Rioter Comments
athyst (NA)
: LF team that needs a duo bot (adc and support)
I'm a Gold 1 adc duo bot with a gold 4 supp. If you still need/want a duo bot, hit me up. We wanna have a fun clash
Derk527 (NA)
: LF adc and support mic and discord preferred silver
Hey, do you still need a bot lane? I play adc and I have a supp that wants to play
: Join Us Oct. 15th to Celebrate 10 Years of League
I liked the new riot logo but not this one. this is not about modern or not, it just looks bad.
: > [{quoted}](name=lejundary,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=001400000000,timestamp=2019-08-25T18:06:33.936+0000) > > exactly food stamps helps people, just like league being free to play help people who cant affort pay to win games or pay to play game. enternal is like ways people can donate so the game can stay free how is that hard to understand? > > it's like those 4ocean braclets, it's a stupid ass braclet but you not really just pay for the stupid braclet but a bragging right that you helped clean the ocean. > > insult is a disrespect remark, sure you may feel it insulting that I think you are putting your efforts in the wrong place. > but that's like I go to your house ask shit for free and you tell me how I can get my own shit is an insult. > > I am telling you how the economy works, you trade your goods and service for other people's goods and service, money is the medium to do so. > > you playing the game is not giving good and service to riot but the other way around. You avoided the question for more reaching. At this point you're arguing for a point you can't even stand behind. You won't buy into Eternals because you know its greedy and useless for having a price tag on it. *It's not about avoiding the purchase* since the content isn't necessary. It's the fact *they demand money for a useless feature* they spent *half a year on* and no one wants it. I wish you a good day and all, but recommend defending things you actually stand for. Instead of insulting people in an erratic way.
> [{quoted}](name=Lightning Amane,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=0014000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-25T18:23:13.829+0000) > > You avoided the question for more reaching. At this point you're arguing for a point you can't even stand behind. > > You won't buy into Eternals because you know its greedy and useless for having a price tag on it. *It's not about avoiding the purchase* since the content isn't necessary. It's the fact *they demand money for a useless feature* they spent *half a year on* and no one wants it. > > I wish you a good day and all but recommend defending things you actually stand for. Instead of insulting people in an erratic way. I won't buy it cause I don't have expendable income. I would if I did so I can support the game and enjoy the little achievement system. the fact that you think people are dumb enough to pay for things they don't want is just silly. even if they are you are not paying for that useless feature, people who buy it is paying for it. and top of that those dumb people is keeping the game free to play. anyways I wish you have a nice day too.
: > [{quoted}](name=lejundary,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2019-08-25T16:23:59.662+0000) > > I am not saying a person is not contributing if he doesn't have a job, I am just saying if someone wants something outside of basic needs like flashing at their friends then they should use their own money, not group tax. cause most stuff in a league like skins are overpriced for what the person gets but that tax enables a bigger player base. > > also if a person is doing something helpful but not getting paid then that person should get paid. league of legend is a paid to win, or is it pay to enjoy. > > What you doing is like telling people food stamp is stupid because it takes out your tax money, so people should not pay tax so the general public can get the road fixed and have police for free. Except people are not even forced to pay for this tax. > > I probably won't spend my money on externals but I am not gonna insult the next rich kid paying for my food on my plate (playing league for free), bc I didn't have rich parents. > > also, last time I checked ea not only sells a 60 dollars game with microtransaction, but it's also a pay to win. You are so completely off base at this point I can't respond to you.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=00140001,timestamp=2019-08-25T17:32:02.732+0000) > > You are so completely off base at this point I can't respond to you. I know you think the achievement system should be free to play, so everyone can enjoy a nice achievement system. you are upset that the fact an achievement system is costing money is wild bc it doesn't cost much to implement. you think they generate enough money with skins that eternal should be free. I think it would be nice if they dropped in hextech. but I am not gonna compliant about it being RP based bc I am grateful that this game is free to play and not pay to win.
: > [{quoted}](name=lejundary,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2019-08-25T16:23:59.662+0000) > > I am not saying a person is not contributing if he doesn't have a job, I am just saying if someone wants something outside of basic needs like flashing at their friends then they should use their own money, not group tax. cause most stuff in a league like skins are overpriced for what the person gets but that tax enables a bigger player base. > > also if a person is doing something helpful but not getting paid then that person should get paid. league of legend is a paid to win, or is it pay to enjoy. > > What you doing is like telling people food stamp is stupid because it takes out your tax money, so people should not pay tax so the general public can get the road fixed and have police for free. Except people are not even forced to pay for this tax. > > I probably won't spend my money on externals but I am not gonna insult the next rich kid paying for my food on my plate (playing league for free), bc I didn't have rich parents. > > also, last time I checked ea not only sells a 60 dollars game with microtransaction, but it's also a pay to win. Since you can't keep track of your own words. "Get a job is effort. Effort that actually get you some where in life. Effort that actually contributes to society not playing games all day." -Get you somewhere in life. This is an insult. -Actually contribute to society. This is an insult. Spinning your words doesn't work when we can literally see your original message. You tried to change your phrasing, showing that you know it was meant to be insulting. You're delusional and reaching by comparing stats to taxes or food stamps. Both of Which *help* people in some way. Unless you can tell me how Eternals helps people, this is irrelevant. And I'd love for you to explain your reasoning behind defending Eternals, yet you refuse to purchase it as well? Am I to understand you view this as a useless buy in, agreeing to the point that it's *not worth money*?
> [{quoted}](name=Lightning Amane,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=00140000,timestamp=2019-08-25T16:44:28.346+0000) > > Since you can't keep track of your own words. > > "Get a job is effort. Effort that actually get you some where in life. Effort that actually contributes to society not playing games all day." > > -Get you somewhere in life. > > This is an insult. > > -Actually contribute to society. > > This is an insult. > > Spinning your words doesn't work when we can literally see your original message. You tried to change your phrasing, showing that you know it was meant to be insulting. > > You're delusional and reaching by comparing stats to taxes or food stamps. Both of Which *help* people in some way. Unless you can tell me how Eternals helps people, this is irrelevant. > > And I'd love for you to explain your reasoning behind defending Eternals, yet you refuse to purchase it as well? Am I to understand you view this as a useless buy in, agreeing to the point that it's *not worth money*? exactly food stamps helps people, just like league being free to play help people who cant affort pay to win games or pay to play game. enternal is like ways people can donate so the game can stay free how is that hard to understand? it's like those 4ocean braclets, it's a stupid ass braclet but you not really just pay for the stupid braclet but a bragging right that you helped clean the ocean. insult is a disrespect remark, sure you may feel it insulting that I think you are putting your efforts in the wrong place. but that's like I go to your house ask shit for free and you tell me how I can get my own shit is an insult. I am telling you how the economy works, you trade your goods and service for other people's goods and service, money is the medium to do so. you playing the game is not giving good and service to riot but the other way around.
: Not Sorry, Riot. I still can't buy an Eternal even after these changes.
I am not saying a person is not contributing if he doesn't have a job, I am just saying if someone wants something outside of basic needs like flashing at their friends then they should use their own money, not group tax. cause most stuff in a league like skins are overpriced for what the person gets but that tax enables a bigger player base. also if a person is doing something helpful but not getting paid then that person should get paid. league of legend is a paid to win, or is it pay to enjoy. What you doing is like telling people food stamp is stupid because it takes out your tax money, so people should not pay tax so the general public can get the road fixed and have police for free. Except people are not even forced to pay for this tax. I probably won't spend my money on externals but I am not gonna insult the next rich kid paying for my food on my plate (playing league for free), bc I didn't have rich parents. also, last time I checked ea not only sells a 60 dollars game with microtransaction, but it's also a pay to win.
Nazgul10 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=lejundary,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tlwjEJJv,comment-id=000e0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-25T05:29:11.096+0000) > > They are not forcing you to buy them. It's not stopping you from wining your games. It's like complainting about rich people buying useless crap, it's their money. Also just because they are selling doesn't mean people are buying. Company's job is to make as much money as they can. employee's job is to help with that. Consumer works at a job to pay for shit they want. People who doesn't have a job wants shit for free as much as they can. Just because riot is making money doesn't mean they need to give out free shit. Sure, they aren't forcing you to buy them. But why are they trying to scam us so hard? I'm sure they could have done better, but they just don't want to. They throw this pile of shit that almost nobody cares about and most will just buy them just for shits and giggles. Nobody will even care about what they introduce, because they don't give anything. 3 Eternals cost more than a 750 RP SKIN. That's overpriced as shit, just like ward skins.
> [{quoted}](name=Nazgul10,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tlwjEJJv,comment-id=000e00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-25T05:38:31.783+0000) > > Sure, they aren't forcing you to buy them. But why are they trying to scam us so hard? I'm sure they could have done better, but they just don't want to. They throw this pile of shit that almost nobody cares about and most will just buy them just for shits and giggles. Nobody will even care about what they introduce, because they don't give anything. 3 Eternals cost more than a 750 RP SKIN. That's overpriced as shit, just like ward skins. I mean I never buy event passes or prestiged skins but some people buys them because they can and those people know they are overpaying not scamed. so most people like us can enjoy the free updates. I mean someone gonna pay for the work done outside of skins. Would you rather buy a 60 game and then pay for dlc for few years then the developer stop support it. Or a game paid by Royal users so it's free to play for most and have long term supports. I know it's a stupid silly feature that should be free but if people are willing to pay for it why stop them.
: > How is it a insult? They are putting a price tag on emots. The mastery emot is still free. Notebook cost money is that scummy? Food cost money is that scummy? Stat tracking is not what it's selling. They are selling supports for the game updates, rework, visual update, servers, esports. So that people who doesn't have income can play and watch a game for free. If they sold esport game ppv that would be usual business practice, if you had to buy the game to play ranked that would be usual business practices, if you had to buy dlc to keep game updated that would be usual game practice. this game you can get to challenger get scouted to be a pro on a low spec pc without spending a penny on ingame purchases because it enable people who does have the money to support it is scummy? "Get a job, contribute to society instead of playing games all day". If you claim this isn't a form of trying to insult someone, you're very out of touch. As for your comparisons, a notebook has a *use*. Food, obviously you need to eat to live. This being a very drastic comparison. Eternals serves no purpose yet they want to put a price tag on it. *That's* precisely *why* it is wrong. It's arrogant and a cash grab. Not hard to understand to difference between something that has a use vs something that's closer to bragging rights. Mastery was free, therefore Eternals should have been as well. This isn't a service. It is greed.
> [{quoted}](name=Lightning Amane,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=00040000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-25T08:04:51.440+0000) > > "Get a job, contribute to society instead of playing games all day". If you claim this isn't a form of trying to insult someone, you're very out of touch. > > As for your comparisons, a notebook has a *use*. > > Food, obviously you need to eat to live. This being a very drastic comparison. > > Eternals serves no purpose yet they want to put a price tag on it. *That's* precisely *why* it is wrong. It's arrogant and a cash grab. Not hard to understand to difference between something that has a use vs something that's closer to bragging rights. Mastery was free, therefore Eternals should have been as well. This isn't a service. It is greed. people don't pay for shit they don't want. riot can't force you to buy enternals. telling people to contribute to society is not a insult. Is telling riot to improve on there game a insult? i am just saying if you want enterals but have no money you can work if you don't want it no one is forcing you. also the person I originally replied to said he want to use his efforts to get enternals and not money, I was just trying to point out that his efforts maybe used better somewhere else.
: > [{quoted}](name=lejundary,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=0004000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-25T07:09:04.190+0000) > > You are going off tangent saying I am going off tangent because you know I am right and don't want to admit it. Hold on just a moment. > [{quoted}](name=lejundary,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=000d000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-25T07:06:13.437+0000) > > You pay for achievement when you buy the game. This game is free to play and not pay to win. Also they put skins in free roots that comes very often. Is Nike greedy selling shones for 100+ dollors because people are gonna buy them anyways? You don't understand what is greed. Selling essential needs for high price is greed and heartless and its gonna bite its own ass. Eternal is not essential need for you to be good at league. If summoners spells, runes, champions cost RP only would be greed and no one would play the game. This? This is blatantly wrong. And I'm gonna go bit by bit through it. > [{quoted}](name=lejundary,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=000d000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-25T07:06:13.437+0000) > > You pay for achievement when you buy the game. This game is free to play and not pay to win. None of the games I got for free on my Xbox had their achievements locked behind a pay wall. This includes the free to play games like Smite and Dauntless. Playstation has the same situation. AT NO POINT ARE ANY ACHIEVEMENTS/TROPHIES LOCKED BEHIND A PAY WALL, EVEN IN THE F2P GAMES. > You don't understand what is greed. Selling essential needs for high price is greed and heartless and its gonna bite its own ass. Eternal is not essential need for you to be good at league. If summoners spells, runes, champions cost RP only would be greed and no one would play the game. So because it's not essential, the price tag is automatically fair? Cars aren't essential to life. So I guess that means every car no matter how fancy is fairly priced at 2 million dollars. Live closer to your destinations and it's not a problem. Phones aren't essential to staying alive. So they should also be priced at 2 million for each device. Use pen and paper to write letters! You know, email before we had computers. Roads aren't needed. Stop being a baby and walk through that 2 mile stretch of woods! You're just being lazy otherwise. Do you see the problem now with what you've said? Not only is it factually false, the logic behind your statements is that it's not greed until it's an essential item. Don't even bother with telling me cars, phones or roads are actually needed to live because they're simply quality of life upgrades for humans. A human could live out in the woods on his own making his own crude tools out of what's there. Again, you are on a tangent. So stop posting. Don't bother attacking me further because you are wrong logically and factually.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=00040000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-25T07:22:08.883+0000) > > Hold on just a moment. > > This? This is blatantly wrong. And I'm gonna go bit by bit through it. > > None of the games I got for free on my Xbox had their achievements locked behind a pay wall. This includes the free to play games like Smite and Dauntless. Playstation has the same situation. > > AT NO POINT ARE ANY ACHIEVEMENTS/TROPHIES LOCKED BEHIND A PAY WALL, EVEN IN THE F2P GAMES. > > So because it's not essential, the price tag is automatically fair? > > Cars aren't essential to life. So I guess that means every car no matter how fancy is fairly priced at 2 million dollars. Live closer to your destinations and it's not a problem. > Phones aren't essential to staying alive. So they should also be priced at 2 million for each device. Use pen and paper to write letters! You know, email before we had computers. > Roads aren't needed. Stop being a baby and walk through that 2 mile stretch of woods! You're just being lazy otherwise. > > Do you see the problem now with what you've said? > > Not only is it factually false, the logic behind your statements is that it's not greed until it's an essential item. Don't even bother with telling me cars, phones or roads are actually needed to live because they're simply quality of life upgrades for humans. A human could live out in the woods on his own making his own crude tools out of what's there. > > Again, you are on a tangent. So stop posting. Don't bother attacking me further because you are wrong logically and factually. I am not attacking I am just trying to discuss this matter sorry if you feel offened. You Xbox is not free, and doesn't Xbox live cost money? Also enternal doesn't cost 2 mil dollars it cost 5 bucks. quality of life is essential. because better quality of life mean live better and longer and that is the purpose of survive. greed is taking something for selfish gain. you know why monopoly is illegal? it enables abusive price tag. It forces the consumer to pay of needed goods on high prices because only one company controls the good. and that enables greed. if goods are not needed or if the company doesn't controlling all goods then it can't be greedy. the company can try to put high prices but it won't rip money from the consumer because the consumer is free to not buy or buy somewhere else. riot doesn't control the gaming market and this enternal product is not needed product therefore they can't force you to pay up.
: > Get a job is effort. Effort that actually get you some where in life. Effort that actually contributes to society not playing games all day. > And if you have a job and think it's not Worth your money then don't buy it. Play ranked if you got something to prove. Show people your op.gg. The fuck lmao. What a desperate insult man. If you disagree with someone keep it civil at least. And I think you're missing the point of these threads that are against Eternals. It not about having money for it, it's about Riot actually having the audacity to put a price tag on fucking *stats*. Which used to be free to begin with. I work and I would literally never spend a penny for this embarrassing addition. A price tag on stat tracking is scummy no matter how you want to defend it and the company.
> [{quoted}](name=Lightning Amane,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=000400000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-25T07:12:10.563+0000) > > The fuck lmao. What a desperate insult man. If you disagree with someone keep it civil at least. > > And I think you're missing the point of these threads that are against Eternals. It not about having money for it, it's about Riot actually having the audacity to put a price tag on fucking *stats*. Which used to be free to begin with. > > I work and I would literally never spend a penny for this embarrassing addition. A price tag on stat tracking is scummy no matter how you want to defend it and the company. How is it a insult? They are putting a price tag on emots. The mastery emot is still free. Notebook cost money is that scummy? Food cost money is that scummy? Stat tracking is not what it's selling. They are selling supports for the game updates, rework, visual update, servers, esports. So that people who doesn't have income can play and watch a game for free. If they sold esport game ppv that would be usual business practice, if you had to buy the game to play ranked that would be usual business practices, if you had to buy dlc to keep game updated that would be usual game practice. this game you can get to challenger get scouted to be a pro on a low spec pc without spending a penny on ingame purchases because it enable people who does have the money to support it is scummy?
: > [{quoted}](name=lejundary,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-25T06:42:12.397+0000) > > Get a job is effort. Effort that actually get you some where in life. Effort that actually contributes to society not playing games all day. > And if you have a job and think it's not Worth your money then don't buy it. Play ranked if you got something to prove. Show people your op.gg. If you're gonna go off on a tangent because you can't argue you're better off not posting.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=000400000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-25T07:06:15.535+0000) > > If you're gonna go off on a tangent because you can't argue you're better off not posting. You are going off tangent saying I am going off tangent because you know I am right and don't want to admit it.
: > [{quoted}](name=lejundary,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=000d0000000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-25T06:23:51.393+0000) > > You are not compliant about product's performance. You are complianting that a product has a price tag. You didn't pre order this product and found out this is not what you want. You know exactly what the product is and have the right to not buy it if you don't want it. Sure you can say basic things like food and water is too expensive but enternal is like fancy sports car you buy to show off. Showing off that they put effort is real life like getting a job. The performance of these products does not match the price. You have 2 pens. These pens, physically, are exactly alike. One of them costs $100, the other costs nothing. Why would you pay $100? I realize that the above is a very extreme example but my point remains. The price tag on eternals is too high. They are not worth the price tag they have. "But the company put work towards making them!" I still expect a fair price. "But they don't affect gameplay!" They're dictated by gameplay just like Mastery. And they have bonuses tied to Mastery. Mastery isn't a paid function in any capacity and shouldn't ever be. "But muh rarity!" Achievements are based on effort. Not money spent. Not a single game on PlayStation or Xbox has a trophy/achievement based specifically on spending money. The rarity should be in the effort required. There is zero excuse for making this entire system almost completely locked behind a pay wall. Stop defending this greedy monetization.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=000d00000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-08-25T06:36:56.876+0000) > > The performance of these products does not match the price. > > You have 2 pens. These pens, physically, are exactly alike. One of them costs $100, the other costs nothing. Why would you pay $100? > > I realize that the above is a very extreme example but my point remains. The price tag on eternals is too high. They are not worth the price tag they have. > > "But the company put work towards making them!" I still expect a fair price. > "But they don't affect gameplay!" They're dictated by gameplay just like Mastery. And they have bonuses tied to Mastery. Mastery isn't a paid function in any capacity and shouldn't ever be. > "But muh rarity!" Achievements are based on effort. Not money spent. Not a single game on PlayStation or Xbox has a trophy/achievement based specifically on spending money. The rarity should be in the effort required. > > There is zero excuse for making this entire system almost completely locked behind a pay wall. Stop defending this greedy monetization You pay for achievement when you buy the game. This game is free to play and not pay to win. Also they put skins in free roots that comes very often. Is Nike greedy selling shones for 100+ dollors because people are gonna buy them anyways? You don't understand what is greed. Selling essential needs for high price is greed and heartless and its gonna bite its own ass. Eternal is not essential need for you to be good at league. If summoners spells, runes, champions cost RP only would be greed and no one would play the game.
: > [{quoted}](name=lejundary,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-08-25T06:05:55.299+0000) > > BC this is what you do if you are hard stuck in ranked or just want to feel good. So Like most pve feel good games they are not free. Champion mastery has nothing to do with skills neither does eternal. Its like the passes they been selling for extra meaningless missions. But some people enjoy those and without those people you won't have so many casual players to beat. Life is meaningless we just do whatever that makes us happy, you can think you are better than the next guy but you still die one day. I can't tell if you're trying to attack me or not with the first bit. Regardless, there is a skill requirement in Mastery 6 and 7 (although luck helps). And even Mastery 5 requires raw effort that you can't pay to obtain. Mastering the champion, as Unique Eternals seem to promote, should not be locked behind a cash only price tag. Even the generic eternals are at a scummy price point because they're only available for BE twice a year with the Emporium. Casual players will pay to have their progress boosted because they want instant gratification. These aren't actually about boosting your progress, just tracking it. As I told another poster, it's like paying to level up your character 5 more times, but those 5 levels confer no bonuses whatsoever and instead change your hat slightly when you get the last of them. It's not something that should be paid for and Riot should understand that the rarity in achievements comes from effort, not putting up money. The fact they're going this same shitty route as so many other companies only shows that companies are disconnected from their consumers.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-25T06:23:59.103+0000) > > I can't tell if you're trying to attack me or not with the first bit. > > Regardless, there is a skill requirement in Mastery 6 and 7 (although luck helps). And even Mastery 5 requires raw effort that you can't pay to obtain. Mastering the champion, as Unique Eternals seem to promote, should not be locked behind a cash only price tag. Even the generic eternals are at a scummy price point because they're only available for BE twice a year with the Emporium. > > Casual players will pay to have their progress boosted because they want instant gratification. These aren't actually about boosting your progress, just tracking it. > > As I told another poster, it's like paying to level up your character 5 more times, but those 5 levels confer no bonuses whatsoever and instead change your hat slightly when you get the last of them. It's not something that should be paid for and Riot should understand that the rarity in achievements comes from effort, not putting up money. The fact they're going this same shitty route as so many other companies only shows that companies are disconnected from their consumers. Get a job is effort. Effort that actually get you some where in life. Effort that actually contributes to society not playing games all day. And if you have a job and think it's not Worth your money then don't buy it. Play ranked if you got something to prove. Show people your op.gg.
: > [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=000d00000000,timestamp=2019-08-24T13:41:39.679+0000) > > Again, no, you dont. Things cost money to make, and this was already a massive cost for them to dev, and if they want to do more with it they need to recoup costs. Product is made. Product is advertised to do these things. Product does not do all of said things in a satisfactory fashion. You have no right to complain about the product's performance. That's the logic you've posted. Consumers have the right to review and disparage products they find unsatisfactory. The moment they're not allowed to complain is the moment corporations are allowed to silence consumers "because we need more money". The same type of dystopian future you see in many games where corporations become worse than the government because they control all of the money. Just GTFO if you're gonna say I'm not allowed to complain. As a consumer, that's my fucking right when I see an unsatisfactory product and neither you nor any corporation on this planet should be telling me to shut my mouth.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=000d000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-24T13:48:16.586+0000) > > Product is made. > Product is advertised to do these things. > Product does not do all of said things in a satisfactory fashion. > You have no right to complain about the product's performance. > > That's the logic you've posted. Consumers have the right to review and disparage products they find unsatisfactory. The moment they're not allowed to complain is the moment corporations are allowed to silence consumers "because we need more money". The same type of dystopian future you see in many games where corporations become worse than the government because they control all of the money. > > Just GTFO if you're gonna say I'm not allowed to complain. As a consumer, that's my fucking right when I see an unsatisfactory product and neither you nor any corporation on this planet should be telling me to shut my mouth. You are not compliant about product's performance. You are complianting that a product has a price tag. You didn't pre order this product and found out this is not what you want. You know exactly what the product is and have the right to not buy it if you don't want it. Sure you can say basic things like food and water is too expensive but enternal is like fancy sports car you buy to show off. Showing off that they put effort is real life like getting a job.
: > [{quoted}](name=TurdingTonBear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-08-24T02:00:37.245+0000) > > Ya know technically you get 7 levels of Mastery for free for 140+ champions. > > Like what? Do people really not remember pre mastery systems? > > Cry on Why should my mastery be locked behind anything but a play grind? Why should I pay for my skill based stats to be tracked? I'm on 1.4 million points on MF. 300k on Nocturne. 105k on both Kai'Sa and Ashe. All of the above are M7 and their S ranks were mostly trivial. Tell me why I should pay actual money to upgrade those ranks after I got all of that for free with straight up effort?
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n1eRkfwN,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-08-24T02:13:19.481+0000) > > Why should my mastery be locked behind anything but a play grind? > Why should I pay for my skill based stats to be tracked? > > I'm on 1.4 million points on MF. > 300k on Nocturne. > 105k on both Kai'Sa and Ashe. > > All of the above are M7 and their S ranks were mostly trivial. > > Tell me why I should pay actual money to upgrade those ranks after I got all of that for free with straight up effort? BC this is what you do if you are hard stuck in ranked or just want to feel good. So Like most pve feel good games they are not free. Champion mastery has nothing to do with skills neither does eternal. Its like the passes they been selling for extra meaningless missions. But some people enjoy those and without those people you won't have so many casual players to beat. Life is meaningless we just do whatever that makes us happy, you can think you are better than the next guy but you still die one day.
CLG ear (NA)
: the sad thing is that there are plenty of non-scummy ways Riot could generate revenue
You kNow what would be actually scummy Runes is rp only Champion is rp only Ranked promo cost rp to play If you don't like external then don't buy it . If you like it but have no money, go get a job. If you like it but have no money but doesn't want to get a job so tell everyone this is shitty business practice so you could have it for free. Stfu.
Nazgul10 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=lejundary,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tlwjEJJv,comment-id=000e00000000,timestamp=2019-08-24T15:36:57.795+0000) > > Enteral are free a few times a year, also the game is free to play, ranked is free to play , skin has free drop chance , wtf people don't work on a game for free, you pay for products. Instead selling shoes give them away for free is not a marketing strategy. Yeah, the very basic stats that are literally useless information even if you have them. Nothing is better than having them. How they'll monetize you ask? Hmm, 300+ skins in the game, we had 2 event passes back to back, icons, ward skins, emotes, hextech, xp boosts, bundles, literally how will they make a living eh?
> [{quoted}](name=Nazgul10,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tlwjEJJv,comment-id=000e000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-24T16:09:47.784+0000) > > Yeah, the very basic stats that are literally useless information even if you have them. Nothing is better than having them. How they'll monetize you ask? Hmm, 300+ skins in the game, we had 2 event passes back to back, icons, ward skins, emotes, hextech, xp boosts, bundles, literally how will they make a living eh? They are not forcing you to buy them. It's not stopping you from wining your games. It's like complainting about rich people buying useless crap, it's their money. Also just because they are selling doesn't mean people are buying. Company's job is to make as much money as they can. employee's job is to help with that. Consumer works at a job to pay for shit they want. People who doesn't have a job wants shit for free as much as they can. Just because riot is making money doesn't mean they need to give out free shit.
Nazgul10 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=lejundary,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tlwjEJJv,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2019-08-24T14:15:55.674+0000) > > League can't tell you when to rotate, the game is not about who is following order better, it's about following your own path that and prove it's better than other's. I think eternal is great for gamer to achieve something even if they can't win the game. Not everyone can win in a PvP game and people get salty and don't wanna play. I would personally get enternal BC I think it would be fun earning a identity for your playstyle. And if you think you are better then those who buys enterals prove it in the rift or prove it in real life. Till then nobody cares how much you hate it. I would have no problem with them if they were free. Why spend money and doom the game by getting quite literally scammed? How am I dooming the game?! you may ask. Well, if enough people buy them (which they will, oh yes they will) it will be marked as a financial success, so what are we going to do? Introduce more, leech more, till they drain every last goddamn cent out of every single fucking one of us. What we have to do, is boycott them. Make Riot see that their marketing strategies with these Eternals were a dumb fucking move, so they wake up and see what they're doing to this game. How long do you think will it take until there are no actual free additions and everything is hidden behind a VERY thick paywall? We already had 2 event passes BACK TO BACK, now Eternals. What's next? I'm not optimistic about the feature of League and I fail to predict even one good thing happening in the feature. It's sad honestly.
> [{quoted}](name=Nazgul10,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tlwjEJJv,comment-id=000e0000,timestamp=2019-08-24T14:33:07.648+0000) > > I would have no problem with them if they were free. Why spend money and doom the game by getting quite literally scammed? How am I dooming the game?! you may ask. Well, if enough people buy them (which they will, oh yes they will) it will be marked as a financial success, so what are we going to do? Introduce more, leech more, till they drain every last goddamn cent out of every single fucking one of us. > > What we have to do, is boycott them. Make Riot see that their marketing strategies with these Eternals were a dumb fucking move, so they wake up and see what they're doing to this game. > > How long do you think will it take until there are no actual free additions and everything is hidden behind a VERY thick paywall? We already had 2 event passes BACK TO BACK, now Eternals. What's next? I'm not optimistic about the feature of League and I fail to predict even one good thing happening in the feature. It's sad honestly. Enteral are free a few times a year, also the game is free to play, ranked is free to play , skin has free drop chance , wtf people don't work on a game for free, you pay for products. Instead selling shoes give them away for free is not a marketing strategy.
: Riot, since you clearly don't understand, let me tell you exactly what you're missing.
League can't tell you when to rotate, the game is not about who is following order better, it's about following your own path that and prove it's better than other's. I think eternal is great for gamer to achieve something even if they can't win the game. Not everyone can win in a PvP game and people get salty and don't wanna play. I would personally get enternal BC I think it would be fun earning a identity for your playstyle. And if you think you are better then those who buys enterals prove it in the rift or prove it in real life. Till then nobody cares how much you hate it.
Rαy (EUW)
: Riot giving Annie more Damage/Mobility shows they are still clueless about League's biggest Problem
So you want everything to be point and click and do no damage because that's gonna create outplay potential. It's frustrating because other people are better. Power and mobility sets the skill gap. Giving more chance to punish mistakes. Like what happened to table tennis when they made the ball bigger to nerf Chinese players power and mobility to shurk skill gap or create more viable play style. In league there is still a ton of play style outside of burst mages.
Neptunus2 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=lejundary,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lL9yctZb,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-08-02T04:06:26.881+0000) > > they actually try to do a lot to bring the tt to work Ok buddy. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
> [{quoted}](name=Neptunus2,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lL9yctZb,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-08-02T18:40:28.973+0000) > > Ok buddy. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} they made visual updates, item changes, ranked rewards. that's a lot for a game mode that has a small player base. would you fix a house for free that no one lives in it? maybe someone would want to come and live if you fixed it, but would you take that risk?
Juxin (NA)
: Once again, Riot pushes the entire playerbase onto one map.
Majority rules, they actually try to do a lot to bring the tt to work but it's not worth it financially. Noone works for free. Aram on the other hand has a big player base. Sr for serious team players, aram for casual fun, tft for serious or casual single player. TT has no purposes and it's player base proves it.
Soulhardt (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=PolarEclipse,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HaxkP5yl,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-28T19:45:56.880+0000) > > Alright, Alright, I need someone here, to tell me. "Then there is the balancing. A complete joke and disrespect to the players that want to have fun and play strategically at the same time.". > > Fun is 100% subjective, but more importantly. Can somebody, finally just tell me, what has made league lose strategy? > How is it less strategic now than before? Nobody never gives me any answer on this but people just keep saying it all the time and it's driving me insane. > > And don't you dare say "b-because more d-damage?" because damage has always been a thing. But the higher the damage output a champion has the less strategy is involved in fighting them, because fights are shorter and generally determined by who managed to get their one shot move/combo off first. Noones saying damage hasn't always been a thing, but the amount of champions capable of deleting another champion from the game has risen drastically since, say, a few seasons ago.
> [{quoted}](name=Soulhardt,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HaxkP5yl,comment-id=00030002,timestamp=2019-07-28T21:43:50.123+0000) > > But the higher the damage output a champion has the less strategy is involved in fighting them, because fights are shorter and generally determined by who managed to get their one shot move/combo off first. Noones saying damage hasn't always been a thing, but the amount of champions capable of deleting another champion from the game has risen drastically since, say, a few seasons ago. that's not true, look at Chess it's one shot one kill, look at tennis it's only four points for a set. damage has nothing to do with strategy, it's the options you have to defend from damage that creates strategy. lol has plenty of options, for example wards, Minions, turrent, team, distance, and your own damage. it's not perfect game but I feel like some of these people are mad just cause they lose games and just salty about unable to improve. it's a pvp game at the core, and guess what more people watch basketball then people who play, just cause you're physically unfit doesn't make basketball a bad game.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: June 20
Sona is strong because she has adc damage but also helps the support, she needs her q and e scaling to be useful as support. It's the fact taric an sona benifts eachother from both heal and shielding is what makes them overpowered. You guys just need to make revitalized less effective when stacked or to separate outgoing and income boost for healing/shielding into different runes.~~~~
Rioter Comments
: ( Prove Me Wrong ) Your promotional game shouldn't count as a loss if a non premade doesn't connect
> [{quoted}](name=Galaxyburstz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=g6rrruRN,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-07T13:48:38.328+0000) > > So if someone in champ select says my PC keeps crashing, I'm lagging, I'm running it down mid, or my ping is so high right now for some reason I am not allowed to dodge but have to accept my fate and lose and then drop down to 68 LP if it then repeats twice > > I have heard many people say things like " Why can't I dodge in promos Riot? " but then realize that people would simply leave everytime they do not get over the top winrate teammates on their side to influence the outcome of the matches > > Simply asking for 1 permitted dodge that does not count as a loss if you enter your series / promos, give it a rank threshhold, a season restriction, test trial period, or a 10 ~ 12 minute queue time penalty > > I don't see any flaws in my logic, do you? It's flawed cause you can get another one after you Dodge the first one. You know how to get promoted? Win every winnable game. Even faker has lose streaks. I know it sucks to get trolls or afk but most of the time its unintentional.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: You can't dodge because normally, dodging would make you lose LP. Since you are in your promos, you don't lose LP, you just get a loss. So when dodging, instead of losing LP and dropping below 100 LP, you simply get a loss. Don't think it can be changed simply due to the fact you lose LP when you dodge games You can't give people in promos immunity from losing LP via dodging
> [{quoted}](name=JuiceBoxP,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=g6rrruRN,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-07T14:00:57.735+0000) > > You can't dodge because normally, dodging would make you lose LP. > > Since you are in your promos, you don't lose LP, you just get a loss. > > So when dodging, instead of losing LP and dropping below 100 LP, you simply get a loss. > > Don't think it can be changed simply due to the fact you lose LP when you dodge games > > You can't give people in promos immunity from losing LP via dodging You will have more lp if you Dodge than if you lose I think. Like there is a difference going 1/3 and 0/3 in promo.
: Rune Page Order
I have it too it's annoying
: Remove position ranks. It's 10 times worse.
you are the who doesn't understand. I am saying, sure you can lose games because your team is not on their main so they played "bad". but you can also win games because you are playing against people who are not on their main. what is the difference between losing bc your team suck and losing bc your team doesn't care?
AUHamer (NA)
: Position ranks suck for support players playing solo.... I was gold/plat last season, but I primarily got to those levels playing jungle/mid so I could carry games. The best support cannot carry a game. A bad adc is a bad adc. period. Unless you have a duo partner as a support, you are pretty locked in you place and unable to carry your way out. In past seasons, I would play jungle/mid to place myself to gold where it is worth playing as a support because getting your ADC fed in higher tiers actually means something.
> [{quoted}](name=AUHamer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Iue4k0d2,comment-id=0019,timestamp=2019-02-04T09:15:15.053+0000) > > Position ranks suck for support players playing solo.... I was gold/plat last season, but I primarily got to those levels playing jungle/mid so I could carry games. The best support cannot carry a game. A bad adc is a bad adc. period. Unless you have a duo partner as a support, you are pretty locked in you place and unable to carry your way out. In past seasons, I would play jungle/mid to place myself to gold where it is worth playing as a support because getting your ADC fed in higher tiers actually means something. Then play jg and mid to gold. You can duo with someone for sup, or just learn how to carry as sup in low elo. In the past season its probably because you capped on jungle/mid and find playing sup breaks that cap. However that's cause playing sup allows your team to carry you easier even if you not really good enough.
: I agree that it's a problem with the player base, but the reality is the system needs to fix it. This is a free to play game, that is easy to run on mediocre hardware. Just about ANYBODY can play it. Due to this low barrier of entry, you have to expect a bit of a mixed player base. Not everyone is going to be perfect little angels. In a perfect world with 100% honorable upstanding citizens for the player base, this system would work great! But that isn't reality. Leaving this system in place and blaming the player base for any bad experiences would be the low effort, hands off approach. The system needs to incentivise people to play well, and punish them for not doing so. For an example, I'm not perfect either. I'm focused on ranking up my mid lane right now. I will play my hardest and fight to the bitter end in every mid game. That being said, if I'm in an off role and my team is getting rekt, it's not worth my effort. I'm more than happy to just surrender, take the - 3LP and get back to mid next game. If I was looking at losing full LP even in an off role, you better believe I would (and did in previous seasons) play my heart out trying to save my LP even when auto filled. In short, I don't believe I would say this system promotes toxic behavior, but it certainly promotes a lazy care free attitude to anyone who isn't playing their main. Why try hard and burn yourself out just to help out the team you got stuck with, when the end result has almost no effect on the rank you care about? To be honorable of course! But remember, we're talking about human beings here, not perfect little angels. Most people are only looking out for themselves. Especially in solo Q.
> [{quoted}](name=Captn Clutch,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Iue4k0d2,comment-id=000c000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-15T03:52:26.111+0000) > > I agree that it's a problem with the player base, but the reality is the system needs to fix it. This is a free to play game, that is easy to run on mediocre hardware. Just about ANYBODY can play it. Due to this low barrier of entry, you have to expect a bit of a mixed player base. Not everyone is going to be perfect little angels. In a perfect world with 100% honorable upstanding citizens for the player base, this system would work great! But that isn't reality. Leaving this system in place and blaming the player base for any bad experiences would be the low effort, hands off approach. The system needs to incentivise people to play well, and punish them for not doing so. For an example, I'm not perfect either. I'm focused on ranking up my mid lane right now. I will play my hardest and fight to the bitter end in every mid game. That being said, if I'm in an off role and my team is getting rekt, it's not worth my effort. I'm more than happy to just surrender, take the - 3LP and get back to mid next game. If I was looking at losing full LP even in an off role, you better believe I would (and did in previous seasons) play my heart out trying to save my LP even when auto filled. In short, I don't believe I would say this system promotes toxic behavior, but it certainly promotes a lazy care free attitude to anyone who isn't playing their main. Why try hard and burn yourself out just to help out the team you got stuck with, when the end result has almost no effect on the rank you care about? To be honorable of course! But remember, we're talking about human beings here, not perfect little angels. Most people are only looking out for themselves. Especially in solo Q. If that's true then your enemy is also carefree, this is the same blame as "my team suck that's why I am in this elo. " If you play with shitty players then you are playing against shitty players. It's easy to see flaw of others, people make of fun pros when they are sliver players.
: Agreed. I see it as riots way to try and fight smurfing but totally fail. Anyone here, thats honest, can say if they played off role they would not care if they lost the game. Everyone else in the game probably cared but in reality I lose 3-4lp, because my main role wasnt played, and everyone else loses 15ish. Toxic
> [{quoted}](name=Live2LetDie,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Iue4k0d2,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-03T04:45:01.358+0000) > > Agreed. I see it as riots way to try and fight smurfing but totally fail. Anyone here, thats honest, can say if they played off role they would not care if they lost the game. Everyone else in the game probably cared but in reality I lose 3-4lp, because my main role wasnt played, and everyone else loses 15ish. Toxic You do know that this could also happen to your enemy team right? It's not like you never lose on your main bc your bad. People just needed to play enough off role so the system can match you with more similar skilled player. It's like saying you can't win in normal bc no one cares but there is always a winner.
: Snowdown Ending Soon
{{c{{item:3632}} {{item:2010}}

lejundary

Level 284 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion