: Flamed By Riot Employee
Pretty sad how the upvote/downvote system works. This poor soul got bullied by a Riot employee, then the fanboys downvote because it's a Riot employee. If this poor soul had been bullying others in game, there would probably be people shreiking that they should be banned. Riot should do the right thing and ban their own employee from League. Fair is fair. Same rules and standards should apply to all players, not just us plebs.
: > [{quoted}](name=geeklove,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lKETvyVE,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-12-09T01:47:56.015+0000) > > Yet different groups of people all over the world have different views on the exact same subjects. That's what society is. Thus I have a right at a different view than you, and you should mind your own business. > > https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/019/304/old.jpg My group of people says i get to beat the tar out of people and leave them in a corner and thats acceptable. Mind your own business when you find your family memebers beat and bloody thanks.
Video game forums, the place where everyone goes to look for unsolicited parenting advice. LMAO
: > [{quoted}](name=geeklove,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lKETvyVE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-08T21:41:03.877+0000) > > Whatever happened to minding your own business? Do you not understand what a society is? Go live in the woods and never interact with another person and you are not my business. The second you integrate yourself into a society your poor behavior becomes the business of everyone else in that society.
> [{quoted}](name=Full Brain,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lKETvyVE,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-12-09T01:20:13.549+0000) > > Do you not understand what a society is? Go live in the woods and never interact with another person and you are not my business. The second you integrate yourself into a society your poor behavior becomes the business of everyone else in that society. Yet different groups of people all over the world have different views on the exact same subjects. That's what society is. Thus I have a right at a different view than you, and you should mind your own business. https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/019/304/old.jpg
Jamaree (NA)
: I love that we live in a timeline where Joker from Persona 5 will be fighting against Mario.
Next it'll be Ugandan Knuckles. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Z9F44ppkphQ/maxresdefault.jpg
Cloud273 (NA)
: Sora confirmed for Smash Bros?
Ugandan Knuckles confirmed for Smash Bros? https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71e1ASdA74L._SY355_.png Do you know da wae?
: Don't have kids if you are not going to raise them properly
Whatever happened to minding your own business?
: just because its an old skin doesnt mean it has to be legacy. maybe i wanted to buy fereal ww? whoops i cant its legacy, ok thats fine ill just buy grey warwick oh wait thats legacy too, ok ok lunar ww is cool so ill just buy that, NOPE also legacy etc. i dont like any of his available skins. infernal morde, shadow eve, assassin yi, and mercenary katarina were some of the first skins in the game and they're not legacy so what is exactly your point?
> [{quoted}](name=Akali Prime,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=itoELqLA,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-08T21:34:20.830+0000) > > just because its an old skin doesnt mean it has to be legacy. maybe i wanted to buy fereal ww? whoops i cant its legacy, ok thats fine ill just buy grey warwick oh wait thats legacy too, ok ok lunar ww is cool so ill just buy that, NOPE also legacy etc. i dont like any of his available skins. Grey Warwick was a prize for recruit-a-friend, you could't buy it with RP to begin with. Now you can pull it out of an honor capsule along with Medival Twitch. Game so old, you never even knew this.
: why are more than half of warwicks skins legacy?
Yeah, why would a game that's almost 10 years old have old shit? Time for legacy champions maybe?
: > [{quoted}](name=Aametherar,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=esmq1djb,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-11-28T04:14:28.209+0000) > > Have you tried paying your employees? > > I guess getting sued for unfair pay Riot realized that equal pay for all is a reality, simply don't pay people. Board Moderators are not employees of Riot. They volunteer for their position.
> [{quoted}](name=HeyItzSteve,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=esmq1djb,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2018-11-28T06:40:50.827+0000) > > Board Moderators are not employees of Riot. They volunteer for their position. Volunteering for Riot is like volunteering for Apple or Nike or Samsung. You're not volunteering to help a struggling charity, you're working for free for a company that's making millions upon millions of dollars. If people can get banned by a bot ingame, Riot should also use bots to moderate boards.
: Showerthought: It's going to be awkward as hell if Riot reworks a champ that shows up in the comics.
No it won't. How many different people played Batman or Superman or Spiderman in films? How many different Spidermen are out there? Sounds like you're making a contoversy out of a nonexistent problem. Click bait.
geeklove (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Rq2dxz4W,comment-id=000600000000000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-30T21:55:26.607+0000) > > I think I'm done with this conversation. Your comparisons are completely invalid and not at all relevant to the point at hand. Of course you're done, you don't actually have a point. You've been wrong from the first time you responded to me, trying to tell me that minors CAN enter contracts. Adults are supposed to figure out if the people they're dealing with are adults or not. Ignorance is not an excuse.
They can't possibly violate a contract they never legally agreed to. When you click "yes" to the TOS, you're entering a contract, it's like signing your name. If Riot doesn't ask you to prove your age, they're not practicing due diligence. Is it reasonable for Riot to try to establish someone's age? Yes. Do they try? Nope. No due diligence. When I buy alcohol, they ask for ID. Asking for ID is, you guessed it, DUE DILIGENCE. And where you're trying to talk to me about fake IDs, I'm talking about not asking for any ID at all. Riot does nothing to establish people's age. In Korea you can't even play online games without using a social security number to prove your identity and age. Weird how we already established in my earlier response to you that children can't enter contracts. And then you're trying to tell me children violated a contract, that they're not even bound to.
: > [{quoted}](name=geeklove,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Rq2dxz4W,comment-id=00060000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-30T21:40:08.806+0000) > > Go have sex with a questionably young girl, and then when they take you to court, try to tell them you didn't know how old she was. I think I'm done with this conversation. Your comparisons are completely invalid and not at all relevant to the point at hand.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Rq2dxz4W,comment-id=000600000000000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-30T21:55:26.607+0000) > > I think I'm done with this conversation. Your comparisons are completely invalid and not at all relevant to the point at hand. Of course you're done, you don't actually have a point. You've been wrong from the first time you responded to me, trying to tell me that minors CAN enter contracts. Adults are supposed to figure out if the people they're dealing with are adults or not. Ignorance is not an excuse.
: > [{quoted}](name=geeklove,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Rq2dxz4W,comment-id=00060000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-30T21:25:56.040+0000) > > Parents might go after the theater for not establishing the child's age. Who's responsible for establishing the child's age? The theater, you dufous. When someone sells alcohol or tobacco to a minior, they CAN indeed be punished for not establishing the minor's age. > > You live in a country where they don't care if adults sell alcohol, tobacco and drugs to children? > > HUGE difference between you telling me someone isn't responsible for not checking someone's age, and me telling you someone isn't even making an effort in trying to establish someone's age. Usually when age is an issue, the adults are supposed to you know do the adult thing and make sure that someone is old enough. First of all, I said "sneaks." At no point in history has the word "sneak" meant to gain access to somewhere through usual, legal means. The theatre _OBVIOUSLY _ cannot check the age of someone who they do not see get in. And someone selling alcohol cannot be held accountable if a falsified ID has all the markings of a real ID card and it is indistinguishable that it is a fake. And again, in regards to Riot Games, they don't need to verify age in order for this to hold up in court. If somehow someone age 18 was able to take Riot to court over something that happened in their account last year - that IMMMEDIATELY means that person falsely entered a contract since _last year they were a minor._ Any entity going to court would be able to get access to the legal age of the person they are going against if that information is relevant to the case, and Riot would simply cross reference that age with the account creation date.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Rq2dxz4W,comment-id=000600000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-30T21:53:13.988+0000) > And someone selling alcohol cannot be held accountable if a falsified ID has all the markings of a real ID card and it is indistinguishable that it is a fake. > > And again, in regards to Riot Games, they don't need to verify age in order for this to hold up in court. I never said anything about a fake ID. I said that someone selling alcohol or tobacco without establishing someone's age, could get punished. And they would be punished if caught. They are responsible for establishing someone's age and would indeed be held accountable. Riot doesn't make any effort to establish age of the people clicking "yes" to their TOS. In Korea, online games require a social security number. Legal requirement there, by law, to establish a parties age.
: > [{quoted}](name=geeklove,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Rq2dxz4W,comment-id=000600000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-30T21:18:53.493+0000) > > You can't violate something that you need to agree to, if you have no right agreeing to it. > > If you had a contract with a child, where the child was supposed to pay you 1million dollars, there's nothing binding that child to uphold that. Obviously. But a child cannot pursue legal actions against a firm that requires a contract (that they falsely entered into) with claims that said firm has somehow violated their rights and privileges within the services the child is using under false pretenses. If a child sneaks into an R-Rated movie illegally and sees things they are not supposed to see at their age, they nor their guardians can sue the theatre or movie company because the child broke rules and the law in order to place themselves in the experience they would be trying to sue over.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Rq2dxz4W,comment-id=0006000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-30T21:23:37.456+0000) > > If a child sneaks into an R-Rated movie illegally and sees things they are not supposed to see at their age, they nor their guardians can sue the theatre or movie company because the child broke rules and the law in order to place themselves in the experience they would be trying to sue over. Go have sex with a questionably young girl, and then when they take you to court, try to tell them you didn't know how old she was.
: > [{quoted}](name=geeklove,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Rq2dxz4W,comment-id=000600000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-30T21:18:53.493+0000) > > You can't violate something that you need to agree to, if you have no right agreeing to it. > > If you had a contract with a child, where the child was supposed to pay you 1million dollars, there's nothing binding that child to uphold that. Obviously. But a child cannot pursue legal actions against a firm that requires a contract (that they falsely entered into) with claims that said firm has somehow violated their rights and privileges within the services the child is using under false pretenses. If a child sneaks into an R-Rated movie illegally and sees things they are not supposed to see at their age, they nor their guardians can sue the theatre or movie company because the child broke rules and the law in order to place themselves in the experience they would be trying to sue over.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Rq2dxz4W,comment-id=0006000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-30T21:23:37.456+0000) > > If a child sneaks into an R-Rated movie illegally and sees things they are not supposed to see at their age, they nor their guardians can sue the theatre or movie company because the child broke rules and the law in order to place themselves in the experience they would be trying to sue over. Parents might go after the theater for not establishing the child's age. Who's responsible for establishing the child's age? The theater, you dufous. When someone sells alcohol or tobacco to a minior, they CAN indeed be punished for not establishing the minor's age. You live in a country where they don't care if adults sell alcohol, tobacco and drugs to children? HUGE difference between you telling me someone isn't responsible for not checking someone's age, and me telling you someone isn't even making an effort in trying to establish someone's age. Usually when age is an issue, the adults are supposed to you know do the adult thing and make sure that someone is old enough.
: > [{quoted}](name=geeklove,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Rq2dxz4W,comment-id=0006000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-30T21:13:08.712+0000) > > Yet a child cannot enter a contract with them, even if they pressed "yes they agree". Contract isn't valid based on age alone. That's my point. The contract isn't valid, so any case a minor would have against Riot Games is therefore invalid since the use of their services requires a contract that the minor has entered into using falsified information.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Rq2dxz4W,comment-id=00060000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-30T21:17:16.878+0000) > > That's my point. The contract isn't valid, so any case a minor would have against Riot Games is therefore invalid since the use of their services requires a contract that the minor has entered into using falsified information. You can't violate something that you need to agree to, if you have no right agreeing to it. If you had a contract with a child, where the child was supposed to pay you 1million dollars, there's nothing binding that child to uphold that. Child wouldn't be in the wrong, they lack the mental capacity to make such decisions. On the other hand, you as an adult would be expected to know enough, to know you can't enter into a contract with said child. And if you had any sense, you'd first establish that they aren't a child. Weird how you're trying to cherry pick what I say, yet you where already totally wrong about children not being able to enter contracts to begin with.
: > [{quoted}](name=geeklove,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Rq2dxz4W,comment-id=00060000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-30T21:07:51.208+0000) > > How does Riot confirm your age? The don't. But it's written in their contract that a specific age is required. For whatever reason if you thought it wise to pursue legal actions against them, they would be allowed to know your legal age and could cross reference that with the date of the account activation. So even if they can't confirm your age at the point of account activation, they can do it should legal proceedings ever become a thing. And if they find you to have been legally a minor during the events that you're disputing, then your groundwork for any kind of civil case (provided you had some kind of way to even take it to court to begin with) becomes extremely volatile and fragile.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Rq2dxz4W,comment-id=000600000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-30T21:11:59.862+0000) > > The don't. But it's written in their contract that a specific age is required. For whatever reason if you thought it wise to pursue legal actions against them, they would be allowed to know your legal age and could cross reference that with the date of the account activation. > So even if they can't confirm your age at the point of account activation, they can do it should legal proceedings ever become a thing. And if they find you to have been legally a minor during the events that you're disputing, then your groundwork for any kind of civil case (provided you had some kind of way to even take it to court to begin with) becomes extremely volatile and fragile. Yet a child cannot enter a contract with them, even if they pressed "yes they agree". Contract isn't valid based on age alone. And if Riot didn't confirm someone's age, they didn't practice due diligence. They made no effort to make sure the contract was valid from the beginning. And if there was an actual court case, people would be quite curious to see if Riot tried to establish someone's age... which is something they simply don't do.
: > [{quoted}](name=geeklove,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Rq2dxz4W,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2018-11-30T20:53:54.717+0000) > > **1.1. Am I eligible to use the Riot Services? (You must be at least 13 years old and an adult must accept this Agreement.) > Only people ages 13 or older may create an account or use the Riot Services. If you’re at least 13 years old, but not yet legally considered an “adult” in the country you live in, you must ask one of your parents (or other legal guardians) to read this Agreement and accept it on your behalf. You may not create or use an account or use any of the Riot Services on behalf of a legal entity or for a commercial purpose.** > > Oh look, it's right in their TOS that an adult must agree to the TOS for it to be valid. > > In what world you say? The one in which their own TOS exists. > > Fact is, children cannot legally enter contracts. Just like they can't legally vote, smoke, own money (it actually belongs to their parents), etc, etc. It also states that you must have a legal adult accept this agreement on your behalf in order to make the account and use the services. So on principle, if you are a 13-17 year old in the US who has NOT gotten a legal adult to accept the TOU on your behalf, you are basically forfeiting any legal rights you may have had to begin with, however few they are. In short, if you are not legally allow to enter a contract and you enter a contract anyway, you have no claims whatsoever.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Rq2dxz4W,comment-id=0006000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-30T21:04:57.749+0000) > > It also states that you must have a legal adult accept this agreement on your behalf in order to make the account and use the services. So on principle, if you are a 13-17 year old in the US who has NOT gotten a legal adult to accept the TOU on your behalf, you are basically forfeiting any legal rights you may have had to begin with, however few they are. > In short, if you are not legally allow to enter a contract and you enter a contract anyway, you have no claims whatsoever. How does Riot confirm your age? How do they confirm that someone's parents gave them permission? None of what your saying changes the fact that children cannot enter a contract with Riot. Riot makes no effort whatsoever to confirm people's age.
: > [{quoted}](name=geeklove,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Rq2dxz4W,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-11-30T20:21:46.172+0000) > > All these people talking about the TOS seem to ignore the fact that minors can't enter contracts, don't own money and lack the mental capacity to vote, smoke, drink and gamble. In what world can a minor not enter a contract? Apple (mainly iTunes), Google, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, etc. etc. ALL have terms of service and behavioral guidelines that one is REQUIRED to read an accept upon activation and usage of those services. So I know you're not about to sit here and tell me that Apple and Facebook are shit out of luck when trying to pursue breaches of their Terms of Service against teenagers who violate their rules.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Rq2dxz4W,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-11-30T20:30:50.433+0000) > > In what world can a minor not enter a contract? Apple (mainly iTunes), Google, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, etc. etc. ALL have terms of service and behavioral guidelines that one is REQUIRED to read an accept upon activation and usage of those services. So I know you're not about to sit here and tell me that Apple and Facebook are shit out of luck when trying to pursue breaches of their Terms of Service against teenagers who violate their rules. **1.1. Am I eligible to use the Riot Services? (You must be at least 13 years old and an adult must accept this Agreement.) Only people ages 13 or older may create an account or use the Riot Services. If you’re at least 13 years old, but not yet legally considered an “adult” in the country you live in, you must ask one of your parents (or other legal guardians) to read this Agreement and accept it on your behalf. You may not create or use an account or use any of the Riot Services on behalf of a legal entity or for a commercial purpose.** Oh look, it's right in their TOS that an adult must agree to the TOS for it to be valid. Obviously you didn't actually read the TOS. In what world you say? The one in which their own TOS exists. Fact is, children cannot legally enter contracts. Just like they can't legally vote, smoke, own money (it actually belongs to their parents), etc, etc.
Darkness7th (EUNE)
: how to file a lawsuit against Riot Games Company
All these people talking about the TOS seem to ignore the fact that minors can't enter contracts, don't own money and lack the mental capacity to vote, smoke, drink and gamble.
: automatically banned unfairly
Typing in chat is a bannable offence, pretty simple really. What kind of idiot would even consider typing in chat? Imagine you were graded in school this way. Can't give a kid a B or a C or a D or an F, lest they feel offended. Can't tell them what mistakes they make, lest they feel bad about it. Why are people able to downvote me? It's just as negative as being negative ingame. I find it offensive.
: Words of Wisdom
"it's only a game" "get gud"
Lyite (NA)
: Ideas to fix some toxicity in league, riot employee recommended i put it here.
Paul 024 (NA)
: Refund skins on banned account? If not, isn't that stealing on Riot's part?
I understand why Riot wants to separate the worst of the LoL community from everyone. I also get, that their eventual goal is to get the worst offenders to simply quit. This runs 100% counter to the whole Tyler1 being reformed storyline. Tyler1 got the opportunity to reform, while so many others are being shoved out the door. Why not match the most toxic players with each other? Why not give people some sort of way to learn from their mistakes, without it costing someone hundreds of dollars? Although we don't "own" anything in LoL, people do own other digital products such as music. What happens to your digital music collection when you die? Can you give it to someone in a will? I can include records or CDs in a will. Ownership rights of digital products is a conversation that's not going to vanish, despite one TOS for one game. ** Although LoL has a TOS, many of the people playing it aren't old enough to enter a contract on their own. Just like many of the people playing LoL aren't old enough to own money, technically it's their parent's money. They're not old enough to drink, smoke or vote either.** I'm sure the OP is a jerk. Riot could do a better job communicating that people don't own anything ingame, perhaps a prompt during every purchase.
: Can I possibly view a private chat from a year ago?
: > [{quoted}](name=geeklove,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=q2wxkbw6,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-13T19:04:46.542+0000) > > Pentakill was their "boyband", until it wasn't and they added Kayle. So they should do the same thing to K/DA and add some dudes. ... I'm guessing you forgot Sona was always part of the band?
Yeah, Sona is always so... forgettable.
: > [{quoted}](name=geeklove,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=q2wxkbw6,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-13T18:06:02.567+0000) > > Riot so sexist, K/DA has no men. Well... ask for a boyband then!
> [{quoted}](name=Asobi Spirit,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=q2wxkbw6,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-11-13T18:57:32.516+0000) > > Well... ask for a boyband then! Pentakill was their "boyband", until it wasn't and they added Kayle. So they should do the same thing to K/DA and add some dudes.
Nhifu (NA)
: How come the community has such a low impact on champion balance?
Or Riot could post a list based on internal data, instead of a list based on people's feelings.
: K/DA 5th member? Loading Screen Banner?
Riot so sexist, K/DA has no men.
: Riot Games sued over 'bro culture'
What makes this all so sad, is the fact men made Riot successful. Both in terms of Riot's creators and the fans that support them. If LoL was made exclusively by women, for women, it wouldn't even exist. How many females did you see on the pro teams at World Championships? Myths about women being as good as men suddenly fly out the window.
: I missed the Iron Division Announcement
You'll need to have skin as strong as iron when dealing with your team mates.
: Hey guys looking for feedback on how to reform/spend time when a teammate is afk for 20 minutes
D. Stop typing in chat. Literally don't type a single word in chat.
: If you are honor level 0 or 1 do you get the ranked border next season
If you want to call Riot stupid for punishing people who rage in game and are toxic, you can. But you won't get rewards for being toxic.
: And so going by this logic you have no right to speak either correct? So why are you here being a hypocrite?
> [{quoted}](name=WeAreTheRatClan,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=bx6toVPX,comment-id=000000000000000000010000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-28T01:30:56.039+0000) > > And so going by this logic you have no right to speak either correct? > > So why are you here being a hypocrite? Suddenly you don't like insults? You like them when you call me delusional. Now you you want to about hypocrisy?
: G2 got 3-0'd so IG is probably going to win
G2 should be happy they got this far as a team that had to go through play in stages. They're definitely no favorite.
: You think it's an insult instead of stating a fact. Proving my point~
> [{quoted}](name=WeAreTheRatClan,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=bx6toVPX,comment-id=0000000000000000000100000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-10-28T00:52:10.923+0000) > > You think it's an insult instead of stating a fact. > > Proving my point~ Insults are your only arguments. "Delusional" is your argument. You think you're a doctor. You're "point" is an opinion, something you can't actually prove. You also lack the necessary skills or training to have a valid opinion on the subject matter. You use it as an insult. It would be no different from me calling you a doo doo head
: You're delusional and need help.
You think insults are arguments.
Shazzbot69 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=geeklove,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cKBUpVUi,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-10-27T19:25:49.273+0000) > > How did someone get your password? Do you use the same password for multiple accounts on multiple platforms? Do you used the same username and password for multiple games or your email? How strong is your password? How often do you change your password? Why exactly are your actions Riot's fault? What exactly did Riot do to get you hacked, if anything? > > Who are you going to blame when you leave the front door to your house unlocked and wide open, the mailman? > > Why are you pointing fingers when you haven't actually demonstrated how it's Riot's fault that you got hacked? Just because OP needs to be better that is no excuse for rito to be lazy. What you're saying is like saying the cops shouldn't do anything just because I left my door unlocked. Stop excusing rito's laziness.
> [{quoted}](name=Shazzbot69,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cKBUpVUi,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-10-27T19:51:39.113+0000) > > Just because OP needs to be better that is no excuse for rito to be lazy. What you're saying is like saying the cops shouldn't do anything just because I left my door unlocked. Stop excusing rito's laziness. Riot isn't being lazy. Nothing about the OP's post says anything of the sort. At no point has the OP shown that Riot did something that compromised their account or data. Riot isn't the cops. Cops aren't responsible for you closing your front door either. It's your front door. Fact is it's the OP's password, and they're trying to shift the blame on someone else when there's a good chance they did it to themselves. When someone uses the same password/username on multiple websites and games, that's laziness. It tends to be the simplest explanation as to how people get hacked. They use the same username/password on a shitty site that gets hacked and then that username and password are used on a game like LoL or WoW. Don't blame the game company, blame the lazy users. I've literally seen posts on these forums where people claim their multiple accounts all got hacked, because they all used the same password. Riot can't force you to use different passwords and usernames for different websites and services.
Shazzbot69 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=geeklove,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cKBUpVUi,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-10-27T19:35:46.792+0000) > > There's not much for someone to do. It's not like we actually own anything in League anyways. > > Whereas credit cards companies are holding my actual money. Not really. That is not how credit cards work. That is how debit cards work.
Don't tell me how my credit card works. It's my credit card and it has my money on it. It's actually sort of funny that you're trying to explain to me how my credit card does or does not work. Funnier still because I added money to it earlier in the week.
: Why am I being downvoted? I am telling you the truth. This is my FIRST SUSPENSION.
> [{quoted}](name=Frugal Aesthetic,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GMLlWqsA,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-10-27T19:32:10.252+0000) > > Why am I being downvoted? > [{quoted}](name=Frugal Aesthetic,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GMLlWqsA,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-10-27T19:03:39.520+0000) > > Frugal Aesthetic: hitler did nothing wrong > Frugal Aesthetic: hltler did nothing wrong
: > [{quoted}](name=geeklove,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cKBUpVUi,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-10-27T19:25:49.273+0000) > > How did someone get your password? Do you use the same password for multiple accounts on multiple platforms? How strong is your password? How often do you change your password? > > Who are you going to blame when you leave the front door to your house unlocked and wide open, the mailman? While password duplication is a frequent culprit in these cases, Riot *really* should have two factor authentication as an option by now. If someone gets your credit card you can have the charges dropped. The credit card company works with you. If someone gets your League account you can't undo the damages.
There's not much for someone to do. It's not like we actually own anything in League anyways. Whereas credit cards companies are holding my actual money.
jenofon (EUNE)
: Hey Riot wanna up your security a lil :/
How did someone get your password? Do you use the same password for multiple accounts on multiple platforms? Do you used the same username and password for multiple games or your email? How strong is your password? How often do you change your password? Why exactly are your actions Riot's fault? What exactly did Riot do to get you hacked, if anything? Who are you going to blame when you leave the front door to your house unlocked and wide open, the mailman? Why are you pointing fingers when you haven't actually demonstrated how it's Riot's fault that you got hacked?
: Has anyone else had a problem with Riot doing this?
I'm happy Riot is cracking down on account sharing and buying/selling accounts. I remember what champions I bought first. I wouldn't post that info on the forums as it's a part of account security. For all I know threads like this are just a trick to get people's info.
: There's already a cure for cancer but the government will not allow it to go public because it would crash the economy
: Do I deserve to be banned?
> [{quoted}](name=Frugal Aesthetic,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GMLlWqsA,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-10-27T19:03:39.520+0000) > > Frugal Aesthetic: hitler did nothing wrong > Frugal Aesthetic: hltler did nothing wrong You deserve to be banned. You're toxic. You're cancer. If you lived in Germany they'd put you in jail.
: It's amazing that for whoever discovers a cure to cancer will have their whole lives set
Unless they post their cure for cancer on 4chan, just like that guy posted a math proof anonymously. https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/24/18019464/4chan-anon-anime-haruhi-math-mystery
C0l0urless (EUNE)
: If someone types "I'll troll" it's rather safe to assume they won't play well.
Yet I've been in plenty of games where people have said "I'll carry" and they didn't.
: Riot you really dont seem to learn.
Creating engaging content that attracts viewers and brings new players to the game takes skill.
dattista (EUW)
: > Just because someone is trolling on champion select doesn't mean they suck at LoL or they'll intentionally feed. They're trolling on champion select because they don't want to wait after dodging, so they're trying to dodge by proxy. theres an argue already going on and hes said himself hes going to troll, also the aatrox WAS SUPPORT like wth you mean they can be good at league?????
Can you predict someone's jungle path or KDA based on a couple of jokes in Champ select? Can you gauge mechanical skill from a few words typed in champion select? You honestly can't tell how good or bad someone is based on what someone types. You can make a guess or assumption at most. Are you the best person on your team 100% of the time? If you're not, then it's reasonable to say the best player on your team might be that troll. It's definitely a possibility.
: Except your wasting your time and everyone else's time by playing with a troll. Also the fact that the troll may not get punished,even more so if they know how to troll while avoiding the system.
Trolls who are trying to get people to dodge, clearly know how to win. They'll get you to dodge and waste your time. You won't have a chance to report because you didn't play. Just because someone is trolling on champion select doesn't mean they suck at LoL or they'll intentionally feed. They're trolling on champion select because they don't want to wait after dodging, so they're trying to dodge by proxy. If you are the troll's proxy dodger, the troll has won. You just did their bidding.
Show more

geeklove

Level 81 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion