hOrnn (NA)
: almost loaded RP
why are they going to allow akali to be detected in her shroud?
Rioter Comments
Avinychus (EUW)
: Is Pyke realy that op?
my take on pyke is hes a really good carry support if there is such a thing, but its not like he can really build tanky, i have seen him get say 16 kills in a game and lost the game because he R all the kills and gets cc'ed focused. so no there are better carrys then pyke, he does have good CC though so he is in a good spot im sure, but so does leona and she can eat alot of damage for a team also.
: How to keep CS when roaming??
if you have somebody with good wave clear should be fairly easy, always tax lanes and take jungle camps. if you are a single target assassin just cs champions.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=hOrnn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=L7R6WZa2,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-08T16:08:47.672+0000) > > a recession will never effect a video game, and you dont have to pay for anything in this game now that old runes are gone, so yes a recession will not effect league of legends. > > now a recession could and would effect video game sales, but this game is f2p. I'm confessed with your thinking. The recession will get people laid off. When people are laid off they don't buy stuff. Rito make money off of skins, but if everyone is money-tight, they won't make sales. No business survive without sales.
> [{quoted}](name=sweet Baby ohai,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=L7R6WZa2,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-12-08T16:14:16.416+0000) > > I'm confessed with your thinking. The recession will get people laid off. When people are laid off they don't buy stuff. Rito make money off of skins, but if everyone is money-tight, they won't make sales. No business survive without sales. yes so not as many people will buy skins but the kids still will, they will charge it to mommy and daddies credit card. this nation lives off the debt system paycheck to paycheck so i dont see it changing much.
: Can somebody explain to me why tryndamere has such a good winrate vs akali
critamere has a good winrate vs all, theres always been alot of challenger 1 trick trynd players for a reason, no mana? check, sustain? check, massive free damage with crits and ad? check stupid mobility? check? ability to 1v5 penta by pressing 1 button (R), check. the champion needed reworked 7 years ago.
FausTDevilz (EUNE)
: Mid platinum is silver,change my mind
: Can Rito survive the next upcoming recession?
a recession will never effect a video game, and you dont have to pay for anything in this game now that old runes are gone, so yes a recession will not effect league of legends. now a recession could and would effect video game sales, but this game is f2p.
Jinxalot (NA)
: Why is Tyler1 a Celeb?
id just like to say for the record i dont watch tyler1 or anybody else, i spam {{champion:45}} {{champion:115}} mid and {{champion:516}} top like a good little bronize when i have time to play, but he brings alot of viewership to his twitch, so he brings alot of attention and new players to the game.
Jinxalot (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=hOrnn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MnjWyLXs,comment-id=001100000000,timestamp=2018-12-08T15:12:39.534+0000) > > its a biz$ dude, and hes crazy popular for the reason i listed Oh...so all that Reporting crap is just for show. We can be as toxic as we want. Got it.
> [{quoted}](name=Jinxalot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MnjWyLXs,comment-id=0011000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-08T15:42:52.710+0000) > > Oh...so all that Reporting crap is just for show. We can be as toxic as we want. > Got it. yeah....let me know how that works out for you kid, riot tried to get rid of tyler, the community said no and without the community riot goes back to the food and cheese line, like i said its a bis. get over it. heres and example for you, dicks sporting goods pissed off their customer base, dicks sporting goods will soon be out of biz.
: > [{quoted}](name=hOrnn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1e7bdwEP,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-08T14:50:13.206+0000) > > oh wow season 2 is back. LOL out of all seriousness darius has even worse mobility post rework, his passive used to give him 5% movementspeed per stack, so +25%, his mobility is terrible just kite him and get good with champs like kennen, gnar, lissandra, viktor, teemo, quin, jayce, etc.. > > i have beat darius with tahm kench top baby. Best cast scenario would be getting rid of the movement speed buff on Phage but i doubt that will ever happen. If they did though, it would make glacial augment/approach velocty a viable combo to have.
> [{quoted}](name=RoG Seraph,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1e7bdwEP,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-12-08T15:37:48.856+0000) > > Best cast scenario would be getting rid of the movement speed buff on Phage but i doubt that will ever happen. > > If they did though, it would make glacial augment/approach velocty a viable combo to have. not really, you just play somebody with hard CC like {{champion:127}} and he cannot get near you. you just have to play smart vs darius sure he gets fed in lower elo top lane but he gets bursted pretty quickly in teamfights. when he goes to Q and you know its going to hit you, hug him, dont get hit by the outter ring this denies damage, a stack and his heal. basically stop complaining and get better if you care that much about it, i rarely play darius anymore, i hated the rework even though it made him better, i didnt like the Q not being instant and losing the movement speed buff, but all the free AD he gets on 5 stacks plus the heal means hes way better then he used to be. but heres a secret, if darius is running {{summoner:6}} {{summoner:4}} then you know its a good darius.
Jinxalot (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=hOrnn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MnjWyLXs,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2018-12-08T15:00:24.731+0000) > > alot of league players like him because he would punch a nerd in the face, and alot of nerds on league are keyboard warriors running their mouths ;) I don't care who likes him. I am talking about Riot policy. Is this how they welcome a player who was banned multiple times?
> [{quoted}](name=Jinxalot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MnjWyLXs,comment-id=00110000,timestamp=2018-12-08T15:10:48.817+0000) > > I don't care who likes him. I am talking about Riot policy. Is this how they welcome a player who was banned multiple times? its a biz$ dude, and hes crazy popular for the reason i listed
Jinxalot (NA)
: Why is Tyler1 a Celeb?
alot of league players like him because he would punch a nerd in the face, and alot of nerds on league are keyboard warriors running their mouths ;)
: Nerf Darius
also fiora if you are good with her beats darius, you just save the W for his ult, but you gotta hit those passive procs to beat him.
: Nerf Darius
oh wow season 2 is back. LOL out of all seriousness darius has even worse mobility post rework, his passive used to give him 5% movementspeed per stack, so +25%, his mobility is terrible just kite him and get good with champs like kennen, gnar, lissandra, viktor, teemo, quin, jayce, etc.. i have beat darius with tahm kench top baby.
hOrnn (NA)
: is this ddos?
hhaha ofc got hit with leave buster, guess ill play any other game where this isnt an issue.
Rioter Comments
: Favorite Champion And Why?
{{champion:427}} bekaz dey ruined {{champion:266}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TVTUqy80,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-03T02:03:48.767+0000) > > plays the best champs he was good before those 4 champs were top tier meta
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TVTUqy80,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-12-03T02:04:49.088+0000) > > he was good before those 4 champs were top tier meta jax never stopped being top tier, ppl just always 4get about him til worlds ;)
hOrnn (NA)
: winning hard so i get dc?
k well whenever i play overwatch, rainbow six siege, dota 2, i dont get dropped for 12 important minutes so enough with this shit $riot$ got enough of my $ anyways.
Rioter Comments
Jinxalot (NA)
: Dodge Loss ? WTF
tl;dr just sayn b5 is the best elo bracket, why leave? where else can you see stuff like chogath support? i mean i just had a jungle draven on my team :D
Jinxalot (NA)
: Dodge Loss ? WTF
dude stay in bronze 5, i just got cought up in a game we were to lose, and somehow won and ended up getting to silver :(
Mullixi (EUW)
: Should riot focus more on making sure people get banned more?
plus your forgetting alot of games are played an hour, how can they know instantly who is inting and who is having a bad game? basically you must learn how to not give up and carry harder, yeah yeah i know but if you care that much thats basically what you have to do, you always have to be getting objectives and making the right decisions.
Mullixi (EUW)
: Should riot focus more on making sure people get banned more?
really all it does at this point is make people lose their accounts 'duh' most people when they lose their skins n stuff just get on another account and ruin the game for others, happens alot most people have more then 1 account.
: Riot is becoming EA and Bethesda
dissagree, like a 1 trick tryndamere scrub in challenger, way out of their leagues 'get it huehue' and will just fill supp when they cant trynd.
hOrnn (NA)
: talk balance for a minute?
now i know lissandras Q can double hit and hit the whole team but the range is pretty awful, where veigar Q is much easier to land and can double hit also, i think lissandra should get a few small buffs, like cooldown on her E so she can have abit more mobility early, and a slight base damage increase on her Q.
Rioter Comments
: All midlaners are AD now.
> [{quoted}](name=Mega Audinoz,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jwr0byyG,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-11-30T17:26:45.372+0000) > > All midlaners are AD now. {{champion:63}}
Dandilan (NA)
: Why midlaners no longer want blue?
not needed as much with mana and cdr item/runes, but i like to play ivern so they get it anyways. if im playing ziggs i still like to have blue, if your not spamming with ziggs ur doing it wrong.
: Thinking about switching to MId
if your gonna main an ad champ mid then play another lane, my own opinion, lux is always good but she has some very hard matchups like fizz/zed/talon etc. AP champions are kinda hit or miss in this game.
: What makes a champion a successful duelist?
high damage/burst and a stupid game breaking blink+sustain anybody can buy.
hOrnn (NA)
: lissandras passive
anyways i missed the last 3 or so seasons for good reason, i played this game from beta and its not the same game anymore, cya nerds.
hOrnn (NA)
: lissandras passive
lane bullies only vs melee champs top lane that are not yasuo or zed? control mage? so it ziggs and viegar cept they can deal damage, just saying hero ratios and cooldown on e are terrible, orianna is a much better pick imo.
: Liss support owo
oh cool another ap mage that now is only viable in the bi1tch role.
Rioter Comments
Pika Fox (NA)
: Hes usually jungle and trinity is the most expensive item in the game. Assassins also fall off late, so hes a role that doesnt get as much gold as a champ who needs early powerspikes to win, meaning trinity is unrealistic.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZaVIs2uN,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-17T16:47:47.098+0000) > > Hes usually jungle and trinity is the most expensive item in the game. Assassins also fall off late, so hes a role that doesnt get as much gold as a champ who needs early powerspikes to win, meaning trinity is unrealistic. rip khazix mid. picked {{champion:80}} vs it everytime.
Leyruh (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=DancesWithFreelo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4nEu56in,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-17T18:55:50.429+0000) > > old akali could be revealed though. ? not sure how this new shit works, isaw for one time for a split second, right after she attacked me, then she was invis again not sure. I'm not sure about old Akali. They both are revealed whenever they attack, but was old Akali revealed and targetable under her tower when in her shroud? Not sure.
> [{quoted}](name=Leyruh,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4nEu56in,comment-id=000400000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-17T19:00:06.561+0000) > > I'm not sure about old Akali. They both are revealed whenever they attack, but was old Akali revealed and targetable under her tower when in her shroud? Not sure. yes old akali was like all stealth champs, revealed if close enough to turret, shroud or not, im not complaining about her insane, burst, or anything like that just make her revealed under turrets, shroud or not.
Phridolin (EUW)
: dota 2?? puuuhhh.... well there are some things dota does better imo: better hero information, better map, cooler graphic, you can zoom in *lennyface*, you can individual style your most played champs, different announcers and UI.... what i dont like in comparison to league: there are some even snowballier/even more toxic champs, a bit too many items to choose from, some items are overpowered on certain champs, you need to practice much more cause of more mechanics like creep denying etc. and you cannot backport without using a dump scroll which costs mana too! if you want still give it a try, i recommend for the start following heroes: Axe, Sniper, Viper, Dragon Knight, Drowranger, Lina and Juggernaut. Later heroes like Windranger, Zeus, Faceless Void or Puge. And if you want the ultra level of mechanics: Shadow Fiend, Arc Warden, Spectre, Lone Druid and Meepo. My personal favs were back in 2015: Phantom Lancer, Phantom Assassin, Faceless Void, Skywrath Mage, Chaos Knight, Elder Titan and Queen of Pain. Really enjoyed those.
> [{quoted}](name=Phridolin,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eB3JeOEW,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-08-17T18:07:35.921+0000) > > dota 2?? puuuhhh.... well there are some things dota does better imo: better hero information, better map, cooler graphic, you can zoom in *lennyface*, you can individual style your most played champs, different announcers and UI.... > > what i dont like in comparison to league: there are some even snowballier/even more toxic champs, a bit too many items to choose from, some items are overpowered on certain champs, you need to practice much more cause of more mechanics like creep denying etc. > > and you cannot backport without using a dump scroll which costs mana too! > > > if you want still give it a try, i recommend for the start following heroes: Axe, Sniper, Viper, Dragon Knight, Drowranger, Lina and Juggernaut. Later heroes like Windranger, Zeus, Faceless Void or Puge. And if you want the ultra level of mechanics: Shadow Fiend, Arc Warden, Spectre, Lone Druid and Meepo. > > My personal favs were back in 2015: Phantom Lancer, Phantom Assassin, Faceless Void, Skywrath Mage, Elder Titan and Queen of Pain. Really enjoyed those. you also have a courier, and both teams have a shroud in the jungle that heals/restores mana so u dont always need to back port, theres also runes like rejuvination you can get, and all runes refil your bottle. think {{item:2033}} but much better, because it only takes a few seconds to give what it gives in health/mana but is canceled if you take damage from a hero. most people only backport with a tp if they are escaping with low health after a juke, most people use teleport/town portal to get somewhere fast on the map.
: Veigar Vs Rengar hilarious outplay (accidental)
does that veigar have 49 farm 30 minutes in the game?
Leyruh (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=DancesWithFreelo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4nEu56in,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2018-08-17T17:50:23.368+0000) > > pretty sure you never read the OP, i said i could have traded 1-1 had i thrown my mines, you must really love abusing that akali because you sure are defending that digital char pretty hard. Akali had around 75% HP. You had around 50% HP or less. You were low on mana. If you could have thrown your mines, she would have lived anyway. Her Q regens her HP when she is almost or full energy. I'm also simply saying facts. If you think me an "Akali abuser" ( which is negative since she's broken in your opinion, at least that's the vibe you give ) , feel free to check my match history to discover that...I'm an ADC main, lmao. > > and no, heres my problem with that noob champion, turrets should attack her if shes in turret range waiting for cooldowns because shes in her shroud, thats how it should work, she should be detected in turret range, plain and simple. Was old Akali being targeted by the tower when she was in her shroud? No. Her shroud gives her "True Stealth" which makes her untargetable even though you have vision of her. It's like Teemo's passive. {{champion:145}}'s E drops tower aggro too when Evolved because it grants Stealth. The same can be said for Vayne when in Ulti and using Q. The difference is, the two champions above have a shorter Stealth. Akali's Stealth is determined by a zone she created, zone which lasts for a while. You call her "noob champion" because you don't know how she works. I've tried her on the PBE. If you wish to understand a champion's weakness or how to play against them, you should play them, not call them bs and just leave it at that. Her shroud is annoying, sure. But don't spit on a champion when you don't even know how to play the matchup right.
> [{quoted}](name=Leyruh,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4nEu56in,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-17T18:51:44.699+0000) > > Akali had around 75% HP. You had around 50% HP or less. You were low on mana. If you could have thrown your mines, she would have lived anyway. Her Q regens her HP when she is almost or full energy. > > I'm also simply saying facts. If you think me an "Akali abuser" ( which is negative since she's broken in your opinion, at least that's the vibe you give ) , feel free to check my match history to discover that...I'm an ADC main, lmao. > > Was old Akali being targeted by the tower when she was in her shroud? No. Her shroud gives her "True Stealth" which makes her untargetable even though you have vision of her. It's like Teemo's passive. > > {{champion:145}}'s E drops tower aggro too when Evolved because it grants Stealth. > The same can be said for Vayne when in Ulti and using Q. > > The difference is, the two champions above have a shorter Stealth. Akali's Stealth is determined by a zone she created, zone which lasts for a while. > > You call her "noob champion" because you don't know how she works. I've tried her on the PBE. If you wish to understand a champion's weakness or how to play against them, you should play them, not call them bs and just leave it at that. > > Her shroud is annoying, sure. But don't spit on a champion when you don't even know how to play the matchup right. old akali could be revealed though. ? not sure how this new shit works, isaw for one time for a split second, right after she attacked me, then she was invis again not sure.
Kythers (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DancesWithFreelo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4nEu56in,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-17T13:37:31.910+0000) > > 33 kills what god forsaken elo is this
> [{quoted}](name=Kythers,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4nEu56in,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-08-17T17:59:39.820+0000) > > what god forsaken elo is this the i sometimes have a life, but have a job also elo.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hayaishi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JOYqQtF9,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-08-17T15:32:38.236+0000) > > "healthy binary champ" > > This literally makes no sense. > > Wukong is at where he deserves to be. A troll pick until he is reworked. Turns out stealth + gap closer + high burst doesn't leave alot of room for counterplay
> [{quoted}](name=Hexs Fortune,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JOYqQtF9,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-08-17T16:07:18.197+0000) > > Turns out stealth + gap closer + high burst doesn't leave alot of room for counterplay {{champion:84}} nerfs when?!?!???
: > [{quoted}](name=RookPusher,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JOYqQtF9,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-17T14:32:40.082+0000) > > Picking a champ is not trolling. {{champion:82}} picked top consider troll in many games, i got insult for picking him top.
> [{quoted}](name=ValiantKiller,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JOYqQtF9,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-08-17T14:39:20.132+0000) > > {{champion:82}} picked top consider troll in many games, i got insult for picking him top. it kinda is though, in ranked without a support anyways, its basically int feeding he has no gap closer and hes a wave pusher, he will get camped very early before he can 1v2.
Glîtchy (NA)
: List of champs that need nerfs and what changes are needed
{{champion:80}} should not block turret shot period lol. dude has waaay to many free matchups to allow him to dive without taking a turret shot going it and then blocking another with the stun.
: @Riot: No keystone deserves to give 20% true damage.
but they already nerfed wukong so the items fine.
Leyruh (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=DancesWithFreelo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4nEu56in,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-08-17T15:03:21.455+0000) > > ^ it doesnt matter because i was playing ziggs and she could burst me by the time i saw her. Saw the match. You made multiple mistakes : - you constantly used abilities in order to shove the lane, which is bad. If you're against a melee champion and you're ranged, you should focus on last hitting minions with your autos, and punish your opponent when they try to go for farm ( with either auto attacks or abilities ) - during the invade, you overextended which caused you to use your flash. You also missed some farm and exp. When she killed you under tower, you had nothing. No mana, no flash, no barrier, and you weren't healthy. Akali had everything she needeed to dive you. From your point of view, you knew where Akali was, but could do nothing since her combo bursted you down quickly.
> [{quoted}](name=Leyruh,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4nEu56in,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-08-17T17:36:29.986+0000) > > Saw the match. You made multiple mistakes : > - you constantly used abilities in order to shove the lane, which is bad. If you're against a melee champion and you're ranged, you should focus on last hitting minions with your autos, and punish your opponent when they try to go for farm ( with either auto attacks or abilities ) > - during the invade, you overextended which caused you to use your flash. You also missed some farm and exp. > > When she killed you under tower, you had nothing. No mana, no flash, no barrier, and you weren't healthy. Akali had everything she needeed to dive you. > > From your point of view, you knew where Akali was, but could do nothing since her combo bursted you down quickly. pretty sure you never read the OP, i said i could have traded 1-1 had i thrown my mines, you must really love abusing that akali because you sure are defending that digital char pretty hard. and no, heres my problem with that noob champion, turrets should attack her if shes in turret range waiting for cooldowns because shes in her shroud, thats how it should work, she should be detected in turret range, plain and simple.
Herlgar (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DancesWithFreelo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eB3JeOEW,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-08-17T15:52:48.992+0000) > > not sure why people are saying dota has less mechanics lol. "Mechanics" in terms of difficulty of landing abilities, I guess. LoL nearly has only skillshots, while landing a big Sven stun is very rewarding for very little effort (that comes at the cost of a very high mana cost on such spells, though). There are however things like stopping casting animations to feint abilities that do require quick thinking, and a few heroes are very dependent on successfully hitting skillshots (Mirana, Pudge, etc.)
> [{quoted}](name=Herlgar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eB3JeOEW,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2018-08-17T17:31:53.515+0000) > > "Mechanics" in terms of difficulty of landing abilities, I guess. LoL nearly has only skillshots, while landing a big Sven stun is very rewarding for very little effort (that comes at the cost of a very high mana cost on such spells, though). > > There are however things like stopping casting animations to feint abilities that do require quick thinking, and a few heroes are very dependent on successfully hitting skillshots (Mirana, Pudge, etc.) thats bullshit , there are tons of skillshots in dota, alot of hard ones too... every game in league i see nothing but nooblord picks that have little to no skillshots, its why i play shit like ziggs because i prefer to try and get better, not just point and click with {{champion:11}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:62}} {{champion:157}} etc....your just trolling because league is your game dude. if you honestly believe what your saying you never played 800 hours of dota. oh other reasons why dota is harder, blink dager cost alot of gold, and you cannot use it if you are being attacked/have been attacked in the last few seconds, in LoL every kid just flashes when they put themselves in bad spots, there for they never get better, its just a crutch like the welfare system. another cool item in dota is force staff, and u can cast it on yourself or the enemy, and it moves you x ammount of units that you or them are facing. you can build an item and upgrade it many times that nukes a single target like lions ult for alot of damage, can u can even build it on lion, but theres an item called black king bar baby, and on hero gets it for free when he spins to win, right before he pops old fioras ult/yasuos new ult. oh the black king bar makes you magic immune, so stuff like a zeus ult doesnt damage you, but the more you cast it, the less time it last for, think hourglass but after casting it so many times, it only last a few seconds instead of 8 to 10 or whatever it was last time i played before one of the constant updates.
: All the League trolls should just move to DOTA 2 tbh. It's so much easier to troll people in that game. Played with a Nature's Prophet the other day who would constantly trap me in trees during fights then TP into the enemy's fountain. A lot of abilities in DOTA can negatively affect both teams, so it can be frustrating playing with people who don't know the intricacies of the game. This brings me to my next point: the game is not at all new-player friendly. There's a tutorial of course, which is decent in and of itself, but so many things in DOTA have to be learned through experience because there's a HUGE lack of clarity regarding mechanics and ability interactions. For example the difference between ground vision and flying vision, the miss chance when attacking from low ground to high ground, creep blocking/creep aggro, 3 different types of shops (all of which are a confusing mess btw), and so on. League is very intuitive when it comes to mechanics; quite often you can figure out how things work simply by reading descriptions. But a lot of things in DOTA aren't like that, and you'd have to either experience them a few times in-game, or go to the online wiki.
> [{quoted}](name=L Psy Congroo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eB3JeOEW,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-08-17T17:04:52.464+0000) > > All the League trolls should just move to DOTA 2 tbh. It's so much easier to troll people in that game. Played with a Nature's Prophet the other day who would constantly trap me in trees during fights then TP into the enemy's fountain. A lot of abilities in DOTA can negatively affect both teams, so it can be frustrating playing with people who don't know the intricacies of the game. > > This brings me to my next point: the game is not at all new-player friendly. There's a tutorial of course, which is decent in and of itself, but so many things in DOTA have to be learned through experience because there's a HUGE lack of clarity regarding mechanics and ability interactions. For example the difference between ground vision and flying vision, the miss chance when attacking from low ground to high ground, creep blocking/creep aggro, 3 different types of shops (all of which are a confusing mess btw), and so on. > > League is very intuitive when it comes to mechanics; quite often you can figure out how things work simply by reading descriptions. But a lot of things in DOTA aren't like that, and you'd have to either experience them a few times in-game, or go to the online wiki. lol theres alot of ways to get out of trees dude.
Show more

hOrnn

Level 47 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion