Voldymort (EUNE)
: >Please tell me where it says all males are a certain way?Try reading it again. ok >most of the league base players are **MALE**, therefore when **they ** *{the male players}* see someone bullying a girl on league -- **they** *{the male players}* say nothing, because if they do, **they** *{the male players}* are white knights and get bullied along with us do you not even know what you're writing???
> [{quoted}](name=Voldymort,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-15T07:34:36.240+0000) > > ok > > do you not even know what you're writing??? Riiiightt.. So if you're not the bully, or the white knight, or the non responder -- please tell me what you are? And if you are one of those, is that not most of the players in league? lol? lolol? Do you know what you're writing?
: > [{quoted}](name=jennay,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=000e000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-16T00:11:21.716+0000) > > Riiiightt.. So if you're not the bully, or the white knight, or the non responder -- please tell me what you are? And if you are one of those, is that not most of the players in league? lol? lolol? Do you know what you're writing? I actually do know what I'm writing. I was speaking on how I felt about someone using a phrase as old as "make me a sandwich?" It's just that rare to me that I'm assuming the type of person they may be based off of those choice of words. But to answer your question. Given the scenario is during a match. I'll just spam you to mute them and I'd just report them after the match. If it's not during a match then I just kinda don't care lmao. I'm curious on why you're so defensive for some reason when I haven't even cut into you at all. Makes me wonder what your real reason may have been for making this post.
> [{quoted}](name=Malefic Reality,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=000e0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-16T01:40:13.970+0000) > > I actually do know what I'm writing. I was speaking on how I felt about someone using a phrase as old as "make me a sandwich?" It's just that rare to me that I'm assuming the type of person they may be based off of those choice of words. > > But to answer your question. Given the scenario is during a match. I'll just spam you to mute them and I'd just report them after the match. If it's not during a match then I just kinda don't care lmao. > > I'm curious on why you're so defensive for some reason when I haven't even cut into you at all. Makes me wonder what your real reason may have been for making this post. I have zero idea why this got posted to you! I clicked reply to the other guy, but for some reason it posted to you O_o. That was meant for the other guy who said "do you even know what you're writing?", that's strange that it didn't post to his though. Hmm. I'm sorry about that xD.{{sticker:sg-janna}}
: > [{quoted}](name=jennay,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=000e0000,timestamp=2018-09-15T06:18:09.148+0000) > > It is under there! But it's hard to detect because if they say something like "make me a sandwich" or "get your girl on a leash" it's not scanned like a single word such as egirl, racial slurs, or KYS :\. I'm just wondering what neckbeard even still uses phrases like that. Not to promote toxicity, but they need to climb from under that rock which is their mom's basement and step outside a bit.
> [{quoted}](name=Malefic Reality,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=000e00000000,timestamp=2018-09-15T13:05:17.725+0000) > > I'm just wondering what neckbeard even still uses phrases like that. Not to promote toxicity, but they need to climb from under that rock which is their mom's basement and step outside a bit. Riiiightt.. So if you're not the bully, or the white knight, or the non responder -- please tell me what you are? And if you are one of those, is that not most of the players in league? lol? lolol? Do you know what you're writing?
: no one is going to respond if the thread is dead
> [{quoted}](name=R107 Games,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=000700000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-15T05:07:54.881+0000) > > no one is going to respond if the thread is dead But you are {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: Good lord, this post is still alive. And now I'm here to help it remain alive. I'm with the guy who said make a sandwich and taunt them that they don't have one. But on a real note don't let them get under your skin; it's just petty masculine toxicity. Though thinking about it, maybe Riot should consider adding sexism under the "Hate Speech" report option. I'm just wondering if there are any feminist[nazis] playing the game that would abuse it.
> [{quoted}](name=Malefic Reality,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2018-09-15T05:16:15.789+0000) > > Good lord, this post is still alive. And now I'm here to help it remain alive. I'm with the guy who said make a sandwich and taunt them that they don't have one. > > But on a real note don't let them get under your skin; it's just petty masculine toxicity. Though thinking about it, maybe Riot should consider adding sexism under the "Hate Speech" report option. I'm just wondering if there are any feminist[nazis] playing the game that would abuse it. It is under there! But it's hard to detect because if they say something like "make me a sandwich" or "get your girl on a leash" it's not scanned like a single word such as egirl, racial slurs, or KYS :\.
: this thread was 5 days ago lmao, what are you on
> [{quoted}](name=R107 Games,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=0007000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-15T04:41:22.156+0000) > > this thread was 5 days ago lmao, what are you on Heaven forbid some of us have lives and can't respond right away. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
Febos (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Galiö,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=00010001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-10T15:21:22.892+0000) > > to be honest you are a disgusting person > This is who you are, disgusting. Yikes. Keep going bud. If you dig for long enough you might eventually reach Australia. {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} *** > [{quoted}](name=Galiö,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=00010001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-10T15:21:22.892+0000) > > If you are for gender equality try to stick up for women next time. Don't need to. There's only 1 "woman" I need to "stick up" for... my young sister. Every other woman in my life can defend themselves, from words, just fine. I'm not a holy/white knight. I'm not here to defend anyone in particular. My job here, like everyone else's, is simple: report abusive behaviour... like yours, for example. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
> [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=000100010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-10T15:28:59.435+0000) > > Yikes. Keep going bud. If you dig for long enough you might eventually reach Australia. > > {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} > *** > > Don't need to. There's only 1 "woman" I need to "stick up" for... my young sister. Every other woman in my life can defend themselves, from words, just fine. > > I'm not a holy/white knight. I'm not here to defend anyone in particular. My job here, like everyone else's, is simple: report abusive behaviour... like yours, for example. > > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} Yeah, and I hope someone tells your sister in a scenario where she posts about it on a forum to discuss it "I see 2 scenarios where you would get harassed more than said women I know and have played with. Here are the options in which you probably fall into, and I'm going to assume your SN (even though you stated it) is an attention grabbing feminine name. I just like calling out BS, so that's why I'm here calling you out on your BS! Unless you have recorded information in which you can relay to me about the amount of times you feel you get harassed, I call BS that it happens as often as you say it does, it must be pull out of thin air." You make the world a better place for your sister by stating "facts" of what happens in the community, but do nothing to help relieve the issue. Now, I'm sure you're going to try and make a comment about "make the world a better place" while talking on a video game forum as you like to point out parts of a sentence and try to rip it apart with your logical fallacies. My turn! Your first logical fallacy is appeal to ignorance. Despite being given information, you're trying to claim that since you have not seen it, therefore it must not happen like I've stated. Your second is false dilemma/false dichotomy by trying to say "I must have done option A or option B to get this level of harassment". The causal fallacy, "you must have a provocative or feminine name that causes you to get that type of harassment". The problem with people like you (yes, I'm going to use a fallacy here in case you want to quote it), you point out the problem, you talk about it, but do nothing to help solve it. It's like (here comes the fallacy) watching a woman cross the street and a man passing by starts to harass her and you say "I noticed you got harassed, maybe you got harassed because you dressed that way, not that I believe it's ok that you got harassed or that you should be because you dressed that way, but I just noticed that -- that's what happened. I mean, my friends wear clothes like you but it doesn't happen to them, so the only way I see you getting harassed like that is because A or B. You seem like the type who is option A, but I'm just pointing out that people are going to harass you for that. I'm not going to do anything about them harassing you, but I'm just letting you know.. You know.. That, that's why you're getting harassed. I'm just saying. That guy over there who is defending you and screaming at me? He's just too emotional and isn't able to come at me with a logical response to my observations that I decided to relay to you, so I'm just going to point out the flaws in his argument and make myself sound smarter by doing that. I'm only going to say something if it happens to my sister, because -- I only care about my sister. If it happens to my sister when I'm not there though? Well, that's too bad, because I'm going to wish I was there, or that some 'holy white knight' stood up for her and did something. But maybe there will be another guy like me, who -- you know.. Will just let her know what I've witnessed and tell her the reasons she got harassed and do nothing to help the problem. Because guys like me? We legit."
: That leads into my other reply; > [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=00010001000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-10T17:13:34.522+0000) > > The issue with this is there are easy key words to detect and punish for homophobia and racism. Heck, if someone is racist or homophobic without using slurs or keywords I tend to see them get a normal punishment since it's often the context that makes their poor behavior derogatory. Manual reviews would obviously be able to pick it up, but a majority of the punishments are determined by a automatic system. Sexism (as far as I know) doesn't really have any key words or slurs that I can think of that would identify them as such. "KYS" is a quick and easy keyword to find and determine as unacceptable with extremely little context. If someone were to say something like, "Go off yourself" They would likely avoid the punishment escalation because the machine is not prepared to look for near endless variations that someone could tell someone else to kill themselves.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=00010001000100010000,timestamp=2018-09-15T04:06:05.296+0000) > > That leads into my other reply; > > "KYS" is a quick and easy keyword to find and determine as unacceptable with extremely little context. If someone were to say something like, "Go off yourself" They would likely avoid the punishment escalation because the machine is not prepared to look for near endless variations that someone could tell someone else to kill themselves. Right! And I totally understand why it would be difficult to hammer down on someone saying "go make me a sandwich" because obviously you can't be banned for saying sandwich haha, can you imagine? But in all seriousness, I realize that it is much more difficult to try and catch people being sexist unless someone actually reviews the game. Which is why I resort to submitting tickets, but I started feeling awkward when I looked back on my ticket history and the titles are slowly piling up as "sexist player, sexist toxic player, blatant sexism" haha. I'm just like -- well, they must be getting tired of me by now. But it would be nice if the sentencing of sexism would be equally as harsh and KYS.
: If some sorry excuse for a man ever demands that I make him a sandwich, I'm going to re-enroll him in school(pre-K all the way to college) so that maybe, somewhere along the way, he'll learn to make his own fucking sandwiches.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-09-15T03:58:04.907+0000) > > If some sorry excuse for a man ever demands that I make him a sandwich, I'm going to re-enroll him in school(pre-K all the way to college) so that maybe, somewhere along the way, he'll learn to make his own fucking sandwiches. {{sticker:sg-kiko}} RIGHT?! I have gotten that a handful of times, and I was like -- you do realize that most of the culinary industry are men right?... How about YOU make ME a sandwich!
: I actually respect that,lmao,that's gender equality. But hey,women only want equality when it benefits them.
> [{quoted}](name=R107 Games,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2018-09-10T20:20:50.078+0000) > > I actually respect that,lmao,that's gender equality. But hey,women only want equality when it benefits them. And that kind of generalized statement is considered sexist lol.
: >Being a girl and having that as part of your name isnt an Invitation to be harrassed. For the people harassing over that aspect, it is. Should it be? Of course not, and they should be hit with some sort of punishment when they do. But that doesn't change that there are people in any online setting that will harass anyone that labels themselves as a girl. Suggesting that someone should stay safe and avoid mentioning their gender (or any part of their personal life tbh) is different than shaming a person for that aspect of their life. It's like suggesting that someone should keep their car doors locked in a bad neighborhood. You can still believe that it's wrong to steal and that the people who steal from unlocked cars in the neighborhood should be punished. But there's no getting around the fact that it's better for people to have their car doors locked while in the bad neighborhood, no matter how much you disagree with stealing. At least until the neighborhood gets better. The internet is filled with people, when empowered by anonymity, will find any aspect about a person to attack and harass them over. The more likely the person is to get offended over the attack, the more likely they are going to be attacked over that subject (since the goal was to offend the person). No amount of effort of Riot will likely change this completely, since the worst that Riot can do is ban them when caught.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=000100010001,timestamp=2018-09-10T15:53:25.463+0000) > > For the people harassing over that aspect, it is. > > Should it be? Of course not, and they should be hit with some sort of punishment when they do. But that doesn't change that there are people in any online setting that will harass anyone that labels themselves as a girl. > > Suggesting that someone should stay safe and avoid mentioning their gender (or any part of their personal life tbh) is different than shaming a person for that aspect of their life. > > It's like suggesting that someone should keep their car doors locked in a bad neighborhood. You can still believe that it's wrong to steal and that the people who steal from unlocked cars in the neighborhood should be punished. But there's no getting around the fact that it's better for people to have their car doors locked while in the bad neighborhood, no matter how much you disagree with stealing. At least until the neighborhood gets better. > > The internet is filled with people, when empowered by anonymity, will find any aspect about a person to attack and harass them over. The more likely the person is to get offended over the attack, the more likely they are going to be attacked over that subject (since the goal was to offend the person). No amount of effort of Riot will likely change this completely, since the worst that Riot can do is ban them when caught. That is essentially what I want. Not a ban from the game, but at least a harsher punishment -- basically I want reports about sexism to be a major hammer down like it is when someone says "KYS". I rarely ever see anyone, if at all say KYS anymore because everyone knows you'll get punished severely for it! That's what I think would help cull the level of sexism that exists in this game.
Febos (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Galiö,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=000100010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-10T14:56:51.023+0000) > > Are you really that deeply seeded in sexism? > LOOK AT YOUR COMMENTS > Holy shit you are dense. Keep hammering away the insults. I have thick skin bud. {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} *** > [{quoted}](name=Galiö,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=000100010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-10T14:56:51.023+0000) > > You said she will get slack for having something that references her being female in the name, and hence being harrassed? Correct. That is the consenquence. I know plenty of females whom **do not** get harassed and, funny enough, their names aren't "gender neutral". In other words, you can assume they are female based on their name. The difference is their name is just like mine; it isn't "provocative". *** > [{quoted}](name=Galiö,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=000100010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-10T14:56:51.023+0000) > > So it's their fault they are being harrassed, not the person. Strawman again. I just stated the consequence. I never said I agree or disagree with it. The truth is you can be harassed for anything. The name is just easier to target because it's right there for everyone to see. Just like when bullies make fun of some kid's name, even though the kid didn't chose his own name. Harassment comes in all shapes and forms. Some are easier to fix, for example someone being bluntly sexist. You probably skipped what I said earlier, so let me remind you: > [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-10T08:48:52.100+0000) > > A few weeks ago I reported one player that was being sexist, not targeted at anyone but sexist nonetheless, and guess what happened? > [Instant Feeback Report](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/MTe3VV4G-instant-feedback-report-6) Some are harder to fix, like what you are doing. *** > [{quoted}](name=Galiö,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=000100010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-10T14:56:51.023+0000) > > Get the fuck out of here with that shit. I don't think you're in a position to **demand** anything. Good try though. {{sticker:vlad-salute}}
> [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=0001000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-10T15:10:00.746+0000) > > Keep hammering away the insults. I have thick skin bud. > > {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} > *** > > Correct. That is the consenquence. > I know plenty of females whom **do not** get harassed and, funny enough, their names aren't "gender neutral". In other words, you can assume they are female based on their name. The difference is their name is just like mine; it isn't "provocative". > *** > > Strawman again. I just stated the consequence. I never said I agree or disagree with it. > > The truth is you can be harassed for anything. The name is just easier to target because it's right there for everyone to see. Just like when bullies make fun of some kid's name, even though the kid didn't chose his own name. > > Harassment comes in all shapes and forms. Some are easier to fix, for example someone being bluntly sexist. You probably skipped what I said earlier, so let me remind you: > > Some are harder to fix, like what you are doing. > *** > > I don't think you're in a position to **demand** anything. Good try though. > > {{sticker:vlad-salute}} Try reading my post to find out what my name is, or you know -- look at the name that replies to you. Then come back to me and explain what about my name garners attention other than being feminine because idk.. IT'S MY REAL NAME WITH AN ADDED "A". Equal opportunity person, but calls out BS? Do you call yourself out on your BS? Because it seems like you enjoyed talking about your friends not getting harassed, but I am! Ergo, I MUST be doing SOMETHING to get harassed! What a solid idea. While you're at it, why don't you tell me about your friends who dress feminine but don't get harassed, and when a woman cries about harassment wearing similar clothing -- you tell her "you MUST have done something, I hang out with lots of girls who dress like you and they don't get harassed, therefore you must have done something to get that type of attention. Girls like you always do stuff to get attention and I can only see 2 scenarios where you would get harassed more than they would." Your logic is solid my man. I never knew that just because you weren't a witness to something, IT MUST HAVE BEEN PULLED OUT OF THIN AIR! Or they must have done something wrong! Oh me oh my, it isn't as though you cant just GOOGLE LEAGUE AND SEXISM AND EGIRL to find blogs on this issue where other women are upset about it! WHAT?! What a crazy idea that I decided to post on this forum which was told to me by a riot employee who was also given a link to try and get this problem out there. You have done the women of league and this topic of harassment and sexism a solid man.
: E-girl and make me a sammich. You seem like one of those people that constantly let people know you are a female.. then get offended when they notice. I've gamed with a number of women.. some of them acted just like that... while others acted like one of the "guys" guess which had more fun? You don't want equality you want preferential treatment. Women have the right to be treated like everyone else. Guess what? Everyone else get toxic shit tossed at them all day long. Welcome to equality. If you want special treatment like doors being held for you, extreme politeness, and all the rest of those chivalrous actions.... well there was a time when you had all that.. but you wanted EQUALITY. Now you have it.... so stfu and deal with it like the guys do k?
> [{quoted}](name=The Bad Touch,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-10T10:42:14.785+0000) > > E-girl and make me a sammich. > > You seem like one of those people that constantly let people know you are a female.. then get offended when they notice. I've gamed with a number of women.. some of them acted just like that... while others acted like one of the "guys" guess which had more fun? > > You don't want equality you want preferential treatment. Women have the right to be treated like everyone else. Guess what? Everyone else get toxic shit tossed at them all day long. Welcome to equality. If you want special treatment like doors being held for you, extreme politeness, and all the rest of those chivalrous actions.... well there was a time when you had all that.. but you wanted EQUALITY. Now you have it.... so stfu and deal with it like the guys do k? Did you read the first part of your sentence? That assumption right there, is part of the problem. If you actually read the post, which at this point I doubt you have -- I already said I don't even talk in the game. It's simply because my SN is Jennay, that's the reason. Now, if you say "you should just change your sn", that right there is exactly the problem. I shouldn't have to do that to enjoy a game like everyone else.
: > [{quoted}](name=MrHaZeYo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-09-10T10:54:19.943+0000) > > It's weird, cause I rarely and I mean rarely see people flame chicks, but I spose as a chick you see more of it because of the frequency of playing with yourself ( and no I don't mean that sexually). > > Either way, why let it bother you? Who the fuck cares if your boy or girl, let your play do the speaking for you. Sure you may have bad games but as long as you know you belong, don't let others bring you down. Because only women have the right to be offended... didn't you know?
> [{quoted}](name=The Bad Touch,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-09-10T11:59:09.157+0000) > > Because only women have the right to be offended... didn't you know? Yeah, you're part of the problem there buddy.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: >I'm always astonished people come out of their way to downvote these threads more than any other. i don't know about the others but i downvoted because of the sexism > [{quoted}](name=jennay,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-10T06:17:20.283+0000) >The issue with reporting sexist comments is that most of the league base players are MALE, therefore when they see someone bullying a girl on league -- they say nothing, because if they do, they are white knights and get bullied along with us "all males are a certain way by default hurr durr durr" {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
> [{quoted}](name=Voldymort,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-09-10T13:30:28.535+0000) > > i don't know about the others but i downvoted because of the sexism > > "all males are a certain way by default hurr durr durr" > > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} Please tell me where it says all males are a certain way? Try reading it again. There is the bully, the "white knight" and the non responders. If you aren't any of those, please tell me what you would be.
Febos (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=jennay,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-10T06:17:20.283+0000) > > Every few games there is someone who says something to me whether in all chat or on my team Are you actually tracking the games or was that pull out of thin air? Because I find it hard to believe it. Why? I've played with other girls many times (my team) and rarely did I see anyone say something sexist. There're two scenarios where I see this happening: - You introduce yourself as a "girl" during the game. Because you wanted to share what your sex is, you'll get slack. Why? Because no one asked. - Your name gives it away in a "in your face" manner. What I mean is something on the lines of "girl gamer 012", "Miss Lily", "girl power", etc. Basically, if your name is **specifically** to identify yourself as female, then you'll get the same slack as in point 1. If you don't say anything about your gender and if you have a "normal" name (yours is fine) then I don't think anyone would bother harassing you "every few games". *** > [{quoted}](name=jennay,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-10T06:17:20.283+0000) > > "egirl". With the common understanding of e-girl being an internet slut or an attention whore Let's not redefine the meaning of words. Egirl, at best, stands for "boosted player that so happens to be a girl and usually plays support". It has nothing to do with "slut" or "attention whore". *** > [{quoted}](name=jennay,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-10T06:17:20.283+0000) > > Then there are those that chime in saying "boosted egirl, send me nudes, women belong in the kitchen, make me a sandwich, eat some chocolate, is it that time of the month, you need to change your tampon All that is punishable, at least on EU. *** > [{quoted}](name=jennay,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-10T06:17:20.283+0000) > > The issue with reporting sexist comments is that most of the league base players are MALE, therefore when they see someone bullying a girl on league -- they say nothing, because if they do, they are white knights and get bullied along with us. Just because the majority is male doesn't mean the majority doesn't have integrity. There's a difference between defeding blunt acts of sexism and defending you just because you're a girl. Besides, no one needs to defend you from anything because words can't hurt you physically and, I assume, you're old enough to defend yourself. What I can do to help the situation is report the behaviour I don't like, regardless of whom it is targeted at. *** > [{quoted}](name=jennay,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-10T06:17:20.283+0000) > > Afterwards, if you ask people to report that person for sexism You don't need to ask people for reports and you shouldn't do it ever. One report, yours, is enough. *** > [{quoted}](name=jennay,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-10T06:17:20.283+0000) > > When someone gets reported by both teams (9x report), it seems to get investigated fairly quickly, while reports that are only done by 1 person seems to do nothing. That's not how the system works though. As I said above, one report is enough to trigger an investigation. The problem you have here is perception. A few weeks ago I reported one player that was being sexist, not targeted at anyone but sexist nonetheless, and guess what happened? [Instant Feeback Report](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/MTe3VV4G-instant-feedback-report-6) *** > [{quoted}](name=jennay,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-10T06:17:20.283+0000) > > I think Riot needs to work on more than just their internal struggle with sexism with employees, it needs to extend to the community's sexist problems as well. They can't police thoughts. What they can do is have systems in place to deal with those people, but you can't stop anyone from being sexist; the offender choses to change on his own accord. Our job, as a community, is to report unacceptable behaviour. **IF** the majority agrees, then that behaviour is punished.
> [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-10T08:48:52.100+0000) > > Are you actually tracking the games or was that pull out of thin air? Because I find it hard to believe it. Why? I've played with other girls many times (my team) and rarely did I see anyone say something sexist. > > There're two scenarios where I see this happening: > > - You introduce yourself as a "girl" during the game. Because you wanted to share what your sex is, you'll get slack. Why? Because no one asked. > > - Your name gives it away in a "in your face" manner. What I mean is something on the lines of "girl gamer 012", "Miss Lily", "girl power", etc. Basically, if your name is **specifically** to identify yourself as female, then you'll get the same slack as in point 1. > > If you don't say anything about your gender and if you have a "normal" name (yours is fine) then I don't think anyone would bother harassing you "every few games". > *** > > Let's not redefine the meaning of words. Egirl, at best, stands for "boosted player that so happens to be a girl and usually plays support". It has nothing to do with "slut" or "attention whore". > *** > > All that is punishable, at least on EU. > *** > > Just because the majority is male doesn't mean the majority doesn't have integrity. There's a difference between defeding blunt acts of sexism and defending you just because you're a girl. Besides, no one needs to defend you from anything because words can't hurt you physically and, I assume, you're old enough to defend yourself. > What I can do to help the situation is report the behaviour I don't like, regardless of whom it is targeted at. > *** > > You don't need to ask people for reports and you shouldn't do it ever. One report, yours, is enough. > *** > > That's not how the system works though. As I said above, one report is enough to trigger an investigation. The problem you have here is perception. > > A few weeks ago I reported one player that was being sexist, not targeted at anyone but sexist nonetheless, and guess what happened? > [Instant Feeback Report](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/MTe3VV4G-instant-feedback-report-6) > *** > > They can't police thoughts. What they can do is have systems in place to deal with those people, but you can't stop anyone from being sexist; the offender choses to change on his own accord. > > Our job, as a community, is to report unacceptable behaviour. **IF** the majority agrees, then that behaviour is punished. Your reply is exactly the type of problem that exists in league. If you google egirl, it tells you exactly what it is. I am not redefining anything, if a word is commonly known as something -- that is what it is defined to be. Just because YOU do not think it means that, does not mean it means what YOU think it is. Just because you played "a lot" of games with girls, DOES NOT MEAN you are a witness to the amount of harass we get, because well -- YOU'RE NOT A WOMAN. And my comment about the majority of league being male? That's 100% true. The part about where they say nothing, this is also true, as well as the part where I said IF THEY DO, they are called white knights and bullied along with us. So, you see how I added the exception in there? If you aren't bullying, if you are standing up for the person being bullied, and I'm also adding the people who say nothing, and obviously ranting about the bullies -- what is sexist about that part of my comment? Please explain, because I'd love to know what other "role" they'd be playing if not the "bully", the "white knight", or the non-responders. My post isn't about stopping their thoughts, it's about culling the level of sexism with punishment just as they do with toxic players by punishing them. What I am asking is no different than what is already in place, except to adjust the level of weight that a report for sexism would have.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: it will get them punished and if you're still uncertain, you can send a ticket
> [{quoted}](name=Voldymort,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-10T06:34:13.191+0000) > > it will get them punished > > and if you're still uncertain, you can send a ticket Yes, I've resorted to submitting tickets, but I find it hard to believe that the 1 report does anything considering when people get reported by numerous amounts of people -- a notification pops up letting you know action was taken against a player you reported.. But lately I've basically been reporting mainly those who are sexist, but no notification has come up.. Makes me wonder if it really does anything.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: actually all of those things are already **detectable** reporting them is the only thing that you need to do now {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} edit: downvoted for the following sexist comment that i just now noticed > [{quoted}](name=jennay,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-10T06:17:20.283+0000) >The issue with reporting sexist comments is that most of the league base players are MALE, therefore when they see someone bullying a girl on league -- they say nothing, because if they do, they are white knights and get bullied along with us "all males are a certain way by default hurr durr durr" {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
> [{quoted}](name=Voldymort,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=z56mrylK,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-10T06:30:39.483+0000) > > actually all of those things are already **detectable** > > reporting them is the only thing that you need to do now > > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} but what makes me wonder is, is that 1 report going to do anything to them?
Rioter Comments

jennay

Level 144 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion