: {{champion:86}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:55}}: <Laughs in resourceless>
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: June 6
This is quite a bit off topic but where has Sion landed after all the nerds to him and banner? I personally can’t stand playing him anymore because of how unreliable his damage is, and am firmly of the belief he’s not worth playing at all. Perhaps I’m playing him wrong, though I doubt it, but is he doing well according to your data?
FireDrizzle (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Hethalean,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uoLPkizb,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-06-04T15:13:56.701+0000) > > Q isn&#x27;t too hard to land. Fully charged Q is though. A partly charged q isnt good in a trade, only good as free damage. Depending on how long it is charged of course. ' If riot do buff Sion they should just fix his autos so you cant flash out of his autos every fucking time, that would be a big buff honestly. Or make his passive scale because the only thing making Sion passive worth a damn late is{{item:3025}} {{item:3022}} , providing you can auto someone. Or just buff his base hp regen again because they nerfed my occasional {{item:2031}} {{item:1006}} {{item:1006}} start. But I'm not unhappy to play Sion top, he is not gutted like Galio. He is reliability varies with the enemy teamcomp like always.
> [{quoted}](name=FireDrizzle,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uoLPkizb,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-06-04T15:35:34.409+0000) > > A partly charged q isnt good in a trade, only good as free damage. Depending on how long it is charged of course. > This precisely. If Sion doesn't have enough time to charge his q for at least 1 second, its not worth doing. a 0.25 second slow and only dealing 40% total damage will get Sion into position to lose a trade incredibly hard. Sion should never be in range to pop an early q because his melee range fighting is abysmal. He has absolutely no reason to autoattack enemies because they will always out trade him if he gets that close. I do disagree that he isn't gutted, as every take in existence does his job easier than he does, and his damage was one of he few things keeping him ahead.
: I don't know how hard it is for you to understand, but that's not a "gutted" winrate. especially on a skillshot reliant, higher skillcap champion like Sion. you want to know what's actually gutted? {{champion:76}} 42% winrate >5% playrate (season 6) {{champion:268}} 44% winrate >1.6% playrate (current) {{champion:3}} 46% winrate >2% playrate (current) You are confusing "gutted" and "mildly underpowered." I can tell there isn't anything that's going to change your mind on this subject anyway, so goodbye. EDIT: according to champion.gg at least, this claim >his winrate with it meaning it’s more and more Sion mains who continue to lose with him despite their experience playing him. [is false. ](http://champion.gg/champion/Sion/Top?league=) Experienced sion mains average a winrate from 56% to 54%
Except your reasoning is faulty. First, not all champions are balanced around 50% winrate, as stated before. Galio, Nidalee, and Azir have all been balanced, in their currnet forms, with a lower than 50% winrate. https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/stats/galio/platinum https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/stats/nidalee/platinum https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/stats/azir/platinum But sion has nearly always been balanced with an above 52% winrate, and always above 50% https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/stats/sion/platinum So you make a false equivalence by claiming that a champions winrate being at x% makes them weak or strong when that has no factual basis. Its not even the case that x champion is weak or strong because they have x% winrate or y% playrate, but it can be determined based upon the trend that the champion shows. I never made the claim that Sion wasn't OP when he was, but i do claim that compared to when he was balanced, his winrate was nearly 3% higher than it is now. Secondly, according to Champion.gg, Sion's "Win Rate % by Games Played" takes into account the entirety of the "Current Season Ranked Experience", including when he was OP, therefore skewing the data in an non-useful way to prove your point. If you find better data, feel free to share it, but as far as i can tell the data backs up my experience playing the champion more than it backs up your experience playing against it.
: 49.25% winrate, 3.2% playrate isn't gutted. That's "maybe a *tad* underpowered, but not demanding any immediate attention." Suck it up and deal with it.
Except you fail to realize that not all champions are balanced at 50% winrate, and in fact whenever Sion was actually balanced he had 51%+ winrate. That might not be ok if his play rate was still something like 11%, but it’s dropped down significantly since he was OP, and his winrate with it meaning it’s more and more Sion mains who continue to lose with him despite their experience playing him.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
heroikc (NA)
: I'd rather just nerf his Q and ult.
######The point was to criticize riot and their hypocrisy around champion balance. But yes he should probably get a base damage nerf on q.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: nah they changed doran ring because of tank stacking dorans and being able to clear waves for ages. the nerf was not aimed to mages. now D ring is pretty much forgotten on tanks making it ok
Just wait until those Sion changes go through my friend. Lord of the rings sion engage!
: Essences: Dr. Mundo
He's a deranged sadist that throws giant meat cleavers at people. That's probably his identity boiled down to its core elements. He must have in his kit something to do with cleavers, and some form of healing upon damaging people. Almost all of his current kit can just go. His q is the only exception, and even then it should have some kind of rework done to it so that it has some kind of scaling outside of rank. If we go off the lore, Dr.mundo definitely should focus around medical themed abilities, like a poison syringe injection and an amputation (Mundo rips off his arm and whacks you with it lol). Maybe his passive can work something like grey health where he regenerates a % of damage he takes over x seconds after y seconds. Visually I expect a hulking monster in a labcoat with something like a stethoscope nearly strangling him because his neck is very muscular. He should still stay purple, and definitely needs to keep the slurping, but I also expect a lot more dialogue. Like whenever mu do takes damage, he lets out a sign of relief, or if he gets nearly bursted out he starts fresking out and asking for it again.
: It's my birthday today
My birthday was 2 days ago. And my dad's. We have 2 cakes. Do you want an extra cake?
: Riot said it'll be released for each region in different times...
didnt read that in the patch notes, and i cant find it were they said the feature has been implemented
Rioter Comments
: Urgot: League's most forgotten Rework
It is an interesting idea to have champions item restrictions base around something other than ranged/melee, but any other distinction alienates more champions than it includes. If we take for instance hitbox size to determine item purchases, adcs won't be able to buy steraks, and urgot will (having what I believe is the biggest base hitbox in the game), but where does that leave bruisers like vi and wukong, and skirmishes like to and Fiora? And do champions just magically stop being able to get light items if they consume elixir of Iron or get lulu ulted? And what if instead we decide to call them light-medium-heavy, based upon approximate size and not direct hitbox size? We could put things like maw in the all section and steraks in medium-heavy for example thus preventing adcs (which we will classify as light) from buying steraks, but then we run into complexity problems. Why is it that this champion is light, and how do we know? At least with auto-attacks there's a soft barrier between melee and range only broken by Aatrox ult, but it's an exception not a rule in this case. In this case we would likely have to explain the weight classings through hitbox size anyway, but once again there are many more ways to alter hotbox size than there are autoattack range for all champions. So the best bet, as far as I can tell, is to apply arbitrary restrictions on some items for champions based upon an additionally arbitrary weighting class unaffected by any stat currently in the game. It cannot be listed or displayed and would likely need explanation as a core function of the game rather than an exception of it. If this worked, which would be a massive gamesweeping change, I could see a lot of items better fitting and many melee champions better off as a result, allowing things like frozen mallet to be placed in the heavy-only section allows it to receive some massive buffs, and placing the likes of phantom dancer in light only allows other items to be created or buffed up for the heavier types. But the biggest problem of all is build diversity. Disallowing champions from building certain items forcefully and not by dictates of meta stifle innovation and creativity among players effectively killing off a portion of the player base which riot has been actively trying to avoid. Thus this mechanic would likely be used infrequently enough to not be considered a main mechanic of the game, invalidating a prerequisite for implementation. Of course one might say each item could offer different stats based upon weight class, or have different passives much like frozen mallet has now. The problems with those are: A- why not just create a new item for the class rather than add all these restrictive stats. B- why can't I have as much effect as the other guy if I'm sacrificing other items to build this. Successfully addressing these problems could result in the replacement of the range restriction with the weight class restriction, but it is still a very complex issue which would take at least another year to completely solve. Good luck with that.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=kasfas,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2PlfdlFu,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-04-28T00:42:35.481+0000) > > Knee ups. > I do 200 knee ups a day minimum, mostly in one sitting. Basically bend your arms and then just lift your knee to your chest and try to tap your armopposite arm with it. > I started only able to do 100, and that was like a week ago. It works pretty well so far. Feels like that's more of a core workout though. Could be I'm just not picturing it properly, I shall go find a video demonstration.
> [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2PlfdlFu,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-04-28T00:45:38.162+0000) > > Feels like that&#x27;s more of a core workout though. Could be I&#x27;m just not picturing it properly, I shall go find a video demonstration. Well you could try squats or jumping jacks. I'm p/sure those work on the legs more than anything else.
: Fair enough, but what about lower body? Lower body muscle is more helpful than upper body muscle in most every daily task.
> [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2PlfdlFu,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-04-27T23:51:21.095+0000) > > Fair enough, but what about lower body? Lower body muscle is more helpful than upper body muscle in most every daily task. Knee ups. I do 200 knee ups a day minimum, mostly in one sitting. Basically bend your arms and then just lift your knee to your chest and try to tap your armopposite arm with it. I started only able to do 100, and that was like a week ago. It works pretty well so far.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: As someone who was playing a lot of Ornn, his ultimate's cooldown being '100 seconds' is laughable. He gets CDR through tank itemization, and brings it down to 60 seconds, which is negligible for how powerful it is.
well you have to think for most of the game its cooldown is much longer than 100 seconds, since it starts at 160. plus you don't start the game with cdr so its early cooldown is insane. ultimate hat and transcendance make it so that he can actually use his ult when teamfights start as opposed to being useless every other fight in the midgame.
Bârd (NA)
: Ever since his W was nerfed, Ornn isn't even fun anymore.
I don't find it too bad, granted his teamfight a are absolutely horrible now because his damage is lower and he has no reliable cc outside his ult which has a 100 second cooldown, but I still manage to make him work. Just grab ultimate hat instead of mana flow band and transcendence instead of scorch. Ornn' base damage is still super high so he doesn't need the extra damage from scorch, and 2 of his core items grant mana so that's not a problem either. The things I'd like to see most are the unstoppable w back, his ult having a lower cooldown at later ranks, his e doing 2 proc damage again, and if you auto someone as brittle is falling off, it's duration is extended for the length of the auto attack animation. I think that would be enough.
: Kleptomancy has to be changed in the future, this is becoming stupid
Maybe in another 3 patches. It's gonna be some time from now.
Ralanr (NA)
: You do realize that health is a defense stat right? BC and other juggernaut items give health.
Technically all juggernauts do, and a significant number of divers also scale with it for one reason or another. A quick list of divers that directly scale with hp. Vi, jarvan, camille, GP. And divers that scale indirectly with health or resistances. Hecarim, irelia, kled, lee, renekton, Warwick, wukong.
Ralanr (NA)
: You do realize that health is a defense stat right? BC and other juggernaut items give health.
This comment is here because I forgot how discussion view works.
: Im gona give you that for Sions damage output, but can you tell me how are you gona be aggressive againist someone who can build bramble west without loosing any damage output at all? Any normal champion either has to scrifice offence for sake of deffense or vice versa. Not tanks though. They can build one stat and increase both.
Except that's not entirely true. While I don't like all things to do with tanks, bramble vest only does 3 damage on return. In order to get it to do any meaningful damage, you need to have built 200 armour and by that point someone should already have a cleaver or a lady whisper to deal with the tankiness. If you said bami's cinder, it does more damage, but also doesn't have gw, and also doesn't give armour so % hp damage is a lot better. And even when you reach sunfire, which has the most base damage of items in its type, you sacrifice one of many potentially fantastic defensive tools, like the randuins crit reduction or the extra 45 armour on Frozen heart. In general, I don't think tank items are doing too much damage now. Most of top lane tanks aren't meta anymore, like poppy, maokai, nautilus, Ornn, and Shen, leaving only the jungle tank sejuani who still does damage reliably. If the items were the problem you would be seeing pretty much every tank be viable with the same or similar builds which isn't what's happening now.
: And why is sion dealing damage then? Thats not what tanks are supposed to do. Thats opposite of what they are supposed to do. Also that "slow persistent damage over time" is what is making top laners quit the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Best Footjob EUW,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UmOj9RqM,comment-id=00030000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-05T17:17:55.403+0000) > > And why is sion dealing damage then? Thats not what tanks are supposed to do. Thats opposite of what they are supposed to do. > Wrong. The purpose of tanks is to disrupt the back line, in particular sion has more damage to make up for his unreliable cc and thus will do damage. In the same way zed is bad at killing tanks because he has no dps but someone like Evelynn or Khazix is better at it because they each have a dps ability. > Also that &quot;slow persistent damage over time&quot; is what is making top laners quit the game. Also, no. What's making top laners quit is the lack of agency they have over their lane. I know, I've mained top since I started playing. Reducing jungle pressure and jungle ganking ability allows bruiser players to be more aggressive and push the weaknesses of certain champions that would be otherwise covered by said oppressive jungle pressure.
: I consider life steal a stat that recovers your health for damage you deal. How ever if Zed ults you, good luck lifestealing 1000 hp in 2 seconds. However if you build thormail, you are not only not going to die to zed, he is also going to kill himself.
Yea sure, he's gonna kill himself taking 30 damage per auto attack. Plus, why is zed attacking someone who built thornmail? That's like, the opposite of his job. The point is the damage being dealt isn't being dealt all at once, it's slow persistent damage over a long period of time. It adds up to a lot but no one is going do die because of it. And no, lifesteal is a defensive stat, just like health and resistances. It's just a weird one, in the same way that thornmail and sunfire are weird offensive stats.
: So items that give you full tank stats also give you damage output. Great game design rito.
Lots of items do that. Like 60% of all items or more grant both offensive and defensive stats. What do you concider lifesteal to be?
Ralanr (NA)
: Honestly Sion’s passive is kinda shit because his core abilities take power from it. I’m fine with this because I don’t want a strong aspect of my kit locked away by dying. Frankly if you really wanted to buff Sion’s Q playstyle to justify hurting his E, you need to make his Q have less counterplay. Enemies can: Walk out of it, CC you, or even walk into you to dodge it (it’s happened to me a lot. People have dodged my Q by getting too close). Frankly I’d make it so you cannot just walk into Sion when he’s in his Q, but that feels more like a bugfix. I don’t want to make him immune to CC in his Q, because that ability is meant to be targeted by enemies so they can waste their CC on you. _Sigh_. At this point I’m just patiently waiting for the bugfix so people will slowly stop complaining about my main which had been outside of general thought for a while.
Alright 2 things, First, his passive could be one of the best fallback mechanics in the game, allowing you to still contribute to fights even when behind and dieing a lot. The fact that it's so pitiful now is just a shame. Second, did you read the section on his q? I mean most of what makes sion q max unviable is that it doesn't do enough damage fast enough. By increasing the rate at which the damage increases over the first second you make quick casts much more viable in short trades allowing sion to be much better up close. While more fully charged qs can still be evaded, his damage in melee range becomes much more reliable in the hands of a good sion player.
: Things that are not okay : Sion
It was a 25 minute game and sion has 2 damage items. If the game went on much longer you would have seen ahri's damage numbers outpace sion, but his base damage and aoe add up over a game.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: if we start nerfing every champ over 50% winrate we will never stop this chain , btw ther's a difference beetween maining sion and playin it he has a 5% pickrate so i don't really think he needs a nerf or something he's ez countered by darius for exemple and this 8.4 "darius" is more than OP penta in diamonds with are ez , idk maybe others won't be by my side but i don't think every champ with +50% winrate needs nerf
He has something like a 15-20% pick rate right now actually.
Rioter Comments
Ralanr (NA)
: http://imgur.com/X3zEqVM.jpg He had a manly ponytail.
Ralanr (NA)
: https://media2.giphy.com/media/U1XhGr8CWqvVC/giphy.gif
: They don't even need to release a good skin for sion and I'd still buy it He's top tier Waifu material
: There are more champions that deserve a skins ,like come on man he has his own ward and he has a legendary skin he has so many skins where as champs like {{champion:136}} {{champion:203}} {{champion:240}} {{champion:164}} are lacking in the skin departmen. And just because a champion is strong that doesn’t mean they have to get a skin,that logic is retarded.
Sion hasn't been meta in over 2 years. Generally when a champ becomes powerful after a long period of General mediocrity, they get a nice skin.
: What I've learned on my alt
Alright so I have a little story to tell, I'll probably mess it up because it was so long ago, so don't get too caught up on every detail. So, I think it was last year, or maybe the year before, that I got placed in bronze. It was either b2 or b1. The amount of time it took me to carry myself out of bronze and past low silver was significantly less enjoyable and took much longer than it took me to get from high silver to gold. There was in fact one game when I was playing naut top, or maybe it was jungle, where i made every single shot all in the whole game. My entire team had no idea what to do, and since I was fed af they just let me do everything. I think I won that game, not sure. Almost every game I was the carry, playing mostly as sion when he wasn't even meta. Any game I didn't carry was a 50/50. Either my boy lane was crushing already, or they lost hard. It was the longest time I'd ever played ranked ever in my life, and it was awful. It took more games for me to get from those placements in bronze to get to silver, than it took for me to get through my plat promos this year. Ranked is depressing. When you're in low elo, you need to be a hard carry. Know exactly when to take objectives and be able to direct your team into winning positions. They are mostly focused on not missing all their skill shots to even think about how to actually play the game. The higher up you go, the better people get at General map awareness and game skill, then you can focus more on yourself and how you play.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
grarrrg (NA)
: Well, Syndra can get knocked up... ... ... I'll show myself out.
> [{quoted}](name=grarrrg,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=OTOImkFE,comment-id=000800000001,timestamp=2018-02-15T06:41:50.100+0000) > > Well, Syndra can get knocked up... > > ... > ... > I&#x27;ll show myself out. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RbfI8oanmSM
Rioter Comments
Bultz (NA)
: Heres another go at this, ASol skins I really want.
Raoul (EUW)
: Why is riot so biased in favour of ADCs?
So what you're saying is Lobsters?
Rioter Comments
: "I didnt even curse, why was i banned" includes Chatlogs full of Hatespeech "Look i had a bad Day"
> [{quoted}](name=Tokogawaruf,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=QPiFN77A,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-01-31T16:57:07.511+0000) > > &quot;I didnt even curse, why was i banned&quot; > > includes Chatlogs full of Hatespeech > > &quot;Look i had a bad Day&quot; "Hatespeech" http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/triggered-gif-h3h3-9.gif
Show more

kasfas

Level 95 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion