koshkyra (NA)
: What is your main problem with the game right now? (Poll)
Where is the GC and the balance team are doing a terrible job and should be fired choice?
gottrjr (NA)
: Once again Riot removes a thread that criticizes an employee
There were plenty of good comments on that thread. There was no reason to lock it. This isnt the first time they have removed or "locked" a thread because somebody has criticized their employees and it needs to stop. How about their balancing team follow the "golden rule" and stop screwing up a game we like playing? And this whole, you have to be nice mentality to get your point across is oppressive. Let people say what they want to say and deal with it.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Why Safe League Players Will Never Climb and Why Feeders Determine 94% of Games
> [{quoted}](name=Salt and Light1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EhM9Lmbh,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-01-03T21:19:32.369+0000) > > Hey all, > > I just wanted to throw some thoughts down here and see what everyone has to contribute. I have played LoL for 4 seasons now and two thing I have consistently heard RIOT emphasize is the want to > > 1) Allow teams to feel like they have a chance to come back in a game. > 2) Make LoL a team game with a healthy and balanced in-game environment. > > However, many updates in the past two seasons have gone against this. Whether RIOT wants to admit it or not, LoL has become extremely volatile ("tending to fluctuate sharply" - dictionary.com) in Bronze, Silver, and Gold (probably in higher levels as well, but this is all I can speak for). Meaning games are not close, there is a low chance you can actually impact your game in a positive way, and there is not a balanced environment. Here were my two tests: > > 1) Play 50 ranked games in silver 1/silver 2 and mark subjectively whether or not I felt like they were "competitive". > 2) For those 50 ranked games, was there a player on either team that 7 kills in 10 or less minutes (we will call this fed). > > For the first test I found that only 13 games were competitive in the 50 that I played. For the other 37 games one team dominated from start to finish, taking most of the objectives, having lane pressure in all three lanes, collected the majority of the kills, and won rather quickly. (Side note: In my opinion, game times in Bronze-Gold would be considerably shorter if people knew how to finish. I think that the data RIOT collects on game time at these levels is deceptive and doesn't actually represent how long the game is competitive.) > > For the second test, I was AMAZED to find that in 31 games there was a player that had 7 or more kills by the 10 minute mark. This means that well before laning phase ended, more times than not, there was a player on the map that had a huge item and gold advantage and could steamroll the game. > > To me the correlation is very clear. As these updates have provided more and more ways for players to "carry", "get fed", and "impact the game", that is exactly what is happening. The problem is, the way that it is happening is UNHEALTHY for the game. I went back and looked at the same 50 games and found that in 29 of those games, a player had died 7 or more times by the 10 minute mark. In 20 of the games, one of the bot lane pairs had died a combined total of 10 or more times in 10 minutes. Out of the 29 games, only 2 games were won by the team that had a "feeder" and only 1 game was won by the team that had a "bot lane duo feeding". > > This is alarming to me. > > _**What this is showing is that winning a game of League is highly correlated with you not having a feeder on your team, more so than anything else.**_ > > In some ways this is the nature of the game. If someone on your team is bad, or is having a bad game, you are going to lose more often than not. What is NOT okay is that when you have a player on your team that is bad, you have close to a ZERO percent chance of winning. ESPECIALLY, when the LP system is set up to only reward a win! > > LoL is a 5-man team game. One player should not be able to wield the sort of power to throw a game so consistently. _Again, every 3 in 5 games had a "feeder" and if the "feeder" was on your team you only had a 6% chance to win the game._ This virtually means that only those who hard carry will be able to climb, and even that is not true to a certain degree, you also need to get lucky and not run into "feeders". > > In an attempt to be optimistic, here are some potential solutions: > > 1) Tower Strength > - Increase how hard towers hit. Literally every player in LoL is calling for this and there are posts every day showing tanks sitting under tower taking 50-100 tower shots and walking away with half health. Allow towers to protect players and reward them for playing safe - this will allow "feeders" to feed less. > > 2) Base LP gains at least partially on performance: > - Why is this not a thing? RIOT had a huge post-season summary for each player showing how they performed in many areas. So why not use this in the MMR and LP system? I personally laughed for about 10 minutes when I saw my statistics. As a mid-laner main I averaged a 3+ kda over the course of 300+ games last season. This along with every single other statistic put me in the Diamond tier level. Apparently I ward at a master tier level. The problem is I play safe and conservative, I die less than 5 times in 99% of my games, but I rarely average more than 8 or 9 kills. Trust me RIOT, I am an Economist by trade, I understand the perverse incentives by basing some LP gains on performance, but if you make it black-box and marginal its a win-win. > > 3) Stop rewarding boom and bust playstyles > - Over the past two seasons, towers have been made weaker, minions give you more gold, and kills/objectives give you more gold. Which _already rewards those who are carrying._ Sadly, the new rune system now incentives carrying even more. Runes like eyeball collection and many others that give adaptive AD and AP based on kills has led to the average game consisting of 1 person getting massively fed, and many players "busting" and being extraordinarily weak because they are going for the "carry rune and item setup". Again, carrying is great, but should you have a 94% chance to win based on you having 7 or more kills at 10 minutes alone? Should this really be the only factor? Why can't the player that is up by 20 farm and hasn't died by the 10 minute mark and has picked up one or two kills be rewarded as well? There are not runes for that play style. > > > In summary, I am sorry for the long post, but I hope it really leads to some good discussion here on the boards. A comment from a RIOTER would be on point and greatly appreciated. I have a lot more data and thoughts to back each of these points, so please feel free to directly ask me questions below, I just didn't want to make the post any lengthier. > > With love, > Salt and Light1 > > PS: I did not post the games because it seems like those posts always get taken down. But feel free to contact me and I will screenshot them to you. In addition, I don't think any of the above statistics are that surprising if we are honest with ourselves. LoL feels volatile at the moment. No one I am talking to is playing close or competitive games consistently. > > Edit (17 hours after initial post): > Wow thank you for all of the comments guys! I want to address two concerns that I am seeing mentioned in some comments. The first is sample size and subjectivity. I am not trying to pass this off as a scientific finding or perfect study. I completely understand and agree that there is a ton of room for flaw here. My main goal was to just start a conversation based on some observations that I had made over the course of 50 games. Second, please don't comment if the only thing you have to say is, "if you were good enough you would climb". This isn't helping anyone. Instead, how about you post some helpful tips that allowed you to climb - I know many people here would be interested in that, thanks! :) Good post m8. I have been playing HOTS for a few days now and the three things I like about the game that LOL should implement are; 1. Shared XP. This would go a long way to help teams stay at a more balanced level and remove some of the snowballiness of fed champions. 2. No last hitting. Last hitting is not player friendly (especially not new player friendly). Games can be won simply by having better CS. CS'ing is boring and a waste of time in a game that Riot keeps trying to snowball. 3. Starting with all 3 abilities. This speeds of games drastically without having to increase minion damage or reduce tower power. Seems like a simple way to speed things up. Aside from that, and to the OPs point, matchmaking is clearly terrible. The whole matchmaking system needs to be redone so that matches are actually balanced. Other things that I wouldn't mind seeing: 1. Damage is way to OP this season. Stepping 1 pixel out of position and I am CC locked and killed. Nobody wants to fight for fear of being deleted. 2. It would be nice if all champions could be played in the jg. I like playing various champions but dont really like laning that much. It would be nice if ANY champion would be viable in the jg.
: > [{quoted}](name=NotSid,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=A3QsWM5T,comment-id=000100000000000000010000,timestamp=2017-11-29T08:42:18.549+0000) > > Yes it is -- in Canada, anyway. > > But it really is essential to our daily lives now. > > Bills are paid online. > Shopping is being done online. > Many many other things are done online now. Im confident less than 5% of the total time you spend online are on those "essential" tasks. Most of the time you're jerking off, playing videogamea, or watching youtubw/anime. Bills can be paid in person. People do it. I do it. Not essential. Convenience =/= essential.
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=A3QsWM5T,comment-id=0001000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2017-11-29T09:03:53.913+0000) > > Im confident less than 5% of the total time you spend online are on those "essential" tasks. Most of the time you're jerking off, playing videogamea, or watching youtubw/anime. Bills can be paid in person. People do it. I do it. > > Not essential. > > Convenience =/= essential. For consumers, the internet may/may not be essential. Really there are too many factors to consider to rule out either of these as options. For businesses, the internet ie transmissions over wires via ISP, is in many cases essential. Amazon is a good example of this. They have no store for you go go purchase or pay at. They are dependent on the internet for their business. So one would have to assume that if it is essential in some cases then it should be made essential for everyone to avoid issues with the need for the service.
: unfair matchmaking
They will never fix matchmaking. Shitty matchmaking and shitty balance will doom this game. I already know tons of people that have stopped playing.
Rioter Comments
: Wut... Your post literally says. Remove stuff cuz theres too much stuff Add stuff cuz now theres not enought stuff cuz i removed stuff. Why not just not remove stuff...
> [{quoted}](name=NocturnalSheild,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=rwFEZcUi,comment-id=005d0000,timestamp=2017-11-17T18:49:17.574+0000) > > Wut... > > Your post literally says. > > Remove stuff cuz theres too much stuff > > Add stuff cuz now theres not enought stuff cuz i removed stuff. > > Why not just not remove stuff... A couple more items vs 5 different rune pages is vastly different.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: November 17
Congrats on making balancing even more idiotic with the new runes. Honestly, you should get rid of runes, stack everything important like MR, AP, AR, AS, AD in the champs kit. Then you only have to focus on item balancing. And if you limit items to specific roles it makes it easier to balance. Y'all are making the game way too complicated to balance. At some point you won't be able to keep up with it and it will implode. Add 3 more item slots to the game. Create some more items to fill specific niches that the runes are filling and call it a day. It's just silly the amount of work you are creating for yourselves for no good reason. Peace morons.
Jorbee (NA)
: they make too much money to care for our irrelevant a55es
> [{quoted}](name=Jorbee,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=AAhduEEA,comment-id=00080001,timestamp=2017-11-17T06:25:29.314+0000) > > they make too much money to care for our irrelevant a55es True story.
: Banned after 5 Years
> [{quoted}](name=LittleSauce2000,realm=OCE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=AAhduEEA,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-11-16T13:52:11.377+0000) > > Started league of legends 5 years ago, I use to never be toxic but the longer I experienced salt from others it started to rub off where it then escalated. My first ban (14 days) was when I typed "kys" in the chat (literally the only thing I said negative that whole game) and fair enough I was hit with the consequences. After experiencing this I came to realize that OCE's tribunal is actually doing their job ;) so decided to not let others get to me. But the one fateful ranked game after coming off a win with Azir a fellow summoner playing Kayn comes into my lane and dies. I then fairly state "please don't come back to my lane" which led to a not so happy Kayn response and the negative exchanges carried on till my nexus exploded at 32min and 28 secs. > > I am in no way saying what I did was not wrong I just want fellow summoners to know that the second they press enter on that message sprinkled with salt there is no going back and to just mute the Kayns of the world. > > I've lost the only account I have that was first created in season 2 and since then scrapped up a $1000+ inventory with over 2.5k hours. > > I'm going to take this Ban and learn from it. I will not attempt to appeal the ban till I feel I have become reformed which can take anywhere from 3 months to 2 years +. > > Thanks guys, > LittleSauce Bans, and Riot for that matter, are fucking stupid. I pay thousands of dollars and have my account banned because people want to talk shit. One day litigation will catch up with virtual purchasing so that companies can't take items you paid for. The best course of action is get a smurf and don't pay for a fucking thing which is what I am doing. Keep releasing those skins, I ain't paying for shit.
Bestowed (NA)
: Former Plat 3 player - I played since Season 1, everything turned horrible after Season 5. I don't know, ADC is probably the worst role to play. I remember when you can get 3 kills as Vayne and most likely dominate the game afterwards if you didn't make any huge mistakes afterwards. Now you get one shot AF by assassins easily, not really rewarding. Most of my friends stopped playing. Not sure if it's because of life but I had like 8-15 people from school always playing. Now it's completely dead. The veteran players haven't played in months and maybe even years. I can't exactly express what subtle changes have been made but I felt it going downhill since Season 5. Season 2-4 was amazing and fun. It was stressful, but fun. RN we'd watch highlights on Youtube but not play the game, it's kinda weird. I kinda miss playing 3-4 hours every day on this thing. I suppose I'll work on my business and social life instead of this. I never comment on forums I was seeing if there were posts just like this.
> [{quoted}](name=Bestowed,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ye2LAIMM,comment-id=001a,timestamp=2017-11-12T00:58:17.587+0000) > > Former Plat 3 player - I played since Season 1, everything turned horrible after Season 5. I don't know, ADC is probably the worst role to play. I remember when you can get 3 kills as Vayne and most likely dominate the game afterwards if you didn't make any huge mistakes afterwards. Now you get one shot AF, not really rewarding. > > Most of my friends stopped playing. Not sure if it's because of life but I had like 8-15 people from school always playing. Now it's completely dead. The veteran players haven't played in months and maybe even years. I can't exactly express what subtle changes have been made but I felt it going downhill since Season 5. Season 2-4 was amazing and fun. > > RN we'd watch highlights on Youtube but not play the game, it's kinda weird. This is probably accurate. They made a lot of changes going into season 5 and 6. They removed team builder which pissed a lot of people off and they added dynamic q which pissed a lot of people off. Jungle changes happened and people were not happy about that. In total they havn't really made a lot of 'good' decisions. The community constantly bitches and Riot for the sake of LCS quietly ignores the community. I feel that these new Runes are going to alienate more players and I am already seeing players play less because of the Runes let alone the IP/BE changes. Riot constantly ignores the community but the community is the group you should be listening to the most. These are the people that are taking the time out of their lives to provide feedback.
: Well, this preseason proves once and for all that the game is headed in the wrong direction
> [{quoted}](name=LesVitesses,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EFwgXt7P,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-11-09T10:38:22.531+0000) > > So when will Rito consider doing something about Ghostcrawler? Medler is kinda derpy too. Most of his decisions are pretty stupid.
LazyW0lf (NA)
: Is anyone else just not having fun?
I dislike the update as well. Too many pages and choices that it is overwhelming. Honestly they dont even need Runes or Masteries. Just get rid of this shit and put everything on items or champions stats. Easiest way to balance the game. Right now the game feels lackluster, boring, and confusing.
Rioter Comments
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=gottrjr,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZRoYq3dL,comment-id=000100000001000000000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2017-11-06T14:55:29.094+0000) > > I don't understand why anyone would defend MMR system (winrate system that can be easily manipulated) over a system where real win % by champion is used (along with tons of other data that can be used for matchmaking). This isn't defending the system, this is calling you out on what you are really saying. You are saying the MMR system is bad because it gives you bad players, where your system would not only give you bad players but throw the whole system out of wack for no reason. Ok, so play rate and win rate should be taken into consideration then, alright, so when a challenger player plays a champion for the first time they should be placed against bronze players then, how would that be fair?
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZRoYq3dL,comment-id=0001000000010000000000000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2017-11-06T18:50:19.093+0000) > > This isn't defending the system, this is calling you out on what you are really saying. You are saying the MMR system is bad because it gives you bad players, where your system would not only give you bad players but throw the whole system out of wack for no reason. > > Ok, so play rate and win rate should be taken into consideration then, alright, so when a challenger player plays a champion for the first time they should be placed against bronze players then, how would that be fair? MMR is trash. Thinking and talking about a new better system is the first step. Which we are currently doing. I dont profess to have all the answers. The only thing I am doing is proposing that we use real data. Not just 1 piece of data like your challenger example but all the data, as much as possible, to formulate a better match making algorithm. In your bubble of an example, yes it doesnt make any sense, but if you add other data to it like total games of ranked played, champ mastery (maybe they practiced in normals first which makes sense), elo they are currently in, average damage on X kind of champions, current winrate, etc., it then makes more sense. What really gets me is peoples unwillingness to even consider that another form of a match making system would be viable. Ok, let's assume my suggestion for a different system is complete rubbish. What then would a better system include? Instead of fighting that my idea is trash maybe our time would be better spent working together to theory craft a better system. My goal is to see less one sided stomps. Less poorly matched games ie adc is first time vayne or jg that hardly ever jungles against a jg main. The current system cannot currently account for these types of issues. I want to remove these bad matches and not necessarily just bad players.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=gottrjr,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZRoYq3dL,comment-id=0001000000010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-05T16:28:51.211+0000) > > You are not getting it. It would reduce the amount of bad players because real stats would be used for matchmaking. No, it wouldn't. You think any player that does poorly is a bad player, even with your system, you would still get players that do poorly so you would still assume the system is bad.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZRoYq3dL,comment-id=00010000000100000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2017-11-05T22:31:44.180+0000) > > No, it wouldn't. You think any player that does poorly is a bad player, even with your system, you would still get players that do poorly so you would still assume the system is bad. I don't understand why anyone would defend MMR system (winrate system that can be easily manipulated) over a system where real win % by champion is used (along with tons of other data that can be used for matchmaking).
: > [{quoted}](name=gottrjr,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZRoYq3dL,comment-id=000100000001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-05T17:30:20.506+0000) > > Sorry I don't agree with those stats being bad. Those stats are better than MMR will ever be. Real data is real data not BS MMR. MMR is "real data" though, just as real as Win Rate, KDA, or CS. Let's say you use all those other numbers to match people together. You need to form some sort of conversation for KDA to Win Rate to CS to come up with an evaluation of how good a player is. Is 0.5% win rate worth 0.5 KDA or 50 CS? Who knows, but you need to figure that out. Your combined number is now MMR... And people will complain about it no matter what. The difference between it and normal MMR is that it's harder to calculate and has more flaws. For example, how long would it be before you complained about people not grouping up to try and win because they thought the game was lost, preferring to stay away from the fighting so they could preserve their KDA and increase their CS? How supports and tanks, struggling to keep their carries alive, end up getting worse teammates than those they protected? Your "solution" is to alter what's most important in the game, rather than keeping the focus on winning the game. > I am clearly on the fix matchmaking (regardless of what it changes in match Q) team and you are on the MMR is fine team. That's fine but MMR is trash. If anything, I'm on Team Logic and you're on Team "I don't want to think about it I just want it to be better". I'm fine coming up with a way to improve Matchmaking, but I'm not a fool and I don't support changes that would make the system significantly worse.
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZRoYq3dL,comment-id=0001000000010000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2017-11-05T18:37:30.021+0000) > > MMR is "real data" though, just as real as Win Rate, KDA, or CS. > > Let's say you use all those other numbers to match people together. You need to form some sort of conversation for KDA to Win Rate to CS to come up with an evaluation of how good a player is. Is 0.5% win rate worth 0.5 KDA or 50 CS? Who knows, but you need to figure that out. Your combined number is now MMR... And people will complain about it no matter what. The difference between it and normal MMR is that it's harder to calculate and has more flaws. > > For example, how long would it be before you complained about people not grouping up to try and win because they thought the game was lost, preferring to stay away from the fighting so they could preserve their KDA and increase their CS? How supports and tanks, struggling to keep their carries alive, end up getting worse teammates than those they protected? Your "solution" is to alter what's most important in the game, rather than keeping the focus on winning the game. > > If anything, I'm on Team Logic and you're on Team "I don't want to think about it I just want it to be better". I'm fine coming up with a way to improve Matchmaking, but I'm not a fool and I don't support changes that would make the system significantly worse. I have clearly explained many times how to make matchmaking better than the winrate trash MMR system. Use the good stats. Use the KDA, use the champion win %, use the number of wards placed, use the heal and shied data, use the damage %, use the CS per minute, use this real fucking data. Not hard to wrap your small mind around is it?
: > [{quoted}](name=gottrjr,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZRoYq3dL,comment-id=0001000000010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-05T16:28:51.211+0000) > > You are not getting it. It would reduce the amount of bad players because real stats would be used for matchmaking. MMR *is* based on your real stats: it's based on your Wins and Losses against players that Matchmaking thinks are better or worse than you (based on their Wins and Losses). You can't base it on how good they are on a given Champion because you don't pick your champion before queuing up. You can't base it on KDA because then you encourage players to avoid any situation they might die in, even if their death would win the game. Total number of games played doesn't mean someone is good, it just means they play the game more frequently. Games played as X role is also a bad idea, since people can trade roles. If you go off of what role they see you at in game then I've officially played Jungle Xerath in Ranked, because I helped my Jungler fight off an early invade. You've come full circle in your idea, reinventing MMR because you're fed up with MMR.
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZRoYq3dL,comment-id=00010000000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-05T16:42:29.655+0000) > > MMR *is* based on your real stats: it's based on your Wins and Losses against players that Matchmaking thinks are better or worse than you (based on their Wins and Losses). > > You can't base it on how good they are on a given Champion because you don't pick your champion before queuing up. You can't base it on KDA because then you encourage players to avoid any situation they might die in, even if their death would win the game. Total number of games played doesn't mean someone is good, it just means they play the game more frequently. > > Games played as X role is also a bad idea, since people can trade roles. If you go off of what role they see you at in game then I've officially played Jungle Xerath in Ranked, because I helped my Jungler fight off an early invade. > > You've come full circle in your idea, reinventing MMR because you're fed up with MMR. Sorry I don't agree with those stats being bad. Those stats are better than MMR will ever be. Real data is real data not BS MMR. I am clearly on the fix matchmaking (regardless of what it changes in match Q) team and you are on the MMR is fine team. That's fine but MMR is trash.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=gottrjr,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZRoYq3dL,comment-id=00010000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-04T20:45:04.102+0000) > > It would be way better. MMR is trash. Any person with any logic can see that MMR matchmaking is a pile of shit. You aren't getting it. Even if MMR wasn't a thing AND we used your system, you would still get bad players.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZRoYq3dL,comment-id=000100000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-05T03:33:09.288+0000) > > You aren't getting it. Even if MMR wasn't a thing AND we used your system, you would still get bad players. You are not getting it. It would reduce the amount of bad players because real stats would be used for matchmaking.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=gottrjr,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZRoYq3dL,comment-id=000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-04T00:57:25.683+0000) > > As long as it made matchmaking better I would not care. It wouldn't be better, exact same experience and you would still bitch
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZRoYq3dL,comment-id=0001000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-04T03:34:41.327+0000) > > It wouldn't be better, exact same experience and you would still bitch It would be way better. MMR is trash. Any person with any logic can see that MMR matchmaking is a pile of shit.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=gottrjr,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZRoYq3dL,comment-id=0001000000010000,timestamp=2017-11-03T21:15:54.472+0000) > > Number of games played total, games played on X champion, games played as adc, games won, games lost, kda, champion win %, mastery level, etc.... Ok, you use this track, you would still get players who would feed and this would make queue times even longer.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZRoYq3dL,comment-id=00010000000100000000,timestamp=2017-11-03T22:40:41.135+0000) > > Ok, you use this track, you would still get players who would feed and this would make queue times even longer. As long as it made matchmaking better I would not care.
: "Let's make things worse in protest of this bad thing"
> [{quoted}](name=2nd Chance,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZRoYq3dL,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-11-03T21:17:54.320+0000) > > "Let's make things worse in protest of this bad thing" Positive forms of change request are not working so there are no other alternatives.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=gottrjr,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZRoYq3dL,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-11-03T20:08:55.673+0000) > > This is not true. They need to use real data for matchmaking and it would be MUCH better. MMR is the problem. What real data? What magic real data are you talking about?
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZRoYq3dL,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2017-11-03T20:44:22.037+0000) > > What real data? What magic real data are you talking about? Number of games played total, games played on X champion, games played as adc, games won, games lost, kda, champion win %, mastery level, etc....
Jamaree (NA)
: Matchmaking is never going to be fixed, because humans are impossible to properly put into tiers. You feel as if matchmaking is broken because when you get someone who feeds, you think they deserve lower then to be with you without realizing that bad games happen. Matchmaking could be perfect and you would still think matchmaking is bunk because you get "bad players"
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZRoYq3dL,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-11-03T17:06:16.885+0000) > > Matchmaking is never going to be fixed, because humans are impossible to properly put into tiers. You feel as if matchmaking is broken because when you get someone who feeds, you think they deserve lower then to be with you without realizing that bad games happen. Matchmaking could be perfect and you would still think matchmaking is bunk because you get "bad players" This is not true. They need to use real data for matchmaking and it would be MUCH better. MMR is the problem.
Rioter Comments
gottrjr (NA)
: Fix your fucking matchmaking for the love of god
There are like hundreds of threads on google with this topic. Why hasnt it been fixed?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
CLG ear (NA)
: Don't ever get fat
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cZ5ATzWE,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-10-30T15:52:08.841+0000) > > Losing weight is a lot more difficult than gaining it. > > Do yourself a favor and don't get fat It's really easy to lose weight. Don't eat a lot. :-D
: This isn't about me, stop dodging the point. What purpose do you have for acting that way towards others?
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WfEEZ3Br,comment-id=0012000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-27T23:27:34.704+0000) > > This isn't about me, stop dodging the point. What purpose do you have for acting that way towards others? Pretty sure I already stated the point in another post but if Riot is doing stupid shit they deserve to know it. Many people post eloquent "nice" posts and it falls on deaf ears so no reason you cannot post "not nice". I mean the problem is that everyone expects a certain politeness but it doesn't have to be that way all the time.
: Yes, otherwise it is purely spam / harassment. If you have something you want changed, then calling people stupid for doing it wrong is slightly understandable. Misguided, but understandable. If you're just doing it for the sake of doing it then you're wasting space and interfering with valid discussions.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WfEEZ3Br,comment-id=00120001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-27T23:08:49.964+0000) > > Yes, otherwise it is purely spam / harassment. > > If you have something you want changed, then calling people stupid for doing it wrong is slightly understandable. Misguided, but understandable. > > If you're just doing it for the sake of doing it then you're wasting space and interfering with valid discussions. By whoms standards is it undesirable? Your standards? They are just words. Get some thicker skin.
: What exactly would that accomplish?
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WfEEZ3Br,comment-id=001200010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-27T22:19:33.762+0000) > > What exactly would that accomplish? Does it have to accomplish something?
: I'm pretty sure that if you talked to someone on the street like some people talk to others on these boards you'd get your face punched in. Don't be an intolerable asshole, it's not accepted in public. The boards is public the same as the street. So don't be a prick here.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WfEEZ3Br,comment-id=0012000100000000,timestamp=2017-10-27T21:56:11.199+0000) > > I'm pretty sure that if you talked to someone on the street like some people talk to others on these boards you'd get your face punched in. > > Don't be an intolerable asshole, it's not accepted in public. The boards is public the same as the street. So don't be a prick here. I can handle myself. If your stupid I will tell you your stupid.
: Buddy life is not about balance. Good and bad do not go hand in hand, and they shouldn't. They are just words but words can imply disrespect. Irl I would never let someone talk the way I've seen some people talk on these boards. I think all that the mods want is that people treat each other with a baseline respect; I think this is what most people do irl anyways.
> [{quoted}](name=SnakDatSmilesBak,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WfEEZ3Br,comment-id=00120001,timestamp=2017-10-27T19:21:52.468+0000) > > Buddy life is not about balance. Good and bad do not go hand in hand, and they shouldn't. They are just words but words can imply disrespect. Irl I would never let someone talk the way I've seen some people talk on these boards. I think all that the mods want is that people treat each other with a baseline respect; I think this is what most people do irl anyways. You are mistaken. Balance is everywhere. Good is a real thing as is bad. No reason I should have to treat anyone other than the way I want to. But judging by your logic, they are just words, so who cares.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: October 27
Dr Poro (EUW)
: There is a difference between a bad comment and harrassment. You can say that the rioter that a rework/change sucks and is stupid. But when you say that the responsible rioter should get fired or commit suicide, that's obviously too far. Then there's a grey zone, though, when you attack the person but not severely "Rioter X is stupid because..."
> [{quoted}](name=Dr Poro,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WfEEZ3Br,comment-id=00120000,timestamp=2017-10-27T13:59:53.005+0000) > > There is a difference between a bad comment and harrassment. You can say that the rioter that a rework/change sucks and is stupid. But when you say that the responsible rioter should get fired or commit suicide, that's obviously too far. Then there's a grey zone, though, when you attack the person but not severely "Rioter X is stupid because..." Most of us are paying customers. Saying a rioter should get fired because we do not like the way they are conducting business is within our rights. That is not harassment. Commit suicide is harsh and probably should be moderated. If Riot employess are making stupid decisions then they should be told they are stupid.
Wuks (NA)
: Moderation of "Golden Rule", specifically regarding Rioters
> [{quoted}](name=Wuks,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WfEEZ3Br,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-10-27T04:24:04.911+0000) > > Effective immediately, we will be moderating the Boards to more closely reflect our original intentions of the "Golden Rule". As per the [Boards Universal Rules](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/4LgZ2EwM-universal-rules): > > We understand that there are certain topics you're passionate about, and we've been able to see time and time again that game balancing is one of those topics. Historically, we've been relatively lenient on these types of comments, as we didn't want to stifle criticism. Today, we are putting our foot down and ensuring that everyone on the Boards, Rioters and players alike, are treated with respect. Folks who engage in harassment against another will be given a warning, and repeated attempts to harass players will result in suspensions. > > If you have something to say, you can do so respectfully. Isn't life about balance? Shouldn't good comments and bad comments go hand in hand? If somebody is allowed to be praised should they not be allowed to be flamed as well? Why the kid gloves? Why sugar coat everything? People need to get thicker skin. This over protection mentality is sad. They are just words.
: Serious Talk: People need to chill out about the Balance Team
> [{quoted}](name=ShadowParker,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=abZrqEHd,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-10-26T19:02:01.312+0000) > > The fact that one of the posts at the top of the boards is that riot's balancing team needs to be changed is just sad. > > Did they overbuff Galio? Yes. They've also given their thoughts on why they went through with it and to be honest, I can understand their mentality. > > I *HATE* that despite how many wins the balance team achieves, they're still told they're shit at their job. > > The balance team is great, and has done a fantastic job of trying to balance this game and flesh it out. > > And before someone whips out the ardent censor fiasco, ardent censor was buffed in 7.2 and wasn't changed for a long time before it became "op". > > To everyone reading this thread that disagrees, grow up already. If you want change, you don't bitch and whine. You have a goddamn civil conversation with actual reasoning. I mean, if you are good at your job you should make few mistakes. They have internal testing, they have pbe testing, they have common sense, yet, galio, and many other ie ardent, mistakes keep happening. If these level of mistakes kept happening at my agency then they would be relieved of a job. You grow up. Realized that continually making giant mistakes it not acceptable.
: What if MMR was measured in KDA? I know it sounds nuts but what if every team was matched with people to even the other teams KDA? This just sounds like a simple solution. Thoughts?
> [{quoted}](name=Oak Island ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WmzLEAhE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-10-26T10:37:25.430+0000) > > What if MMR was measured in KDA? I know it sounds nuts but what if every team was matched with people to even the other teams KDA? This just sounds like a simple solution. Thoughts? i have posted this concept on these forums for like a year. They need to fix how matches are made because MMR is complete trash. MMR doesn't take into consideration ones skill with a champion. KDA would be a good indicator as would champion mastery. Can you guess what the problem is? KDA and Mastery cannot be calculated until after a champion is selected and since you select a champion in the Q you cannot use those. You would have to change how matches are created but Riot refuses to listen to intelligent logic. Most likely they have an idiot director in charge that don't know shit about systems. I have even posted the method for achieving a new system and to a degree they have implemented a portion of it. They removed the pick ban phase that lcs uses which is a step in the direction of a new Q system for solo q. The new system would have a player select the champion they want to play and the kind of comp they want to have and the ban they want to use. THEN you would Q into the lobby or game. Adjust any runes, masteries, and spells. Then the game starts. EZ PZ.
: Auto fill is a mechanic introduced to reduce que times.
If we are going to be forced to autofill then we should not be penalized for dodging autofilled games.
Rexxiee (NA)
: I think this whole galio fiasco shows that this balance team needs to be changed
Rayven (NA)
: Preseason Healthbar Update
You should put the health numeric value somewhere visable around the healthbar.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
gottrjr (NA)
: Just had a nocturne forget smite
It is really hard to win a game without Smite and this is 100% Riots doing since they tied the JG item to smite. Objective security is really hard. Maybe there should be a warning before the game starts or something.... I mean I am trying to climb but auto losses for not bringing Smite do not seem fair.
gottrjr (NA)
: Morgana JG
Are you guys serious? Do you think you can with the game with a Morgana JG. The answer is, most of the time, you are not going to win. Trolling should be a reportable offense this way I won't get in trouble for flaming.
  Rioter Comments
  Rioter Comments
Show more

gottrjr

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion