Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=dropadook,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VMnYeBhO,comment-id=0006000200000000000000020000,timestamp=2015-07-25T20:51:20.964+0000) > > Sorry bro. I straight up can't have any respect for someone telling me Windows 8 (even 8.1) is "far superior" to 7 in every way. It's people like you that allow companies like Microsoft & Riot to justify their terrible decision making. Please stop. I can't have any respect for someone who blindly believes the new version of Windows is inferior to the previous version based on what people afraid of changes have said about it to make people not like the operating system. The driver support in 8.1 is so much better. The entire OS is more efficient. Did you even TRY Windows 8.1 with an objective eye?
I bought a new laptop with Windows 8 on it... Wanted to throw it out an actual window after having use it. Windows 8.1 isn't much matter. What pisses me off about has nothing to do with "being afraid of change", just as what pisses me off about this new HUD has nothing to with "being afraid of change" and frankly I'm getting fucking tired of people using that bullshit accusation as the core of their argument. Windows 8 was designed for touch screen interface. It was designed for Microsoft's tablets, but got implemented into their desktop and laptop computers as well. Shit pops up when i mouse over to the sides of my screen. The fucking desktop splits in half sometimes to open up room for a second window / app, which is fucking pointless. The built in "apps" or whatever that come with Windows 8 seem to function differently from regular programs in many ways I don't even care to describe. The new start menu is god fucking awful. There is SO MUCH about Windows 8 I don't like that i literally don't have enough time to explain it here.
: All of these reasons are wrong and WIndows 8.1 was definitely far superior to 7 in every way, and pretty much just shows how allergic to change most of you people are. Windows 10 is to be their LTS model and there won't be another Windows version until some major change in the way technology works happens, or something to that effect. {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}}
Sorry bro. I straight up can't have any respect for someone telling me Windows 8 (even 8.1) is "far superior" to 7 in every way. It's people like you that allow companies like Microsoft & Riot to justify their terrible decision making. Please stop.
: Yeah, I get it, but what baffles me is *how few players understand that, the more in-depth balance changes are, the harder it is to make something as big as an entirely new map.* Again, comparing to HotS, the balance is much more controlled in that game. Your champion has a limited set of perks that come into play every 3 levels, and there's no gold economy outside of the maps where you collect some sort of token for the map's central objective. League is not that simple. Hence why we have 3 maps instead of 7, and one of them isn't considered competition-relevant.
Sounds to me like you are just making excuses for Riot not wanting to put forth the effort to truly expand their game. I'm not really understanding what you mean by "in-depth balance changes". What does that even mean? League can't make various styles of maps because of champion balance? item balance? Not really understanding this. There are only two things to balance in this game champion power / item power. Like I said, Riot has ONE game to work with. They really have no excuse for not outshining the competition in literally every single aspect of the MOBA gaming genre.
: > [{quoted}](name=dropadook,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YqGv0ene,comment-id=,timestamp=2015-07-25T16:44:04.170+0000) > I just recently created my very first thread in this forum regarding my concerns with the new HUD, and it became literally the biggest thread with the most up-votes, most comments, and most views of any thread on this entire forum, not just the Gameplay & Balance section. False: http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/site-feedback/AsK9QmW7-its-time-you-listen-riot
I stand corrected good sir. I did not find this thread in my initial search... Did Riot actually reply to it or nah??
: > [{quoted}](name=dropadook,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YqGv0ene,comment-id=00020000000100000000,timestamp=2015-07-25T19:22:49.361+0000) > > And I understand where you are coming from with the "balancing" issues with new maps, but the solution to that is very simple: HAVE A SEPARATE ITEM POOL FOR EACH MAP!! Riot is just lazy and doesn't want to bother making new items, so they just cross them over between maps, like.. Fuck it, doesn't matter. Funny, I could have sworn you just told them to basically make *multiple sets of items balanced for each map.* Sure, you can ask the DM to build three interwoven universes, but they're not going to be able to do it overnight.
Overnight?? Bro, it's been years. Riot owns and operates ONE fucking game for christ sake. There are game developers out there that have a multitude of titles they have to worry about. Riot has fucking ONE, with ONE viable map for competitive play. That is absolutely pathetic when you actually put it into perspective. I am not asking for this to be done over night. I am asking them to get their heads out of their asses about wasting time on shit like a new HUD for Summoner's Rift, or a new graphical overlay for Summoner's Rift, or new items for Summoner's rift, or new champions for Summoner's Rift.... Do you at least get where I am coming from with this?
: Wrong.
Wrong to you too, sir.
Saianna (EUNE)
: +1 for the: >How in thee bloody fuck Awesome sentence, unfortunately rarely used :(
Heheh.. Thought you would like that :P
: Look at it this way, what compelling reason do you have right now to play on Butchers Bridge over The Howling Abyss? Both are available via Custom Game, yet both provide the exact same experience, because the lanes are the same, and the neutral objectives are both non-existent. The only "neutral objective" to be had right now are the Summoner Icons as achievements for playing Butcher's Bridge. If you're having the same experience, then the map itself is just a skin, and at that point wouldn't it be better for Riot to sell map skins? What's the point of having another 1 lane map? The only variation would be to essentially add a jungle on either side of the lane, but without neutral objectives that's a relatively uninteresting change. What's the point of having another 2 lane map? It's going to be extremely similar to Twisted Treeline without better neutral objectives. What's the point of having another 3 lane map? Unless there's enough other stuff to make it different from Summoners Rift, what's the point? It's the difference in neutral objectives that make the maps unique, not the lane objectives.
You see... The map I would like to see them make would not be like any other map they have ever made.. You say, "What is the point of having another 2-lane map / 3-lane map. They would be to similar to the current ones". We'll, to that I say, a map doesn't NEED to have lanes, and even if it does have lanes, they by no means need to be straight. I want them to make a 1 lane 2v2 map where the lane itself actually snakes AROUND a jungle, so it is not just a straight line between the two nexuses (nexi). They could get really creative with something like this, adding more jungle camps then there are minions or even more jungle buffs then just two. There could be a myriad of ways to play this map... Maybe have one laner and one jungler on each team, or have two junglers on each team, or even two laners with one being able to split push THROUGH the jungle some how. Maybe have a jungle camp that you can actually take command of as your own minion wave at some point to have them follow you into combat, or even have neutral item shops placed within the map where you could buy minions or guardians or other unique items. Like....... What about a 5 man free for all map where there are NO LANES at all. Just a pure jungle that you have to cut your way through. The map could be huge with upwards of 10 different buffs, all based around individual domination. They could even introduce something like a way for players to BUILD barracks or turrets or something on a map like this to give them their own army of minions or whatever to help you fight through this free-for-all / king of the mountain style map. League is stale as fuck with this Summoner's Rift is the only ranked / competitive map mindset. The fact of the matter is Riot could do SOOO MUCH with this game, if they actually opened their eyes to the possibilities. If Riot hired me onto the dev team, I would rock the world with this shit.
: What's the point of having two maps that are basically the same thing? I don't think the OP wants recolors of the Summoner's Rift, and Raptamei *definitely* isn't talking about that when referring to HotS' maps, which are quite diverse in design. The reason it's taken them 5 years to have 3 permanent maps (not counting Abyss/Bridge) is because of just how much balancing there has to be done. They even have to keep separate sets of balance changes between maps for some things, just because of how something balanced on map A becomes ludicrous on map B or C. HotS has different rules for balance, and a different focus. Where League's objective control is based on enemy towers, HotS focuses more on the random mob camps and the map's specific objective.
You are right. I DON'T want a recoloring of Summoner's Rift. I want an entirely new style of map. And I understand where you are coming from with the "balancing" issues with new maps, but the solution to that is very simple: HAVE A SEPARATE ITEM POOL FOR EACH MAP!! Riot is just lazy and doesn't want to bother making new items, so they just cross them over between maps, like.. Fuck it, doesn't matter. It truly would not be hard to do, and I am tired of people making excuses for Riot not doing something based on how HARD it is or how much EFFORT it would take. For fuck sake, Riot is one of the wealthiest game designers of this current day and age. They can afford to do ANYTHING they want to do with their ONE game they have. Please stop making excuses for them as if they are under staffed and under funded or some shit.
: Heroes of the Storm is able to make multiple maps because of how neutral objective focused their game is. You don't think about the lanes for HotS maps, you think about the neutral objectives you're fighting over. Without said neutral objectives being a part of *every* map, HotS would be in the same boat as League for number of maps. The closest League game mode to being as neutral objective focused is Dominion, which with its pitifully small player base hasn't exactly encouraged Riot to make more maps like it.
How in thee bloody fuck are you even presenting this as an excuse for Riot not to make new maps? What does it matter if a map is neutral objective focused or not? It would take the same amount of time to make a map that is "neutral objective focused" as it does to make a map that is "lane focused". I literally can't even understand what you are getting at with your comment.
: > [{quoted}](name=dropadook,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Oi5gEvdQ,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-07-25T17:36:27.106+0000) > > ROFL. Your post couldn't be more contradictory. You say that the new HUD is "definitely superior" and that you "don't hate change" and then you post a shit ton of Kha'Zix icons... > > Are you even aware of how broken Kha's evolution cycle is in conjuction with the level-up animations of the new HUD? Do you even play Kha'Zix? -1 for you sir. The reference is that one of Kha'Zix's quotes is "Change is good." Please. What do you even mean "Broken", it works just fine and has absolutely no impact on the gameplay for {{champion:121}} pls {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}}
Then why are people creating threads about how difficult it is to discern between his evolve and level-up skill with the new HUD? P.S. I know wtf the reference was too..
: ***
Oh kool. I just gotta become a pro streamer to enjoy it. Pfffft..
: Personally, I don't hate change and looking objectively, after exploring the new HUD and giving it a legitimate chance, it's definitely superior to the previous hud. {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:121}}
ROFL. Your post couldn't be more contradictory. You say that the new HUD is "definitely superior" and that you "don't hate change" and then you post a shit ton of Kha'Zix icons... Are you even aware of how broken Kha's evolution cycle is in conjuction with the level-up animations of the new HUD? Do you even play Kha'Zix? -1 for you sir.
: Riot finally listens to their community
Bro.. Look at my thread: [My HUD Thread](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/VMnYeBhO-the-new-hud-is-an-absolutely-terrible-and-counter-intuitive-addition-to-the-game-here-is-why) It's fucking MASSIVE, with a staggering amount of upvotes, but Riot still hasn't responded to it. It's literally the biggest thread on the entire forum, but it some how got pushed off the first page of the Gameplay & Balance board... Hmmmm..
: I haven't played as much as you, so I still think SR is fine. I mean, to them a new map usually means a custom selection of items. I'd be fine with some new gamemodes that STICK AROUND instead of being like 1 time every few months :\ What IM waiting for is for them to get off of there asses and start 1) listening 2) fixing the champs they already @#$ have. I'm running MP5/level selas, quints, and glyphs on galio, just so I don't have to buy an item that's useless on him (athene's). Why? Cause my regen rate means after a few spells, I'm out. Period. And I'm melee......with spells that activate once every 7 seconds....... Yea #Balanced [My Fiora Thread](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/6KlYk6Ax-my-thoughts-on-fiora) [My Riot Communications BS thread](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/r1Erk4E2-rito-you-seem-to-need-help-in-your-balancing-process-give-this-a-try) I'm reposting these links everywhere. Hopefully someone will FINALLy start replying. Check out my communications idea, tell me if it's any good.
Damn, that's sad to see what happened with you communication thread. I know what it feels like to put great effort into writing out a post. I'll +1 you bro..
Rioter Comments
: {{champion:266}} agrees Although, let us keep in mind that the actual challenge part of the kit is perfectly fitting. What do you suppose would be Fiora's reward for proccing all 4?
fucking give her teammates a massive DAMAGE or ATTACK SPEED increase instead of a heal. How does it even make sense that a DUELIST with a SWORD would heal her teammates??
: Why would Riot want to walk into the Lion's Den, exactly? That thread is nothing but non-stop circlejerking about how terrible the new HUD is. Nothing anyone from Riot could say is going to be received well.
Because that is what a game company who actually cared about their users and feedback would do, regardless if it is negative or positive.
Totalis (NA)
: Can we keep this announcer
Had to down vote your comment bro. I actually had some one on my team get a penta with this announcer..... Absolutely made me wanna quit the game.. He said: "Ally Pentakill" with no enthusiasm whatsoever. It was as if the pirate was bored of speaking and didn't even want to announce the penta, can't even describe how belittling that was.
: Completely agree with post. I absolutely hate this change and I really hope RIOT listens to the changes that the community is suggesting. The new HUD visuals have had a dramatically negative effect on my playing experience and it genuinely makes me not want to play, due to the abysmal readability it provides. As said above, ally unit frames provide crucial information that often determine the plays you make in game - for example - if you are jungling, it almost feels like you need a fucking magnifying glass to see your team-mate's health bar! As a result of this, you may miss or second-guess opportunities that you wouldn't have with the original HUD. In addition, there was absolutely no need to move it from one side of the screen to the other... With that said, why on earth was the CS/KDA tool bar moved!? it provided efficient, readable information right where it was previously and did not need to be moved (it's tiny guys, it doesn't obstruct the field of view whatsoever). My personal advice that I'm sure many would agree with: * Move ally unit frames back to right-hand side and make them bigger. * Make the mini-map brighter (no idea why it is so dark - it completely contradicts the concept of a map). * Remove the sound effect when you press 'Tab'. * Put the CS/KDA tool bar back in the top left-hand corner. * Personally, I much preferred the experience bar to be horizontal along your champion portrait - it randomly being changed to a vertical bar really throws me off and makes it confusing when going for level rushes/engages. (engaging when leveling up is really important for getting good trades in lane and the previous Exp bar made that a lot easier. I like that RIOT is constantly updating the game and isn't afraid to make changes, but for the first time ever, I have to disagree with this change. It is genuinely affecting my personal playing experience and I just hope that some changes are made or that RIOT implements a method of choosing which HUD to use (or at least move it around ourselves!).
>My personal advice that I'm sure many would agree with: > >* Move ally unit frames back to right-hand side and make them bigger. I think you meant back to the "left-hand side" but great post anyway. +1
: Uhm. You did got a new map, is called Butcher's Bride or whatever. And yeah a lot of resources were spent on the new HUD but the reason why they didn't just fix the bugs were that they were trying to add some freshness. The customization HUD is probably a good idea but I don't think riot employees have any idea how to code something like that. P.S. A few ones are the following, items fail to appear on the item slots until you die (you still gets full benefits), the tab screens go bigger or smaller several times through the game. If you have custom controls sometimes it doesn't work if they have another function on the new HUD (like pressing c)
Bro.... The fact that you would sit here and blatantly tell me that "Butcher's Bridge" is a new map is absolutely disgusting to me. Butcher's Bridge is NOT A NEW MAP!!! It is a graphic overlay of Howling Abyss... Or, in other words: An absolute fucking waste of time for the development team. I have not and will never play on Butcher's Bridge. It is straight up appalling that Riot actually succeeding in making people like you think that this map is NEW in anyway... Just wow, dude.. That's sad.. > The customization HUD is probably a good idea but I don't think riot employees have any idea how to code something like that. Are you fucking even joking me right now? Riot is one of the richest game developers in the world at the moment, and they can't afford to higher someone who knows how to do this??? Seriously? Are you trying to joke around, cuz that is honestly comical. I suggest you go take a look at Hi-Rez's HUD that they implemented into SMITE, then tell me that sentence again. P.S. I have never once noticed ANY of those bugs you just described.
Makills (NA)
: Why stop there? We should be able to play with these old HUD too. http://i.ytimg.com/vi/-Bd4dYDpKvY/maxresdefault.jpg http://i.ytimg.com/vi/pmQ36GUiKzU/maxresdefault.jpg https://gamezroomx.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/leagueoflegends070.jpg It's not like having a sleeker and more compact version can ever actually help, right?
Okay sarcastic dick.. Do you notice how in all three iterations of the old HUDS, every one of them (aside from the first one with its action bar) had nearly IDENTICAL positioning and size for all the information being displayed? This new HUD down scaled the size of all the most relevant information and completely put everything in an awkward position, and now we got assholes like you posting pics of old HUDs, too blind to see how vastly different and counter-intuitive this new one is.
Shloonz (EUW)
: I think the HUD is great and looks very clean. The only think i miss would be larger mute buttons like in the old HUD where i can easily click them. Sadly that's a button i have to use often in unranked.
: Well there are actually a few reasons. To starters is to make everything feel fresh, a game without changes will inevitable go stale and you will grow bored of this, due to the type of game that League is you can only do so much to keep it fresh and updating the graphics is one of the main ways, they upgraded the map, the looks, the engine, is was just expected they will update the HUD as well. As for revert to the old one would create tons of problems and will mean spending tons of resources on it as it will mean having two separate systems working together, having to give maintenance to both of them and make sure they don't interfere with each other. I don't know if you haven't gone to rank lately (which keeps the old HUD) but is filled with HUD related bugs now. The new HUD system is not much better or worse, basically is just different.
> [{quoted}](name=RogueWill,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VMnYeBhO,comment-id=00f900000000,timestamp=2015-07-24T11:44:06.057+0000) > > Well there are actually a few reasons. To starters is to make everything feel fresh, a game without changes will inevitable go stale and you will grow bored of this, due to the type of game that League is you can only do so much to keep it fresh and updating the graphics is one of the main ways, they upgraded the map, the looks, the engine, is was just expected they will update the HUD as well. Bro, I am all for making the game fresh... SO GIVE US A NEW MAP FOR FUCK SAKE, SO SICK OF PLAYING ON SUMMONER'S RIFT! > [{quoted}](name=RogueWill,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VMnYeBhO,comment-id=00f900000000,timestamp=2015-07-24T11:44:06.057+0000) > > As for revert to the old one would create tons of problems and will mean spending tons of resources on it as it will mean having two separate systems working together, having to give maintenance to both of them and make sure they don't interfere with each other. I don't know if you haven't gone to rank lately (which keeps the old HUD) but is filled with HUD related bugs now. Spending tons of resources on it? They spent more resources on creating a brand new HUD instead of just getting rid of whatever bugs the old one had and simply ADDING ON to it. All they needed to do was add some ult timers in the same position (make the green ult light have a "filling up" animation), and add summoner spell cooldowns.. That is literally ALL that NEEDED to be done... Instead they just moved everything around, made it smaller and said, "fuck you if you don't like it". They could have very easily implemented a NEW CUSTOMIZABLE HUD into the game that would have solved all these problems and actually gave a lot of freedom to the player, creating some very happy customers in the process. I understand that League wants to be a competitive "Esports" game, but that whole excuse about "everyone has to keep the same HUD for it to be fair" is a load of dog shit. WoW was and still is a competitive "Esports" game, and literally every player has a DIFFERENT HUD from the next. Go look at SMITES's customizable HUD. They are an "Esports" game, and their HUD couldn't be more of a perfect example of where League should be with theirs.. Sorry, I went off on a rant there, but no one is even bringing any solid counter-arguments to the table here regarding this bunk ass new HUD. I would really like to hear from Riot before this thread breaks 500 up votes. P.S. I've been playing ranked and haven't noticed a HUD related bug, not once, ever.
Rioter Comments
: This should not happen as the cast range of the traps is relatively the same pre-level 11. Additionally, melee champions kill mushrooms in 2 auto attacks so if your playing Darius or Trundle, you can use your auto reset on your kit to effectively negate a mushroom being thrown in your face instantly! This might take some timing to do, but should be easy if Teemo is throwing a shroom directly at you! Also with a longer arm time, if you manage to get on top of Teemo, you can kill or dodge the mushroom he plants to save himself more easily and hopefully have a higher chance in killing him/winning the trade. I'm rooting for you killing him though ;).
I have created literally the biggest, most up-voted, most commented thread of the entire NA forum, but you guys still wont respond to it. So pathetic. http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/VMnYeBhO-the-new-hud-is-an-absolutely-terrible-and-counter-intuitive-addition-to-the-game-here-is-why
: The New HUD is an Absolutely Terrible and Counter-Intuitive Addition to the Game & Here is Why
This is officially the biggest thread on the entire NA forum, but Riot still wont respond to it. So sad. {{item:3070}} {{item:3070}}
: So I see all the complaints about the new HUD but what about the things they did fix?
: You will get used to it... I remember when the old HUD was launched, a lot of people were complaining as well and it had several bad feedback. The thing is you are way too used to the old HUD, you knew exactly where to look where you wanted some information and my guess is that you still look to those places right now (even though that information is no longer there). Most of the animations can be turned off if they bother you. What I really can't stand is the greyed out items when you cant use them, I keep forgeting I have pots
> [{quoted}](name=RogueWill,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VMnYeBhO,comment-id=00f9,timestamp=2015-07-24T10:29:43.864+0000) > > The thing is you are way too used to the old HUD, you knew exactly where to look where you wanted some information. Uhhh, yah. This is exactly my point. Why should we be FORCED to learn this all over again? There is absolutely NO REASON for Riot to not be flexible about this, and at least give us a choice to move things around and / or revert to the old one. I am all for change, but only when it is actually NEEDED or makes something better, not worse.
: I'll double check tomorrow, but the vision range should be unchanged.
Really wish someone would from Riot would respond to, currently, the biggest thread on this board. http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/VMnYeBhO-the-new-hud-is-an-absolutely-terrible-and-counter-intuitive-addition-to-the-game-here-is-why
: It is pretty substantial no doubt, but it was also a lot of power that Teemo players would tap into unintentionally. Cutting down on this type of superfluous power will let us shift some more buffs into cooler/more skillful areas of Teemo's kit in the future if we need to. That being said, through a lot of internal testing so far, the extended cast range has been a substantial buff that for the most part seems to make up for this loss. The big thing about this change is that it creates a larger and healthier space for us to work with in the future if we need to give him some more love :D!
Really wish you would respond to my thread Riot. I can assure you it is much more important then responding multiple times to this unworthy Teemo thread. http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/VMnYeBhO-the-new-hud-is-an-absolutely-terrible-and-counter-intuitive-addition-to-the-game-here-is-why
E3 Dream (EUNE)
: We didn't have health and mana bars before when allies' icons were on the left side... For sizing of things, some things are bit too small while others are still idiotically HUGE and take up too much space... ATM I'm using smallest HUD option and game messages, bank window and HUD is too big for me....
Ummmm..... We DID have health bars before when the ally icons were on the left....
: could someone link the very popular forum thread where people asked for a completely new hud
: I think part of you feeling unsure is in some ways a healthy thing. His decision making around his ultimate used to be comparatively more simple, but now that you have all these options I think that exploration is definitely required for you to master his new capabilities. Ultimately there will be many more optimal ways to play him in every game now depending on every scenario. Experiencing failure in your quest to discover/master these new optimizations is inevitable but it is a path that I think will lead to more satisfaction when playing Teemo and becoming one with Satan himself. Lastly, I've said this in other places, but these ultimate changes should open up a lot of space for us to tune more skill based parts of his kit in the future so fear not, the Swift Scout can and will find new ways to torment his victims.
Oh kool Riot. I see you will reply to this literally worthless thread that does nothing to address ACTUAL PROBLEMS with the game, but you wont reply to the largest thread with the most up-votes (by a wide margin) on this board. People like me are quitting your game. In case you haven't noticed... http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/VMnYeBhO-the-new-hud-is-an-absolutely-terrible-and-counter-intuitive-addition-to-the-game-here-is-why
Hay5eed (NA)
: congrats, you got 420 (blaze it!) upvotes...Riot don't give a shit You know how many people play LOL? Even in just the NA region your measly 420 upvotes is but a fraction of a percent of players. Even then, are ALL of those upset about the new HUD going to flat out stop playing because of it? Probably not. If they did care they would have paid attention to all the players screaming that Katarina needs a nerf. That Blitzcrank is OP. That Quinn needs a buff. That Mordekieser has a list of over 30 bugs in his kit that have not been patched. That Yorick is still useless and only has three skins (this from back when champs released with 2 extra skins instead of one). Have the given Katarina the nerf she needs? No. Has Blitzcrank been scaled down so that he doesn't have the easiest skill shot to land in the game? No. Has Quinn been buffed or had her glitches fixed? No. Has Mordekieser been fixed? No. Has Yorick been made viable? No. Has Azir's bugs been fixed? No Instead they decided to nerf his Attack Speed (facepalm)
I understand where you are coming from, but champion balance is an entirely different realm from the HUD itself. The fact of the matter is: There is no reason why Riot can't be flexible about this and allow players to chose which HUD they want to use or simply allows us to re-position / re-size things.
Shïren (NA)
: I like how this post literally threw all logic out the window. You realize, they moved the ally things to the minimap because, GASP, youre supposed to be looking there often anyway? they literally did us a favor. we got more information in less space. Anyones a moron who thinks this update is bad. that's not to say the old one was super bad, but the positioning of those ones, was stupid. everything is STILL in youre peripheral, youre just throwing a tantrum. been playing since s2, this update wasn't needed, but its really nice.
How was my post devoid of logic in anyway? I'm suppose to be looking at the map often, so that is where EVERYTHING should go? There is less logic in that line of thinking then anything else... I particularly like having DIFFERENT locations for DIFFERENT pieces of information on my screen. I really don't need to explain my self again. Obviously, not everybody feels the same way about this update, so all they need to do is allow us to move things around or simply use the old one. There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON why they should not be flexible about this, when players spent many years of their life ingraining the old HUD into their brains.
: All you had to say is you fear change. You don't like change. Change hurts your brain. You don't like to learn a new set-up. All that was. :D Or you could have said "With the new HUD i was used to seeing things OVER HERE. Now, they're OVER THERE! I hate this thing!" If you want to say stuff like "omg i need them in my peripherals", they are. Just like the map is in your peripheral. Can you see the map? Does it strain your brain to keep track of the map even during fights? I think im going to start my own thread to bring to light all the reasons the new HUD is actually better. Why the placement is working even more for eye to info management. Looking at the map and BOOM your team info is right there. You don't have to LOOK to the left, SEE the low health teammate, THENNNN, look to the bottom right and see where they are so you can help them. You look at the teammate, and BOOM, their position on the map is right there baby. Right mofukan there. Anyone who brings up some kind of peripheral argument or management argument I've just seen no argument at all. It's not only not bad.. its better.
This has nothing to do with "fearing change". This has everything to do with the fact that people have differing opinions on how the HUD should look / feel to them. Some people, like me, feel that there was nothing wrong with the old one. Some people, like me, have actually had the old positioning of information so innately ingrained into their sub-conscious, that it was second nature to find and make use of information in game. Notice when I say "some people"? This thread currently has a staggering amount of up-votes, more then any other thread in Gameplay & Balance. That should say a lot about how this community actually feels about "change" when it is not needed. The fact of the matter is: **It was not fair for Riot to FORCE people to adapt to a new one. When there was no one complaining or having issues with the old one.** They could at least give us the option to still use the old one if we want, or simply allow us to move things around on the HUD. That is really not much to ask for at all. There is no reason for them to not be flexible about this.
: If it is not broke don't fix it. Game Design 101. Seeing how this game comes from starcraft and warcraft. its HUD should look and feel like those and not a MMO HUD. The starcraft style hud gives the designers plenty of space to give the players all the information they need to know in the game.
> [{quoted}](name=LostWarHunter,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VMnYeBhO,comment-id=00e6,timestamp=2015-07-23T23:11:08.655+0000) > > If it is not broke don't fix it. Game Design 101. Fucking exactly THIS
: > [{quoted}](name=Hitchhiker007,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VMnYeBhO,comment-id=00a9,timestamp=2015-07-23T15:45:57.691+0000) > > Let's not forget, also, that your champion's stats are not automatically displayed. But, of course, they can be toggled on. Once you toggle them on, they don't go away ... so after that, they are in fact automatically displayed unless you toggle them off again. > [{quoted}](name=Hitchhiker007,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=VMnYeBhO,comment-id=00a9,timestamp=2015-07-23T15:45:57.691+0000) > > Also, having your item slots located on the right side of the HUD is counter-intuitive because your hotkeys for them begin on the left side of your keyboard. I don't see any correlation here, or should we move all the abilities to the left side as well since QWER are on the left side? Really? You have no idea what you are talking about bro... "counter-intuitive" my ass, they are way better situated now since you can briefly see them when you look at the minimap.
How is "use-able items on the right of the screen, but key-binds on the left of your keyboard" anything but counter-intuitive?
: Strongly Disagree
Could you please state WHY you disagree, instead of making a useless comment like that?
: The New HUD is an Absolutely Terrible and Counter-Intuitive Addition to the Game & Here is Why
420 Up Votes.. How many does it take for Riot to finally respond to a thread?
Hay5eed (NA)
: "Oh no!! Someone changed the one thing I'm 100% used to!" Just chill dude. All your reasons for not liking the new HUD is because you were so used to the old HUD...thats like complaining about new summoners rift because you have a harder time identifying enemies against the new backdrop. Just give it time and you'll adapt to the new HUD layout. Having team frames at the top left or bottom right makes no difference, you're just so used to having them at the top left that you'll feel blind for awhile. Cool-down indicators are awesome IMO because they have a bright flash right when they come off cool-down, very easy to spot, plus the CD isn't too hard to see. plus look at the comments! "having all information in one corner is bad!" are you fucking kidding me? Do you know how stupid that sounds? Let me give an example: Lets say you work at a UPS store shipping things. You have a package you have to ship off. You have to weigh the package, find its destination, calculate cost for the customer, print out a label, and finally place it with the other packages that would be shipped. Would you rather... 1.) Walk to one side of the store, to the scale, weigh the package. Walk back to your desk, type in the destination, walk to the register, calculate cost, then print out a label that you have to pick up in the back, then walk out side to the truck and place it inside. OR 2.) Have a scale, computer, and register at your desk. You weigh the package, type in the destination, calculate cost. The label prints out at your feet, you deliver the package to a storage unit in the back. If you picked 2 then you have no right arguing about the new HUD layout. Instead of having to look at the top to see team kills, map to see enemy/team locations, top left to see health, top right to see your k/d/a and cs, and then TAB screen to see who is dead and their respawn timers, it is all located close to the map. This is the most efficient. you just aren't used to the most efficient method.
> "Oh no!! Someone changed the one thing I'm 100% used to!" Just chill dude. All your reasons for not liking the new HUD is because you were so used to the old HUD Why is it that everybody's counter argument to my original post in this thread is: Bro, You just aren't use to it! I DON"T WANT TO GET USE TO IT. HOW DO YOU NOT GET THAT? In fact, I created this lengthy post because of how much I don't want to get use to a change of something that I already had ingrained into my mind on a sub-conscious level. The fact of the matter is, not everyone has the SAME TASTES in how the HUD should hit their eyes. And no one should be FORCED to adapt to it, when it not only worked perfectly fine for them beforehand, but actually had become second-nature in their gameplay experience. Riot needs to understand that some people don't want to look down to the map AND NO WHERE ELSE on their screen for tactical information. As I stated, Having your eyes glance around to every different region and corner of the screen periodically is an extremely HEALTHY movement path for your eyes in a game such as this. Now, your eyes literally only have to go from mid-screen to bottom right. When before, your eyes were scanning everywhere at all times. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO MOVE MY TEAMMATE UNIT FRAMES AT LEAST FFS!!!!!!! {{summoner:4}}
: Let me know when they give us the option to use the old HUD
> [{quoted}](name=Best Rebirth EUW,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=m2zEX8cx,comment-id=,timestamp=2015-07-22T15:25:05.975+0000) > > Bye. ^_^ I'll send you a PM when they do bruh. Don't trip..
Ztoka (NA)
: Signed in to upvote and make a comment. The new hud needs to at least have the option to re arrange things. Currently, it sucks a bit and will take a lot of getting used to. I have been playing for a year and it is screwing me up. Can't imagine those folks who have been playing since the beginning. Really though, ALL aspects of their HUD should be movable so players can put the info where THEY need it most..
I realy hope Riot pulls that away from this thread more then anything. Everybody has their own unique tastes, and that is exactly what a HUD should be about. Making gameplay and tactical information more comfortable and readily available for each user INDIVIDUALLY. LET US MOVE THINGS AROUND!!!!!! {{summoner:4}}
: Let's not forget, also, that your champion's stats are not automatically displayed. But, of course, they can be toggled on. Also, having your item slots located on the right side of the HUD is counter-intuitive because your hotkeys for them begin on the left side of your keyboard.
Really good point bro. I hated the fact that the items were moved, but I didn't really mention that, as I had so much other shit on my mind about this crack-headed HUD.
: Here's what I think could be an improvement for the portrait issue. I mocked it up on a few minutes, so no points for quality. https://www.evernote.com/l/AOUTzPGHjw9L5LUNNayyJ5vqEM1oqCNiKdoB/image.png
Good shit bro! I love everything about it. I do like the idea of having a timer for ally ults... However, that can simply be done by adding a "filling" animation to the gold icon you placed above the champion portraits. Not sure why Riot didn't just ADD this instead of moving everything around, and then expecting us to love where everything is now placed, while not giving us the option to move it back.
Widder88 (EUW)
: When you want information about your teammates, you look at the map for their position and for their health bars. It makes more sence that these informations are close together now. I like the new HUD tbh.
Actually, no. Those health bars being in my periph were all i needed to know what was happening on the map. Furthermore, having your eyes scan across multiple corners of the screen at all times actually enhances you situational awareness. Whereas now, you only have to look at the bottom right corner. They opened up all that space on the left of the screen, but you don't even need to look over their anymore.. Your eyes are essentially doing nothing but moving from mid screen to bottom left screen and then back to mid.. That is all.. Before you had your eyes moving across literally every region of the screen periodically.
Azwel (EUW)
: ***
Wow bro.. I think it is actually you that is the douche bag. This thread hasn't even been up for 24 hours and it is about to break 300 up votes. Why don't YOU "think about the player base" before running off at the mouth with some bullshit hateful comment like that. I only intentionally flamed Riot in about 4 out of the 120 sentences I wrote down in my original post. I spent a lot of time writing out the post to be as constructive as possible, noting all the most important factors of the new HUD in great detail. How was it it anything but constructive? Look at this entire thread bro. Everyone in here is trying to be as constructive as possible. Why does everybody just keep telling me "You need to get use to it"? I don't want to get use to it. Unlike you, I actually NEED my teammates health bars on the left of my screen. So clearly.... Everybody has differing opinions regarding their HUD. This thread more then anything should show Riot just how crucial player customization is for the health of the HUD as a whole.
: Could you give it a fucking day before crying about it? Your peripheral vision cant pick it up? What did riot ship a 40" Monitor with the new HUD that I haven't received yet? Biggest load of crying immature bullshit, grasping at whatever straws you can because "Waaaaa its different and I don't want to spend 10 games getting used to it". Seriously, your peripheral vision? Holy shit dude.
Wow, what a prick. There was absolutely no "crying" in my original post at all. I was very clear and concise about describing REAL issues with the new HUD. And YES, peripheral vision is what the HUD is all about, and with the new HUD all the most vital bits of information are now in blind spots of your peripheral and are a lot smaller then they used to be. Your comment literally holds no bearing in this conversation.
Show more

dropadook

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion