: game minimizes itself
This has been happening to me too. Mine is usually later in the game though which sucks. Luckily I'm either safe or dead when it happens, but it's happened a few times when I was in a team fight. Mine happens when I open the emote wheel and ONLY when I try to open the emote wheel. It makes me want to either hotkey it to something else or just stop emoting lol
Sadixs (EUW)
: Level 30 (and not smurfing)
What account are you playing on though? The account you're posting with has no ranked games played and therefore we can't really get a look into your MMR matching. Another note to take into account is that people tend to over look that Riot said at the beginning of this season (not blaming you since you said you've been playing for 2 weeks...also congrats on getting to 30 in that short period of time??? Kinda odd but okay) that all new players to ranked will be matched with Silver 1 or Silver 2 MMR. I recently finished levelling up a side account and was placed B4 but played all matches against S1/S2. After you play your placements, things should get a little easier since you'll be paired with your Iron or Bronze teammates instead of against a higher skill cap. Overall, you're playing with people who have been playing the game for at least 6 months or more and therefore have WAY more experience in the game than you do (build paths, micro/macro play, map awareness, etc). Just practice. Just like anything else in life that you do that's new, it takes practice.
: Brat Troll Picking
Support ADC's are a thing as long as the person knows how to play that champ well enough. It's free poke damage (insert meme here). Like AP Support Ashe or AP MF for a while.
: Just thought I'd share something interesting
: I need account lvl 30
? You're over level 30 and Canada is on the NA server? So you can just play ranked?
: I Got Placed Against Gold Players As An Unranked
> [{quoted}](name=JetstreamXT,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UAmNNUZT,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-08T19:52:32.309+0000) >Has anything similar happened to anyone else? Yes, that's how Riot decided to treat "unranked" accounts this season. I put that in quotes because after a year of not playing ranked at all, you get stripped of your Ranked MMR (think of it like this: Each season there's a soft reset. You have had 4 soft resets). Riot decided this season that new accounts and unranked accounts will be placed in their matches against mid/high Silver MMR (like an above comment said, their MMR may be high Silver in order for this to happen). You'll play your entire placements in mid/high Silver to help you get the huge LP gains per win to place you "accurately". It really sucks, but that's what Riot decided to do this season. I'm having the joys of Bronze again on a side account that I freshly leveled up T.T
: Soraka runes?
Personally, I agree with the Sorcery primary runes picked although I personally change out Transcendence for Absolute Focus specifically because I'm often above 70% health while playing (to get the bonus adaptive AP). I also don't build enough CDR usually in games to get the bonus AP from Transcendence (so for me it just makes more sense). I typically rush {{item:3504}} with {{item:3117}} (only 10% CDR after completion). Then I'm typically at the point in game where I need my situational time (MR or Armor). More MR and I build {{item:3102}} , more Armor and I usually go for {{item:3110}} (weird I know). If I need a mix, then I'll build either {{item:3190}} or {{item:3050}} . With Frozen Heart, I do get up to the 30% (with Ardent), but with Zeke's I'm still at 20%. I know that doesn't really pertain to the runes, but I wanted to defend myself for why I take this rune lol this is just my playstyle and how I play best. Anyway, secondary runes I almost always go for Resolve Tree. I will always pick Revitalize (increased 10% heals when target is below 40%, added with the 10% heal from Ardent...it's a lot). My second pick really depends on my ADC. If they're someone who can take towers really well then I'll take Bone Plating to help a little with my survival. If they're someone who takes towers slower, then I'll take Demolish. This has worked really well for me personally, I'd say to play around with it! See if you like it.
: I'm old and I use Minecraft when I don't want stress from a video game. :)
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uBtREITl,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-04-09T17:31:20.310+0000) > > I'm old and I use Minecraft when I don't want stress from a video game. :) YO SAME! Along with Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing tbh
: What in the world could a 7-year-old possibly say? This is a first grader, for shit's sake.
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uBtREITl,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-04-09T14:39:16.684+0000) > > What in the world could a 7-year-old possibly say? This is a first grader, for shit's sake. As someone who works around this age group, I'd have to agree. Most of these kids can barely mentally handle something like Minecraft (not putting down Minecraft), I don't think they'd be able to play something mechanically intensive as League, let alone figure out how to chat and then type things worthy enough of a ban. OP, do you know that Perma Bans are subsequent of prior bans? You'd have to have been banned or suspended in someway prior to this. You deserve this pal, sorry.
SearedXD (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=20022012,realm=EUNE,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=aomRcN60,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-09T13:35:38.149+0000) > > Error code 1006 means the source of your problem is you, not Riot. What could be the problem tho ? I have no idea @@
> [{quoted}](name=SearedXD,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=aomRcN60,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-04-09T14:06:07.719+0000) > > What could be the problem tho ? I have no idea @@ An Error 1006 means that your computer has corrupted software which can be caused by improper shutdown of some computers, Window's file damage, or a virus/spyware. It's definitely a deeper issue than a ban. Also, Riot definitely doesn't do IP bans. Even if they did, it wouldn't make sense for your VPN to also be banned because they're different IP's...at which point you could just change your VPN's IP again and get a new account.
: this is my boi who im getting 1 mil on The Sad Mummy “Solitude can be lonelier than death.” A lonely and melancholy soul from ancient Shurima, Amumu roams the world in search of a friend. Cursed by an ancient spell, he is doomed to remain alone forever, as his touch is death and his affection ruin. Those who claim to have seen him describe Amumu as a living cadaver, small in stature and covered in bandages the color of lichen. Amumu has inspired myths, folklore, and legends told and retold for generations – such that it is impossible to separate truth from fiction. The hardy folk of Shurima agree upon certain things: the wind always blows from the west in the morning; a full belly on a new moon is an ill omen; buried treasure hides under the heaviest of rocks. They do not agree, however, about the tale of Amumu. One oft-told story links Amumu to the first great ruling family of Shurima who succumbed to a disease that corrupted flesh with hideous speed. The youngest child, Amumu, was quarantined in his chambers and befriended a servant girl who heard his cries through the walls. She regaled the lonely heir with courtly news and stories of her grandmother’s mystic powers. One morning, the girl brought word that Amumu’s last remaining brother had passed away, making him Emperor of Shurima. Saddened that he had to bear this news alone, she unlocked his door and ran inside to comfort him face to face. Amumu threw his arms around her, but as they touched, he fell back, realizing he had condemned her to the same terrible fate as his family. Upon the girl’s death, her grandmother placed a twisted blight on the young emperor. In her mind, Amumu had as good as murdered her kin. As the curse took effect, Amumu was trapped in his moment of suffering like a locust ensnared in honeyed amber. A second tale whispers of another crown prince, one given to bouts of petulance, cruelty, and murderous vanity. In this telling, Amumu was crowned Emperor of Shurima at a young age, and convinced he was blessed by the sun, he forced his subjects to worship him as a god. Amumu sought the fabled Eye of Angor, an ancient relic entombed in a gilded crypt, said to grant eternal life to whoever looked upon it with an unflinching heart. He hunted the treasure for years with a host of slaves who carried him through labyrinthine catacombs, sacrificing themselves to traps so the emperor could continue without hindrance. Amumu finally reached the cyclopean golden archway, where upon dozens of his stonemasons labored to breach the sealed door. As the young emperor rushed within, determined to look into the Eye of Angor, his slaves seized their chance and sealed the stone doorway behind him. Some say the child emperor endured in the darkness for years, his loneliness driving him to insanity and causing him to claw at his own skin, which he was forced to wrap in bandages. His life was extended by the power of the Eye as he meditated on his past transgressions, but the gift was a double edged sword, for he was cursed to remain forever alone. When a series of devastating earthquakes shattered the foundations of his tomb, the emperor escaped with no knowledge of how much time had passed, seeking to undo the suffering he had caused in life. Yet another story of Amumu tells of the first and last Yordle ruler of Shurima, who believed in the innate goodness of the human heart. To prove his detractors wrong, he swore an oath to live as a beggar until he made one true friend, convinced his people would rally to help their fellow Shuriman. Though thousands walked by the disheveled Yordle, not one stopped to offer a helping hand. Amumu’s sadness grew until he eventually died of a broken heart. But his death was not the end, for some swear the Yordle still wanders the desert, forever searching for someone who might restore his faith in humanity. These stories, despite their differences, are woven with parallels. Whatever the circumstances, Amumu is doomed to exist in a broken state of emptiness, eternally alone and friendless. Fated to forever search for a companion, his presence is cursed and his touch is death. On long winter nights when the fire is never allowed to burn low, the sad mummy can sometimes be heard weeping in the desert, despairing that he’ll never know the solace of friendship. Whatever Amumu searches for – atonement, kinship, or a single act of kindness – one thing is as certain as the western wind at dawn: he has yet to find it.
> [{quoted}](name=Mrfantastic750,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6GE2YcaM,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-09T17:01:03.513+0000) > of suffering like a locust ensnared in honeyed amber. I was scrolling too fast and thought "locust" said "socialist" and I was like, "Wow I didn't know Amumu would have been a Socialist" lmao RIP I need more coffee
: > [{quoted}](name=grumpy pancham,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GY2xi3QK,comment-id=000100010000000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-28T21:20:36.263+0000) > > You had brought up being understanding but you're also defending OP which I think has me confused. If people are understanding, then they would understand not to use negative language purposefully to anger or hurt someone's feelings? That's toxic to me. Someone says something that makes you feel bad, therefore they _must_ be trying to make you feel bad. The fact that you attribute this behavior solely toward malicious intent is exactly what I'm talking about - **you** are the one who is unwilling to understand. > I _**personally**_ define toxicity as anything purposefully negative. Feeding, AFK, calling people names, spamming chat, spamming pings, anything that doesn't provide help to your teammates. Then your definition is too extensive - purposeful negativity is situationally necessary. Suppose there was a class where one of the students (who I will refer to as Blue for ease of discussion) went to people's lunch bags and stole their food. The teacher is simpathetic to Blue as he is from a poor household, and presumably gets hungry, so this behavior is allowed to continue as the teacher requests the student's understanding and forgiveness. After repeated instances of this behavior, the students identify Blue as the culprit and socially ostracize him from all their social activities. Blue subsequently cries to the teacher that no one will play with him, and as he is technically correct, the teacher forces the class to play with him. Was the class's treatment of blue negative? Yes. Was it justified? Also yes. What other recourse do they have? Negativity can be used in an abusive manner, but is also a corrective measure used to keep people in line. Do you believe that no one should ever be allowed to say or do things that would hurt your feelings? > For a real world example, being a toxic friend might be someone who constantly is negative or puts you down. In this case, you're agreeing with OP in the fact that it's acceptable your friend is constantly negative and is bad to you and that you're just being sensitive. Taking your example into account, it would depend entirely on the friend in question: if he was this way with everyone, I would presume that being an asshole is simply how he is, and would deal with it. If it was directed at me, specifically, I would call him out on his behavior, and depending on his response I would re-evaluate the nature of our relationship. The point isn't that one should simply tolerate constant abuse, but that one has the means to settle matters one's self.
> [{quoted}](name=JedenVojak,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GY2xi3QK,comment-id=0001000100000001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-28T21:42:43.807+0000) > > Someone says something that makes you feel bad, therefore they _must_ be trying to make you feel bad. The fact that you attribute this behavior solely toward malicious intent is exactly what I'm talking about - **you** are the one who is unwilling to understand. > Yeah, exactly. Read your sentence again. If someone says something to make you feel bad then they are trying to make you feel bad. Exactly that. If someone is angry and calls a black person the n word, then they're trying to hurt them. You're saying this is okay to do and that it's "too sensitive" for the if the black person tells the other that they don't like being called that. (a more irrelevant example,) If someone comes up to you and purposefully breaks your computer, you're saying it's wrong to be upset. It's not that I'm _unwilling_ to understand, it's that I'm having difficulties understanding why it's okay to be rude or hateful to someone. People DO have the means to settle with people though. Many people try to talk about it instead of resorting to violence. Saying, "What you said to me bothers me for xx reason" and responding with, "I can't talk to you anymore, you're too sensitive" solves what? Should they beat you to a pulp and say, "By the way, what you said bothers me. Have fun in the hospital while I get charged with battery"? What gets solved there?
: > [{quoted}](name=grumpy pancham,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GY2xi3QK,comment-id=0001000100000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-28T20:22:11.823+0000) > > I'm sorry, I'm confused. Are you agreeing with OP in that people are too sensitive or are you saying that people who are upset at toxic behavior is the opposite of understanding? I'm in agreement with the OP, in regards to his stance against sensitivity. I don't know what you mean when you say "toxic behavior". That seems to be a very broad and nebulous term.
> [{quoted}](name=JedenVojak,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GY2xi3QK,comment-id=00010001000000010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-28T21:05:02.554+0000) > > I'm in agreement with the OP, in regards to his stance against sensitivity. > > I don't know what you mean when you say "toxic behavior". That seems to be a very broad and nebulous term. You had brought up being understanding but you're also defending OP which I think has me confused. If people are understanding, then they would understand not to use negative language purposefully to anger or hurt someone's feelings? That's toxic to me. I _**personally**_ define toxicity as anything purposefully negative. Feeding, AFK, calling people names, spamming chat, spamming pings, anything that doesn't provide help to your teammates. For a real world example, being a toxic friend might be someone who constantly is negative or puts you down. In this case, you're agreeing with OP in the fact that it's acceptable your friend is constantly negative and is bad to you and that you're just being sensitive.
: The "bot says another bot's line" bug is pretty hilarious.
> [{quoted}](name=Marshbouy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4Z62K0uG,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-28T19:09:17.226+0000) > > The "bot says another bot's line" bug is pretty hilarious. Have you see the one that's just something like "" or something weird like that?
: > [{quoted}](name=grumpy pancham,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GY2xi3QK,comment-id=00010001000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-28T18:35:14.901+0000) > > (that was the intention for the " around sensitive lol I couldn't think of a better term) > So then would the meaning of this threat change at all if we substituted the "sensitive" for "understanding" in OP's post or anyone's comment? "People are so understanding nowadays. You can't say anything"? It brings in an entirely different demeanor to OP's behavior. That's just it though, this "sensitivity" is the exact opposite of understanding. It is an unwillingness to accept the misconduct of others. The refusal to accept it. It is the dismissal of the potential of people, the denial of strength, of growth, of competence. It is nothing short of a contempt for all of humanity. Frankly, I find it disgusting.
> [{quoted}](name=JedenVojak,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GY2xi3QK,comment-id=000100010000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-28T20:17:51.630+0000) > > That's just it though, this "sensitivity" is the exact opposite of understanding. > > It is an unwillingness to accept the misconduct of others. The refusal to accept it. > > It is the dismissal of the potential of people, the denial of strength, of growth, of competence. > > It is nothing short of a contempt for all of humanity. > > Frankly, I find it disgusting. I'm sorry, I'm confused. Are you agreeing with OP in that people are too sensitive or are you saying that people who are upset at toxic behavior is the opposite of understanding?
: Best Supp To Play While Smurfing
Lux? Annie? Veig? Maybe? Or Pyke? Champs you can be aggro on but also be another mid-like damage champ so that when your ADC does die or feed, you can still handle a 1v2? I saw a video not too long ago that said Nami was the best low elo carry support. I didn't watch it since I don't play Nami, but maybe check it out?
: I used to main support so I have the mentality of ALWAYS updating trinket when you get a sightstone, so I remind my supports if they seem to forget. We all forget, we're humans. Most of the time they do it, sometimes they say "Oh shit thanks for the reminder" but once or twice I'll get "Please don't back seat game" or "muted" Like...what? I'm not dictating your build, literally one item you don't need because you can't place the trinket and then all 3 sightstone charges.
> [{quoted}](name=AngusBoomPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GY2xi3QK,comment-id=0018,timestamp=2019-03-28T02:41:40.589+0000) > > I used to main support so I have the mentality of ALWAYS updating trinket when you get a sightstone, so I remind my supports if they seem to forget. We all forget, we're humans. > > Most of the time they do it, sometimes they say "Oh shit thanks for the reminder" but once or twice I'll get "Please don't back seat game" or "muted" > > Like...what? I'm not dictating your build, literally one item you don't need because you can't place the trinket and then all 3 sightstone charges. I get this a lot as well (I swap between ADC and Support). It was pointed out to me a few seasons ago that after you upgrade your ward item, you can only have a certain amount of wards on the map so you need to get a sweeper since the other yellow trinkets don't really help. I point that out to supports sometimes and I'm either met with silence (and no change) or what you stated lol RIP
: > [{quoted}](name=grumpy pancham,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GY2xi3QK,comment-id=000100010000000100000000,timestamp=2019-03-28T15:21:24.733+0000) > > It was a drug screen lol many places have that protocol because people actually do buy people's urine smh > Anyway, I'm not generalizing everyone based off one person, I'm not stupid. I was giving an example of older people acting rude. > > Regardless, how people act is an individual basis. Some people have tough skin, some don't. Some don't appreciate being called racial slurs and others embrace it. Sensitivity is what has helped us move forward as a society. Women being "sensitive" about voting issues is what helped them earn the right to vote. Black people being "sensitive" to segregation is what lead to a racial revolution. I choose to treat everyone with respect and if someone says that something I say bothers them, then I don't say it in front of them. It's pretty simple to just treat people with respect instead of thinking they're too sensitive. Sensitivity did not move anyone anywhere. Understanding is what allowed our society to advance. Acceptance of the mistakes and misbehavior of others made us resilient.
> [{quoted}](name=JedenVojak,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GY2xi3QK,comment-id=0001000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-28T18:27:22.650+0000) > > Sensitivity did not move anyone anywhere. > > Understanding is what allowed our society to advance. Acceptance of the mistakes and misbehavior of others made us resilient. (that was the intention for the " around sensitive lol I couldn't think of a better term) So then would the meaning of this threat change at all if we substituted the "sensitive" for "understanding" in OP's post or anyone's comment? "People are so understanding nowadays. You can't say anything"? It brings in an entirely different demeanor to OP's behavior.
: > [{quoted}](name=Aarron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Y7EIGOIy,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-23T18:30:06.079+0000) > > Japan's queue times are longer than most other regions for sure but i dont recall the wait being THAT bad > Just play on jp Sounds good, thanks
> [{quoted}](name=Col Frogfoot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Y7EIGOIy,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-03-28T04:33:10.769+0000) > > Sounds good, thanks Ping should also level out once you're actually closer to that server as well.
: > [{quoted}](name=sliceruser,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=j5ukZa5W,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-28T07:40:53.158+0000) > > Ask for help because your stuck in low elo. Ignore help and say its wrong. Welp Because it's not relevant. And i fail to see why i need to be a 1 trick.
> [{quoted}](name=Heretics,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=j5ukZa5W,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-28T11:49:52.326+0000) > > Because it's not relevant. > And i fail to see why i need to be a 1 trick. You don't need to 1 trick, but lessen your champion pool and your roles. Look up YouTube advice from high elo players who give advice to climb and I dare you to link me one video that doesn't give the same advice as above. Pick 3 champions in 2 roles and play them. It's been pointed out that you have 68% winrate on Nasus. That's really great, especially over 30 games! With that kind of winrate, there's no reason you shouldn't be climbing with him. Other than that, just focus on your builds, warding more, and CS. I've looked at a few of your matches and it looks like the enemy team often wards more than your team (not really your fault specifically, but you can help keep your side of the map/river warded and help you stay alive more). Also, just play more. You have a great winrate on ranked, keep going!
Youngcuck (EUW)
: I expected to kill her in a second and escape, since she didnt have any meaningful peel, Lee's shield is insignificant and he didnt even kick me away. It was basically Kaisa tanking my damage and bursting me, which is not what an ADC is meant to do.
> [{quoted}](name=Youngcuck,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=llnRf6FV,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-28T08:35:04.153+0000) > > I expected to kill her in a second and escape, since she didnt have any meaningful peel, Lee's shield is insignificant and he didnt even kick me away. It was basically Kaisa tanking my damage and bursting me, which is not what an ADC is meant to do. I looked up the match history. She had MR with Mecurial Scimitar. That gives her an MR shield (which it looks like she proc'd in both videos, hence the shield)...plus movement speed buffs. You also only built one Armor item. I know it's hard picking a good armor item aside from Zhonyas that works with AP scaling, but with a 14/4 Kai'sa, I'd recommend finding SOMEthing...maybe Zeke's or Frozen Heart (don't flame me T.T lmao). I know they're not typical in the build paths, but sometimes you need to do weird things to survive. I wouldn't really call ADCs assassins since none of them really one-shot (with the exception of a fed Draven on occasion). As an ADC main, assassins like Rengar, Khazix, LB, Talon, etc. have used one ability on me while full health and killed me WAY more times than I've ever seen an ADC one shot a full health enemy with one ability. High damage output, yes, but not to the point of Ez Q killing someone from full health.
: how to climb to iron ?
{{sticker:sg-zephyr}} Um. Okay. Okay. Uh... Maybe try AFK farming and dying to dragons/neutral camps? It's not technically feeding and you're not actually AFK...if anything it's just a "different strategy"? Or pick jungle and AFK farm? Forcing your team to constantly fight 4v5? I don't condone of any of this because it's a bad experience for your teammates though and you can still get reported for this kind of behavior...but that's my advice if you wish?
: Looking for a support
Pyke? If you're looking for an early bully, Janna is pretty underrated. Early is the key word here. If you can W first and take E level 2, you can be pretty aggro. You can also play Lulu for some nice poking.
: Most fun support champions?
{{champion:16}} {{champion:143}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:26}} Personal opinions. I'm not really good at Zilean, but he's still really fun to play imo. I also don't know if Soraka is "fun" to play, but she's my main/comfort pick and I think she's satisfying to play...maybe I'm confusing satisfaction with fun lol
: adapt to key bindings , in a fast pace game like league where every second counts , adapt to hotkeys that allow you to quickly level up abilities and use them. personally i've set up my keybindings so that ALT+ Q/W/E/R will level up the respective abilities. the alt key is directly beside the space bar , which is how i lock and unlock my camera so my thumb is always down there , ready to either level an ability or move the camera. plus in a classic qwer game your thumb usually rests around the space bar naturally anyways. making the alt key to the immediate left a very fast option to hotkey leveling abilities. riots hotkey system is incredibly flexible , they don't need to automate anything. i can be in the middle of a team fight and still level abilities without it hindering the process due to the convenience of their flexibility with their hotkey system. learn their system instead of demanding they change it to fit your needs.
> [{quoted}](name=im always salty,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eEJO1Ai1,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-28T12:20:36.492+0000) > > adapt to key bindings , in a fast pace game like league where every second counts , adapt to hotkeys that allow you to quickly level up abilities and use them. > personally i've set up my keybindings so that ALT+ Q/W/E/R will level up the respective abilities. > the alt key is directly beside the space bar , which is how i lock and unlock my camera > so my thumb is always down there , ready to either level an ability or move the camera. > plus in a classic qwer game your thumb usually rests around the space bar naturally anyways. making the alt key to the immediate left a very fast option to hotkey leveling abilities. > riots hotkey system is incredibly flexible , they don't need to automate anything. i can be in the middle of a team fight and still level abilities without it hindering the process due to the convenience of their flexibility with their hotkey system. > learn their system instead of demanding they change it to fit your needs. Exactly^ I changed my level ups to A S (space bar) and a button on my mouse for Ult. It takes a little to get used to, but just jump on a bots game and try it a few games.
: > [{quoted}](name=grumpy pancham,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GY2xi3QK,comment-id=0001000100000001,timestamp=2019-03-27T18:03:35.465+0000) > > I don't think this is completely true either. I'm about to turn 27 and work in the medical field. I had a 55 year old biker dude throw his jacket at me when I asked him to take it off for his drug screen (mandatory protocol) and then proceeded to throw his urine sample on me and call me "a fucking %%%%%%" because I told him his temperature was too low for us to accpet. That was it. There's no other back story or anything. > The following month when he wanted a retest, I was ordered to watch (another protocol). He refused to turn on the bathroom lights so I told him again that I couldn't accept his sample because I needed proof it came from his bladder. He, again, threw his urine on me and said, "If you wanted a peep show, you should just ask %%%%%%" and made sure to yell it loud enough for the waiting room to hear. > As someone who is queer, of course this offended me and of course this upset me. Did I cry? No. Did I report it to my manager? Hell yes! And I was told that it was my fault for aggravating him (his story was that I never told him to turn the lights on...he's over 55 years old and expected to pee in a tube 1" in diameter...do the math). > > From everyone's logic on this thread, it sounds like I was just being too sensitive. From this logic, older generation "acts better". THe majority of the older generation DOES act better. You are just generalizing everyone over a 55 tear old biker. Guess what if that BS protocol didn't exist then there would have never been an issue to begin with. Again we have too many damn rules. Everyone is too damn concerned about what everyone else is doing.
> [{quoted}](name=The Bad Touch,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GY2xi3QK,comment-id=00010001000000010000,timestamp=2019-03-27T22:37:51.334+0000) > > THe majority of the older generation DOES act better. > > You are just generalizing everyone over a 55 tear old biker. Guess what if that BS protocol didn't exist then there would have never been an issue to begin with. Again we have too many damn rules. Everyone is too damn concerned about what everyone else is doing. It was a drug screen lol many places have that protocol because people actually do buy people's urine smh Anyway, I'm not generalizing everyone based off one person, I'm not stupid. I was giving an example of older people acting rude. Regardless, how people act is an individual basis. Some people have tough skin, some don't. Some don't appreciate being called racial slurs and others embrace it. Sensitivity is what has helped us move forward as a society. Women being "sensitive" about voting issues is what helped them earn the right to vote. Black people being "sensitive" to segregation is what lead to a racial revolution. I choose to treat everyone with respect and if someone says that something I say bothers them, then I don't say it in front of them. It's pretty simple to just treat people with respect instead of thinking they're too sensitive.
: > [{quoted}](name=grumpy pancham,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BoqzJyfn,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-03-26T22:02:19.670+0000) > > Is no one going to mention that this is a normal game? lol no ranked
> [{quoted}](name=aHiWeMontague,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BoqzJyfn,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2019-03-28T03:03:39.461+0000) > > lol no ranked I see now lol, I was dumb and thought the CS score was the people's account levels{{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
: so i pick pyke..
It stops when you /muteall Just play the game and move on. People will be toxic for no reason. I was getting flamed by my adc last night because I wasn't doing damage to the enemy support (who out ranged me and stayed far back) but I was dealing damage to the enemy adc. They got mad, flamed me, and afk farmed all game (yes literally all game). Just mute and do your best. It's honestly really refreshing to do so.
: > [{quoted}](name=speedameen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GY2xi3QK,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-03-27T14:25:56.574+0000) > > *people are > > ~~people is.~~ people am
> [{quoted}](name=ZackTheWaffleMan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GY2xi3QK,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2019-03-27T18:46:04.803+0000) > > people am people be
: and theres that forced loss..
You're still in your placements games. If you look at your op.gg, they give a rating of the average ELO below each game. After losing your first game, you went down to S4 average elo. Every win made you higher. Your last game was S2 and while it doesn't seem like there's a big difference between S4 and S2, there is. Also, take a look at your team match up ranks! You are currently unranked playing against a Janna who was Gold last season. The enemy ADC has been Gold every season since season 4 while your ADC has only played for 2 seasons. Highest rank of enemy Mid was G5 last season, your mid was highest of S2 (prior S5 and B3, they're still learning mechanics and gameplay better). The junglers were fairly even, just Graves has been playing longer, but is consistently in Silver ELO. Top was also a bit fair. If I were to judge based completely off your matches, I'd have to say that your mid and bot lanes were most uneven in the game. Just remember that you're still in placements and the MMR scale is trying to place you. After you've been placed, things will even out and you'll be with your own MMR.
: What is going on D:
Third party programs are usually apps or websites. You can be using scripting services, be boosted, boost someone else, and a number of other things. I'd recommend emailing Riot Support and see what happened. (also, I'm not trying to accuse you of using these products, just giving some examples...judging just by match history, I wouldn't accuse you of them)
Ðroxx (NA)
: If u come to the forms about this stuff 90% of the people will comment saying its probably your fault even though they probably have had it happen to them before. It sucks I feel your pain.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainxBear,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=n5I0N35i,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-03-27T17:47:55.632+0000) > > If u come to the forms about this stuff 90% of the people will comment saying its probably your fault even though they probably have had it happen to them before. It sucks I feel your pain. True, however I do want to point out that this is what happens with fresh accounts playing ranked for the first time ever. They're placed into a mid/high silver game and based on how they personally do will give them the provisional ranking of somewhere between I4 and B3. I agree that they did do pretty well (especially with ward coverage) but Riot has specifically stated that new accounts will be tested in Silver Elo and then be placed in Iron/Bronze provisional accordingly. Not really this person's fault, but that's how Riot wishes to do things.
: I got a chat restriction for calling someone a twat ?!?!?!?!?!
https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/legal/termsofuse#code-conduct
: > [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GY2xi3QK,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-03-27T14:50:05.038+0000) > > You _are_ aware that this "sensitivity" IS people standing up for themselves, right? Whereas before bigotry and other similar behavior was something people were taught to ignore or push under the rug to prevent confrontation, people are now standing up to it and are calling people out for being dickheads and bigots, as they should. > > It's terrifying the people who do use bigoted language and are being general assholes, absolutely, which is why they have caused this backlash to the "SJWs" and the "sensitive" people. They don't like having the mirror thrown in their faces when they're being called out for disrespecting others or dehumanizing other people, because it makes them insecure and challenges their preconceived notions of societal power. > > As I mentioned in another post on this thread though, society has been tolerating that kind of behavior for far too long, which is why this "sensitivity" has happened at such an extreme. People are fed up with being disrespected, and they're answering the bigotry and disrespect with the complete opposite type of extremism. It will level out eventually, but it first has to really hit a breaking point, and then recoil back to a middle ground where people can respect one another without mud slinging or petty aggression. I'm sorry but you have it backwards. People are acting like asshats because there is zero fear of getting their asses kicked. They grow up from being entitled little shits, to full blown assholes because they were never taken down a peg or two from getting their asses kicked. People didn't use to act like they do now. Why? Because they knew better. Now everyone treats everyone else like shit and they create a game out of seeing who can get who is trouble first. It's utterly ridiculous. Maybe it just comes from being older than the vast majority of the LoL players base. I mean hell my oldest was 8 when League was still in Beta.
> [{quoted}](name=The Bad Touch,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GY2xi3QK,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-03-27T14:59:25.550+0000) > > I'm sorry but you have it backwards. People are acting like asshats because there is zero fear of getting their asses kicked. They grow up from being entitled little shits, to full blown assholes because they were never taken down a peg or two from getting their asses kicked. > > People didn't use to act like they do now. Why? Because they knew better. > > Now everyone treats everyone else like shit and they create a game out of seeing who can get who is trouble first. It's utterly ridiculous. > > Maybe it just comes from being older than the vast majority of the LoL players base. I mean hell my oldest was 8 when League was still in Beta. I don't think this is completely true either. I'm about to turn 27 and work in the medical field. I had a 55 year old biker dude throw his jacket at me when I asked him to take it off for his drug screen (mandatory protocol) and then proceeded to throw his urine sample on me and call me "a fucking %%%%%%" because I told him his temperature was too low for us to accpet. That was it. There's no other back story or anything. The following month when he wanted a retest, I was ordered to watch (another protocol). He refused to turn on the bathroom lights so I told him again that I couldn't accept his sample because I needed proof it came from his bladder. He, again, threw his urine on me and said, "If you wanted a peep show, you should just ask %%%%%%" and made sure to yell it loud enough for the waiting room to hear. As someone who is queer, of course this offended me and of course this upset me. Did I cry? No. Did I report it to my manager? Hell yes! And I was told that it was my fault for aggravating him (his story was that I never told him to turn the lights on...he's over 55 years old and expected to pee in a tube 1" in diameter...do the math). From everyone's logic on this thread, it sounds like I was just being too sensitive. From this logic, older generation "acts better".
: > [{quoted}](name=grumpy pancham,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5HoONE4i,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-03-26T23:39:28.525+0000) > > I know the Provisional Rank shows that, but I also have to disagree with ending S1 going 10/0. On my actual account, I ended G5 last season, won my first placement this season (S4) went 6/2 and was placed S2 25 LP. I'm not sure that a fresh account would have large enough skips to go from B3-S1, even going 10/0. ? Placement is based on more than just win/loss. After ranked reset most people end up 1 tier(+/- 2 divisions) below their previous seasons rank. With how it currently works s1-s2 is where a new account would end going 10 wins, depending on team mmr in the matches. To answer OP question, rank doesn't matter in match making, only mmr does.
> [{quoted}](name=Schnuppi 0,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5HoONE4i,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-27T10:01:41.365+0000) > > Placement is based on more than just win/loss. After ranked reset most people end up 1 tier(+/- 2 divisions) below their previous seasons rank. > With how it currently works s1-s2 is where a new account would end going 10 wins, depending on team mmr in the matches. > > To answer OP question, rank doesn't matter in match making, only mmr does. I don't know if this is the same on NA server. And remember, OP is talking about fresh accounts who haven't played ranked, ever. I know that each win gives you a boost in LP and a loss doesn't do anything, but even if you were to gain roughly 50 LP per win (like I did for placements), starting B3, winning 7 more matches in a row will still land you S4 at the highest. Speaking for myself personally, I stopped gaining 50 LP once I got closer to the end of my placements (I started gaining roughly 40 or 30 for my last two wins). And you're right that only MMR matters in match making, but if you have 0 MMR as a brand new account, why would it be fair for the first game they play to be with people who have 1300+ MMR?
: You are making your own version of this scenario. Who said I was mad because I got reported????? Yeah you did, in your own little tiny world. Once again, Like I said I'm not mad I got reported I'm mad that I got punished. You could report me a million times I wouldn't care as long as I know I didnt commit any reportable offense. So please.. don't make things up to try to prove your invalid point.
> [{quoted}](name=Samsunger,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=sOEV9NHR,comment-id=000100000000000000030000,timestamp=2019-03-27T00:19:52.376+0000) > > You are making your own version of this scenario. Who said I was mad because I got reported????? Yeah you did, in your own little tiny world. Once again, Like I said I'm not mad I got reported I'm mad that I got punished. You could report me a million times I wouldn't care as long as I know I didnt commit any reportable offense. So please.. don't make things up to try to prove your invalid point. Reports=punishment. You're fine you got reported but mad you got punished? That really doesn't make any sense to me. Don't do something people would deem report worth if you don't want to get punished; it's pretty simple my dude. Someone, somewhere thought you were doing something worthy of reporting and clearly so did many other people. Maybe just don't do that behavior? That's like a thief getting mad because they're being arrested for stealing. Or maybe I'm missing the point entirely? Is your point of this entire post to just argue with everyone who tries to comment? Are you bored?
: > [{quoted}](name=grumpy pancham,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5HoONE4i,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-26T21:50:53.882+0000) > > I have to agree with this, it's really annoying! Especially with Riot's thinking of "new players will be placed in Iron or Bronze". I jumped on a side account to finally play some ranked and I was with a mix of S3/S2 players. I had a rough game on my main role (sadly) and didn't do too well. We still won...but even with a win in S3 elo, my first placement game said I'd land around B3. How is that fair for S2's trying to climb? The difference between B3 and S2 is pretty high imo If that was your first placement match you would end in S1 with 10/10 wins. Provisional rank only shows you that you would start here if you lost all remaining placements.
> [{quoted}](name=Schnuppi 0,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5HoONE4i,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-03-26T23:06:33.553+0000) > > If that was your first placement match you would end in S1 with 10/10 wins. Provisional rank only shows you that you would start here if you lost all remaining placements. I know the Provisional Rank shows that, but I also have to disagree with ending S1 going 10/0. On my actual account, I ended G5 last season, won my first placement this season (S4) went 6/2 and was placed S2 25 LP. I'm not sure that a fresh account would have large enough skips to go from B3-S1, even going 10/0. ?
: I want the ability to make teams play on those teams against other teams of the same skill or rank. Flex just allows you to play as 5 not always against other 5's. I want the 5v5 game mode back where you played out your promos as a team. Clash was their way to bring this back but it was a failure. and ranked 5v5 in the old days wasn't a failure.
> [{quoted}](name=TU Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4YWKoEaN,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-26T22:31:01.107+0000) > > I want the ability to make teams play on those teams against other teams of the same skill or rank. Flex just allows you to play as 5 not always against other 5's. I want the 5v5 game mode back where you played out your promos as a team. > > Clash was their way to bring this back but it was a failure. and ranked 5v5 in the old days wasn't a failure. Okay, that makes sense. I could never get my team together to even play a game, so it was an unrealistic dream for me at the time T.T
: Because silver isn't good.
> [{quoted}](name=REVERT EVE,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5HoONE4i,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-26T21:47:31.276+0000) > > Because silver isn't good. Should they have new accounts play their first placement in high Diamond or Masters then? Only for them to be placed Iron/low Bronze anyway? I remember reading somewhere that Riot has the thought of putting new players automatically in Iron/Bronze. I think OP is asking why they're not automatically placed with Bronze or Iron instead of high silver? To me, if Riot could implement a system where they take the person's normals MMR and place them in their first ranked game around that same skill, it would help. That way if a new account is leveled and hasn't played Rift enough to have an MMR, they can auto place them with Iron players. Flip side, if someone has a normal MMR of Diamond, why not have them play their first game in low Diamond and place them starting in mid/low Plat?
: Not the same as the Ranked 5v5 mode
> [{quoted}](name=TU Dragon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4YWKoEaN,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-26T22:16:47.862+0000) > > Not the same as the Ranked 5v5 mode Not 100% the same, no, but what more do you want from it?
: > [{quoted}](name=grumpy pancham,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BoqzJyfn,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-03-26T22:02:19.670+0000) > > Is no one going to mention that this is a normal game? Levels don't really mean much other than how long an individual has actively played the game. Low levels can even be a sign that someone is leveling an account and their skill isn't really related to their level. I can be on my level 12 side account and still trash on Iron/Bronze ADC players who are level 200+. > > IMO, matchmaking fairness doesn't really come into play with normal matches; it's more about ranked.. Look at the link above, I found the exact match. It was ranked.
> [{quoted}](name=Mavëríck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BoqzJyfn,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-03-26T22:13:43.213+0000) > > Look at the link above, I found the exact match. It was ranked. LMFAO I'M SO DUMB I was looking at CS and thinking that was player level {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
: Ranked 5v5 should be brought back
: how can matchmaking fail this hard?
Is no one going to mention that this is a normal game? Levels don't really mean much other than how long an individual has actively played the game. Low levels can even be a sign that someone is leveling an account and their skill isn't really related to their level. I can be on my level 12 side account and still trash on Iron/Bronze ADC players who are level 200+. IMO, matchmaking fairness doesn't really come into play with normal matches; it's more about ranked..
: Why Riot put unranked players on high silver games
I have to agree with this, it's really annoying! Especially with Riot's thinking of "new players will be placed in Iron or Bronze". I jumped on a side account to finally play some ranked and I was with a mix of S3/S2 players. I had a rough game on my main role (sadly) and didn't do too well. We still won...but even with a win in S3 elo, my first placement game said I'd land around B3. How is that fair for S2's trying to climb? The difference between B3 and S2 is pretty high imo
: ArconAlliances: muted ArconAlliances: IM SO GOOD LETS FUCKING GO ArconAlliances: sorry man but I was losing at first and you got cocky, so had to put you in your place ;) ArconAlliances: gg this game is fuckin ez ArconAlliances: LOL Post-Game ArconAlliances: Report me I don't fucking care, ArconAlliances: If you ganked I wouldn't have bothered you ArconAlliances: BYE Last few comments is where you went wrong, it didn't deserve nearly the punishment you got, but yeah. I've tilted pretty bad before but it was mostly screaming at my computer screen and not honored anyone. I understand completely.
> [{quoted}](name=ANearMiss,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=sOEV9NHR,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-25T02:50:50.753+0000) > ArconAlliances: Report me I don't fucking care, To be honest, if I'm annoyed with how a player is acting (and begging for ganks is pretty annoying to me, personally), and they say this, I will just report them for negative attitute. Otherwise, I'll just leave it alone. But you should understand that you LITERALLY ASKED to be reported. And then got mad at it. {{sticker:sg-zephyr}}
: So when is Sona being nerfed?
> [{quoted}](name=REVERT EVE,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KxWbZHdU,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-03-26T20:02:15.063+0000) > > This champion is fucking disgusting. 55%+ winrate for months. But what do YOU consider OP? Damage dealt? Healing given? Ability to dive tower and still live? She's a pretty basic champion that doesn't require a lot of skill to play her which is probably why she has such a high win rate. She has heals, decent poke, speed boost, and a CC Ult; all of which have decently low CD which gives her the ability to spam them (and possibly build Tear like I do because I'm trash lol) {{champion:53}} {{champion:40}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:267}} {{champion:143}} also have high win rates for the last few months. Should they be nerfed too? Not to sound rude, but do you just not know how to play against Sona? As someone who usually bounces between Soraka, Sona, and Janna, I have no issue when I play against a Sona (even when I'm playing ADC). On the other hand, I have absolutely no idea how to play against Pyke so I ban him (or if I don't, he gets picked and I feed...not even kidding lol). I'd say Pyke is OP because he does a lot of damage and I just don't know how to play against him. But he doesn't have a very high pick or win rate. Maybe just learn to play against Sona?
: I can see why it would be considered offensive, but honestly I'm not too bothered. It's not malicious and it's kinda funny. I definitely wouldn't report it.
> [{quoted}](name=A Swarm of Koala,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IrxbjJ2r,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-24T15:18:16.748+0000) > > I can see why it would be considered offensive, but honestly I'm not too bothered. It's not malicious and it's kinda funny. I definitely wouldn't report it. I've seen so many questionable summoner names it's ridiculous. I had a friend who changed theirs when Zoe came out to "Balls Deep In Zoe". Like...I'm not offended but I'd say that's more likely to be offensive to some people than OP's original name.
S V (NA)
: I think this portion of the ranked system is fine as it is. The pairing is fair because it does it from a statistical MMR but doesn't account for personality or toxicity since those would be subjective stats. I commonly dodge games from what I see in op.gg if 2 or more people are in their off roles, they have been performing poorly, or they haven't played in a while (Unless they have a high winrate with this condition, they are most likely a smurf so this is usually alright). This is just my method of pre-game analysis anyways.
> [{quoted}](name=S V ,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Z2bzBzWl,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-25T06:11:43.070+0000) > > I think this portion of the ranked system is fine as it is. The pairing is fair because it does it from a statistical MMR but doesn't account for personality or toxicity since those would be subjective stats. I commonly dodge games from what I see in op.gg if 2 or more people are in their off roles, they have been performing poorly, or they haven't played in a while (Unless they have a high winrate with this condition, they are most likely a smurf so this is usually alright). This is just my method of pre-game analysis anyways. Why'd this get downvoted so much? It's true, valid, and a good strategy.
: That's because if you're a smurf stuck in silver, you're most likely not a "smurf", more of a player who is hardstuck on their main account and believes by some miracle that if they make a second account, they'll bypass it. And then they don't. That's one of the reasons I think low elo accounts for such a large amount of the playerbase. The only exception I see here is people who share accounts with a low elo player to boost friends. Obviously, account sharing isn't allowed, but people still do it. Bottom line: If you're a smurf and you're struggling against anyone Gold or below, you're most likely NOT a smurf. I can tell you from personal experience that the skill gap between the two is MASSIVE. If you want evidence, search up the rank distribution. Being High plat already makes you in the top 5% of all players and Plat is supposed to be an average rank.
> [{quoted}](name=OneBarrel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0rL4ZqkK,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-03-25T14:21:05.789+0000) > > more of a player who is hardstuck on their main account and believes by some miracle that if they make a second account, they'll bypass it. And then they don't. Stop attacking me{{sticker:sg-ahri-1}} Lol jokes aside, whenever I get frustrated, I hop on my boyfriend's account and play ranked for him. He has ranked anxiety that he just can't overcome. I usually just play his placements for him and maybe climb him one division. We're not really that far in ELO (he ended S4 and I ended G5 last season) but it's enough for me not to take it so serious...also because it's not MY elo lol (at least I don't troll or int)
Wyrin (NA)
: Who are your level 7 Mastery Champions?
{{champion:22}} {{champion:222}} {{champion:236}} {{champion:16}} and 2{{champion:51}} {{champion:115}} {{champion:37}} shards for: {{champion:40}} {{champion:15}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:99}}
Show more

grumpy pancham

Level 169 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion