: Azir Gameplay Update: Goals and Directions
i would like to see option 2 for sure. as many others have said it fits his thematic style, but if he becomes more of a back line mage then his ult fundamentally becomes a glorified thresh flay. I see his ult function on a grander scale, he's the emperor of Shurima, he commands his soldiers from the back lines. Imagine an ult similar to Yoriks. After an average channel length Azir would summon 8/10/12 in a 2x4/2x5/2x6 formation with the front row bearing shields and the back with spears. these sand soldiers would march down a lane on their own for ~4 times the live duration of his current w, if he spawns them in the jungle they will all march to the closest lane to them. All of the soldiers would dissipate if Azir was too far from them The soldiers directional movement would not be directly controlled by azir but could be effected by certain abilities. -Q causes the first line of soldiers to charge forward and knock back enemies. -W causes all soldiers to rally and move faster but not be able to instantly respond to an attack. -E would most likely be dependent on what his e would change too, but i would think the soldiers pulling back to guard their emporor and forming a defensive stance around Azir -R would probably work similar too how Annie controls Tibbers by determining who the soldiers target but the soldiers would prioritize holding rank and pushing the lane. Azir was an emperor that used to command legions upon legions of troops, i feel that having an ult along this line would be a nice fit to that kind of character. Keep up the good work Riot.
: Your Main Has Invited You Over...
{{champion:34}} ... umm what do i do... where do i even go?
: Tank. Two health bars, two forms of max health damage, engage, needs to stay in when he goes in? Kled's absolutely going to build straight tank.
i would think something along the lines of a cleaver, and frozen mallet with tank the rest of the way, that way he can also fight by himself and its harder to escape.
: I'm sorry, I thought you liked faces. Obviously there's a misscommunitcation.
You must finish your work Skarrrlll
: What Im trying to say is, you can play intro bots, if you arent able to handle intermedite bots. It doesnt take a pro player to carry intermediate bots either tbh.
and this brings up my point of an average player will have a tough time against three fed champions regardless of their bot level..... by the way dude... you're level 10..... how much experience do you even have? {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
: > [{quoted}](name=drake102nd,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Bl8r39JM,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-06-30T21:13:26.925+0000) > > i am not entirely sure but i would assume for tanky supports it would have to do with how much you have contributed to the team by objectives taken, damage soaked up for your team, kill participation etc. > > for utility supports i would say more along the lines of cc landed, heals given, plays made and again kill participation and objectives taken. > > i believe i have gotten an s rank on nami cause i landed a large amount of bubbles got a lot of clutch waves and heals and kited the enemy team a lot allowing for more objectives to be taken across the map and so on. There's no way the system can calculate your clutch healing and awesome bubble-landing skills, however for sure the fact that you nailed those gave you a bunch of assists and helped your team win, which is very valuable in the calculations.
surprisingly enough the system uses the amount of skill shots used vs skill shots hit and heals vs low hp. it is possible although it may to factor into the calculations for ranking, i am in coledge classes for videogame programming so i know it is possible on a basic level. such as i threw out 3 bubbles in 2 minuets and hit 5 targets so i got 2 double bubles and one single or some such. its nt that dificult but inputingthat into a formula for ranking may be strange. I've gotten an S on gnar for going 10/10/14 but i landed a large amount of multi player ults and stuns, plus soaked up damage, along with objective control. (yes i know gnar isn't a support but my point being i got a horrible KDA and farm but still got S rank due to objective control and cc landed)
: How Do I Get S Rank Support?
i am not entirely sure but i would assume for tanky supports it would have to do with how much you have contributed to the team by objectives taken, damage soaked up for your team, kill participation etc. for utility supports i would say more along the lines of cc landed, heals given, plays made and again kill participation and objectives taken. i believe i have gotten an s rank on nami cause i landed a large amount of bubbles got a lot of clutch waves and heals and kited the enemy team a lot allowing for more objectives to be taken across the map and so on.
: I know what hes trying to say. Annie bot doesnt exist in intro bots, its only {{champion:13}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:81}} {{champion:12}} In intro bots you get a 3 level advantage on them, you should not be losing in intro bots if youre average. And like I said, if he has alot of trouble getting to being an average player, make custom bot games and play that way.
ok i havent played intro bots for atleast two years now so i forgot XD but even then regardless of his skill level or wining or loseing the thread was about friendly bots doing nothing but feeding. these are summoner accounts being used by bots and put into these games. which does nothing to improve this games reputation or fun factor. and can turn off new players. that was the point of the post. having a fed enemy for a new player is no fun, especially when its a player account being run by a program to do nothing but feed.
: Want to get better at League, help please.
I'm an all around player as in i play almost all positions. so i can give some support advice. if you enjoy playing Raka and Bard then it seems like you enjoy utility supports. AKA buff, healing etc. I usually play sona and nami myself so i cant tell you much on how to play raka or bard better but one of the biggest things on supports is no matter what your team says you are the backbone of the team. the support is the champion to save his team and make the out plays, to set up the enemy to lose a fight. so dont let other players get you down because you messed up a play, it happens. try and expand your champion pool. if you enjoy healing and buffing your team try out nami as she focuses on poke, cc, healing and move speed. sona has less play making potential outside her ult but she provides more benefit to her team with heals shields speed buffs damage bumps etc. itemization is also very important to supports so after your first few items such as frost queens claim {{item:3092}} and athenes holy grail {{item:3174}} and/or ardent sensor {{item:3504}} don't be afraid to buy items not specifically for a utility support, if you are against an AP team and your tank is not building a locket of the iron solari {{item:3190}} then you should. if the enemy team is super mobile get a hextech GLP {{item:3030}} for the slow, if they are super push based build a Zz'Rot portal to counter and push a lane while fighting them somewhere else. your job is to put the other team at a disadvantage because they can't heal or lack cc where you can do one or both. but one of the main things is to do if your new is to try and advance outside your comfort zone. I'm only an average player myself but feel free to send me a friend request and i'm happy to chat and play and such.
: On the contrary bots are enjoyable for anyone who can handle them because otherwise intro bots becomes too easy and the other person in your lane just takes all your cs and kills. Having a useless team mate makes it a little more fun since youre gaining XP and you get to play the game on your own. Yes there are lots of bots, but if you guys are losing intro bot games, keep working on your skills. You need to be able to tackle 2-3 intro bots on your own to be able to climb the ladder and actually make the difference in PVP games.
he is taking about Bots on his own team not that he's against. he means bots on his team are feeding. and even an intro bot who has a massive stat advantage can poop on an average player. and annie bot with 5 kills and a Roa or rabs or whatever annie bots build first being built by 5 minuets before you even have half an item can beat you baring you being gold+. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
Joman767 (NA)
: Best duelist pre lvl 6?
in my experience i usually would go for {{champion:102}} , {{champion:203}} , or {{champion:64}} as the strongest duelist in the early game jungle. even with the shyv nerf's she's one of the strongest pre 6 duelists, kin tends to spike at lvl 3 once you have her kit but she drops until she hits 6 and has stacks and her ult. Then i doubt lee needs an explanation.
: ha I think you mean fed
Not if i'm playing him {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
lunien (EUNE)
: Oh, I get it... I feel dumb now.
I think IMT feels worse....
: meh not enough i want he ability to go in and out of the internet that way i can beat those trollers up then get out through the internet also allows me to go ~~peep~~ watch hot.... things and peraps join in muahahahahhaahaha
: the ability i would love to have is to be able to force riot to do something they don't like and telling them its for theirs own good (#bring back soloQ)
Artits (EUNE)
: What do you call a Zed in the enemy team? Fed.
What do you call a Zed on your team? Dead
Voidner (EUNE)
: Is it permitted to change sound,splash arts,music or anything like this in league for myself?
In my experience, riot does not agree with it, but you don't get in trouble directly for doing so. If you go online you can find programs that will edit your character models or splash arts. the thing is that its only changing them for you, so everyone else will see the normal art/models. As far as i know riot doesn't reeaally care about this but if you do end up doing this i would suggest not doing ranked until you reset the changed files because it can make you crash and reconnect sometimes. and patching is a hassle. But if you can deal with that then feel free. you can look up skin tutorials on youtube fairly easily.
: Two singed meet on a battlefield. They fling each other and try to run away.
i have played this lane in a 1v1 vs my friend... there was none stop laughter. we had the same items the entire game until the last item. i got {{item:3151}} , he got {{item:3089}} . it ended up being his win because we kept killing each other and minions finished me first. XD
Rioter Comments
Ackelope (NA)
: How long ago was this? I played Jhin a while ago and it, uh, it kinda sounds like me... :/
our team nami (me), jhin lee jg darius top kass mid, them, raka,kog bot voli jg kat mid poppy top
: I meant I was sated by 16 minutes.
ahh yes that is understandable. My apologies.
: ap - because everything scales with ap( ult doesn't even have ad scaling) and you can get more ap than ad, doesn't have to auto attack to deal damage( ad doesn't need to either but unless you're auto attacking you deal less damage than ap, if you are then ad does more damage). tank - she does a lot of damage and being a tank means she can stay in the front line without dieing while still being a threat. Plus bruiser/tank items are strong these days. {{item:3068}} also {{item:3116}} is a perma-slow eve's made so that she can have multiple build paths. whether it's ad, ap, or tank
never, ever get sunfire or cinderhulk on eve. if you do you are basically throwing your passive out the window because any damage caused by the cinder or sunfire passive will instantly uncloak her, cinderhulk is not as bad since it only activates when in combat but it's still not a good idea. otherwise i agree with you.
: My last game, FOR EXAMPLE, I had 417 AD, Full AS with E, 40% lifesteal, a Sated Devo around 16 minutes and a TriForce. Can AP Eve solo baron or almost 1v5 an entire team? I don't think so.
that good sir is false. unless you are doing nothing but spawn camping the enemy nexus for more than thirty kills that is not physical possible at 16 minuets let alone 25 minuets. although those stats are possible as i have also hit similar numbers. so i must asume you were exagerating the time of the game, although i will agree that a full build ad dev eve is scarier then a full build AD eve.... AD eve is not as strong with one or two items. non sated dev + one other item will not be able to out damage runic echos + a high ap item like rylies or nashors tooth
: I get so sad when people build Eve wrong.
i can''t speak for people who play tank eve... But in terms of AP vs AD... eve really relies on her early game a lot, so getting runic echos on her gives her movement speed and burst on her q and e, so with just one item she can be insanely powerful along with the benefits of rylies and you can use nashers tooth more efficiently, along with gun blade. I've always seen eve as a Hybrid assassin instead of either pure AD or AP. undoubtedly AD can deal much more damage in less time, due to BOKR cleaver devouerer etc. but she requires much more time to get herself set up with the needed items. so in a game of squishes that should be a shorter game i usually build AP and go for early ganks and assassinations, but for longer games with multiple tanks i spec for devouerer, with BORK, cleaver, rageblade, and deaths dance.
: on-hit orianna: {{item:3115}} {{item:3124}} {{item:3006}} {{item:3146}} {{item:3100}} (last item can be any of these: {{item:3089}} {{item:3091}} {{item:3153}} ) and you don't need to necessarily build in that order you can always switch out one of those items for a defensive item, but i suggest not removing nashor's/rageblade from this you can also choose to switch out gunblade for blade of the ruined king but you will get less lifesteal crit fiora: {{item:3087}} {{item:3078}} (any boots besides sorcerer's shoes) {{item:3031}} {{item:3072}} {{item:3508}} if you don't want to die instantly i recommend switching out essence reaver for a defensive item
i see we have similar tastes....
: Fiora/Ori Off Meta Builds?
i dont play Fio but ori is my main pick with a tanky team fight comp, in terms of off meta... hmm. {{item:3508}} {{item:3043}} {{item:3124}} {{item:1300}} then i would say either {{item:3091}}, {{item:3094}} {{item:3146}} or {{item:3153}} Wits End is obvious, since you are still dealing magic damage from your passive as well as your abilities plus more AS. Rapidfire Cannon gives more crit for the Essence Reaver as well as extended range on her first auto, since her autos dont come to full power until the third hit on a target. so its easier to start that stacking. Gunblade is the best choice in terms of an LS item since it will heal from her abilities, passive, manamune, rageblade proc and Rapid Fire Cannon proc. and i think BORK is obvious if they have tanks, along with AS and LS .... I'll need to try this myself when i get home from work XD
darkdill (NA)
: Lux crying over... spilled milk?
I think raka may need to get her outfit refitted or she may have an "accident" {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: Favorite theme oriented-off meta builds?
AD malz jungle {{item:1402}} {{item:3036}} {{item:3071}} {{item:1330}} {{item:3146}} {{item:3116}} Well i say AD i guess it's hybrid, tho most of the damage is focused on the voidlings.
: I likes ds1 but I couldn't get into ds2. It just felt like there was a way bigger consequence for dying and less responsive. Is ds3 good
the best way to describe DkS 3... take DkS 1 add some bloodborn too it. then throw it in the mixer with some ghost peppers. i had over 1500 hours on DkS 1 (all that life).... got murdered 5 times by the tutorial boss. XD. but it didn't feel cheap at all, whenever i died i could tell that it was my mess up, not some OP boss move.
: The State of Ultimate Bravery
i used to play this a bit and honestly forgot about it. thanks for the post. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: nekusaur is extremely funny I combo him with the one artifact equipment that gives infect make everyone draw 10 cards
what's the name of it? i run the 2 drop black enchant that gives infect at the cost of 1 -1/-1 counter per turn... and comes back to hand when the creature dies.
: I think it because they they are/were enemies is why people ship them. Honestly people will and have shipped every champ pairing
cough cough.... Zac+Riven
Seekêr (NA)
: Trying to get a passive adc to fight with you
plays nami, gets 5 double bubble hits... adc Jhin just walks away...
: I only play EDH format if i play MTG standard is annoying cause you have to keep buying new cards, Favorite deck is Kruphix god of horizons OTK combo usually win with some card that has damage off of how many cards in hand then into the infinite
i personally run Nekusar and Deretti (sorry for the miss spelling) here i'm helping you draw, aren't i nice? "you're killing meeeeeeee!!!!!!!" yep so nice. All my stuff is in the grave huh? wait.... ITS ALL ON THE FIELD NOW. Also turn 5 darksteel forge XD, or anything big and artifact really.
Knalxz (NA)
: Is that chick non the left naked?
No? Tha anime is Kill La Kill, and without spoiling anything.... lets just say the outfits are not super covering. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: My favorite Support moment? I have many. Stealing Dragon from behind the wall with {{champion:201}} 's Q. Going 7/0/11 as {{champion:89}} support. (That sweet W damage) Standing in front of an {{champion:81}} right when he ults, and I'm playing {{champion:201}} Ahhhh, good times. Then of course there is the "adc's" who are just too stupid to save. They dive headlong into a 2v1 when you're both half health and low mana when the enemy bot lane just got back from fountain. You know you shouldn't go in, but there's that small voice in the back of your head that says "I'm sure you can get him/her out. And then they will learn not to take that kind of risk again." Some games, you need to smother that voice. 'cause you both go in, die horribly, then 5 minutes later the marksmen does it again! {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} I play support cause it's in my nature. I like to help, protect and save. Sometimes it makes me question my life choices. But in the end, you just got queue for another game, and hope to god you're not paired with another idiot.
idk if you could clasify it as a support moment but i was a sona support, our mid and top afk'd at 2 minuets so our jung went top i went mid and we won. i was 23/0/11 against a zed. there team was running from a 1v5 i mean full stack {{item:3041}} 1.1K ap sona is scary....
darkdill (NA)
: Your favorite female Champion just slapped you. Why?
{{champion:222}} not enough Boom Boom {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
All ZeRo (NA)
: Farewell good hunter, may you find your worth in the waking world.
May Gehrman and The Doll rest in peace.
: Wrong actually, we were talking about bronzes. Who aren't good regardless of their environment.
well if we're talking about a true bronze support then she's the kind that leads all her team into a fight then leaves and blames the team for losing a 4v5 because she left them alone.
: Not really. If she were a bronze support, she'd run into 5 of them alone under tower spam pinging the whole way then die. How could she be in the wrong anyway with her full AP build?
Wrong actually. We werw talking in reference to the anime. In which case. After she is rid of those jerks and with the main character. It shows how good she really is.
Ñaofumi (NA)
: I'd see no problem with this though lol
except the blood is pulled down and under instead of the normal up/over.
Chesu13 (NA)
: What allies team up best with Anivia?
also blitz, thresh and such are good for your wall to split them from their team due to that it grows over 3/4 of the lane at rank 5 also its good AGAINST naut as his dredge line will hit the ice wall and pull him to the ice wall. also a few hints on game play your q travel and activated q stun count as two spells and can do its damage twice. your ult does damage per second as well as when its deactivated so if you shut it off right after a damage tick its basicaly a double tick. dont feel to scared with your passive up, play aggressive at lvl 1 and 2 and dont feel bad about trading your passive for first blood on them. rush for a tear and then ROA and if you recall and are buying just sit in the fountain with your ult active to freecharge tear. you dont need much ap so dont worry about rushing ap early game. swiftness boots are your friend since you're super slow. use your ult as a zoneing tool as well people will actively try and move away from it, due to both the slow and damage. your e has low range but almost instant cast time but try not to use it unless your get a q or ult slow so it will do the double damage. practice CSing with her as it is difficult and you will need mana early game. your wall can split people apart obviously. and a god placement can save an ally from death at the hands of a fed garen or making garen run 4 laps around the map to get back at you. even at lvl 1 your q will stll mess with enemy players pathing and can let you get a free q+e off since your q moves fairly slowly. if your giving up your passive for a kill or an enemy gank make sure yo're under tower since you get reduced armor/MR and can't defend yourself. for 6 seconds. your passive has a 5 minuet CD so as long as its down be careful.
: New Queue needs another pick option
i made a similar thread earlier today and i agree with this.
: R&D (Research and Disintegration): A Vel'Koz rework proposition
AS A VEL'KOZ MAIN I SECOND THIS. RIOT PLEASE DO THIS. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
Rebonack (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=drake102nd,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sBmlxaaf,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2016-01-29T22:47:34.589+0000) > > i think the 2nd one would be a bit strong. it would be too easy to fight other champions especialy after buying lifesteal like if xin's w passive was on every auto but only on champs. 's why I leave the numbers wide open. OP/UP is always tied to the raw numbers. *Unhealthy* is tied to the core mechanic. Would it be OP if it did 2% max HP damage and healed for 1 health? Probably not. What if it healed for 100 health? That would likely be an issue. So it stands to reason that there's some value between one and one hundred that would be workable. > i like the first one though. the ult doesnt really need a refresh but i like the stack reset, but to prevent super spamming because of its late game strength maybe do a {{item:3041}} style. it losses a flat number of stacks. I do too! It's a very thematic Passive that fits well with Kog's champion identity. It also puts Kog at a bit of risk to take advantage of it, since he needs to waddle over to where an enemy champ just died. He would need to be careful about picking the right time to eat up. > but then he gives up his suicide bomber mode which is fine. where would you buff/trim his other abilities then? because his lack of survivability is what keeps him from being too oppressive early game due to his power with just bork is drastically higher then most other adcs with one item. the hardest part is just getting to the bork without falling too far behind. Yup, suicide bomber would be gone. It's a *really* strong Passive. Kog may as well have a second Ult that triggers every time he dies. But ti really doesn't help Kog fill his niche at all, which is why it should have been taken out while the rework was still reworking. Unfortunately, Graves and Cait took more of the focus in that regard and Kog was left with half a remake. Being able to invest that power back into his kit would really help Kog to fill the team role he's meant to.
mmhm tho regarding the 2nd one, the problem with building flat or % health regen is if he's still AS based he would heal way too fast once he has bork / Deaths dance etc. and his current passive doesn't fit super well from a lore point but if you think about it from a gameplay point it fulfills the same role as a Zyra and Sion passive and letting him try and keep up early game. also would the snack regen a flat amount or a percent amount? and this would require kog to get a buff to either his base stats or ability stats because the snakes are nice post 6 and post fights. but kog loses most pre 6 fights and if he doesnt fight he is easily bullied out of lane. how would that get equaled so he can still be playable pre 6. assuming your support is not super god mode pro level.
: When someone says "Sorry I'm really bad"
at least they are nice enough to admit it. unlike the people who wont admit they're bad at the game and need to get better. Admitting your bad is the first step at getting better.
: Your main just got a buff to their passive, now take downs reset their cooldowns
Rebonack (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=drake102nd,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sBmlxaaf,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-01-29T21:23:38.402+0000) > > the only problem is how does an adc eat enemy units? we cant have him be a mini chogath, > and if he melts it at range and consumes it that's too velkoz and not kog style. > Kog is a walking infinite stomach. hence the continual regurgitating of bile and acid. > > plus looking at kindred adc we can see why adc's tend to not have self healing integral to their kit.. and it would let him jungle to a point which is the only thing holding back devouer kogmaw (may it never be a thing, even im disgusted and i play kog as one of my main adc's). Kog being able to clear the jungle and remain healthy isn't what's holding back Jungle Kog. He can do a full clear with decent speed and end with full HP and mana to go gank with. His ganks are just really poor. If Riot buffed the level 1 slow on his E a bit, then it might be a little more workable. He would still be super-vulnerable, though. HOWEVER! To answer the initial question, something like- **Passive - So Hungry:** When an enemy champion dies near Kog'Maw they leave behind Delicious Snacks. By walking over the Snacks, Kog'Maw devours them, recovering HP, refreshing the cooldown on Bio-Arcane Barrage, and clearing all stacks from Living Artillery. No jungle sustain. No lane sustain. But if Kog kills someone who dives him, he can heal up and get right back into the fight. Alternately, it could be something simple like- **Passive - Eldritch Acid:** Kog'Maw's basic attacks deal (percentage) of the target's max HP in bonus magic damage OnHit. If the target is a Champion, Kog'Maw is healed for (percentage) of the damage dealt.
i think the 2nd one would be a bit strong. it would be too easy to fight other champions especialy after buying lifesteal like if xin's w passive was on every auto but only on champs. i like the first one though. the ult doesnt really need a refresh but i like the stack reset, but to prevent super spamming because of its late game strength maybe do a {{item:3041}} style. it losses a flat number of stacks. but then he gives up his suicide bomber mode which is fine. where would you buff/trim his other abilities then? because his lack of survivability is what keeps him from being too oppressive early game due to his power with just bork is drastically higher then most other adcs with one item. the hardest part is just getting to the bork without falling too far behind.
Rebonack (NA)
: Riot, if you're struggling to balance Kog around dealing damage and doing nothing else-
the only problem is how does an adc eat enemy units? we cant have him be a mini chogath, and if he melts it at range and consumes it that's too velkoz and not kog style. Kog is a walking infinite stomach. hence the continual regurgitating of bile and acid. plus looking at kindred adc we can see why adc's tend to not have self healing integral to their kit.. and it would let him jungle to a point which is the only thing holding back devouer kogmaw (may it never be a thing, even im disgusted and i play kog as one of my main adc's).
: "Hmm Doge almost hit the mark, but there is one problem. Mobile AD Fighters are having trouble with him, so instead of just playing Whack-a-Mole with the nerf hammer, we will be buffing {{champion:157}}. His ult will now insta-kill Doge, similar to the changes we made to {{champion:64}} last patch."
Doge replies by ulting and making yas's ult range 0 units.
Show more

drake102nd

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion