: > [{quoted}](name=Eternal Torment,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ONcNNK6Q,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-01-13T21:28:49.170+0000) > > You aren't reading the date properly > > Pretty sure timezones dont lag across 5 years > [{quoted}](name=Done25,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ONcNNK6Q,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-01-13T21:25:22.962+0000) > > Yea. Unless that's a typo I'm pretty sure it's for the year of 2014. Must be one heck of a time zone lag... oh im just dumb, i recognize it now, iirc when it bans you for a year thats already passed, it for cheating. that or spaghetti code as you said.
Generally Permabans are until year 3001 or something like that.
Krayzie (EUNE)
: I get it but you will get ban hammer here. I posted meme yesterday and it got deleted because it was "disrespecting" towards transgender people, even tho it was obviously sarcastic meme.
> [{quoted}](name=thot executioner,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dayGd9lV,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-09T12:12:28.263+0000) > > I get it but you will get ban hammer here. I posted meme yesterday and it got deleted because it was "disrespecting" towards transgender people, even tho it was obviously sarcastic meme. At this point on the internet, you've gotta put a /s in your post to make it clear. People post things like that all the time and are dead serious. Really impossible to tell, especially in today's climate.
: Only 12 from each camp? I guess you're not hitting the small ones lol
More like, atleast 12 stacks. Depending on your cooldown, it might not be economical early game to Q every small monster.
: Because HP and AS slows don't exist?
Yes because lowering a Vayne's AS from 2.1 to 1.9 will definetly help when she deals 20% of my max HP in true damage every 3 hits.
SuperHornio (EUNE)
: If you had to remove one ability, which one would it be?
The ability for riot to poorly balance damage.
Krayzie (EUNE)
: OP didn't stated that he doesn't have console so i suggested RDR2. BF4, by far best Battlefield yes, but why in the earth would you pick BF5? They made fun of whole community and dropping in sales af, just let them die finally. On the other hand, i will also look into some of your recommendations beside BF5 :) Cheers
> [{quoted}](name=thot executioner,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=71WATTx6,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-01-02T23:52:00.572+0000) > > OP didn't stated that he doesn't have console so i suggested RDR2. > BF4, by far best Battlefield yes, but why in the earth would you pick BF5? They made fun of whole community and dropping in sales af, just let them die finally. > > On the other hand, i will also look into some of your recommendations beside BF5 :) > > Cheers What do you have against BFV? I mean come on dude. If that's why the game should fail, that's pretty petty tbh. If it's dying, then tell me why the servers are always full? Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's dead.
Krayzie (EUNE)
: Cod BO4 and RDR2
> [{quoted}](name=thot executioner,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=71WATTx6,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-02T23:34:29.322+0000) > > Cod BO4 and RDR2 I mean, I wouldn't be recommending a COD and since they're clearly on a PC, there's no way they can play RDR2 either. Personally, I'd suggest BF:V or even BF4 (yes, it's still active). They've got the multiplayer experience that's nearly endless fun and got me off LoL and OW. Next, i'd recommend picking something up from the steam winter sale. You've got <24 hours left so here's a few recommendations: Sunset Overdrive Total War:War Hammer II Far Cry 5 Borderlands: Handsome Jack Collection / BL1 (Handsome jack collection gives all DLC for TPS && BL2) Jurassic World Evolution R6: Seige (don't worry too much about the in game currency. With enough grinding, you can get every character. or you can pay the $40 to have most unlocked) Subnautica Just Cause (2, 3, 4) Cities, skylines Gungeon There's so many games and it's fun.
Modi (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=JustDonnyy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YXghAhac,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-31T23:46:50.134+0000) > > I&#x27;ve been reported for telling a flamer that &quot;Everyone has a bad game sometimes&quot;. reported != punished There is a distinct difference between the two.
Doesn't help the fact that they were still *false* reported for something that is *clearly* not breaking rules. Players are using the report button to do their dirty work as opposed to doing something more productive like talking about things and being, well, idk human? Just urks me that systems like these are being abused.
: I hate getting downvote bombed for refusing to agree that everyone who is not 12/0 by 10 is a troll and obviously throwing on purpose. Most of these people have _never_ seen a single troll, int, scripter, ect, yet they think they are in every game.
Just another reason downvotes should be removed. The ability for players to ignore discussion while suffocating those attempting it is not okay for a discussion board. I mean come on, how many controversial opinions have you seen go anywhere? I've yet to see one controversial post be effective at making change or even go anywhere really. People aren't willing to have a discussion anymore. The upvote/downvote buttons don't even have meaning anymore either. Players aren't instructed on what the intended purpose of the function is. Is it for "agree/disagree" or "discussion/spam"? On nearly every platform that has a similar system, it's the latter. Yet people *continue* to use it as the former, even on websites like "Reddit" that have a clearly defined voting policy. It's pretty dumb that this issue is just seemingly getting overlooked while players that are just trying to have a discussion aren't able to do anything because their opinion is not popular.
: {{item:3110}} and {{item:3075}} are generally good picks regardless because most ADCs and characters like Tryndamere only want to do one thing: Maybe use one or two abilities and then right click you to death. Granted, you never really want to ever buy {{item:3110}} and {{item:3075}} together because while it does offer a lump sum of 180 armor it's a self-defeating combo. I would almost argue that if people, and I realize that it's a perfectly reasonable retort to my "Right click" derision and bring up {{champion:236}} {{champion:21}} it'd be easier for Riot to just re-work how Thornmail works. Especially since for whatever reason, upon looking at its stats, it also has Cold Steel from its component Warden's Mail. Anyway, back on topic. If you wanted to defeat Tryndamere and most Enchanter+ADC combos just build something like: {{item:3075}} {{item:3143}} {{item:3047}} as your Anti-Physical core and then build situational items from there if a tank. The key to beating characters like Tryndamere is to not actually dedicate so many resources to them that you cannot handle them later on but to end the game before they can reach the point that they can 1v9 you without you CC'ing them so hard and profoundly that their client freezes until 2998.
In comes the support mage that can 1 shot you because you have no MR
: {{item:3033}} {{item:3123}} {{item:3075}} {{item:3143}} {{item:3110}} for items. {{champion:17}} {{champion:85}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:24}} for champions I can think of. Generally, when fighting Tryndamere you don't want to sit there and face tank him since at 100 Fury he gets something like 35% chance to crit you. With Conqueror's early game that's almost a guaranteed kill if he _really has that thirst_. So your objective should almost always be forcing a decision from him as to whether or not he's going to commit and possibly die pre-6 when you're ahead, or use that Fury to heal. Be warned that even if he doesn't slow you with W he can still reduce your AD ( Which isn't that much of a detriment to AP champions top lane but you know, it is what it is ) making trades easier for him. He's a hard scaling champion but {{champion:11}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:10}} all out-scale him in the worst kind of ways.
The problem is, if you're building *specifically* to counter tryndamere, your team is at a massive disadvantage.
Edènœ (NA)
: Evaluate how this is toxic
Edènœ: guyz team toxic Edènœ: report plz Edènœ: thank you Edènœ: wont let me have fun Edènœ: isnt the point of the game to have fun Edènœ: for? Edènœ: proof? Edènœ: i mean we have 1/9 adc Edènœ: and u wnat to report me Edènœ: lol Edènœ: 1/10 * Edènœ: im farming Edènœ: stop toxic to me Edènœ: reported Edènœ: u said that 30 mins ago ezreal Edènœ: and yet im doing better than you What I'm failing to understand is how you see the second one but not the first one. You're clearly using stats against players in game to harass them about their performance. This isn't very cash money of you.
Kadexe (NA)
: What's the difference between having 20% armor penetration, and dealing 20% true damage with my attacks?
With 20% armor penetration, you're just ignoring 20% of the enemy's armor with AD. With 20% true damage, 20% of your attack applies directly to health while the rest is reduced by resistance. (Presumably) Basically, here's some maths: Armor Penetration: Basic Attack deals 100 damage to a target with no armor. A target with 100 armor ignores 50% of damage so the basic attack deals 50 damage. If the attacker penetrates 20% of armor, the armor goes to 80 and the resistance goes down to 45%. The damage delt goes up by 10 to 60. True damage: Basic attack deals 100 damage to a target with no armor. A target with 100 armor ignores 50% of basic attack physical damage, but since 20 damage is TD, that value (iirc resistance isn't applied to the total damage but the physical only) goes to 80. So 20 damage is done via TD and then resistance for physical damage means instead of 80, it does 40 for combined 60 damage (as opposed to the armor applying to the value of 100 and making the damage 70). While this specific has no difference in damage, there's likely a few situations where the values are different. If I've done the math/order of operations correctly then there shouldn't be a damage change. But I'm unsure, so there likely would be a difference of ~5% or so in favor of true damage.
Xidphel (NA)
: Who are you talking to?
> [{quoted}](name=Xidphel,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=6AdJxkEM,comment-id=000f0000,timestamp=2018-12-29T23:48:55.734+0000) > > Who are you talking to? They're doing "Chronological order" instead of normal Discussion view.
: This game is trash (because of player behavior)
Yeah you deserved this. If you even want *any* discussion on this, please use the "Discussion view" instead of chronological. It's default and prevents you from responding to your own thread and confusing everyone. Please, take a break and think.
: The Boards have been here since the beginning, and i feel like this toxicity has been prevalent only in the later years after the update from the old forums to the new overlay. It's weird how new things always attract kids. But maybe it's because it happened around at the same time when League became more popular. I'm also mostly referring to the stuff on the Boards like reasonable arguments. Not EVERYONE is a raging r%%%%% here you know.
> [{quoted}](name=LightTrack,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3dGpXRyE,comment-id=00240001,timestamp=2018-12-29T13:44:25.147+0000) > > The Boards have been here since the beginning, and i feel like this toxicity has been prevalent only in the later years after the update from the old forums to the new overlay. > > It&#x27;s weird how new things always attract kids. But maybe it&#x27;s because it happened around at the same time when League became more popular. > > I&#x27;m also mostly referring to the stuff on the Boards like reasonable arguments. Not EVERYONE is a raging r%%%%% here you know. What I don't get is why, if players are gonna sit here and act like children and hide being their screens while being complete assholes to eachother, then the boards should actively try and prevent that. From players being downvoted (and effectively hidden) for *literally* no reason to some pllayers throwing temper tantrums over getting killed by a champion they let get 20 kills by 30 minutes into the game. It's ridiculous and the systems put into place aren't helping this. Why are players coming onto the boards to "protest" a ban yet 90% of them start with "I know what I did was wrong but..." then proceed to post chat logs where they were *clearly* in the wrong only to get mad and act like what they did wasn't worse than what player X did in one of their other games. It's completely blowing my mind how the boards are acting because they're being *children*. Riot isn't going to respond to children, especially ones that are upset. Almost every guide will clearly tell you to ignore customers that portray their problem as the only thing going on. There's no reason to engage with those people where they won't listen to what you have to say. Especially if they try to persecute you if what you say is wrong. Rioters are people too, and when the boards is upset, they throw that out the window and drive halfway around the world.
BeQuiet (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=doiminat0r3600,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3dGpXRyE,comment-id=0024,timestamp=2018-12-29T04:01:37.909+0000) > > I mean... It is winter vacation. Large amounts of people are not working between christmas and shortly after new years. > > That explains short term. > > Long term is a bit more complex. Would you rather engage in conversation with players who are willingly complaining about a product that you provided for free that have become so passionate about it that if they don&#x27;t like your response, you will be hated in your own community? I mean come on. We&#x27;ve seen it with Moderation on the boards. If people don&#x27;t like/agree with what mods have to say, they get harassed and ultimately have their *independent thoughts* suffocated because the community didn&#x27;t like it. > > Would you like them to never talk to us? Because when players are doing nothing but asking for devs to be fired and asking for community managers to be laid off for not doing what they want, that&#x27;s when they&#x27;ll never listen to us. > > ----- > > Gameplay+ is the closest thing we have to actual discussion and players are *ignoring* it. Gameplay+ naturally, by design, removes strong emotions and only allows factual evidence and quality posts. When every post in &quot;Gameplay&quot; is just &quot;RITO WHY IS DAMAGE HIGH,&quot; no dev, in their right mind, would respond to that. That&#x27;s just dumb and bad business. Directly address the mob outside your house when people are mad at you and you might *begin* to understand why it&#x27;s a bad idea. > > ___ > > The boards are dumb and don&#x27;t understand how people work. Plain and simple. Most of the people here act like they&#x27;re 10 years old and they&#x27;ve never been to school. Between lack of clarity in posts all the way to *asking to be un-banned because what they did wasn&#x27;t ~that~ bad*. Like, what!?!?! No. They&#x27;re not going to listen or even engage in rage posts. Only quality discussion should be allowed here and anything but is just spam in my eyes. > > Go ahead, downvote me. I don&#x27;t care. You all know it&#x27;s true. This is how this community acts. Players think the developers *owe* them for whatever reason and now, all we&#x27;ve got is a complete mess where devs have stopped engaging because players stopped thinking for themselves. Everyone is just liking things they agree with and smothering things they don&#x27;t and discussion is *impossible* outside of specific sub-forums. Just wanted to say, "free" isn't an excuse
> [{quoted}](name=BeQuiet,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3dGpXRyE,comment-id=00240000,timestamp=2018-12-29T05:53:30.969+0000) > > Just wanted to say, &quot;free&quot; isn&#x27;t an excuse I never said it was. I literally said that because you got it for free, you shouldn't act like you just wasted $60-120 on a game just to play it. They played it. They decided they liked it. If they don't, they can move to another game and maybe come back. But if they're going to act like there's a massive hole in their pocket because the game isn't how they wanted, that's just dumb consumerism.
: This is most definitely gonna be downvoted but 95% of the boards is just people bitching about things without explaining how to make it better. Personally i dont blame them for not responding.
> [{quoted}](name=Debonair Warwick,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3dGpXRyE,comment-id=0023,timestamp=2018-12-29T03:59:57.272+0000) > > This is most definitely gonna be downvoted but 95% of the boards is just people bitching about things without explaining how to make it better. Personally i dont blame them for not responding. Honestly, how can devs sit there and actually engage, or even acknowledge the mob outside their door? They're effectively pulling one of [these](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dduXQu8sY8w&t=0s)
: Pretty shocking to see Riot not even talking to us anymore.
I mean... It is winter vacation. Large amounts of people are not working between christmas and shortly after new years. That explains short term. Long term is a bit more complex. Would you rather engage in conversation with players who are willingly complaining about a product that you provided for free that have become so passionate about it that if they don't like your response, you will be hated in your own community? I mean come on. We've seen it with Moderation on the boards. If people don't like/agree with what mods have to say, they get harassed and ultimately have their *independent thoughts* suffocated because the community didn't like it. Would you like them to never talk to us? Because when players are doing nothing but asking for devs to be fired and asking for community managers to be laid off for not doing what they want, that's when they'll never listen to us. ----- Gameplay+ is the closest thing we have to actual discussion and players are *ignoring* it. Gameplay+ naturally, by design, removes strong emotions and only allows factual evidence and quality posts. When every post in "Gameplay" is just "RITO WHY IS DAMAGE HIGH," no dev, in their right mind, would respond to that. That's just dumb and bad business. Directly address the mob outside your house when people are mad at you and you might *begin* to understand why it's a bad idea. ___ The boards are dumb and don't understand how people work. Plain and simple. Most of the people here act like they're 10 years old and they've never been to school. Between lack of clarity in posts all the way to *asking to be un-banned because what they did wasn't ~that~ bad*. Like, what!?!?! No. They're not going to listen or even engage in rage posts. Only quality discussion should be allowed here and anything but is just spam in my eyes. Go ahead, downvote me. I don't care. You all know it's true. This is how this community acts. Players think the developers *owe* them for whatever reason and now, all we've got is a complete mess where devs have stopped engaging because players stopped thinking for themselves. Everyone is just liking things they agree with and smothering things they don't and discussion is *impossible* outside of specific sub-forums.
: Riot. Seriously. Bring back the crit meta. I mean sure, any ranged champion with a good laning phase could become an ADC at that time but they're AD CARRIES. They do SUSTAINED DAMAGE. Stop trying to make the game all about burst. What was the last sustained damage champion we had, huh? Kai'sa's passive slowly becomes burst. {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} At least revert Rageblade if you're going to do this. I mean atleast for once I can play Caitlyn like a sniper with these changes but oh god Draven.
I'd rather not have my damage depend on a complete RNG of crit.
Rioter Comments
: Riot Please Fix You Mistakes
>Asks riot to fix mistakes . >Makes mistake in title and tells player to kill themselves. okok
: I think by and large the lore/graphic design feedback is very positive. The gameplay side of it though needs an overhaul.
I mean, the lore and art design are fantastic. Have you seen some of the older cinematics? Even "Get Jinxed" music video was completely amazing. Too bad the feeling of watching a cinematic doesn't correlate to gameplay.
: y boards so toxic + negative
You can't expect a feedback board to be positive. When someone notices something about the game, 9/10, it's negative. You shouldn't have to praise positive game design in the world's most popular game either.
Neriticc (EUW)
: Rito Community in a nutshell.
Difference: Electrocute and DH get activated 4x over before Conqueror deals damage once.
: Would you be opposed to a rule only allowing civil discussions?
I think this could have potential to work. I mean, when you come on the boards to have a discussion or to rant or even to just participate, the last thing you want is just to be told your opinion sucks or that you suck or are bad at the game. 99% of the time these statements are around they don't promote discussion. However, I do think the rule could be abused by moderation. The statement "Be mindful of how you present your point of view" is very hard for some users. I, for one, am generally unaware of how my tone comes across, *especially* over text. While the text can say "I think you should practice a bit more" and I can mean it in the nicest possible way, if the reader sees it and is in a bad mood, they might take it as "You're bad and you should feel bad." This is an extreme example of course, but I feel like that kind of thing can potentially go wrong, especially when most of the posts are as passionate as they are on the boards. I feel like it could work if this is kept in mind. Maybe enforce it as "beyond a reasonable doubt" kind of situation where it's blatantly obvious they're not trying to have a discussion or they're just trying to be mean. ___ The Overwatch forums did this kind of thing. It was extremely annoying as their policy banned/suspended users for minor things (like cursing or being to aggressive with your word choice). I, for one, got banned from that forum for using acronyms and saying that someone shouldn't be a dick as well as posting my thoughts about the Mercy skin that was $15. It was not a good place to have any discussion with passion and that's something we should try to avoid here.
: anyone rememeber when thunderlords was a problem because damage creep
People didn't say it was a problem *because* damage creep but rather because it allowed effectively free damage up to some values of over 300 at level 18. It's basically an ignite ability on a lower cooldown and didn't take up a SS slot.
Dr Dog (NA)
: Unpopular opinion: i dont really like blitz
Few things I don't like about NB: 1. Prizes are pretty random. 2. Whomever does the last hit on the roaming champion gets the bonus. You can do 90% of the damage and not get the free GA or whatever other benefit it gives. 3. Roaming champions spawn randomly and roam randomly. The amount of times I've had it spawn and continue to roam through the enemy side of the map (including their base) is too high. The last 3-5 times I've seen a wandering teemo/veigar has largely been close to the enemy's T1 tower. 4. Killing people right before events happen gives a bigger advantage to the slayer's team than necessary. Now, you're extremely likely to lose the event because you are down atleast 1 player. Overall it's a good mode, but it definitely has room for improvement
: It's a reset button. It's a "I am out of place, and I F***ed up real bad... oh well." The concept of it is stupid. It's not exactly broken or OP, just stupid. It's WHY he is my secondary mid choice.
But if he was out of position at one point, he's going to be out of position again (given more HP) based off where his shadow was. There's not many exceptions to this.
: I said stupid, not unable to be countered :p
How can it be stupid if it's incredibly telecast? You're complaining about how it still didn't change so there's reason to believe that you're opinion is that it's broken either via damage or something else. Unless you're saying it's stupid *because* it's so predictable.
Napoleon3 (EUNE)
: i fell like league isnt a serious game any more.
Honestly I'm pretty okay with it being less serious. It's a video game and when you're constantly being screamed at for not doing the meta or messing up a play, you're not having fun and you're no longer playing a fun game.
: Ekko's R is still stupid. People gave up on trying to get it to change, not believe it's anything other than ridiculous.
Yet Ekko's R is completely predictable. Just watch the backup and his HP. Boom, counter.
: "That person that you just told to kill themselves? Simulation. You wouldn't tell someone to kill themselves on the street or in your school or in your workplace right?" Lmao you obviously never went to school.
What??? You'd be fired if you told someone to kill themselves at work. You'd get diciplinary action if you did it at school. I'm not sure what school you went to, but it's clearly not a good one lmao.
Ozzburne (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=doiminat0r3600,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hpuKLI8G,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2018-12-21T01:41:15.053+0000) > > Just because they were released a long time ago doesn&#x27;t mean they&#x27;re not FOTM. > > FOTM means they are a popular pick because of changes, regardless of how small. She was dominant in the meta for a long long time and thus was FOTM. The rework was 7 months ago is what i literally said.
Are you reading what I said??? >Just because they were released a long time ago doesn't mean they're not FOTM.
: > [{quoted}](name=mlm olo mlm,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Lq1njaEW,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-21T05:22:28.646+0000) > > I would love to see more arguments for downvotes. Anyone care to bring some up? Just going to leave this here: > Downvoted are for: > unconstrictive comments. > comments that are toxic > Incoherent blather > factually wrong statements > Uselessly off-topic comments > Downvotes are not used for disagreement.why? Becuase: > it ruins discussion > it can unjustly make someone feel unwelcome > it can bring good posts down > it promotes "hive mind" mentality (you can see this firsthand on this board actually) > I mean, why do you think gameplay+ removed downvotes!? > Downvoting just for disagreement does more harm than good. Its like people forget downvotes effectively bring a comment down or make it "thresh hold". How the fuck does a person deserve that just because you simply disagree with him?? > This thread should help: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/36m9ks/why_is_the_downvote_button_not_the_equivalent_of/#ampf=undefined > Its like you guys trashed the intended use of Downvotes just because you can't handle someone having different opinions. > Downvotes are not meant for disagreement,period. > Also: > its common sense. why would downvotes be for disagreement when it litteraly moves comments/posts down while possibly making it "thresh hold". You really think someone deserves that just because they posted an opinion you don't like? > This is a forum that's meant for discussion. And everyone downvoting because of disagreement completely counteracts that. > Here's people opinions: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/WLKecAF9-why-are-downvotes-disabled-in-gameplay > Let me give you some quotes: > Glaedr (NA) - 4 months ago > You can explain why you despise something rather than doing a quick zero effort downvote. Mass downvotes completely shut down discussion because the comment gets hidden and pushed down, so why should honest discussion have that? > DerMangoJoghurt (EUW) - 4 months ago > But that's not what downvotes are meant to do, even though most people use them that way. > Showing disagreement without any explanation as to why you feel that way doesn't help anyone. Discussions require constructive feedback. Sure, Zoe is controversial at best, but what do you think will actually help to resolve her issues? A mountain of contextless downvotes or comments explaining why it feels frustrating to play against her? > Chermorg (NA) - 4 months ago > No, in fact, that's the exact reason they're disabled. Voting is not " I agree with this ", voting should be used to show you think a post is well written (or not). Unfortunately, having downvotes enabled on G+ would hinder that use of voting as people would dislike a well written and logical idea just because they personally don't like it. > If you don't think a comment needs boosted, simply don't upvote it > There is a reason downvotes aren't allowed in gameplay+: Downvoting has been disabled Due to the thread review process, downvotes will be disabled. Downvotes are, arguably, intended to filter out content that doesn't foster meaningful discussion; however, the approval process will serve this purpose instead, removing the need for downvotes. > This forum is meant for discussion. Downvoting for disagreement is detrimental to that. ^ This is my view on downvotes. To summarise: downvotes solely for disagreement is detrimental in a discussion board. You should not downvote just for disagreement.
This is partially my point. I feel like if we had bonified structure to the system, we would not be having as many issues with downvoting as we are.
rujitra (NA)
: To be fair... being toxic on stream is not necessarily bad. I consider that similar to someone enjoying comedians who base portions of their shows on jokes that are racist and sometimes downright hateful. It's not real life. It's intended to be entertaining, and sometimes I want to watch someone rage and laugh at them. At the risk of this being deemed boards inappropriate, it's the same as the difference between porn and real life. Kids need to know that is not how real life operates in *that* department. Similarly, kids should know that raging on stream (not in game, but vocally/in stream chat) isn't how the game is played, it's on the stream for entertainment.
I think of it as a respected politician breaking the law. Except they record themselves doing it and don't get punished.
rujitra (NA)
: Oh, trust me, I understand this fully. But **why**? Is it a failure on parents to teach their children how the world works? Is it a regression of humanity's genetic dispositions of empathy to those of a less civilized time? Is it a sign of the degeneration of the mental capability of humanity to understand that humans exist behind the screen?
It the failure of society for making them think this is acceptable. People literally swat others over losing a video game with no punishment most of the time. One time, someone was *killed* because of a swatting incident over CS:GO. Other people have been busted for petty crime like weed or something because they got swatted. Then we have streamers who false report people and put it on youtube. Then we have players that are held in the spotlight like Tyler1 and Ninja that consistently are toxic on stream yet get put on stage infront of the world. (If you're wondering about Ninja, he claimed he would report a player directly to EPIC to get them banned for "stream sniping" something which the player clearly wasn't doing)
rujitra (NA)
: i just dont get how a screen somehow means theyre not human. is it different if its facetime where you can see the other person? or on voice comms when you can hear them? theyre always a human like wtf.
Putting people behind a screen allows users to disconnect themselves from reality. They're no longer playing with other humans but rather they're playing with computer simulations of humans. That person that you just told to kill themselves? Simulation. You wouldn't tell someone to kill themselves on the street or in your school or in your workplace right? The screen allows people to get disconnected. They're no longer in reality, but in a computer game. That's why you see them frequently spamming things and doing other BS things to people over the internet.
: So how is Riot reducing TTK
Wait... So they're lying about reducing time to kill??? *Reducing*... As in making shorter??? How can it be shorter??? What??? You get one shot anyway.
: If my thread is not breaking the rules, if my thread is thoughtful, it does not deserve to be downvoted. So I ask again, In which way did my thread break the universal boards rules? In which way is my thread not thoughtful?
Downvote =/= breaking universal rules. Being removed = breaking universal rules.
: Hey moderators, mind doing something nice?
Yeah, you're not being downvote manipulated. Considering how many people hit "No" on your survey, I'd say that people just disagree. While I'm not for downvoting things I disagree with, I don't think your argument is very strong and is largely based off personal opinion and experience, something nobody else can sympathize with if you're asking for something that can easily be manipulated to ruin games. It's a no from me chief (still not downvoting you though)
Rioter Comments
: Akali
Queue the akali mains coming in saying she is trash.
Ozzburne (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=doiminat0r3600,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hpuKLI8G,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-18T00:08:21.076+0000) > > This is incredibly biased view at balance that does nothing for discussion. > > You added on &quot;Down vote&quot; at the end which really seems like you&#x27;re just trying to be hostile. > > In an attempt to try and not derail this topic: I believe Akali is still pretty broken. She has too much sustain and too much self peel in order to get away/engage fights. Her cooldowns are too low and she&#x27;s able to spam abilities like it&#x27;s nobody&#x27;s business that keep her alive and allow her to spam more abilities. > > Akali&#x27;s winrate is only low because she was FOTM and lots of people who don&#x27;t know when to pick her or how to play her have picked her up. These people have lowered her winrate but she&#x27;s far from trash. FOTM? She was released like 7 months ago dude. Yeah KDA came out and got a lot of people playing her but her win rate has been garbage way before that. People just dont want to bother to learn how to play around her mechanics, which is doable. They should have just removed the stealth under turrets I guess, but all this is going to do is make her objectively the worse champion in the game. Just revert her if you are going to give up that hard, riot.
Just because they were released a long time ago doesn't mean they're not FOTM. FOTM means they are a popular pick because of changes, regardless of how small. She was dominant in the meta for a long long time and thus was FOTM.
: Yeah, they do exist. The system isn’t perfect. When there are mistakes they do correct them.
: As long as the person who got reported did not display any type of negativity (such as whining, begging to FF, berating other players, etc) that report will be tossed out as garbage. Only validated reports do anything.
Not exactly. Cases exist where false positives occur. They're all over the forums and a forum moderator confirmed the existence of these cases. Sure, they get fixed but the fact they happened at all because of false reports is the issue here.
: its impossible to tank magic damage anymore. MR tank items are fucking garbage
At this point, damage just needs to go back a huge notch. Tanks should be able to absorb lots of damage and damage dealers shouldn't be able to take lots of it. It shouldn't be where a mage that's 2 kills behind can kill a 3000 HP tank that has 180 MR in 3 spells. It's ridiculous. Penetration + defensive items need a rework.
: After finally playing some ADC I have come to the conclusion
Even if you do get locked into it, there's plenty of choices for supporting. You can pick literally anyone with CC/healing/shielding. Max that ability first and boom, instant support. Even Fiddlesticks can be a support if you play him correctly. Support is not an unfun role. You just have to make the right picks and keeping the team alive should be it's own reward.
: Sorry bruw, protest and freedom of speech are core features of western culture. Progress demands criticism. Don't like it? Move.
Progress demands criticism but you didn't give any. All you said was basically 'game bad, other game good' and nothing else. This is my critique of your critique.
: Completely true.
Mods have stated in this very topic that it's happened before.
Show more

doiminat0r3600

Level 34 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion