: WHEN you rework Shyvana, Riot...
: Is riot going to do something about these OP Champions?
from what i've seen of setts ult he's going to be the most cancer thing ever. Imagine you're an adc or mage or something with like 1k health and he just picks up a mundo or darius or something to one shot you.
: Live chat is incredible.
ahh i shouldve tried that for a vayne skin a while back instead i spent more money on rp. I was only like 10 rp off. I don't even play vayne anymore lol. rip me i guess.
: Hey Riot, are you there??
yeah i check these boards all the time and I haven't seen a rioter post in a long time. Wonder if they even read these anymore? Maybe the whole sexism scandal caused their boards-reading team to get fired or layed off? idk whatever the case is it really does seem that they aren't here.
: Blue essence
you can change your name like 6 times. Also it costs BE to get level 6 and 7 mastery so there's that. And ofc essence emporium happens every now and then, with urfwick that costs 150k BE.
: You won't get punished for CHAT RELATED things if you don't use chat. You can still get punished for behavioral things like AFK and trolling since people can still report you for those things.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Bq6oa2aX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-18T21:09:35.873+0000) > > You won't get punished for CHAT RELATED things if you don't use chat. You can still get punished for behavioral things like AFK and trolling since people can still report you for those things. but its very rare that you actually will get punished for those things since a mod will have to sift through the game and determine that, and they likely get thousands of reports per day. So unless they said "ima run it down" explicitly, there's a pretty low chance that they will be punished.
: When you get matched against a new player in lane when your playing one of your mains
its pretty sad actually. I played against some level 30s in ranked and afterwards they're like, "matchmaking is broken how tf does a level 100 guy go against us". Like, I really hope they don't quit the game after that. It really is miserable getting totally stopmed all over when you're still learning the game and I really hope that this doesn't cause them to stop enjoying the game.{{sticker:cass-cry}}
Rioter Comments
BlackXIV (EUW)
: If it's a power farmer expect to lose as they're not even viable since preseason
depends on the elo, anything can happen in bronze
: Jungle exp is fine. U still get more gold for full jungle item before 8 mins to be stronger than laners but lower in exp.
a level gives about 600 gold worth of stats. So if a solo laner has 2 levels over the jg that is a 1200 gold difference. idk if the camps give that much.
: Why doesn't my jungler gank?
if its a power farmer like shyvana don't expect many ganks. The point of these champions is to farm early and carry late. Certain other champions have level 6 power spikes that they might be waiting for before they gank. These include nocturne rengar, shyvana (again), jarvan, diana, etc. The handful of champions that are spam gankers (lee sin, xin zhao, and ones like yi and ww that can spam gank and power farm) may seem annoying, but if you notice that they are on the enemy team it's your job as a laner to not die to them. Knowing what you're up against doesn't just apply to understanding the enemy laner since junglers can have an impact on lanes, it's your job to know what type of jungler you will be going against so you don't get overly aggressive when you shouldn't. If you don't know much about jungle champions, you can ask your jungler as they will likely know more about jungle matchups. and that's all decided in champ select. There are plenty of other factors that other people mentioned so I'm not going to repeat them.
Vonyalo (EUW)
: why would they abandon the game that made it possible to grow and develop those other games.
> [{quoted}](name=Vonyalo,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BbELUUtP,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-17T00:35:24.178+0000) > > why would they abandon the game that made it possible to grow and develop those other games. If it stops making them enough money maybe? idk
Rioter Comments
: What champion made you start hating playing the game?
: riot just pissed off every person with OCD this patch.
has nothing to do with skins, don't expect them to fix it.
Helliote (EUW)
: Idea : Skin sales alert, wishlist and fav?
i would love this but i don't think it would ever be added because they don't exactly want you to save money on skins, the sales are more there to get you to spend more not less. other comment explained it better. Real sad because now I have to keep checking the shop every 2 weeks or get lucky on the custom sales.
Rockman (NA)
: i feel like Sett was designed to counter Zac/Cho
i think he was meant to counter tanky juggernauts in general, since he is one, and he can use other ones to his advantage. So if the enemy top laner picks any juggernaut sett is a safe counter pick. Not only do you ensure that your team has a brusier to match theirs but your team's will be able to use the other one to do damage. Right now all of the top 7 top laners are juggernauts with well over 50% winrates, so I think anyone who ends up seeing one on the enemy team and is a bit worried should consider sett as a counter.
: When can "smurfs" be a thing of a past?
if anything smurfing will just get worse as players get better and better but get more and more bored of fair games. The other thing is that, if you ever made a smurf account, you would know that the fun only lasts like 10 games. Your mmr would be so inflated after going 30/0 against noobs that you would likely never get matched with players that low again. My friend's smurf account has 15 min long matchmaking as it looks for other smurfs. A true toxic smurf would intentionally lose in order to tank his mmr and relive the smurfing, but I'm not sure if that's what your dealing with considering that this is usually something you see in low elo, not plat. If you're getting diamond players in plat games, it's not because they're smurfing. It's because they had a (likely unintentional) loss streak and it tanked their mmr. Or its because you had a win streak and your mmr is higher than it should be. I try to treat smurves as a learning experience. If you only play against people your elo then you will get real good at beating players of that elo, but you'll have no idea how to deal with players who are better. I don't know if you are all that interested in climbing, but if you are, then these "smurfs" are going to be the norm once you get to higher elo and you should welcome any practice you can get against them.
Rioter Comments
: but currently the truth is if someone dc right after the game starts, it won't let player remake, doesn't make sense. The only case that players can remake is someone quits during the loading period.
hmm thats interesting i didn't know that. Yeah I definitely think an afk before 3 mins should be remakable, although I actually thought it was... maybe he wasn't actually dced and he actually stuck around to make it think he wasn't afk so you couldn't remake. In other words, a troll.
Tayzzer (NA)
: One trick life
nice to know I'm not alone in that
: why do we have to suffer from 4v5, and not be able to remake?
i personally think the lp loss should be lowered if there was an afk but being able to remake late in the game can be abused. If you're getting stomped, just tell someone to dc and remake. No one loses lp, and the enemy team that deserved lp doesn't get any.
Rioter Comments
: You Know What I Hate The Most About Jungling?
If you asked they probably don't know what priority is. Roaming is pretty much the most important part of playing mid lane and I've been flamed by talons who didn't roam once, saying shit like "I win my lane but lose game because trash [insert role]". Like, people in low elo just think the game is farming until you get their tower then teamfighting till the game ends. I had one game with a quinn top who was literally getting slaughtered in lane. Then she hits six and starts roaming. What do you know, she ends up carrying. Roaming is just so important and its just sad that sometimes, your team just doesn't what it is.
: Just some tiny complaints about Sett
people have been complaining about how much they hate juggernauts healing so i don't think they will likely add more. I think the purpose of sett is to be a powerful juggernaut without much self healing. Haven't tried him yet so idk if he fulfills this or not.
: Sett talks about being a half-breed, and talks about his fur, but....
i mean, nidalee probably wouldn't have access to makeup in the jungle but her splash sure looks like she does. Other comment basically said it, the splash is meant to look good not necessarily reflect the actual champion in the lore. Which is why nidalee's picture in the universe makes her look quite a bit more gnarled up then the splash. I imagine the next picture they put out for sett might be a bit more animalistic. Perhaps in the splash sett's hiding something? (maybe he shaves his fur, and hides a tail? idk)
Rioter Comments
mirAcIe (EUW)
: Make it an option to show champion names instead of player names above the healthbar
"Is this lux going to q or not... oh wait, that's ezreal"
Stiffbee (NA)
: Game feels too short now days
games being too long was something that people used to complain about a lot. back when I started playing games could easily reach over an hour and averaged 40-50 mins. I honestly enjoyed that but a lot of people didn't and riot wanted that to change I guess.
Sukishoo (NA)
: Mecha Kingdoms, Dragon Slayers, Gaurdian of The Sands and Freljord Skins!
dang the sylas one is cool af. looks like an assassins creed cover tbh
: Imo he doesnt fit his description in his lore. Under "Beast Boy bastard" or "half beast" i would have expected something else. All this stuff about him being an outcast in his childhood because he is a hybrid would have been solved If he would have put on a hat. Because his ears are the only animalistic thing about him. I feel like they could have made one of his arms wolflike with fur, claws and stuff to communicate his hybrid origin. Would Go super well with his passive too, his human arm being the first AA and the second one being the beastarm which is dealing the big DMG. Also his hairstyle ist kinda weird imo. Doesnt really fit the rest of his desgin or hes Charakter. Something more mane like with some braids and golden ornaments would be more fitting .
Yeah the expectations were def subverted on this one. He's half vastaya and vastaya are already sort of half human, so lore-wise it makes sense why he looks so humanoid but idk why they were teasing some kind of beast if this was what they had in mind. From the lore, "half beast" actually referred to his human half as he grew up resented by vastaya. So they def pulled a surprise on that but I still like the champion overall. I think it looks cool, I like the expansion of the ionian underworld lore, and I like that they're pretty clearly gearing up for a kpop boy band.
Charmy Bird (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=klin537,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WPdTAUvj,comment-id=000f0000,timestamp=2019-12-12T00:27:15.333+0000) > > Dude are the asian eyes distracting you? > He, quite literally, IS A GIANT BUFF GUY LIKE BRAUM No, he's yet another cute pretty boy like aphelios.
confirmed, you see asian eyes and you think kpop. Dude looks nothing like aphelios. Aphelios is skinny. Sett is literally massive. Take another look at the splash art, and put your hand over his face this time.
: Are Sett Related Champions implying that his father is Draven?
GreenLore (EUW)
: I like him as well, but I feel like the dislike for him is mostly part of a bigger problem: The fact that almost every new champ has to look either sexy or cute. Every champ since 2017 except for Ornn and Pyke was designed to be sexy and/or cute. A lot of people here on this board want more unique and interesting designs similar to the ones that we got in the seasons 4-6. When Sett was announced, almost everyone here thought he'd either look more animalistic or be a big manly guy. Instead he ended up looking rather bishounen, even if he is big and muscular.
as far as animals go we have enough imo. crocodiles, wolves, dogs, cats, bears, birds, foxes, goats, fish, cows, snakes, and rats. Monsters like cho and rek may seem original but honsetly there isn't much variation between them. Vel koz is the only one that really differs from the rest. As far as big manly guys go, I'd make the case that sett is one. But if he seems a bit on the gay looking side, at the very least, that's unique since we already have darius, garen, and braum as big manly guys. my point is that they've clearly exhausted the animalistic archetype, and all they have left is sexy, cute or edgy, so that's what they'll do and it's been a while since they added a male who's main characteristic is sex appeal.
Rioter Comments
Charmy Bird (EUNE)
: Wtf is this fucking bullshit another hot cute little boy? Seriously riot? I know ure prepping for your boyband skin line to cater to your egirls but cmon. I thought sett would be a different champion, I expected him to be a giant buff guy like braum whose only appearance would strike fear but no we need a furry version of Darius. Gj riot keep being unoriginal
>giant buff guy like braum Dude are the asian eyes distracting you? He, quite literally, IS A GIANT BUFF GUY LIKE BRAUM
: Beautiful KDA Cosplay
i see 1 leg tattoo though agree in disliking tattoos I really don't see what you're seeing
: I know how to fix top issues and make the game more interactive, PORTALS in alcoves!!!
might be interesting for a temp game mode but I don't think it would ever make it into the actual game.
: > [{quoted}](name=afmghost,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=w0IYmaET,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-11T12:52:07.937+0000) > > It's not a bot. It's some guy who has way too many alts at his disposal. What he plans to accomplish by doing this is beyond me. Which...he does with a bot. You've found the definition of votebotting. Congratulations.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=w0IYmaET,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2019-12-11T14:13:22.854+0000) > > Which...he does with a bot. > > You've found the definition of votebotting. Congratulations. not necessarily, if you had no life you could easily just log out and log back in 20 times. Or if you were getting paid
: Runeterra PSA: Stop Imprisoning people
hmmm now that you mention it they do seem to repeat that storyline a lot
BigFBear (EUW)
: Give Drakes more HP again!
i actually sometimes let them take the first drake even if we have bot prio because it lets me clear their entire jungle if I know they're doing it. Hard for them to recover from that as jg's would be underleveled already, then more so after the invade. I essentially becomes 4v5 after that even if they got one drake
Jacksin (OCE)
: Going forward with lore, all I hope from Riot is that:
Im probably in the minority here but I disagree. Champions like shyvana don't really fit the lore; the lore had to be changed for them. Same with my main, nidalee. She pretty much had no place in the lore which caused them to have to add a new region just for her and like 2 other champions as well as releasing a new champion just so there'd be someone for her to have lore interaction with. If they only made champions based on what already existed in the lore nidalee would never be a thing. Nothing about demacia in the lore would remotely suggest that a half dragon lady would live there so they had to bend the lore to fit her archetype. Kayle and morgana had their own lore for a long time but it had almost nothing to do with the rest of the lore, so they changed it so that kayle and morgana were aspects and had something to do with demacia or something. Another example is brand. There's nothing in the lore suggested of someone like him existed so they created him without the lore in mind, and _then_ added him to the lore in the form of ryze's student. My point is that when they disregard lore, they can come up with unique characters, and _then_ make changes to lore to include those characters. This will cause the lore to evolve based on new characters, and character choices aren't constrained by what's currently in the lore.
: > [{quoted}](name=Minimac2000,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kAZqZ2b9,comment-id=00030002,timestamp=2019-12-09T19:22:34.673+0000) > > But if you make it bigger suddenly a lot of people are super demoralized they are hard stuck iron and quit How can anyone get stuck in Iron? I could play my lowest win rate champions, troll and afk half my games and couldn't get there in a month. I actually tried to tank an account to Iron by playing very very casually and it was just fuckin impossible.
> [{quoted}](name=FioraWillCarry,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kAZqZ2b9,comment-id=000300020000,timestamp=2019-12-09T19:32:00.996+0000) > > How can anyone get stuck in Iron? I could play my lowest win rate champions, troll and afk half my games and couldn't get there in a month. I actually tried to tank an account to Iron by playing very very casually and it was just fuckin impossible. the only way to be in iron is if you start in iron. Meaning, you make a new account with low mmr and lose all your placements. I started in iron but climbed out with <50 winrate. Since irons are so rare most of that rank plays with bronze, in fact I've seen games with silver and iron on the same team. thus it's really hard to not climb out since you get like 10 times more lp when you win against silvers then you lose if you lose agains them.
Okraki (NA)
: The Grinch that Stole Snowdown 2019
snowdown wouldn't be the same without the login screen, and they pretty much removed the whole login screen thing. Really sad if there's no snowdown this year though
: The state of the r/leagueoflegends subreddit
The only league subreddits I use are ones for mains like r/rengarmains which actually talk about the game.
: RIOT DOESNT BAN TROLLS NEVER . SHOW SOME RESPECT TO YOUR PLAYERBASE
The only time I even got a troll report acknowledged was when the dude was typing in chat that he was trolling. Literally they only way riot can tell if someones breaking the rules is by reading chat. They literally have no ability to do anything else. That's why we need the tribunal (or something similar to take it's place) back. It's clear that riot doesn't have enough employees to sift through trolls' games to determine if they're trolling or not. All they have is a dumb algorithm that reads chat logs. This results in people getting banned for saying the f word like its preschool but actual trolls and cheaters left unpunished as long as they don't say anything. Having something like the tribunal would essentially make it so that riot could expand it's staff 10 fold, allowing hundreds if not thousands of players to help out with the troll-detecting process. Of course in order to ensure that the volunteers aren't trolls themselves, some boundaries/rules/guidelines would have to be set but overall we need this.
: Jungle is a shit hole now because riot keeps hitting us with the fucking nerf stick. No one wants to play a role that is going to be 3-6 levels behind solo lanes and only really has a presence in the game for the first 6 minutes. Most jungle mains have given up and either swapped to lanes, or just quit the game all together.
I started to try to top but then I got the same problem as OP (ended up autofilling jg half my games) so I decided to go back to jungle. Playing jg isn't bad because if you are against an autofilled jg when you're a main you can seriously abuse it. You can tell someone was autofilled because they'll be 2 levels behind you even when you're two levels behind solo lanes. It's such a mess tbh.
GenoXx (NA)
: So Riot Forge was made....
dude a soulsborne game with this lore would be epic
: The last girl Yordle was released nearly 8 years ago. We need more :(
: Yet another, "ReVeRt AaTroX" post. The reason his Sword was changed was because it wasn't really a sword at all. it was closer to a saw. It made 0 sense, and was changed when his theme was changed from "Spikes, spikes, and more spikes" to "Cruel immortal Swordsman"
chill dude. I couldn't care less about reverting aatrox I never played him before or after the update. But it would solve my issue and it seems pretty popular. I just thought the sword was unique before and generic after. If you didn't like it that's totally cool but I did. As some backstory I'm into diy crafts and stuff and I was planning an Aatrox sword build but I didn't really want to do the new one. But the old one literally doesn't exist in the game anymore, so making that now would feel a bit meaningless. If they don't revert it I think I'll do yasuo's.
Show more

klin537

Level 110 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion