: Holy shit, Rakan is so fun to play!
Ehh, I think I'm playing him wrong. I think I have won just as many as I have lost so far with him, but none of my victories felt like I was a big contributor and more like I just got carried. For starters, his laning phase seems, abysmal? When playing against him I was either Karma or Nami, and I just poked the poor basterd out of lane, or killed him. Playing as him myself, when I go in to engage, many of my lane partners are unable to follow up effectively, or they just choose not to, which means I just gave up a third of my health bar for nothing. And then there is the fact that his stats/scaling conflict his play style. One says build tank, the other says AP, and I cant figure out which I should be doing. The guy can be fun, but I seem to just be bad as him.
Rioter Comments
: {{champion:92}} animation canceling is a bug too And then it became a feature because riot never touched it Some things are definitely worth bitching about otherwise riot migth be lazy and leave the bugs in Sometimes thats fine like in riven' s case But that doesn't mean it always is Hi mord
I think the two cases are a little different. With Riven, players discovered an exploit for her skill, but the skill itself still functions as intended. In Mao's case, his ability is actually **missing** something that is supposed to be there.
: The fact that they're debating fixing it, says otherwise.
The debate is whether they want to ship out the intended version (slow then speed up), or just leave it as it is live. His last line in the above quote specifically said they won't ship it like this. (slow as balls)
Rioter Comments
: Congratulations Rito, you finally did it.
Its bugged guys. > [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=WPGvE6X7,comment-id=0001000000010001,timestamp=2017-04-20T20:35:43.364+0000) > > We've been testing a version of Maokai W that starts slow but accelerates quite rapidly as he travels. Still deciding whether we'll ship that or go back to the speed of 7.8 Maokai W. What's on PBE at present however is bugged in that it's the slow starting speed and no acceleration, leading to a bunch of non functional situations. Definitely won't be shipping that version.
Acheron16 (EUW)
: The Maokai rework is just a glorified nerf, he's weaker at all points of the game: Passive- has a Cooldown but only scales down with direct spells cast by or cast upon Maokai (nerf) Q- unchanged mechanically, damage nerf (nerf) W- slower move speed (nerf) E- % damage and damage buff if used in brushes (only buff in the rework) R- incredibly slow, only follows lanes and can be body blocked by tanks (major nerf, % damage reduction is infinitely better) I personally hate Maokai, but any reasonable player will say that disguising nerfs with reworks is bad.
The scale down with spell casts is nothing new, only the static cooldown is. What was changed was adding a base heal** AND** buffing the health scaling OLD - 5 / 6 / 7% maximum health. NEW - 15 - 134 (based on level) + (8 - 11.5 (based on level)% maximum health). Also according to the the wiki and S@20, Q's damage is unchanged, and I have seen plenty of gameplay of his new ult NOT following the lane.
: How interesting...
{{champion:103}} really doing this?
Occura (EUW)
: Music used in the Rakan Champion Spotlight
Its their login theme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLWUwwp-8AQ
Wind234 (NA)
: {{champion:34}} : *looking at Graves* What's a-matter with you, anyway?! Don't you even know a rabbit when you see one?! Hm? *points at Riven, to the gun, back at Riven* {{champion:92}} : She's right, Graves....Would you like to shoot me now or wait 'til you get home? {{champion:34}} : Shoot her now! Shoot her now!! {{champion:92}} : You keep out of this; he doesn't have to shoot you now! {{champion:34}} : He does so have to shoot me now! *goes to Graves* I -demand- that you shoot me now! {{champion:104}} has slain {{champion:34}} {{champion:34}} : ....let's run through that again. {{champion:92}} : *shrugs* Okay. *completely deadpan* "Would you like to shoot me now or wait 'til you get home?" {{champion:34}} : *also deadpan* "Shoot her now. Shoot her now." {{champion:92}} : *still deadpan* "You keep out of this, he doesn't have to shoot you now." {{champion:34}} : AHA!! THERE!! Pronoun trouble. It's not, "he doesn't have shoot YOU now," it's "he doesn't have to shoot ME now"......WELL I SAY HE DOES HAVE TO SHOOT ME NOW!!! *looks at Graves* SO SHOOT ME NOW!!! {{champion:104}} has slain {{champion:34}} Ahhh Looney Tunes.....so classic.....so underappreciated these days.
Love that scene. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e1hZGDaqIw&list=LL492NywwBOPALRcdlfbXnRQ&index=171
: When youre the support and youre team is slowly falling into anarchy
: > [{quoted}](name=kitcat300,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wAzqfTdK,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2017-04-09T00:57:23.270+0000) > > That's not racism. Ahri is a Vastya like she is. In fact in that same portion of the video, you can she that she actually does not enjoy killing her own kind. > > Her attitude toward humans are, but it doesn't sound like a sense of superiority, at least not entirely. It sounds like her own hatred might stem from a traumatic event caused by them to her people. I mean, based on what Xayah said and Ahri's desire to be human, Ahri could be that random Asian or black kid that wishes they were white. In which case Xayah sees her as a lost cause which goes against her since of pride and overall Vastayan superiority. Why would you want to be like *them*
Well OP called it racism, but that's when you hate someone of a _different_ race. I get that what you described is what is happening here, but I don't know the word for it. (if there is one)
: Xayah needs to have racist remark removed from her programming
That's not racism. Ahri is a Vastya like she is. In fact in that same portion of the video, you can she that she actually does not enjoy killing her own kind. Her attitude toward humans are, but it doesn't sound like a sense of superiority, at least not entirely. It sounds like her own hatred might stem from a traumatic event caused by them to her people.
Ralanr (NA)
: Is...is he hitting people with a lemon? Edit: though giving Swain a magical people blood transfusion seems more...interesting than being a corpse puppet controlled by the bird. I think.
Pocket mirror it looks like.
: Is Swain Vastayan?
Seems like it. Maybe a descendant or stolen powers? Who knows at this point. Also, the way his personality pulled a complete 180 against Ionian's caught me way of guard. Being a Karma main, it was kinda unsettling.
JoroA (EUW)
: The new champions are soo romantic!
I keep laughing when I hear their shared VO too. XD
: So, Varus confirmed Darkin now?
More like Varus became a vessel for one. (If that's what this is)
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: April 4
So his new shield will scale off missing health. Will its strength still be comparable to live if used that way, or slightly stronger/weaker?
: Just noticed that Garen's new lore says nothing about his relationship with Katarina
Jaraden Gave a similar response about [Taric.](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/story-art/XgM5H7rL-garens-new-lore-doesnt-mention-taric?comment=0001) This was more about solidifying his place withing his country and the story.
: Gameplay is not congruent with Lore. Note that Galio's also not 100 times the size of everyone else.
That being said, it is pretty glaring. Sure game-play and story/lore in almost any video game have never been mutually exclusive, but you could always draw reasonable parallels sometimes. In Garens case, he never gives in (passive), and is armor and weapons suppress magic (Silence and W). The point and click "smite from god" just seems off now, unless riot comes up with an reasonable explanation.
Sharjo (EUW)
: The Demacia Update is Live!
> “They don’t want understanding,” he said at last. “They don’t need it.” This alone proves what Nocturne [I think] said. If only more Demacians knew that understanding is in fact the only cure to hatred, and this fear to which they built their country upon. A fear that may inevitably destroy them.
: 3/21 PBE update is now up
{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-rainbows}}
: Now that Lee Sin can see with his upcoming legendary skin, I'm asking myself this question
: Post the funniest insult you've ever received
I got got called the "N" word by a Lucian. More Ironic than funny. What **was** funny was the _"Your recent report of a toxic player-"_ message I got 5 minutes after the game ended.
: Why are Galio and Shyvana related as friends still?
That bit is 5 years old. Most likely not canon anymore. http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2424681&page=3#post27700433
Elphege (EUW)
: Wait, they nerfed Ninja Tabi? When/how/*why*?
According to S@20... they haven't. Yeah Im confused why people keep saying it is.
Sharjo (EUW)
: It's more about Demacia in the current lore, which is wary enough of magic to have an enormous anti-magic colossus protecting it from magic based threats. Given Lux's new taunt involving J4, it seems like she's hiding her magic from others and given she's well versed in her powers at this point it's possible that, unlike Taliyah, she didn't fear her powers, but rather feared the reaction of Demacia's people. Things'll probably make more sense when Lux's bio eventually gets updated, which if there is indeed a Demacia event on the horizon (which I'm hoping there is), should be fairly soon.
Whats bugging me though is I was expecting a promo site to be up by now though. How long after Camille's reveal did the the Piltover page go up?
: Make Way for Master Yi
{{champion:74}} https://media.giphy.com/media/ziO6FTlG4haUg/giphy.gif But seriously, I CAN HEAR IN MY HEAD XD.
: Post the moment that you realized it was going to be One Of Those Games™
Just now actually. Gets in lobby. **SUPPORT:** "Fuck Auto fill, can any one trade?" **TOP:** "No" **MID:** "Cant" **JUNGLE:** "sorry dude" **BOT(Me):** "I can" **SUPPORT:** "No I'll supp, I'm trash at ADC" **BOT(Me):** "..." http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2445920659/41472353?tab=overview Proceeded to whine about auto fill the whole time.
: When is the champ select animation returning?
It hasn't been removed because it was never added, at least not yet I think.
: Wait a minute, you're not gas reformed.
: Well Lux works. She was in teh Hour of Need teaser, and ties into Demacia, which is getting a reworked champ, so it's relevant.
It was also probably just convenient since they had the actress record for her legendary skin. They probably took that chance to record these in advance.
Sharjo (EUW)
: New Galio, Gatekeeper Galio and LUX VO!
**GALIO** God god they made him a meat head. Stone head? Whatever, I got a kick out of it. Although, I suspect that his fan base might not take kindly to it. I can understand it though, it is a far cry from what he used to be. **LUX** "I'm sure your wife will forgive you for having her soul taken by a remorseless creature of darkness..." O_o I think Lux needs to get out more... practice her social skills.
abdul569 (EUW)
: I don't know why everyone sees galio as white and gold...
: The main difference between the Sion and Galio VUs comes down to one simple thing
Maybe it's all a front? That he just puts on an act to hide how depressed he is? We'll see.
Rioter Comments
Sharjo (EUW)
: The Hour of Need - New Demacia Related Teaser
{{champion:14}} What the heck happend while I was dead? {{champion:50}} Its Demacia's most powerful guardian. Galio. Since your demise he has thwarted every attempt at Demacia's boarders. {{champion:14}} Thats terrible.{{item:3070}} {{champion:50}} Yeah, but the worst part of it is- {{champion:3}} _'STOMP'_ {{champion:14}} GOOD GRIEF HES NAKED!!!
: I miss not playing against the new leblanc nor is she fun to play compared to the old leblanc. What a failed set of reworks
Sharjo (EUW)
: Oh yeah. Then he can snap that scrawny bitch's legs before crushing her and fucking up Piltie's left right and center. Would be an interesting interaction between Ekko and Skarner, considering the crystal in use for the Z-Drive. Wonder what that Brackern thinks of the whole situation? Do they (it?) hate Ekko for using them as a tool, or do they sympathise with Ekko's struggles?
I would think Jayce is a more likely candidate for interaction, considering they are listed as being associated champs on their respective pages. And like Ekko, a shard from the crystal he destroyed powers his hammer. Unlike Ekko, or most humans for that matter, it looks as though Jayce made a connection with the being inside. However brief it was.
: wait if its guarnteed to crit. that means she will still build lethality and new Q will do more damage? wtf?
Granted, the second shot by itself does not do extra damage anymore, it is now the same as the first bounce. The guaranteed crit is also only if the first one dies.
Rioter Comments
: Maybe Leblanc because that's something reasonable to complain about
have you seen her nerfs on the PBE? [Twitter](https://twitter.com/ricklessabandon/status/834859838756659200) post.
: Just more fuel for the hype train
So... Galio next patch maybe?
: Why is Jarvan often paired with Quinn?
It mostly stems from her champion teaser journal entries. There appears to be a mutual respect between the two. Jarven not being what she expected, and him encouraging Quinn to follow her own judgment, as well as personally granting her a place amid the Demacian elite for her success.
V3ritrum (EUW)
: WHERE CAN I FIND LEAGUE COMICS??
If a champion has a comic associated with them, they will have it on their champion page in the [Universe](http://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/champions/) section of the website. Keep in mind there are VERY few, I think those three and Camille are the only ones.
Sraeg2013 (EUNE)
: Scarizard a live balance designer is leaving tomorrow and suddenly we have LOGICAL balance changes. http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/776/609/610.gif
https://twitter.com/RiotScarizard/status/828776270775279616 "the only time I worked on LoL's balance was s2/s3"
: Which do you prefer in a champion teaser: comic or video
While the videos are pleasing to watch, I like the character/world building that the comics give.
: Supporting these MF's that just play her for the Ult and can't double up to save their lives
MF arguably makes better use Deathfire Touch than Jhin because of her Q. It is up more often and counts as a single target for the full debuff duration. I still like to think about the time I nailed a low HP Lux supp with the second bounce. She walks off screen - "You have slain an enemy."
Ralanr (NA)
: My thoughts on Evelynn's direction
I remember during Taliyah's development they were working on a concept for a spite mage, maybe something like that could work for her? Her old ult was even named "Malice and Spite."
: Jayce V. Viktor Lore
My only concern is that the people who felt scorned by Riot before (Victors old lore), and perhaps a few other are too eager to jump on the 'hate Jayce' bandwagon, as if gaining some form or retribution. I mean, yeah the guy is quite the douche, but its not like hes the scum of the earth that people seem to be exaggerating him to be. Also, I agree that it was a nice touch on how they mirrored their color stories.
Show more

kitcat300

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion