: void probably. ma guy has 3 fingers and purple skin.
> [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KPq2gJK2,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-08T21:07:38.410+0000) > > void probably. ma guy has 3 fingers and purple skin. Less than 5 fingers...purple skin...sounds like a Yordle to me. A big honking Yordle, but they do have that "glamor" thing going on.
: HYPE!
Swimbananas DOES still exist! '#missthevideos
: Ya, they always flash away..
That's why you counter-flash to stay behind them {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}}
Nhika (NA)
: Why does Yuumi provide everything?
(dude complains about Yuumi "doing everything") *laughs in {{champion:497}} *
: The only thing 'healed' is a boost in max health based off of a percentage of their bonus health, so it's really just a max hp increase. Don't be a turd.
> [{quoted}](name=ANearMiss,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qPMYzXjj,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-15T12:42:44.804+0000) > > The only thing 'healed' is a boost in max health based off of a percentage of their bonus health, so it's really just a max hp increase. Don't be a turd. Current and Max HP are both increased on cast, but after the duration only Max HP is removed. They only 'lose' Current HP if their Current HP becomes higher than Max HP. Example: Ashe is at 1 HP out of 1000, Lulu ult's Ashe for +450/+450. Ashe is now at 451/1450 HP. After 7 seconds (assuming no other changes) Ashe loses the +450 Max HP and is now at 451/1000 HP. It is not -technically- a heal (e.g. Grievous Wounds does nothing to it), but it is -effectively- a heal.
: Bot match, buy/place a control ward immediately, and play the rest of the game. That should give you the warding score needed even though it won't be properly reflected in your scoreboard.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZdTkWzcr,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-02T06:54:06.584+0000) > > Bot match, buy/place a control ward immediately, and play the rest of the game. That should give you the warding score needed even though it won't be properly reflected in your scoreboard. ^This^ Also recommend using Ashe so you can randomly fire E's across the map.
OSJK (NA)
: I got that one. Use the oracle lens, then destroy whatever wards you find. You only need to do 2 of them.
> [{quoted}](name=OSJK,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZdTkWzcr,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-02T06:23:45.951+0000) > > I got that one. Use the oracle lens, then destroy whatever wards you find. You only need to do 2 of them. Reread the post: > [{quoted}](name=JarodDempsey,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZdTkWzcr,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-02T04:22:19.721+0000) > > me (someone who plays aram)
: only 1 jungler???
: i didn't know panth had an update going on for him.
Last week: https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/04/champion-roadmap-april-2019/ "Let’s talk about the next VGU we have planned after Mordekaiser. It’s none other than the Man, the Myth, the Legend, Pantheon!"
: > [{quoted}](name=Armenian Bot,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=EKZEZzEf,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-04-30T18:18:19.354+0000) > > Tomorrow ty
For future reference, most things are announced the day before they actually happen.
: How long til we balance the champs so they all stay at 50% WR?
> [{quoted}](name=demonicthomas,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KYGXW3Os,comment-id=0028,timestamp=2019-04-27T18:57:49.179+0000) > > How long til we balance the champs so they all stay at 50% WR? Won't happen, can't happen. Balance them so everyone is in the neighborhood of 50% WR is potentially doable (but there are arguments about how far out is 'ok' versus 'too much'). There are many factors involved why they can't be balanced, some examples: The game is the same at Iron as it is at professional levels, getting champs to be near 50%wr in both is nigh impossible (some kits can do it, many can't) The 'rock/paper/scissors' effect. There will always be good matchups and bad matchups, and you can't really balance to get to 50% against any/all opponents Too many moving pieces, everything winds up interconnected and one small number tweak on a champ has larger effects than on just that one champ
mosholol1 (EUNE)
: Listen i do not like rito but people who work on new champs is way different than people who update old champs and riot sucks in alot of things but presenting new champs and updating champs rito is really really good at this
> [{quoted}](name=mosholol1,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MAU53ybw,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-04-24T19:34:22.110+0000) > > but people who work on new champs is way different than people who update old champs Nope. Same people do both/either: https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/04/champion-roadmap-april-2019/ "Way back in 2017, our Champions team and Champion Updates team combined into one super force, that way we could work on whatever we felt like made the most sense."
Jaspers (EUW)
: Base stats are weird. Kayn has the base mana regen of an Enchanter support. Soraka has the lowest HP regen but she literally gives her HP to others. Talon has 7 more MR than everyone else because he has to survive in lane against mages... like everyone else. Why does Irelia have 200 range? And don't try asking anyone around here why Pyke has the highest base armour in the game. All they do is say 'But he can't build HP'. I know he can't, why does he have the highest armour? He can build that. No one has ever answered my question as to why the dead man has higher armour than a living legend carrying a magic shield, a metal robot girl or a rock.
> [{quoted}](name=Jaspers,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=jBgzBuYw,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-04-18T09:55:38.731+0000) > > Soraka has the lowest HP regen but she literally gives her HP to others. ... Why does Irelia have 200 range? Soraka has bad HP regen because it limits how much she can W spam, and because her Q is 'extra' regen. Irelia is probably the "flying blades" gimmick. She has longer range because she doesn't have to be holding the blade like everyone else.
: Now I understand why champion who use Deathdance + health items are soo much stronger,
>true damage Yes, but no. True damage is involved, but has pretty much nothing to do with why Death's Dance is good (the delayed damage pool has already been reduced by your Armor/MR, it's not going to let you 'double dip' and reduce it again. Thus while it is 'technically' True Damage, it really isn't). It delays some incoming damage. This means it takes 'extra' damage if they want to 1-shot/burst you. If I have 2000 HP, and they burst me for 2000 HP, I don't die right away because 600 of that is delayed. They can either try to do that extra 600 damage NOW (which is actually more than 600 but...), or I get a couple extra seconds to do something other than die. Likely actions are hit them (Life Steal) or get a heal/shield from someone.
Nazgul10 (EUNE)
: Why can't URF become a permanent mode?
The Official answer: https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/12/ask-riot-urf/ >URF makes some people stop playing League. >... >In other words, some people binged on URF, and then suddenly stopped playing League. And the size of the dropoff indicates that it’s not just people coming back for URF and then leaving afterwards.... after we turn on URF, total games played go down, as do overall game hours. And they don’t recover for a long time, if ever. "
Cloud273 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9JEmUdRs,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-09T20:05:41.018+0000) > > The reason those users are doing reviewing those games as such is because they're trying to criticize the developer for doing the exclusivity deal, not because the games themselves are bad. Steam was also making efforts to only remove the new ones that were in an effort to slam 2K games and Gearbox. These players can't review a game they don't own on steam and they won't own it on steam for another 6 months after release. > > That said, TheQuartering on YouTube suggested a developer review system that would allow players to review devs separately from the games. This would likely solve the problem Steam is currently dealing with while maintaining the voice of consumers. It doesn't matter why they're doing it. People should be able to leave a review (whether it's good or bad) for ANY reason they want.
> [{quoted}](name=Cloud273,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9JEmUdRs,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-04-09T20:09:58.708+0000) > > It doesn't matter why they're doing it. People should be able to leave a review (whether it's good or bad) for ANY reason they want. Say I don't like Skyrim. Leave a bad Skyrim review on Skyrim page? Yes Leave a bad Skyrim review on Fallout page? No Leave a bad Skyrim review on Stardew Valley page? No Leave a bad Skyrim review on Amazon while searching for Tablecloths? No The whole point of reviews is actually reviewing the thing in question. You don't throw a dart and drop a review wherever you feel like.
: > [{quoted}](name=grarrrg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gzH3nUEm,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-04-08T08:20:59.767+0000) > > Gee. Feels bad when someone dodges, doesn't it? > > Have you tried, oh, I don't know...Rerolling? Attempting to Trade? Just sucking it up because the whole point is getting a champ you may not like? many wont give a champ to melee champ. like no one ever want shyvana they would rather see me dodging but look i had wonderful game recently but we got rekt hard. at least with those champs i could do something instead jumping into perma CC with burst damage to die receiving 5K damage in 0.2 seconds.
> [{quoted}](name=Wizard Blaze,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gzH3nUEm,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-04-08T09:07:20.203+0000) > >they would rather see me dodging Again, being hypocritical. You complain about others dodging, but when you do it "they wanted me to".
: Today i dodged ARAM champ selection 8 times in row. there is no All Random in that game mode and
> [{quoted}](name=Wizard Blaze,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gzH3nUEm,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-08T05:57:01.724+0000) > > and let me explain. in this 8 dodges >... > HOORAY! you know why? i got something would be fun. BUT NO > NO someone dodged. Gee. Feels bad when someone dodges, doesn't it? Have you tried, oh, I don't know...Rerolling? Attempting to Trade? Just sucking it up because the whole point is getting a champ you may not like?
: That is a bug that has been present for awhile. Nidalee was the bot in slot 1. The statement is from Blitz. It can get creepy hearing someone like Graves using Annie's lines....
Fiddlesticks gets bonus bug points. Anyone attempting one of his lines gets a "fiddlesticks_chat_message_error" thing instead.
Psi21 (NA)
: One last thing as more experienced ARAM players have seen. ARAM changes to towers has made it much more productive to have your team go static lethality or Mpen (not percent) for these stats effect damage to the enemies tower much more sharply. It now is possible with these types of item made up teams to go back and forth but have a better chance at a break away to clear the towers in fast push to end the game. IE weakened towers are weak. Too many things were not thought about when they rolled out these changes.
> [{quoted}](name=Psi21,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8wvEMk7e,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-04-06T05:30:45.382+0000) > > Too many things were not thought about when they rolled out these changes. They aren't exactly changes. They are experiments to see what happens, and how players handle things. Some of them might become permanent, I highly doubt most of them will.
: Apparently it's possible to get unwanted champions deleted through support, at least that's what someone in a reply said to me on YouTube. Yeah that change can work but it's a fundamental change to the game as well which not everyone would appreciate, I think many just want to have a chance to get forced to play something that's bad and attempt to still perform on it.
> [{quoted}](name=balbraaksel,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8wvEMk7e,comment-id=000e00010000,timestamp=2019-04-08T07:12:15.757+0000) > > Apparently it's possible to get unwanted champions deleted through support, Confirmed. You have to put in a support ticket, and they double/triple check that you are CERTAIN you want the champ gone, but they will do so.
Saezio (EUNE)
: Meanwhile, tanks still in the gutter, still no real tanky keystone. (Grasp is very unrewarding except for very few champs and aftershock only good for people it's not intended for) Riot need to remove the secondary tree and balance the primaries around their main audience so for example inspo secondaries are not constantly gutted because non-supports pick it as secondary. Too many variables for Riot's team. Runes mean too much and there is actually no room for versatility when that was the whole concept of having so many different runes. They even made it more friendly to champs that shouldn't be using a tree by changing the passive buffs to stat-stones or however the fuck they called, so for example ADCs picking secondaries not meant for them don't lose AttSp or be stuck with a bad passive. Exactly the opposite of what they should be doing.
> [{quoted}](name=Saezio,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gownEsII,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-07T15:07:48.802+0000) > > balance the primaries around their main audience > >there is actually no room for versatility > > They even made it more friendly to champs that shouldn't be using a tree Your middle point kind of contradicts the other two.
: What's the advantage of a difficulty 3 champion to a difficulty 1 champion?
Difficulty has little to do with "winning". It's a combination of factors: ease of entry, how 'clicky' they are, how hard it is to pull off their combos (if they have any), etc... Annie: count to 4 > alpha strike Aurelion Sol: requires constant attention to positioning, as that's his prime source of damage. 1 of his abilities does nothing in a fight, another toggles how he has to position himself, leaving him with 1 'attack' ability and his Ult.
: I sure hope some of these balance changes aren't permanent, cause some seem unfair(or I could be wrong ofc). Like the -12% dmg nerf to Teemo, which is a champ that lacks range and can easily be countered by a 300g item Nida gets a 15% dmg buff even though she has poke + healing and a Sona's nerf seems to be very harsh, 3 massive nerfs. Even though she does everything(heal+shield+dmg), she does it very poorly compared to everyone else. Also wondering if Riot will ever consider changes to vision Aram bushes, just seems unfair to me how certain champs can easily reveal vision inside the bush with certain abilities (looking at you Cait >.>), but obviously others abilities like Lucian W maybe seem fine....tbh idk
> [{quoted}](name=Jyú Viøle Graće,realm=EUW,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=dI098AU0,comment-id=0044,timestamp=2019-04-05T12:46:09.581+0000) > > I sure hope some of these balance changes aren't permanent, cause some seem unfair(or I could be wrong ofc). > > Like the -12% dmg nerf to Teemo, which is a champ that lacks range and can easily be countered by a 300g item > > Sona's nerf seems to be very harsh, 3 massive nerfs. Even though she does everything(heal+shield+dmg), she does it very poorly compared to everyone else. https://lolalytics.com/aram/worldwide/platinum/plus/champions/ Sona is listed as THE BEST champ at a 65.7% win rate (for comparison, '2nd best' only has a 62% win rate). She deserves the nerfs. Teemo is sitting at a ~60% win rate.
Urgash (EUW)
: I believe some of those changes are excessive, in particular Bans and the 900 unit range nerf which affects Blitz's Q for example. And that Champion specific nerfs and ups are going to require constant attention from Riot if they want to keep this up, right now ARAM is an assassin-melee fiesta, sure you guys nerfed poke, probably a bit too much in my opinion. Bans have shifted from xerath/lux/sona/ziggs/fiddle to Yasuo/Irelia/Zed etc etc, which in my opinion is a telling sign. Backtrack is fine, nerf to runes and warmogs is also fine to me.
> [{quoted}](name=Urgash,realm=EUW,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=dI098AU0,comment-id=0049,timestamp=2019-04-07T16:55:06.482+0000) > > I believe some of those changes are excessive, in particular ... the 900 unit range nerf which affects Blitz's Q for example. The problem with Blitz's Q is not the damage it does.
Zzaff (NA)
: what does this mean 'Win 1 game with having cast Backtrack at least one time'?
From the intro: "For more information on the experimental changes during ARAM - Back to Bilgewater!, please check out the..." https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/03/dev-more-experimental-aram-changes/ "New Summoner Spell: Backtrack"
: I like how Demolish, Overgrowth and Ultimate Hunter were "Bad", but I thought those were most of the times the best runes of their tree. Well now I think they are busted LOL.{{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
I didn't think Demolish was weak/strong so much as sometimes it was the ONLY choice that your champ could actually USE in that row.
: > [{quoted}](name=Beldori,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=u7R0FYeq,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-03-11T02:33:43.938+0000) > > Except for its not completely RNG you can create a account that's is meant for urf only with champs you only want to play, same issue in arams really and until riot makes it where every champ is unlocked for everyone then folks will try to game the system It's still a base of 30 champions from the past 3 rotations.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=u7R0FYeq,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-03-11T02:42:14.744+0000) > > It's still a base of 30 champions from the past 3 rotations. 42 champions. They've been doing 14 each week (~10%) for well over a year now.
: And how exactly is making urf RNG supposed to make it more fun?
This is why ArUrf: https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/12/ask-riot-urf/
: Stormrazor needs crit to be viable. Otherwise it will always be the wrong choice. It is supposed to synergize with the energizer crit items, but without crit itself it creates an anti synergy by taking up an item slot that something with crit should have instead. Hopefully riot realizes this soon because I like the idea of boosting the energizer effects.
It adds 60 AD, that synergizes pretty well with Crit actually.
Partack (NA)
: Still no love for fiddle =/{{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
LET THE MAN(?) DANCE ALREADY!!!!
: Patch 9.5 Notes
Am I the only one complaining about _VIRIDIAN_ Kayle getting Chromas?
Diawblo (NA)
: ***
Patches are announced the day before they go live.
: What is 9.5 release time
Psych notes are always announced the day before it changes.
: when does this actually take effect? i am still on the rotation with zed and khalista at the moment.
Free Rotation is always announced the day before it changes.
: New free champion rotation: Akali, Twitch, Ryze and more!
Holy Copy/Paste Batman! 11/14 are the same as ~10 weeks ago! "Random" champs on rotation....
: when will more skins and champs be 50% off its been the same like all week :({{champion:427}}
They changed up how they do sales at the beginning of the year. Specifics are lacking, but it looks like ~20 'things' are on sale for a full week at a time.
: {{champion:254}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:89}} {{champion:131}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:127}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:92}} are all fully/appropriately armored. {{champion:222}} while still skinny isn't sexualized. {{champion:429}} {{champion:61}} Then you have undead and robotic females. {{champion:84}} I'd argue that Akali is sexy, but her figure (body fat %, amount of muscle, boob size) is actually quite appropriate an typical for a martial arts practitioner. There really aren't many champions that are blatantly sexualized. Realistically, the way female champions look in this game make sense. They have good muscle tone. They have low body fat %. Some are more or less curvy than others (are you really gonna start shaming Riot over female body types?). They look like this because it's how their world shapes them. They're fucking warriors for fuck sake - they're going to be fit. More women would look like this IRL if they hit the gym a few days a week.
Dat yordles tho... {{champion:117}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:18}}
: Is it possible to reverse a ban if the reporter sends Riot the request?
> [{quoted}](name=Dakkimchi,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mIn8EPbR,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-04-16T21:13:43.278+0000) > >Now, I do agree that "kys" is too far Bingo.
: > [{quoted}](name=Boatwhistle,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=3ngUO18o,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-02-18T07:35:08.400+0000) > > He was a jungler, and is gone. He was categorized as a support in the client but was *played* as a Jungler. And yes, he is gone.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=3ngUO18o,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-18T07:37:08.442+0000) > > He was categorized as a support in the client but was *played* as a Jungler. For the record "Support-Category" is different than "Support-Lane". Support-Category usually means "has ways to directly benefit allies (e.g. Shields) or has moderate/high CC options. (note there is no "Jungler-Category", and no "Tank-Lane")
: There should be an enhanter that grants AP to round out the options.
So you kind of want Old Zeke's back? https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Zeke%27s_Harbinger
Kalikain (NA)
: Riot is banning the wrong people.
I'm going to assume they do ban them, but the offenders know _exactly why_ they got banned, so don't go complaining about it. There's also the possibility that the people that like to flame-chat, just like to type. Whereas the feeders/griefers aren't big on words.
SpudBud (NA)
: No I mean the CHROMA bundle not the skin bundle. I don't care for the ward is the reason why.
Fiora/Vi are 880RP, 50% off is 440RP Chroma bundle is 3130RP 3130 - 440 = 2690 should be Or you could just open the in game store and see that it is 2690 if you have the champ already.
: {{summoner:14}} Personal Opinion Warning! Sensitive People Beware!{{summoner:14}} Loving the duality of perspectives in the splash arts, environments for both are excellent as well. Loving the sleekness and darker color scheme with bold coloring for Vi's skin. The carnage in the background of Vi's splash are a good touch as well, considering Vi's personality. However... {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} Fiora's skin looks confused. It appears as if it is trying to be a traditional Fiora skin with the slender, but deadly stature, but at the same time trying to be a poofy "Queen of Hearts" type skin. The presence of 3 separate quilted AND lace textures do not mesh very well the metallic undertones. It looks like she couldn't decide whether she wanted to go out for a leisurely stroll through her kingdom or participate in a heated arena bloodbath. Not sure if this dichotomy(?) was intentional or not. Something I would suggest (as a rando Summoner with no professional art experience) would be to switch the gold coloration for a silver one. tl:dr good job overall, but Vi's looks a little better in terms of quality and consistency. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} Also, y u no sell icons for blue essence anymore?{{item:3070}}
>Also, y u no sell icons for blue essence anymore? They started doing Missions, and usually have an icon as a reward for those. So the 'essence icons' are now 'free/mission' icons. ... but not every skin/theme gets matching missions...
DadSion (EUW)
: I get what you mean but that particular analogy makes no sense. I feel i personally run faster without shoes. Shoes also aren't the #1 factor in winning race, it's completely due to ability. I will not beat usain bolt in a race because I'm wearing better shoes than him... I can tell you also for a fact after playing sion for years that i've gotten S's and S+'s for worse records. Maybe it's changed since, irrelevant either way considering the score I got was most likely far into the top 5%...
> [{quoted}](name=DadSion,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A6LxPquT,comment-id=000d00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-05T19:13:44.426+0000) > > I feel i personally run faster without shoes. And yet every single Olympic athlete still wears shoes, and doesn't find them pointless. It's part of the game. > I can tell you also for a fact after playing sion for years that i've gotten S's and S+'s for worse records. Maybe it's changed since, irrelevant either way considering the score I got was most likely far into the top 5%... A: We know nothing about the exact behind the scenes scoring metrics. Maybe you were literally 1 CS away from S? Maybe something stupid like "healing" is somehow a factor for Sion. We don't really know. B: The benchmarks almost certainly change constantly. Just because you got an S last year doesn't mean the same effort will get an S this year (the reverse is also true, a B+ last year might be worth an A this year). The constant patch changes constantly tweak the game and skew player scores all over the place.
: its weird sometimes i had an aram game when i had 2 teammates (riven and cho) with pretty much same kill-deaths but cho had more assists/damage/CC/damage taken/turret damage/cs yet riven get S and cho did not {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
Grade is comparing you to other people playing the same Champ/Role. Other people in the game have no direct bearing on your Grade. Rivens apparently tend to do poorly in ARAM, so it's easier to S rank. Whereas Cho'Gaths do pretty well, so it's more difficult to Grade high.
DadSion (EUW)
: Mate i've been through this already on my thread, i'll quote what's relevant to your statements. > [{quoted}](name=DadSion,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A6LxPquT,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-02-04T02:09:47.199+0000) > > My main issue is that CS is the main contributor to your score but it's not the most important in relation to actually advancing in the game. It indirectly helps you towards victory by giving you gold to buy items. If I were to get 0 cs for the whole game but destroy all the turrets, would that not be more important? I can give an example of how this metaphor is actually true, int sion. Im not sure if it's still on or off meta but it consists of being sion and just abusing the passive to shred turrets as quick as possible ignoring every other thing in the game. This is widely viewed to be insanely strong and difficult to stop unless you have good counterpicks. Do you know why it's viewed as insanely strong? Because it's a tactic to get rid of what is most important for defence as quick as possible, exposing the nexus sooner. I said before and I'll say again, CS gets you gold, taking objectives wins you games (THAT IS LITERALLY THE GOAL IN EVERY MATCH). > [{quoted}](name=DadSion,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A6LxPquT,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2019-02-04T13:39:29.626+0000) > > When you have a fight with another player in league you are their priority and they will not focus on their cs, meaning neither of you are getting gold during fights until a kill occurs. I agree that vision is important. If you were to finish a game and look at the ending result to see that you got to their nexus and destroyed all turrets but still lost would you think that was a closer game that could have gone either way or would you focus more on the gold difference and say you came close because of the amount of gold/cs your team gained? No. You'd focus on the turrets and objectives taken in comparison to the enemy. You can't physically win due to killing minions, you have to get objectives that is literally the point of each match. Turrets give you gold as well, so that in itself is more reason to why taking turrets and objectives is wayyyyy more important. > [{quoted}](name=DadSion,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A6LxPquT,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2019-02-04T02:24:13.114+0000) > > I can CS if I want, CS is just mindlessly boring however, I'd literally rather play snake on a nokia 3310 than dedicate 40 minutes a time to clicking something with timing so that the health bar disappears and i get some coins. I focus more on having fun in the game than just draining my brain cells on hitting dumb minions. Riot shouldn't be encouraging the most boring aspects of the game. They could keep the amount of contribution to earning gold the same however i think it's a false purpose of the grading system to measure your "performance" within the team based on how many minions you kill besides how much you actually help the team advance through taking obj's and kills. > [{quoted}](name=Rock MD,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A6LxPquT,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-02-03T20:49:50.066+0000) > > It's partially based on that champion's average performances, which is why if you're AD and you get less than 7 cs a minute you're very unlikely to get an S, and if you get even a 3.0 KDA on Tryndamere you're at least guaranteed an A (average Tryndamere KDA is somewhere between 1.5 and 2.5). > [{quoted}](name=DadSion,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A6LxPquT,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2019-02-03T21:09:53.717+0000) > > and also Sion's average score is 4/5/8, 16k dmg dealt, 32k dmg taken.. i totally busted that by far > [{quoted}](name=DadSion,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A6LxPquT,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-04T01:51:52.699+0000) > > I don't agree with your point. CS doesn't win you games it just gets you gold. Getting kills allow you to take objectives and also grant bonus gold which are much more deciding factors than just gold from minions. That should make it easier for you to read my points.
Let's rephrase this all a little to try and put this in some perspective: You're the 2nd fastest runner in the world (S-). You want to know how to do better and be the best (S). People say "You're doing fine with training and such, but your shoes are $10 Wal-Mart bargin bin, maybe buy better shoes?" Your reply "Shoes are boring. Why do shoes matter so much? Who decided shoes should be the #1 factor in winning races?" Your CS isn't horrible, and it is NOT the be-all end-all of Grade determination. It's just one of the few things that could be worked on, so either be happy with your S-, or go buy better shoes. >and also Sion's average score is 4/5/8, 16k dmg dealt, 32k dmg taken.. i totally busted that by far And S rank is probably within the top ~5% or so of scores. The average stats you found don't tell you where the top is.
DadSion (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=DadSion,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A6LxPquT,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2019-02-03T21:09:53.717+0000) > > and also Sion's average score is 4/5/8, 16k dmg dealt, 32k dmg taken.. i totally busted that by far besides the cs being 168 av, but it doesn't take into consideration the match duration. This was a relatively short match at 23 min. I appreciate your comment but if it is true then it just goes to show that CS IS the most important for grades though it is not the most important contributor to winning games.
Mostly just repeating what Riot has said: https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/community/q/ask-riot-how-you-get-s-urgot "The grades you receive are driven by how you stack rank against all other players in your region who also played your champion and position across various performance categories. We don’t reveal the exact formula so that it can’t be min-maxed as we really want to avoid incentivizing playing for stats like CS or K/D/A rather than playing to win. However, the variables are fairly intuitive in terms of what you would expect to be important to winning." > CS IS the most important for grades though it is not the most important contributor to winning games. Do note that you still got an S- for your game. That's still top tier as far as grades go. Also note that CS gives you Gold, Gold buys Items, and Items help you win.
DadSion (EUW)
: Why does CS mean so much towards your performance grade?
> [{quoted}](name=DadSion,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A6LxPquT,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-02-03T15:49:03.265+0000) > > (best score in match) > (highest in match) > (highest in match) > (most in match) > (joint 1st place) > (most hard cc in match) > Now everything here is really fucking good stats and bested everyone's... > I'll list urgot's stats now, who got an S Your grade is based on how other players perform in same champ/role. Your stats for the game are compared to other Sion/top games (I'm presuming you were top). Your teammates in game have no direct influence on the grade you receive. Obviously good teamwork can help boost your score and whatnot. But it doesn't matter if Urgot had 20 kills or 2 kills, or 200 kills, your grade would still be the same based on those scores.
Abid (NA)
: what time does it change? last weeks still shows for me...
Always announced the day before it goes live. So tomorrow.
Show more

grarrrg

Level 154 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion