Rioter Comments
: Zilean should be able to speed up healing-over-time effects like healing pot.
Would this change cause an enemy's ignite or other DoT to kill an ally faster since tic damage could be speed up to?
Moody P (NA)
: Top lane is shrinking to range tops and the fighters/tanks who can deal with them
I think top lane is actually the opposite of a shrinking pool. I think their are too many champs in top lane at this point. It has gotten to the point that no matter what you pick, if you are first to pick a top lane champ, there are one or two options that can counter your pick and make your lane a survival test from hell. There are a few safe picks that can sustain, but then the lane goes back to its usual story of who gets jungler presence.
: This is why you don't move in predicable patterns against skillshot mages.
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Xfx2VTWT,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-07-23T04:09:01.106+0000) > > This is why you don't move in predicable patterns against skillshot mages. And I predict you are going to want that cannon minion when I play Brand support. But you can give it up and not get it so you aren't predictable.
: Can Ignite be Nerfed Already
Aside from ignite being good, the problem I have with exhaust as support, is with how dmg is at the moment. Poke dmg is high and both the bot lane carry and support can have tons of kill pressure, so exhaust has low value right now since you can't exhaust both. Better to take ignite and go for exchange kills.
: It's not because they're high mobility and damage. It's because the damage and mobility are hard to utilize well (Say, Azir), or the high mobility is the *only* way you reasonably stay alive (Such as Yasuo, as his W isn't going to keep you alive forever). Yi is considered high-skill because of smaller, yet still very important, mechanics. Irelia is the same way. I should mention that their damage reduction abilities also both lock them in place.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YuLkw63L,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-06-20T15:22:02.986+0000) > > I should mention that their damage reduction abilities also both lock them in place. Thank God they self CC themselves to give me a chance to say my final thoughts and prayers.
: > [{quoted}](name=MyBackFlipFailed,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=I8YnNeeW,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2018-06-19T17:44:39.099+0000) > > Yi as cannot be slowed in his ult But he can be stunned or rooted. Bait the alpha and stun. {{champion:12}} {{champion:89}} do a good job of that
> [{quoted}](name=Antenora,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=I8YnNeeW,comment-id=000500010000,timestamp=2018-06-20T15:23:30.320+0000) > > But he can be stunned or rooted. > > Bait the alpha and stun. > > {{champion:12}} {{champion:89}} do a good job of that How the hell do you bait the alpha? If the Yi is good, he can hold his Alpha until he either sees Alistar Headbutt or Leona throw out e or ult. I mean the only thing that is guaranteed is a Leona Q if you can catch-up to him while walking.
: Botlane and the game in general has never seen this much diversity in a long time.
While bot Lane has more diversity, I disagree on the game in general having more diversity right now. Instead the "diversity" is trying to figure out which lane Yasuo, Vlad, Darius, Irelia and a few others are going in. Too me it is strange that there is a set of strong champions that are being picked in any lane cause their tier of power is so much higher than the rest of the cast.
KnifeCat (OCE)
: Riot, damage is way too high across the board
The funniest champ in all of this to me is {{champion:16}}. Even her dmg on lane is great enough I that forgo getting her heal except for one point early. I have much more value poking out my lane opponents. I personally level Q and E max so I can keep poke dmg going more often. Spellbind/frostfang, Aery, and scorch all together are just too good.
Danny B (NA)
: Bot Lane
Support is fine. (Plays {{champion:63}} or {{champion:7}} or {{champion:99}} or {{champion:161}} or {{champion:9}} )
: yi gets bloodrazor and guinsoos
Biggest mistake I see so many people make with Yi is the person who gets Alpha cast on him seems to always flash right into the middle of the team next to your carries so he pops up next to everyone destroys all. Flash him away the other direction! {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
: Pyke feels like utter trash besides KS'ing with his ult
I seriously think I average like 7k dmg a game with him, even though I am having some success on him. I said that in another topic that all he is good for is surprise Es (all though his waves on stealth alert he is coming) and sharing gold off of his executes. Many other supports provide better CC or damage.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Pika Fox (NA)
: No. Reforged is far superior. Fuck spending 20k+ IP just to play the game (assuming you dont buy the wrong runes because youre new to the game and dont know whats good)
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Lbttafti,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-06-09T16:50:45.409+0000) > > No. Reforged is far superior. Fuck spending 20k+ IP just to play the game (assuming you dont buy the wrong runes because youre new to the game and dont know whats good) I commented on this in the first paragraph. I do not want that outdated part if the system to come back either. I would rather see the old rune system be changeable and free in champ select like we can do with these runes. Sorry was not clear enough on that.
Rioter Comments
Yenn (NA)
: What the fuck is this Taric + Yi mid bullshit?
I ran into this strat the other day. Our mid went Liss and I picked Fiddlesticks support (luckily I was last pick) after seeing Taric, Yi, and another support for bot lane. This strategy would have been tough to defeat if we didn't have all the targeted CC we could use to keep Yi from attacking. I always find it satisfying to burn Yi and Taric's ult by having Yi run off from fear at high speed.
: Why Pyke Fails Fundamentally.
I have had a lot more success on Pyke building tank items or utility items over straight dmg items. Adaptive helmet and deadmans plate are good buys on him in my opinion. The one thing I do think he suffers in is that since he only gains hp per lvl, the slower rate that supports level at in games behind the typical carries really hurts him.
: Indeed she chooses whether to dash or not. But nevertheless you have to be prepared whenever there is a minion low on hp. Also this is part of her kit is the same as pre rework so yeah it had to be retained.
> [{quoted}](name=VanaQuish,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A1VkmXib,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-06T17:59:56.693+0000) > > Indeed she chooses whether to dash or not. But nevertheless you have to be prepared whenever there is a minion low on hp. > Also this is part of her kit is the same as pre rework so yeah it had to be retained. IMO, one of the areas League has always suffered in with regards to mobility is the fact it continues through roots and stuns. So with Irelia for example, I hit her with a root, yet she already was in Q movement towards me means she is on top of me. That is bad for a squishy mage. These dash champions wouldn't be so aggravating if dashes would be stopped upon the connecting of roots or stuns. So you can be prepared, but your effectiveness of your skill is greatly reduced.
: I actually think Pyke is pretty balanced
I honestly think him having a "support" label is a lie. His only redeeming factor for being a support is the gold sharing on his ult. For what a support can do, he is on the low to middle range of tankiness, cc, protection, and dmg. He really does not do any of them exceptionally well from my initial impression.
: Quick question, because i haven't had a chance to play him. Not to steer in a different direction, but you mention you would rather play Brand or Zyra in that situation. Would Pyke be considered a hard counter to those types of champs being used in the support role? One of the things I've heard/read a lot is that no one likes to see either one of those two down in bot as supports because they're a pain to lane against or because they take gold on kills that the ADC technically needs. Would you feel that his kit would counter not only the champions, but also the gold issue?
> [{quoted}](name=Blessed Death,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=v0gmdqbE,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2018-06-04T20:46:45.858+0000) > > Quick question, because i haven't had a chance to play him. > > Not to steer in a different direction, but you mention you would rather play Brand or Zyra in that situation. Would Pyke be considered a hard counter to those types of champs being used in the support role? > > One of the things I've heard/read a lot is that no one likes to see either one of those two down in bot as supports because they're a pain to lane against or because they take gold on kills that the ADC technically needs. Would you feel that his kit would counter not only the champions, but also the gold issue? These are my opinions just on theory and low play experience with him since it is still early with Pyke. Vs Zyra, my guess is his Q can be blocked by her plants since it interacts with minions. She can poke outside his effective range. Vs Brand, a good brand can react to him diving in with his E and getting a counter stun on him before Pyke's own stun activates. Brand can poke from outside Pyke's effective range. Both Brand and Zyra have abilities that can ignore creeps blocking them. Pyke's Q can be creep blocked and his e is an all in committing tool with a delay on the stun. You wouldn't start with his ult. These heavy poke champs give him a hard time. Also, Pyke start's with a large amount of armor which is great against the ad, but not me for AP poke. Pyke's Q for it to have CC has to be channeled briefly, which gives the opponent time to see it coming. If it connects, it can be pretty deadly like with a Blitz or Thresh hook. I just find it to be the hardest to hit of those 3. Supports like Morg can easily counter with a blackshield when he channels. Champs like Fiddlestucks will drive you crazy as Fiddlesticks can silence your Q channel or fear you off of an e. As for the gold issue, I don't see that as an issue that often. I am sure it depends on elo range, but most players I have in bot don't seem to care if the support gets the kill in exchange as we set the other two behind.
Fefnil (EUW)
: Why Pyke is having trouble as support (spoiler: he has a big size Relic Shield)
As a support player, his kit drives me crazy. On one hand, I want to set-up and protect my team through his cc. However, doing so puts you in harm's way and you die first not getting to use the ult. (Your team cleanup route.) When you want to use him to ult, you have to make sure you stay alive which means you miss out on potential set-up in fights. You are then left doing small peel work hoping your team wins enough to begin executions. (You cleanup route) If you miss an execute, it is good game with him. I also find myself doing pathetic dmg overall with him. While it feels great chaining executes, I would rather play a Brand or Zyra for more overall damage from the position. Will see how my opinion of him changes as he is out longer. Last Note - I feel he is hard countered the most out of any other support. Most supports can atleast contribute something if in a bad match-up. This guy just outright can be shut down.
Barcid (NA)
: PSA to all top-laners: help your jungler out level 1
I don't know about point 3 so much. That point is neglecting the fact the the enemy also has a top laner that could be roaming into your jungle side as well to help with the invade. That can put you in a bad 2 v 1 situation.
: > [{quoted}](name=eaglei3,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rG0aB1FK,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-06-01T21:09:54.635+0000) > > Kayle? I don't know how the new item changes do on Trynd, but he could snowball too quickly on Kayle. Kayle would have a bigger impact on fights, but Trynd had the lane. na a good kayle can get it, especially if the jg provides any ganks at all.
> [{quoted}](name=EvilxUndertonez,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rG0aB1FK,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-06-01T21:22:13.983+0000) > > na a good kayle can get it, especially if the jg provides any ganks at all. Jungle is a wild card for both sides. And Kayle is most likely the easier gank target as her E will push the lane.
Nahui (NA)
: It should not because everyone is entitled to not seeing a champion in a game. Whether you don’t like how that champion synergizes wth your own team or don’t want to run the risk of the enemy getting it, hovering a champion shouldn’t be a contract. If everyone is hovering AD, I know mid lane is optimal for magic damage so I’m going to ban out our team’s Zed or a Talon because I know a 4-5 AD team is destined for failure in most scenarios. If Tristana is horribly broken and our 4th pick ADC wants trist, I’m sorry but I can’t run the risk of letting the enemy pick her. If we need a tank and no one is hovering one, I’m banning out our top lane’s Teemo. Most “malicious” bans aren’t malicious in intent, they’re done out of logical reason. It’s rare that you get into a game and some guy plays eenie meenie minie moe to decide which teammate’s pick gets to be banned because lol troll. Whilst I don’t agree with that thought process, due to the reasons mentioned above, you can’t restrict it. And I’ll admit, I’ve had games where a single champion was played seemingly over and over and did poorly over and over. So I saw someone, again, hovered it and decided I’m not risking it again. Nothing against the player at all, it’s the champion. (Main offender is Kha’Zix). It’s frustrating when it happens, but you’re over dramatizing how much of a calamity it is when it happens. There are 120+ other champions to choose from. Yeah you really wanted to play one, but it’s not like your entire day was ruined because you couldn’t and if it was, you’re probably not mature enough to play the game. We can’t always get what we want. I main zed personally. As you can imagine, I’m used to not playing Zed because he’s been consistently high on the ban list for a couple years now. I can attest that even though I play this hated champion, I’ve only been target banned by my own team maybe .5% of my games. What I’m saying Is that it’s an extreme rarity. I’m sure our experiences aren’t matching, but I can’t imagine you’re having a much worse time if I’m playing an infamously hated champion. Just play something else. You’ll get your pick another game. It’s not worth getting angry over, and especially not worth calling for penalties and making posts over.
> [{quoted}](name=Nahui,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=snAncEHa,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-06-01T21:56:40.369+0000) > > If we need a tank and no one is hovering one, I’m banning out our top lane’s Teemo. This might honestly be one of the worst reasons I have seen someone state they used a ban. Within ones right of the ban system, but still picking on one position for not playing tank when there are other positions that can pick up a tank. Guess it just goes to show it is easier for some to try and force it instead of communicating with teammates.
: Just pick zilean into trynd, Kayle does well too.
> [{quoted}](name=EvilxUndertonez,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=rG0aB1FK,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-01T19:49:46.676+0000) > > Just pick zilean into trynd, Kayle does well too. Kayle? I don't know how the new item changes do on Trynd, but he could snowball too quickly on Kayle. Kayle would have a bigger impact on fights, but Trynd had the lane.
: Indeed. But it comes at a price his permashoving. His position can be easily exploited, he cant freeze lane, he cant hide and hard cc hurts him more than any other mage in the game.
> [{quoted}](name=VanaQuish,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YAa4G3nh,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-06-01T12:51:53.961+0000) > > Indeed. But it comes at a price his permashoving. His position can be easily exploited, he cant freeze lane, he cant hide and hard cc hurts him more than any other mage in the game. How does hard CC hurt him more than other mages? Cause his stars retract? Last I checked, hard CC interrupts many other mages from using their abilities at all ( or effeciently in the case of roots.)
: If you call for a /ff 2+ times per game the system should punish
I counter with that you should be banned for denying my FF vote more than twice and holding me hostage in a 99% chance to lose game. In games I see, the demoralizing does not come from FF votes. It usually comes from other behaviors.
bIąnk (NA)
: How do I avoid being toxic?
Remove/break/or disable your enter key while playing. You don't need the enter key to play the game. But seriously, try to remember it is just a game. I have had my fair share of aggravating experiences, but usually try to get through it by remembering not every game will have players that aggravate you. Just let it go, and know you will hit your rank naturally over time. Don't let one game get to you.
Stacona (NA)
: Nexus Towers in 8.11
I maybe could have understood this change if it happened seasons back when poke comps and siege comps actually existed. You never see these comps anymore though. (The total hp drop of Nexus turrets is too extreme though) Now with how much waveclear there is, the game essentially requires baron buff or for a team to be wiped and a bulldozing down of towers to happen. Now that the towers have even less hp, that bulldozing goes by quicker and the wiped team has even less chance to possibly spawn back.
: Raising Entry Level on Ranked Solo/Duo, and Flex 5v5.
With some of these patch changes, I feel like I am under level 30 sometimes while trying to readjust to a new patch. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
Thilmer (EUW)
: Grievous Wounds
Grievous wounds hurts Olaf and Vlad pretty well, but Mundo still does what he pleases and goes where he pleases after his ult buff.
: Attack move Priotizing towers over champs
Two things I recommend for attacking champs near turrets or that are "behind" them. Both of these recommendations are options under the game tab, then gameplay: 1) Enable "Attack move on Curser." This means that your character will auto target whatever champ, minion, or object is closest to your attack move command. This means that if you opponent is to the right of the towers, you perform the command slightly to the ground right of them so that the opponent is between your click point and the tower. If this option is not enabled and you are on the other side of the tower and try this, you will shoot the towers as having this option disabled makes you shoot whatever is closest to your character. 2) Enable the "target champs only" button as a toggle and remap it to another button since the default key is in an annoying spot. If I know I am going for a dive, I will hit that button to make sure I do not hit the tower or minions with a right click. (You can leave this as a hold, but I personally find it easier to hit the button one time as a toggle.) This also prevents you from accidentally autoing a minion when trying to get back out from under tower. Just be sure you turn target champ only off if you need to use a minion with a targeted dash to try and get out from under tower quickly. (Note you must right click for this command to work. Attack move does not work with target champs only)
Azeranth (NA)
: So, if I understand this, your complaint, is that "If I pick a weak early game character, I lose the early game" because you get bullied? I don't know if you've ever played lanes before, but yeah, that's how the game works. Go ahead and pick Maokai, a super weak early tank, into Darius or Renekton. Are you gonna cry then? There is no reason the jungle should be any different. Previously there was very little available to the enemy jungler and even less available to the enemy laners to punish greedy or weak junglers. Now successful invades and map control are rewarded heavily. Perhaps to heavily, I wouldn't mind tuning down the numbers a little, but its better now. LATE GAME CHARACTERS SHOULD SUFFER EARLY. It should take significant skill early to be powerful later. Also, You have to rely on your laners to maintain control of your jungle? Oh no, how sad. I wonder if other roles know what it feels like for someone to just show up in their area, and totally negate their ability to do anything, like in bottom when the jungle hangs in the side bush and they cant walk up while the enemy denies 3 waves to tower. Theres not even anything that the team could previously do then, because jungle camp timers are so long that they're never up and junglers can freely jack off in the enemy lane. Also, you're an idiot. Dont level 2 gank, and don't buff to buff. Thats stupid stubborn pathing and not using your brain. Buff Krugs/Gromp, Enemy Buff, FIght th enemy jungler, scuttle. Cross midlane for priority, wolves/raptor, buff, Gromp/krugs, back. Use your brain and learn to play jungle
> [{quoted}](name=Azeranth,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KAc5pyXs,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-05-20T16:59:14.519+0000) > > So, if I understand this, your complaint, is that "If I pick a weak early game character, I lose the early game" because you get bullied? I don't know if you've ever played lanes before, but yeah, that's how the game works. Go ahead and pick Maokai, a super weak early tank, into Darius or Renekton. Are you gonna cry then? There is no reason the jungle should be any different. Previously there was very little available to the enemy jungler and even less available to the enemy laners to punish greedy or weak junglers. Now successful invades and map control are rewarded heavily. Perhaps to heavily, I wouldn't mind tuning down the numbers a little, but its better now. LATE GAME CHARACTERS SHOULD SUFFER EARLY. It should take significant skill early to be powerful later. > > Also, You have to rely on your laners to maintain control of your jungle? Oh no, how sad. I wonder if other roles know what it feels like for someone to just show up in their area, and totally negate their ability to do anything, like in bottom when the jungle hangs in the side bush and they cant walk up while the enemy denies 3 waves to tower. Theres not even anything that the team could previously do then, because jungle camp timers are so long that they're never up and junglers can freely jack off in the enemy lane. > > Also, you're an idiot. Dont level 2 gank, and don't buff to buff. Thats stupid stubborn pathing and not using your brain. Buff Krugs/Gromp, Enemy Buff, FIght th enemy jungler, scuttle. Cross midlane for priority, wolves/raptor, buff, Gromp/krugs, back. Use your brain and learn to play jungle You are forgetting one difference. In top lane, I can sit back and still soak experience and poke down some CS with skills and under tower. In jungle, if you fall behind, the other jungler can set camp up in your jungle and make your life miserable. There is no exp to soak up just from being near something dying, and you are now left scrambling trying to find whatever camps you might still have available. It doesn't matter if you are a 'late game' champ cause you will never reach late game. I really don't see that being a fair comparison between the two.
: I feel like hard CC should cancel all dashes
I would think roots would make sense to stop movement, but not necessarily stuns. Roots are supposed to bind an opponent to the spot. This binding action should stop momentum. Stuns necessarily shouldn't. I picture stuns as knocking the person out, but it doesn't stop them from reaching their destination as it does not effect their momentum. They are just a briefly knocked out like a ragdoll flying through the air is how I imagine it.
saltran (EUW)
: Tristana jump can be canceled by any CC while she's in the air.
> [{quoted}](name=saltran,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=f1ZBQZaT,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-04-27T07:20:33.989+0000) > > Tristana jump can be canceled by any CC while she's in the air. It can only be stopped by another displacement that hits her after the jump and not during the buffer. Veigar's wall can stop it as well since his wall is programmed to stop movement. Any other CC that hits her has her still complete her jump to her destination and then be rooted, stunned, etc for the remaining duration at her landing location.
: Toplane has zero impact on the game
Top lane per type when against fed opponents. Fighter or bruiser Toplane - Get blownup trying to fight in teamfights by the support and adc tag team. Have fun trying to get into fight next to priority target and sticking to them. Tank Toplane - Run around hitting all your cc then realize the enemy is still alive and are ignoring you cause your team had no damage and the fed opponents do. Split Pusher - Your team decides to stay dead every minute of the game where you can't get a successful push going without the opponent running it down midlane taking your towers faster. Toplane AP - Mid lane was over there. But maybe by your powers combined, you and mid can burst down one enemy.
: someone told me "kys" and i got banned instead of them.
I don't know if it is bannable, but I personally find it undesirable for any player to admit they are stoned, drunk, or under the influence of anything. I guess it is because most of the time this is their justification to why they feel free to screw up in a game. I wish Riot would make a definite statement about this.
: Is Braum even strong right now?
I don't care if Braum had anything else, but anybody that can produce a wall that stops projectiles and saves teammates is useful.
Felbhu (NA)
: Like 70% of the time I deny a trade on ARAM, there's a dodge.
ARAM sucks when you own all champs and this happens to you. The one time you finally get Lux or someone great for ARAM and you get held hostage to trade.
: It can still ruin your day when you try to take that cannon minion.
> [{quoted}](name=The Big Piece,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XVU9F8E8,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-04-13T22:14:01.381+0000) > > It can still ruin your day when you try to take that cannon minion. Then they ruin Teemo's day by diving on him since he just blew his protection.
: Make banning pre-picked champs either not possible or 0 tolerance
If you are last pick wanting to play a current high priority champ, I am often going to ban them if you can't get a higher priority pick to take them for you. I will at least explain that on chat as well. I do not want to risk a 55% winrate champ being first picked by the opponent.
: It's not even that Jungler can gank you at level 3 when you're still level 2, it's that he also has Double Buffs, like what the fuck?
> [{quoted}](name=Marchinghigno,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IsV963gG,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-13T16:00:10.407+0000) > > It's not even that Jungler can gank you at level 3 when you're still level 2, it's that he also has Double Buffs, like what the fuck? And they are able to sustain up generally well that they are not at low health. Makes it easy to decide and gank.
: Sometime it is a good idea to dive. Sometime 1. If you have vision info that enemy jungler or other are not coming to counter gank 2. If you have a CC and enemy has no cc to stun you 3. If you have enough burst and health to kill and not die to the tower It requires some preparation. Most LCS games have 0, 1 or 2 kills at 20 min in. In Bronze, at 20 min, score in 40/40 or so. Think about it...
When I am a top laner, I am actually (at certain times) ok with me dying under enemy tower if we secure the kill and the waves are crashed against their tower. That experience they miss is valuable in a top lane matchup. It can also get a tp out of them and allow me to save mine for future opportunities.
Rioter Comments
NoPaxt (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DigiSuperMasa,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QmEI5gms,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-04-12T15:03:04.549+0000) > > it could be good but is he is good ez he gonna e every cc in lane or even if u hit and he times his e well he gonna jump away with stun Think Maokai (w) to root (q) to displace (r) if needed You can lock him down for 2-3 seconds with w/q and 4-5 second w/ w/q/r.
1st of all, these lockdown times are a little exaggerated. 2nd, I personally do not recommend playing something like Mao support into EZ. You twisted advance on to him, and he now has the fun of pulling you way out of position while you are moving on to him with the move.
: When people are playing better than you...
What is playing better though? Is it the person with the most kills? Then what about the support who has the best KDA and KPA. So it has to be KDA then, right? But what about the split pushing top laner who has commanded map control and taken most towers. So we found on least deaths? Ok, what about the sacrifice a jungler is making to set his carry up with constant double kills? Point being, better is often subjective.
Subdue (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=eaglei3,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=L1i6IjMu,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2018-03-13T21:34:45.977+0000) > > Ok, that is what I thought you did, in which I disagree. When you set the game average to 30 minutes, you are setting the time for 1 game to be exactly 30 minutes. This means to get your accurate comparison, you need to change the surrender time to reflect a 30 minute avg game as well, even if the surrender takes place at 20 minutes. This gives your lp/min of a surrender as -.67 lp/min per game. This produces a difference of about 17.8%, not 44%. Why would you consider time not played in the game as part of your calculation for LP/Min? If anything it would be closer to what was identified in a previous post, where in you would consider the 10 minutes of the next game that you were able to play sooner, and that would be based on your average LP/Min based on average game length and your average gain per win / loss per loss.
> [{quoted}](name=Subdue,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=L1i6IjMu,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-13T21:40:27.341+0000) > > Why would you consider time not played in the game as part of your calculation for LP/Min? If anything it would be closer to what was identified in a previous post, where in you would consider the 10 minutes of the next game that you were able to play sooner, and that would be based on your average LP/Min based on average game length and your average gain per win / loss per loss. Because your entire scenario assumes the game time avg is 30 minutes. That makes time a constant. It can't be a variable for calculation purposes. Just because the time is not spent in game does not mean it does not pass. I mean I can come back and say that a 25 minute game with an inhib loss has a -.672 lp/min. I am now changing the constant and throwing all calculations off.
Subdue (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=eaglei3,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=L1i6IjMu,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-03-13T20:32:44.664+0000) > > How are you getting a 44% improvement for first inhib? your expected LP/Min for surrendering at 20 is -1 LP/Min. Your expected LP/Min for playing it to 30 minutes, even with only 8% chance to win, is -.56 LP/Min, a difference of .44 LP/Min, or 44%.
> [{quoted}](name=Subdue,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=L1i6IjMu,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-03-13T21:08:09.009+0000) > > your expected LP/Min for surrendering at 20 is -1 LP/Min. Your expected LP/Min for playing it to 30 minutes, even with only 8% chance to win, is -.56 LP/Min, a difference of .44 LP/Min, or 44%. Ok, that is what I thought you did, in which I disagree. When you set the game average to 30 minutes, you are setting the time for 1 game to be exactly 30 minutes. This means to get your accurate comparison, you need to change the surrender time to reflect a 30 minute avg game as well, even if the surrender takes place at 20 minutes. This gives your lp/min of a surrender as -.67 lp/min per game. This produces a difference of about 16.4%, not 44%.
: I think if you refuse to surrender you should step up and give a gameplan
I like the ones that go nothing more than "Don't worry, we outscale late game." Ok, tell me how you expect to make it to your 4 or 5 item build while the rest of us try and stop our Nexus towers from going down with baron empowered creeps and you are currently dead on a death timer.
Show more

eaglei3

Level 100 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion