isilpro (NA)
: Account Hacked, Sold, Permabanned, tried everything but can't seem to get through
Hello Everyone, Thank you for your support. I've decided to give up. I tried finding the ticket where I requested help in retrieving the account, but I cannot find it. 6 years is a long time ago. Unless Riot can find it in their system that the account had been retrieved, I really don't have any other way to prove it has been compromised. Other than the account changing names, then receiving the ban. The account never received a suspension under the original name. Even then, I feel that Riot doesn't want to invest the time to look into this issue. Maybe I'll revisit this topic in another few years. But for now, I've decided its not really worth all the time and stress invested. Thanks again everyone for your support.
isilpro (NA)
: Account Hacked, Sold, Permabanned, tried everything but can't seem to get through
_**UPDATE**_ #3 Riot's response below. "I went back and reviewed your tickets, specifically the ones you sent in about the tribunal ban. I have confirmed that the account was not compromised at the time of the penalty being earned, and we will not be reverting this judgement. At this point I have to let you know that we will not be able to respond to tickets on this issue in the future. We have addressed this concern fully, and will need to tell you to refer to previous tickets. We will not be able to consider appeals on this account any further, and must continue to help other players that we can help. I wish you the best moving forward. I will have to close this ticket now. Have a good evening."
Nahui (NA)
: You honestly do deserve your account back, but sadly Riot cannot undo permanent bans on individual accounts under any circumstance besides a technical error on their part. This is because once they start doing that, the sheer volume of requests to unban would be overwhelming, and suddenly Riot has to draw some sort of subjective, figurative line on who gets unbanned and who does not. Riot has the policy of no unbanning ever because whilst your case is genuine, there are thousands of others who just want it back because "they'll be good from now on" or "It wasn't my fault, how come he got an unban?" Not saying I agree with Riot, but that's just how it is. They can undo permaban playing status, like Tyler1 for example, but he never got an old account back. It's a bit different. Actual accounts, once permanently banned, are simply gone. Only technical error can reverse it.
> [{quoted}](name=Nahui,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=0019,timestamp=2018-05-25T04:32:49.282+0000) > > You honestly do deserve your account back, but sadly Riot cannot undo permanent bans on individual accounts under any circumstance besides a technical error on their part. This is because once they start doing that, the sheer volume of requests to unban would be overwhelming, and suddenly Riot has to draw some sort of subjective, figurative line on who gets unbanned and who does not. Riot has the policy of no unbanning ever because whilst your case is genuine, there are thousands of others who just want it back because "they'll be good from now on" or "It wasn't my fault, how come he got an unban?" Not saying I agree with Riot, but that's just how it is. They can undo permaban playing status, like Tyler1 for example, but he never got an old account back. It's a bit different. Actual accounts, once permanently banned, are simply gone. Only technical error can reverse it. This would explain a lot on why they keep dodging my situation. But I really hope it isn't true. I can't imagine that they don't have an option to undo permanent bans. There was a person in this thread who got unbanned under a similar situation to mine.
: I think you should try resubmitting a ticket until someone who actually has power answers you. I personally would continue to try and talk to them, and any kind of proof you might have, use it. I recall a friend who told me that he showed Riot his drivers license (I *think* it was because he lost a password/email to an account) and because he showed them a real ID of who he is, they helped him. Don't take the generic answer they gave you when you know good and well that your account was hacked and banned.
> [{quoted}](name=Finn Teh Human,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2018-05-25T02:11:41.698+0000) > > I think you should try resubmitting a ticket until someone who actually has power answers you. I personally would continue to try and talk to them, and any kind of proof you might have, use it. I recall a friend who told me that he showed Riot his drivers license (I *think* it was because he lost a password/email to an account) and because he showed them a real ID of who he is, they helped him. Don't take the generic answer they gave you when you know good and well that your account was hacked and banned. Yes, i'm waiting for them to ask for any sort of proof they need. I will be willing to provide any evidence they require as long as they just ask. But hey don't even give me the time of day.
isilpro (NA)
: Account Hacked, Sold, Permabanned, tried everything but can't seem to get through
_**UPDATE**_ #2 Second response from Riot "I did not mean to indicate that multiple players have been on the account, but I can see where my wording might have suggested that. Truth be told, I have no idea of telling how many different players were on the account, all I can tell you is that we have not seen any evidence of compromise on this account. We have to make our judgement based on the records we have, and I have looked using all the tools available to me. This account is not eligible to be unbanned at this point. If you don't have any new concerns for us, I will need to close this ticket soon. This is to make sure we're helping as many players as possible, and we've already given our final stance on this case."
isilpro (NA)
: Account Hacked, Sold, Permabanned, tried everything but can't seem to get through
UPDATE Riot's response below to my Ticket, "I looked into your account, including the time that these penalties were earned. Unfortunately, there are no signs of compromise on this account. It only looks like authorized users were playing on the account. I wish I had better news on this one, but the owner is responsible for all activity on their account, and we cannot remove this punishment" First, "It only looks like authorized users were playing on the account". You can authorize users to play on your account? What? I thought account sharing was a bannable offense, I would never share my account information. But at least they admitted that there is more than one party involved in this account. (me and the hacker). Second, They admitted that they found more than one person playing on the account. But they didn't find "signs of compromise". Even though they had help me retrieve this account back from the hacker. I don't see how that in itself isn't a "compromise". If the user was "authorized", why would they change the password, and why would I require Riot's help in retrieving the account? Next, they claim that I was responsible for "all activity" on this account. I'm still responsible for the hacker's actions? I had a friend where their account was stolen, and the person used only played Xerath to test their scripts. The account had been banned, but he was able to revoke that punishment once he had retrieve the account. This response really confuses me. I hope to get a better explanation from them. But to me, this response looks like progress. Which makes me extremely hopeful.
CytheGuy (NA)
: I haven't seen a case where people lose their account to hackers and get it back as of yet, so all I can do is wish you good luck. The Rioter who usually comes in to save the day (I like to call him Tantrum, Savior of the Innocent and Condemner of the Damned) has been absent from the more upvoted cases like this one so it'll be a miracle if you manage to get him to appear.
> [{quoted}](name=CytheGuy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-05-24T20:08:51.711+0000) > > I haven't seen a case where people lose their account to hackers and get it back as of yet, so all I can do is wish you good luck. The Rioter who usually comes in to save the day (I like to call him Tantrum, Savior of the Innocent and Condemner of the Damned) has been absent from the more upvoted cases like this one so it'll be a miracle if you manage to get him to appear. Fortunately for me I managed to retrieved the account with the help of Riot. But what is the point when the account is banned. This is where I need help.
: > [{quoted}](name=isilpro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2018-05-24T18:20:48.672+0000) > > I agree that the account is old. But if someone had stolen something from you, caused severe damage to your property and other people, and the authorities blamed it on you. Wouldn't you want to try and prove your innocence? > > I had this account during beta and played on it for several years. Although its 6 years old, there should still be a lot of content on the account that I worked very hard for. > > Or maybe I'm just crazy... See the point i'm making is your account has nothing actually special on it and you can literally make a new account and play on it for a month and have everything your old account had but on a new account. Idk why you are bringing up proving innocence on something so small.
> [{quoted}](name=Fk me Ahri,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=000b00000000,timestamp=2018-05-24T19:35:38.813+0000) > > See the point i'm making is your account has nothing actually special on it and you can literally make a new account and play on it for a month and have everything your old account had but on a new account. Idk why you are bringing up proving innocence on something so small. The account should have a whole lot of blue essence (enough to buy every champ in the game) and a bunch of legacy skins. Since I played on it since beta + several years after. I "literally" cannot play on a new account for a month and get all the champions and skins it originally had without spending a small fortune. So "something so small" and "special" is completely relative. If you don't value time, skins, and champions, then you're correct on your point.
: If it's just an account from 2012 why not just make a new one and move on lol I highly doubt the account would have anything special on it and you can get everything that was on it on a new account in like a month
> [{quoted}](name=Fk me Ahri,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-05-24T18:15:02.105+0000) > > If it's just an account from 2012 why not just make a new one and move on lol I highly doubt the account would have anything special on it and you can get everything that was on it on a new account in like a month I agree that the account is old. But if someone had stolen something from you, caused severe damage to your property and other people, and the authorities blamed it on you. Wouldn't you want to try and prove your innocence? I had this account during beta and played on it for several years. Although its 6 years old, there should still be a lot of content on the account that I worked very hard for. Or maybe I'm just crazy...
Theorex (NA)
: Lets see here. First off you do have your orders. Do you have the areas that you have been playing from the Cafes. If you do you can get the IP's or the ISP that they had been using. Backtrack literally everything that the account has done. Then start using discrepancies. If you have orders saying you were in Iraq etc. With chain of command vouching that you didn't have the access to X server or X type of internet for X period of time. You should be good. Majority of companies will work for and with military and prior service. If you don't have order or anyway to do that. Good Fucking Luck.
> [{quoted}](name=Theorex,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-05-24T17:53:39.152+0000) > > Lets see here. > > First off you do have your orders. > > Do you have the areas that you have been playing from the Cafes. If you do you can get the IP's or the ISP that they had been using. > > Backtrack literally everything that the account has done. Then start using discrepancies. If you have orders saying you were in Iraq etc. With chain of command vouching that you didn't have the access to X server or X type of internet for X period of time. You should be good. Majority of companies will work for and with military and prior service. > > > If you don't have order or anyway to do that. Good Fucking Luck. Hey Theorex, Thanks for the input. But I think we're past the part of retrieving the account. Riot has already agreed that the account was compromised and they have retrieved it for me. So even providing the information again from 6 years ago wouldn't really do much. Since that information was used already to get my account back. But if they request it again, I'll be more than happy to provide it. The issue at hand is that they aren't looking at the timeline in which the account had been suspended and eventually banned. The account was not in my possession during the ban, and by retrieving my account, Riot agrees with me that it had been compromised. But they refused to unban the account. I believe that there is just a bit of miscommunication. I don't think providing additional evidence would be more clear than the evidence provided in the tickets already opened. Hope this clarifies things.
The Iceborn (EUNE)
: Im positive that @RiotTantram will respond to you! This is a case where you didnt deserve the perma ban... I hope this gets resolved for you!
> [{quoted}](name=The Iceborn,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-05-24T17:25:55.424+0000) > > Im positive that @RiotTantram will respond to you! This is a case where you didnt deserve the perma ban... > I hope this gets resolved for you! I really hope you're right. I would be so happy if I were to receive a response from an Riot employee who has actually read my whole situation.
isilpro (NA)
: Account Hacked, Sold, Permabanned, tried everything but can't seem to get through
Yeah, this thread is my way of going at it differently. Tickets don't seem to be working for me, and I feel like I'm just flooding their queue. I'm hoping someone from Riot might see this thread and give it look.
: > [{quoted}](name=isilpro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-24T17:02:33.775+0000) > > No, I didn't get the account banned. The hacker had already gotten the account banned before I retrieved it. > > The hacker played on the account, got it banned. I proved my ownership of the account and got back as a banned account. > > Hope this clarifies things. Yes, It clarifies, You need to submit a ticket saying that the person who compromised your account got it banned and you would like it back. Do you have a time frame from which you were not in the game? and i sure do hope you are not lying.
> [{quoted}](name=Kitty1309,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-24T17:05:32.856+0000) > > Yes, It clarifies, You need to submit a ticket saying that the person who compromised your account got it banned and you would like it back. Do you have a time frame from which you were not in the game? and i sure do hope you are not lying. I've submitted this ticket explaining my situation many times already. The issue is that they don't look further. It would be extremely easy for Riot to tell that I was lying. But the fact that I had to go through the account retrieval process, the different CC used for RP charges, and the name change, should at least warrant an investigation.
: Riots support team is very good and nice, it's not they don't have time, or effort, to try and get your account, it's just they probably don't believe you, but if this post gets enough upvotes they might think your legit. Good luck man, +1
> [{quoted}](name=BrokenRayquaza,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-05-24T17:02:16.676+0000) > > Riots support team is very good and nice, it's not they don't have time, or effort, to try and get your account, it's just they probably don't believe you, but if this post gets enough upvotes they might think your legit. > > Good luck man, +1 I agree with you. I feel that many people who were actually permanently banned for being toxic use the excuse that they had been "hacked". So I can see why they might no believe me. But the difference is that I had to actually go through the process of retrieving my account. On top of things, the account name was changed, which I assume a different CC that has a completely different name was used.
: > [{quoted}](name=isilpro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-24T16:51:39.977+0000) > > I believe the account was banned due to extreme toxicity. The account was already banned even after retrieving it. So were you toxic?
> [{quoted}](name=Kitty1309,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-24T16:59:37.184+0000) > > So were you toxic? No, I didn't get the account banned. The hacker had already gotten the account banned before I retrieved it. The hacker played on the account, got it banned. I proved my ownership of the account and got back as a banned account. Hope this clarifies things.
Elohaven (NA)
: Let me brutally honest: You're not getting your account back. There's probably less than a 1% chance of so.
> [{quoted}](name=Elohaven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-05-24T16:55:09.162+0000) > > Let me brutally honest: > > You're not getting your account back. There's probably less than a 1% chance of so. 1% is still better chances than opening up a knife in CSGO. Nonetheless, it doesn't hurt to try.
: > [{quoted}](name=isilpro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-24T16:43:26.350+0000) > > Riot had recovered my account. But they didn't look further into unbanning the recovered account. I do not know why you were perma-banned. Riot should have sent an email to you with information as to why you were banned. You have a right to know so i think the next step pis figuring out why you were.
> [{quoted}](name=Kitty1309,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-24T16:47:54.098+0000) > > I do not know why you were perma-banned. Riot should have sent an email to you with information as to why you were banned. You have a right to know so i think the next step pis figuring out why you were. I believe the account was banned due to extreme toxicity. The account was already banned even after retrieving it.
: it might be a bit unrelated, but I honestly don't think the permaban should actually be perma. A tech-noob who lets his/her her account hacked can possibly turn into a college graduate with a bachelor's degree in computer science with 5 years of time. A raging, toxic 8 year old can turn into a rationale 13 year old with 5 years of time. The ban phase should definitely be long but I just don't understand the reason for it to be actually permanent. It's been 6 years, and I hope a riot player support can see a reason to unban your account.
> [{quoted}](name=notice me Sin pi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-05-24T16:45:57.125+0000) > > it might be a bit unrelated, but I honestly don't think the permaban should actually be perma. A tech-noob who lets his/her her account hacked can possibly turn into a college graduate with a bachelor's degree in computer science with 5 years of time. A raging, toxic 8 year old can turn into a rationale 13 year old with 5 years of time. The ban phase should definitely be long but I just don't understand the reason for it to be actually permanent. > > It's been 6 years, and I hope a riot player support can see a reason to unban your account. I agree. People can always change through time. I would argue this case if I was the one who got this account banned. But the fact that the account was hacked and permanently banned, is what makes this whole situation a bit silly for me. The fact that Riot took the time to review my evidence to retrieve my account, but refused to look at the same evidence to unban the account kind of baffles me.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kuronii Lumiira,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-05-24T16:19:33.715+0000) > > Yeah, Riot's notorious for doing annoying shit like this, like so many other companies. All they do is hide behind automated or copy-pasted responses without doing actual work. They believe the person is always in the wrong, and they offer no recourse, even for ridiculous circumstances like being hacked. > > I'm pulling for you, man. League has 67 Million monthly players, only about 1,000 people work at Riot. Even if all of Riots employees worked in customer service, which they don't, they wouldn't have nearly enough people to answer every ticket. So automated responses are necessary otherwise it would take months to get any response to your ticket if ever.
> [{quoted}](name=SacroFudge,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2018-05-24T16:42:18.593+0000) > > League has 67 Million monthly players, only about 1,000 people work at Riot. Even if all of Riots employees worked in customer service, which they don't, they wouldn't have nearly enough people to answer every ticket. So automated responses are necessary otherwise it would take months to get any response to your ticket if ever. I submitted a ticket yesterday and received a response today. But received a written message saying again that the account has been "judged by the community" and is "out of chances". Sounded like they didn't even read my plea. This thread is really my last hope in reaching through to Riot.
: > [{quoted}](name=isilpro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-05-24T16:16:19.980+0000) > > Hello Kitty, > > I'm glad you were able to get your account back. > > I've tried submitting a ticket so many time. How did you get them to listen? > > I was able to retrieve my account, but I wasn't able to get it unbanned. I had picture proof that my account was compromised. Thought it was a glitch at first but the guy just went in and changed the email associated with my account. Then tried getting credit card info i presume. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/bug-report/eLTFOgEq-i-think-there-is-a-bug-that-merges-players-accounts-with-the-new-patch-for-league
> [{quoted}](name=Kitty1309,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-05-24T16:42:02.026+0000) > > I had picture proof that my account was compromised. Thought it was a glitch at first but the guy just went in and changed the email associated with my account. Then tried getting credit card info i presume. > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/bug-report/eLTFOgEq-i-think-there-is-a-bug-that-merges-players-accounts-with-the-new-patch-for-league Riot had recovered my account. But they didn't look further into unbanning the recovered account.
: Yeah, Riot's notorious for doing annoying shit like this, like so many other companies. All they do is hide behind automated or copy-pasted responses without doing actual work. They believe the person is always in the wrong, and they offer no recourse, even for ridiculous circumstances like being hacked. I'm pulling for you, man.
> [{quoted}](name=Kuronii Lumiira,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-05-24T16:19:33.715+0000) > > Yeah, Riot's notorious for doing annoying shit like this, like so many other companies. All they do is hide behind automated or copy-pasted responses without doing actual work. They believe the person is always in the wrong, and they offer no recourse, even for ridiculous circumstances like being hacked. > > I'm pulling for you, man. Yeah.. It really hurts me every time I receive the same response from a different rep. It's like they didn't even look at my explanation. Why would they help retrieve my account, but keep it permanently banned? It doesn't make any sense! They simply see the account is "permanent banned" and refuses all pleas. But I still have hope that someone in Riot might see this thread and look into this matter.
: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/LWZBNzqR-my-account-has-been-stolen-and-now-im-permanetly-suspended-and-didnt-do-anything-im-so-confused I had the same problem 2 years ago. I submitted a ticket and was able to prove that i was the owner of the account. Support was able to reactivate my account and let me change the password. Good Luck. Hopefully you get your account back.
> [{quoted}](name=Kitty1309,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-05-24T16:11:57.672+0000) > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/LWZBNzqR-my-account-has-been-stolen-and-now-im-permanetly-suspended-and-didnt-do-anything-im-so-confused > > I had the same problem 2 years ago. I submitted a ticket and was able to prove that i was the owner of the account. Support was able to reactivate my account and let me change the password. Good Luck. Hopefully you get your account back. Hello Kitty, I'm glad you were able to get your account back. I've tried submitting a ticket so many time. How did you get them to listen? I was able to retrieve my account, but I wasn't able to get it unbanned.
: If you're telling the truth then this is super fucked up. I've upvoted to give your post more visibility. Just know that if you're lying it won't get you anywhere. Good luck. +1
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-24T16:09:01.591+0000) > > If you're telling the truth then this is super fucked up. I've upvoted to give your post more visibility. Just know that if you're lying it won't get you anywhere. Good luck. +1 If I was lying, I wouldn't be trying so hard. The account was banned in 2012 and I try every year or few years in hopes that a Riot employee (new or old) that cared enough would take a look at my situation. All the evidence should be in my account, I have nothing to hide. I offered to provide my CC info, license, my address, where I played. But they don't seem to care enough to try.
: submit a ticket
> [{quoted}](name=DimPack,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iyt8Aexe,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-24T15:55:04.137+0000) > > submit a ticket I've done so many times, but I can't seem to get a rep that cares enough to look past the tribunal suspensions.
Rioter Comments

isilpro

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion