: I think that people hate adapting play for a specific champion. With Yasuo, you have to watch your minions much more closely. With Zoe, you have to watch out for minions with balloon and where she shot off her Q. With Kalista, you have to think about her kite and stick potential. It's just an extra thing to do that people hate. The funniest thing about it is where they place in Diamond+. Up there, they are WAY weaker, as they have clearly defined weaknesses for their kits that most people in lower elo don't get. Don't get me wrong, I'm low elo, but that is the case. It then becomes a balancing act of keeping their strengths not too strong and their weaknesses not too weak. This can be hard, Tanksuo and Zoe right now for example, but like Yasuo, she will eventually level out. Personally, while it can be unfun to play against his champs sometimes, I think that CertainlyT is the best designer out there. He makes fun champs with great personalities that have a steep mastery curve to play well. They also have clearly defined weaknesses to combat their versatility. Again, the balancing act I mentioned up above can be difficult and fail, but the core concept of their kit is there, and it works. I might not be able to play Yasuo well, but this game is about having fun, and his kit feels good and his personality and lore resonate with me. The boards blow things way out of proportion, and even Riot themselves have acknowledged that Reddit has a much better and larger community. They know that the boards is a small fraction of the community, and they take that into account and don't fire everyone the boards tells them to. That's just my Tencent's.
> [{quoted}](name=Dabrick01,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ssb87Krg,comment-id=0044,timestamp=2017-12-12T01:15:15.291+0000) > > I think that people hate adapting play for a specific champion. With Yasuo, you have to watch your minions much more closely. With Zoe, you have to watch out for minions with balloon and where she shot off her Q. With Kalista, you have to think about her kite and stick potential. It's just an extra thing to do that people hate. > > The funniest thing about it is where they place in Diamond+. Up there, they are WAY weaker, as they have clearly defined weaknesses for their kits that most people in lower elo don't get. Don't get me wrong, I'm low elo, but that is the case. It then becomes a balancing act of keeping their strengths not too strong and their weaknesses not too weak. This can be hard, Tanksuo and Zoe right now for example, but like Yasuo, she will eventually level out. > > Personally, while it can be unfun to play against his champs sometimes, I think that CertainlyT is the best designer out there. He makes fun champs with great personalities that have a steep mastery curve to play well. They also have clearly defined weaknesses to combat their versatility. Again, the balancing act I mentioned up above can be difficult and fail, but the core concept of their kit is there, and it works. I might not be able to play Yasuo well, but this game is about having fun, and his kit feels good and his personality and lore resonate with me. > > The boards blow things way out of proportion, and even Riot themselves have acknowledged that Reddit has a much better and larger community. They know that the boards is a small fraction of the community, and they take that into account and don't fire everyone the boards tells them to. > > That's just my Tencent's. summed up a lot very well. His champs often require the enemy to pay attention to things they're not used to putting that much mental effort into. So is it Yasuo OP bc he can use dashes? or is it the enemy's fault for continuing to fall for the same trading patter over and over again?
Vectros (NA)
: So I don't like to just scream "fire him!" the first time someone screws up. But I have to question how many screw ups someone should be allowed to have before action is taken. It feels like nothing has been done against him. I honestly don't think he's fit for champion designing. Do we let him make 100 champions before pulling the plug? I realize it's his job, but for someone to work a job they need to do it right. I think most places would fire someone for making an equal number of big mistakes like he has. Basically, every major project he headed up turned out poorly. He's done what, a half dozen of them? When do we say enough is enough? I don't say this to say "you're wrong", I'm looking for an actual answer.
> [{quoted}](name=Vectros,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ssb87Krg,comment-id=003c,timestamp=2017-12-11T22:19:54.156+0000) > > So I don't like to just scream "fire him!" the first time someone screws up. > > But I have to question how many screw ups someone should be allowed to have before action is taken. It feels like nothing has been done against him. I honestly don't think he's fit for champion designing. Do we let him make 100 champions before pulling the plug? > I realize it's his job, but for someone to work a job they need to do it right. I think most places would fire someone for making an equal number of big mistakes like he has. Basically, every major project he headed up turned out poorly. He's done what, a half dozen of them? When do we say enough is enough? I don't say this to say "you're wrong", I'm looking for an actual answer. That would be fine, but not everyone considers his champs designs "mistakes". Many consider them the champs with the most depth in the game. Just as much loves goes toward his designs as hate. The people that love them are just not on the boards because they're busy actually playing the game lol
: >in a video game. Ya, except HIS CAREER IS BASED AROUND THAT VIDEO GAME. This is not a good argument. This is literally like saying "oh, well we won't fire this dev for refusing to do his job, because his job was to design a video game". Bad argument. I'm not saying I support firing him, but this is a bad argument to justify keeping him. His job is to create a fun game experience by introducing new content and balancing said content (not sure about the latter, correct me if I'm wrong). If the playerbase is displeased with the content he puts forth, he's no longer a valuable employee. Unvaluable employees get fired. The question you need to be asking is whether or not Riot cares about their community. If they do, he should be talked to about the content he designs so that he doesn't do shit like this again. If they don't (clearly this is the current situation) then they will do nothing and continue to allow him to design toxic content.
> [{quoted}](name=MisoTroll,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ssb87Krg,comment-id=0026,timestamp=2017-12-11T16:29:48.110+0000) > > Ya, except HIS CAREER IS BASED AROUND THAT VIDEO GAME. This is not a good argument. This is literally like saying "oh, well we won't fire this dev for refusing to do his job, because his job was to design a video game". Bad argument. I'm not saying I support firing him, but this is a bad argument to justify keeping him. His job is to create a fun game experience by introducing new content and balancing said content (not sure about the latter, correct me if I'm wrong). If the playerbase is displeased with the content he puts forth, he's no longer a valuable employee. Unvaluable employees get fired. The question you need to be asking is whether or not Riot cares about their community. If they do, he should be talked to about the content he designs so that he doesn't do shit like this again. If they don't (clearly this is the current situation) then they will do nothing and continue to allow him to design toxic content. But the thing is, just as much of the playerbase loves his champs as hate them. A lot of his champs have very dedicated mains and onetricks who highly enjoy the champs he's designed, myself included. His job is to create new content- and he does that. He always brings new things to the table. Yes, they are always divisive, but they are also loved by those who enjoy his champs. What I'm saying is Riot shouldnt just listen to the people who hate his champs, they should (and do) also listen to the people that love his champs and designs so much so that they dedicate their leaguetime to learning, improving, and playing those champs.
xGunna1 (EUW)
: without yasuo i wouldn't continue play this game OP plz play tetris if you want some boring a$$ champs like rammus LOL
> [{quoted}](name=xGunna1,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ssb87Krg,comment-id=002e,timestamp=2017-12-11T19:33:24.718+0000) > > without yasuo i wouldn't continue play this game > > OP plz play tetris if you want some boring a$$ champs like rammus LOL Lol I mained yas for part of last season, one tricked A Sol after that and am planning on maining Zoe this season. I love interesting champ designs...
: I certainly don't agree with firing CertainlyT, but saying that he shouldn't be fired when it's "Stuff in a video game" probably should be taken with a grain of salt when you realize his job is *creating things for a video game* If he fails to make something interesting or engaging *in a video game* that he was hired to create interesting and engaging champions for, then he should be fired. ######Again, not saying I want him fired, but I thought I should mention that.
> [{quoted}](name=Hello I am Bird,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ssb87Krg,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2017-12-11T07:25:00.745+0000) > > I certainly don't agree with firing CertainlyT, but saying that he shouldn't be fired when it's "Stuff in a video game" probably should be taken with a grain of salt when you realize his job is *creating things for a video game* > If he fails to make something interesting or engaging *in a video game* that he was hired to create interesting and engaging champions for, then he should be fired. > > ######Again, not saying I want him fired, but I thought I should mention that. Fair point. But he does create interesting champions for the game. Not everyone like them, but not everyone dislikes them, but either way, they're interesting. But my main point was the man has bills to pay. Just because you don't like Zoe or Yas, doesn't mean he should be fired. (yes i realize you weren't saying to fire him; just think calling for that is an overreaction to a few character of 150+ of something people can opt out of doing- playing the game).
Rioter Comments
: You just listed almost every played mid laner xD
exactly... just because a champ isnt fun to play against doesnt mean you should whine about it. Sometimes, you just have to figure out what about the champ is unfun and learn to counter/play around that.
: Riot, you're backing yourself into a corner with this new grasp change
i love this attitude towards the balance of the game. It's not about you or what you like to play or dont like to play against. It's just about the game's balance. ~~Personally, i think Runes Reforged was a stupid and pointless idea that just replaced season7 masteries with something shiny and new... I honestly think its going to make it even more difficult to better balance the game. I think they shouldda just kept old runes and masteries and made them free. Anyway, gotten over that. It's the game now.~~ But yeah, this new change is not gonna turn out well
: Things I've been saying since everyone jumping on the OP Zoe bandwagon - 1) Remove the CD reduction for landing a Bubble, not needed at all. She's already rewarded enough by hitting one. 2) Lower her base MS to 335. 340 is a bit higher than she needs, her weakness should be lack of escapes.
Her main weakness IS lack of escapes... so it would be totally appropriate to nerf her movespeed I'm not sure about the E CD reduction, because she needs that to survive in fights. Possibly give it a high base CD and keep the % reduction, maybe keeping it the same percentage, and lowering it in later patches if she's still **considered** "too strong" but i'd be completely on board for the movespeed reduction. some zoe mains may disagree becuase some consider ms very important to her kit
: no, instead give it a minimum range
that would make it really difficult(read as "highskillcap") to use without the walls ... which would not be a bad idea. I'm not sure it would fix how people feel about her, because theyre not going to realize the difficulty in using that versus a regular skilltshot, but it might be more approprate given the reward you get (bonus damage) for hitting the E I think it would also be helpful if, when the E was shot through the wall it showed some kind of indicator, similar to kayn. Something like- as the ability was travelling, an indicator formed once the ability had traveled halfway or a quarter of the way through the path of the wall. I'm not exactly sure of the portion of the wall that where the indicator starts, but I think it might be more "fair" - ie. "fun to play against" so that she isn't literally permabanned ty for not just joing the circlejerk logic of "this isnt fun, and i lose to it therefore it needs a nerf"
Barkley (NA)
: Buffs, nerfs, doesn't matter. Her power is irrelevant. She could have a 2% win rate or an 80% win rate, and she'd still just be unfun to play against.
why does a champ being "fun" for you to play against have anything to do with whether the champ should be played or not...?
Barkley (NA)
: Please name another champion that has a long range 2.2 second hard-lock CC on a 6.5ish second cooldown at max rank/cdr (which she builds) that does all of the following: -Travels insanely fast -Slows you -Stuns you -Amplifies their damage against you -Travels absurdly far if cast through a wall -Leaves a trap on the ground even if you miss And also has a long-range skillshot that almost instantly nukes you if you're asleep on a 6ish second cooldown Combine those two skills, and you have a death-sentence projectile flying at your face roughly every 3 seconds. Oh, and on top of that, this champion you're going to name for me also has to have an ultimate that's on a 6 second cooldown that allows them to blink at you, uninterruptible by CC, that allows her to amplify her damage even further. Oh, and this champion you're going to name for me that does all the same things as Zoe does also has to have access to any summoner spell in the game basically whenever they want. I'll go grab a sandwich real fast while you come up with an answer. BRB.
you're naming things specific to Zoe's kit... riot tries to make every champ unique... just because she does new things that other champs don't do doesnt mean she's op. If that were the case, then every single new champion that comes out would be op.
: Faker is the best player in the world still, no questions asked. Worlds proved not, not that the "Faker meta" is over
lol ok. Faker's team impact at Worlds was far lower than usual, if you wanna say that he's still the best, sure go ahead. But he got crushed by Crown. Crown forced a summoner out of Faker so that the latter would not die when Faker, all this while Faker was receiving a gank from the SKT jungler. lol sure, faker's the best. don't get me wrong, faker is undeniably one of the best currently, and if you compared past years of faker's to anyone elses at any time, he would win; but currently, he is not the best player. (either way, apdo/dopa was and still is a better player than him, but he doesnt cant prove himself on the pro scene) lol @ the faker worship tell that to Bjergsen's victory 1v1...
Barkley (NA)
: As i've said in several other comments, she throws about 20 skill shots per minute. (6 second cd on Q, 6 second cd on E, alternate casting = cast every 3 seconds. 60/3 = 20) At some point, probability kicks in and you get hit by one. And if you get hit by one, you're dead, or blinking red. I'd rather not spend the entirety of the game trying to dodge death-sentence skillshots from one single champion. Lets not even factor in whats coming out of everyone else on top of it, and also trying to position for damage and my own skillshots.
https://imgur.com/a/QsIna and again lol, starting your argument with "I'd rather not" ... just because it isnt fun for the opponent doesnt mean it's unfair beu. plenty of champions arent fun for the opponent and shouldnt necessarily be. TBH, when I was maining A Sol, I most enjoyed his hard matchups like Zed and Yasuo because they really allowed me to improve and show my skills and absolutely earn my victory. But idk, some of us just like to improve and show the "skill expression" riot loves talking about
Niyume (NA)
: I actually think it's fun to play against Zoe. She has real counterplay, unlike every other braindead "Hur durrrr I right click and push every button simultaneously and win!" champ. If I lose to her, it's my own fault. And that feels so, so much better to play against than some statcheck. And I don't understand why her kit is so "cancerous" when other champs do exactly what she does.
It's incredibly refreshing to hear someone actually take responsibility for losing to her or lose lane in general lol. She is completely skillshot based.
Barkley (NA)
: There is no person alive that can dodge 20 skill shots per minute. Not even faker, who is pretty much universally considered the best player in the world. Watch allstars. He gets hit by plenty of it. (6 seconds on Q, 6 seconds on E, alternate cast times = spell every 3 seconds. 60/3 = 20) And beyond it being a relentless, overbearing amount of skillshots to dodge, if even ONE hits you, you're basically dead. And you get hit by these skillshots as well, so GTFoutta here with your holier than thou bullshit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulN-Df983iQ way more than 20 things to dodge per minute (also, the faker meta has been over. stfu about him, crown rekt him) and again, stop using the argument that you have to dodge, therefore its unfun and unfair Maybe i shouldnt have said your argument rest on an "inablilty" to dodge and instead, a desire not to dodge. but lol, I'm outta this convo. Anyone who tries to say anything counter to your opinion you tell to "GTF outta here holier than thou bullshit. " XD sorry for expecting other people to want to improve at the game...
: Meh, mid lane mages have been having to deal with these types of champs for years now. Zoe does to bruisers and ADCs what assassins have been doing to mages all along. Deal with it.
Barkley (NA)
: Zoe is not OP. She's horrible to play against. There's a difference.
I just want to be able to play her consistently... Yall complaining about dying to her because you cant dodge and there a community of zoe players that quickly formed after previews and pbe release that is dying to play her. Its just as much unfair to us that we can't play our main.
Barkley (NA)
: The sleep itself is fine. The fact that she can cast it so often is what's broken. That, paired with her Q, she's got death-sentence projectiles flying at your face at high speeds every 3 fucking seconds. You either dodge the whole game, or you're dead. And as I said in previous comments, at some point probability has to kick in - and you're going to get hit. You can't dodge 20 skill shots per minute. Nobody can.
Your argument rests on an inability to dodge. I can agree that her E cooldown could be nerfed; but stop using an inability to dodge as an argument. If that were a valid thing, then we shouldnt have skillshots at all.
: Well, I don't even know how to respond without being rude.. You have one of the best players in the game stating Zoe is fundamentally broken right now. I might add he's not alone in that judgement among experienced players. Zoe is hard to play and takes a lot of skill to master. Just like Azir, if she's decent for the average gold player, she's infinitely broken in the hands of good players. I occasionally play with high rank people and I assure you Zoe is a big issue up there. As people master her she's actually warping the game, and she's permabanned in ranked plays. No excuses; she's beyond broken and she must be worked on.
Yasuo is almost permabanned no matter what state he's in. Sometimes bans just mean people don't like playing against the champ (or don't know how), not that the champion is broken. And skill and practice on a champ should be rewarded. A Sol and Taliyah mains were climbing like crazy last season because they dedicated time and practice to a champion and were rewarded for it. Just because a champ is strong in the right hands, does not mean that the champ is broken, if anything, that affirms the fairness of the champ. That said. Zoe could survive some nerfs. Idk what they would/should be, that's not my place to say, I don't work for rito. But just becuase she's annoying to play against, doesnt mean she should be reworked. It means you should have a pocket pick that counters her or just learn to deal with it. Plenty of champs in this game are annoying.
Brian (EUW)
: Error code: 003
: As an Aurelion Sol main
Or any new A Sol Skin pls
: "We've temporarily disabled Yasuo due to an in-game bug."
> [{quoted}](name=Postal Badger,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=RFfsgOcT,comment-id=,timestamp=2015-08-07T16:28:42.143+0000) > > That's okay Riot, take as long as you need, no rush. > > What's that? It's going to take you a month to fix him? That's okay, make it two months, take it slow. Lol @ ppl who still think yasuo is overpowered Just dont play stupidly against him
: Azir, Kayle while her E is active, Thresh, and Vel'koz are all ranged champions that don't use projectiles with their basic attacks. Because of this they can ignore Wind Wall and Unbreakable with them.
Ok thank you. I didn't know that's how they were classified.
Rioter Comments
Lugg (NA)
: Unfortunately it's a team game. You have to rely on your teammates some. If you are ahead mid, push lane, roam, and make plays to get your teammates fed. If you win lane and just one more lane wins, you should win the game.
That's what I try to do and normally succeed in doing; but how do we turn the early game advantage into mid-game advantage and ultimately into a win?
: Ignore the advice if you wish.
I'm just saying, relying on my teammates is my problem in the first place, so more reliance on my team won't help...
: >I often feel like I'm in elo hell now. When I have those really good laning phases where I go 5/0 in lane, I feel like I have to carry my team but am unable to do so. You are not in ELO hell, You are where your supposed to be. The the fact you can not turn an advantage like your describing into a win is purely a issue with you and no one else. You need to find someone that can spectate a few games and see what you are doing wrong. Some things to think about though. When you do really well are you warding in the enemy jungle in the attempt to pick off or harass the jungler? Are you killing off the enemy and backing or doing something with your victory. Are you fighting with team members for the CS or letting them have the minions in the safe area cause you can go into riskier areas? If you win your lane offer to switch with a outside lane to push you advantages. Mid lane is one of the safer lanes and offering the spot to a weaker lane (or just the ADC) will allow you to push down more global gold while giving your team mates a safe spot to farm. If you do not have 2 full items plus boots do not press beyond the teir 2 towers. Starve the enemy, and pick them off. Let the timer get beyond 20 minutes so death means something instead of forcing their base when they re-spawn quickly. You can help your team with in other ways than ganking.
I don't need solutions that require my teammates to do things because these don't work. At my elo, people don't know where they should be and when and how we should be pushing our advantage (me included to some extent), but when I tell people where they should be and try to shot call for my team, no one does anything and it's pointless. That's why I sometimes feel like ink in elo hell. When I'm ahead and I give my team ways to take advantage if this, either by grouping for a tower or drawing pressure out if the side lanes to mid, they don't do anything. When the enemy jungler and bot laners gank me and try to take my tower, I tell my bot lane to push and take their tower since there's no one protecting it. But instead my not lane, passively farms and does nothing with the lack of pressure in their lane. I need solutions that don't force me to rely upon my teammates because honestly, this just leads to disappointment. I feel like I have the mechanics and laning to play against people way better than my current elo and that I just need teammates who are competent in what they should be doing at any given moment, but I can't get to that point because I rely on my teammates too much. I need solutions that allow me to carry without relying on my teammates so much.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: This went from "Annie has very little counterplay" to "Praise Annie or burn" very, *very* quickly.
Sarcasm is like a 2nd language to you guys right? Because he's actually worshipping Annie; it's not like he's making fun of people's never ending complaining about her or anything. Nope, he is seriously in "The Annie Cult."
Rioter Comments
  Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Ranked team looking for Jungle for 5s will start tomorrow Pref plat/gold/high silver
I'm a jungle main, although im not high silver (S4). But I'm open to constructive criticism and I want very much to improve. Main champs {{champion:9}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:80}} I'm willing to learn/practice most if not all champs that the team would like. I am focused and am willing to scrim/play pretty often.
: very serious team looking for a top mid adc supp and jung
IGN: kirovdaruss Position- Jungle ELO- S4 Top Champs- {{champion:9}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:80}} (Currently working on mastering Hecarim, but also willing to pick up most champs that the team would want I dont have much experience with Ranked 5s, just a casual team of friends that doesnt meet often I'd like to join a serious team where I could work and where we could all enjoy the game and working at improving at it.
: Competitive Silver/Gold Tournament Team looking to Fill Roster.
-- Summoner Name: kirovdaruss -- Current rank/elo: S4 -- Age: 20 -- times available: all evenings (after 4) except Friday -- Role applying for: Jungle -- Top 5 champs in role: {{champion:9}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:254}} {{champion:121}} -- Playstyle: I'm very aggressive and I make High risk/High reward decisions, which I would say is my weakness. Uber aggressive to the enemy jg, counterjg anytime I can but I'm willing and happy to adapt to the playstyle of the team's majority -- Past experience with teams: only a little experience with a casual team of friends that only played a few games -- Why are you interested in us: I want to play on a serious team which regularly meets to practice and play in ranked q
: Team SALI Looking For All Roles
I'm a Silver 4 Jungler. I'll add you guys. Maybe see you at 10
Rise Pax (NA)
: Creating a Team Silver +
I sent you a friend request. I'm a S4 jungle main with a pretty good sized champ pool
: Looking for mid silvers to mid gold players for a ranked team
I'm interested- sent you a friend request. S4 Jungle main. Pretty large champion pool, I think I'm friendly to play with, and I will certainly be a tryhard willing to practice and play hard lol

kirovdaruss

Level 133 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion