Rioter Comments
: Patch 9.9 notes
Already frustrated as a tank top laner for a while, now riot is buffing darius....
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Try domination as second tree (it has a spell amp option if I recall correctly) or inspiration with its biscuits (even though that works only until minute 12).. Meanwhile I am in pain for mana sustain.. Manaflow excludes ultimate hat :/
If you really struggle with mana sustain, buy an early frostfang and sell it later. It's a really good early mana item. I know most ppl won't do it because it delays your main items. But in my opinion is a good option to do.
: Yeah it's pretty much limited to that so far. Other options would be opting into an early back for a dark seal + refillable / corrupting potion or something along those lines. For Ravenous Hunter you gain the stacks on assists as well, not just kills. Those particular runes aren't actually too bad to stack if you're one to make roam plays or assist in ganks / neutrals. At least I noticed my relentless hunter made it to 4 stacks in a game where I only had one kill myself, but 4 assists.
5050BS (NA)
: ?? how are you running low in mid lane?
I don't think that's actually a rare situation. Even in pro games you may see ori and syndra ults flying through to not kill you, but takes you low. In a normal game, you eat 2 bombs from lv 7 ziggs then you probably already around half.
: I honestly just play safe and only go for trades I feel have a high percentage chance for success. You could also grab Ravenous Hunter in the Domination tree, that is stacking spellvamp on takedowns if you want it. It's 2.5% and 2.5% more for each stack. You can gain up to 15% through that if you get your 5 stacks so it's not too bad.
Well when I use spellvamp other than malz, it's very likely to be a situation that laning is real rough and I just wanna survive longer in lane. It means it's a matchup that I have a very little chance to get a takedown. But yea I will try and see how it goes.
: You don't, why do you think AD mid laners are common place? I miss will of the ancients, basically a bloodthirster for mages.
I miss that too, it was so cheap, 2500 gold? And you don't really need the whole item, one component already gives 12% spellvamp. But now it's even worse because runes are gone as well.
Rioter Comments
ljt117 (NA)
: Does anyone else have the same problem?
: This hurts to read...
I was real tilted. Seriously, if you gonna just assign 1min 30 sec queue time for the secondary, I'd rather wait 5 min more. One or two games are fine, but now probably about 10 games in a role. It feels extremely upset when the ppl who actually get mid ask bot if he wanna trade. Then why am i not getting this position...
Rioter Comments
ljt117 (NA)
: I think the punishment for afk should vary between ranked and normal/aram games
uh.. I guess this topic has been discussed a lot before?
Rioter Comments
Naalith (NA)
: His ult dealing magic damage is actually a good thing, usually people will rush Armor before MR unless the team is heavy AP and that means that Garen's ult is still extremely effective. Even at the end of the game, 90% of the time tanks/bruisers will have more armor than MR, and Garen's lane opponent is still forced to rush armor to counter him. If his ult did physical damage someone could just buy a chain vest before Garen hit 6 and his ult would be completely useless for the rest of the lane, and probably the rest of the game unless they buffed the damage.
well, the problem for this is: 1. his ult does not benefit from ad items, which means his ult can't really snowball from items. 2. most garen build black cleaver, and combined with his E's armor debuff, garen can reduce enemy armor very effectly, but his ult can't benefit from this.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: I played pre-rework Malzahar jungle quite a bit, and he actually wasn't that useless without ult. Perhaps a better duelist than team fighter due to the unusual nature of his kit, but not useless. His minions did fairly significant damage, the catch being that it was damage over time rather than burst. In an extended fight, he contributed rather well, but it took a lot of micromanagement and careful positioning to pull off. Good team fight Malzahar items at the time gave him CDR (for more spell spam = more minions) and/or movement speed (so he could kite) in addition to AD. In short, think glorified ADC. Except he did less damage in team fights in exchange for not having to auto attack to contribute. Against immobile opponents, he was absolutely obnoxious, since he could straight up kill you while running away.
I agree the most part until the last one. He is actually a much weaker threat to inmobile tanks now as mid laner. His current null zone's max health dmg is only half as the old one, and you only have it when you ult.
: the goal was to kill the support malz, thank fucking god
Based on how they treat tank ekko, it's not a big surprise.
Dreampod (NA)
: It was also pre-rework. The pre-rework version was a Manamune based AD build that relied on spamming his spells frequently enough to keep up voidlings to tank the jungle and then going in for ganks with a summon prepped and letting your voidlings gangbang them while they were locked down from R. It was never super popular (outside URF) because it was management intensive and while entertaining, not actually very useful when his ult was down (the primary problem old Malz had in all his builds).
Yeah you are right, I kinda forgot that part.
: was riot expecting malz mid to be balanced? they reverted the damage nerfs and put damage back on his ult but allowed him to keep the spellshield passive for some reason
Well, to be fair, it's only partical damage. His Q,E,R's base damage are still much lower than the old one, especially in max level. the only adding damage is his W. But keep in mind that malz also lost his null zone ability mostly. So I think overall malz in this patch deal a slightly lower damage than the old one. If they nerf the spell shield for a bit more on later stage I think it's fairly balanced then. I don't think they will remove the current passive unless they bring more damage back.
: > [{quoted}](name=Fuzzy Dice79,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Q4mJn01t,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-06-06T18:55:02.241+0000) > > the changes to malz w. In support, they have less hp (1 hit usually kills them) and it doesn't hold charges anymore, rather, it stacks on spells cast. This means that a mid Malz combo can be unaffected and even more powerful with the damage buffs, but the support play is left lackluster as every enemy support can make your w useless and so you're playing with being able to land q and your space aids. > > Malz was never supposed to be played as support anyhow, it just kind of happened after his rework... like how malz jg even worked for a while Malz jg was prerework tho wasnt it.
Nah it was after rework, but only lasted a short amount of time. Since his W on farming jg was too powerful, riot hotfixed it within several days. I believe it did last into the following patch.
Rioter Comments
: Get spooked lol
welp, i kinda get rekt by that sound the whole game
: its Dark Star Thresh's voice because of the Dark Star Singularity game mode thats active this weekend
oh ok, so where to diable this sound
: In settings you can disable it.
Rioter Comments
: They should make it so cloud drake gives % movement speed out of combat rather then flat.....tanks dont get to benefit from infernal drag, why would people who arn`t building movement speed benefit from cloud drake.
Considering the boots of mobility, movement speed out of combat is just not popular in general, so I think riot should just change it into something else.
Rioter Comments
Jikker (NA)
: Is that with or without CDR? Cause she'll have max CDR
> [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=90WWjxZj,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-04-05T03:56:24.283+0000) > > Is that with or without CDR? Cause she'll have max CDR it's with CDR, if you consider 45% then the ult with 50% refund will be 60*0.55*0.5=16.5 seconds. Even not max CDR, let's say 30%, will be 60*0.7*0.5=21 seconds which is still insane.
Rioter Comments
Raiyza (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=ljt117,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=Y6fe6K6r,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2017-03-14T01:08:31.750+0000) > > Well, despite they are pro players, the psychological impact of such things is real difficult to overcome. > Yes they are much better than us on playing the games, but are they that much better on overcome such psychological impact? I'm not sure. Most of them are still kids to be fair, 18, 19 years old? Oh I'm sure psycologically it sucks hard. But that wasn't the point of my post. My point was that if one team had a huge lead and they were about to win, but the other team accidently uncovered a bug in which one of their abilities, for example, somehow prevented the winning team's jungle from using smite. This results in the winning team losing baron in a steal. The game then spirals out of control, and happens again at the elder dragon. This results in the team fight going in the losing teams favor. They rush down mid with the baron buff and elder. They win the game. That kind of scenario is horrible for the winning team because they had absolutely no control over it. The only fair thing to do is to rematch. That way, the losing team doesn't win unfairly, and the winning team doesn't lose unfairly. Another example is when CLG vs TSM faced off I think in the summer split. Huhi played Aurelion Sol but they found a bug where the Stars wouldbe visible around a brush, but Aurelion wasn't actually in it. Forced a rematch. CLG had like a 5k gold lead. It sucks, but it's the fairest thing to do.
Well I point out the psychological thing because I don't think it's fair to the winning team. Especially when the lead is commanding and one bug on a skillshot may not matter. If the winning team got the advantage"because of the bug", just like your first example, then sure rematch is fair. However, if not, then just like your second example, it already sounds unfair to CLG because they don't benefit that much from the bug. If the gold lead was even larger, the fairest thing to do is still rematch? I think the winning team should at least get "something" in that situation, my strategy might reward too much, but I think there should be a reward to make it more fair than just a pure rematch.
Raiyza (NA)
: It's really the only fair way to do it. It sucks more to lose because of something you have no control over. Instead of handicapping the other team, the winning team can just pull off more skill and gain a lead again. It sucks, but because its a game, thats one of the risks in professional play.
Well, despite they are pro players, the psychological impact of such things is real difficult to overcome. Yes they are much better than us on playing the games, but are they that much better on overcome such psychological impact? I'm not sure. Most of them are still kids to be fair, 18, 19 years old?
: That's weird.
The bug is clear now, it was a bug that tahm can't use the W on jhin because of jhin's edge of night shield.
: There's a few bugs with Tahm's W. Which one in particular?
What they said was tahm could not use the W at all, but some people pointed out tahm has used that in the baron fight so.... Edit: QG's support said the bug was tahm can't cast the W on his ad carry, but can work on other people.
: I don't watch the tournaments, what was the bug?
You mean the LGD series? They said it was tahm kench's W bug.
: I'm not going to lie I didn't read too much about that chronobreak thing but couldn't Riot had used that in some of these games, find out what the bug is and eliminate it and restart like 5 secs before the bug happened ?
I'm guessing it's probably not perfect yet.
: I'm starting to think that the reveal of the Chronobreak tool has begun to warp the perception of viewers. And I wouldn't go as far as to assume that nobody doesn't already know about the tool by now. Given these two situations though, I do hope that they can get a functional version of the tool around before the summer split. Now granted you slightly acknowledged the similar scenario that occurred in the GIA vs VIT game. But that's not what happened; you're sugarcoating a grievance that was not to the same magnitude. LGD had a lead true and the bug issued a remake...in Game 1. Even if LGD was granted the automatic win, they still lost the next two. The only thing they'd be provided as a result would be a boost in game differential, which would only put them at -4, still 2 points behind OMG and still in relegation zone. Also, what sounds a bit ridiculous has been a recurring trend from time to time. There's no indication as to when a bug can happen and emerge impactful. It's just as of this week, remakes rise again from issues that happen beyond the 15 minute mark. But at any point, a bug can feel robbing of a losing team that still believes they can win. There have existed gold deficit turnarounds as well _this week_. It's just in this game's case it was a bit more possible but still unlikely than the previous situation. Here's a scenario: you're in a promotion series on the winning team with something like the A.Sol bug 28 mins in pushed at inhib turrets with baron but still a means to lose team fights. Pause occurs. Either: * You get the choice to understand what happened and accept the remake decision * You just tell the opposing team to "suck it up and take the loss." Now put yourself on the other side. Either: * You say "we can't win with this bug; it's not fair" and call to surrender **with your team** who may think otherwise. * You take the granted reprieve and reset your mind in an unfortunate situation. I can feel sympathy for the leading team that had their game taken away because of something unintentional. But I don't think that should warrant an automatic win unless there's a surrender or forfeit. That sounds unprofessional then because the rewarded team didn't really win on top of the backlash and outrage that happens regardless.
What I'm trying to suggest is at least give the winning team "something", less than automatic win in the series, but something meaningful. That's the goal of my suggestion. Maybe my strategy still rewards too much to the winning team, but the point is to give winning team something. I hope that chronobreak thing will work perfectly soon, then this will not be an issue. It rises this week, but It's an old topic. Just think about how long people joke about "froggen" when there's a long pause or so in LCS games. Plus it even happened on world stage again in S5.
Borkahn (NA)
: I'd have to say I agree. Doing a rematch when the gold lead is 8k you said? LCS terms, an 8k gold lead is usually the winning team. I don't agree with the rematch.
Rioter Comments
: Why is Autofill still a thing??!
Good luck to all mid mains, most of you will be fked into all different kinds of positions with a "forced shorter time queue" I don't know what a secondary role means to other guys, but it means not main position, but will be fine to play 1 or 2 out of 5 games. When you got 4 out of 5 games as your secondary role, and probably 1 autofill, idk how a shorter queue time means anything. Just ask players would they prefer a 1min 30 queue time to get an guaranted not primary role or a 5-6 min queue time with primary role. The answer will tell the story. Maybe top elos are forced to do this because they have so few players. But do silver players and gold players need this? I already feel the frustration is being worse, including myself. I hope it won't arrive to the point every autofill players decide to troll other 4 players LP and never dodge. Then the dodge rate which riot value so much will be completely useless stat.
Rioter Comments
: That's a good point, while 'effective health' shows the interaction between health and resistances, you then have to worry about the interaction between effect health and pen items. Perhaps instead of having an 'effective health' stat in game, I could make a calculator that could also incorporate your opponent's pen as well as your own items.
> [{quoted}](name=Plague2427,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=n8tpoNLg,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2016-12-04T16:53:23.907+0000) > > That's a good point, while 'effective health' shows the interaction between health and resistances, you then have to worry about the interaction between effect health and pen items. Perhaps instead of having an 'effective health' stat in game, I could make a calculator that could also incorporate your opponent's pen as well as your own items. It will be extremely difficult, because penentration items are not aura things, they only have effect when you actually do damage.
: How to make Armor and MR more intuitive
Well, I get your point, and it's an interesting concept. The problem is, there's another stat exist: penetration, and also we have both flat pen and percent pen. When your opponent start buying those items, I think the effective health just makes everything even more confusing.
Rioter Comments
JuniorS (NA)
: New client beta Fps drops
Actually my computer is real old, only can run league with the lowest set-up. So this fps drop on the new client really fucked me up during picks/bans.
: > [{quoted}](name=ljt117,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8yQWEm5n,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-11-14T08:11:53.749+0000) > > Feel like 2500 or 2600 will be a fair price I don't feel like there is a right price for this item. Dealing true damage to an enemy while dead from 5k+ range? This is a champion ability/passive, not an item.
> [{quoted}](name=Penguin Eclipse,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8yQWEm5n,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2016-11-14T23:15:46.559+0000) > > I don't feel like there is a right price for this item. Dealing true damage to an enemy while dead from 5k+ range? This is a champion ability/passive, not an item. well true, the active is kinda broken.
: The sad thing is. Neither team seems to know it exists so unless I am playing with my friends, half the time both teams seem to ignore the circle on the ground. Watching a team fight happening. Drops AoE on my team they all run out (even if they were near the outer edge and at like 3/4 hp) of it enemy team keeps pushing into it. {{item:3070}} {{item:3070}}
> [{quoted}](name=Jefftiffy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8yQWEm5n,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-11-14T23:11:32.038+0000) > > The sad thing is. Neither team seems to know it exists so unless I am playing with my friends, half the time both teams seem to ignore the circle on the ground. > > Watching a team fight happening. Drops AoE on my team they all run out (even if they were near the outer edge and at like 3/4 hp) of it enemy team keeps pushing into it. > > {{item:3070}} {{item:3070}} Well actually since there are many reworks happening, people probably not paying enough attention to these support items and how they work. This item is amazing in baron/drake fights.
: No, just a rough estimate of the stats (which is always more than the actual value as the higher tier the item goes the less you pay for the stats) Ex {{item:1036}} {{item:1036}} {{item:1036}} {{item:1036}} =40 ad and costs 1400 while {{item:1038}} =40 ad and costs 1300 Just a rough estimate of the stats shows that Redemption is worth about 2,225,which is in line with the 100 difference you can expect to see and the items tiers go up and Items are SUPPOSED to be gold efficient and the actives are supposed to not increase the prices,(there are plenty of exceptions you pay 2200 for about 1500 worth of stats for {{item:3190}}
> [{quoted}](name=Inquisitor Karma,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8yQWEm5n,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-11-14T20:26:50.000+0000) > > No, just a rough estimate of the stats (which is always more than the actual value as the higher tier the item goes the less you pay for the stats) > Ex {{item:1036}} {{item:1036}} {{item:1036}} {{item:1036}} =40 ad and costs 1400 while {{item:1038}} =40 ad and costs 1300 > > Just a rough estimate of the stats shows that Redemption is worth about 2,225,which is in line with the 100 difference you can expect to see and the items tiers go up and Items are SUPPOSED to be gold efficient and the actives are supposed to not increase the prices,(there are plenty of exceptions you pay 2200 for about 1500 worth of stats for {{item:3190}} The problem is the active is strong, the worth of this active I can't quite estimate, but it's stronger or at least equal strong compare to the locket. So if a 1500 worth stats of locket is costing 2200, how is this item with 2250 value on rough stats already only cost 2100?
Show more

ljt117

Level 151 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion