: @Riot Any chance of retouching LoR Lv2 Ezreal's face a tiny bit?
Don't forget this is also Ezreal BEFORE his rework, so they have to fix that too
: RIP EZREAL
I'll never stop playing Ezreal. He is why I play league (Big fan of his character). I'll ride this main train through the OP times and the Garbage times. Never been in-between for long.
: Ezreal fangirls be like
Nah man, the only reason we got the skin is cause Ezreal's a popular adc. Nobody asked for it really
: Battle academia ezreal auto attacks
Probably a bug, but who cares they both are classified as autoattacks technically
: The new ezreal skin
: BA Ezreal skin
It's a legendary, trust me I see so many people crying about "Why did HE get the legendary skin!!"
GreenLore (EUW)
: The person I was responding to talked about how Riot should make skins for champs who have become meta again after being out of the meta for a long time. And the problem with this is that if a champion isn't played a lot of times and then rises in the meta again, it is most likely because of a buff they received(unless they got an entire rework, in which case it remains to be seen if the popularity stays or not) and it is impossible to say if this popularity will persist or not at the moment when they become meta again.
GreenLore (EUW)
: Good skins can take months to create and there is no reason to assume that just because a certain champ has become meta again,that said champion will still be part of the meta once the skin is finished.
Champion Popularity =/= Champion Viability How popular a champion is can be determined by Meta, but it's not necessarily the only reason why a champion might be popular.
: I think {{champion:245}} Could have done as good of a job as {{champion:81}}. Both as anime kids with special powers.
Personally I think Ekko would be the second best pick, I think Ezreal still's a better pick
: Lux and Ezreal do NOT NEED ANY MORE SKINS!
You're right, others deserve more skins. It's just that riot makes more skins for the popular champions, I can give you two reasons why Ezreal got this skin. 1. Ezreal is one of the most popular ADC's with the fact he's been in the top 3 picked ADCs for the past 14 patches. Riot is a company that needs to turn a profit in order to actually function. So they make skins that they know are going to sell. What skins are those going to be? Well the ones for the champions that the players most want to play. - Wise words from: Wilk Łucznik's 2. Ezreal is the most thematically fitting for a shonen male protagonist He is the staple anime boy in league, and literally was made to be like that. Like look I get it, it's frustrating to not get a skin for the champion that you want, but unless a champion suddenly gets popular it's not going to see a lot of skins for a long time. Riot is a company that's going to follow trends set by us, the players.
: > [{quoted}](name=Wilk Łucznik,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=s7fGzxqr,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-02T16:33:30.020+0000) > > Lunar Empress Lux, Pajama Party Guardians, Battle Academia Lux and Ezreal,... well I guess just about all the recent Lux and Ezreal skins. > > Yeah, all those. I know the common argument out of frustration is that these champs are "Riot's favorites," and that's why they always get so many skins. > > Except they aren't. > > Think about it. If Riot actually had favorites, then they would make the skin for whatever it was. They wouldn't care if that skin made money or not (which is the common counter to said favoritism argument), because they are doing it out of favoritism. > > No, the reason that champs like Lux, Ezreal, and Ahri receive skins more often is not because of *Riot's* favoritism, but rather the *player base's*. > > Yes, the primary reason Riot makes skins is to make money. No one denies that. Riot is a company that needs to turn a profit in order to actually function. So they make skins that they know are going to sell. What skins are those going to be? Well the ones for the champions that the players most want to play. > Ezreal has been in the top 3 picked ADCs for the past *14* patches. Ahri has been in the top 10 picked mids for 11 out of the past 14 (and still in the top 20 for those other 3). > > Sure, there may be some cause and effect going on where "champ is popular because they have skins, popular champ gets more skins, repeat ad infinitum", but that's not going to account for much. *People like playing these champions*. That's why Riot chooses them, because they want the most members of the community to want what is for sale. > > If all of a sudden champs like Aurelion Sol, Skarner, and Singed started having play rates like Ahri, Ezreal, Lux, and others, then those champs would be who Riot makes skins for. > > So yes, I understand the frustration for not getting a skin for your main (My main champs are Quinn and Xerath. Trust me, I know how you feel). But can we please stop this argument of "Riot plays favorites"? The only ones playing favorites here are the ones playing the game. At the same time you cannot deny that making a skin for a champ would directly increase the champion’s playrate. Its only natural that if they keep making skins for these champs, people would play them more. If they keep pushing out skins for these champs, you’re obviously going to see a decrease in playrates for other champs.
These are long term popular champions, giving a skin to a champion will only increase it's popularity with a short term spike
: Though to be completely honest at the very least Ezreal being in this skinline at least fits the theme perfectly
Lol all these butthurt people down voting my comment because I'm not mad with them
Kanzler (NA)
: Skins Team: We MaKe SuRe We PiCk ThE bEsT fItTiNg ChAmPiOn FoR eVeRy SkIn. Riiiiiiiiight. Ok ~~money grabbers~~ artists.
Even if ezreal has too many skins I think he’s probably the best choice for that skin line
: > [{quoted}](name=jekroo274,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=eLoZN835,comment-id=0002000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-02T04:42:28.274+0000) > > Yeah, but they HAVEN'T that means it’s exclusive to AHRI. And my point is that if they ever decide to do it again it'll be much easier to justify. All they'd have to do is point to Ahri. That is what a precedent is.
My point is just that specific skinline is exclusive to Ahri. If they change that then so be it, but right now that skins line is limited to Ahri. That’s what exclusive is.
: > [{quoted}](name=jekroo274,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=eLoZN835,comment-id=00020000000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-01T23:04:14.662+0000) > > Until they do it again (By that I mean make a skin line out of it), it's just an exclusive. It was a one-time thing! ...Until the next time they do it. Really, they'd be foolish not to repeat that strategy. It's easy money.
Yeah, but they HAVEN'T that means it’s exclusive to AHRI.
Bultz (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=kda akali,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=piIbqqAE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-30T21:23:56.743+0000) > > There are Shonen anime where girls are the MC, off the top of my head I can think of Jojo, Soul Eater, Kill la Kill, Claymore, and Akame Ga Kill. Also madoka magica is magical girl themed but has story tropes that most Shonen anime have. > > Also SG is mostly only girls because there isn't enough male champions that fit with the theme seriously. The only other champions that maybe would fit into SG that I can think of are Kayn, Varus, and Ekko because they all are younger champions and they aren't extremely muscular or buff. Imo while it would be funny, I can't see someone like Darius or Udyr getting a Star Guardian skin. Fuck. That. Noise. You will not justify this. 1. Most of those girl anime’s are magical girl theme, hence the fucking star guardians. The females received those skins and exrael purely because he is a gay joke among the community with Taric. None of those champions got star guardians because it’s a girl skinline. So is the pop star skin line they just got with Golden chromas. Plus lux just recieved her ultimate skin with like 7 skins in it plus her lunar skin. She needed another one this year clearly. No this should have been an all boys skinline. Fair is fair.
Ezreal got the skin because he's the main magical girls love interest. Ya don't have to be gay to be in this skinline, take Nunu as a slight example he's going to get a SG skin. Ezreal = Tuxedo mask. (He also references wanting a tuxedo instead of his outfit)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=eLoZN835,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2019-05-01T12:10:08.253+0000) > > let's be real here for a second. That's just an ahri exclusive. They only did it once, therefore they can never do it again, eh? Is that how precedent works?
Until they do it again (By that I mean make a skin line out of it), it's just an exclusive.
: I mean.... to be completely honest I only care about this game because of Ezreal so I'm not going to complain at all cause this is just a win for me lol.
Though to be completely honest at the very least Ezreal being in this skinline at least fits the theme perfectly
Lewanor (NA)
: So we got Lux and Ezreal again in a big narrative skinline. Again.
I mean.... to be completely honest I only care about this game because of Ezreal so I'm not going to complain at all cause this is just a win for me lol.
: He is still arguing for the action to take place, unprompted, I might add. Regardless of intent, that’s pretty screwy.
He really isn't, he's saying a what if scenario. In other words "What if this had happened", not "I think this should have happened" Again sorry for the late comment I don't go on the boards too often
: > [{quoted}](name=WAZZZUP500,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=eLoZN835,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-01T00:40:26.764+0000) > > I could see ezreal fangirls. He's the type of character that guys have but girls think is cute. Reminds me of a web comic protagonist (from what I can gather from the ads and stuff) Why couldn't he be a bit more manly though. There is absolutely nothing male about him, he is always like a coward trying to avoid confrontation, talks in a high pitched voice. Why he couldn't be more like Jayce in terms of manliness?
There's nothing unmanly about dungeon crawling for fame, glory and the fun of it.
Rodsquad (EUW)
: Ekko and Taliyah could of replaced Ezreal and Lux in the new skinline.
Ezreal while already has a lot of skins, is just a better choice for "Male anime protagonist". Ezreal is literally the staple anime boy for league, also Ekko already has an academy skin so it would be just too similar.
: Lux Comic Preview
Yeah yeah cool, so uh where's Ezreal in this story?
: Revert Ezreal W
AS an ezreal main/one trick, I didn't even consider W as a ability, it was literally trash. The self attack speed combo, almost never worth it. The only good use was to stack your attack speed. Which is so much more boring compared to this new W, this new W literally makes combos so much more fun. It feels super good to hit a W and then an ability. IF I cant use a Q after marking with W, it makes me think "Is using E to auto target them a good idea?", and you can use it now for objectives which is far more useful then the old W
: Well, because he said this: > [{quoted}](name=Yousosmart,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=fAbeAU9K,comment-id=000c000000000001,timestamp=2019-02-06T03:25:52.818+0000) > > Thing is, what if Sylas tried to force himself upon her? Forcing yourself upon someone is a euphemism for molestation or rape. And he's specifically arguing for the situation to happen, ergo he on some level wants it to occur. A+B= He wants her to get molested or raped.
This is a bit of a late comment, but uh that's not what I meant. I mean why'd you assume he WANTS Lux to get molested and/or raped. Not cool to assume he'd want that man
: So... you want Lux to get molested and/or raped. Yeah. I think I’m going to stop talking to you now.
Gilgayu (NA)
: Who is your favorite champion?
Ezreal {{champion:81}}
: Why, Jarro Lightfeather is only the most dashing, brave, and selfless hero ever to grace the kingdom of Demacia. (and humble, too)
You're amazing. As Ezreal's top 10 biggest fans, I believe you're gonna do good w him
Brydaro (NA)
: What's the point of Ezreal?
Ezreal can poke out enemies, is a safe choice and has one of the best mid-game spikes.
: recommend a fun champion
Ezreal, his play style is way more fun then other adcs. He’s all about skillshots so if you can land those then it feels super rewarding to play him. Especially with his new W, Ezreal is all about being a spell-slinging marksman, hitting your W and then your Q (or any other ability) feels SO GOOD. But I might be biased as an Ezreal one trick
Rioter Comments
: My vote for male kPop would have to be: {{champion:268}} (cause he can summon armies of bouncers to stop overly enthusiastic fans, and is a lead-singer sort of role) {{champion:85}} (Have you SEEN that breakdancing?!?!) and {{champion:497}} cause the guy loves to dance. ... Fine. {{champion:81}} can come too, since he's always being fangirl'd over by the riot community. >.> I just think he has too many skins already. --- Also...Pyrotechnics / DJ Brand (Technicolor FX on his abilities)
ezreal can never have to many skins -Ezreal's biggest fan
: I just want explorer to get his jacket back.
: I just want the first version of pulsefire back the new one makes me want a refund and had me stop playing ezreal
Personally I don't mind the new one TOO much, other then the fact the VOICE is the same as regular Ezreal. I mean it makes sense, but the old voice was much cooler then this one. This one is... annoying
Rioter Comments
iG Rakan (EUW)
: Next comics better not be Garen or Lee Sin.
{{champion:81}} Ezreal is an explorer and travels a lot, like A LOT. He would be a perfect comic, not because he's popular (though that does help) but because he definitely would help with world building. As well as many of his field notes could be used to make stories. There's also the issue that many people dislike Ezreal as he acts self-centered, though I don't think he is. It was mentioned a ton by the narrative writer for Ezreal, FauxSchizzle, "He's on what's called an "evolution plot". If he doesn't change his ways, he moves to the opposite path, a "devolution plot" ". This is something I'd love to be explored in the comics.
: Problem with the Ezreal rework(too unlikable?)
I agree with a lot of what you said, as someone who loves Ezreals lots I would like to see them do some of those changes.
: Lux and Garen aren't exactly siblings. they are siblings in arms. it explains why both of them shout "Demacia!"
Nope, family blood + same parents. Definitely siblings
Zeanix (OCE)
: You know, Pulsefire skin line would make a great animated series!
: > [{quoted}](name=nosafterburn,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=dI1xHXzq,comment-id=0003000500000000,timestamp=2018-08-24T05:01:08.876+0000) > > {{champion:99}} : Are we supposed to be dating? We’ve never even met! > > {{champion:81}} : Who needs a map? > > > See they still interact perfectly now. EDIT: fixed that for you
Hey, I'm confused with what's the reaction (Now that his special interactions are out) with the taunt response "Are we supposed to be dating? We’ve never even met!" There really isn't a reaction to that other then his standard taunt responce
: During the last champion reworks, their skins were being available again, so it should be good for you once Ezreal rework is live and released. https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/champions-skins/champion-release/nunu-willump-available-now You could buy Nunu skins (also separately) for a while.
Rioter Comments
: it _is_ the same VA tho and as for the personality, he's always been like this. they just added some new lines and put some flare on the existing ones
They definitely amped up his ego, he went from a likable arrogant adventurer to a spoiled self-absorbed rich kid.
Siyther (NA)
: how else would u explore caves unless dressed like a miner
Personally, I prefer when he looked like Indiana Jones
Rioter Comments
: I’ve feared this day would come. His voice is horrendous, just simply isn’t pleasant to listen to. This update has made him too girly in my eyes, and if the type of VO lines like the one at the end of the video will be swarming, then I’m done. Also, why change the Pulsefire skin again, when it was changed last year? It may look better, but then last year’s efforts were in vain and waste of time, money, and energy. Kyle’s voice is actually so much better than this horror. Please hire Kyle. But to say something good too… His gauntlet looks good.
I love Ezreal, most of it was the voice and the splash art so I was okay with the in-game model. I like the new look he has but I hate his new voice and lines, he used to be very cocky and arrogant, now he's all that plus a spoiled sounding rich kid. They should have given him the lux treatment and just kept the same voice, atleast that's what I wish would of happened as a Ezreal Enthusiast.
: Ezreal Gameplay Preview | League of Legends
I love Ezreal, most of it was the voice and the splash art so I was okay with the in-game model. I like the new look he has but I hate his new voice and lines, he used to be very cocky and arrogant, now he's all that plus a spoiled sounding rich kid. They should have given him the lux treatment and just kept the same voice, atleast that's what I wish would of happened as a Ezreal Enthusiast.
haenex (EUNE)
: New ezreal bois POGGERS
: What is Taric the Gay's opinion on the new Ezreal
Infernape (EUW)
: Ezreal and the new cinematic.
I hope its not, this would make Ezreal even more cool
Show more

jekroo274

Level 80 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion