TheCrazyBoy (EUNE)
: Dota 2 doesn't make stats public =)) , sadly is it true ,and players have more fun , having an unknown oponnent , but when you play league of legends , is totally fair to watch your oponnent match history and see his performance in previous games ,how many games he played today and everything ??. Tell me you as experienced player , can't use such informations to increase your chances of win , therefore if not everyone use op.gg to check stats or any other third party site to acces those informations will have decreased chances of win ! , if you are main and play some champions very good , your oponnent will know and will try to stomp all your advantage , by not giving you kills ,getting much more often ganked etc... , team fights getting focused , so your chances to win drop high ! Now play dota 2 and tell me that dota 2 players wouldn't be benefit same advantages if them stats would be public shared by Valve corporation to third party sites ? ... But valve doesn't do that , because they value competivity side , and you must work to understand your oponnent every game ! , this is the perfect reason why back in season 1/2/3/4/5 ranked games were higher quality and much more fair and fun !. Now tell me a reason why things shouldn't be changed , not everyone acces op.gg ! ,but who does gain unfair play advantage ! , i can exploit so many informations if i step to do it , but then where is the fun ??? , if i stomp my enemys with my gameplay and all that information , i want to play fair games ,fair play = fair games.
dotabuff stats are very much public in fact in more depth than op.gg really
: > [{quoted}](name=Quiet Dude,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eByfFLKF,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2020-02-21T17:53:39.648+0000) > > {{champion:875}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:350}} {{champion:517}} > > Are these not simple or interesting enough for you? Did {{champion:523}} hurt you or something? First off Panth rework was a failure. Yuumi is a horrible design along with sylas and both have been nerfed and buffed into and out of oblivion. Sett is just a bad design because of no mana pool like riven and aatrox and every other non resource based champion. Aphelios is cancer because his design isnt what the devs intended. Oh yeah just like vayne.
Lmao the pantheon rework was not a failure on a design standpoint. It was a resounding success. Numbers, maybe, but you're complaining about designs, and his is great. Retained the essence of his past design while updating it and making it much more skill expressive. Sett's design is also straightforward, and while you may not like non-resource champs, to say his design outside of that is not simple-yet-skillfull is to be dishonest. You are making arguments based on balancing for their designs for Yuumi and Sylas. I will cede that perhaps Yuumi's design is a flawed one, but to justify a bashing of Sylas's design on the basis of his balancing is a false-equivalency.
: Change isn't always good
If you don't like change then league has never and will likely never be for you the whole point is it is in a state of total flux and you can never please anyone so the way riot goes about things is to mix it up to please different people at different times now i disagree with how they do things plenty they ruin certain champs for no reason they make dumb changes all the time they remove items for no reason they neglect every alternate game mode outside of aram they ignore pve and events and they ignore their client issues and refuse to optimize the experience to even match their competetors in dota
: Everything about Soraka top is the most efficient definition of why Top lane is horrible
Honestly the idea soraka needs a nerf is hilariously misguided. Soraka was unchanged and yet suddenly she's top tier in top lane? Yea must be her huh no it's the most blatant example of why the role is fucked right now when adc's were irrelevant and mages/juggs took over bot lane riot payed attention and changed shit and top is having the same issue rn and soraka's the one getting nerfed instead of the roots of the problem getting fixed
: Right, if Fiora was “balanced” because her counters kept her winrate in line, thane that means her kit was never balanced in the first place.
If no one had any sort of cc master yi would be op. If no one had damage based on health or any built in pen or true damage tanks would rule the world. Counters make things balanced. That's how any game with a plethora of designs works.
rujitra (NA)
: You know, this is actually a great analogy. You going into a michelin starred restaurant and telling them the food is shit simply because you don't like filet mignon or caviar or whatever it is **does not mean that it is bad**. Likewise, you saying the client is shit when it works for millions of players a day and only a small percent of a small percent have problems with it doesn't mean it's shit. Nothing works perfectly for everyone - not even restaurants. If you go somewhere expecting perfection for you yourself, instead of *the best possible for the most possible* then that's on you - not the restaurant.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3ENrxGqj,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2020-01-11T16:46:08.914+0000) > > You know, this is actually a great analogy. > > You going into a michelin starred restaurant and telling them the food is shit simply because you don't like filet mignon or caviar or whatever it is **does not mean that it is bad**. > > Likewise, you saying the client is shit when it works for millions of players a day and only a small percent of a small percent have problems with it doesn't mean it's shit. Nothing works perfectly for everyone - not even restaurants. If you go somewhere expecting perfection for you yourself, instead of *the best possible for the most possible* then that's on you - not the restaurant. SIgh some people really don't understand consumer-creator relationships so as a consumer if i come into a restaurant, and find a roach in my food, should i go, "Well they have plenty of people who like the food so this is fine and I shouldn't complain because I'm just one person"? No. That's ridiculous and it's unacceptable for someone to receive that kind of service. That is on the restaurant full stop. Your critiques can only be based on your own experience, and while I do think that having realistic expectations is important, which I understand is what you may be trying to come across with, the litany of glitches people have with the client are not simple optimization issues, they are roaches in the food. Minor speed issues and having to double click instead of single click or having to wait a bit at the end are minor inconveniences yes, but glitches and _massive_ slowdowns are the kind of things that one can't simply ignore. Also, Riot's client is not the equivalent of a Michelin star restaurant. Try the Dota Client out. It's far smoother and even loads games while in hero selection. That's the Michelin star client.
: Christmas is only special to Christians, btw. What an entitled life you live.
Tbh it's more of a cultural holiday. Very few people relative to the total population even celebrate it for its christian significance. It's about cherishing family and coming together to give to each other. That is the spirit of the holiday, and of course people who don't know/celebrate the meaning of it won't reflect on that during the holiday, but to say it only matters to Christians is a bit misguided.
: > [{quoted}](name=dolce de leche,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IhvUJ9Ky,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-20T15:33:19.760+0000) > > Same place you are getting your rare request from. > From anecdotal evidence of being in the community for a long time. > And Riot I would hope not only looks at what a player wants but what they actually think would be best for their game and can think on their own. I see no reason other than "people don't want it enough" not to implement it. It is an option that hurts no one and is purely a benefit to the experiences of someone who would want it. I'm sure riot does look at what they think is best for the game which is why announcer packs are so low on their priority. There is an opportunity cost for everything they do.
> [{quoted}](name=haaaaaaalp,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IhvUJ9Ky,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-20T15:40:01.712+0000) > > I'm sure riot does look at what they think is best for the game which is why announcer packs are so low on their priority. There is an opportunity cost for everything they do. Well right there you are wrong because they in fact have started to acknowledge the demand. One of their higher-ups has been tweeting about it lately. But since I am talking in a more general sense, I find this argument a bit troubling. Indeed resources are limited but there are departmental divisions for a reason. Changes happening in balancing doesn't mean you don't have resources for new skins. There is certainly a limit to it, but in smaller cases such as this I think it isn't much of a justification for what would essentially be a quick investment into bringing back voice actors 1 time each for essentially indefinite roi.
zPity (NA)
: Don't worry, Riot will prioritize all the features you want and make sure that they are all free. They don't need any money. They do this all for you. Get out of here. Do you think they make these decisions irrationally? You don't think there is a board of people, focus groups, etc. that weigh the cost/benefit of these decisions? Yes, the client is running poorly right now (part of the problem is the majority of staff are off for the holiday (I know that shouldn't be allowed)). I get it, entitlement is contagious and an extremely hard condition to get rid of, but you're just flat out wrong. They can pick the direction they want to go in, you either give feedback and go with it, or play another game. It's so simple, Riot doesn't owe you anything, period.
> [{quoted}](name=zPity,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eEiRLuYy,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-20T15:44:18.682+0000) > > Don't worry, Riot will prioritize all the features you want and make sure that they are all free. They don't need any money. They do this all for you. > > Get out of here. Do you think they make these decisions irrationally? You don't think there is a board of people, focus groups, etc. that weigh the cost/benefit of these decisions? > > Yes, the client is running poorly right now (part of the problem is the majority of staff are off for the holiday (I know that shouldn't be allowed)). > > I get it, entitlement is contagious and an extremely hard condition to get rid of, but you're just flat out wrong. They can pick the direction they want to go in, you either give feedback and go with it, or play another game. It's so simple, Riot doesn't owe you anything, period. Is any of this a reason as to why Riot _should_ remove these things for the quality of the game? Everyone knows and has the common sense, or at least I'd like to think they do, that Riot is motivated by money and they make these choices with that in mind. Not everyone, however, would like to have their games/movies/books/entertainment or anything for that matter made by soulless machines whose only motivation is to make the most money possible. I will never get this defense where people act like greed is good. Riot has more than enough resources to implement changes that they as _developers and artists_ may see fit, whether it is profitable or not. And the idea that a good game makes money, or that a good product with customer friendly practices makes money regardless of an immediate profit is how companies like Amazon got where they are today.
: > [{quoted}](name=dolce de leche,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IhvUJ9Ky,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-20T14:53:35.014+0000) > > And where are you getting this lack of demand from? I mean from the dedicated fanbase who's chosen to use their voice it's been quite a regular and unanimously agreed upon request. The idea that it only appeals to a small handful is quite the assumption. Not to mention that if you want to play to only the most common denominator then you don't want creators with actual artistic integrity about the game they make, and simply want them to view it as a product to be shipped out to the masses. Which I mean you might want that, but I don't think most people would agree with you on that one. Where are you getting the "unanimously agreed upon" from? It is rare request even among the dedicated fanbase and gets very underwhelming support when it is brought up. I can see it is something you specifically want but riot has to look at more than just you when making decisions.
> [{quoted}](name=haaaaaaalp,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IhvUJ9Ky,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-20T15:11:05.567+0000) > > Where are you getting the "unanimously agreed upon" from? It is rare request even among the dedicated fanbase and gets very underwhelming support when it is brought up. I can see it is something you specifically want but riot has to look at more than just you when making decisions. Same place you are getting your rare request from. From anecdotal evidence of being in the community for a long time. And Riot I would hope not only looks at what a player wants but what they actually think would be best for their game and can think on their own. I see no reason other than "people don't want it enough" not to implement it. It is an option that hurts no one and is purely a benefit to the experiences of someone who would want it.
: > [{quoted}](name=dolce de leche,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IhvUJ9Ky,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-20T14:42:12.042+0000) > > Not wanting to copy another moba is not an excuse to not pick up clearly customer-positive practices that your playerbase has been actively pining for for years. These mobas did not die because they had announcer packs. They died because they were not as fun to play. A lack of demand, however, is a perfectly good reason not to pursue it. It is very low on the list of requested features and only appeals to a small handful of players.
> [{quoted}](name=haaaaaaalp,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IhvUJ9Ky,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-20T14:44:16.449+0000) > > A lack of demand, however, is a perfectly good reason not to pursue it. It is very low on the list of requested features and only appeals to a small handful of players. And where are you getting this lack of demand from? I mean from the dedicated fanbase who's chosen to use their voice it's been quite a regular and unanimously agreed upon request. The idea that it only appeals to a small handful is quite the assumption. Not to mention that if you want to play to only the most common denominator then you don't want creators with actual artistic integrity about the game they make, and simply want them to view it as a product to be shipped out to the masses. Which I mean you might want that, but I don't think most people would agree with you on that one.
: > [{quoted}](name=dolce de leche,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dF6ke8FO,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-11-30T19:42:47.216+0000) > > She has become another yorick, urgot, morde, kalista champ > a champ riot is too scared to make viable or even playable until they rework them > and sadly yuumi is in the kalista camp of being a pro-centric champ, so she's even less playable for the real players than something like og yorick/urgot/morde who were at least playable in soloq Urgot is not remotely bad and neither is Mordekaiser lol.
> [{quoted}](name=Crescent Dusk,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dF6ke8FO,comment-id=000d0000,timestamp=2019-12-01T01:00:47.237+0000) > > Urgot is not remotely bad and neither is Mordekaiser lol. Was talking about old urgot/morde lol i thought that would be clear y'know before reworks
: > [{quoted}](name=The Stabby Tabby,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IhvUJ9Ky,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-12-20T09:49:45.217+0000) > > Every other popular moba has them. And every other popular moba besides dota had problems staying afloat. Shouldn't be blindly copying every other moba when so many have failed.
> [{quoted}](name=haaaaaaalp,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IhvUJ9Ky,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-20T14:08:11.187+0000) > > And every other popular moba besides dota had problems staying afloat. Shouldn't be blindly copying every other moba when so many have failed. Not wanting to copy another moba is not an excuse to not pick up clearly customer-positive practices that your playerbase has been actively pining for for years. These mobas did not die because they had announcer packs. They died because they were not as fun to play.
: I seriously don't get why HotS has it but League doesn't.
Riot is behind the ball in a lot of aspects tbh. i mean there is absolutely no reason they can't adopt dota's far superior afk system, adopt having an ability draft, announcer packs, and having multiple queue types outside of just ranked/ normals. imo if dota does it so can riot. especially with stuff as easy as this. riot is not wanting for server space let's be real here.
: If you could ban ONE champion from the game...
{{champion:59}} being a jhin spammer back in s7 when jarvan was opop gave me some serious ptsd:(
vimaid (NA)
: How do you fight veigar
As a Veigar support player, the whole point of playing him is that slow but inevitable buildup to dominating the game, and that if you're able to snowball even a little you can push your powerspike far earlier into the midgame. Veigar scales well on both items and his passive, but only really needs one or the other to kill effectively against squishies. When playing against him abuse your advantage over him, and don't let the game last too long. Veigar, like all infinitely stacking champs, and especially those truly built around it({{champion:45}} {{champion:235}} {{champion:75}} especially there is a break point at which they can take over the game even if you were ahead of them. The whole idea is that they give up early game for this break point, but if you can't end the game, then you're on thin ice.
: So I opened a singular Hextech chest and...
I got the exact opposite today lol. 2 bad chests and the best my shop I've ever had(not in rarity per se but in discounts and skins i actually want and would use)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cõmega,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sEHZBUbb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-09T03:24:39.226+0000) > > How are you going to complain about trolls. > When your season 9 champion summary look like this > https://i.imgur.com/bfxBYUh.png[] > > https://i.imgur.com/hHamtmk.png[] > https://i.imgur.com/d6qbnqn.png[] Honestly, theres nothing wrong with playing for fun when autofilled. Because if you play serious when you are, your going to go bald pretty fast.
> [{quoted}](name=LightswornLance,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sEHZBUbb,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-12-09T03:47:07.617+0000) > > Honestly, theres nothing wrong with playing for fun when autofilled. Because if you play serious when you are, your going to go bald pretty fast. Since when was aftershock soraka with smite fun you don't do a damn thing unless inting is fun
: Is Ivern really unlliked or has he just been an awful weak champion
Well for one he is neither an edgy guy nor conventionally attractive female so that cuts down the potential playerbase significantly. He's also unconventional in his playstyle, which again culls his potential market. Lastly, he is a champion who is very interactive with both opponents and teammates, so he's not some cheese champ like shaco where it's hard for the enemy to interact with him(until they get sweepers) or a champ who can just solo-carry like yi. His bushes and camp taking mechanics can be countered easily by competent enemy teams, and you need your allies to have knowledge of ivern's mechanics to get his q and buff giving abilities. Personally, Ivern is not only my favorite but my best jungler, so I am a bit biased, but I think Ivern is largely kept on the weaker side simply because people don't like seeing him much. Right now he's a decent champ who just doesn't fit the meta that well, since he's succeptible to invades, and he hasn't been able to fit into the reliable cc heavy early game jg meta either, and Riot is tentative to pushing him into the meta because he is very unconventional. That same unconventionality, however, is what will always keep him unpopular whether he is strong or not.
: Remember when i said Senna ADC should be nerfed because it will be broken despite what Riot says?
If she is nerfed, which she will be, I think the only functionality change she needs would be making the ult shield conditional. Just reduce the % on the self heal, lower her range to 550/500 whichever works best, and boom she's fine. Her e really isn't all that oppressive in this age of skillshots and aoes, and it has a pretty significant cooldown. Range nerfs and nerfs to her personal survivability are the easiest and best ways to take away from her power, since she is supposed to be more of a supportive champ, healing and shielding allies over herself. And range just helps her identity as a scaling champ be more clear instead of also being a great poke champ in the early game. If she's still problematic just tap her w cd and duration down to a flat 1-2 sec root, and the range to a flat 1k because the numbers are just janky and if she needs to be nerfed that's a way to tweak her power without gutting her after all the changes beforehand.
Mártir (EUW)
: Please... Yuumi is unplayable, she sits ona 39%WR average, for so long.
She has become another yorick, urgot, morde, kalista champ a champ riot is too scared to make viable or even playable until they rework them and sadly yuumi is in the kalista camp of being a pro-centric champ, so she's even less playable for the real players than something like og yorick/urgot/morde who were at least playable in soloq
: I Think the Dragon Soul Buffs Need to be Changed or Removed
The dragon changes, all of them actually, are anti-snowball. Drakes themselves give less than old buffs, and to get to the soul your team or theirs needs to get to 4 this means that you only have to get 1 out of the first 4 to basically make them weaker than they would be if they had gotten 3 before anyway and the timings mean that you have more time to try and get back in the game as long as the ahead team doesn't get all 4 drags at once and if they did, they would have done so even harder than before because old drag buffs were stronger and elder is blatantly anti snowball because it is now pretty much equal to both teams, and if you get it from behind it can change the game like i don't get why people think it's helping snowballs if the enemy team got 4 straight dragons that's not the game helping them snowball you just got smashed
: > [{quoted}](name=dolce de leche,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jOAjQ22g,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-24T06:16:14.059+0000) > > It never will and never really should be. The ideal is semi-imbalance forever shifting in small bits and pieces. No one being unplayable or a big liability, and no one being a free win or a must ban. Champs are simply slightly stronger or slightly worse and that shifts all the time. Sadly this is a near impossible state, and nowhere near to our state. Yes, the game is more unbalanced than it ought to be imo, but balance in itself is not the goal. Minus the fact that certain champions have been on top or near top for over two years now, while large swaths of the playable champions are completely useless unless you are just a sheer god at playing them and you get a good early game. Also yeah, half the time its burst or be bursted, and that's just not really that fun. Abilities have between 4-6 sec. cool downs for almost every champion. If the fight is still going on for an ability to come back up and someone isn't dead, you both fucked up.
> [{quoted}](name=knightmage101,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jOAjQ22g,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-11-25T02:26:18.012+0000) > > Minus the fact that certain champions have been on top or near top for over two years now, while large swaths of the playable champions are completely useless unless you are just a sheer god at playing them and you get a good early game. Also yeah, half the time its burst or be bursted, and that's just not really that fun. Abilities have between 4-6 sec. cool downs for almost every champion. If the fight is still going on for an ability to come back up and someone isn't dead, you both fucked up. I'm not defending the actual state of the game lmao. I never said that our actual state was good. Yea, it's super imbalanced rn and there are unplayable champs. I was talking about the ideal.
: Elder Dragon Unnecessary
People don't want 1 sided stomps and want comeback potential. This is what people have been complaining about for years now. Riot has finally given it.
Rockman (NA)
: What's your favorite Eevee?
: is it just me or is this game not balanced
It never will and never really should be. The ideal is semi-imbalance forever shifting in small bits and pieces. No one being unplayable or a big liability, and no one being a free win or a must ban. Champs are simply slightly stronger or slightly worse and that shifts all the time. Sadly this is a near impossible state, and nowhere near to our state. Yes, the game is more unbalanced than it ought to be imo, but balance in itself is not the goal.
: Games are Still one sided
Btw new dragons and new elder actually help you more in contesting leads. If you can actually force them into an unfavorable dragon fight and get one suddenly you delay the soul even longer till you can eek out a more even game from farming and with elder it no longer snowballs with dragons taken so it's less of a snowball machine. Sure snowballing is still a thing, but let's not act like the preseason changes haven't been going against that.
Neriticc (EUW)
: Who actually thought the Elder Dragon execute is a good idea?
Elder is legit weaker than before for snowballing teams. Y'know. Something people wanted. People have complained over and over that comebacks are impossible, and continue to. In fact, people bitch about new drakes and elder being more snowbally(LOL). Yes, Elder is stronger for teams on the backfoot because it has more equal a value now that it doesn't snowball from drakes themselves and itself. That's a good thing though. If you are ahead at that point in the game, especially if you have the dragon soul, and you lose elder, then yea you kinda deserve to not be fighting for a bit while they have the buff.
Rioter Comments
: Lets fix the new support items for Riot... Starting with the new relic line
Riot has proven ever since removing sightstone and the separate upgrade paths, and especially with turning all quests into just getting wards that they don’t want support to be a unique role with genuinely interesting things to build and do within their support item. All they want it to be is a flex role that people can play when autofilled easily.
: Exhaust Needs a buff in preseason
They should just revert it to pre-4.13 version imo.
Cim (NA)
: My account was hacked, summoner name was changed, and within minutes, was stolen by another user.
You should also note that the person with your old name should be banned for this, as you have solid evidence they were participating in name and account stealing.
: > [{quoted}](name=llDanTheManll,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=g8Hz3bnL,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-14T08:16:58.299+0000) > > It was something for me and all the other Sol mains out there. So like 2 people? {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
> [{quoted}](name=Bropocolypse,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=g8Hz3bnL,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-14T09:16:35.582+0000) > > So like 2 people? {{sticker:sg-lux-2}} Yea and after the rework only 1 player. Riot didn’t help the champs play rate they gutted it even more. Legit 0 reason to implement it and even less reason to keep it.
: The idea that Riot was trying too hard to “enforce a meta” in previous seasons was something A LOT of players complained about in the past not only on the boards but even in Riot polls people never liked this idea. But here we are in 2019 and this idea has literally been the worse single thing to fuck up this game. It’s come to the point where I’m in champ select and I can’t even recognize what I’m going to play/lane against and choose my runes blindly. Honestly looks like they were “enforcing a meta” for the better of this game cause these days this game is an actual dumpster fire when you can’t even recognize what you’re going to play against cause almost every champion is a flex pick now.
A lot of people will complain about everything and anything. If Riot really does make changes because of complaining then that's even worse than if they didn't listen with a community this big. That's the point. Riot shouldn't and hopefully wouldn't just be taking feedback by mass of requests, because those requesting change will be those dissatisfied by it, and those who are satisfied by it will be playing instead of typing in boards.
: Not really, more like they are listening to this community that has been crying for the longest while about wanting to "play anything any where and build whatever they want" Riot literally took that and this is what we have today and this community should be blamed for it not Riot because you sure as hell bet they'll be making more carry oriented "supports" don't be surprised if they decide to make an actual AP carry support in the near future and this is what the community asked for. This community cried for the longest while to play anything any where and have more diversity and I said that was a bad idea and here we are today and the dumb part is Riot actually supports this garbage with their recent "Is it meta" video, they now support AD Ahri carry, AP Leona Top but more importantly they support the support role for actually being able to play things other than tanks and enchanters and want to include AP, Assassins, Marksmans etc. People are complain about Yasuo being broken in three different roles yet they literally asked for a single champion to be played any where with success. A single champion is designed for a single role and should be as so. Top laners don't want ranged champions Mid laners don't want tanks or bruisers. Bottom laners don't want two carries in one lane. Simple as that but this community asked for it and so they shall receive.
"This community" is a massive fractured one, of which only those who are most dissatisfied will actually take excessive amounts of time away from playing the game to post constantly on forums and boards such as this one. This latest urf cycle is a great example. URF comes back, and suddenly everyone is complaining. URF leaves, and suddenly everyone wants it back. That's because it's two entirely separate groups. Yes, some people wanted what you say, but it's impossible to generalize the community so flagrantly while still being consistent.
: A Detailed Thread Explaining the World's Fix Job
This whole salt fest is incredibly disrespectful to G2 and their players. Are you seriously saying they compromised their integrity and took bribes to lose? These players who dedicate their lives to winning at this game, you're saying don't care enough to resist a fixing. That's not only disrespectful but it shows a sincere lack of understanding of the mentality of pro athletes.
KABLUMP (NA)
: Would you consider gangplank a 'ranged top laner'
People like to act like he's ranged, but if you play gp you'll know how false the assumption is. Q has a dumb high mana cost early on, which means you really can't just spam it like an auto. Klepto rng can help a bit, but overall you're still limited in your range by cd and mana early on, which is when it really matters. As the game progresses, gp becomes a ranged champ basically, but early on he's a melee with some poke.
musixxal (EUW)
: animation cancelling?
[(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr6m59_1_A0&t=0s)] most disgusting animation cancel i know of or beautiful depending on if you like unintended code{{sticker:sg-jinx}}
Bultz (NA)
: Remove Jhin's movement speed buff
_free_ yea not like he has any downsides or anything i mean only 4 attacks before a long ass reload? damn I wish every champ had such a strong advantage gosh it's almost as if a tiny ass ms boost that only scales with attack speed(something most jhin's don't build an excess of anyway these days) is his only form of mobility and if he gets caught he's pretty much dead outside of flash. that's not to mention his only hard cc is a thin as hell and super delayed skillshot that's easily dodged unless you can't move and he has no sustain or defensive capabilities. just because something doesn't take mana doesn't mean it's free. jhin has plenty of downsides to play around and if you play any sort of assassin or long ranged mage he's pretty screwed.
tyralie (EUW)
: veigar
Lmao all infinite scaling champs give you the same kind of timer except maybe thresh. If you can’t end before like 45 minutes then yea you’re kinda screwed, but veigar and these other champs are total liabilities early. Veigar is so easy to bully for most mids. Conditional and delayed cc on one long cd ability, no mobility, no safety, and low range. You basically have to let veigar land his cage for him to do anything. He’s a pretty fair design. His scalings also ain’t that hot due to his passive.
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: Have you forgotten LPP - League Partnership Program? Content creators get unlocked accounts that literally have everything on them - for free. And no, you don't have to be in a "million subs exclusive" club to get it. Riot also shares the codes to special Chromas and gives them to these creators to give out on their videos, streams, etc. This was recent (like a year or two ago i think) and it's better late than never. You didn't honestly expect that Riot gave every single League content creator a shoutout over these past 10 years? Hell, i still remember Grassyhyen, Angry Goran and Colby Cheese being the League content creators a long time ago but they've quit a long time ago too. Angry Goran's contribution to this game was already immortalized with his Nunu Bot skin, which was already a League series of his back in the day.
> [{quoted}](name=Tomoe Gozen,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kWNXBekh,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-11-04T13:46:38.815+0000) > > Have you forgotten LPP - League Partnership Program? > Content creators get unlocked accounts that literally have everything on them - for free. And no, you don't have to be in a "million subs exclusive" club to get it. Riot also shares the codes to special Chromas and gives them to these creators to give out on their videos, streams, etc. > > This was recent (like a year or two ago i think) and it's better late than never. > You didn't honestly expect that Riot gave every single League content creator a shoutout over these past 10 years? Hell, i still remember Grassyhyen, Angry Goran and Colby Cheese being the League content creators a long time ago but they've quit a long time ago too. Angry Goran's contribution to this game was already immortalized with his Nunu Bot skin, which was already a League series of his back in the day. Lol no i don't expect that and i don't even expect them to give dunkey a shoutout. My point was simply that treating your content creators well is a good move, and that league creators aren't just doing it for money. It was a direct response to the comment i replied to and nothing else. And I play more off and on so I personally wasn't here for LPP.
Cuddlies (NA)
: RIOT support team with ZERO customer service skills
Just because you got banned doesn't mean they won't or didn't lol. It's just easier for you to get banned quicker by the system when you enter in a 0 tolerance word. Riot has made it super duper clear that saying kys is absolutely 0 tolerance. It has nothing to do with lgbt or homophobia. If they told you to kys they'd get banned just like you are. It's called equality. You don't get privileges and neither do they. They harassed you? You reported them? Then in all likelyhood they'll get banned too.
: what reworks/changes that riot has done in the past that affected you the most?
* All the support item reworks, especially the removal of sightstone * {{champion:429}} getting guttered * {{champion:136}} rework * {{item:3172}} and banner removal * klepto nerfs * dft removal * dark harvest rework * {{item:3508}} both reworks * bork black cleaver combo gutting * {{champion:44}} rework altho i do like his current version too * {{champion:50}} and {{champion:6}} reworks * smite reworks(no smite camp rewards, aoe and warding smite removals)
BurnedFire2 (EUNE)
: One for All
yes give me 5 yuumi{{sticker:sg-jinx}}
: I didn't read the actual body of this because I already know the answer. Here it is: one doesn't play league to enjoy the game. The sky is blue, the grass is green, League is not fun and everyone's mean. :P But we play it because we're all addicted.
: Stop defending content creators like they’re doing it as a favor for a company lmfao. They’re doing it because it earns them good money for playing video games. Not “tO pRoMoTe lOL”
> [{quoted}](name=Sewer Side,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kWNXBekh,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-11-04T00:14:48.114+0000) > > Stop defending content creators like they’re doing it as a favor for a company lmfao. > > They’re doing it because it earns them good money for playing video games. Not “tO pRoMoTe lOL” They're doing it because they enjoy it. League isn't even close to the most profitable game, and gaming isn't even the most profitable source of revenue online. If they wanted to just go for money they'd make kid's entertainment on youtube or do some shit with China. Their content is free promotion for league, whether intentional or not. Many many many people come into and come to embrace the game because of those content creators who make vids for the game, and treating them like trash gives off a bad image, no matter if you think they mean to intentionally promote Riot or not.
: Never said they should write them off, I'm just saying that "Better changes the community provides", isn't exactly a qualifying statement for what should be pushed as a solution. I see the sentiment a lot on the boards, where people like to think that a solution someone provides is going to instantly work, and then off-handily insult the balance team for not being able to think of it. And I disagree that just because something could 'work' then they should give it a try. Once you get past how cool and shiny SilverSquid's rework looks, you can see a lot of issues that are apparent, plenty which I point out in my own post. You can see that SilverSquid's vision for Karma is a tankier battlemage, which may be fine for the older fans of Karma, but is a complete outing for fans who like and enjoy the current version. "Just give it a try" does not bypass something's faults that are glaringly obvious. Not every change a designer thinks of will be prototyped, plenty gets left on the paper stage of design, and they don't need to prototype something to know it won't work.
I never said to use glaringly obviously flawed designs lol. My argument is a more general one. Riot seems to ignore community changes regardless of quality imo, and it feels like an almost pointless endeavor to propose them if they are never used. I wouldn't say that the balance team are dumb or bad or incompetent simply that they miss the mark and with all the community feedback there are instances in which some members of the community show a better sense of a situation than the changes the team ends up implementing. I get the troubles with finding these people and suggestions for the team, but it is something that demotivates someone like me who loves theorycrafting changes, including balance changes. I never used ss's rework as my example of something that that could or should just be plopped into the game or tested, instead I am making a broader point of the flaws of simply ignoring all community changes on the basis of many of them not being viable to go right into the game. Let me emphasize this: I do not argue to listen to every change the community proposes I just feel that the team doesn't take _any_ of them even when they would or could work much better than the changes that they put out. Whether it's a real viable practice to use them or not I am not arguing, simply that it is saddening that they seem not to in the least.
Horızen (NA)
: Why does everyone think compensation buffs are necessary?
Here is the example that compensation buffs aim to fix: Item A is too strong. far too strong. Champions C and B are benefiting most from this because of their synergy with item A item A gets nerfed hard(as it should) and before item A was there, C and B were weak. it seems item A was carrying C and B because of this, Riot can buff C and B not as much as they nerfed A but buffing nonetheless and make sure they don't go back to floundering. this also works in the case of abilities. Champion X benefiting from an overtuned passive or ultimate? Nerfing it hard might gut the champ if all their other abilities are relatively ineffectual, so buffing their q, but not as much as the passive was nerfed will keep the champion afloat without simply being a lateral change. that's the idea but yes Riot can oftentimes fumble the ball on this concept. for zed, say his q did 300 dmg with 100%ad scaling and his e did 60dmg with 20%ad. if you gut his q to do 50dmg with 50%ad you'll leave him dead in the water. his q is indeed too strong but it's the only thing from keeping him afloat in this case so to make him decent after we gut it we'll buff the e to do 100 dmg with 50%ad. not as much, but something.
: To quote Mark Rosewater, long time designer of MTG: "Players are good at spotting problems. They're not so good at solving those problems." Just because something looks good, doesn't mean it doesn't have problems you just can't see.
Is that a good enough reason simply to write off all fan solutions? Is it a good enough reason not to analyze Riot's changes and say, "Well this change would have been better for x and x and x reasons"? Yes fans can be wrong, and they are a lot, but if you always hand your entire trust off to devs they'll have no pressure to preform well, and you'll end up with just as unbalanced a game as if the devs just listened to the fans. Both can be wrong and let's be real Magic ain't all that balanced either, and they've let plenty cards run rampant. Gotta love Siege Rhino eh? In league we have updates every 2 weeks and a lot more room to experiment with changes. Find a fan change that could work? Implement it and see if it works. If it doesn't you actually _can_ revert it shockingly. The idea that Riot's changes work as anything more than experimental is just outright false as well. Yes they think them through a bit more usually than the typical player, but the outcomes end up being just as questionable.
Kuponya (NA)
: Have you guys seen Wukong being played in URF much or at all?
he's not really tier 1 nor is he a popular champ anyway, and youtubers don't pick him in urf anymore so all the people who just take from their builds won't play him(they're all playing jhin-yuumi).
Show more

dolce de leche

Level 95 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion