: neat idea only its way too abuse able by dickbag premades
> [{quoted}](name=Eternal Hushtail,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=252iOOqp,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-08T01:41:32.631+0000) > > neat idea only its way too abuse able by dickbag premades very simple to make it not available to premades i would think. i did think about this though.
: Would be abused, I would rather them just actually ban people that feed it down mid and don't type anything in chat. Right now all you have to do to bypass a ban is not type anything.
> [{quoted}](name=The Time Warden,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=252iOOqp,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-07T23:44:16.357+0000) > > Would be abused, I would rather them just actually ban people that feed it down mid and don't type anything in chat. Right now all you have to do to bypass a ban is not type anything. huh
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Elisheva (NA)
: {{champion:60}} Umad?
> [{quoted}](name=Elisheva,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=m1d93oEB,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-08-23T04:07:05.171+0000) > > {{champion:60}} Umad? SO MAD!
: I am curious as to what part of sivir puts her on the list not invis can't be untargetable ult literally does 0 dmg. Nothing else can one shot about sivir toxic player doesn't work if they don't even have a playerbase to begin with no revive ult has a lengthy cooldown ult is aoe, but it's for her team aka not something you need to be worried about dodging no minions or turrets the spellshield is the only cool part of her kit that you could possibly be complaining about, but that's an incredibly punishable skill and right now I don't even think she's meta in any form ever since the Essence Reaver changes
> [{quoted}](name=flibitydoo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=m1d93oEB,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-08-23T03:07:31.093+0000) > > I am curious as to what part of sivir puts her on the list > > not invis > can't be untargetable > ult literally does 0 dmg. Nothing else can one shot about sivir > toxic player doesn't work if they don't even have a playerbase to begin with > no revive > ult has a lengthy cooldown > ult is aoe, but it's for her team aka not something you need to be worried about dodging > no minions or turrets > > the spellshield is the only cool part of her kit that you could possibly be complaining about, but that's an incredibly punishable skill and right now I don't even think she's meta in any form ever since the Essence Reaver changes dont get me wrong, if the list were ranked by most hated, shed be at the bottom. yeah its the shield. skills that some have, but others need to purchase are a bit silly. nocturne has the same shit too lol
Rioter Comments
: If you suck that bad play{{champion:103}} {{champion:1}} {{champion:22}} {{champion:51}} {{champion:32}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:80}}{{champion:75}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:102}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:62}} {{champion:83}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:19}}. These guys are super easy. You won't regret it.
> [{quoted}](name=d4rkshock,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PEelE0Eb,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-08-20T04:38:35.856+0000) > > If you suck that bad play{{champion:103}} {{champion:1}} {{champion:22}} {{champion:51}} {{champion:32}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:80}}{{champion:75}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:102}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:62}} {{champion:83}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:19}}. These guys are super easy. You won't regret it. this was a teammate, not me.
Danjeng (NA)
: You got to relax. It's only normal. You just have to wait for the 10% win ratio until he starts spiking.
> [{quoted}](name=Danjeng,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PEelE0Eb,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-08-20T04:03:16.351+0000) > > You got to relax. It's only normal. You just have to wait for the 10% win ratio until he starts spiking. nah its ranked
: The fact nobody started a petition for {{champion:157}} after all these years says a lot about {{champion:142}} (At least I never recalled a yasuo petition) But real talk, riot would never do it, makes me wonder if they did how far they'd go into exploring other champs to delete.
> [{quoted}](name=Tormentula,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MhohJOak,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-08-20T03:06:19.179+0000) > > The fact nobody started a petition for {{champion:157}} after all these years says a lot about {{champion:142}} my life as a mid lane main...work had as ahri to not feed yasuo, back once and suddenly he has 5 kills and one shots me...
Zardo (NA)
: Delete Zoe- vandril(petition on video)
yeah i mean i think there are quite a few champions that have op abilities or entire kits that are op. i do think that we should have a say in a champions existence.
: Stop looking at my profile, my dood
> [{quoted}](name=AnAggravatedPimp,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PEelE0Eb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-20T02:08:03.834+0000) > > Stop looking at my profile, my dood haha
Rioter Comments
jaypiff (NA)
: Insurance
no one likes my idea lol
hOrnn (NA)
: just played vs akali LOL
> [{quoted}](name=DancesWithFreelo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4nEu56in,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-08-17T13:35:50.635+0000) > > level 5 she shroud dove me and turret doesnt reveal her...i mean i played it bad she could 100-0 with just amp tome but i could have atleast traded 1-1 if i dropped mines, i aped out, but how long before riot reverts that idea that turrets dont reveal stealth on akali?? LOL you need to be able to predict where she would go in the shroud. like if one side of the shroud is covered in minions with no way to move around, she is probably on the other side of the shroud, pick your angle and you can hit her. as ahri, when she throws that star and can follow i just ulted under turret, she came at me, charm, dead at 6. there are counters, just try not to tilt and you will see them. you can also try playing her. i feel playing a champ i think is op shows me how easy it is to die with them. and if they are truly that op, just play them and win...
Rioter Comments
: I think map control is the most important section. Map control is team control in a sense. The early cs and gold means you are a strong laner which is fine. Now you need to learn to convert that lane into a win for the rest of your team. A big part of that is helping your jungler keep track of and shut down the enemy jungler once you have a strong lead in your own lane. You should be buying control wards and trying to get deep wards in the enemy jungle whenever your ult is up for escape safety if you get caught. You can also roam and help your bottom and top get leads. This factors into the roam dominance score for getting kills in other lanes. For csing past laning phase, this will naturally get better as you climb rank and people learn to rotate. If there is cs to be safely had anywhere on the map, someone should be there and then move to help their team. Low ranks have a tendency to basically play ARAM once a couple towers are dead completely ignoring all the cs in the side lanes. If this is the case, then tell your team to play safe for a little bit and just go get the cs by yourself pushing up to where your team has wards. You can actually push a little past this on Ahri if your ult is up though. You should be safe to push a lane as long as you know where at least 3 enemies are while your ult is up. Another thing is that low elo junglers ignore their camps once the ARAM business begins. After you clear a side wave, clear the camps as well on your way back. There is no reason for them to be sitting there until the jungler gets them if you can just kill them yourself and have them respawn before the time the jungler would get to them anyways.
> [{quoted}](name=AlienPrimate,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=L1jnirvG,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-08-17T03:24:31.588+0000) > > I think map control is the most important section. Map control is team control in a sense. The early cs and gold means you are a strong laner which is fine. Now you need to learn to convert that lane into a win for the rest of your team. A big part of that is helping your jungler keep track of and shut down the enemy jungler once you have a strong lead in your own lane. You should be buying control wards and trying to get deep wards in the enemy jungle whenever your ult is up for escape safety if you get caught. You can also roam and help your bottom and top get leads. This factors into the roam dominance score for getting kills in other lanes. > > For csing past laning phase, this will naturally get better as you climb rank and people learn to rotate. If there is cs to be safely had anywhere on the map, someone should be there and then move to help their team. Low ranks have a tendency to basically play ARAM once a couple towers are dead completely ignoring all the cs in the side lanes. If this is the case, then tell your team to play safe for a little bit and just go get the cs by yourself pushing up to where your team has wards. You can actually push a little past this on Ahri if your ult is up though. You should be safe to push a lane as long as you know where at least 3 enemies are while your ult is up. > > Another thing is that low elo junglers ignore their camps once the ARAM business begins. After you clear a side wave, clear the camps as well on your way back. There is no reason for them to be sitting there until the jungler gets them if you can just kill them yourself and have them respawn before the time the jungler would get to them anyways. thanks for the tips. i hear what you mean about the game becoming aram, that is definitely what happens most of the time
Rioter Comments
zafey (NA)
: all these trollers, feeders, and boosting duo's ruin the game
the best advice i can give, if you can stomach playing support it was easier for me to brush off the losses and you can always get fed as a sup or get carried. there are good teams out there too. I was just having a hard time with this feeling, and sort of still am. but i am trying to understand I can definitely get better as well.
: do you honestly believe you are better then silver mmr/elo and should be higher and the only reason your not is cuz of trollers, feeders and boosting duos?
i think the issue is that there is such a high number of instances of toxicity, which makes it easy to think this way. i am struggling to get past it. the new stat tracker tool thing they added to our profile sort of woke me up a bit that I have a ways to go. while in a couple ways i am also better than my elo.
Rioter Comments
: You have bad MMR, play better and you'll climb.
> [{quoted}](name=marisgard,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GbNBoHxX,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-08-11T20:07:09.889+0000) > > You have bad MMR, play better and you'll climb. serious question. how would you win a game where your adc is 0/8/2 and the support is 0/8/5?
: It's not based on wins or losses it's based on mmr. Yes you should've been dropped, your mmr was low enough to drop. Either way, Riot makes it pretty easy to climb, they have a ranked shield when you're freshly promoted, if you fail promos once you get a free win in them for the next time you get into them, really it's not as bad as people think. Remember a time where nobody got demoted and the ranked system was absolute garbage so as somebody who's played the game forever, this is much better.
> [{quoted}](name=im still toxic,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GbNBoHxX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-11T19:20:38.546+0000) > > It's not based on wins or losses it's based on mmr. Yes you should've been dropped, your mmr was low enough to drop. Either way, Riot makes it pretty easy to climb, they have a ranked shield when you're freshly promoted, if you fail promos once you get a free win in them for the next time you get into them, really it's not as bad as people think. > > Remember a time where nobody got demoted and the ranked system was absolute garbage so as somebody who's played the game forever, this is much better. why was my mmr low enough when at the time i had more wins than losses in S4 then? and now its three wins in a row just to get back to S4 0 LP instead of S4 like 50+ LP. in order to climb it seems like you have to win an inordinate amount of games in a row.
Rioter Comments
: OK from what i see your csing needs A LOT of work, ive been preparing myself for ranked in norms for a long time now and recently ive been getting 7-ish cs per minute with means that at 10 minutes i have 70 cs and at 20 minutes i have 140 and at 30 minutes i have 310. Your assists and deaths are playing a huge part in your losses, also it seems you dont make good decisions and if you are behind u dont know how to get back into the game. Go play some norms, the players there are usually high silver/smurfs/gold-plat players and ive improved by going in draft and practicing csing, buying control wards, decision making, flash mechanics, etc. To improve csing out of laning phase is REALLY easy, if u have nothing to do, in silver/bronze/gold ive noticed that they just try to find someoene to kill, instead, if you have nothing to do, just go to side lanes and wait for push it in for 2 waves, or until there is a cannon wave. When there is a cannon wave, take the cannon minion and the 3 casters and leave. But if its no cannon minion, wait for 2 waves and take casters and melee minions. While u are waiting for the second wave to come in, go to the enemy jungle and do krugs/raptors/gromp/wolves and you can easily get perfect csing. In the end the key to good cs is being productive if you have nothing to do in the current moment Hope this helps with csing ^
a major issue is that im sitting in lane farming and my adcs come and just take cs when im standing right there...and there is no pressing need to push the lane. jungle comes thru and takes minions. its difficult to fight for cs against the adc. thats why my cs falls off. typically my cs is at the levels you stated at those time marks if i am in lane without people stealing my cs. then there are games where i am having to babysit other lanes that are feeding, making it difficult to cs. the last 5 or so games tho ill admit my cs has been legit shit. but typically my cs starts good then falls off once adcs roam thank you tho
Vlada Cut (EUNE)
: Why? He has no hp sustain ~~nor shielding~~.
lmfao, he has a shield of turrets...
Himeski (NA)
: I meannnnn... he does a lot, but if you get close to him as a lot of people he's probably going to die. Like an ADC they do damage, but once you catch up to them they're gone.
you get close and he just drops his ult turret and kills you by not doing anything...
: the new meta is to feed to win. let your enemy snowball to get a big bounty then shut them down and collect that big ass bounty to leap frog in gold/items
yeah i am not a fan of this new bounty. i get one kill and suddenly im worth 500 gold...
: is ur csing good? warding score? decision making? objective participation? assists? kills? deaths?
ill admit the last few games were poor but overall i do fairly well. I will also admit my warding needs work (and ill admit when i dont ward is when I get ganked and have poorer games) it just seems like no matter how much or how often i win, just a few losses and all my progress is gone
: Get good. Review your games improve adapt improvise proft?
i am, but it makes it difficult to improve when you are stuck at lower ranks with lower quality play, rather than climbing as you show improvement which I have been improving overall and trying to
: If you are at 0 lp and your mmr is lower than your rank, one loss will drop you I'm pretty sure. Raise your mmr and one loss won't drop you at 0 lp. In essence, get better.
why was mmr lower than everyone if other than the couple recent losses I had more recent wins in S4 than losses...Its also difficult to get better when they dont allow you to a legitimate amount of time to normalize at a "higher rank."
krasito123 (EUNE)
: I have to agree with you. I was plat 1 at 5lp then i lost 1 game got at 0lp and lost another game when i was on 0lp and boom "You've been demoted to plat2". Btw balance team is doing nothing but drinking coffee at work. There is way more true dmg in the game than there should be. Every champ now has true dmg or conqueror which is so fcking broken. People climb with playing what is broken not what is skill requiring. I miss s7.
yup thats what I am feeling too
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Jamaree (NA)
: How come out I can climb out of silver with my silver accounts then?
because your main account is platinum. nice troll tho buddy. what are you doing with multiple accounts in silver anyway if your main account is plat?
: > [{quoted}](name=jaypiff,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AXEdAFgJ,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-07T23:41:01.372+0000) > > i hear that about his delay on his w. and i hear what you are saying about the kit as a whole. You say "once she reaches a certain point in the game," that point needs to be a lead. at least i find if i dont have a lead i cant REWQ. if i do i can. i find if im not ahead or behind at all, i REWQ (even a squishy adc) and they end up with enough health that I cant kill them with an aa and the delay for my next ult dash can be enough to get cc'd or killed. maybe after all this time playing ahri im still seriously missing something about her, but idk about that > > back to the OP tho, in my last game tryn top lane did 12,000 damage to turrets, he clearly carried the game. i believe he should get a little more LP than others. im not talking twice as much, but we both know even 1 or 2 additional LP could mean the difference between landing at 99 LP and going into promos. My point is simply that there is no way to make a fair system for giving more or less lp based on performance. Great call makers, for example, would always be undervalued. Flamers would usually be overvalued. Players who get consistently fed but don't know how to close out games would be overvalued like hell. That tryndamere carried the game. That's nice. If he's good at carrying, he should win quite a lot of games. That'll make him climb really easily. If that was just a fluke, however, he'll be stuck where he belongs. (which is the case with him) There really is no need to give more lp to those who did better because if they're really consistently better, they'll easily climb. I know from your perspective it seems this idea really needs to be implemented, because you think you're often doing better than your team and don't deserve to be silver 4, but I assure you you're likely doing some major mistakes that are holding you back. If you want, I can take a look at a game. But first, mind explaining why you built rageblade on Ahri in the past few games? It really doesn't seem ideal.
> [{quoted}](name=FrockSaints,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AXEdAFgJ,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-08T08:53:14.084+0000) > > My point is simply that there is no way to make a fair system for giving more or less lp based on performance. Great call makers, for example, would always be undervalued. Flamers would usually be overvalued. Players who get consistently fed but don't know how to close out games would be overvalued like hell. > > That tryndamere carried the game. That's nice. If he's good at carrying, he should win quite a lot of games. That'll make him climb really easily. If that was just a fluke, however, he'll be stuck where he belongs. (which is the case with him) > > There really is no need to give more lp to those who did better because if they're really consistently better, they'll easily climb. > > I know from your perspective it seems this idea really needs to be implemented, because you think you're often doing better than your team and don't deserve to be silver 4, but I assure you you're likely doing some major mistakes that are holding you back. > > If you want, I can take a look at a game. > But first, mind explaining why you built rageblade on Ahri in the past few games? It really doesn't seem ideal. it seems im not alone, this is quoted from another fresh post on the boards ""So far I have 118 games in gold this season, 59 wins, 59 loses. and have kept an average of a gold 5 mmr of around ~1500. http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=revoke Some games I win, some game I lose. I also have 773 games in silver on my main account this season. 374 wins, 399 loses. The mmr is 1074 on this account. http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=grab Some games I lose, other games I lose. My gold account is fresh to ranked this season, currently owning 21 champions with none really being my main except for Singed and got gold after placements. My silver account is older owning around 100 champs with ~90 of them I can play at least at a mid silver level and I think I placed bronze on this account when I started rank. So why am I able to hold my rank with my gold account and unable to climb with my silver? Simple, the RNG fest is not bad in Gold. Players' skill are more or less normalized here and there isn't a huge skill discrepancy here. With the occasional troll, the games in gold are pretty fun. Meanwhile in silver, it's a fucking nightmare. I won't be able to climb out of it unless my skill level reaches low plat or peak gold level. RNG is rampant. The games is decided by which team gets the ragers. In my past twenty games on my silver account, I had about 5-7 afks on my team alone. The skill discrepancy is huge like the difference between heavens and earth. Players there are prone to not giving a single fuck about the game and treating it as normals. I feel your pain hardstucks. You aren't alone. The team is a legitimate excuse of why you can't climb. Grinding it out does not work. If you are able to consistently do well in lane phase, but unable to close out the game because of the team, it may be best to abandon your account and roll a fresh one. Yes there are delusional people who will try to place the blame on you and tell you to get good. Don't listen to them. While your skills aren't LCS level, they are definitely above the tier you are in. They aren't able to provide you with hard facts, only fallacies. I have shown you with an acceptable sample size where a player can plateau at two different ranks being a whooping 500 MMR apart. Checkmate Git Gud thumpers.""
jaypiff (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=FrockSaints,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AXEdAFgJ,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-08T08:53:14.084+0000) > > My point is simply that there is no way to make a fair system for giving more or less lp based on performance. Great call makers, for example, would always be undervalued. Flamers would usually be overvalued. Players who get consistently fed but don't know how to close out games would be overvalued like hell. > > That tryndamere carried the game. That's nice. If he's good at carrying, he should win quite a lot of games. That'll make him climb really easily. If that was just a fluke, however, he'll be stuck where he belongs. (which is the case with him) > > There really is no need to give more lp to those who did better because if they're really consistently better, they'll easily climb. > > I know from your perspective it seems this idea really needs to be implemented, because you think you're often doing better than your team and don't deserve to be silver 4, but I assure you you're likely doing some major mistakes that are holding you back. > > If you want, I can take a look at a game. > But first, mind explaining why you built rageblade on Ahri in the past few games? It really doesn't seem ideal. i wouldnt be opposed to any constructive critism
> [{quoted}](name=jaypiff,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AXEdAFgJ,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-08-09T02:06:48.263+0000) > > i wouldnt be opposed to any constructive critism im sure one of my biggest faults is not warding enough, and obviously i could cs better
: > [{quoted}](name=jaypiff,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AXEdAFgJ,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-07T23:41:01.372+0000) > > i hear that about his delay on his w. and i hear what you are saying about the kit as a whole. You say "once she reaches a certain point in the game," that point needs to be a lead. at least i find if i dont have a lead i cant REWQ. if i do i can. i find if im not ahead or behind at all, i REWQ (even a squishy adc) and they end up with enough health that I cant kill them with an aa and the delay for my next ult dash can be enough to get cc'd or killed. maybe after all this time playing ahri im still seriously missing something about her, but idk about that > > back to the OP tho, in my last game tryn top lane did 12,000 damage to turrets, he clearly carried the game. i believe he should get a little more LP than others. im not talking twice as much, but we both know even 1 or 2 additional LP could mean the difference between landing at 99 LP and going into promos. My point is simply that there is no way to make a fair system for giving more or less lp based on performance. Great call makers, for example, would always be undervalued. Flamers would usually be overvalued. Players who get consistently fed but don't know how to close out games would be overvalued like hell. That tryndamere carried the game. That's nice. If he's good at carrying, he should win quite a lot of games. That'll make him climb really easily. If that was just a fluke, however, he'll be stuck where he belongs. (which is the case with him) There really is no need to give more lp to those who did better because if they're really consistently better, they'll easily climb. I know from your perspective it seems this idea really needs to be implemented, because you think you're often doing better than your team and don't deserve to be silver 4, but I assure you you're likely doing some major mistakes that are holding you back. If you want, I can take a look at a game. But first, mind explaining why you built rageblade on Ahri in the past few games? It really doesn't seem ideal.
> [{quoted}](name=FrockSaints,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AXEdAFgJ,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-08T08:53:14.084+0000) > > My point is simply that there is no way to make a fair system for giving more or less lp based on performance. Great call makers, for example, would always be undervalued. Flamers would usually be overvalued. Players who get consistently fed but don't know how to close out games would be overvalued like hell. > > That tryndamere carried the game. That's nice. If he's good at carrying, he should win quite a lot of games. That'll make him climb really easily. If that was just a fluke, however, he'll be stuck where he belongs. (which is the case with him) > > There really is no need to give more lp to those who did better because if they're really consistently better, they'll easily climb. > > I know from your perspective it seems this idea really needs to be implemented, because you think you're often doing better than your team and don't deserve to be silver 4, but I assure you you're likely doing some major mistakes that are holding you back. > > If you want, I can take a look at a game. > But first, mind explaining why you built rageblade on Ahri in the past few games? It really doesn't seem ideal. i wouldnt be opposed to any constructive critism
: > [{quoted}](name=jaypiff,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AXEdAFgJ,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-07T23:41:01.372+0000) > > i hear that about his delay on his w. and i hear what you are saying about the kit as a whole. You say "once she reaches a certain point in the game," that point needs to be a lead. at least i find if i dont have a lead i cant REWQ. if i do i can. i find if im not ahead or behind at all, i REWQ (even a squishy adc) and they end up with enough health that I cant kill them with an aa and the delay for my next ult dash can be enough to get cc'd or killed. maybe after all this time playing ahri im still seriously missing something about her, but idk about that > > back to the OP tho, in my last game tryn top lane did 12,000 damage to turrets, he clearly carried the game. i believe he should get a little more LP than others. im not talking twice as much, but we both know even 1 or 2 additional LP could mean the difference between landing at 99 LP and going into promos. My point is simply that there is no way to make a fair system for giving more or less lp based on performance. Great call makers, for example, would always be undervalued. Flamers would usually be overvalued. Players who get consistently fed but don't know how to close out games would be overvalued like hell. That tryndamere carried the game. That's nice. If he's good at carrying, he should win quite a lot of games. That'll make him climb really easily. If that was just a fluke, however, he'll be stuck where he belongs. (which is the case with him) There really is no need to give more lp to those who did better because if they're really consistently better, they'll easily climb. I know from your perspective it seems this idea really needs to be implemented, because you think you're often doing better than your team and don't deserve to be silver 4, but I assure you you're likely doing some major mistakes that are holding you back. If you want, I can take a look at a game. But first, mind explaining why you built rageblade on Ahri in the past few games? It really doesn't seem ideal.
> [{quoted}](name=FrockSaints,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AXEdAFgJ,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-08T08:53:14.084+0000) > > My point is simply that there is no way to make a fair system for giving more or less lp based on performance. Great call makers, for example, would always be undervalued. Flamers would usually be overvalued. Players who get consistently fed but don't know how to close out games would be overvalued like hell. > > That tryndamere carried the game. That's nice. If he's good at carrying, he should win quite a lot of games. That'll make him climb really easily. If that was just a fluke, however, he'll be stuck where he belongs. (which is the case with him) > > There really is no need to give more lp to those who did better because if they're really consistently better, they'll easily climb. > > I know from your perspective it seems this idea really needs to be implemented, because you think you're often doing better than your team and don't deserve to be silver 4, but I assure you you're likely doing some major mistakes that are holding you back. > > If you want, I can take a look at a game. > But first, mind explaining why you built rageblade on Ahri in the past few games? It really doesn't seem ideal. when my team isnt pushing turrets i build it because its the only way i can destroy a turret in a reasonable amount of time as ahri. also if i am mainly pushing turrets i get enough ap to attack anyone that comes near me while i am attacking the turret since ill have full stacks. it also allows me to have an aa that will actually do some damage in those situations where people may get away with near 0 health where i have no spells available. its a situational item. its not something i would build if i were behind though most likely. maybe im wrong but it seems to work out whenever i do decide to build it looking through my history i do win the majority of games where i use it. i have also on occasion built redemption if my team needs a heal. i also max charm 2nd (which may be meta now but ive always done it) in an attempt to feed my team (which also feeds the guinsoos)
: > [{quoted}](name=jaypiff,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AXEdAFgJ,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-07T17:25:24.796+0000) > > according to the wiki, veigar does more damage. that maximum damage from ahri is also after three bursts...that take time, in that time pretty much any adc or melee champ can 2 shot you, veigar can one shot you, annie can one shot you, diana can easily burst you. > > if you look veigars W does 60 less damage than ahris MAXIMUM DAMAGE from her ult...and considering he gets additional AP from his passive there is no comparison. You're completely missing the point. Of course his W deals a lot of damage. It has a big delay. You have to look at the whole kit and how good it is at achieving victory. Not at simply dealing the most dmg. Besides, it doesn't matter if you do the most dmg. What matters is that you do enough damage. Once she reaches a certain point in the game, all Ahri has to do is REWQ and the adc is dead. Granted, there's counterplay, but there's no denying she's strong. If you look at op.gg, Ahri has a 54.13% win ratio in ranked, for the past 7 days. Meanwhile, Veigar is at 51.48%. Now this isn't a direct correlation to power, counterplay, fun, all that stuff, but it IS a good indication that Ahri is overtuned right now, in particular because of her recent E buff, when she was already good.
> [{quoted}](name=FrockSaints,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AXEdAFgJ,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-07T22:12:08.700+0000) > > You're completely missing the point. Of course his W deals a lot of damage. It has a big delay. You have to look at the whole kit and how good it is at achieving victory. Not at simply dealing the most dmg. Besides, it doesn't matter if you do the most dmg. What matters is that you do enough damage. Once she reaches a certain point in the game, all Ahri has to do is REWQ and the adc is dead. Granted, there's counterplay, but there's no denying she's strong. > > If you look at op.gg, Ahri has a 54.13% win ratio in ranked, for the past 7 days. Meanwhile, Veigar is at 51.48%. Now this isn't a direct correlation to power, counterplay, fun, all that stuff, but it IS a good indication that Ahri is overtuned right now, in particular because of her recent E buff, when she was already good. i hear that about his delay on his w. and i hear what you are saying about the kit as a whole. You say "once she reaches a certain point in the game," that point needs to be a lead. at least i find if i dont have a lead i cant REWQ. if i do i can. i find if im not ahead or behind at all, i REWQ (even a squishy adc) and they end up with enough health that I cant kill them with an aa and the delay for my next ult dash can be enough to get cc'd or killed. maybe after all this time playing ahri im still seriously missing something about her, but idk about that back to the OP tho, in my last game tryn top lane did 12,000 damage to turrets, he clearly carried the game. i believe he should get a little more LP than others. im not talking twice as much, but we both know even 1 or 2 additional LP could mean the difference between landing at 99 LP and going into promos.
: > [{quoted}](name=jaypiff,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AXEdAFgJ,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-07T04:27:23.682+0000) > > id love to hear your explanation as to how ahri's ult can do as much damage as veigars ult... I told you to go to the wiki: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Ahri http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Veigar Obviously, Veigar's ult wins in single target damage, but if Ahri hits 3 champions 3 times, her ult will deal [540 / 810 / 1080 (+ 315% AP)]. If Veigar uses his ult on you while you're at 1 hp, his ult will deal [350 / 500 / 650 (+ 150% AP)]. Just compare the numbers. Besides, the game doesn't work that way. Some champions have more dmg, some champions have less dmg. Doesn't mean champions who have more dmg are stronger. There's a lot of other factors to consider. You have to look at the whole kit.
> [{quoted}](name=FrockSaints,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AXEdAFgJ,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-07T08:50:55.378+0000) > > I told you to go to the wiki: > http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Ahri > http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Veigar > > Obviously, Veigar's ult wins in single target damage, but if Ahri hits 3 champions 3 times, her ult will deal [540 / 810 / 1080 (+ 315% AP)]. > If Veigar uses his ult on you while you're at 1 hp, his ult will deal [350 / 500 / 650 (+ 150% AP)]. > > Just compare the numbers. Besides, the game doesn't work that way. Some champions have more dmg, some champions have less dmg. Doesn't mean champions who have more dmg are stronger. There's a lot of other factors to consider. You have to look at the whole kit. according to the wiki, veigar does more damage. that maximum damage from ahri is also after three bursts...that take time, in that time pretty much any adc or melee champ can 2 shot you, veigar can one shot you, annie can one shot you, diana can easily burst you. if you look veigars W does 60 less damage than ahris MAXIMUM DAMAGE from her ult...and considering he gets additional AP from his passive there is no comparison.
: Trolling is very subjective. Is that Darius support trolling or is he going off-meta to counter the enemy support? Hard to say and it wouldn't be fair to punish him just for not adhering perfectly to the meta. And even if he is trolling, that's a fairly minor offense (preposterous notion, but he's only being annoying and nothing more). And AFKing more commonly has more to do with real life stuff than ragequitting. Cruddy internet, parents who won't take "no" for an answer, emergencies, etc. All of those can cause someone to reasonably go AFK (which there already is a pretty harsh punishment for, by the way.) Also, _banned?_ That's swatting flies with sledgehammers. You're fixing the problem by making **an even bigger problem**. Nobody's going to play League if they lose their account because their wifi flatlined and, even if they do, they won't spend money on their accounts because they're just going to lose the skins they buy and Riot will have to undo such an absurd change or League will collapse.
there are multiple game options, not just ranked solo q. there is also team ranked. im saying to ban from solo q only. and it doesnt have to be after one offense, but come on. At the very least if there werent trolls "causing me to lose" i would be able to get a better image of my skill level. because right now it seems like if i dont have a troll or afk, i get fed and more often than not my team wins. if i have a troll or afk we lose. that is simply the pattern im seeing. of course there are games mixed in where i just seem to have garbage luck, cant land a skill shot, or they keep getting away with 10 health and i just cant get a kill to save my life.
: Then just don't play League. It won't kill you and you can come back later.
or if they just punish trolls and afks harshly in ranked, i wouldnt have to worry about it. they dont have to let everyone play ranked. if you troll or afk you should be banned, period. problem solved. and someone like me who doesnt act like a troll doesnt have to be punished for other peoples negative behavior.
: If you give more or less lp based on performance, it becomes abusable and it might screw over unique ways to win the game. As simple as that. There really is no need to complicate things. To give you a personal example, a few years ago I came up with a strategy that allowed us to win most games, despite feeding like hell. I'm talking stuff like 2 kills to 40 and still getting the win. I meant balancing in terms of champions, items, runes, objectives, etc. There's plenty of issues right now. It often feels like 1 step forward 2 steps back, with Riot. They should have more meaningful discussions with players outside of Riot (and inside too I guess, from the results), and should really take a good look at their ideals and how they often go against them with no good reason. I completely disagree with Ahri's ult being weak, though. Not only is it 3 dashes, it can also potentially deal considerably more damage than Veigar's ult. Look it up on the wiki. She was recently buffed and is now a bit overbearing. You're complaining about it because you're an Ahri main and you're inexperienced, but I assure she's very much on the strong side. There's certainly a lot of work that can be done with punishments, honor, matchmaking and the formula for lp. There's great research out there, on psychology and also on 5v5 ranking of players of variable strength, that Riot would really benefit from studying properly. About your streaks, it's painfully obvious that Riot custom tailors matchmaking depending on the players situations, much besides their elo. For example win streaks and loss streaks, promos, etc. It removes agency, unless you play a lot better than your current ranking, and it just feels bad. As for your 5+ game streaks, that's an example of what I mean with Riot custom tailoring matchmaking. Still, if you're overall better, you'll still climb, because you'll also have win streaks, or periods of win->defeat->win->defeat where you can end that pattern by just being a bit better. I don't think it's very fun or fair for games to be stomp or get stomped and to have to turn around "get stomped" games by just being considerably better. Like I said, the state of the game doesn't help, but it often feels Riot does it on purpose. Still, you're in silver IV so just get decent and you'll climb very easily. Yes, some games are unwinnable, but most aren't.
> [{quoted}](name=FrockSaints,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AXEdAFgJ,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-06T23:59:15.163+0000) > > If you give more or less lp based on performance, it becomes abusable and it might screw over unique ways to win the game. > As simple as that. There really is no need to complicate things. To give you a personal example, a few years ago I came up with a strategy that allowed us to win most games, despite feeding like hell. I'm talking stuff like 2 kills to 40 and still getting the win. > > I meant balancing in terms of champions, items, runes, objectives, etc. There's plenty of issues right now. It often feels like 1 step forward 2 steps back, with Riot. They should have more meaningful discussions with players outside of Riot (and inside too I guess, from the results), and should really take a good look at their ideals and how they often go against them with no good reason. > > I completely disagree with Ahri's ult being weak, though. > Not only is it 3 dashes, it can also potentially deal considerably more damage than Veigar's ult. Look it up on the wiki. > She was recently buffed and is now a bit overbearing. You're complaining about it because you're an Ahri main and you're inexperienced, but I assure she's very much on the strong side. > > There's certainly a lot of work that can be done with punishments, honor, matchmaking and the formula for lp. > There's great research out there, on psychology and also on 5v5 ranking of players of variable strength, that Riot would really benefit from studying properly. > > About your streaks, it's painfully obvious that Riot custom tailors matchmaking depending on the players situations, much besides their elo. For example win streaks and loss streaks, promos, etc. It removes agency, unless you play a lot better than your current ranking, and it just feels bad. > > As for your 5+ game streaks, that's an example of what I mean with Riot custom tailoring matchmaking. Still, if you're overall better, you'll still climb, because you'll also have win streaks, or periods of win->defeat->win->defeat where you can end that pattern by just being a bit better. I don't think it's very fun or fair for games to be stomp or get stomped and to have to turn around "get stomped" games by just being considerably better. Like I said, the state of the game doesn't help, but it often feels Riot does it on purpose. > > Still, you're in silver IV so just get decent and you'll climb very easily. Yes, some games are unwinnable, but most aren't. id love to hear your explanation as to how ahri's ult can do as much damage as veigars ult...
: If you find League to be that unpleasant (because you are going to lose games at least 50% of the time) maybe you should play something else that you'll always win at. Or, completely absurd notion, realize that you **can** have fun despite losing. I used to play soccer and my team lost all the time just because they weren't better than the other team, that doesn't mean I never had a blast scoring goals or making nigh-impossible passes. Developing such an attitude really helps me enjoy competitive video games like League. Yes, losing isn't nearly as fun as winning and sometimes game are absolutely rotten with no fun parts, but you just have to be a good sport and accept defeat when it comes or you're going to be miserable.
again, there is a difference between losing and your team or a single troll or stupid riot logic forcing you to lose. i played a 1v1 game with a plat on my friends list, it was somewhat close then he started whooping my ass. Im ok with that and I had fun. Even put that in a ranked match and someone is showing me skills that actually surpass my own thats cool. But when i annihilate a veigar or annie like 10/0 and they are 0/10 and they can still ONE SHOT ME with their ult...you bet im raging at riot for being so unbalanced. When I go 10/0 on my lane and ping when my lane roams, yet my team ignores the pings and remains pushed even though my lane roaming is allowing me to destroy a turret, then they feed. then suddenly my lane comes back with 2 kills, and since it was a zed or yasuo that i worked insanely hard to shut down as an ahri you bet im pissed Or when someone in champion select BANS MY DECLARED CHAMPION you bet i rage. or when league autofills me to a lane that i cant play and my choice is dodge or lose essentially, but you cant dodge multiple times because then you cant play. yet its ridiculous to think you should be able to play every position AT THE SAME SKILL LEVEL. do i somewhat understand how to play other positions sure, but to the same extent that i play mid, my main? no way. so when I lose as a jungle to a person who mains jungle, you bet im pissed. Im playing ranked to CLIMB RANK, and do so by playing the position and champions that i play best. if i want to mess around ill play normal blind pick, then who cares if you lose. Thats where you try out new positions and champs, not ranked... so again, there is massive difference between losing, and what happens so often while playing ranked league where your team loses.
: Think about the successes that you had during the game, be it first blood or a good multi-kill and focus on that and not the "inferiority" of your team.
it becomes very difficult to do that when your team feeds at a rate of 1+ death per minute, and thats not a rare occurence
: At silver you shouldn't have to worry about things like that, there are a barrage of things to improve on and until you become that 75 percent win rate player, focus only on your self in game, forget you team.
so teammates feeding so hard its impossible to win is something that i should just ignore, and just take the loss saying "well i should be so good that I can overcome my 0/15 bot lane at 10 minutes" thats kind of an unrealistic standard to hold yourself to
: People need to learn how to enjoy losing games.
thats all well and good. but the issue is when people dont communicate, they refuse to play as a team, they actually int...that happens way more often when i lose than a team just getting outplayed. or it literally is the champion choice which means the loss was decided before the match even started, like when one team has no tank because neither the sup, top, nor jg picked a tank. so now there is basically no way to win a team fight because tanks do just as much damage as assassins but have 3,4, or 5 times the health. or when you push your lane to their nexus turrets, play babysitter to every other lane, dont die at all, lose no turrets in your lane, but somehow your team feeds so hard you lose...thats not an exaggeration, that sort of thing has happened to me on more than one occasion. this is the stuff that tilts me. champions like veigar that literally just have to click on you once and their ult does 1500+ damage killing you in one shot...seems like a legitimate, skillful move huh? i do try every match to improve my play, but when you get stuck with troll after troll after troll, how do you climb rank when you lose more LP for a loss than you gain for a win...or when you drop rank for a single loss at 0 LP. then the cycle of nonsense continues.
: I disagree. Performance shouldn't be accounted for, because how do you even find out exactly how important you were for the win? There's a lot of different playstyles that end up winning in different ways. Yes, sometimes you'll get unlucky and it'll feel bad to lose so much lp when it wasn't really your fault, but the opposite also happens, and as long as that isn't very frequent, it's perfectly fine. The issue is it's actually quite frequent. There's 3 main things that can be done regarding your issue: * Better matchmaking and formulas (that don't directly depend on player performance); * Properly balancing and designing the game to better account for player skill; * Promoting an environment where people feels less tempted to troll, afk, flame, etc (this can be helped a ton by reducing frustration in the system). I have more thoughts on the matter, but this is the summary.
> [{quoted}](name=FrockSaints,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AXEdAFgJ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-02T19:55:37.586+0000) > > I disagree. Performance shouldn't be accounted for, because how do you even find out exactly how important you were for the win? There's a lot of different playstyles that end up winning in different ways. Yes, sometimes you'll get unlucky and it'll feel bad to lose so much lp when it wasn't really your fault, but the opposite also happens, and as long as that isn't very frequent, it's perfectly fine. > > The issue is it's actually quite frequent. > > There's 3 main things that can be done regarding your issue: > * Better matchmaking and formulas (that don't directly depend on player performance); > * Properly balancing and designing the game to better account for player skill; > * Promoting an environment where people feels less tempted to troll, afk, flame, etc (this can be helped a ton by reducing frustration in the system). > > I have more thoughts on the matter, but this is the summary. im not sure how you can say performance should not be a factor. you could certainly pick key points for each position and understand they need to achieve a certain level in that "field." meaning if you are adc and you do 0 damage to turrets...like you should gain less LP, you are meant to do damage and clearly you were not trying to. balancing in terms of champs? i feel there is a major issue here. It seems that a major part of winning is champion choice. now i understand that certain skills will counter other skills, morgs shield will counter ahris charm in lane, sure, thats fine. But ahri's ult does 100 damage and moves at a distance shorter than many champs q,w,e (whatever their dash is assigned too). her ult is ridiculously underpowered compared to a number of champs. Veigar can do 1000+ damage...the best ahri can do is like 250... balancing in terms of teams? meaning skill level of players? i think that requires tracking more stats than just win or lose. i think punishments need to be immediate and harsher for offenders in ranked matches. If you play ranked and you troll (first offence), you are banned for an actual period of time. I do mean once. Three strikes your IP should be banned from solo ranked play forever. There is still normal. (if you can find a team and play 5v5 ranked, fine) i think the current honor system is a decent start though on the other end in the sense that some people are going to not troll to gain the rewards of honor. although im not sure how many are actually reformed based on this. another thing i think would be wise...if a summoner tries to make their summoner name "imatroll" clearly they should not be playing solo q ranked... like you said if this happened once in a while thats one thing, but i have had 5+ game streaks where I had an afk, a feeder, or whatever else. then i am dropping rank like crazy. I have climbed from S5-S3 twice now and i just cant avoid trolls long enough to get any higher, especially when it demotes me after one loss at 0LP
Show more

jaypiff

Level 137 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion