Rioter Comments
: School Counsellor Braum
Shut up and take my money
: KAI'SA - K/DA CHOREOGRAPHY (DANCE COVER AND COSPLAY)
: > [{quoted}](name=kurthl33t,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=efkXE3vi,comment-id=00040002,timestamp=2019-08-02T00:56:13.388+0000) > > Congratulations, you have just proven that you are not informed enough on the subject to have a relevant opinion. You are excused. I assume you can see yourself out? "you disagree with me ergo you are the villain and uninformed"
> [{quoted}](name=Hammermancer,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=efkXE3vi,comment-id=000400020000,timestamp=2019-08-02T03:17:58.961+0000) > > "you disagree with me ergo you are the villain and uninformed" You literally don't know the proper terminology and what it means. When you do, you may come back and join the discussion. Until then, we bid you adieu.
: My attempt to draw Irelia
I'd want to rest near some sakura trees, too, if I was that tired.
: got my friend permabannede - he blocked me on every media - did I do the right thing?
It can be hard to cut friends out of your life, but it's important to free yourself from toxic or harmful relationships. Well done.
Rioter Comments
: "Evelynn" - acrylic on canvas
Well that's beautiful and terrifying. You nailed it.
: I received a death threat from a post I made here in Player Behavior
That's disturbing. I really hope that guy gets some professional help before they hurt themselves.
The Iceborn (EUNE)
: Happy Birthday Lissandra!
May her drinks always be chilled!
333lom (EUNE)
: Designing a champion - Braum's Momma!
Can her ult be throwing Braum at their enemies? "Mother always said, 'Don't lose!'"
: My Diana FanArt
: Support: "Okay play safe for a moment, I need to recall"
...To be fair, this is also my attitude as support when my ADC backs.
: I really want this minor change to Heartseeker Ashe.
Cancer Survivor Ashe is beautiful and won't stand for your prejudice
Haziv (EUW)
: Undertaker Taric
Gravestones are truly, truly, truly outrageous
: Teran, The Reflected Ascended
So... he's a hard counter Vel'Koz
: We were losing 1 - 15 at minute 13.
Can I give this post a hug? I'd like to give it a hug.
: [Fanart] K/DA Katarina - Goddess with a blade
I'm in favor of more pop stars with prominent facial scars
: You know why Rek Sai is terrible at taking objectives?
Here I was, expecting you to say that she a-Voids objectives.
: How long have you been playing the game without any punishment?
I think I started playing in 2014. Never received any kind of punishment. As far as I know, I've never even been reported for anything besides AFK. (And those were fair--my Internet hasn't always been great.)
Maya Fey (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Maya Fey,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Giz8aQ5f,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-12-12T02:41:57.733+0000) > > > C: Shut up Janna main and make me a sandwich. Why is it always a sandwich? If you're going to make a misogynist statement involving women being in kitchens, why not get more creative? Ask for a meat pie, or a lasagna, or shish kabob. Something more involved and imaginative than a sandwich that you could slap together yourself.
: Some thoughts on more dated female champions, from a girl
I'm not a lady, so technically my opinion in this particular discussion doesn't matter. Riot is specifically seeking feedback from ladies, as they should be. But I still agree with and support every point in the OP.
: As an Ivern main, people have no fucking idea how this champion works.
No one. EVER. Picks up the extra red/blue buffs.
Moody P (NA)
: Sejuani used to have a permaslow now she doesn't even have a slow in her basic spells
: Blizzcon reveals Overwatch is getting a new champ: White haired girl named Ashe
Yara0 (NA)
: So if champions with 1-3 dashes deal more damage then champions with no dashes then whats the point?
Maybe the less mobile champ brings crowd control, or tankiness, or damage mitigation in the form of healing/shielding, or has a global ult, or can create terrain, or ... Damage and mobility aren't the only two important numbers in the game.
: Made Plat for the first time!
: Fed Soraka Doodle
Yippee kai banana, motherfucker
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=kurthl33t,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GlyL5EMG,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-09-09T12:36:07.864+0000) > > ...You know there are non-white people in Europe, right? You do know that people of color were nearly non existent in Medieval Europe though, right? Or should Game of Thrones change that too, even though both series are attempting to follow realism to a degree. Anyway, that's not the problem. ---------------------------------------------------------- There's no problem with including people of color, but there IS a problem in changing a main character's race for no reason. How would you feel if they made Black Panther white? They just chose one of the worst possible characters to try and inject diversity into. Any character outside the main cast would have been fine. Hell, they could probably have cast a poc as Dandelion, and no one would've bat an eye.
> [{quoted}](name=Somber Rites,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GlyL5EMG,comment-id=00050004,timestamp=2018-09-09T22:26:08.957+0000) > > You do know that people of color were nearly non existent in Medieval Europe though, right? The Mongols made it to Poland. Ancient Greece and Turkey, not to mention the Liberian peninsula traded with their neighbors across the Mediterranean, such as Egypt, Israel, and Syria, and economic exchange always comes with the exchange of peoples, not just goods and services. Rome was literally a melting pot, not unlike modern New York City, with people traveling there from halfway across the world for work, trade, or just to live in a cool city. Come at me with real facts, if you'd like. I'll listen. But you can't make stuff up based on what you want to believe, and then defend your stance with falsehoods. I have actual historical evidence backing me up on this particular point.
Pale Mask (EUW)
: Besides missing the fact that I'm being sarcastic and the OP, you've also unfortunately avoided the reasoning behind this argument. Ciri is described as white-skinned and a big part of her backstory is the fact that she carries the genes of Lara Dorren, an elf sorceress, within her. Ciri's biological parents are stated to be white, and one of the defining features of Aen Elle elves within the Witcher universe is their pale skin (which Lara Dorren had, and her descendants share). The Witcher is written by a Slavic author, based on Slavic mythology and folklore, and aimed at Slavic readers in mind. Despite this, the author actually wrote the Witcher universe's equivalent of Africa/the Middle East into the story though Zerrikania. Ciri is not from there. It seems to me that you know nothing about the Witcher's story. I thank you for sharing your opinion, but did you just want to defend the casting choice, or is there something else?
> [{quoted}](name=Tharizdûn,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GlyL5EMG,comment-id=0005000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-09T14:31:22.212+0000) > Ciri is described as white-skinned and a big part of her backstory is the fact that she carries the genes of Lara Dorren, an elf sorceress, within her. Ciri's biological parents are stated to be white, and one of the defining features of Aen Elle elves within the Witcher universe is their pale skin (which Lara Dorren had, and her descendants share). See, this is a much more relevant argument against casting an actor of color for the role. You should have lead with this. > The Witcher is written by a Slavic author, based on Slavic mythology and folklore, and aimed at Slavic readers in mind. ...Having lived in a Slavic country for a couple of years, I can tell you that plenty of people in Slavic countries are of Mongol descent and look more like Michelle Yeoh than Charlize Theron. Those aren't immigrants, either. Their families have been living there for several hundred years. > It seems to me that you know nothing about the Witcher's story. I thank you for sharing your opinion, but did you just want to defend the casting choice, or is there something else? Well spotted. I've never been particularly interested in The Witcher games or novels. I got bored watching one of my favorite streamers play Witcher 3, and when I picked up the first novel, I lost interest after a couple of pages. Allegedly the games and novels are really good, so I hope for fans' sakes that the tv adaptation is enjoyable, but it's not my thing. My purpose in responding to the original post was to point out that it's ridiculous to use European history and culture to argue against the casting of actors of color. There may be OTHER arguments against such casting, such as (apparently) a character's elven ancestory. But if your argument is based on accurately representing European history and culture, than you're actually arguing in FAVOR of casting more actors of color.
Jamaree (NA)
: As long as she plays the role well, I’m personally indifferent Edit: I’m not deleting this post but I’m putting my thoughts here. I say I don’t care as long as she plays the role well because I just care about good acting period. As long as the character isn’t strictly linked to their color, I really don’t care how they look. If the character is linked directly to their color, their races, their nationality and it is changed, I get why people are upset. Hell I get why people are upset either way, but in a case like Ciri where besides it being stated she was white and her character isn’t changed based on what she looks like race wise, I don’t care. I was upset L was made black in Death Note, L being sickly and emincaited was important to both the story and him. I don’t care that they made the Old One in Doctor Strange a white chick because it did nothing to really change how the movie flowed and literally could have worked with any race or nationality.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GlyL5EMG,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-09T12:16:25.116+0000) > > As long as she plays the role well, I’m personally indifferent That seems fair. Although I do want to see more actors of color working, so if the person they hire for the role both plays the role well AND is an actor of color, that seems like a win/win.
Pale Mask (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=kurthl33t,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GlyL5EMG,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-09-09T12:36:07.864+0000) > > ...You know there are non-white people in Europe, right? Really? I had _no_ idea. Next you'll tell me there's Caucasians in Africa.
> [{quoted}](name=Tharizdûn,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GlyL5EMG,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2018-09-09T12:49:11.980+0000) > > Really? I had _no_ idea. Literally the argument against casting an actor of color in the role in the original post is that this setting is based off of medieval Europe. I'm bringing up the fact that there were non-white people in Europe during this period because it entirely negates that argument. If the OP has another reason why a white actress should be cast, rather than a non-white actress, I'm happy to listen, but that particular point is completely invalid. > Next you'll tell me there's Caucasians in Africa. I'm not sure what you're getting at with this sentence.
: > [{quoted}](name=kurthl33t,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GlyL5EMG,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-09-09T12:36:07.864+0000) > > ...You know there are non-white people in Europe, right? This is the medieval/fantasy Europe setting tho, not modern day one. Wouldn't be much different if someone made a show about Native American culture and went like "You know what'd be really dope? Sitting Bull being a black dude. After all, there are black people in the modern day America so that makes it OK". And honestly, it's just disrespecting both the author and the Slavic folklore he borrows heavily about. Again, imagine the shitstorm if a story based on African setting casted a blond white dude in one of main roles. But other way round is a-OK, screw that culture which has been around for centuries!
> [{quoted}](name=Weiss Guertena,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GlyL5EMG,comment-id=00050002,timestamp=2018-09-09T13:28:55.697+0000) > > This is the medieval/fantasy Europe setting tho, not modern day one. Exactly when do you think the Mongols invaded? (That's just an example, there were plenty of non-white people all throughout Europe during the 6th through 15th centuries. In particular, lots of trade along the Mediterranean with African and Middle Eastern cultures.) I can understand being upset about changes to a character you love. What I DON'T understand is trying to use history as a defense against bringing in non-white actors, when a) we're talking about a fantasy setting, not actual historical events; and b) even if we were talking about a medieval historical drama set in Europe, there were lots of non-white people in Europe.
: Varus Skin Idea (Program Infected PROJECT)
OMG his ult could be Varus actively spreading the infection!
Pale Mask (EUW)
: So, Netflix is supposedly going to cast a non-white actress as Ciri for their Witcher show
> [{quoted}](name=Tharizdûn,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GlyL5EMG,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-09T12:13:11.861+0000) >purely European fantasy ...You know there are non-white people in Europe, right?
: Hello!
Mmf. Got a major headcold and had to work regardless, so it wasn't a fantastic day, but tomorrow there will be cake.
: Reminder that sexism goes both ways
No it doesn't. Sexism only goes one direction: downward. Sexism can only happen when there is a power imbalance between the sexes. That power imbalance may not be BECAUSE of the difference in sexes, but I guarantee that any example of sexism you can provide will be of one where there was a power imbalance, and a person or group with a shared gender identity exploited that power imbalance, to the detriment of another person or group with a different gender identity.
: [Skin idea] Star Guardian Vi
Punch first. Guard stars while punching.
: Dealing with a breakup
Two blondes walk into a bar and say, "Ow!" The third one walks around it.
Pelopas (NA)
: Some positivity
Players with positive attitudes win more games.
: Sorry, I don't feel sorry for your low honor level.
I have a pretty high honor rating right now, so I'm not TOO worried, but I've also recently begun dealing with a really twitchy Internet connection. It'll be fine for an hour or two, then suddenly disconnect or slow to a crawl for a couple minutes, sometimes longer. It's frustrating, not only because it means I don't get to play the game, but because I've undoubtedly had to eat some afk or intentional feeding reports.
Kazo Kurosu (EUNE)
: This is a sad day for league community.
I can't POSSIBLY be the only person who finds a woman's muscled shoulders and back to be sexier than sideboob.
RH Venom (NA)
: Uninstalling this game for the first time in 5 years (no joke) Peak rank: (Diamond 2 100 LP)
: Guild Wars 2 just had some really big drama this week.
So... if we're now living in a world where people can lose their jobs over some potentially inadvisable social media posts, can I start pointing employers towards specific tweets? I can think of some people way more inept than those two developers appear to be who could stand to be removed from their positions.
remakoro (EUNE)
: TMW you get heavily outdrafted by your opponents
Huh. In black and white that looks like Yamanaka Ino.
: People say puns are just bad dad jokes.
Some people might pater-nize you for that joke. But I don't think you need to be spermed from society. It's a-parent that you're just trying to make people chuckle.
GigglesO (NA)
: How does Blizzard keep up so many games?
Where are you getting your info on numbers of employees for both companies? The best number I can find for number of employees at Blizzard is six years old, before Hearthstone and Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm, which would have all brought in more staff.
Joli (NA)
: Evelynn Fan Art!
I see a lot of artists constantly flipping the image vertically while digitally painting. Can you explain for us complete novices why that's so helpful? Also, this is amazing!
: Their Pyke is unable to even kill an unarmed man? Pathetic.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=kRAxUlcA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-31T19:43:41.311+0000) > > Their Pyke is unable to even kill an unarmed man? > > Pathetic. I think you mean "Their Pyke comes very close to killing a highly trained, chemically-enhanced supersoldier? Amazing."
Show more

kurthl33t

Level 173 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion