutely useless to me right now.
: > [{quoted}](name=BeatzBoyFTW,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iZHUEZaP,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-01T15:28:37.348+0000) > > They can just continue making a bunch of nonsense Prestige skins . Pretty sure there are more oblivious youngsters that would pay for them anyway. Believe it or not, that was one of the reasons they gave for the entire BE rework in the first place. Riot Cactopus said it himself in one of the mega threads on the rework.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iZHUEZaP,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-01T15:34:22.883+0000) > > Believe it or not, that was one of the reasons they gave for the entire BE rework in the first place. > > Riot Cactopus said it himself in one of the mega threads on the rework. That would be easier for me to believe if I had a link to the actual message.
: I haven't gotten one of their surveys recently but over the years I recall them being a mixed bag. Sometimes they seem spot on and other times they seem more like subtle advertising/persuasion. The one that really sticks out was back when they deleted solo queue and I got a survey asking "Do you like being able to chose your roll and queue with up to five people in ranked?" and then the next week saw a Riot post/article/whatever about how most of the player base liked flex queue, a result I feel quite certain would not have occurred if they had asked about position queueing and flex queue separately.
> [{quoted}](name=Thunder Dreamss,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RasIZpa0,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-04-01T02:47:12.391+0000) > > I haven't gotten one of their surveys recently but over the years I recall them being a mixed bag. Sometimes they seem spot on and other times they seem more like subtle advertising/persuasion. > > The one that really sticks out was back when they deleted solo queue and I got a survey asking "Do you like being able to chose your roll and queue with up to five people in ranked?" and then the next week saw a Riot post/article/whatever about how most of the player base liked flex queue, a result I feel quite certain would not have occurred if they had asked about position queueing and flex queue separately. That's troubling. Even at Riot, internally, that should have been troubling.
: This "woof woof bark" and "meow meow meow" stuff is stupid
wolvius (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Silly Neeko,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=znZiiYzr,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-01T11:05:52.605+0000) > > Either i do not get it because i am missing something.... > > Or it is because i probably would have prefered seeing the woof woof bark or meow meow meow rather than that. > > Still better than seeing flame though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx6iD5igrR0
> [{quoted}](name=wolvius,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=znZiiYzr,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-01T14:35:17.957+0000) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx6iD5igrR0 [You're the man now, dog.](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-UmfqFjpl0)
: > [{quoted}](name=dnsup,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jRT9auiF,comment-id=0007000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-01T16:28:33.119+0000) > > Neither. I said: its not a "life philosophy" it's an observation of human behavior.
> [{quoted}](name=WarmAndCrispy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jRT9auiF,comment-id=00070001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-01T17:14:56.549+0000) > > it's an observation of human behavior. But it's not.
: "Ur mom gay" is a commonly known meme/joke; don't take it personally
> [{quoted}](name=R107 Games,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EczKINpy,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-01T16:41:43.743+0000) > > "Ur mom gay" is a commonly known meme/joke; don't take it personally Doesn't matter.
: When should I switch from casual to Ranked?
Never. It's a needless headache. At best it is a less fun version of something that is only fun sometimes (but which has a high addictive potential).
: ur mom is gay
> [{quoted}](name=Kamille W,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EczKINpy,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-01T16:35:25.943+0000) > > I asked him politely, "why the fuck are you doing baron when their whole team is alive?" You have a definition of politeness that is alternative to mine.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: >It must not have hurt that bad if you are still here with us. What a charming person this is... {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
> [{quoted}](name=Voldymort,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=a0hRw4Rp,comment-id=0006000100000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-04-01T10:56:01.111+0000) > > What a charming person this is... > > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} lol, right? "You didn't die, so hey, it's okay! What doesn't kill you..."
: Why does Riot believe in "hate speech"?
Many of OP's comments in this thread are the result of wishful thinking (and other self-deceptive patterns of thought) combined with casuistic arguments made by others elsewhere (which OP might not have fallen under the spell of, were it not for the self-deception which almost every human is capable of). Blame the whole heritage of such arguments.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=WarmAndCrispy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jRT9auiF,comment-id=000700010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-01T02:20:12.960+0000) > > _**--Removed--**_ Neither. I said: > Belief in this er, "life philosophy" is largely down to upbringing, but in practice it doesn't work in humanity's favor.
: > [{quoted}](name=dnsup,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jRT9auiF,comment-id=000700010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-31T21:30:23.322+0000) > > Right, and I'm saying that's not generally true (or even comprehensible, really, since "soft" and "hard" don't mean anything precise when used to describe human behavior). > > Neither did I, though. "but in practice it doesn't work in humanity's favor"
> [{quoted}](name=WarmAndCrispy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jRT9auiF,comment-id=0007000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-31T21:47:36.061+0000) > > "but in practice it doesn't work in humanity's favor" "In practice" ~ "in actuality" ~ "in reality". I.e., as opposed to "in theory."
: > [{quoted}](name=dnsup,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jRT9auiF,comment-id=0007000100000000,timestamp=2019-03-31T16:51:22.271+0000) > > At least as much as whatever you felt qualified you to do so earlier. After rereading your comment, you're clearly confused about I was talking about because I spoke of no such "practice" that would be good for humanity. I was just describing my observation of how ppl are soft until life hardens them. So what were you talking about exactly?
> [{quoted}](name=WarmAndCrispy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jRT9auiF,comment-id=00070001000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-31T21:01:11.212+0000) > > I was just describing my observation of how ppl are soft until life hardens them. Right, and I'm saying that's not generally true (or even comprehensible, really, since "soft" and "hard" don't mean anything precise when used to describe human behavior). > I spoke of no such "practice" Neither did I, though.
: > [{quoted}](name=dnsup,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jRT9auiF,comment-id=00070001,timestamp=2019-03-31T03:39:10.674+0000) > > I'm sure this _seems_ reasonable to you, but it's just not supported by the evidence. Belief in this er, "life philosophy" is largely down to upbringing, but in practice it doesn't work in humanity's favor. I would love to know what qualifies you to speak so confidently in humanity's behalf
> [{quoted}](name=WarmAndCrispy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jRT9auiF,comment-id=000700010000,timestamp=2019-03-31T07:20:16.769+0000) > > I would love to know what qualifies you to speak so confidently in humanity's behalf At least as much as whatever you felt qualified you to do so earlier.
: > [{quoted}](name=Mother Sorakaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8PALdJT0,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2019-03-29T02:02:39.569+0000) > > I've been talking about the Riot's system isn't working properly since long time ago. > > Thus, I have a another accounat and had a 14 days ban cause I talked **korean in English.** > > It happened like Last week and I had to get some info from Korea server and prove to NA server. > As I requested previously, I submitted the 1:1 request on Korea server about "getting banned for no reason/by using another language" as same as I requested from NA server team. > > As I got the answer back from KOREA GM, > They tried to solve the problem since I didn't use any single of abuse nor brutal word, > but they have different systems between Korea and NA server. > > Con: I got revenge by the enemy team by the answering back on Karthus's negative attitude + asking us to kill ourselves. > Please punish those kind of players who those report for revenge; not players like as me. > > Game 1 > Pre-Game > diddlestickkk: 머야 > diddlestickkk: 물한잔 마실수없는 시간이네 > diddlestickkk: 녜{ㅖㅇㅇㅇ > diddlestickkk: 재밌어여 > diddlestickkk: ㅇㅇ > diddlestickkk: 디들스틱 여자 > diddlestickkk: ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ > diddlestickkk: 이름이 여자스럽지않음 > diddlestickkk: ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ > diddlestickkk: 저 > diddlestickkk: 그럼 > diddlestickkk: 저기갈게요 > diddlestickkk: 그거머지 > diddlestickkk: 정글 > diddlestickkk: 아니여 > diddlestickkk: 지금 한국에서 > diddlestickkk: 캐나다에서 졸업해서 한국와서 > diddlestickkk: 디들스틱중 > diddlestickkk: ㅌㅋ > In-Game > diddlestickkk: type eul mot ham.. > diddlestickkk: naeeeeeng > diddlestickkk: no gg > diddlestickkk: ya > diddlestickkk: darius > diddlestickkk: ya > diddlestickkk: LOL > diddlestickkk: naisu > diddlestickkk: 4 > diddlestickkk: ripi > diddlestickkk: getting their red > diddlestickkk: blue > diddlestickkk: injeong > diddlestickkk: nicsu > diddlestickkk: oh toxic > diddlestickkk: how toxic r u > diddlestickkk: ganking man dol gae yo > diddlestickkk: kkkkkkkkk > diddlestickkk: oo in jeong > diddlestickkk: naisu > diddlestickkk: i jst realized > diddlestickkk: blue > diddlestickkk: no > diddlestickkk: blue > diddlestickkk: gone > diddlestickkk: bye bye > diddlestickkk: gonna get that bt > diddlestickkk: score > diddlestickkk: jji bal rim > diddlestickkk: D: > diddlestickkk: ji ri go gap ni da > diddlestickkk: ? > diddlestickkk: LMAO > diddlestickkk: can u talk properly? > diddlestickkk: r u talking abt urself karth? > diddlestickkk: LOLL > diddlestickkk: injeong > diddlestickkk: kimchimandoo was taken > diddlestickkk: LMAO > diddlestickkk: that %%%% san > diddlestickkk: name > diddlestickkk: gimochi > diddlestickkk: %%%% san power > diddlestickkk: kkong don > diddlestickkk: red > diddlestickkk: zed > diddlestickkk: nim > diddlestickkk: gg > diddlestickkk: gogo > diddlestickkk: be more toxic bb > diddlestickkk: kkabiyo > diddlestickkk: lux nim > diddlestickkk: blue > diddlestickkk: noino > diddlestickkk: meok > diddlestickkk: take it > diddlestickkk: sadljflasdjkflaksdj > diddlestickkk: aoisutasudrfoasifu > diddlestickkk: oo > diddlestickkk: lux > diddlestickkk: udyr dol byeon > diddlestickkk: next blue urs > diddlestickkk: LOL > diddlestickkk: xD > diddlestickkk: cooltime > diddlestickkk: 00 > Post-Game > diddlestickkk: 국산파워 > diddlestickkk: ggezpz As I got a feedback from NA sever team, I used slur(w/e) on here: **> diddlestickkk: that %%%% san > diddlestickkk: name > diddlestickkk: gimochi > diddlestickkk: %%%% san power ** _I HAD TO EXPLAIN SINGLE OF WORDS AND SENTENCES THAT ARE NOT SLANGS_but they literally ignored on my little info for fix their system on PB As I already mentioned that i was in 5 queue with Korean members; we were talking about our own nicknames that are written in Korean pronunciation by using voice + typing ; (some people->include me) had no mic that could communicate with our members. The one of our member's nick name is Gogimandoo and that means "meat dumpling" that is written in Korean pronunciation and we were talking and laughing on each other's nickname in NA &Korean server that we have. diddlestickkk: that %%%% san diddlestickkk: name = That Korean nick name diddlestickkk: gimochi =kimochi (It means Feels good that i written in Korean pronunciation) diddlestickkk: %%%% san power = It means Korean Power Please give us few freedom to each others to chat in korean pronnciation since it give us a big sense of nostalgia who was graduated in NA.
> [{quoted}](name=Mother Sorakaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8PALdJT0,comment-id=000b00000000,timestamp=2019-03-29T02:06:40.552+0000) > > As I got a feedback from NA sever team, > I used slur(w/e) on here: > **> diddlestickkk: that %%%% san > > > _I HAD TO EXPLAIN SINGLE OF WORDS AND SENTENCES THAT ARE NOT SLANGS_but they literally ignored on my little info for fix their system on PB > > As I already mentioned that i was in 5 queue with Korean members; > we were talking about our own nicknames that are written in Korean pronunciation by using voice + typing ; (some people->include me) had no mic that could communicate with our members. > > The one of our member's nick name is Gogimandoo and that means "meat dumpling" that is written in Korean pronunciation and we were talking and laughing on each other's nickname in NA &Korean server that we have. > > diddlestickkk: that %%%% san > diddlestickkk: name > = That Korean nick name > > diddlestickkk: gimochi > =kimochi (It means Feels good that i written in Korean pronunciation) > > diddlestickkk: %%%% san power > = It means Korean Power > > Please give us few freedom to each others to chat in korean pronnciation since > it give us a big sense of nostalgia who was graduated in NA. lol. I think you're making some mistakes in what you say/don't say to people, but at this point I don't know how to make sense of your case without taking some extra time to read about how Riot handles things on Korea server. I'm curious to hear how it plays out, keep us updated if anything changes.
: yea if you remove the human ego from the equation, people would laugh off criticism, learn from it, and keep playing to win. Unfortunately the ego is inseparable from the human psyche because it was a necessity that aided in our survival in our ancestral environment. Long story short humans in general are a bunch of soft, squishy, whiny fucking babies, until they're lucky enough to have the right life experiences smack it out of them. Even then it's not fully gone. The right choice is to say nothing. You'd think riot would be smart enough to just remove chat from the game, as it does more harm than good, or at least reserve it for high elo, but then they wouldn't have an excuse to rob you of everything you earned so you can buy it back on your new account! :) $$$$$$$
> [{quoted}](name=WarmAndCrispy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jRT9auiF,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-03-28T19:39:07.652+0000) > > Long story short humans in general are a bunch of soft, squishy, whiny fucking babies, until they're lucky enough to have the right life experiences smack it out of them. Even then it's not fully gone. I'm sure this _seems_ reasonable to you, but it's just not supported by the evidence. Belief in this er, "life philosophy" is largely down to upbringing, but in practice it doesn't work in humanity's favor.
: > [{quoted}](name=dnsup,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=wpAvpYXM,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-03-22T01:31:45.285+0000) > (\*Personal definition of "a long game" in LoL: anything beyond 25 minutes, Sounds pretty cut & dry you think late game is less than a half hour. Any veteran can tell you that's when mid game used to be. We came here for a team based strategy game, not a 3rd person reaction test; that's why the game is going downhill, drastically shifted game design philosophy for a system that wasn't made for it.
> [{quoted}](name=ZT Xperimentor,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=wpAvpYXM,comment-id=0007000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-26T20:29:04.250+0000) > > Sounds pretty cut & dry you think late game is less than a half hour. Any veteran can tell you that's when mid game used to be. You say that as if I didn't already know that. What's your point? > We came here for a team based strategy game, not a 3rd person reaction test; I ask again: what's your point? > that's why the game is going downhill, drastically shifted game design philosophy for a system that wasn't made for it. Not at all.
Eedat (NA)
: Holy fuck dude the entire rational in the OP for the change is so you can save screenshots to report people for being toxic in DMs. ***The ENTIRE RATIONAL being discussed.*** It is literally the sole reason he lists for the change. People point out this is pointless because toxic DMs are not punished by riot so therefore his argument is completely moot. People point out the rationale of DMs not being punished. In what fucking world do you think addressing the complete and total rationale of the post being discussed is nOt ReLeVeNt. I'm being trolled. You absolutely have to be a troll
> [{quoted}](name=Eedat,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tNJ7iYhA,comment-id=0000000000010000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-03-24T01:13:05.166+0000) > > Holy fuck dude the entire rational in the OP for the change is so you can save screenshots to report people for being toxic in DMs. ***The ENTIRE RATIONAL being discussed.*** It is literally the sole reason he lists for the change. People point out this is pointless because toxic DMs are not punished by riot so therefore his argument is completely moot. People point out the rationale of DMs not being punished. > > In what fucking world do you think addressing the complete and total rationale of the post being discussed is nOt ReLeVeNt. > > I'm being trolled. You absolutely have to be a troll Not at all. You need to do what I said: scroll back to the part where that's not even an issue. And btw, be civil.
dnsup (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=SharkAteMyLunch,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EIpeBe7o,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-03-30T18:17:54.718+0000) > > after 'angry' insert a disorder that gets commonly joked around which also starts with the letter 'a' Alcoholics?
> [{quoted}](name=dnsup,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EIpeBe7o,comment-id=000100010001,timestamp=2019-03-30T18:49:43.865+0000) > > Alcoholics? Nvm it's gotta be ANGRY BEAVERS
TheFortex (EUNE)
: telling people to stop thinking they are so smart and know why LoL is dying (Including me)
> [{quoted}](name=TheFortex,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=R4MwZghW,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-30T19:10:02.958+0000) > > telling people to stop thinking they are so smart and know why LoL is dying (Including me) ... ??
: > [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EIpeBe7o,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-30T17:42:50.798+0000) > > Well shit, now I’m incredibly curious what the title was. after 'angry' insert a disorder that gets commonly joked around which also starts with the letter 'a'
> [{quoted}](name=SharkAteMyLunch,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EIpeBe7o,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-03-30T18:17:54.718+0000) > > after 'angry' insert a disorder that gets commonly joked around which also starts with the letter 'a' Alcoholics?
: Oh neat, I made it on some random person's collage. There are lines, and sometimes those lines get crossed. Report if you feel a comment crossed a line. Yes, I have seen some of the comments that should probably be removed that are more taunting to the punished player. I also come across some posts that debatably don't need to exist either; on both "sides". Context makes a difference and the mods can't always know what we meant. Example: Someone called me a smartass before and this was my response. >I rather be a smartass than a dumbass. It was removed because they read it as me calling the person a dumbass.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4V9t4ulf,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-29T03:10:50.128+0000) > > It was removed because they read it as me calling the person a dumbass. Sometimes they're overzealous in choosing one interpretation over another. Benign statements about a historical record (i.e., asserting a simple fact, such as "the Social War of 91 BCE resulted from X, Y, and Z," [with the recorded causes of conflict replacing XYZ]) are sometimes removed under the rule against politics.
Show more

dnsup

Level 104 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion