Puttyblo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=jaymc1130,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=Annvdq6t,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-06-05T01:05:15.663+0000) > > I approve of this change. > > Get on it rito. I got one better. Windwall is now permanent, and stacks infinitely. Let the minigame begin.
> [{quoted}](name=Puttyblo,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=Annvdq6t,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2017-06-05T01:18:46.096+0000) > > I got one better. Windwall is now permanent, and stacks infinitely. Let the minigame begin. That's too cliche. We have enough mini games. 5 forced touchdowns is perfect.
: Chibi Templar: 1 /3/ 34/ 33/ 28/ 198/ 1.88 Yay I'm trash!
> [{quoted}](name=Chibi Templar,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=VEqJLIFB,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-06-05T01:08:08.036+0000) > > Chibi Templar: 1 /3/ 34/ 33/ 28/ 198/ 1.88 > > Yay I'm trash! Fite me for title Best Trash GD.
: The use of certain emotes on the boards
@ MrFawknSunshine We should probably have asked him if he minded us posting more of the stickers like this as responses. He might not get our sense of humor, I hope we don't offend him. (I get what ya mean though op, I see it a lot too. I try not to let it bug me, sometimes I even embrace it cuz they're mostly just harmless fun even if one or two came with some negative connotations.)
: {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine ,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=EFaI7irm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-06-05T00:47:53.168+0000) > > {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
Puttyblo (NA)
: {{champion:157}} If he Windwalls, all projectiles are directed toward his Nexus spawn point. All abilities are now considered projectiles. Pentakill.
> [{quoted}](name=Puttyblo,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=Annvdq6t,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-06-05T01:00:00.925+0000) > > {{champion:157}} If he Windwalls, all projectiles are directed toward his Nexus spawn point. All abilities are now considered projectiles. > > Pentakill. I approve of this change. Get on it rito.
Pendacan (NA)
: It's rigged.
> [{quoted}](name=Pendacan,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=VEqJLIFB,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-06-05T01:00:15.144+0000) > > It's rigged. ^ Much conspiracy.
: > [{quoted}](name=jaymc1130,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=sAcKEc0J,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2017-06-04T23:43:32.892+0000) > > I dunno here myself... I'm with Xj9 in this one actually. At what point does a 22 game loss streak become intentional. For how long already was it intentional? > > Should a player who plays this consistently incompetently and in an uncooperative fashion (if they were cooperative they would have at LEAST won the 5v4 they had in match history during that streak). To me, playing ranked and giving it zero effort is the most egregious of toxic efforts as it the type of sabatoge there is often no recovering from. > > You lose all you want in normals. > > You ever lose 70% or more out of at least 10 ranked matches in a day you should get rank banned for a week or two. Just to err on the side of caution (players like LiveYIOrDieHard exist, remember?). Intentionally bad play is already reportable in the first place. Things like ignoring team mates to just power push a lane because you're frustrated, randomly diving enemies because you don't want to listen to your team or you want to force your team to play at your pace...stuff like that is already a reportable offense, although it's admittedly hard to track and what-not. Still, if we're talking about just GENUINELY having bad games or large losing streaks, and we're comparing that to people that have shitty sportsmanship and intentionally ruin people's fun and progress in this game for selfish reasons...why would we say the latter is somehow LESS toxic? Both suck, but one is *blatant and malicious sabotage.*
> [{quoted}](name=chipndip1,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=sAcKEc0J,comment-id=0003000100000000,timestamp=2017-06-05T00:14:29.036+0000) > > Intentionally bad play is already reportable in the first place. Things like ignoring team mates to just power push a lane because you're frustrated, randomly diving enemies because you don't want to listen to your team or you want to force your team to play at your pace...stuff like that is already a reportable offense, although it's admittedly hard to track and what-not. > > Still, if we're talking about just GENUINELY having bad games or large losing streaks, and we're comparing that to people that have shitty sportsmanship and intentionally ruin people's fun and progress in this game for selfish reasons...why would we say the latter is somehow LESS toxic? Both suck, but one is *blatant and malicious sabotage.* And I'm asking you for the statistical point at which that becomes detectable. At what loss percentage in what number of games do you have enough information to render an accurate and fair verdict on which is just a poor/unlucky 4 for 24 and which is a trolling 4 for 24. Or do you actually require more specific information and gathering techniques to render and accurate and fair verdict for these cases?
Destaice (NA)
: Mid wanted all 3 bans for his lane so he could play Xerath.
Why didn't you just ban what he wanted... Xerath. Like he asked. Oh... you misread the chat?... Shit. You're bad on that one. <insert copy pasta troll face meme>
: Are we going to stop pretending Pantheon isn't a problem right now?
@ HD Jaymc's proposed nerf to panth: Spear is now skillshot.
Joseraph (NA)
: {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} Just dodge his spears
> [{quoted}](name=Joseraph,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=RF8rXEGu,comment-id=0037,timestamp=2017-06-04T23:30:10.391+0000) > > {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} Just dodge his spears Or pink ward em, ffs you nubs, jeez.
: > [{quoted}](name=XJ9lol,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=sAcKEc0J,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-06-04T21:55:05.192+0000) > > Toxic is toxic yes, however there is severity and I strongly believe in the idea that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. So I always look for what causes the most toxicity. Which is why I say people need to start looking at players who CONSISTENTLY perform poorly causing other people to rage at them. This idea we have currently of &quot;Players can be as awful in ranked as they want to be. However you&#x27;re banned if you even dare to point a finger at them.&quot; Evidence of this being I&#x27;ve been chat restricted for telling people to &quot;quit getting caught out of fucking line and stay with the team&quot; however nothing happens to them for being 1-12 unless they intentionally run down mid to give them a kill. Though Riot is totally fine with them &quot;overstaying&quot; in a fight that ends up with their death because it&#x27;s poor judgment. Riot is so afraid of banning people for playing poorly in the event it&#x27;s a false positive that it&#x27;s so easy to intentionally feed so long as you don&#x27;t make it obvious. Back in Season 4 when I got forced into supporting I would just auto attack the minion waves and when my ADC raged about it, report them. Even though in those interactions I was clearly the instigating party and should have been punished. > > If a raging person had no intention to win the game, they wouldn&#x27;t be raging because they wouldn&#x27;t care. The case you describe is a person who is toxic for the sole purpose of being toxic. I&#x27;d rather have the rager who performs well because I can mute them and they&#x27;re at least competent. That&#x27;s why in games when someone shows any signs of competence, I immediately begin focusing on them even if they&#x27;re raging because I&#x27;ll infinitely trust them to do better than the feeder. > > As for players who just decides you should lose the game, THAT isn&#x27;t static because it will depend on the person and whether they care more about being petty than actually winning. However I&#x27;ll just have you know, I&#x27;ve had more problems in games with bad players than raging competent players. Simply because the raging competent player I can solve by babysitting and handing them kills because either they&#x27;ll stop raging at being behind, or they&#x27;ll continue raging but will be in a position they can carry, at which point all I need to do is play around them. > > Babysitting a player who is absolutely terrible at the game and giving them kills is like encrusting a hunk of shit with jewels. Sure it will look nice but at the end of the day it&#x27;s still just a hunk of shit and will do fucking nothing for me past look pretty. But then you get to a point where it's *a reportable offense* to have a string of bad games or just be bad at the game. That isn't even a feasible claim to make. And I seriously hope you aren't half-way taking the side of someone who legit ints over someone who's just not that good...
> [{quoted}](name=chipndip1,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=sAcKEc0J,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2017-06-04T23:23:52.635+0000) > > But then you get to a point where it&#x27;s *a reportable offense* to have a string of bad games or just be bad at the game. That isn&#x27;t even a feasible claim to make. > I dunno here myself... I'm with Xj9 in this one actually. At what point does a 22 game loss streak become intentional. For how long already was it intentional? Should a player who plays this consistently incompetently and in an uncooperative fashion (if they were cooperative they would have at LEAST won the 5v4 they had in match history during that streak). To me, playing ranked and giving it zero effort is the most egregious of toxic efforts as it the type of sabatoge there is often no recovering from. You lose all you want in normals. You ever lose 70% or more out of at least 10 ranked matches in a day you should get rank banned for a week or two. Just to err on the side of caution (players like LiveYIOrDieHard exist, remember?).
: Are we going to stop pretending Pantheon isn't a problem right now?
You know what I always wondered? Why does a guys who's THE uber lane bully get to have an ult that lets him go be a bully in another lane at the same time. Like, what made riot think this would ever be a champion who wasn't overly oppressive because snowballs soooo hard, or haha weak cuz ganked and no snowball equals useless champion post 30 minutes.
: > [{quoted}](name=jaymc1130,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=sAcKEc0J,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-06-04T22:56:53.610+0000) > > Here&#x27;s the entire problem with your statement: > > &quot;Toxic is toxic&quot;. > > And then you turn around and justify which is more or less in a relative sense. > > I understand the point you&#x27;ve made. I just want to point out this statement actually fails to make your case by the rules of debate. If you open by taking a stance that relativity of the toxicity doesn&#x27;t matter you can&#x27;t then argue feeder&gt;Rager. > > Also, you both need to define toxicity in specific terms for the matter of this debate. > > For example, toxicity, to me, is any act taken in an effort to sabatoge the team. > > This is clean and simple. It&#x27;s broad enough to fit all the specific subsets of toxicity genres. It also identifies what the act must include in order to qualify as &quot;toxic&quot;. Thanks for that, dude. As far as I'm concerned, toxic behavior ranges from team sabotage, threats, foul play, and harassment.
> [{quoted}](name=chipndip1,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=sAcKEc0J,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-04T23:15:01.994+0000) > > Thanks for that, dude. > > As far as I&#x27;m concerned, toxic behavior ranges from team sabotage, threats, foul play, and harassment. Better now that you've defined it. Makes this debate much easier to follow.
: I can definitely agree that there are some people whose ideas are not well received by the community, and some of those are entirely intentional (shitposting), but we don't really want an exclusive community where we just kick out anyone that isn't in the majority, made a controversial post, or made a bad assumption. If you're looking at someone that is straight up shitposting to farm downvotes and piss people off, please report it. If moderation doesn't seem to notice it or you don't agree with the decision we made, you can come talk to us privately on the [Moderation Discord here](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/ZfE311GQ-discord-verification).
> [{quoted}](name=Deep Terror Nami,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=al8JYxsP,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-06-04T03:55:21.084+0000) > > If you&#x27;re looking at someone that is straight up shitposting to farm downvotes and piss people off, please report it. Thanks for the idea. Heading to gameplay now. I've got a doozy of a shitpost this time! =P (I kid)
R0XTAR (NA)
: Thank you very much :)
> [{quoted}](name=eX Roxtar,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=al8JYxsP,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-06-04T03:56:16.762+0000) > > Thank you very much :) Sadly this type of thing happens all too often. I see it daily. I hope you can sort it out with the mod crew. The community appreciates your attempts to help keep it clean.
Pylock (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=jaymc1130,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=ozs2orfY,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-06-04T22:25:10.314+0000) > > This is old information. I can only state that this was accurate as of January this year. > > Skips may be earned at any level of play below diamond. > > Multiple divisions may be skipped at a time. Ive personally never skipped more than 3 st once but the algorithm supppsedly does allow for more, or so I had heard from other testers. > > A skip is earned when various requirements are met. A player must have an MMR+ of at least 150 and be on a win streak of at least 3 games. > > You can tell you are in line for a skip in the near future by checking you op.gg mmr+ (MMR above or below division average) and confirming it is near or over 150 above the average for your current division and you are seeing 32-36 LP per win. Typically, the game worth 36 or more LP is the game you skip after. > > Skips can be earned at the end of a promo series upon it&#x27;s completion, or before a promo series if you MMR+ is above about 220 (I had difficulty confirming a more precise MMR+ requirement here, it&#x27;s awful tough to set up skip play tests and I typically only got one play through on an account before I couldn&#x27;t acquire any more useful data with it). > > Hopefully none of this has changed in the last few months, this information was accurate for seasons 4-6. Thank you for your detailed and informative comment!
> [{quoted}](name=Pylock,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=ozs2orfY,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2017-06-04T22:58:10.111+0000) > > Thank you for your detailed and informative comment! Happy to help mate.
XJ9lol (NA)
: > Toxic is toxic, and whoever is more toxic isn't based on "Who started it" or "Who's worse" more than "Who's toxic" Toxic is toxic yes, however there is severity and I strongly believe in the idea that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. So I always look for what causes the most toxicity. Which is why I say people need to start looking at players who CONSISTENTLY perform poorly causing other people to rage at them. This idea we have currently of "Players can be as awful in ranked as they want to be. However you're banned if you even dare to point a finger at them." Evidence of this being I've been chat restricted for telling people to "quit getting caught out of fucking line and stay with the team" however nothing happens to them for being 1-12 unless they intentionally run down mid to give them a kill. Though Riot is totally fine with them "overstaying" in a fight that ends up with their death because it's poor judgment. Riot is so afraid of banning people for playing poorly in the event it's a false positive that it's so easy to intentionally feed so long as you don't make it obvious. Back in Season 4 when I got forced into supporting I would just auto attack the minion waves and when my ADC raged about it, report them. Even though in those interactions I was clearly the instigating party and should have been punished. >The notion of "I'd rather have a rager that's good than a feeder that isn't too good" is actually blind to logistics. Feeders that aren't that great are still trying to win. Ragers that are good can up and decide to force you to lose over things like taking drag without them, blue buff, red buff, A FUCKING PINK WARD, and so on. Toxicity isn't that static. If a raging person had no intention to win the game, they wouldn't be raging because they wouldn't care. The case you describe is a person who is toxic for the sole purpose of being toxic. I'd rather have the rager who performs well because I can mute them and they're at least competent. That's why in games when someone shows any signs of competence, I immediately begin focusing on them even if they're raging because I'll infinitely trust them to do better than the feeder. As for players who just decides you should lose the game, THAT isn't static because it will depend on the person and whether they care more about being petty than actually winning. However I'll just have you know, I've had more problems in games with bad players than raging competent players. Simply because the raging competent player I can solve by babysitting and handing them kills because either they'll stop raging at being behind, or they'll continue raging but will be in a position they can carry, at which point all I need to do is play around them. Babysitting a player who is absolutely terrible at the game and giving them kills is like encrusting a hunk of shit with jewels. Sure it will look nice but at the end of the day it's still just a hunk of shit and will do fucking nothing for me past look pretty.
> [{quoted}](name=XJ9lol,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=sAcKEc0J,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-06-04T21:55:05.192+0000) > > Toxic is toxic yes, however there is severity and I strongly believe in the idea that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. So I always look for what causes the most toxicity. And this has always been obvious: Trolling. It makes ragers every time without fail.
: > [{quoted}](name=XJ9lol,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=sAcKEc0J,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-06-04T20:44:45.353+0000) > > Honestly, I used to think toxic people were a mystery but instead what I find even more curious is bad players. Let me explain that here: > > A toxic player is pretty simple to understand, they are frustrated and choose a poor way to vent their frustrations. A lot of the time in League the frustration you suffer is not at your own hands but instead the hands of other people. Initially this is what I couldn&#x27;t fathom since I figured &quot;If you&#x27;re aware it is beyond your control, why get angry at the situation?&quot; It&#x27;s League reverts us back to our most primitive instincts. Something where communication falls by the wayside for more quick things such as simple and broken sentences, or pings which can be basically a primal grunt. So for a person to tackle the hurdle of thinking &quot;Maybe it&#x27;s beyond their control and maybe that is influencing them to play poorly so I shouldn&#x27;t rage at them without knowing for sure&quot; is a bit much. Especially when in their state they are likely feeling helplessness more than anything else. Which is what feeling will cause the most frustration of someone who doesn&#x27;t like failure. School projects for example, if your project in a group is severely lacking and the deadline is the next day, odds are you aren&#x27;t smiling and saying &quot;It&#x27;s okay guys!&quot; > > Contrast, we have bad players who as of a couple years ago have become such an interesting topic for me. Not speculating on why they are bad, but their mannerisms are hilarious. For example, they&#x27;ll preach about teamwork however don&#x27;t actually incorporate it into their gameplay. Since to them, teamwork means &quot;I&#x27;ll throw you a heal every so often.&quot; and for them it doesn&#x27;t expand much more past that. So when they&#x27;re feeding excessively or performing really poorly, somebody is going to be justifiably upset. The bad player instead of being capable of thinking &quot;I&#x27;m playing poorly, he&#x27;s angry.&quot; Instead they just scream &quot;omfg toxic, muted!&quot; and instead just shut down entirely. Then it comes to any criticism towards them as being toxic. I have an earlier game as an example. I told my Lucian and Olaf: &quot;Guys, I&#x27;m Zac outfarming you, can you please pick up your CSing?&quot; and immediately our Rakan is screaming &quot;OMFG THIS GUY IS SO TOXIC JUST MUTE HIM EVERYONE!&quot; Ironically when we were pushed to the inhibs at 15 minutes I tossed up a surrender vote. Rakan declines and says &quot;You&#x27;re going to suffer for this Zac because you&#x27;re toxic.&quot; As if he&#x27;s somehow unable to fathom that his actions that game are far more damaging to the team and more toxic than my criticism of our carries being unable to farm properly. > > TL;DR - Bad players by performing poorly are infinitely more toxic than someone having a really bad game and raging about it. I get angry and vent in my one game, the next game I&#x27;m perfectly fine. The bad player is going to continue being bad in every game they play until they get better on their own. Potentially ruining hundreds of games vs the one game a rager will ruin. Hell you can even mute a rager. Especially since they&#x27;re the ones provoking the hostile behavior. Very seldom is someone actually toxic just because, it&#x27;s mostly because people on their team are excessively feeding and making the game impossible to win. Yet oddly are unable to make that logical connection, probably due to a lower level of intellect, in order to fix it. They instead just assume the world is out to get them and don&#x27;t use it as drive to improve so people don&#x27;t rage at them. > > It&#x27;s kind of like a fat person saying &quot;I don&#x27;t want to be skinny, I just want everyone else around me to be fat.&quot; because to these people it&#x27;s easier in their minds to force everyone else to act a way, instead of them having to put forth the effort to rectify it themselves. I began playing League and played poorly, got verbally abused. Eventually decided &quot;I&#x27;m sick of this&quot; and played custom games to figure out how to effectively maximize my farm. Noticed a lot less verbal abuse towards me, and a largely increased rate of performance. I understand your thesis, but I disagree with your conclusion. Toxic is toxic, and whoever is more toxic isn't based on "Who started it" or "Who's worse" more than "Who's toxic". Whoever is more toxic between someone that's feeding and is blind to how that'd piss off his team or a guy that's trying to avoid grouping with his support for 30 minutes straight over his support taking a pink ward (This happened to me yesterday) totally depends on what those two individuals are doing in the match, given that they're being toxic at all. Maybe the former guy gets into spam pinging the jg for 25 minutes straight? Maybe that shitty Xayah finally wised up 5 minutes in and stopped making herself a bag of bricks and cinder blocks to carry (we still won but fuck that person)? The notion of "I'd rather have a rager that's good than a feeder that isn't too good" is actually blind to logistics. Feeders that aren't that great are still *trying* to win. Ragers that are good can up and decide to force you to lose over things like taking drag without them, blue buff, red buff, A FUCKING PINK WARD, and so on. Toxicity isn't that static.
> [{quoted}](name=chipndip1,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=sAcKEc0J,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-06-04T21:32:21.482+0000) > > I understand your thesis, but I disagree with your conclusion. Toxic is toxic, and whoever is more toxic isn&#x27;t based on &quot;Who started it&quot; or &quot;Who&#x27;s worse&quot; more than &quot;Who&#x27;s toxic&quot;. Whoever is more toxic between someone that&#x27;s feeding and is blind to how that&#x27;d piss off his team or a guy that&#x27;s trying to avoid grouping with his support for 30 minutes straight over his support taking a pink ward (This happened to me yesterday) totally depends on what those two individuals are doing in the match, given that they&#x27;re being toxic at all. Maybe the former guy gets into spam pinging the jg for 25 minutes straight? Maybe that shitty Xayah finally wised up 5 minutes in and stopped making herself a bag of bricks and cinder blocks to carry (we still won but fuck that person)? The notion of &quot;I&#x27;d rather have a rager that&#x27;s good than a feeder that isn&#x27;t too good&quot; is actually blind to logistics. Feeders that aren&#x27;t that great are still *trying* to win. Ragers that are good can up and decide to force you to lose over things like taking drag without them, blue buff, red buff, A FUCKING PINK WARD, and so on. Toxicity isn&#x27;t that static. Here's the entire problem with your statement: "Toxic is toxic". And then you turn around and justify which is more or less in a relative sense. I understand the point you've made. I just want to point out this statement actually fails to make your case by the rules of debate. If you open by taking a stance that relativity of the toxicity doesn't matter you can't then argue feeder>Rager. Also, you both need to define toxicity in specific terms for the matter of this debate. For example, toxicity, to me, is any act taken in an effort to sabatoge the team. This is clean and simple. It's broad enough to fit all the specific subsets of toxicity genres. It also identifies what the act must include in order to qualify as "toxic".
Pylock (NA)
: How many divisions can you skip?
This is old information. I can only state that this was accurate as of January this year. Skips may be earned at any level of play below diamond. Multiple divisions may be skipped at a time. Ive personally never skipped more than 3 st once but the algorithm supppsedly does allow for more, or so I had heard from other testers. A skip is earned when various requirements are met. A player must have an MMR+ of at least 150 and be on a win streak of at least 3 games. You can tell you are in line for a skip in the near future by checking you op.gg mmr+ (MMR above or below division average) and confirming it is near or over 150 above the average for your current division and you are seeing 32-36 LP per win. Typically, the game worth 36 or more LP is the game you skip after. Skips can be earned at the end of a promo series upon it's completion, or before a promo series if you MMR+ is above about 220 (I had difficulty confirming a more precise MMR+ requirement here, it's awful tough to set up skip play tests and I typically only got one play through on an account before I couldn't acquire any more useful data with it). Hopefully none of this has changed in the last few months, this information was accurate for seasons 4-6.
GemCrash (NA)
: I remember this name but don't remember what he posted
> [{quoted}](name=GemCrash,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=rI73AAqI,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-06-04T21:46:51.065+0000) > > I remember this name but don&#x27;t remember what he posted Endless spam and bait threads.
: > [{quoted}](name=jaymc1130,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=sAcKEc0J,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-06-04T20:40:18.257+0000) > > Jesus I hope that dude gets the perma he&#x27;s earned. Like, me and my adc (Xayah) were pretty much giving her and Karma the run around, but then a fiesta happened in the enemy's blue jg and river, and my Grags decided to use ult to kill rather than to peel, so a bunch of us died and Vayne got a ton of kills. Didn't mean her and her team were doing that well, though, because we wrapped up and won anyway. I was making an admittedly snarky remark about how Vayne was pointing fingers at Karma when Vayne honestly just got lucky and capitalized, and this is that conversation. Honestly, I was surprised that *the Vayne knew Karma's connection was going off the fritz, but she still decided to just call her an outright shit player anyway.* I mean...REALLY?
> [{quoted}](name=chipndip1,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=sAcKEc0J,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-06-04T21:07:47.529+0000) > > Like, me and my adc (Xayah) were pretty much giving her and Karma the run around, but then a fiesta happened in the enemy&#x27;s blue jg and river, and my Grags decided to use ult to kill rather than to peel, so a bunch of us died and Vayne got a ton of kills. Didn&#x27;t mean her and her team were doing that well, though, because we wrapped up and won anyway. I was making an admittedly snarky remark about how Vayne was pointing fingers at Karma when Vayne honestly just got lucky and capitalized, and this is that conversation. > > Honestly, I was surprised that *the Vayne knew Karma&#x27;s connection was going off the fritz, but she still decided to just call her an outright shit player anyway.* I mean...REALLY? Jerks gonna be jerks mang.
zaqat (EUNE)
: My feelings
Sad to hear that mate. Hope you find something that can fill that void. (Try hanging out here with us, just sitting here on GD cracking jokes and posting memes is 10x more fun than playing the game.)
: People like to post hypothetical conversations with toxic carry mains
Jesus I hope that dude gets the perma he's earned.
Dasdi96 (NA)
: My team instantly dodges when I picked leona top into darius.
Cuz Leo gets destroyed by Darius. I've played a ton of top lane Leo, she gets wrecked by Darius.
Cynicatt (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=jaymc1130,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=MYNmI4ff,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2017-06-04T10:06:42.392+0000) > > I got rainbow dash! > > XD you must have gotten there late and rainbow dash was the only one he had left. I am sorry you had that burden forced upon you.
> [{quoted}](name=Cynicatt,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=MYNmI4ff,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-04T12:04:33.302+0000) > > you must have gotten there late and rainbow dash was the only one he had left. I am sorry you had that burden forced upon you. Rainbow dash best waifu. Fite me.
: > [{quoted}](name=jaymc1130,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=sd6A7Msm,comment-id=0008000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-04T17:00:47.776+0000) > > Chw 2.0, the update and sequel was a broodwar ums. The original was an SC ums and super buggy. 2.0 landed after AoS outdid chw 1.7 and players found it more entertaining. I was talking within TFT environment, because the map editor was much more robust and better capable of supporting those maps.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=sd6A7Msm,comment-id=00080000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-04T17:03:07.070+0000) > > I was talking within TFT environment, because the map editor was much more robust and better capable of supporting those maps. Ah, I see.
: > [{quoted}](name=jaymc1130,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=sd6A7Msm,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2017-06-04T16:02:10.033+0000) > > ^ > And before AoS we had custom hero wars and golems and what not. No, I know for a fact custom hero arenas came after Aeon. Hero arenas in general, though, came out first. But it was also pretty obvious that there was never any actual balance in those maps either.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=sd6A7Msm,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2017-06-04T16:53:00.892+0000) > > No, I know for a fact custom hero arenas came after Aeon. > > Hero arenas in general, though, came out first. But it was also pretty obvious that there was never any actual balance in those maps either. Chw 2.0, the update and sequel was a broodwar ums. The original was an SC ums and super buggy. 2.0 landed after AoS outdid chw 1.7 and players found it more entertaining.
: Actually, DotA was a sequel to a Starcraft mod called Aeon of Strife.
> [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=sd6A7Msm,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2017-06-04T16:00:07.598+0000) > > Actually, DotA was a sequel to a Starcraft mod called Aeon of Strife. ^ And before AoS we had custom hero wars and golems and what not.
CLG ear (NA)
: hey guys ear birthday here
: @ Wuks
I'll edit this example into the op when I get a chance later folks. Title: "Player picks or plays x thing for first time" Content: "No one should be allowed to first time a champion because then I might lose a match because I can't carry hard enough. So I'm gonna call out this player from my last game and act childish and surly in direct violation of the board rules for naming and shaming because I want to qq about underperforming teammates and demand bans for players who are lacking in skill." Verdict: This type of thread doesn't belong anywhere on the boards, ever, under any circumstances as it's purely a negative contribution and call out thread. Absolutely doesn't belong in gameplay, and really not on any other subboard either.
Takazaki (NA)
: I said this in my warden application (roughly) and i'll say it again here. _**The content that needs to be removed is the clickbait upvote farms.**_ there is nothing wrong with having a bad opinion. but as you just stated yourself, posts that spur nothing but toxicity are the true problem with gameplay boards. Simply stating something without any incentive to create meaningful discussion is just as bad ranting/whining/clickbaiting. Threads like Title: lets talk about X champion Body: I want to hear your guys thoughts about him/her/it in this current meta/patch/universe. Short sweet to the point whilst also opening room for true discussion. There is nothing wrong with a short post, its the quality™ that matters. On top of that Wardens/Mod need to also take preventive steps to stop the second biggest issue (imo) in Gameplay boards, redundant postings. This could be fixed by a Warden starting a thread and sticking it for awhile. Title: What should be done about X champion/item/playstyle Body: Its very clear that X have been a central topic for the last Y amount of time. lets collect the collective thoughts of game play boards here. Then supplement it by either Editing the posts with updates or creating gameplay events where gameplay posters can have a round table discussion ( other type of event ) and moving on from there to deliver quality discussion to the people who want it ( again which imo is what gameplay forums should be about).
> [{quoted}](name=Takazaki,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=ZPYggN4A,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2017-06-03T00:41:50.256+0000) > > I said this in my warden application (roughly) and i&#x27;ll say it again here. > > _**The content that needs to be removed is the clickbait upvote farms.**_ > > there is nothing wrong with having a bad opinion. but as you just stated yourself, posts that spur nothing but toxicity are the true problem with gameplay boards. Simply stating something without any incentive to create meaningful discussion is just as bad ranting/whining/clickbaiting. > > Threads like > > Title: lets talk about X champion > > Body: I want to hear your guys thoughts about him/her/it in this current meta/patch/universe. > > Short sweet to the point whilst also opening room for true discussion. There is nothing wrong with a short post, its the quality™ that matters. > > On top of that Wardens/Mod need to also take preventive steps to stop the second biggest issue (imo) in Gameplay boards, redundant postings. > > This could be fixed by a Warden starting a thread and sticking it for awhile. > > Title: What should be done about X champion/item/playstyle > > Body: Its very clear that X have been a central topic for the last Y amount of time. lets collect the collective thoughts of game play boards here. > > Then supplement it by either Editing the posts with updates or creating gameplay events where gameplay posters can have a round table discussion ( other type of event ) and moving on from there to deliver quality discussion to the people who want it ( again which imo is what gameplay forums should be about). GD certainly has a habit or making mega threads for high traffic situations, particularly for things like talking about LCS matches. It's even an idea being championed by others that is showing at least some mild results so far. It's quite possible that a lot of the clutter could be cleaned up with "mega threads" for high traffic topics.
Wuks (NA)
: Alrighty, I've just caught up with the discussion- sorry for the late reply. I'm currently working on a separate project that'll benefit the Gameplay sub-board that I think you'll enjoy. With regards to low-effort posting on Gameplay to garner upvotes and detract from other threads, it's a fine line that we have to walk. With every discussion that we remove, we have to go to the rules and point to a specific rule that it violates. From then on, each removal along those same lines potentially edges the line from a moderation intervention as a need-only basis to a moderation intervention on more subjective standards for each post. That might be something we can do in the future, but we'd have to be able to objectively define the line where we'd be able to differentiate between content that should be removed and content that shouldn't. All in all, what I'm saying is that it's possible, but we're much too fresh to the moderation scene to be making such drastic changes to the policies of a sub-board that we've previously had no moderation abilities in. This is a topic that we'll continuously review, but for now, it's not something that I can see us doing in the near future. As always, I'll continue to post Boards updates in the "Let's Talk Boards" series. Thanks for your feedback, and I can completely empathize with the perception of the declining quality of posts in Gameplay. I'll keep an eye on the Gameplay sub-boards more and look to put forward any changes we can make to the team.
> [{quoted}](name=Wuks,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=ZPYggN4A,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2017-06-04T11:32:04.642+0000) > > Alrighty, I&#x27;ve just caught up with the discussion- sorry for the late reply. I&#x27;m currently working on a separate project that&#x27;ll benefit the Gameplay sub-board that I think you&#x27;ll enjoy. > > With regards to low-effort posting on Gameplay to garner upvotes and detract from other threads, it&#x27;s a fine line that we have to walk. With every discussion that we remove, we have to go to the rules and point to a specific rule that it violates. From then on, each removal along those same lines potentially edges the line from a moderation intervention as a need-only basis to a moderation intervention on more subjective standards for each post. That might be something we can do in the future, but we&#x27;d have to be able to objectively define the line where we&#x27;d be able to differentiate between content that should be removed and content that shouldn&#x27;t. > > All in all, what I&#x27;m saying is that it&#x27;s possible, but we&#x27;re much too fresh to the moderation scene to be making such drastic changes to the policies of a sub-board that we&#x27;ve previously had no moderation abilities in. This is a topic that we&#x27;ll continuously review, but for now, it&#x27;s not something that I can see us doing in the near future. As always, I&#x27;ll continue to post Boards updates in the &quot;Let&#x27;s Talk Boards&quot; series. Thanks for your feedback, and I can completely empathize with the perception of the declining quality of posts in Gameplay. I&#x27;ll keep an eye on the Gameplay sub-boards more and look to put forward any changes we can make to the team. This is about what I figured and just getting it on the slate as something to keep in mind that needs improving as we move forward is fine for now and will give folks time to brainstorm possible solutions, so it works out well that we have time to analyze the situation more in depth for a few months before makin whole sale changes.
: i am behaved. grow a pair before you lecture anyone EVER. sensitive generation.
> [{quoted}](name=Pavlo Voronych,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=otL7AEtA,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-04T09:32:37.763+0000) > > i am behaved. > > > grow a pair before you lecture anyone EVER. > > > sensitive generation. Kid, you're calling for punishment of a player who I probably regularly beat because he's not consistent and plays what he feels like instead of what he's good at, which is his right as a player. However, there is a very clear rule against naming and shaming and you violated every aspect of it with this thread, which is inappropriate content for the boards in the first place and only belongs, at best, in a support ticket. You'll stop getting lectured when you start behaving. Quit being a petulant child.
NotSid (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Odenmaru,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=MYNmI4ff,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-06-04T09:09:39.245+0000) > > He gave us all ponies. Sucks to be poniless you. Fuck! Awesome!
> [{quoted}](name=NotSid,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=MYNmI4ff,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-06-04T09:26:36.487+0000) > > Fuck! Awesome! I got rainbow dash! XD
: > [{quoted}](name=Akali is SO HOT,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=rhuvHkzY,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-06-04T02:35:50.454+0000) > > Enjoy ur permaban kiddo it&#x27;s all over for u > > http://i.imgur.com/N5e6s7y.png[/img] \*aims tactical nuke at jaymc\*
> [{quoted}](name=Tundra Fizz,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=rhuvHkzY,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2017-06-04T03:13:14.039+0000) > > \*aims tactical nuke at jaymc\* <pulls out switchblade Swiss Army knife and brings it to the nuke fight> "I got a bad feeling about this..."
: > [{quoted}](name=Tundra Fizz,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=F1Ane1WK,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2017-06-04T03:06:46.545+0000) > > That&#x27;s a pretty gr8 Akali pic > > Also w0w 19,371 notifications Notifications are for dweebs
> [{quoted}](name=Akali is SO HOT,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=F1Ane1WK,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2017-06-04T05:04:03.082+0000) > > Notifications are for dweebs Am dweeb. Can confirm.
: "the community" bunch of tight ass aram only players looking to turn a video game forum page into a goddamn communist party. only mods get to talk about that shit. i dont need to be lectured on what not to post by some random over the internet.
> [{quoted}](name=Pavlo Voronych,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=otL7AEtA,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2017-06-04T05:37:08.388+0000) > > &quot;the community&quot; > > bunch of tight ass aram only players looking to turn a video game forum page into a goddamn communist party. > > > only mods get to talk about that shit. > I get to talk about this shit. I've been here for 7 years. This is my board. I nurture it, I feed it, I help it grow. If you don't feel like doing the same, you can leave, permanently if need be. > i dont need to be lectured on what not to post by some random over the internet. Apparently you do. Behave. Play nice. You only get one warning.
: > [{quoted}](name=jaymc1130,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=rhuvHkzY,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-04T02:37:13.796+0000) > > I messed with the wrong dude. Rekt, gg no re. Yeah ur in the wrong neighborhood m8
> [{quoted}](name=Akali is SO HOT,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=rhuvHkzY,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-04T02:59:44.794+0000) > > Yeah ur in the wrong neighborhood m8 I blame yahoo maps. They sent me here.
: I need the sticky navbar back again before I lose my mind Tundra http://i.imgur.com/yLLA7xI.png[/img]
> [{quoted}](name=Akali is SO HOT,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=F1Ane1WK,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2017-06-04T02:57:47.374+0000) > > I need the sticky navbar back again before I lose my mind Tundra > > http://i.imgur.com/yLLA7xI.png[/img] Oh man, I didn't even notice it was missing, now it's driving me crazy.
Vacus (NA)
: Sadly, there are three other teammates who can int, too.
> [{quoted}](name=Vacus,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=rhuvHkzY,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-06-04T02:55:15.270+0000) > > Sadly, there are three other teammates who can int, too. By our powers combined, we form: Tobias Fate! {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: Jax gets Jaurim's fist and ninja tabi
False. You automatically get a trinket now at game start. He has 3 components.
: This is pretty nice, but I think it needs more Fizz
> [{quoted}](name=Fisherman Fizz,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=F1Ane1WK,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2017-06-04T02:52:14.815+0000) > > This is pretty nice, but I think it needs more Fizz Cowbell would have been a good second option, but yes, clearly, this is fizz deficient so far.
: > [{quoted}](name=jaymc1130,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=rhuvHkzY,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-06-04T02:32:45.217+0000) > > Oh oh oh I know! > > &lt;raises hand&gt; > > Have Blake be on your team playing Riven. > > =P > > &lt;eyebrow waggle&gt; Enjoy ur permaban kiddo it's all over for u http://i.imgur.com/N5e6s7y.png[/img]
> [{quoted}](name=Akali is SO HOT,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=rhuvHkzY,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-06-04T02:35:50.454+0000) > > Enjoy ur permaban kiddo it&#x27;s all over for u > > http://i.imgur.com/N5e6s7y.png[/img] I messed with the wrong dude. Rekt, gg no re.
: How do you lose as Janna
Oh oh oh I know! <raises hand> Have Blake be on your team playing Riven. =P <eyebrow waggle> (For real though, we did have a support Janna that game lmao.)
: > [{quoted}](name=How Do You Meta,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=97HXApWE,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-04T02:19:53.793+0000) > > I had a duo feed over 20 minutes in under 10 minutes and they threatened to feed if we said anything. > > I&#x27;m like &quot;what do you call 0/20 bot lane?&quot; They fed 20 minutes in 10 minutes? Jesus christ, I've never been a victim of time inflation. How did it feel to experience a half hour in a third of the time?
> [{quoted}](name=Kuronii Lumiira,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=97HXApWE,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-04T02:22:36.895+0000) > > They fed 20 minutes in 10 minutes? > > Jesus christ, I&#x27;ve never been a victim of time inflation. How did it feel to experience a half hour in a third of the time? L M A O
: [Test] Do not open this thread
Fizzed all on my Jayce man... holy hell what overload.
: > [{quoted}](name=M Schumacher,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=FIbJ3ztU,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2017-06-04T01:46:12.042+0000) > > When did 60k /yr become enough to buy 10 cars? > > Only the absolute best of them even crack 100k a year. yeah and then theystream their games and make much more than just 100k in ad revenue, donations, and sub money maybe they all can't buy 10 cars but all of them could definitely afford a car i mean sure they look like losers when they cross their arms like that but they're also the people good enough at the game to get paid to play it i mean dyrus, qt, and scarra have made enough money to retire and they're all in their 20s and attractive women are lining up to see if their next relationship ends so they can fight over who gets to be the next dyrus gf i dont think any of the pros have to worry about having job skills because they're all making bank playing video games certainly sounds better than shitposting on a forum
> [{quoted}](name=Latitoast,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=FIbJ3ztU,comment-id=000700000001,timestamp=2017-06-04T02:17:16.917+0000) > > certainly sounds better than shitposting on a forum Blasphemy. Heretic!
: > [{quoted}](name=Cynicatt,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=FIbJ3ztU,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2017-06-04T02:07:07.131+0000) > > That&#x27;s a lot when they don&#x27;t spend shit for shit because Riot or their manager or whatever pays for their group housing and utilities. Uh, what? You realize that playing video games and forfeiting anything that gives you job skills like working/college puts you in a pretty horrible spot right?
> [{quoted}](name=M Schumacher,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=FIbJ3ztU,comment-id=0007000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-04T02:13:01.313+0000) > > Uh, what? You realize that playing video games and forfeiting anything that gives you job skills like working/college puts you in a pretty horrible spot right? It's pretty debatable that college gives any one work relevant skills these days...
LSA (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cuck My Wife,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=FIbJ3ztU,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2017-06-04T01:11:42.317+0000) > > Can&#x27;t they just use the money to enroll in college and get a degree? he didn't think of that because thinking is hard
> [{quoted}](name=LSA,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=FIbJ3ztU,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2017-06-04T02:00:29.555+0000) > > he didn&#x27;t think of that because thinking is hard College, especially in the US, is one of the biggest money grab scams in the entire world. No one these days ever uses a degree the earn and rarely if ever even enter the field professionally. But they rack up on average 30k in student loans per year, putting the next generation massively in debt in a world where economic strife has become the norm and jobs are not plentiful. In fact, in most cases just having a degree will cause companies to pass you over come hiring time as it would cost more money to get you to do a job a trained monekey could likely do so they'll hire a monkey instead, fail to train it, get rid of it, find a new monkey rinse and repeat. College has not been the smart choice for over a decade, it's become a system designed to opress and indebt the masses as a means of control by the 1%.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=FIbJ3ztU,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-06-04T00:26:09.529+0000) > > Cars are love, cars are life Fuck CA gas prices :(
> [{quoted}](name=M Schumacher,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=FIbJ3ztU,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-06-04T00:47:29.781+0000) > > Fuck CA gas prices :( \> Be me \> Get new job in oil industry \> Get new diesel truck for job \> Take samples of diesel back to the lab that we hold for like 2 years and do nothing with except dump em out 2 years later. \> Begin :thinking: \> Profit
Show more

jaymc1130

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion